The Lies Neverland Told | Teen Ink

The Lies Neverland Told

November 27, 2013
By Dylan Smith Smith BRONZE, New City, New York
More by this author
Dylan Smith Smith BRONZE, New City, New York
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note: This story is more so based on the Disney representation of Peter Pan. I just kept thinking what if, what if. It's here for the reader's pleasure.

As Oliver looked down at his former Captain, many things crossed his mind. Pan had been like his brother. Abandoning the ship was forgivable. Oliver and the rest of the boys needed to learn how to be adults in a land where they would never age. That’s always what Oliver had chalked Pan’s frequent outings to be. What Oliver couldn’t let go was that Pan had betrayed him and the rest of the boys. It was Pan’s fault that some of the boys would never see or feel that false adulthood. Most of them didn’t even get a proper burial, they were all children. They all had a name, but here most of them were lying nameless at the bottom of the sea. The more Oliver thought about it, his eyes started to burn from the fairy light they were emitting. As much as he hated to admit it, he loved the power flowing through his veins. He looked down one more time at his former captain. Oliver raised his right cutlass.

“Oliver. Ollie! Please! You can’t do this to me, you don’t understand how heartbroken I am. I’ve lost them all. I’ve made a mistake, please forgive me. On the inside I’m hurting just as much as you are,” Pan said scrambling backwards on all fours.

“Oh!? Things are hard for you, if you knew 1/10th of how I feel you’d shut your mouth and stick to begging for your life,” Oliver growled. His eyes burning so brightly he could see it shining out from his eye sockets like a flashlight.

“You don’t have it in you to kill me. I made you and I can destroy you,” Pan said smiling wickedly. Pan rose quickly and he slashed at Oliver with his thin Rapier, Oliver intercepted it with his left cutlass. The blades hitting each other made a loud “clanking” noise.

“You won’t make it out of here alive, Pan,” Oliver said before stabbing Pan in the chest with his right cutlass. Blood poured from the wound and seeped out of his former captain’s mouth.

“I should have chosen you,” Pan said falling back to the ground. Though not dead, Pan was incapacitated. When the blade was removed from the Captain’s body, Oliver could practically hear the cells starting to repair themselves. This injury would have taken a human’s life, but here Pan was...still alive. Another horrible example of what Fairy blood does to the human body.


“You know, child, this was a great effort and all; but your little friends might never find their families,” said the rich, sensual voice of Tinkerbell. Honestly, before this whole mess had started, he thought the fairy was a mute.




“If you fix it,we’ll fall back,” Oliver said gesturing to the friends he’s made on his journey and the surviving members of the ship that were loyal to him. Oliver thought that making a deal would be the easiest way to avoid more bloodshed.

“No. Not yet. First you must do something for me,” she purred. Her aura glowing brighter than the moon over the sea. Her purple skin was not like the other beast he’d seen in the last two weeks. It was soft, human, feminine, but beneath all of the beauty was a vicious killer. It showed in her eyes when she smiled or when she was in the heat of battle. She was force to be reckoned with.


“What is it? Whatever it is, I’ll do it!” Oliver shouted at her. A smile teased the corner of her lips. Oliver shivered, he felt her power. It’s presence was larger and more frightening than anything that he’s ever felt before. He didn’t feel this the last time he saw her, this was something more evil, darker yet something in the power held purity. He used to hear stories of creatures with this kind of power, they were called “gods”.

“Give me your soul and I’ll send them to where they belong,” Tinkerbell said simply. She blinked at the human boy. Little did he know, she was doing him a favor. The fairy blood coursing through his veins would rot his soul away eventually. She knew he was too righteous to become what he’d been fighting against. Even though she took the role as a mute, these boys must have forgotten she could hear everything. See everything.

“What will happen to me if you take it?” he asked.

“You’ll be immortalized. You’ll keep your human body as the fairy blood stays in your system. In great doses, like you took, the blood doesn’t just destroy your body, but your soul as well. It takes every little aspect of who you are from you and turn you into the monsters you’ve been fighting,” The fairy queen said floating around him. She was the only fairy with wings. Even though she’d have no trouble flying without them, it made her different from the rest. It attracted the eye, it gave her the allure of a cobra or a tigress. You were too mesmerized by sight before you, until it kills you.

“You’re saying if I don’t give you my soul, the fairy blood will destroy it along with my body and make me a monster like you?” Oliver asked turning his head to the side slightly.



Tinkerbell hissed at him, her eyes glowing for a second.

” No, child, you will live forever with the blessing of our blood. When the soul is gone, the body becomes immortal. The only thing that will age is your mind.Your body is safe long as you never ingest the blood of my people again.”


“What if I drink more blood?” Oliver asked raising his eyebrow. He needed this clarification.

“I’ll come after you and I will kill you, and I won’t stop coming after you until you’re dead,” the fairy queen growled in her soft and gentle voice.

“What makes you think I want to live forever?” Oliver petitioned.

“If it’s for the life of your friends I know you would stop at nothing to do right for them. It’s incredibly noble and valiant of you,” Tinkerbell remarked.

“I am only doing it for them! I am not trying to become immortal or increase my longevity!” Oliver shouted.

“Of course, my dear”, she said smiling at him. He shivered again, her power crept around him like a cat ready to pounce.

Oliver started to float without even thinking. He wasn’t sure if it was the his power or if it was the Fairy Queen showing off.

“Take my hand,” she said smiling at him sweetly. He nodded and reached out for her.

At first it appeared as if she was sweetly take his hand and sip away at his soul.

“Davy Jones, that sounds so wrong,” Oliver thought to himself.

She was smiling still when tentacle-like appendages grew from her fingers and stabbed themselves into his hand. He cried out as she began to steal his soul, the tentacles pushed further into his hand. Going through his veins all the way to his hearts, he started to feel light-headed and weak. She was stealing his life so slowly that the pain only could be equated to someone rubbing sandpaper on the inside of his veins. He kept his teeth clenched through the pain, but he still dropped to his knees.

“It will feel like you are dying,” the Fairy Queen said licking her lips a little bit.

“Gee, thanks for the warning,” Oliver grimaced, losing breath. He made a note to not speak anymore, it was stealing his energy faster. He was having trouble breathing now, that’s when he started panicking. He started to see his life flash before his eyes. He didn’t see anything before Neverland. Everything was moving like a slideshow, very slowly and he could even pause and open up his favorite memories of living on Neverland. The day he was just looking out into the ocean and wondering how much of it there possibly was...he went back to that day. Everyone had been alive. It was just one of the endless warm, summer days on neverland. The water so clear you could practically see to the bottom.

“You want to live this again? So be it,” Tinkerbell chuckled wickedly. She snapped the fingers on her other hand. Now, Oliver was just standing on his old ship, his soul wasn’t being stolen anymore, he was just looking at the blue waves.

“Ollie?” Joe asked.

“Hmm?” Oliver murmured to his companion.

“Do you have any idea how far down it goes?” Joe said looking down to the sea.


“I think I learned it in school before Peter rescued me, but I don’t remember how deep,” Connor answered. Oliver didn’t look up, he was too mesmerized by the little waves rocking against the side of the ship.

Oliver didn’t really have many memories before Peter rescued him. He knew his name and that he wasn’t even sixteen for a day. Connor was a year and a half younger, and Joe was three years younger.



For his age Oliver was very tall, just a little bit over six foot. He was lean and long, he didn’t have the same kind of brawny muscle as Connor. That’s why Connor was armed with the broadsword and Oliver with twin cutlasses.

Oliver’s eyes were a strange grey-green, the colors didn’t mix together, but there was patches with green and patches with grey. He didn’t like his eyes, he felt like they looked like throw up. His medium-brown hair in a messy flip, some parts of it sticking up and other parts lay flat. His skin was constantly tanned from being in sun all day. There was never winter or fall on Neverland. Only summer and spring, it was a shame though, Oliver remembered he liked the winter. He didn’t remember what he liked about it though.

“Ollie?” Joe asked.

“What?” Oliver said snapping out of his trance.

“Peter has returned, he wants to talk to you and Seth,” Joe said turning him towards the cabin.

“Oh, thank you,” Oliver nodded before going down to talk to the captain.

Oliver opened the door to the cabin and went down the small stairway. Peter lounged in his hammock and Seth was standing with his arms crossed.



“About time,” Seth growled. Oliver made a face at him and rolled his eyes.

“If it isn’t my two favorite lieutenants!” Peter said clasping his hands together, it was the kind of motion that someone did when they sat up, but Peter remained laying down.

“We’re your only lieutenants, sir,” Oliver said smiling a little bit.

“You have a good point,” Peter said waving his hand through the air.

“So, what’s up?” Seth asked. Seth was the same age as Oliver. Being the two oldest boys on the ship made them Peter’s right hand men. When Pan went on his outings, they watched over anyone. The outings were becoming more frequent and increasing longer. Peter equated it to that the boys needed to learn how to be alone. Oliver didn’t question him, he never questioned him, however he couldn’t help feeling like a glorified babysitter.

“I’ve been trailing another ship for the last few days,” Peter said now sitting up to look at the boys.

“WHAT!” Seth exclaimed. Oliver looked at the other boy of the corner of his eyes.

“I didn’t engage them because they seemed to have a fairly large crew, all adult men with a female captain,” Pete said looking from boy to boy. His eyes lingered on Oliver. He saw the gears turning in the boy’s head, he always wondered what was going on deep within the skull of the other boy.

“A female captain..there haven’t been any human females on Neverland since your old companion,” Oliver said meeting his captain’s eyes.

“Wendy,” Peter nodded.

“So, it’s her?” Seth asked.

Peter nodded and turned to look at the shorter boy.” I don’t know how she found her way back here. You need the magic of the fairies and a guide. She’s an adult now...I don’t see how she remembered this from her childhood,” Peter said a little bit unnerved.

“How long ago did you rescue her?” Seth asked. Oliver scoffed at him.

“What?” Seth turned on him

“We have no concept of time here, idiot,” Oliver said rolling his eyes.

“I’m so sick of how much better you think you are than me! You think you run this ship! Why? Because you’re taller than me?” Seth shouted up at Oliver. Oliver smiled, but he was really just baring his teeth.


“No, I’m better than you because I’m not an insufferable imbecile all the time! I’m a better fighter, I’m a better leader, and I know how to live life without my head up my ass!” Oliver shouted back. He saw Seth’s hand touch the short sword he had at his side.

“It doesn’t matter how either of you lead while I’m captain of this ship,” Peter said with emphasis on the last two words.

“You’re never here anymore,” Seth hissed low under his breath. It was like one of those things that you weren’t sure you heard, but you know what they said.

“Excuse me”, Peter snarled. Oliver shivered as he felt Peter’s energy whip around the room like an angry wind. He could practically hear it as though someone was whistling in the room. The whistle got louder and louder as Peter approached Seth.

“Oliver, leave us,” Peter said turning to look at the taller boy. Oliver just nodded and quickly left.


Oliver had never seen Peter get mad like that before. No human possessed a power like that either. Pan was merely a human associated with fairies, maybe more than the ability to fly and good reflexes passed on to the human.

Oliver really didn’t know where Peter went or why he went there, he just knew not to question the captain. Even though he didn’t remember much of what his life was like before Neverland, Oliver just remembered his life being hard. Peter saved him from possible starvation, drug addiction, murder, and countless other things that happen to youths in the other world.


None of that would ever happen here, he was safe here. Oliver sat down close to the cabin door, he just needed a second to remind himself that these kids look up to him. He wasn’t allowed to cry. He can’t a have a break down. He wasn’t even really sure why he was having a breakdown, though. He tried to calm himself down by taking a couple of deep breaths.When he knew he was okay he rose and rounded the corner to go find Joe and Conner.

He walked right into Seth. Seth had a black eye and a bunch of little cuts on his face.

“Oh crap, Seth, what happened?” Oliver asked sincerely.

“Get outta my way,” Seth hissed, but the hiss was low and it sounded like his voice was threatening to crack.


“I’m fine, get out of my way, please?” Seth almost asked. Seth said “please”, Seth has
never shown Oliver any respect since the day they met.

“He did this to you, didn’t he?” Oliver asked moving Seth’s head to the side. His fingers hovering over where Peter must have hit him.

“He was yelling at me, that was it. I got scared and I turned to run, and I bumped into something. That’s all,” Seth said moving Oliver’s hand away from his face.

“Why are you being nice to me?” Seth asked taking a little step backwards.

“Everyone needs a friend sometimes,” Oliver said before turning away and now going to find his companions.


****************************************************


“I’ll be gone for a few hours, I’ll be back before everyone’s asleep,” Peter said to Oliver before he took off swiftly into the air.

“Nothing new,” Oliver muttered to himself.

“Seth!” Oliver shouted.

“What,” Seth said. Normally people respond with a question, there was so little interest and emotion in the other lieutenants voice that it came out as a statement.

“Peter just left, we’re in charge,” Oliver said smiling a little bit.

“Yippee,” Seth said with sarcasm heavy in his voice.

“Why are you like that?” Oliver asked turning his head to the side. Seth seemed to understand what Oliver meant.



“I don’t know, we’re never going to grow up. Time doesn’t pass, but somehow the
sunsets and rises. Everyone has their heads buried so deep in the sand they don’t know what’s going on half the time. You’re too nice, so I have to be mean,” Seth shrugged one shoulder, because god forbid he put effort into anything.

“Thank you,” Seth muttered.

“Why?” Oliver asked.

“You’re going to save me and I’m not going to be able to thank you, so I just want
to get it out of the way now. Don’t tell anyone that I’m actually a person,” Seth said cracking a little smirk before propelling himself into the air.

Oliver watched as the other boy dropped from the sky, landing somewhere away from him on the ship.

Peter was the only one of them that could actually fly, most of the lost boys just had incredibly enhanced agility. Oliver and Seth, since they were older and stronger, they could muster more a near-flight.

Oliver sighed as he was finally let into the world of Seth.

***********************************************

“I’m hungry,” whined one of the younger children.

“I know, buddy, but it isn’t dinner-time yet! Pan will be back probably when we’re supposed to eat, so we’re going to wait just a little bit longer, okay?” Oliver asked kneeling down next to the child.

“But I’m hungry now!” the little boy, Billy, shouted.

“How about a little snack?” Oliver asked raising an eyebrow.

“Fine,” Billy pouted. Oliver went into his pockets and found a little packet with two crackers. It wasn’t much, but it would most likely tie Billy over for a little bit. Billy snatched the crackers out of his hand and scurried off somewhere.

“Oliver, you’re gonna wanna see this,” Joe called from his perch.

“What?” Oliver asked before propelling himself into the air. He felt his bond to gravity give way and return as he landed next to his companion.

They spotted a medium-sized ship sailing directly towards him. He scowled a little bit, this didn’t look like it was going to end well. Peter has taught even the youngest among them to defend themselves, but right now he snapped his fingers for someone to usher the kids down to the cabin.

Oliver had been in battles before, but they were all with the infamous Captain Hook and his crew. The fighting always felt like they were pretending. It did, however, give Oliver and some of the older boys significant skills as combatants.

“Joe, go get the cannons ready just in case,” Oliver said to the boy standing next to him. Joe nodded and scurried below the deck. He was hoping they wouldn’t have to use any excessive deadly force.

If deadly force was used against them, the boys were allowed to use it back. He heard a cannon blast go off, he spun around, eyes searching his ship to see where it was fired from. He gasped with shock and fright when he realized....the other ship had fired first. He could see the black ball of death flying towards the ship.

Without even thinking, Oliver leapt into the air, the power of the fairy dust pushing him much further than the human norm would allow. As the cannon ball got closer to the ship, he surged forward and drew both of his cutlasses at the same time. He cut the cannonball into four pieces, all of which either hit the ship or landed in the sea. Oliver’s cutting the ball up had saved the ship from possible destruction. As the ships got closer together, he had the older boys prepare for battle. Leaving some of them behind in order to keep watch over the younger children.

“Are you ready?” Seth asked stepping forward to stand next to Oliver.

“Are you?” Oliver repeated.


“I guess,” Seth said drawing the short sword at his side. They looked at each other and nodded.

The boys all let out wicked battle cries, they leapt impressively from their ship to the enemy ship, he heard fighting ensue immediately. Oliver didn’t just grab anyone and start fighting with them, when Peter was on the ship, Olive would normally do battle with a second in command or first lieutenant. Pan was nowhere to be seen, which meant that Oliver had his chance to battle a Captain.

A large man with an anchor tattoo on his right arm took a step towards Oliver, he wield a broadsword. The man made a huge overhead swing, trying to bring his sword down on Oliver. Oliver intercepted it with his two swords and kicked the man in the stomach. The man let out a loud grunt and dropped to his knees. As Oliver walked past the man, he brought his knee up into the man’s face, knocking him out cold.

“You’re a little young to be a captain, aren’t you?” asked a soft, female voice.

“I’m not the captain, I’m just in charge at the moment,” Oliver said turning slowly to see a woman leaning against a barrell. She was about five foot four, her hair was light brown and it was in curls down her back. Her eyes were a light brown to dark to call hazel, but they were still lighter than plain old brown eyes. Her skin was actually pale and it actually looked like it was made of porcelain. Her body language wasn’t threatened, she actually looked pleased.

“How does it feel to be a glorified babysitter, Oliver?” she asked stroking her chin.

“You know my name?” he asked taking a step forward.

“Of course, Pan spoke fondly of you. Said ‘You’d be a captain one day’,” Wendy said stepping forward as well.

“Care to see how well I’ve come along?” Oliver said swiping at her quickly with his left cutlass. Wendy sidestepped the attack and spun away from him. When they were facing each other again, Wendy had drawn two long knives.

“I don’t think that I’m the best teacher, but I’ll let Peter know what I think,” with that Wendy somersaulted into the air, she was moving much like one of the lost boys would. She had jumped clear over Oliver and landed perfectly behind him.

Oliver slashed at her. Right, Left, Right, Left, Left, Right. It’s not so much that she could match his blows with her knives, but she could redirect them. She threw a kick at Oliver, he moved out of the way and smacked her foot upwards with such force, it sent the other captain flipping backwards.

An arrow whizzed by his head. He spun around to see an archer firing at Joe who was too swift for him to hit.

“You know, I never thought that I’d find my way back here,” Wendy said from behind Oliver.

“Why come back at all?” Oliver asked.

“I had his baby,” Wendy said. Oliver’s jaw practically dropped.

“What...?” Oliver asked shaking a little bit.

“It wasn’t over after Neverland, Oliver. He came back to see me many times during my teenage years. He was my first love. I never had any way of contacting him, he came when he pleased. I was only seventeen when I found out I was carrying his child,” she informed while circling Oliver as though she was a shark.

“He either wanted me to abort it or I’d raise it without him. I couldn’t give up on the baby, so I kept it. After that, I went to college. I became a nurse, I met someone, we got married and I thought I’d live happily ever after. I didn’t....last year my husband and son got into a car accident, drunk driver. Everyone dies, everyone close to my heart ripped away from me. This is my last hope, I need closure from Peter. I need to know if I ever meant anything to him,” she told now standing still in front of Oliver.

“What happens if he never loved you,” Oliver asked in a hushed whisper.

“I’ll be happy and I’ll be with my family,” she whispered with a little tear running down her cheek.

“I’m sorry,” Oliver sympathized

“OLLIE!” a small voice shouted. Oliver spun around to see Joe cornered by possibly two of the biggest men he’d ever seen. He looked back to Wendy.

“I’m not going to stop you,” Wendy mumbled hugging herself. He nodded at the captain and launched himself in the air. While in the air, Oliver kicked both of the men in the back of the heads, they crumpled to the ground.

“Are you okay”?

“Yeah I should be,” Joe confirmed.

“Oliver, behind you,” Joe warned.

Oliver heard a cry of pain, he turned around to see Peter Pan holding Wendy by the throat. Peter’s eyes were glowing a magnificent shade of purple.

“BEFORE THE NIGHT IS OVER, YOU’LL ALL WALK THE PLANK!” Peter shouted. His voice got monstrously deeper by the end of his sentence, a shiver was sent up Oliver’s spine.

***********************************************************************


“What the hell was that?” Seth asked Oliver once they were back on their own ship.

“I have no idea.”

“And why didn’t you kill the other Captain?” Seth kind of threw the question in there. It sounded weird because he wasn’t being angry or sarcastic, he was actually asking a question.

“Because she isn’t the enemy,” Oliver said with a bad feeling in the pit of his gut.

“Her crew was still attacking ours when the both of you stopped fighting,” Seth pointed out.


“She never called them off, so I don’t see why they wouldn’t stop if they weren’t told to by their captain,” Oliver added.

“I guess you’re right,” Seth admitted eventually.

Do you know where he is keeping her and the rest?” Oliver asked.

“Below the cabin,” Seth answered. With that Oliver went down to where they kept their prisoners. They have a small prison cell which they used when they were merely “playing” pirate, this was the real deal, Peter wanted Wendy and her crew dead. To Oliver’s knowledge Peter has never killed before, maybe the other boys may have had to in self-defense, but they weren’t taught to be killers.

Oliver crept into the holding room. Wendy was in her own cell, she was sitting curled against the far wall.

“Pssst, Wendy. Wendy!” Oliver called quietly.

She turned her head to look in his direction.”Hello, Oliver,” She said barely whispering.

“Are you okay?” Oliver asked.

“No,” she answered.

“What did he do to you?” Oliver asked.

“We talked about before. When I was just a teenager. I asked him if he was in love with me and he told me he was in love with the fact I was easy,” Wendy said with absolutely no emotion in her voice.

“Wendy, I’m so sorry,” Oliver said walking closer to the cell door.

“It isn’t your fault, dear,” she forced a smile.

“I can get you out of here,” Oliver whispered.

“I know you can, but what will happen to you? I have no ship anymore, where will I go? I want to die, Oliver. I want to die more than anything, I was given my closure. He never loved me, he would have never loved that child,” she said her eyes become shiny with tears.

“If you give up after searching endlessly for him...what else is there for you to do?” Oliver asked turning his head to the side like he was trying to hear the answer.

“Die. That’s what’s left for me to do,” Wendy said looking right into the boy’s eyes.

“What. The. Hell. Is. This?” a booming voice interjected. Oliver closed his eyes and slowly turned around. Peter stood a good ten or so feet behind him.

“Checking our captives condition, sir,” Oliver answered without even thinking of the answer.

“I have hearing far better than that of a normal human, Oliver. Don’t play games with me. I don’t think you’re right for the position as Captain of this ship, It goes to Seth. I’m not warning you again, if you mess this up you’re gone,” Peter said with hatred and venom in his voice.

“You think that affects me? I don’t give a damn if I’m the captain of your little pirate ship of lost and wayward boys. I care that you are about to put an innocent woman to death! All because you can’t tell her how you really feel. You have a heart, Peter, I know you do. Stop acting like you don’t and stop neglecting us!” Oliver shouted taking a step towards his captain.

“You know, I was going to give Seth the ship along. I was just letting you get your hopes up. She isn’t innocent, she’s a whore, it couldn’t get any simpler than that. I leave her for what feels like two weeks and all of a sudden she is married to another man. How am I to react to that?” Peter holding his hands palm facing Oliver.

“Peter that’s a load of crap because SEVEN YEARS had gone by. You left me knowing I was pregnant and you knew that if you still really wanted me, you could have made me your wife. I was hoping this was all an act, but I know you’re a liar. This whole thing is a lie,” Wendy said gesturing to the whole ship.

“When I feed you to the sharks, it won’t be a lie,” Peter growled with spite and anger

“You think I’m afraid of death, Peter? I’m not. I want it more than anything, besides, I haven’t been living since you kicked me out of here,” Wendy said standing up now.

“What...I thought you left because you wanted to?” Oliver intervened.


“No, he kicked me and my brother off the island because we weren’t cut out for the life of the lost boys. Playing pirate must be so freaking hard, Peter,” Wendy said walking closer to the cell door.

“Don’t test me,” Peter said taking a step towards the door as well. Peter’s eyes became that same purple color again.

“Stop it,” Oliver said stepping in front of Peter. Peter’s hand shot out and grabbed Oliver by the throat. Peter lifted Oliver off the ground with one hand, the taller boy’s toes dangling a fraction of an inch above the floor.

“You’re....choking.....me,” Oliver managed to mutter out. Pan didn’t loosen his grip.

“You don’t get to question me,” Pan said before throwing Oliver onto the ground.

“You’ve become a monster,” Oliver said in horror. Peter screamed and kicked Oliver in the ribs as hard as he could. Oliver was sent flying through the air, he made hard impact against Wendy’s cell door.

Oliver knows that once some fairy dust has been sprinkled upon you, you gain enhanced strength, but what Peter just did....he’s never seen before. Peter left in a huff after he kicked Oliver, taking off at incredible speeds the second he reached the deck.

“Are you okay”? Wendy asked patting Oliver’s shoulder through the bars of the cell door.

“Yeah, it’ll heal. I don’t think anything is broken,” Oliver answered patting her hand.

“Oliver,” Seth said standing at the bottom of the stairs.

“It’s time,” he said gesturing to Wendy and her crew.

Oliver squeezed the woman’s hand, but didn’t say a word.

Wendy and the Archer all that was left. The rest of the crew had been forced off of the ship.

“Seth, we don’t have to do it like this,” Oliver hissed at the other boy.

“But we do. He said so, so shall it be,” Seth said turning to look at the taller boy.

“Peter told me that you were both scheming behind my back. He was going to make you the captain all along,” Oliver said closing his eyes.

“I was going along with it too until he hit me, after that I had no desire to run this ship,” Seth said looking down at the ground.

“Then we can stop this,” Oliver said opening his eyes. He looked over to the three boys that were standing around Wendy. Her hands bound behind her back and her eyes blindfolded.

“I can’t let you,” Seth said stepping in front of Oliver.

“I don’t want to have to fight you,” Oliver growled low under his breath.

“I don’t want to fight you either, Ollie. He’ll have my head if I don’t do anything and frankly, I fear him a lot more than I fear you,” Seth said putting his hand on his sword.

“So be it,” Oliver said drawing his twin blades. Before they could even start fighting, one of the younger boys screamed at the top of his lungs.

“What?!” both lieutenants shouted at the same time.

“A flying monster!” the boy cried.

“What the hell is that?” Oliver said under his breath.

“It’s a fairy,” said a voice from above them. Oliver looked up to see Pan floating above them. He was smiling wickedly and his eyes were gleaming that same purple color as before.

“It’s coming to kill all of you,” Peter said still smiling.

“And are you going to help us?” Seth asked.

“Who do you think sent it?” Peter said before taking off into the air. Literally seconds after he took off the fairy whizzed by.

From this moment on, Oliver would never refer to Pan as Peter. Using the wretched bastards first name invoked too much pain and hatred. Pan, that’s all he’d be now. Oliver acted as if he never knew the other boy’s first name. But, before Oliver could get too upset, the hulking fairy was getting closer and closer to the ship.

It was about seven feet tall. It’s skin was the same color as Peter’s eyes, but it’s eyes were a purplish-pink. It had several bone-like spikes coming out of it’s back and it had long menacing claws that curved like sickle blades. It’s face looked like a human skeleton, but it looked like it was rocky and gravelly. It opened it’s mouth and let out a terrible wail. Saliva dripped from it’s purple fangs.

“Oh my god,” Oliver said with chills running down his spine.

“Someone ready the cannons!” Seth shouted. One of the older boys scurried off to ready the cannons. The monster lowered itself onto the ship decking and growled. Oliver charged forward, leaping through the air. He twisted multiple times before kicking the monster square in the chest with both feet. It was knocked backwards, but didn’t fall. It roared at him and swatted him to the side with one arm. Oliver’s side was slashed by it’s hideous claws, Oliver wailed out in pain. The force of the blow sent him rocketing backwards, he smashed down through the deck and landed to where the cannons were stored.


Oliver heard a lot of screaming and yelling above. He could barely move, so he forced himself up. Even though he was sure his ribs were broken and he couldn’t move half of the fingers on his right hand, Oliver kept pushing, with all of the adrenaline pumping through his body, he felt his ribs moving slowly back into place. He was able to wiggle two of his fingers on his right hand. Oliver looked up at the hole he’d made in the ships deck. Mustering all of his strength, Oliver leapt up back onto the deck.

The monster was blasting purple balls of energy at the ship from above. Some of the boys were firing back at it with the cannon balls. Oliver and the fairy made eye contact, it lowered itself onto the ship once again. Oliver didn’t move towards the beast, he just let it get closer and closer to him. When it was upon him he slashed the creature with his right cutlass, it wailed and tried clubbing him with it’s powerful arms. Oliver intercepted the strike with his swords, it nearly knocked him on his ass, but he kept the fairy from making contact with his body.

“Oliver! Duck”! Wendy shouted from behind him.

Oliver dropped to the floor and one of Wendy’s knives was thrown at the fairy. The knife hit the monster in it’s chest, it didn’t do much damage. Oliver rose and charged forward. He shoved the blade deeper into the fairy’s chest, dragging the blade across the creature’s torso. The fairy howled with pain, dark pink blood pouring out of the creature and onto Oliver’s body. The blood coated Oliver’s skin and clothing, it almost felt like it was seeping into his skin. The fairy swatted him aside again and he was sent tumbling across the floor.

Wendy leapt for the fairy. While she was doing that, the fairy straightened itself out, standing now more like a man than a monster. It drove it’s knee into the oncoming human. She crumpled to the ground with a loud moan.

Where was Seth? Oliver didn’t really have time to search for him because the fairy started blasting energy beams again. Oliver looked down at his clothes and skin, there was no more dark pink-purple blood.

“What the hell”? Oliver thought to himself looking down again. The fairy saw him staring at himself and it almost grinned.

The demon charged for him and they went crashing to the ground together. Oliver’s blades went sprawling away from him. He had his forearm pressed against the beasts neck, keeping it’s mouth from clamping down over his neck. He brought his leg up and he kicked the fairy in the stomach, much to his surprise it grunted. He pushed upwards with his forearm and shoved the fairy away from him. Oliver rose quickly and he rushed to grab his swords, once he got them he looked around and saw that one of the cannons had been brought up to the deck. Oliver threw himself into the air and he was also surprised when he glided to the cannon instead of jumped.

“What’s going on?” he thought to himself. The fairy was now standing and walking towards him. Oliver felt his eyes start to burn, he saw his reflection in the cannon, his eyes were glowing. They were a little bit duller than Peter’s eyes and his eyes had more pink in them then Peter’s did. The creature took to the air and hovered a few feet over the ground. Oliver put three balls into the cannon. The first shot hit the fairy in the side, it screeched but the wound started to heal right before Oliver’s eyes. The second shot missed the beasts head by an inch and it fired an energy bolt at him. Oliver used his sword to deflect it back at the fairy, the bolt hit it center mass. This left the fairy clutching it’s midsection, Oliver fired the last cannon ball and the demon sent a huge energy ball his way. The two projectiles collided and there was a massive explosion. Oliver was thrown out dozens of yards towards the shower. Everything faded to black.

“Oliver?” a soft, feminine voice cooed.

“Wake up!” a harsher male voice barked. Oliver opened his eyes to see Wendy, Seth, Joe, Connor, the archer from Wendy’s ship, and a few of the younger lost boys. They were all standing around him.

“Hey,” was all Oliver said.

“You got hit full-force by the explosion and you’ve healed all of the damage already, how is that even possible?” asked Wendy.

“I don’t know. When the fairy bled on me I got significantly stronger and I guess I heal quicker now too. My eyes were a different color too,” Oliver said sitting up.

“I don’t understand...I thought that Pan gave us fairy dust to make us stronger and give us enhanced agility,” Joe inquired

“He was giving us dried fairy blood, that would explain why it was purplish-pink and why it was in a powder,” Oliver pieced everything together for everyone.


“The island looks so different,” Oliver observed his surroundings, he felt like he’d never been here before. The once lush green jungle setting now looked barren and desicellent. There were several skeletons littered everywhere and plenty of dead or dying plants.

Oliver thought he could see someone watching them, a woman. She was dark-skinned and her hair was in long dreadlocks. Oliver felt like he was looking at her through a binocular, he could see details he wouldn’t have been able to see before. Her eyes weren’t black, they were a few shades lighter than that, but they would have been easily mistaken for black by the untrained eye. Oliver could almost see runes in her skin, some kind of carvings, either that or it was scar tissue.

“What do you mean?” Seth demanded.” It looks the same as it did yesterday.”

“It looks dead or evil, I don’t know how to explain it. I don’t like it,” Oliver said standing up.

He looked back to where the woman had been standing only to see that she wasn’t there. Oliver doubted that she was human, Wendy was the only human female to come to the island. With his now sharply advanced hearing, Oliver could hear someone coming towards them. It didn’t sound like someone walking, it sounded like slithering.

“Does anyone else hear that?” he asked.

“No,” Wendy and Seth answered at the same time.

“Hear what?” Two of the younger boys piped up at the same time. Joe, Connor, and the Archer were silent, listening for the sound.

“It sounds like slithering, like a snake or something,” Oliver pointed out, trying to listen closer.

“Do you sssssssmell that, Ssssssssssilt?” Oliver heard whatever it was ask. It meant there were more than one. Oliver drew his swords.

“Show yourselves!” he called.

“How doesssss he hear usssss?” it’s companion asked.

“They’re merely human, it sssssshouldn’t matter,” said a now more vaguely female voice.

“I’m going to ask you again, come out now or we fire,” Oliver said raising one finger. The archer snapped into the ready position and Oliver noticed Wendy drew twin pistols.

“You dare threaten, the sssssserpentine queen?” the first voice hissed at them. Three snake-like creatures slithered into view. They rose up on their tails. Each one of them was easily 12 feet long from their snout to their tails. They had torsos, shoulders, necks, and obviously heads. They had wicked looking fangs that were dripping venom, their eyes were slits, but when he saw their eyes widened he knew they were yellow.


“Why are you watching us?” Oliver asked.

“We are interesssssssted in your pressssssence on the issssland,” the second male said. It emphasized the s in island.

“Well we got shipwrecked, we were attacked by a fairy,” Seth answered causing the snakes to look at him.
“Are you enemiesssss of the fairy?” the “queen” asked particularly interested.

“We are now,” Oliver answered.

“Right now isssssss a time of peace between the two races, but the enemy of my enemy is my friend,” the Snake Queen said smiling slightly.

“Don’t corrupt the boy before I have a chance to properly meet him, Nagendra,” said a soft feminine voice from above the group.

“Bell,” Nagendra hissed.

“Bell...as in Tinkerbell?” Oliver asked. The purple woman looked down at them she was beautifully exotic. Her skin was a few shades lighter than that of the other fairy. Her eyes were different and she had wings. She dropped from the sky in between the two groups.

“We don’t want any trouble,” Wendy said pushing the youngest of the children behind her. Oliver felt his eyes start to burn, which meant they’d involuntarily changed.

“Don’t worry, wretch, I didn’t come here looking for a fight. But if you think that you can kill me, please, be my guest,” The fairy said directly to Wendy. Wendy raised one of the pistols at the fairy. She fired three times, all of the shots hitting Tinkerbell. She didn’t even bat an eye.

“That tickled,” Tinkerbell said. Before anyone could react, the fairy was holding Wendy off the ground, Wendy was trying to kick the other woman. Oliver and Seth almost reacted at the same time, but due to Oliver’s now advanced speed and agility he was upon the fairy first. He slashed across her back with his right blade, she wailed out in pain and spun around to meet him. Wendy fell to the ground with an audible thud.

“I’m so glad that I get to test you. My darling, Peter, kept insisting he go and cut out your tongue. Don’t worry, I talked him down,” Tinkerbell said before she knocked both blades out of Oliver’s hand. She kicked him violently in the chest sending him flying backwards. Oliver’s back crashed against a thick tree branch. The sickening, cracking sound that his back made even had the snake’s shivering.



Tinkerbell effortlessly took the group of human castaways apart. The fairy was about to turn her attention of the children, but the snakes intervened. The two soldiers were dispatched rather quickly, but the jungle almost froze over when the two queens squared up.

“Lassssst time we did battle, I nearly paralyzsttttthed the left sssssside of your body,” Nagendra hissed.

“I was weaker than, you’ll find I’m a bit more of a handful,” The fairy queen said with a wicked smirk. They lunged for each other at the same time. They whirled and slashed at each other. Tinkerbell grabbed hold of the Snake’s shoulders and they went into the air. Nagendra curled around the fairy queen, she buried her claws into Tink’s back. Tinkerbell made a fist and shoved her hand through the snake’s chest. Nagendra screamed and bit down on Tinkerbell’s shoulder. They continued to drift off, floating, and slashing at each other.

During the epic battle between the two queens, Oliver managed to stand and he quickly ushered his group away from the fighting.

They didn’t get far before they bumped into the woman who he’d seen watching them before. She appeared from the undergrowth, a samurai sword on her back. Her skin was very dark, she could almost blend into the shadows completely. Her hair was long and dreaded. Her eyes were dark as well, but when she smiled at the group they flashed a greyish-blue.

“Come with me,” She said in a hushed, gravelly voice.

“Why?” Oliver asked quickly, holding the rest of the group from going any further.

“Because, I’m the guide and if you want to make it off the island, I suggest you listen to me,” she said with a devilish smile.

“I’m listening,” Oliver said crossing his arms.

“There is a house in a cave on a mountain that the Pan and the Fairies created when he first arrived here. He didn’t know it then, but at first they wanted him to gather children for them to eat. Tinkerbell, the queen, realized it’d be a better idea to have a child army, so they gathered the Lost Boys. The house was their portal into the human world, this isn’t an island, it’s another dimension,” the woman said looking from child to child.

“You aren’t lying? You’ll take us there?” Seth asked. She nodded. He looked to Oliver and Wendy who nodded as well.

“Okay, take us there. But if you make me regret trusting you for one second, I’ll end you,” Oliver threatened with his voice getting deeper by the end of the sentence.

“Deal,” the woman nodded.

“Do you have a name?” Oliver asked,

“Not really,” the Woman answered.

“Well, what do you expect us to call you?” Wendy chimed in.

“I don’t know. Call me whatever you’d like,” she said rolling her eyes a little bit.

In the back of his head, Oliver decided that he would refer to her as the Woman. It was simple and to the point.

Oliver and his group spotted a river with clear-blue water, it surrounded a rock that was shaped like a skull. Oliver crouched down to take a drink from the water.

“Don’t”, the Woman protested.

“Why?” Oliver asked.

“If you like the taste of poison be my guest,” the Woman chuckled.

Oliver growled at her, he felt his eyes glowing. She smirked a little bit and her eyes changed to the same greyish-blue as before.

“Who poisoned the water?” Seth asked

“A group of tribal warriors similar to fairies. They have the same purple skin but they aren’t as monstrous. If you don’t anger them, then they don’t bother you. I’ve faced them a few times, they aren’t easy to get rid of,” the Woman explained.

“What’s the point of poisoning the water?” Wendy asked.

“It makes whoever ingests it very sleepy and weak, this way the tribe will find their prey sleeping and easy to kill,” The woman said dipping her finger into the water.

“Does it feel any different from regular water?” Oliver asked. The Woman shook her head no, Oliver dipped his finger into the water. It was ice cold, what a shame that he couldn’t drink it.

“WOOF! WOOF! WOOF!” a loud bark caused the group to jump. Three sleek, purple hounds were perched upon the hill the group had come down. Behind them was a tribe of at least 35 warriors.

“We should probably run,” Oliver suggested before shoving the youngest children towards the archer and Joe.

************************************************************************

“Go! Go! Go!” Oliver shouted. The archer and Joe were in the front, protecting the children. Oliver, Seth, and Connor were taking up the back. The woman and Wendy were holding off their pursuers.

“How do we fight them?” Seth asked breathlessly.

“I don’t think they need to be killed any special way,” Connor said with his back to his companions.

The boys heard rumbling and rustling coming towards them, they weren’t search what it was, so they were on guard. The woman and Wendy appeared before them, the Woman was injured.
“Are you okay?” Oliver asked.

“I’ll be okay,” she grunted. Her normally dark eyes flashing the grayish-blue color. She let out a deep breath and then Oliver couldn’t tell where she’d been injured.

“We drove them back, but we don’t know how long it will be before they return,” Wendy said cracking her neck. She sheathed one of her knives, but still had a pistol drawn.

“I know this tunnel pretty well, I can guide us through here,” The woman said pushing past Oliver and Seth. The Woman was now in the front of the group guiding the Lost Boys and Wendy to the surface. Oliver, Seth, Connor, and Wendy stayed to the back making sure they weren’t being followed.


Oliver knew they were getting close when he could see sunlight coming through the mouth of the tunnel. It wasn’t long before they were now bathed in sunlight, Oliver sighed contently. The relief was short lived when they were soon surrounded again by the creatures that had been chasing them.


“What do you want?” Wendy asked with both of her pistols raised. The woman’s eyes shifted and she drew her long, katana. Oliver didn’t reach for his weapons. Seth and the other boys were now armed and ready. Oliver felt something in his blood talking to him, he could practically see energy emitting heavily from one of the beings. It’s skin was covered in what appeared to be tribal markings.

“It’s the king, kill the king and you wear the crown,” his blood said. Whoever had the markings controlled the group of them. The king was in his sights, Oliver reached deep down inside of him. He wasn’t fighting the fairy blood running rampant in his veins, he embraced it. He felt a magnificent light come from the pit of his stomach and it worked it’s way up his torso. It stopped when it reached his heart, it spread outwards through his arms and finally his hands. He formed a pinkish-purple ball of energy in his hands, he threw it like a baseball at the creature with the markings.

The bolt of energy hit it right between the eyes, it’s head was blown clean off from the force of the blast. Oliver felt a tingling sensation come around his wrists, Oliver looked down to see thick, black tribal tattoos materializing. All of the creatures stopped and looked at him.

“I’m your new leader,” Oliver said mostly to himself.

“Leader,” the creatures said in unison.

“Will you help us in our fight against the fairies?” Oliver asked.


“Leader,” they all said again.

“That’s annoying,” Seth huffed. Oliver shot him a glare and two of the creatures took a step towards Seth.

“Wow,” one of the younger boys said.

“Get him,” Oliver said smirking. ALL of the creatures started coming towards Seth now, when he drew his sword to fight, Oliver called them off.

The woman didn’t have to take them much further until they were on the edge of a cliff. The house wasn’t far from here, they were almost home.

Oliver and his companions approached the cave’s mouth. As they got closer they could hear voices coming from the entrance of the cave. Oliver stopped the group in order to listen to what the voices were saying.

“Oliver,” the soft, feminine voice of Tinkerbell echoed from the cave. Oliver cringed, her voice alone gave him the chills.

“Yes, my queen?” Oliver answered with sarcasm heavy in his voice.


“Give up! Your effort was valiant, you rallied an army against me, I’m impressed, but you will lie at the bottom of the sea just like those you’ve lost if you don’t surrender,” the dark queen spoke every word so elegantly. Everything was made so dramatic and real by how she spoke.

Oliver scowled.

“I can’t wait to see my boys again,” this voice belonged to Pan. Oliver felt his eyes glow with anger.

“They’re waiting for us,” Oliver said to Seth who merely nodded. Oliver looked back to Wendy and the Woman. The Woman smiled, her mouth was now full of sharp teeth. Wendy’s face was blank.

“I’m getting impatient,” Pan said. Oliver practically growled.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be right there, Pan,” Oliver said walking ahead of the group. He drew both of his swords at the mouth of the cave. Peter and Tinkerbell were hovering about fifteen feet off the ground.

“Long time, no see,” Pan said sarcastically.

Oliver let his body become weightless, he rose up into the air to face his adversaries.

“The snake queen couldn’t take you, I see,” The woman said from the ground. Tinkerbell turned her attention to her.

“Oh, the shapeshifter guide. I thought you mostly played by yourself?” Tink asked tilting her head to the side slightly. Both of her hands behind her back, Oliver’s senses came alive. Oliver knew she was using the same energy he’d used to kill the tribal warrior’s king.

“Things change I guess, but you wouldn’t know change would you?” the Woman asked.

“Better than you think, my dear,” the Queen said smiling a little bit.

“I don’t really think you do,” the woman said. Oliver knew she trying to provoke Tinkerbell. This way Pan and Oliver would be alone together.

“You’re merely an animal with a human skin, spare me about how much you’ve changed,” Tinkerbell spat.

“I’ve changed more than your horrifying ass,” the Woman said smiling.

Tinkerbell fired an energy ball so quickly the human eye might have missed it. But the Woman most certainly wasn’t human. Using her sword to deflect the energy ball, she grunted loudly as she redirected it into a rocky, cave wall. Tinkerbell’s eyes flared and she lowered herself to the ground. Oliver took this as his cue and he lunged from Pan.

“Attack,” the Fairy Queen said as her feet touched the ground. A pack of about ten fairies came out of nowhere. Behind them, was a crew of skeletal pirates, they were led by none other than Captain Hook. His eyes were glowing a deep violet, his skin became discolored and he morphed into this hulking, purple creature. He looked mostly humanoid for he had no claws or fangs. He just had bulging, grotusque, muscle mass that he could use effortlessly to crush their skulls. Wendy started firing at the skeletal pirate crew, those who took a bullet to the head dropped, those who didn’t kept lurching towards the group.

“Attack,” Oliver said smiling. The creatures that had accepted him as their leader charged from the opening of the cave. The two sides met each other in the middle, the fighting was vicious and they aimed to kill, there would be no prisoners.



The now morphed Captain Hook went charging for Wendy, who leapt over him. As she somersaulted past him, the back of her feet slammed into the back of his head. He surged forward a little bit, but otherwise quickly regained his balance.

Tinkerbell was slashing with gruesome claws at the Woman. The shapeshifter was deflecting the attacks with her sword. The Woman threw a high kick, Tinkerbell easily slapped the foot back to the ground. She lunged forward, grabbing the Woman by the back of the head. She threw her violently against a rock wall next to them. Before the Woman could rise, Tinkerbell kicked her in the ribs. She was sent slamming back against the rock wall.


“Seth!” Oliver shouted. The boy looked to him and they both looked at Tinkerbell. Seth leapt and impaled Tinkerbell with his blade. It went clean through her chest, she screeched a horrible sound. She turned with blinding speed and slashed Seth. Seth dropped to the ground, the upper part of his body falling from the lower. All Oliver could see was the blood, the horrible blood.

Oliver looked over to Pan, who was simply smiling at him.”She’s magnificent, isn’t she”? Pan asked.

Oliver shrugged his shoulders before lunging for his former Captain. Oliver felt his eyes glowing and he could see that Pan’s skin had become purple. He’d been drinking the fairy blood for years, he was their king. Not his Captain.

Their blades met over and over again, Oliver felt the force of Pan’s blows growing each time their swords met. Pan was laughing wildly and he always had a bloodthirsty grin on his face. Oliver had slashed Pan a few times, but the wounds healed before his eyes. Pan cut him across the chest, the wound bled slightly before healing over. Oliver’s normally red blood had a pinkish-purple hue to it.

Oliver realized that he always needed to be on guard. It was easy to overpower opponents who hadn’t been given the blood. Pan had been drinking the blood for years, Oliver was one hundred percent sure he wasn’t going to make it out of the cave.

Pan smacked Oliver across the face, he put both of his hands gently on top of the boys head. He shoved him down with such great force that Oliver became a blur. Oliver made incredibly hard impact with the ground. His back was broken, his legs were shattered. He could barely move his arms.


Oliver was still totally embedded in rock and dirt when he looked up to see a large, monstrous fairy looming over him. It brought it’s head down as if to bite him, Oliver grabbed the snapping jaws and broke it’s neck. He felt the still warm body of the fairy. If he was going to defeat Pan, he needed more blood. He grabbed one of his swords and slit the dead fairy’s throat. He brought his lips down to drink. The blood didn’t taste like human blood, it tasted sweeter. It was sweeter than honey, but not sweeter than sugar. He drank and he drank, but before he could drain the fairy dry, Oliver was attacked by another hulking creature. It attempted to claw through the fairy lying motionless on top of him. Oliver shoved the dead weight off of him and grabbed the arm of the second beast. He rose in a blur and tore with arm away from the demon’s torso with minimal effort. He used to clawed hand of the beast to impale the creature with its own limb. He gripped the fairy’s throat and tore off it’s head.



Oliver shot into the air, now able to use full-flight, and headed straight for his former captain.

Pan saw that the boy had streaks of purple in his hair and his skin had tints of lavender in it. The boy had ingested a massive amount of fairy blood in just a few seconds, the power that comes with all of that blood must be monumental. Pan had come to power by drinking the queen’s blood in small doses for the last eternity or so. Pan had never seen someone drain a fairy dry after already bonding with a fair amount of blood as is. For the first time in a long time, Pan had felt true and genuine fear for his life.


Oliver smashed Peter in the face with the detached head, Pan was struck with such force that his skin lost its purple color and returned to that of human. He was lying motionless on a ledge, hanging over where the battle was taking place.

Everything then fell back into place. Oliver was now standing with the Fairy Queen sucking his soul out of his body through her fingertips. There was no pain, there was no more fear. Oliver was void of any human emotion. However he could feel anger. He could feel rage and hate.

Oliver blinked. He struck the fairy queen across the face with his other hand. She fell away from him. She was smiling, a little bit of blood leaked out of the corner of her mouth.

“The deed is done,” the Queen said snapping her fingers. The youngest of the children, the archer, Joe, and Connor were all sent home. Oliver stood with the Woman and Wendy. Wendy, with the help of the Woman had managed to slay the hulking Captain Hook. There was still battling all around them, but the three of them didn’t partake in the fighting.

“You have bound your soul to this island, you can never leave unless you go on another quest to receive it,” the Evil Fairy Queen said laughing.

“I’ll go on any journey you send me, just do me this one favor,” Oliver said. The queen nodded.

“Kill, Peter Pan.” Was all Oliver said before taking the two women who had become his companions on his journey.

“Do you think she’ll actually do it?” The woman asked.

Oliver nodded,” She’s already set her sights on a new king.”

Both of the women stopped in their tracks.

“You?” Wendy and the Woman asked in unison

“Yes, why do you think she took my soul? I’m bound here forever, I’ll live forever. I’ll have no choice but to become her king. Last I checked, neither of you are immortal,” Oliver said with no emotion.

“What happened to you?” Wendy asked.

“If you haven’t noticed, I’m kind of lacking a soul right now. Not exactly experiencing much empathy,” Oliver said walking to the edge of the cliff. Waves crashed at the mountains feet, horribly jagged rocks littered the surf. Oliver close his eyes and turned towards his companions.

“I’m sorry, but there is one last thing I need to do,” Oliver said before stepping off the edge of the cliff. While he was falling, he felt more weightless than he’d ever had before. But the jagged rocks stabbing him in the back, legs, arms, and neck reminded him of the mass he possessed.

With his vastly improved eyesight blurring, the two women he’d come to know on this journey looked as though they were ants. Oliver smiled as everything faded to black.

********************************************************************

“You really are pathetic,” Seth said reclining in his hammock. Oliver was back on the ship. It was the same as it was before the fairy destroyed it.

“Ouch,” Oliver said without any emotion.

“No witty comeback?” Seth asked.

“Not today, where are we?” Oliver asked.

“Purgatory,” Seth answered.

“So, I’m dead?” Oliver asked with a glimmer of hope.

“I’m dead, you’re unconscious. Your body put itself in a comatose-like state, you’re healing. When you wake up, you’ll be fine. Fairy blood does wonders for your complexion,” Seth said gesturing to Oliver’s face. Oliver looked to see a mirror in one of his face. He screamed, he had actual holes in his face from where the rocks had pierced his skin. As he looked deeper, using his microscope-like vision, he could see the cells repairing themselves. He’d be completely healed soon.

“Why won’t you move on?” Oliver asked turning to look at Seth.

“My job right now is to be the captain of this ship. These kids they need me, Oliver,” Seth said smiling a little bit. It was a real smile, Oliver noticed it go all the way up to his eyes.

“They’re lucky, I don’t think I’ll be sticking around much longer,” Oliver said.

“Neither do I, look at your face again,” Seth pointed out.

Oliver cherished the last few moments he had here, he has spent possibly an infinite amount of time in rooms like this. He felt something, he wouldn’t be feeling much anymore. He sighed before looking back into the mirror,

The face in the mirror showed that he had a few scars on his face left. He started to see a light in the room they were in.

“Your ticket back to hell. I’m sorry things turned out like this,” Seth said getting off of the hammock. His body was put back together again, Oliver smiled at his former nemesis.

Seth reached out, so did Oliver. They shook hands for the first time and with that Oliver was brought back to Neverland.

***************************************************************************

Oliver awoke with a gasp, he was no longer at the foot of the cliff. But lying on a sandy shore. The island actually looked like the peaceful place it was before he drank the fairy blood.

“Don’t you ever do that again,” the Woman said with a hiss.

“I’m sorry, I needed to see if it would work,” Oliver said sitting up. The Woman went to go stop him, but Oliver smacked her hand away.

“All healed!” he exclaimed with fake enthusiasm.

“You would have left us...here..all by ourselves,” Wendy spat from the shade of a tree.

“You’ll both die eventually, I’m going to live forever,” Oliver repeated himself for what felt like the hundredth time.

“That’s only if we don’t get your soul back,” the Woman said with a devilish smile.

“How will we get it back?” Oliver asked.

“She didn’t kill Pan, you aren’t her errand boy. I think the first steps to your next journey are unfolding before your very eyes,” the Woman said smiling still. Her eyes flashing their signature blue-gray color.

A small smile crossed Oliver’s lips.” Get my soul, kill the queen? That’s a journey I wouldn’t mind being on.”

Oliver, Wendy, and the Woman set off again.

Not knowing what the other parts of Neverland held for the trio excited Oliver. Oliver has learned in the last two weeks that the predictable is boring. Oliver likes surprises.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.