Cursed

CNBono17
Cursed
Summary: Curses, dragons, and siege warfare. Finn and Lyss are cursed. Finn basically doesn't exist, and Lyss is being perpetually attacked by a dragon. They have no one but each other, and that contact is limited. Then they meet Daran, a sorcerer under a curse of his own, and join the rebellion fighting against the tyrant king of their country of Ilian. This may be the opportunity the rebellion is looking for.

This book has 22 comments. Post your own now!

BabySnickers15 said...
It is amazing

CNBono17This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Wow, thanks:)

Kyrstie said...
This is a great book! I love the fast-paced action, and how just when one problem (the curse) was solved, another rose (I was surprised by how fast the curse was broken.) The characters were well-built, and I like how you split the story by different perspectives. I think the rebellion was cool...generally, I like things that are military-related. Well done for a first piece!

Thanks so much!!! On a lookout for yours:)

MysticMusic This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This was one of the best books on teen ink I have ever read. The action was fast-paced and the view points were split perfectly. You spun an amazing story that left me wanting more- is there more?? The only thing I wish would be that this had more chapters, because it is really good, but leaving readers wanting more is also a great way to end it, rather than readers getting tired of it, which I doubt your book ever will.

Thank you so much! I can't tell you how much this means! And I'm sorry, but there's not more of this story coming, although I have a few others in progress:)

ObsessiveBookworm... said...
That was really enjoyable. I will agree that things seemed to be moving a little fast, but I didn't feel as if it detracted from the story too much. It was a nice, smooth read, and your ideas were pretty darn great. The characters were distinct and developed enough to be more than cardboard cutouts, the setting was decently thought out (albeit a bit cliche) and the plot was not bogged down by all that many subplots, allowing it to play out naturally. I can tell you cared a lot about this p... (more »)

Nov. 13, 2014 at 9:09 am
Thank you! Glad you liked it:)

Dante_Aleman said...
Great writing format! I like how you end sentences at certain points that keep the reader in suspence and keeps them reading more. keep on writing!

Thank you! :) and you too!

Liv.HarrisThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I have to leave, so I only had time to read chapters 1-4, but I LOVE it so far!! The story is great, and I love the creaitivity you used. :) I'll finish it when I get back, but until then, I'll be wondering what's going to happen next. :)

Niyaroo This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
You wrote this by yourself?

I had some plot input from my siblings, but the writing part and the idea is mine, yeah:)

Oct. 14, 2014 at 9:08 am
Wow. I read some of it, and it was impressive. You should make more books :)

Oct. 14, 2014 at 9:09 am
Working on a few:) outlaws and magic mirrors and superheroes (oh my!) 

Itsme24 said...
May 16, 2014 at 10:17 am
The way you've written is wonderful...keep writing ;)

Author This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 9, 2014 at 1:47 am
The story based on which the book was developed is perfect; interesting imagination. Everything fits in well, except for only one thing: the description of the features and characters was reduced. The first chapter or the second chapter could have been completely reserved for the description of the places and people, and the past events. Apart from this, I enjoyed reading the book, especially arriving at the conclusive part! All the best!

BeatnikLover said...
May 7, 2014 at 11:47 am
I was a little pressed for time and could only read the first chapter today. Sorry. But, so far it is very good. You have an incredible imagination. My only criticicism is that you seemed to have jumped into the story a little too quickly. There was a lot of information thrown out right in the first few paragraphs. With fantasy it is very important to build up the world and characters since they can't be more easily assumed, like in a realistically fictional story. Other than that, you have ... (more »)

WOWriting replied...
I agree, I feel like the story is a bit rushed and everything happens too quickly, u get into the action a bit too soon and u understand everything straight away. sorry to ruin it for beatnik lover, but later on daran breaks curse way too easily. I think if u'd extended that bit and made the reader have to discover the curses around finn and lyss, then it might have encouraged the reader to read on and made it more hooking. Another thing is that wouldn't, at first, the reb... (more »)

Thanks, and I'll take any constructive criticism:) Although I probably should have said straight out that since Daran's the one who cast those curse, lifting them needs like no effort at all. He was just forbidden to before. Thanks again, for your comments though:)