Fantasize to Earth | Teen Ink

Fantasize to Earth

December 10, 2013
By Jazzy0311, Cupertino, California
More by this author
Jazzy0311, Cupertino, California
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Chapter 1

“How long are you going to stay in there?!” Sophie yelled. “It’s already noon!”
“Just a second. Come in first if you want.” I screamed back.
Quickly after I said that the door burst open and in came Sophie, my older sister. When Sophie walked in she saw my hand glowing and gasped.
“What the heck are you doing?!: Why are you using magic in your room! You’re gonna destroy the whole house!” Sophie panicked. She knew something I didn’t. Usually she is also the smarter kid of the family.
I scoffed “Don’t worry it’s only a little bit,” I was tossing the sphere from hand to hand. “and besides how can this little ball of light hurt anything?” As I said this the sphere slipped from my hands and light shone from the house. The house burst.
Sophie gave me that ‘you were saying?’ look.
“Rachel! Sophie!” My sister and I could hear our mom stomping up the stairs, sounding like fire was shooting out of her head.
“Busted………..” I said dusting myself off. My mom stormed into the room.
“Who is responsible this time……” She stared at Sophie then at me. She noticed the scorch marks the light sphere made on my hands and stared intensely at me. She tilt her head toward the door letting me know I was wanted outside. I slowly slumped out of the remains of the room. When I stepped out my mom spoke. “What were you thinking?! You blew up the whole house!”
“S-sorry! I didn’t mean to. I was just practicing……..” I lowered my head avoiding eye contact.
“Practicing for what exactly?” My mom sighed. My mom obviously went through this way too many times, so no mercy is implied.
“An exam tomorrow. We don’t know what’s going to happen during this exam. So I was practicing so I'll be prepared for anything” I still didn’t look up. I hated when it was all my fault and Sophie didn’t help me cover up. Well she used to, but only when we were little. She said that I should face mom by myself since I was, so she called it, ‘old enough’.
“Well you could of at least practiced outside.” My mom sighed again.
“I understand.” I knew this has happened a few times already and it was a bit late to say sorry again. The other thing was I knew fixing the house wouldn’t be a problem at all.
My mom lifted her hands and closer her amber colored eyes. Wind started to pick up around her making her curly brown hair float around her. Soon after that she chanted the words, “Fixeter transis.” Before you knew it the house was back to it’s normal state. I slumped back into my room where I found a seared book with the words “magic textbook” on it. I picked it up and it rained down onto the floor like sand. I stood up and layed on my bed and thought. There wasn’t anything I could study with now. I had only one option left. I would have to ask someone for a textbook. Unfortunately that meant my sister.
I approached her door cautiously and knocked.
“Who is it?” Sophie said in an annoyed voice.. “Is it Rachel?”
“Yup it’s me. Could you open the door?” When she opened the door I didn’t dare look into her eyes.
“What do you want?” Sophie pushed her light brown hair behind her ear as she stood in front of the door blocking the inside of her room so I couldn’t see the endless stacks of spell books I knew she had. There were so many books it looked like it was all about to topple over.
“I was wondering if you’d happen to have a 9th grade spellbook?” I asked sounding like I was facing a monster for one of it’s horns. “I accidently burned mine to ashes…….”
“As expected of the magnificent Rachel, who thinks she’s the coolest in the world and better than anyone else.” Sophie said rambling insults. “Before you borrow my old textbooks you have to say “I’m a butthead.”
“No way am I saying that!”
“So what you’re saying is that you don’t want the textbook huh?” Sophie raised her eyebrows and crossed her arms in front of her chest.
“Fine………..I’m a butthead…….”
“And?”
“And you’re the best big sister in the whole entire world.” I rolled my eyes. Whenever I wanted something from Sophie she makes me say something stupid like this. As you can see, I tend to show resistance at first. Well what did you expect me to do? Except defeat right then and there? Never going to happen, but obviously always happens.
“Aww, you’re too kind.” Sophie laughed and patted my head. I groaned.
“May I just have the stupid textbook now?” I have to admit I was a bit irritated with Sophie but didn’t say anything just for the sake of not turning into a frog or something crazy like that. I had a magic exam tomorrow and I couldn’t bare to be embarrassed in front of everyone like what happened last semester. I’ve improved quite a lot too. I’m not the same person as before. Last year was a complete disaster. I didn’t even make it to the second section. They said I did way too poorly on the written test. I didn’t even get one question wrong
“Sure. Let me go get it.” Sophie went inside her room and I waited awkwardly outside. “Here you go.” Sophie slams the textbook into my hands. “Study hard. I’m not gonna have a little sister who doesn't pass a stupid exam.”
“I know. I won’t let you down!” I ran into my room and slammed the rock like door and laid down on my bed. Even though Sophie is an annoying sister I still couldn’t let her down. She’s a straight A student with a little sister who hasn’t gotten a 100% since grade school. I’m not sure if she’s too proud about that. The rest of the day all I could do was stare at the textbook and practice in my head. The closer it got to night the more I felt like my eyes couldn’t stay open. Before I knew it I fell asleep.




***********************************************
I rubbed my eyes and moaned. The room was dark and stuffy and I could hear the heater running.
Knock, knock,knock! “Rachel! Open this door right now!”
I groaned and threw off my winter blanket off and shivered.I opened the door slowly and peeked outside where I found my sister with her hands crossed. “Yeah? Is there something wrong?”

Sophie took flung her phone out of her pocket and pointed to the time on the top of the screen.
“Me? I was…...sleeping.”
“Sleeping?! How long?”
“Umm lets see if I slept at six and I woke up around twelve then about six hours?” I said and yawned.
“Whatever, just come downstairs now. Dinner’s on the table.” With that Sophie left.
I stumbled out of room downstairs holding the rails drunkenly walked down the stairs. I grabbed the plate of spaghetti and placed it in the magicwave (basically a microwave). When I take my food out of the magicwave the lights flicker on.
"Who is that? Is that you Rachel?" A voice said.
"Yup.....what are you doing up so late and in my house?....." I said recognizing the voice.
"Oh your sister was studying with me. No big deal. I was just about to leave. Would you mind locking the door for me?" Drake said. Drake was my sister's boyfriend and they did EVERYTHING together. Like study, do homework, projects, see movies, and anything else boyfriend and girlfriends do together.
"Sure. By the way do you know if your little brother is studying for the exam?"
"Yea, he’s been studying all day. Why?”
“Oh, no reason. Just wanted to ask.” I walked him to the door and closed it behind him.

Chapter 2
Exam day stresses everyone out. Everyone you see on campus has their noses in a textbook or studying with something else. Nobody at this school can mess up this exam. The exam has three parts. Part one: the written test. Part two: Magic test. Part three: The battles.
The concept of this test isn’t that complicated. The trickiest part is the battle. The pairings are completely random, which means if you are a first year you could still go against a senior. The level of magic known between the grades is very large, so battling someone older than you could become a problem.
“Ok class, the exam is the next period so make sure you are all prepared.” Ms. Randon said as the whole class burst into conversations. Obviously everyone was super nervous.
“So did you study?” I heard someone say to the person next to me.
“Nope. I’m hoping I can wing it again this time.” She said back. I looked over to see who was talking. It turned out to be Sandy. Well after finding out it was her. It didn’t really surprise me that she didn't’ study.
“I don’t think that’s gonna work again. You just got super lucky last year to go up against a freshman.”
“I know, but I’ll be lucky again just you watch.” They both walked up chattering about something.
“Hey Rachel.” My friend Jessie said. Jessie tapped my shoulder and I turned around.
“Hi. What’s up?” I replied. Jessie must have been my best friend for as long as I can remember. Probably since like the 3rd grade. She was pretty smart so school was super easy for her. Well I guess if she didn’t do well in school I think they would take her to the doctors. Why you ask? It’s because the magic Jessie uses allows her to remember anything she wants to. Permanently etched in her brain forever. So like a memory make?
“Oh nothing much. Hey did you hear that Rain improved a lot this year. They say that he might be the strongest person in our class.” Jessie started to play with her hair. Now to introduce Rain. My competition in school.
“Sure, I’ve heard plenty about him.” Trying to keep my cool I squeezed my pencil. I seriously hated that guy’s guts. He would be ranked one spot higher than me every year. So ok, maybe he wasn’t the best wizard but he was better than me.
“Well aren’t you gonna like show off your skills now? You don’t wanna fall in last again.” Jessie warned. A orb glowed in her hand and it showed me during the exams last year. I was writing down something and I was writing the wrong answer!
“Don’t worry. I studied well this time around. Everything will go as planned.” Ok, to tell you the truth. I seriously wasn’t as sure as I sounded. Nothing got me more nervous than this exam.
“I sure hope so. Last time you blew up the whole classroom.” Jessie started to laugh. Bringing back my embarrassing memories seemed to be something Jessie loved to do. It was pretty annoying.
“Ok that wasn’t that funny. I got in serious trouble last time.” I rolled my eyes. “Besides I actually studied for a long time yesterday.”
"Ok I have faith in you. Just letting you know though. I heard Rain got really good." Jessie scratched her head*
"I am aware of that but I've gotten better also, so no need to worry." I packed up my bag and made my way out of the classroom.
I was walking and talking to Jessie about everything I heard about the test. Of course she made me feel bad because for every word I said about what I knew about the exam she said ten times more.
"I heard its super hard this year. WIthout the battle it takes 3 hours to take the exam. Then 3 more hours for the battle. So that's why they are making us stay 4 hours after school." Jessie pointed out. Unfortunately we had to stay at school late whenever the exam came along. You could say everyone, including parents, got used to this.
"Yeah I heard. I told Sophie I was going to be late for dinner." I nodded. We continued to walk to our next class. Well technically that's just the gym. Which is where the exam will take place.
We walk in and there are thousands of students sitting in the bleachers with their magpads (ipads) out. Jessie and I took a seat next to Rain.I glanced over at him and he gave me a smirk. I glare at him back.
“Hey Rachel. Ready to fail again?”
I whispered back to him. “Well for your information I’m not gonna fail this year. There’s no way you can beat me now.”
“Heh, sure whatever.” Rain went back to typing on his magpad. He started to type something super fast. Like last minute studying. Ok, maybe not, but you know I can always hope.
“Can you even believe that guy? Such a jerk.” I turned to my right to talk to Jessie. We all started to get quiet as the instructor walked onstage. He was wearing an orange vest and was mostly bald.
“Welcome students! We are pleased to be able to talk to you all like this. We all wish you the best of luck.Now we will explain the process of this year’s exam.” He cleared his throat and shuffled some papers. “Ok, this year we will not have the single magic test. We will have the written test then we will go straight to the battles.”
I could hear a bunch of gasps in the audience. Then someone raised their hand. “But we’ve always have had a single magic test.”
“Well this year we are changing it a little bit. It will be easier for you students also.” He said. He looked down at the papers in his hands.
Jesse leaned over and whispered. “Well looks like you’re in luck this year Rach.” She’s totally underestimating me. I may not have done well last year, like not good at all, but this year I’m going to do better.
“Are you saying I don’t have enough magic skills? I will have you know the magic test was the part I’ve been studying for!” I whispered loudly enough for Rain to hear me.
“Well looks like someone is busted this year too.” Rain teased. He pushed back his brown hair and chuckled.
“Hey, I’m not completely unprepared either. I have a secret weapon for the battle.”
“Good luck with that.” Rain was getting on my last nerve and I would show him that I was better than him this year.
***********************************************************************


This test is so hard…….. maybe I should’ve studied more. Oh well. I stared at the pages and sighed. Four pages left. This is gonna take a while. I let out a quiet groan which Jessie noticed. She smiled at me and went back to doing her own test.
After another hour everyone started to turn in their paper and I saw thousands of lights going to the middle of the room. I decided to turn in my papers as well. I focused the energy to the middle of the room and the paper flew to the instructor who was urgently collecting papers.
“Ok everyone! I have everyone’s papers now so lets start the battle section of the exam.” He took a look at the names on his clipboard. “First pair is Ullina and Crystal!”
The battles were intense and I could learn a lot of things from them. Nobody could blink without missing something epic. Lights and magic flashed here and there.Battle after battle I wasn’t called. Even Jessie was called. She was up against a freshman so she had an easy time. Finally it came , it was my turn. How do I know? Because Rain and I were the only ones who didn’t go yet.
“Last battle of the day! Rain and Rachel!” The instructor announced.
“Looks like we’re up Rach.” Rain said and made his way to the middle of the staircases.
“Don’t call me Rach!” I followed him. We were teleported into the center of the gym where there was a battle field set up for us. I’m completely at the advantage in this battle. Rain was, as his name states, a water wizard and I was a light wizard. Ok maybe neither of us really have the advantage but this was my time to show that I was better than Rain by a long shot.
“Wizards take your mark!” The instructor pressed a button which made an eerie sound.
“Here I come!” I charged at Rain lighting up my hand.
“Ok. Watch this.” He easily blocked with water dragon.
I was pushed back and I wasn’t about to give up. “Ok Rain let’s finish this nice and quick.” I was about to unleash my secret weapon.
“Let’s do it.” Rain started to charge his energy into a whirlpool. I changed my hand color to a bright yellow and shot a huge beam of light at his face.
Rain scoffed and shot his whirlpool at the beam. When these two collided something happened that was definitely not supposed to happen. Everything started to glow and everything went blank.

Chapter 3
I woke up and found myself on the curve of a sidewalk. The sky was pink and orange.
“Where am I?” I mumbled.
“You’re finally awake? About time.” A familiar voice said.
“R-rain?” I rubbed my eyes and yawned. “Where are we? Is the test over?”
“Nope. The test shouldn’t be over yet and one thing’s for sure we aren’t in Paforda anymore.” Rain scratched his head and took a look around.
I sat up and sighed. “Ok, you can stop joking now. Just take us back.”
“Can’t. I don’t know how.” Rain shrugged.
“Uh-huh nice joke Rain. Seriously now.” I stood up slapped him in the shoulder.
“I’m not joking Rachel. I have no clue where we are right now.” Rain said as he dusted off his shoulders. He started to stand up.
I took a look around. "You aren't lying are you........"
Rain shook his head. "Nope. I think when our 'secret weapons' collided it opened a portal to another world."
"Do you know where we are? This place doesn't look the slightest bit familiar."
"I'm guessing somewhere without any magic at all. I don't sense any magic from the people who live here either." Rain said observing a plant by a river.
"We should take a look around, see what we can find out." I took a step toward the top of the hill that we were standing on.
"Sure, but I've already done that. The buildings look fairly similar to the ones back in Fantasize." Rain said nodding. "There are some very odd creatures here though. None of them like the ones at home.The people are exactly like us though."
"Do they have schools? If they do I think the smart thing to do is to go the and find out as much as we can about this place and try our best to fit in." I pointed out.
"You seriously missed out on a lot I did all this already."
"All what?" I asked completely clueless.
"I enrolled us to Jakler High School. We starts school tomorrow." Rain started to walk up the hill and onto the sidewalk.
"Ok smarty pants. Well where are we staying?" I knew he wouldn't have had time to get two apartments yet.
"Done. We are sleeping in a dorm near school. Of course two separate ones though." He smiled. "Unless you wanna live together."
"Heck no!" I ran up the hill to join him and we slowly walked to the dorms.
We opened our dorm doors and parted there.
This is actually pretty decent.......I hope I can keep it this way for a while.then a that hit me. How are wearing for these dorms?! I quickly called Rain.
"Yes? What do you need now?" Rain said over the phone.
"So how are you paying for these dorms Rain? You have a brilliant plan for that?" I questioned.
"We're just going to have to get part time jobs." Rain said and yawned.
*********************************************************************************
Sun shines onto my face and I wince.
“Morning already?” I sit up and look around. I put on and a jacket and get ready to head out. Before I head downstairs to the lobby I decided to check on Rain.
I knock and sigh. “Rain you ready? School starts in about an hour. We have to walk so you better get up.”

“Yeah. I know. I’ll be right out. I just have to get something ready.” Rain called back.
I wait for another good twenty minutes. I finally hear a lock open and Rain steps out. He isn’t wearing what he usually does. Normal Rain would probably wear a blue cloak and a blue shoes that seem way too big for his feet. Now he just wearing a gray sweatshirt, jeans, and a pair of converse. Something simple enough. The gray looks good with his black hair so I guess it’s fine.
“Ok, let’s go before it gets too late.” Rain threw on his hood and headed downstairs.
I quietly followed him and we walked to school. When we got there I scoffed.
“This is a school? It’s tiny! It’s nothing but a little building.”
“Don’t say that. That’s rude. Think about it is as….,” Rain stops to think of something to say. “Um, just not as big as ours?”
I laugh “That’s just another way to say it, Rain. So what do we do here at this school?”
“Learn, duh. What else.”
We reach the stairs and start to make our way to the door of the school. Rain opens the door and allows me to walk in first. As I walk in I see thousands of high school students walking around carrying backpack.
I whisper to Rain. “Hey, I think we are supposed to have those?” I point to a backpack.
“A hiking bag? I believe we do but why do they all have them at school? Odd.” Rain observes.
“There! Nobody is using those let’s borrow them.” I say as I pick up two heavy backpacks and hands one to Rain.

“Good. Now we need to get to class.” Rain takes a good look around.
“Which is………”
“I clearly don’t have all the answers! So you can try to help figure things out too Rachel.” Rain swings on the backpack looks at a boy around our age. “Well my best guess would be to follow him.”
“Or….. we could just ask the office to see what class we are in.” I walk toward the office.
“Yeah, or that.” Rain quickly follows me into the office.
I walk inside and I find someone sitting at the desk.
“Hello. I’m Rachel. We are new to the school and were wondering which class we should attend to first.” I said nervously.
“Oh yes. I heard we were getting two new students. Siblings?” The secretary asks.
“Siblings? I’m afraid we are not s-” Rain cut me off.
Rain leans in to tell me something. “We have to pretend we’re siblings because if we’re not we aren’t allowed to sign in together. We’ll be separate and that will be a little hard to work with if we wanna stick together.”
“Is something wrong?” The secretary asks.
“Um, no there isn’t. Yeah we are sibling and we aren’t allowed to be separated during the classes.” I pointed out just to make sure she knew.
“I’m very sorry but classes here don’t work like that. In fact they are completely the opposite of what you have just said. Siblings aren’t supposed to be in classes together no matter if they are twins or not.” The secretary said and she wipes her glasses.
I glare at Rain. He shrugs and starts to speak. “Miss we understand but will we have similar classes? Any classes we could be together in?”
The secretary nods. “Actually yes. Physical education or special electives can be together but rarely regular classes. You will find out which classes you are in though so don’t worry about it.”
After saying this she hands Rain and I both a sheet of paper stating what classes we each have. Unfortunately they aren’t even close to being the same.
“What! We have to get up at seven everyday? What kind of school is this!” I start to stare at my schedule in disbelief.
Rain covers my mouth and drags me outside of the office.
“Why are you dragging me! I can walk fine by myself.” I yell.
“Shush! Don’t bring too much attention to yourself and if you kept talking in the office you would’ve been kicked out anyways. So I saved you.”
“I didn’t ask for your help by the way. Anyways I have science first so I’ll see you around.” I start to walk off in a different direction than Rain

`



Chapter 4
I walk into class with 34 pairs of eyes staring at me as I slide close the door.
“Ah, there she is. Please come here to introduce yourself to everyone.” The teacher says waving for me to come the front.
“Ok, sure.” I make my way up to the front . “Hi, I’m Rachel. Nice to meet you.”
The teacher bends over. “What’s your last name dear.”
“Last name? Oh, um, it’s,” I look around the room looking for something to call myself by. Oh you’re probably wondering why. Well in Fantasize nobody uses last names. We all have different names so there’s nothing to worry about. Last names are more for humans I guess because for us we can be named as anything. Like take Rain for example. I also have a friend named Rock. Nothing wrong with that. Well there are some with names that are normal for humans such as mine and Jessie. In Fantasize having names like mine aren’t that great. They call us norms. Nothing special behind our names. “It’s Light.” Man that sounded weird and the reason is because I have a classmate named Light.
“Ok everyone meet Rachel Light. She will be a new student at Jakler High.” The teacher has me take a seat and writes her name on the board. It read: Ms. Franklin.
That’s odd her last name is like the halloween monster that all the kids back at home believed in. Weirder than any other name then I suppose.
“Ok class, we are gonna start an experiment so please grab a partner.” Ms. Franklin began to talk about the project and it sounded a lot like what our grandparents would do for fun. Like mixing chemicals or like making little creature out of twigs. That sort of stuff, but this was ten times easier. All she was asking us to do was to watch what happens to the color dye water when it was placed in cold water. Didn’t seem too evil to me. Now to find a partner.
I search the room and it had seemed like everyone had someone to do the little experiment with. I sighed. So being a new student here isn’t much different than at home.
Someone tapped my shoulder. I whipped my head around and it was someone who looked oddly familiar. I stared at her longer.
“How long are you going to stare?” She said and pushed her hair behind her ear. It was Jessie!
“Jessie! What are you doing here?” I said completely excited that she was here.
“Jessie? Who in the world are you talking about? I’m Patricia and I believe I’m in school like a normal 16 year old?” Patricia said. Patricia had a confused look on her face. The kind of face that says ‘awkward...what the heck are you talking?’.
“Oh, I’m sorry. You just reminded me of someone I know.” I said as my cheeks started to turn red. That must have been the most embarrassing thing I’ve said in forever.
“Well I guess nobody else looks cool enough to be my partner so you’re it.” Patricia took a seat next to me and picked at her nails. Even though she said I looked cool you could tell she didn’t really care about me or whoever is in this class.
“Excuse me, but is that how everyone picks their partners here? Like whoever looks cool?” I was confused by the whole situation. Nobody picked partners in Fantasize this way. It was always smarties who got picked.
“No. Just me. Besides your name is really nice so yeah. Let’s just start.”
Patricia and I worked on the project until class was over. I actually had a lot in common with her. She loved to hangout with her friends and go shopping. Patricia was overall pretty cool. She seemed popular around here too. Which I find very odd. Back at home all the cool kids were the people who were super smart and got straight A’s. Everyone else was just any other kid at school. A nobody. Sadly I wasn’t one of those smart kids and was the kid who only liked dressing up or painting my nails. Everyone here seems like they enjoy that sort of stuff. Parties, shopping, and hanging out. That was what the popular kids were like. Unlike me Rain was a complete book worm. Most of the time. I guess he isn’t the smartest either. He plays with his buddies and studies. So he was in between the two categories.
I met up with Rain during lunch. Not that I wanted to.
“So, how was class?” Rain took a bite out of his sandwich.
“Good. Guess what? The popular kids are the dumber ones here!” I told him. Ok, clearly that sounded a lot better in my head….
“Your point is?” Rain sounded like I was I complete idiot for saying that.
“Well Patricia says that smarter kids aren’t included in parties and…….” I started to ramble on how everything was better for me here rather in Fantasize.
“Wait. Patricia? Who’s that?” Rain said. Of course he has to play the over protective brother who asks who all my friends are.
“Oh. She’s that girl over there.” I pointed to a table with all the cheerleaders and jocks.
“That’s just a table of outcasts Rachel. Don’t hang with them.” Rain rolled his eyes. Rain went back to eating his food.
“Exactly! See my point? Those are the populars not the outcasts.”
“No way.”
“Yes way.” I nodded eagerly. I had to convince him. Although I knew it was pointless, since he’s as stubborn as a bull.
“Fine whatever.” Rain and I finished our lunches and headed to class.
******************************************************************************
After a whole day of school we went home. When we got home I decided we should eat at Rain’s place.
“So learn anything about these people?” Rain said looking for his keys.
“Yup. That the smarties aren’t so special here.” I said clapping my hands like a little kid who is getting a cake placed in front of them.
“Anything else?” He said.
“Well yeah. For science they do what grandparents do on their free time. Old experiments that we don’t need to know.” We walk in and I turn on the light.
“Time to make dinner. I haven’t used magic in forever.” Rain levitates a pot over the stove and drops it. “Would you start the fire for me?” Rain started to grab stuff from the fridge with just the wave of his hands.
“Sure.” I sit down on the couch and focus energy on the fireplace and soon it burst to flames.
“Not that fire stupid the fire on the stove.” Rain yells.
“Oh. I knew that.” I got up and turned on the stoved. I started to chop vegetables over the stoves dropping them slowly.
After an hour of cooking we finally made a decent meal.
“Dinner time!” I rush to sit down and Rain sets the table.
“We should learn how to get home soon. I found out something that might motivate us to do it faster.” Rain took a sip of his soup.
“And what might that be?” I said thinking it wasn’t a big deal.
“This world has no magic whatsoever. Everything that looks like magic are all tricks to the mind.” Rain sighed.
“How is that a problem to us? We’ll just be special right?”
“That isn’t how it works. If they see any magic we will be experimented on!” Rain stood up.
“So what? We can escape can’t we?” I calmly said.
“No we can not. Besides what’s going to happen to a world which usually doesn’t have magic in it at all and gets two beings that hold more magic than this world can? What will happen to this world and us?” Rain stared.
“I didn’t really think about that.” I started to actually think about it. I put my plate in the sink. “Anyways I know we have to get back.let’s just not worry about it right now. I’m going to sleep. See you tomorrow.” I walk into the hallway and into my own dorm.
*****************************************************************************
I woke up the next morning feeling stronger than normal.
“I feel alive today!” I stretched my arms and yawned. I put some toast into the toaster and took the butter out of the fridge. Quickly I ran a brush through my brown hair. I brushed my teeth and went to the toaster to take out the bread and started to spread some butter on top of it. I decided to go to school before Rain so I could find something out before he did for a change. Unfortunately I didn’t have to go all the way to school to find information.

Chapter 5
“This is NOT normal!” I ran down the hall to Rain’s room and knocked as hard as I can. “Rain! Rain! Hurry outside. Something is definitely not right!”
“What? Could it be that your hair isn’t perfect?” Rain teased.
“Something far worse! Is color supposed to be coming off walls like paint?!”
“What the heck are you talking about. Is this just a way to get me to school faster?” Rain took a peek outside. He stared at everything speechless and looked straight at me. “What did you do!”
“Me? Why do you think this is my doing?” I yelled back.
“Because, your sister says you blew up your house like ten times!” Rain was looking around frantically waiting for me to answer.
“Ok, there’s that but what else?”
“Well let’s see, you set a swimming pool on fire before, drowned the school in water, and teleported us to another world?!” Rain pointed out some good points.
“All of those are true but that last one. I wasn’t the only one who opened a portal. You had something to do with that too!” I replied.”Back to the point, I didn’t do this! I don’t think I know enough magic to do all this because have you taken a look outside yet?” I pointed outside where color was disappearing off trees, roads, buildings, and even the sky.
“You make a fair point. We have to get to school right away. I think there are some answers there.” Rain put on a jacket and ran downstairs.
We ran down the street watching things loose color slowly. The scariest part was that it wasn’t just things it was people.We saw students loosing color faster than the objects were.

“I’ll go to the library to find out what I can and you go tell the secretary we’ll be on a family trip. I need you to help me afterwards ok?” Rain ran into the library and I headed to the office.
I cautiously touched the doorknob and calmly walked in.
“H-hi. It’s Rachel again I wanted to tell you that Rain and I won’t be at school from today on for a while.” I said feeling very weird talking to someone who was completely white. Not white being racist but like literally white.
“What is the reason for this?” The secretary said not looking up.
“Um, my brother and I have a family outing we must attend to.” I said.
“Very well. Have fun.” I walk out of the room and closed the door.
While walking I bumped into Patricia and her so called ‘gang’.
“Hey Rach. Where are you going? Science starts in five.” Patricia friends waited eagerly to find out what I was up to.
“Um, I’m going to have to skip classes for a while. Rain and I have a family emergency to be at.” I tried to get by.
“Oh that’s a shame. I won’t have anyone to talk to during science. Well you go and do whatever you said you were gonna do. I’ll just find someone new.” Patricia waved me off and just like that disappeared with her friends. After they left I felt a gust of magic flow into me.
“They do have magic…………..and they’re disappearing!” I sprinted to the library and found Rain. “Rain! You were wrong. People here do have some sort of energy. The color and people are disappearing. I think the energy is going into us!” I panicked. I didn’t want anyone to disappear because of us.
Rain nods. “I noticed. I also found a way to get home. It’s actually pretty simple. All we have to do is use the powers we did to open the portal in the first place and wah-la. We’re back home.”
“People are going to notice a bright light and a gush of water Rain. They aren’t stupid.’” I said.
“But with all this extra energy we could cast a spell for them to forget we were ever here.” Rain said playing with water.
“What about the people who are already this ‘energy’. What will happen to them?” I looked at my hand imagining Patricia and her ‘gang’ as energy.
“Well then we could just cast a spell that returns them. Simple.” Rain tossed the water at my face. “Ready?”
“Fine. I just hope we’re not in trouble or anything like that.” I said creating light.
“We won’t. We’ll be home before we know it.” Rain said murmuring spells to himself.
Creating a larger beam than the first time I waited for Rain to attack first. Rain quickly recharged and blast me with a whirlpool. I shot right back at him with a beam of light just like the first time. Everything went blank and when I opened my eyes we were back in the gym.
“And it looks like both of them survived the blow!” I hear the announcer say. Rain smiles at me and puts up a thumbs up. I smile back.
We both continue our fight. Sooner or later the instructor stopped the fight. He said it was taking way too long. We were evenly matched and he couldn’t do anything to finish the battle in time.
I went home wondering if Earth would still be ok. I searched up ‘Video Camera of Earth’ on my magpad and watched everyone return to normal. Nobody remembered me or Rain. It was like we were never there.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.