Devil Tears - In the Begining | Teen Ink

Devil Tears - In the Begining

By hiddenprincess GOLD, Millersburg, Ohio
hiddenprincess GOLD, Millersburg, Ohio

I would rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.
I am a dreamer and no one will ever take that away from me.
People may say that you will be nothing but you may say Watch me!

Author's note: There are references from Devil May Cry. Her personality does change from the hardend smart mouth to a more carring person. You will see that. Please comment!

Demons.Why was that the topic in philosiphy class? Gabriel couldn't imagine how she was going to be able to write this paper. Why would Mr. Tesk want a paper on demons? This was so irritating. " Ms. Diablo? Ms. Diablo! " Gabriel shook her head and set her rubric on the desk by her lap top. " Sorry Mr. Tesk, what were you saying? " Mr. Tesk narrowed his dark brown (she always called them black they were so dark) at her and smirked as if he had given her a riddle that she couldn't solve. " I said, we need to have a class discussion. Tell me what your opinion on demons are if you would be so kind. " He was still smirking. She just staired at his cropped hair which was dark and had a white stripe down the center. She sighed. " I belive that the exist. " There was a spark in his eyes. Great, now he was going to want her to expand on her statement infront of the 21 people in this class.
" I read the bible Mr. Tesk, thats why I believe that they are reality not just a legend or a myth. " Well, what she said wasnt far from the truth. She did read the bible when she was young. Mr. Tesk lost his smirk and replaced it with a sneer. Ha! didnt give you what you wanted to hear did you? Gabriel thought. Like she was stupid enough to tell her real reasons. The class went on for a few more years it seemed. Actually it was only 25 minutes and it was all spent talking about demons along with their legends and purposes. RING! Thank god! Gabriel shoved her laptop into her bag along with her notebooks and pens. She was almost to the door when Mr. Tesk bekoned. " Gabriel, would you mind staying after a few minutes? " Gabriel sighed then turned around moving around all the other students who were escaping from the room. Gabriel stood in the middle of the door way after everyone had filed out. She lowered her bag to the ground. Gabriel sighed again. " Yes Mr. Tesk? " her voice was strong and her face friendly. Gabriel wasn't an extreamly pretty girl. Shoulder length brown, curly hair, round face with blue eyes. She wasn't extreamly large but she wasnt a twig either. Her glasses were square and the wire frames black. Mr. Tesk took every feature in while he smirked. He sat on the side of his desk. He looked about 45 with some forhead wrinkles. His teeth wernt white but wernt sickly yellow either. " Gabriel, Im curious about how you are going to attack this paper. " Gabriel's smile grew a little. " Im planning on using the religious angle. " Mr. Tesk cocked his head a litte. " Really? I figured you would use some type of personal experience. That reminds me, Im curious about you. " Gabriel took this time to put her hands on her hips. " What do you mean Mr. Tesk? " she asked in an innocent voice. He smiled deviously. " Im curious about you as a person. What makes you tick. Your name to begin with. Gabriel Diablo. Gabriel means God Is My Might and is also known as a Servant Of God. Diablo is spanish, I belive meaning, Devil. " Gabriel's smile stayed put. " Your right but, with all due respect, what's your point? " " You are a contradiction. Your a very interesting contradiction at that. " Tesk stood up and walked halfway acoss the room but stopped when your smile vanished replaced with narrowed eyes and half a smile. " You are not what you seem is what im trying to say. I have to say, I would love nothing more than to know what makes you you. " Gabriel's alto voice carried amusement. " Really? Do you talk to all your students like this or is it just me because I'm pretty sure so far if you keep talking like this, I can get you for sexual harrasment. Is it because of my contradicting name? Or are you just a weird old man? "
Mr. Tesk sneared. " Careful of what you threaten to me Ms. Diablo. I do work at this school at the moment. " Gabriel just smiled as she tightened her pony tail. " It's 10 minutes after the lass class of the day. I think it's time for you to go back home. " Tesk looked skepticaly at her. " Why do you care? " Gabriel smiled. " Your master's waiting for you. " Tesk smiled deviously. " How about you tell me what you want here at this school Ms. Diablo. " Gabriel staired at him. " You to leave and go back to Hell where you belong. " Tesk took offf his glasses and his jacket. " What are you Ms. Diablo? " Gabriel looked occupied with her nails. " What would you mean by that sir? " Tesk was already impaitent and she was waiting for his last straw to be drawn and this time she'd done it.
" l grow tired of your games! I know what you are! " Mr. Tesk backed to his desk as his body started to quiver. His skin took on a lethery look and his eyes turned entirely black, even the whites. His hands became gnarled and curved as they turned into paws the size of a toddlers head. His legs bent backwards at the knees. His arms streached longer and his muscles hardened as his face elongated into a lethery muzzle. Two long fangs were prominent on his muzzle, one on each side near the front. His ears grew pointed and a horn pushed it's way out of his head. His skin was a pale yellow with sploches of black. His hair turned into a thick shaggy mane turning from white at the roots to black at the ends covering his stout neck running from a forelock in his eyes to between his shoulder blades. His claws were black and deadly looking. His shredded cloths fell off compleatly as his body grew a bit larger. A spike stuck out of each shoulder and each side of his back leg. His growl carried all the way through his change. Gabriel smiled and laughed out loud. " So this is what you really look like. Man, what a dissapointment. I pictured you for something nastier,something closer to the fleabag you call your girlfriend. " Mr. Tesk growled and sneered.
" Quiet mortal! You have no right to even speak to me let alone insult me and my kin! " His voice was wet and full of anger. Gabriel laughed out loud. " Your girl friend is your sister? Man, you really are a weird old man." " I will rip you to peices! " he barked. " You have got to be kidding me! I've never seen a talking stray before. 'Ya know, I've been wanting a dog lately, I can give you an elctric shock collar turned up to maximum voltage and a pretty pink leash too! I can even get you some gravy train if you'd like. " Tesk lunged at Gabriel. She jumped up and bounced of his back while she pulled an ipod out of her pocket and turned up the volume, which was attacked to a speaker cube. It started playing Monster by Skillet.
" This is a perfect song. " She put it back in her pocket billowing the song. Her long black jacket billowing as she landed behind him. She slapped her hand on his rump. He shot around to face her as she laughed and kicked him in the bottom of his muzzle. His head snapped upwards and he backed a few steps while shaking his head. She was right by the large window. He started laughing. " That actually hurt a little, " Gabriel narrowed her eyes and smiled. " Come at me again and I'll kick you so hard your pitifull master will feel it for a month, " she promised. He jumped for her.
" You will die mortal! " Gabriel dropped to the ground on her back and stuck her leg strait up in the air pushing the creature that used to be Tesk out the window. Gabriel shot up and jumped out the window. A peice of glass was barried deep in the creatures neck and sickly brown blood covered the ground. It tried to look pitiful but she could see the life in it, straight through the mirage. " 'possum, " she said. " Just get up already, your just wasting my time now. " She stood her distance from the creature as it gripped the peice of glass and ripped it from its wound. It stood panting as its wound stopped beeding. Gabriel stood there looking bord. She aimed her gun and hit the creature in the shoulder near it's lung. " You will pay for that! " the creature screamed. It ran towards her snarling and snapping it's vice like jaws. She doged it and grabbed onto it's right shoulder spike. She jumped on it's back and rode laughing. It jumped and bucked. " Yeee Haawww! " Gabriel yelled. It swung it's head around trying to rip into her leg. Gabriel planted her feet between the mutt's shoulder blade and pushed down. She vaulted off it's back and landed kneeling. She stood and put her hands on her hips. The thing stood stairing at her with anger burning in it's eyes. " Well, well. That was fun! Come on boy, lets go for a walk now! " She clapped her hands and wistled. " It's time to finnish this! " The thing screamed. It jumped at her yet again as she pulled a sword out from under her drench coat. Was 5' 9'' from the end of its handle to point, only 3 inches taller than she. Its hilt was made of darker metal in the shape of a skull surounded by wings. It's handle was of the same metal and smooth. Gabriel sliced upwards in a smooth arch as it sliced through the beasts chest. The thing fell to the ground with Gabriel standing above it, blade to it's heaving throat. " You...yes....you are..... your a contradiction..." Gabriel stood above the heaving mass. " Who sent you here? " The thing started laughing. " Sula is my master. " " Why are you here? " " To find the legend.....of the.... White Devil. " Gabriel chuckled. " I've heard of the White Demon. None seem to know if it's a man or woman, if it is will fight for the demons or the humans. You mistakened me for this "demon'. " The wet mass sighed.
" Yes I mistakened you. I thought you were also weak.....a weasly hunter wanna be... but you surprized me. You didn't seem like a hunter. Your body type and your scent was wrong. " Gaberiel chuckled again. " Dont judge a book by it's cover. " The thing looked at peace. " You seem as though you have accepted your defeat demon. " She spat the last word. The thing grinned slightly. " I have. If you....dont kill me now, I will die soon... weather from my sustained injuries or.....my master....after you leave but tell me......your not...no, you cant be ....your a- " Gabriel tossed the grading rubric on top of the thing's body as she cut him off.
" Human. I'm human.Tell this Sula I said He will never escape as long as I'm alive. " She pulled out her hand gun and 2 rounds in the thing's skull. It disintagrated into the ground. Gabriel jumped back through the window and picked up her bag. She then jumped back out the window and started walking down the hill side down to the main road. Her black drench coat swished around her and her black light weight boots clicked softly on the side of the road. The White Demon....she'd have to remeber that one.

Sula sat on his throne of gold the walls around him was created by stacks of skulls and bones. Some were white, most were gray or even black all coated in a sheet of ice. He wore a gold coat that flowed down his body and he had jeans on. He peered through the fire that was lit inside of a basin that sat infront of him. He smiled savagly. He was old even though he only looked about 20. He was there when Lucifer was struck down from heaven. He was a new creation but Lucifer had made good points and some sense. He had no choice but to follow his master. God had turned his back on Sula and Lucifer and that Sula could never forgive. No matter how much he tried to repent after he found out Lucifer had just used him, God never gave him a second glance or a third, fourth, or even a fith glance. He was in Hell, Hades, Underworld, Demon realm, what ever people wanted to call it. He called it home. His minions wanted to start a full fledged attack on heaven. He didn't need to attack heaven to win the war. He would hit God where it counted, his children.
His features were fair, his hair was dark fudge brown that was cut kind of short but spiked in the front. He had very defined muscles. He was beautiful. His eyes were crystal green. He staired into the fire, staired at the young girl who was walking along side the road. What was she walking from? Where was she going? Who was she looking for? How long would she walk, where to? He would meet her soon enough. She was bland in the looks department but she had a dead calm on her exterior and a fire in her soul. He wanted that fire that burned and gave her the will to fight all his terrifying deamons beside him. He wanted to devour that fire. Soon enough he told himself. Soon enough she would be his. He watched her kill one of his younger followers. He was a strong demon and now he was impressed that someone her size could move so quickly. She wasn't large but she wasn't supermodle sized either, dainty is not a word he would use to describe her. Her shoulder length hair was up in a pony tail her glasses were off since it had started raining. She had sheithed her sword on her back ontop of her coat. Her hands were in her pockets as she walked down to a diner.
She walked in and sat down. A older man walked in and sat across the table from her. She started talking to him and cracked a couple wise cracks. The man handed her an envalope which she shoved in her bag. Drugs?She doubted it. Money for slaying his minion. He had to hand it to her, she was throwing suprizes left and right just like he though that she would admit her linage to Tesk and she didn't. Why did that seem to be a sensitive topic for her? She made sure she told Tesk she was human. Maybe she was just human but he had a feeling that she was somthing more. Then again, he would be able to reach out and sence her demonic presence if she was one of them. Angel? Maybe but most angels were beautiful even though they blend so easily and this girl wasn't beautiful enough to be an angle. This girl, Gabriel, was and interesting case. He would find out her ways, her secreats, and her weakness. One weakness he'd found so far was her friends. She would do anything to protect her friends, even die. So what about her family? Where were they? If they were dead, how did they die? A wrinkle formed between his eyebrows. Every time he found an answer to a question, 4 more questions would take their place. He had been watching her for a while. This wasn't his first demon that he'd watched her kill.
She really was amazing. Her laugh was rare and her full fledged smile even rarer. He wanted to see that full fledged smile again, hear her laugh again, he wanted to be part of her happiness. No! He couldn't! he wasn't an angel anymore! He didn't want happiness, he wanted death and destruction. He was a demon now. He wanted her, needed her to win this war. There is a reason that she had captured his gaze, she had to be something more than just a demon hunter. He would have her and then God would have one less child, if he even saw her as his child. Anything to win the war, anything to prove that the Demons would win and the Angels will burn along with their father. Destroyed by their own kind. This made him laugh. His eyes turned from beautiful green to a clear red. He smiled. Sula would show them, show them all just like he showed Lucifer and Angelica, he would show his father.

Gabriel walked into the diner. It was an old, barely afloat diner. It's floor tiles look grimy even though they had just been mopped not to long ago. It had a small salad bar in the center of the floor space. The wall lined with windows were lined with booths. There were a few tables for 2-4 people on the other side of the salad bar.There were a couple of old guys sitting in a booth a few seats down from where Gabriel sat down, regulars she knew. Her black drench coat was still dripping a bit onto her black boots that came up to her knees. They had half and inch heel on them so they were comfortable but made her keep her balance up but the best part? They looked good on her and she could run in them.
She put her hood on her coat down. The coat was held on by a couple of belt buckle looking things that where set to be kind of loose so if a demon grabbed her coat she could slip free of it easily. A couple of times that happened but she never slipped out, she loved this coat too much. Her friends said it made her look like an avenging angel thats why people thought she was goth in school. Teachers tried to make her take off the drench coat but they gave up because half of them liked her for some reason. She was always respectful and did her work and did her best to get along with people in her class unless some prick was causing trouble. Some of her close teachers even called her the Avenger. Those few teachers knew it was her who scared the bullies and trouble makers out of their wits but they said nothing other than she was " Just an angel " as they said. She loved those teachers. The were sweet even if they did like to pry about her home life. Home life, if only they knew what she did in her spare time. The thought made her chuckle a little. Flyn was supposed to be here any minute. The waitress came over and took her order, The ususal. It consisted of lemon water and salad, lettuce with a lot of black olives, some pepperoni, mushrooms, bannana peppers, and some provolone cheeze.
Just then Flyn walked through the door. He spotted the back of her head and walked over to her booth. " Hey. " She looked up to see an old man. He was probobly in his late 50s early 60s but he didn't look like it very much. He wasn't thin and frail. He still had plenty of shape to him. He had some muscle in his arms and chest but not so much he looked like and old body building freak. He had a kind face, kind of round cheeks. It was tanned and reminded her of something that had been weathered. She had always loved his mustach too. His hair was still black all combed back and hid under his light brown detective hat, or thats what she called it. His eyes had wrinkles in the corners. It made him look fatherly, in an older way, but strong. His crystal blue eyes were as bright as ever.
" Flyn, " she regarded him. He was wearing a brown coat that matched his light colored hat. He sat across from her. " There were reports I've heard that there was a ravage dog the size of a bus that was attacking someone in a black coat and a huge sword when the guy killed it and it disintagrated into the ground. This supposedly happened less than half an hour ago. You know anything about that Diablo? " Gabriel smiled. " Maybe. " she sounded exasperated and matter of factly when she expanded on what she ment. " For one, it's muzzle was level with the bottom of my sturnum. It was a demon in the shape of a mutt and it did attack me. " Flyn sighed. " You pissed it off didn't you? " " Only after he tried to get me to talk about demons in class. Then kept me after class to interigate me about weather or not I was human. Then didn't believe I was a hunter but though I was going to be a nice and easy unsuspecting snack. I surprized him. " Gabriels voice had a lazy tone to it. She started eating her salad that had come after she said ' I surpized him '. Flyn rubbed the bridge of his nose. " He was a teacher? " Gabriel took a swig of her water. " Substitue. He won't be missed. " Flyn sighed. " I know that you waited until he gave you a reason but dont go pissin' off demons that you cant win against. " Gabriel actually laughed.
" Flyn, sorry to give you this news flash but I've beat every demon I've come across. " Flyn shook his head. " Sorry to kill your little gloating session but don't you remeber that little inncodent with the Teether? " Gabriel sighed again. A Teether was a creature with two legs and two arms that walked like a human but thats where everything human stoppped. It's skin was a light purple color that was covered it yellow boil type things. They are insanly fast even though they look like they are about to trip over their own feet just standing there. The reason they are called Teethers is because their flat frog shaped head had no nose except for two slits and their eyes were on the top of their head just like a frog. Their mouth took up the rest of the area even extending to the back of their head. It could open wide enough that a small kid could stand in it's mouth and still have room to jump up and down, not that they'd want to. The Teethers mouth was full of rows of sharp teeth of course that fell out and stuck in their victoms skin. It's bite could lead to a mountainn of infection if the teeth wern't removed quickly and the wound cleaned. Gabriel had fought one at the begining of her carrer as a hunter. Back then, she was fighting demons based on a book that her mother had put together for her. She got two teeth stuck in her skin. " Flyn, drop the Teether inncodent. I killed the thing. It's over. And besides, I was just starting out and fighting based on weaknesses I found in an old book. It was one demon. I've gotten stronger and faster. I'm getting better every fight. I will not loose a battle. Im planning to destroy every freaking demon I come across until I wipe them off the face of the earth. " Flynn looked at her closely. It seemed as though he was trying to look into her past, trying to figure out how her mind worked. He looked around the diner again and changed the subject.
" I found another Job I think is up your ally. " Flyn passed a mannila envalope across the table which she put in her bag. " Thanks. " Flyn ordered a bacon burger before elaborating on this supposed job for her." There is a girl who says her brother dissaphered. He was protecting a necklace that had a yellowish crystal on the end of it. One day he left for the store but he never came back. The groceries and his coat was found on the front steps of their appartment. There was a note from her brother that said he had found a way to find their mother. It seems as though he just ran away. " Gabriel leaned against the wall and crossed her arms. " I kill demons not go after run away boys who cant handle their supposedly hard lives. " Gabriel brought out her computer and started to google strange sightings around the state. " Diablo! " Gabriel sighed. " What? " Flyn leaned closer to the center of the table. " This crystal was created to open the demon world. He was being chased and attacked by demons left and right. The crystal has the power to relase the most dangerous demon to ever be created. " he wispered feircly. Gabriel closed her computer and put it back in her bag. " Come on. " She got up and put her hood up. She tossed $40 on the counter near the cash register.
" See ya Amy. " The waitress waved. Gabriel and Flyn got in his old black Jeep Wrangler.
They drove out of the gravel parking lot and turned right past the school. There were cops up there looking around the school. Fat chance they'll find anything, Gabriel thought. They drove up past the school and past some houses and a small church. They drove to the Gypsy Folk Shop and parked infront of it then got out of the Jeep. It really is a gypsy folk shop, great cover. The brick building beside it and the shop created and ally. It was always dark and covered in vines. They walked down the ally and at the end of it was a small wooden door inlaid in a brick wall. Above it was an overhang that was still dripping rain water. Above it in dark blue neon lights was a lit up sign. It was large and anyone could see it, if they looked for it. ' Dry Eyed Diablo ' it sayed. Flyn took a quick look at the sign and shook his head. " You need a to tell me why you named the place the ' Dry Eyed Diablo '. Does it have something to do with that Character from the DMC agency? " Gabriel smiled slightly. " No, not really.The owner just got the good name first." Flyn looked around before he followed her inside. The place looked like an old dance studio. The hard wood floor was dark and discolored in some spots. There was a desk right infront of the door near the back of the wall. It was dark cherry wood. It was intricatly carved with skulls surrounded by wings just like her sword.
Gabriel took out her sword and put it on the desk. She then took off her coat and tossed it on the back of a couch to the right of the desk. She was wearing a loose black longsleaved shirt under a black leather vest that was kind of form fitting. Flyn felt kind of weird thinking it but the vest made her look great. She left her drying boots and vest on but took her two hand guns, Trinity and Destiny, out of her thigh holsters and set them beside Vengence, her blade. It was facing towards the wall with a small coffee table that matched the desk. The couch was a dark red leather couch. Kind of old looking but Flyn knew it was comfortable. One the other side of the place was a pool table along with a dart board. There were a few old pizza boxes scattered around the floor. Behind the large desk was a few demon pelts. She got them before the demon disintagrated obviously but that wasn't easy. He was impressed even though he'd been here numerous times. He stood beside the desk. Gabriel turned on her I pod and put it on her base speaker. Monster from Skillet started playing again since she stopped the song close to the end when she was killing Tesk. Gabriel sat at her desk in her chair that also matched the desk and changed the song to Hero from the same artist. The chair wasn't very ornate except for the desk design burned into the back of the chair. Other wise it was just a lighter shade of cherry wood that has a slightly padded seat and back. Gabriel sat in the chair and put her feet on the desk beside her wepons. Flyn pulled a folding chair out from a corner of the room and sat on it backwards facing Gabriel.
" The story about this crystal is that there was a man by the name of Christoper Holder. He was paranoid of witches. He was afraid that there were witches trying to attack him and his family. One day, a neighbor came by their house and said that she needed to talk to Christopher. He told him that she saw his wife acting weird. Long story short, his wife was accused of being a witch. He couldn't believe that his wife, who was pregnant at the time, was sentenced to be hanged. He finally got up his courage to talk to his wife and found out that the neighbor that had accused her was actually the one taking part in the witch craft. The woman accused his wife so she wouldn't be a suspect. The man became angry that his wife and unborn child was going to die for somthing they had nothing to do with. He couldn't stop it though. His wife and child were killed. " Gabriel sighed and said in her lazy voice, " He got pissed off and asked the demons for help. "
Flyn nodded. " Thats right. His neighbor was burned at the stake when it was found out she was the real witch. Christapher broke into his neighbors house after she died and found one of her books on demons and angels. He though maybe, just maybe, he could summon an angel and beg it to bring his innocent wife and child back to him. He was drunk and read the wrong incantation. He didn't summon an angel. " Gabriel closed her eyes and leaned the chair back on two legs, hands behind her head. " He summond a demon instead. " Flyn nodded again. " A single tear fell from his eyes when the demon told him that his wife and child were in the underworld. The demon was lying of course, the woman was a faithfull christan woman. The tear crystalized and christopher put it on a necklace and promised he and his decendents would protect it with their lives once he figured out the power of it.
"He realized one of the most powerfull demons in the world was released and it wanted to destroy the world. He found that only the crystal could seal the portal to the underworld. He faught the demon. The demon had drove his own sword through the man's chest and pinned him to a tree. The man was dying. His wife apeared and used her power to put the demon back in hell and seal the portal. She told Christopher that she loved him and he survived the event. When he woke up in the local healers cabin, there was a baby in a crib beside his bed. When he asked whos kid this was, the healer told him that he was found beside Christopher and there was a crystal necklas around the baby's neck. Christopher knew that this child was his and that his wife had saved the child. "
Gabriel opened her eyes. " Let me guess, " she sighed. " This man and woman's last name is Holder right? " " Yup. " " She's pregnant and this guy doesn't have a wife so the only decendent is this womans kid? " " Yep." " Her brother's name is Christopher and he has the crystal. " " Your three for three kid. " Gabriel looked at Flyn. " What is the demon's name? " Flyn chuckled. " The most common name in the bible." Gabriel grabbed her now dried coat and put it back on. She holstered Trinity and Destiny on her thighs. Vengence was sheithed on her back on the outside of her coat this time. She started walking out the door.

" American dream, " Gabriel said with amusement. " Heh, I can see how thats working out. " It was a small neighborhood full of big expensive houses. She could smell all the enflated egos all over the place. The house they stopped infront of was a tall brick stucture with black shingles. It had white shudders on it and a nice sized law with a couple of dog toys in it. She had to make a bet with Flyn. " Chocolate Lab. What do ya' think Flyn? " Flyn smiled. " I didn't see a dog the last time I was here but 10 bucks says Golden Retriver. " Gabriel smiled smuggly. " Your on. " They walked up the professionaly poured walkway. Gabriel smelled the roses that were around the back of the house. She started sprinting up the rest of the walk way. She saw the sprinkler heads start to move. " Didn't think you were that eager, " Flyn mummbled. SHHHHHSSSSS TINK TINK TINK! The Sprinklers turned on and Fly still had a few feet of sidewalk. " Damnit Diablo! " Gabriel smiled smugly again but couldn't hold back a little laugh. " Should have been paying attention. " Flyn raced to the door that was covered by a small overhang held up by white colombs. " This is going to take forever to dry out Diablo. I hope your happy. " Gabriel just smiled a half smile and held out her coat. " Wala! " She made a bowing motion. " Leather. " Flyn knocked on the door grumbling, " Surprized you can even afford it..." Gabriel couldn't make out the rest. She might be able to afford somthing more if Flyn would find her some good paying jobs. The door started to open slowly.
On the other side of the door was a woman in her late 20s. She had blond hair and deep blue eyes. Her nose was sharp and her features were sharp even though her cheek bones wern't very high. Her ears were slighly pointed. She was the same hight as Gabriel with her boots on, around 5' 7''. Gabriel's face was compleatly blank except for some bordem. She noticed the woman also had boots on with an inch heel. The woman greeted Flyn in a soft voice. This made Gabriel think of the woman all the much more of a fairy or elf. " Hello Mr. Flyn. Please come in. " The woman gave gabriel a nervous glance before moving aside to let them in. The house was just like in a movie. Dinning room to the left through elegant french doors. To the right a living room compleate with a fire plce and flat screen T.V. over the mantle. There was a dark brown leather couch infront of it. It was a sectional in the shape of a horse shoe. There were various pictures on the mantle and walls of the house.
WOOF! WOOF! A chocolate labordore ran down the stairs that were infront of the door. The lab jumped into Gabriel's arms like a puppy. The lab started licking her face. She looked annoyed and said, " Still," she warned sternely. The lab stopped licking her face to death but still rubbed her head against Gabriel's chest. The woman just stood there looking shocked. " How did you do that? " She asked kind of timitdly. " Do what? " Gabriel replyed lazily exasperated. The woman looked at Gabriel hard. " Toya is over a hundread pounds and most of the time we cant get her to stop licking visitors so we have to put her outside. " Gabriel shrugged as she pet the dog. " Don't know. Just have a way with animals. " Gabriel put the dog down on the ground. " Still. " She said. The woman extended her hand to Gabriel. Gabriel shook it gently. " Diablo. " The woman smiled grimly. " Angel. " Angel showed them to the living room where they all sat on the couch. Toya followed Gabriel and sat beside her on floor. Gabriel smiled.
" Hmm, " she cocked her head a little looking at Angel. " Your parents obviously had a twisted sence of humor. Calling their child Angel, " Gabriel's eyes narrowed. " When their child is actually a demon. " Angel sat back and looked more relaxed but she also looked tired and sickk. " So you really are a hunter. I wasn't sure when I saw you. " Gabriel absentmindedly petted the dog. " I dont look like a hunter. I've heard that before. Actually almost every demon I meet says that. " Angel laughed darkly. " Just how many demons have you met? " Gabriel smiled. " Enough for me to make a living. " Angel looked at Gabriel intently, staring into Gabriel's blueish grey eyes. Angel looked sympathetic. " Do you know what my demonic power is Ms. Diablo? " Gabriel looked amused. " Should I know? " " Your running from your past aren't you? Your father is the reason that your a hunter. Your trying to run and hide what you are. Your a- " " Human. I'm human unlike you creatures. " Gabriels voice didn't shake much but it was full of cold venonm. " Tell me Ms. Diablo, what is your mission in life? What is it your trying to accomplish by killing our-my- kind? " Gabriel stood up and started to walk out the door but stopped and turned. Her voice was hardened and showed nothing but distain. " To wipe the earth clean of everyone of your dispicable kind. There was only one demon that saved the earth and that was a while ago. I can garantee that there wont be another. I'll find your brother and whatever it attacking him. " Angel stood, hand on her large stomach. " You cant run forever Gabriel. " Gabriel started walking out and said over her shoulder, " I know. "
Flyn came out of the house a minute later carrying a crystal on a necklace. It was blueish. Gabriel was in the car. Flyn got in the car and tossed the necklace to Gabriel. " What the hell was that conversation about? How did she know your name? " Gabriel ignored his questions. " Drive. " Flyn grumbled but followed her request as she staired at the necklace. It captured her in it's blue, cold glow. She could feel it calling out to her. She heard a voice in her mind. Run! Run Gabriel! Go! Gabriel heard her mother's voice calling out to her. She took a quick breath in and looked out the window. " Look, I don't know whats going on with you but I dont want you to get yourself into this so deep you cant get yourself out. Your one of the best hunters I know but dont get yourself killed. Hey! You listening to me Diablo? " Gabriel sighed but kept looking out the window. " Yeah yeah. Just get me to this adress. " She handed him a paper with an adress on it. Flyn looked at it. " 487 N. Houstan St. What's at this adress? " " I don't know but it's important or else that woman wouldn't have been protecting it so well. " Flyn looked at her with a raised eye brow. " What are you talking about? " " The dog, Toya. That was hid in the dog's collar. I could tell it was their because she was nervous after I rubbed the dog's neck after I put her down. That's how I felt the diffrence in the collar. As we sat on the couch, I fiddled with it. " " So what did that woman mean when she said ' your a ' and you cut her off. " Gabriel smiled. " Let's just say that she confused me with someone else just like everyone else I meet. " Flyn didn't like that answer, she could tell but she didn't care. The one the woman was touching on the edge of something she had barried along with her father's soul. Gabriel looked out the window one last time before her eyes closed. Before the world of sleep welcomed her into the realms of nightmares, she saw a rainbow against the dark clouds. " Never, " she wispered wishing her deepest barried secreat would stay barried.

Gabriel woke up to the sun streaking through her curtains on her windows. Her walls were a dark greenish blue color. Her ceiling was a white color with swirls and streaks of her wall color. She had an old dresser a couple inches shorter than her to her right with just a little over a foot between is and her bed. Beside that is was a large desk with 3 draws on each side. Her small bed was on the floor, mattres on top of boxsprings which in turn was on the floor. Gabriel sat up her feet feeling the chill of the wooden floor. She stood up and walked into the kitchen which was right beside her room. Gabriel looked at her white night gown and saw there wasn't a spot on it. " Mother sings a lullaby, hush my darling do not cry. " Gabriel gasped. Her mother's voice floated to her. " Mom..." Gabriel ran through the kitchen to the dinning room where a waist high table sat. " Mom? " Gabriel barly uttered the word. She walked into the living room. Gabriel saw her mother laying in the middle of the floor, blood pooling around her. " No, MOM! " Gabriel ran to her mother's side. Her mother's eye widened in recognicion. " Run Gabriel! Run! " Tears started streaming down Gabriel's face. " No, mom? What happened? Who did this? " Heavy foot steps made their way towards them, comming down the stairs. " Your father is not what he seems...." " No. Not dad, please tell me this wasn't dad! " Gabriel begged. Her mother''s breathing became labored.
" He's become drunk for power. Please, run before he kills you too. Dont make me use my dying breaths watching my daughter die..." Gabriel put her forehead to her mothers. " You wont watch me die. You'll watch father die. " Gabriel stood and grasped her mothers sword from out of the closet that was in the dining room. It had a skull surrounded by wings. She made her way back to her mother's body. She stopped in the archway. Her father stood over her mother's body in his pure demon form. His Dark green armored body with spikes comming out of his shoulders and shorter ones out of his knees. He had smaller ones peppering his breast plate and the rest of his armor. There was purple glowing where the joints in his armor was. His voice was full of dissapointment and a little pain.
" Kathrin, why couldn't you just accept that fact. Gabriel has to be given to him. I have to. " Her mother sounded angery. " No you don't! Choose your own path for once Demitirus! She's your daughter. " " I know! Why couldn't you just turn your back Kathrin? Now I have to loose everything. " " This was your choice Demitirus, I had no choice but to protect my daughter. " Gabriel heard enough. Her face was a determined one. It showed there was something that had to be done even though she didn't want it to happen. She walked into the living room and just stood two feet from her father. He spun around to face the presence he felt behind him. " Gabriel. I hope you understand, I never wanted this but I don't have a choice. " Gabriel held her sword pointing towards her father her. " You have a choice just as I do father. I've made mine. Make yours. " Her father's eyes looked hollow. " I'm sorry you've made that choice my child. I never wanted to be the one who would have to do this. " Gabriel looked sad. " I'm sorry too father. " Blades clanged and sparked as hit after hit, block after block came. Her father gave her no leverage. She was trying as hard as she could just to stay alive. Her father's sword sliced her left arm. The pain was excrutiating but atleast it let her know for now she was alive. The battle raged on. Finally with a scream of defiance her father fell on his back sword fallen out of his hand. Her sword was in the crack between his breast place and helmet. He smiled. " You are a true warrior. I'm proud to have you as a child. " She felt a tear fall over onto her cheek. " I wish I could say the same about you as my father. " Her sword plunged downward and her father's body dissolved. Her mother's weeping caught her attention. She ran to her mother's form.
" Mom, please mom. " Her mother's breathing had become extreamly labored. Gabriel sat her mom's head in her lap and started combing through her hair with her fingers. " I'm so happy I am finally going to be part of that joyous choir. I've waited for that for so long. " Gabriel was trying to hold back tears. " I know mom. You've wanted that for as long as I can remeber. "
" Baby, please sing that lullaby I sang to you as a baby. " Gabriel was on the brink of bursting with tears. " Mom, I want you to know that I love you so much. " Her mother smiled. " I love you too. I will always be watching you baby. " Gabriel started singing as her mother's breathing became shallower and shallower, as her heart beat became slower and weaker.
" Slumber now my darling one. Rest for now, the day is done. Mother sings a lullaby. Hush my darling do not cry. " Gabriel started crying. " Thank you Gabriel. Thank you for letting me hear your voice....one last.....time....keep....singing...." Her mother's breath stopped and her body started to glow. Then it just dissaphered in a cloud of what could only be described as glitter that dissaphered when it touched the floor. Where her mother's body had layed, was a crystal cross that had a tint of green coloring. " NO! " Gabriel screamed, her voice sounding inhuman.
" No! " Gabriel exclaimed. Her head jerked up and her hand grabbed hold of her swords handle. It took her a couple seconds to realize that she was in the car with Flyn. Her breathing was heavy and her brow moist. Flyn looked over from driving. " Hey, your awake just in time. " Gabriel released her grip on her sword and started rubbed the side of her head. Flyn noticed her sad but thoughtful expression. " Nightmare? " Gabriel siged. " I wish, " she said quietly. They pulled into the driveway that was in the middle of nowhere. There was just high grass and tall corn all around them. A dog came up and chased the car down the driveway until they found themselves infront of a old farm house. It was extreamly large for a farm house and extreamly old by the weathered look of it. There were no vehicals except for an old rusted tractor by the old barn. Gabriel looked annoyed and bord as ususal. Flyn and her both got out of the car. Flyn bumped her shoulder. " Loose the cranky attitude. " Gabriel had a smile pulling at her lips. " I dont know what your talking about. " " Right, " Flyn started towards the house. Gabriel stuck her arm out blocking him from going. " Wait by the car. " Flyn held his hands up in surrender and leaned against the car door. Gabriel started towards the house. She knocked hard on the door. She saw a short figure run past the doorway to the one across the hall inside the house. She could hear laughing but it definatly wasn't human. Gabriel kicked the door in. " I knocked, " she mused. It was a dinning room and there was a kitchen to the left. It was disgusting, there were flies and blood everywhere in the dinning room and a trail of old blood led the the kitchen. There was a flash to her right. She walked into the dingy living room. There were a few overstuffed chairs and a couch. Both had claw marks and blood everywhere She started her sweep of the place kicking stuffing and material out of the way. She saw a glint on the ground. She picked it up and saw it was a locket. It was in the shape of a rearing lion. On the back was an engraving that said, " The heart of the lion fears neither harm nor Hell ". Gabriel squinted a little as she opened the locket. Inside was a picture of a little girl and on the other side of a woman. The little girl had flowing black hair with jets of dark red running through it. It was as long as she was tall. Her mother was blond with an elfish face....It was Angel. Gabriel put it in her pocket that was on her coat and stood. There was a sound like a suction like seal was broken then closed, like a refrigerator door. She stood and headed to check out the kitchen. The tiles, she guessed, used to be white but where now yellow and browned. In the sink were chunks of meat. There were other hunks of meat with knifes and cleavers in them scattered all over the L shaped tiled counter. The smell was horrible but it really didn't bother Gabriel too badly.
" Mmmm, looks like Flyn and I can have a Barbaque. " She looked at the refridgerator. It had a brown handprint on it. It was small though, like a child. Gabriel grasped the handle of the old 90s style fridge. She gave it a good jerk and it opened. She had to say, she was excited by her discovery. Two unopened Izzie. They were just fruit juce and carbonated water except she never bought them anymore. There were only 4 to a pack and they were almost 8 bucks for a pack. She grabbed the bottles and headed through a door that was freshly painted from the look of it. She tossed set the bottles on the counter in the kitchen away from the ripest meat that was covered in flys and maggots. The door knob turned with a slight click. She pushed the door open and it revealed a narrow staircase. Hard wood stairs that creaked and groaned with her every step. She made her way up the stairs to find herself inside another hallway. The walls were just as dingy and dusty up here but there wasn't much blood except a trail of dips that had soaked in the wood. There were two doors on her left and 3 on her right. She decided to start with the right set. The first door she opened led into a young girl's bedroom. There were dolls and horses all over the place. Her bed didn't have a frame but had a pink veil. The place smelled musty. She opened the closet door and heard a warning growl. There was nothing she could see besides stuff animals and a dog. It was a Caucasian Sheperd. The thing jumped for her growling. She moved sideways and it missed her compleatly. The dog turned around. She could see it for the first time. It had on bright blue eye and one bright green. It's coloring was that of a grey wolf with a black ring around it's neck and black feathers on it's paws. It looked like it was half wolf. Gabriel had to admit the thing was gorgous but if she had she would kill it, last resort she told heself. " Hey there mutt. Your beautiful and I really dont want to have to shoot you so how about you quick that growling crap. " Gabriel moved her hand downward with her palm flat and pulled the heel of her palm up at the very end. " Still. " The dog stopped growling and looked confused but sat stairing. Gabriel smiled. " Good girl. " Gabriel went through the rest of the rooms, the dog trailing her. There was a master bedroom, a small office, a master bath and a spare bedroom. She had found a body in the bath. It looked like it used to be an old man. The corps was holding a shotgun and it was still somewhat pointed at the door. There were claw grooves in the door that were coated in a hardened resin. Demon attack. Teether to be exact. She was surprised the guy made it upstairs and was able to lock himself in before the thing got him. She headed back downstairs. She picked up the Izzie's and headed back towards the door that led outside. As soon as she reached the archway to the dinning room, a sword at her throat stopped her advance to the door. She smiled her half smile. " About time yous showed yourself. I could sense you. " A young man chuckled. " Well, this is a surprize. Not what I expected. "
Gabriel hit the flat side of his blade upwords and set the Izzie's on the ground. The man's sword was lodged a couple inches into the ceiling. She drew her own sword. She turned around to face her attacker. His sword, now dislodged, clashed against her's as it was blocked his attacked. He was strong. His hair was black and it looked layered, about middle of his ear length. His features were sharp. He was beautiful in a way. His eyes were pale brown with flecks of gold. His coat was a medium green hugh and was made almost the exact same way has hers. He wore boots not much heel on them at all though. He looked amused. He pushed and their blades unlocked. His blade was elegant. It was a couple inches shorter than hers. There was somekind of intricate design encasing a Skull with a tear drop falling from it's eye. They both had their guard up but neither looked to concerned in making the first move. He didn't look any older than her maybe older by a year. She heard a growl behind her but she knew it wasn't ment for her. They were both sizeing each other up. She stood tall and confident but so did he. He was well built, he was skinny but not toothpick skinny but yet he wasn't a body builder. " You want to tell me your buissness? " The man's amusment had compleatly dissaphered.
" You want to tell me why the hell your attacking me? " The man had tried to catch her off guard and he attacked again. This time the force knocked her back a couple of steps. She pushed upwards causing his sword to dislodge. She took the opportunity to give him a round house kick. He was cought off guard this time but recovered quick enought to grab her boot and flip her upwards she flipped through the air but landed in a crouch on her her feet. The guy came at her again. He attacked but she blocked. Finally, she saw an opening for her to become the offensive and took it. She kicked him in the wrist then swung her sword catching his stomach. It wasn't a bad wound, actually clost to a scratch than a slice but since it wasn't deep it would hurt for a while. It bled quite a bit for a shallow wound. He touched the blood that seeped and looked at it. Then did something she didn't expect. He kicked her. She flew back and hit the wall a few feet off the ground. Before she knew it, the guy had taken her dropped sword and thrown it. It caught her right below her sturnum. She was pinned to the wall. She look surprized then sick then her head fell forward limp. Her whole body went limp. The guy smiled a little then sheathed his own sword. Shame such skill was wasted but hell, she was good. I'm getting better. I wish it could have been diffrent Diablo, and started to walk away from her. Gabriel hung there blood dripping to the floor painting the eyes of the skull on her sword.

Gabriel's eyes opened. She coughed then chuckled. The guy looked surprized as he turned around and saw her pull the sword out of the wall. She landed in a slight crouch the stood. She started to remove the sword. " Sorry, " she started. " Try again kid. " The guy and Gabriel both brought out their guns and both were aimed at the oposite. Trinity and Destiny pointed at the figure holding a double barraled magnum. It fit in his smooth hand even though it looked large.
" Why did you kill Tesk? Get bord with his class? " " Yes actually, it was the longest class of the day. Nobody liked him. Why do you ask? You one of his fleabag pack? I should find his pack and pay them a visit. " " I hate demons that kill for fun. " Gabriel actually chuckled." Well, that makes two of us. Now tell me why the hell your trying to kill me. " " You killed Tesk for no reason. They said it was a kidnapping that went wrong. I saw you stay after his class. " " Look kid, he had me stay after class so he could attack me. He though I was the white demon but then realized he was wrong. He didn't think I was a hunter either so he figured I was going to be an easy snack. He attacked me. I admit I was waiting to kill him though. " Gabriel saw the young man considering her story. " If I really was a heartless killer, I would still be trying to fight you. Right now I dont have time for games. If your smart you'll walk away and forget this ever happened. " Gabriel Holstered Destiny on her left thigh but kept trinity in her hand. She picked up the two bottles of drink and headed through the door. The dog followed her. Flyn looked irritated. " I heard blades. Who'd you piss off now? Why is there a dog following you? " Gabriel tossed him the bottles of Izzie. " I'm the one whos pissed. Some prick thinking that I killed Tesk for no reason. Demon of course. Damaged my vest. Glad I still have 20 of them in the closet. " She put Trinity back in it's holster on her right thigh and took out her sword. She gave it a few practice swings that pulled all the blood off. " Who's blood is that? " " Mine. "
" Thought I told you to be careful, " Flyn shook his head then looked up towards the house. "Who's he? " Gabriel shook her head.
" Prick who sliced my vest. Also something I don't have time for. " The guy walked towards the car. He didn't have any wepons out but she wasn't going to take a chance. She unholstered trinity and held it at her side. The man approached. He held out his hand not to Flyn but Gabriel. " Alexander. " Gabriel didn't take his offered hand. " I dont know where you come from but where I come from we dont try and kill each other then introduce yourselves. " Alexander dropped his hand. " Your looking for Angel's brother are you not? " Gabriel looked at him carefully. " Yeah. " Alexander looked serious while Gabriel just kept her eyes narrowed at him. " Just keep the name Sula in your thoughts Diablo. He's involved. " " I figured as much. " Gabriel handed Flyn the locket. " Open it. We need to talk to her again. " Flyn shook his head. " Why? " his tone was irritated. " She was lying. She wasn't pregnant. She didn't act like it. " " Well maybe we were there on a good day. You never know. " Gabriel shook her head. " I only sence two people in the room. You and her. You know I can tell. "
A crash came from the barn. There was a young girl's scream. It sounded like she yelled ' Mommy! '. Gabriel took off sprinting towards the barn. She could hear Alexander behind her. She got to the door and didn't bother stopping to try the knob. She just kicked the small door on the side. Inside was dark but she could smell decay. Alexander opened one of the large double sliding doors to let some light in. In the center of the barn was a young girl. Her hair was long and black with streaks of dark red. She was only around 7 or 8. She was kneeling over a woman's body. The little girl's yellow dress was dirty and there was a blood stain on the front. The body infront of her was Angel. Her skin was a dark grey. She had been there for a while. Alexander looked as Gabriel with a concerned look. Gabriel started towards the girl. She stopped a couple of feet from the girl and kneeled. " Hey, " The girl looked up will hollowed eyes and a dirt covered face. She was clutching something in her hand. It was a pendent like the one he found in the living room. " Who did this? " Her voice wasn't full of sympathy but wasn't compleatly mean, she asked just like she would ask Flyn. The little girl pointed towards the back of the barn. " The monster, " she said in a small voice. Gabriel looked at the girl's closest arm and saw there was a tooth about 2 inches long sticking out. It was a bluish color and curved. It looked like a teether's tooth but they were never blue. There was a crash in the back of the barn. The Girl startled but didn't move. She just started running her fingers through her mothers long, loose metalic blond hair.
From the dark back of the barn, there was a deep nasel screetch. It sounded like an owl with mucus comming out of it's beak trying to scream. From darkness, the thing apphered. It looked like a normal Teether except it's teeth were diffrent shades of black and blue and purple. Its raspy call eccoed in the barn causing the doves and pigions to startle and fly out of a hole in the roof. Gabriel grabbed the girl and handed her to Alexander. " Get her out of here now! " Alexander looked hesitant but nodded and ran with the child towards the car. Gabriel unholstered Destiny and pointed both Trinity and Destiny at the demon. She let twelve rounds total pump into the creatures torso. A spray of orange blood that was contrasting against it's purplish body. It fell face first into the dirt but didn't disolve. " Dont mess around with me. " Gabriel said irritated. She walked over to the thing and put a few rounds in it's skull. It disintagrated. She felt something was wrong. She turned around and there was another Teether with the same teeth as the last one. This one was offensive and attacked without warning. She pulled out Vengence just in time to block the thing's sharp claws from shreadng her face. She was locked in battle with the thing. She got a couple of shots in it from Trinity, destiny was holstered safely.
The thing screamed as a slug went through it's eye. It's claws waved eating up the air as it stumbled around blindly. Gabriel took this as her chance to search the body. She found yet another lion locket on Angel's cold neck. In her jeans pocket were a few letters and in her fight breast pocket was a small diary. The teether had found her again. She heard it scream in rage and was about to shoot where she heard the hissing from a pressured hose. Right behind the creature was a gas pump. The creature had sliced the line. Alexander had been running towards the barn and she saw him almost there. " NO! RUN! IT"S GONNA BLOW! " Alexander's eye lighted in understanding. " Hurry! " he yelled. Gabriel started running towards the large double doors when yet another teether blocked her exit.
" Sorry kids, I don't have time to play right now. " Gabriel aimed Trinity at the gas pump and fired a round. A fireball consumed the entire barn. Flyn was standing by the car when he heard Alexander and Diablo yelling. He saw Diablo shoot at somthing and the entire barn erupt in a fireball. He saw a black mass in the side of the grass move. He though it was just a peice of debre but then he saw it stand. It was Diablo. She must have used the energy from the explosion to get through the side door. Alexander was making his way towards her. He reached out to help her but he dropped his arms quickly. " Humph, " smiling. Alexander would learn soon enough that Diablo hated help. They both walked up to Flyn. Alexander looked irritated as did Gabriel. " You ever do that again Diablo, I'll have to kick your but myself. " Gabriel smirked. " I'd like ta' see ya' try. " Flyn smiled. " Come on, lets get going. Alexander can ride in the back. " Gabriel sighed. " What are you talking about? " " He's comming with us. " Gabriel jerked her head and Flyn follwed her to a tree that wasn't far from the car but far enough from hearing distance.
" You realize he tried to kill me. I don't like him. He's hiding something. " " And so are you. I know who his parents were. He's a good ally to have. Weather you think that you need help or not, I can't just let this kid walk out. I promised his parents I would help him. I promised his sister that- " Flyn rubbed the back of his neck. " Look Diablo. I know you don't like this but we don't have a choice. Not with Sula involved. " Gabriel looked back at the car to see alexander looking over the fields that were in the distance. He looked thoughtful. " Fine. He makes one wrong move he's going to be missing an extremity or a few. " No matter what Gabriel said, she didn't like Alexander becuase he was so much like her. He had come back to help her after the explosion. Most people would be grateful someone would come back for them so why wasn't she?

Gabriel never realized how long she had slept in the car on the way to the farm house. It was a 17 hour drive. Alexander offered to drive and even though he didn't have a licence, him being 16 like Gabriel, Flyn took up his offer. They pulled over at a rest stop and Flyn traded spots with Alexander. The little girl was curled up beside the dog in the back seat. Gabriel, no matter how hardened and irritated she seemed on the outside, didn't have the heart to leave the dog behind to starve or get attacked. Flyn fell right to sleep when they got back on the road. They were still in Illinois. They had been driving for 4 hours and now it was dark. Gabriel couldn't fall asleep if she wanted to. The trip back to Ohio was going to be a long one. Gabriel pulled a Skillet CD out of the center console and put it in the CD player that was inside the Jeep and kept the volume low. Alexander started tapping on the steering wheel in time with the beat to the song Awake and Alive. Gabriel glanced at him then couldn't help but let the music relax her muscles. Her head started bobbing in time with the music.
" I knew it, " Gabriel didn't expect Alexander to speak. " What are you talking about? " She did her best to sound irritated. " Your not the hardened smart-ass you try to be. "" Humph. Try me when I haven't went on a job for a week, " Gabriel sounded irritated. Alexander chuckled. " I can just imagine what you put Flyn through. " Alexander sighed." Look, I have no right to ask but I have a feeling your running from something. " " Your right. You have no right. " Alexander took a deep breath in and released it quickly. " I'm sorry. I know we all have our issues we have to deal with. " " It's fine. Your right. We all have our own demons to fight. " Gabriel shrugged out of her coat and used a flashlight to give her some light to look at her arrm. She didn't have time to after the explosion. She had felt as though something bad was going to happen. Alexander had gotten restless too. Alexander glanced over and his eye's flashed with concern. " You okay? " Gabriel nodded as she grabbed a small roll of bandages out of her bag along with a bottle of rubbing alochol. " Yeah. Teether. I'll be fine. I heal fast. " " I've noticed. " He gestured towards his sturnum.Gabriel cut the sleeve off of her shirt and put the flashlight. between her teeth. There were 3 purplish teeth in her arm. Atleast it's in my left arm instead of my right, she thought. She pulled on one of the teeth. She noticed it was serrated on the inside curve so they stick in the skin and cant be removed easily. They had removed the little girls tooth earlier. It didn't have an edge like these though. Gabriel grabbed the tooth and yanked. Alexander heard her sharp intake of breath.
" Do you need some help? " " No! Juss keep dwiving, " Gabriel ordered around the flashlight. Flyn moved in the back seat. He'd been sleeping for the past 4 hours. He streatched and yawned. He noticed the flashlight and Gabriel's procedure. " Im gonna kill you Diablo. " He leaned forwards and took the flashlight from her mouth. " I'd like to see an old man like you try. " Gabriel grabbed a small towl out from under her seat and put it under her arm. She then pored the alochol on her wound. Alexander saw her jaw clench and her breathing become a couple of heaving breaths before she relaxed a little. " Diablo, why didn't you tell me about this before we left? " Flyn actually sounded fatherly. Gabriel had an even tone. " I wanted to get out of that place. Something bad was comming. Something that I didn't want you or that girl around. It was powerful. " Flyn mumbled somthing as they pulled the other two teeth our and poured the alochol over the wounds. Flyn then wrapped a small amount of guaze around the wound that was now covered in anti-biotics. " You just carry antibiotics, towls and bandages everywhere you go? " Gabriel started putting everything back. " Yeah. When your in my line of work, you learn to be prepared. " Flyn announced he was going back to sleep. He said the alochol smell woke him up. Flyn started snoring shortly after. They drove on listening to the songs.
" Why are you afriad? " Gabriel just started out the windsheild. " I'm not. " " Liar. I can sense it. Your afriad of yourself arn't you? " Gabriel glared at him. " You don't know anything. " Her voice was cold. " You'd be surpized. " Gabriel decided to cut her other sleeve off. " Look, I dont trust you. I've know you for at most 4 and a half hours. We met by you basicaly trying to kill me. Sorry if I'm not exactly warming up too quickly. " Alexander looked like he was wanting to say something but decided against it and just shook his head. " Look, I didn't recongnize you. I was there on my job to take care of all those Teethers. I saw your car pull up, " he started to explain. Gabriel just staired out the windsheild. " I didn't know who the hell it was, " he continued. " I saw you walking around. You didn't look like you were there for the scenery. Then I recognized you from the school. The man I was keeping an eye one said that Tesk was killed for no reason. Tesk was one of the most powerful demons on school grounds. " He waited till Gabriel had a chance to take it all in. " So you decided to put a sword to my throat when I came downstairs based on intel from a demon you were sent to kill in the first place. " Gabriel concluded.
" I wasn't sent to kill him. I was sent to make sure he didn't escape from this world. I'm pretty sure that he's a messanger for some higher ups down there. If we can keep intel out of their hands, we might make some progress in finding out what's been going on. I'm sorry. I honestly didn't want to kill you. I kind of got carried away honestly. You and I were closely matched and we were both working hard. " " You got pissed at me for the scratch I gave you. That gave you a bit more strength. " " Yeah. " Gabriel chuckled. " You reminded me of Nero. Getting pissed and just using brute strength then walking away happy thinking you won. " Alexander took his turn at chuckling. " And your just like Dante, you don't know when to give up. " The tension between them relaxed a bit. " Can I know your first name? " Gabriel looked looked at him. He met her gaze and realized that she didn't look hardend but...lighter like she wasn't thinking about every person's problem on the planet. She looked back out her window. " Gabriel. " Alexander smirked. " Isn't that a guy's name? " " Sorry but guess Gabriella was too girly for me. My mom, " she stumbled over the word and had to clear of he throat before she continued. " She said that everytime she put me in something girly like a dress or somthing pink, I tired to take it off. In the hospital, I kept taking the little pink headband off but when they put a blue one on, I left it there. " " I guess you could say you were adament. " " Yeah. My brother and I always wore the same types of cloths. Sure in middleschool, I wore feminie jeans but no pink crap. " Gabriel just started talking like she would talk to one of her old friends, as if she had known Alexander forever. Why did it feel like that? Alexander looked content as she talked.
" Where's you brother now? " Gabriel looked out her window. " I don't know. After my parents died, I had Flyn promise me that he would find my brother a good home away from demons. Flyn promised that he would find him a good family. I havn't see him since. " " How long has it been since you've seen him? " Gabriel thought back. " 4 almost 5 years. We're twins even though we don't look alike. He looks like our mother more than I do. I Got her eyes though. " " That's a long time. Do you have any idea where he is? " Gabriel shook her head and looked sad. " No. He could be in China for all I know. " " You never know. He could be closer than you think. " Gabriel couldn't help but think about her family that had been torn apart because of her father. Her brothers short cut hair. His sort of chubby cheeks. His nose was large on his face and his ears sleek. He had been a head shorter than her even though they were both 12. She shook her head as thinking she could shake away the memories. In the backseat, the little girl sat up. Gabriel turned around in her seat. The little girl streached her arms towards Gabriel. Gabriel helped the girl crawl over the console and set her on her lap. She looked as though she could only be around 7 or 8 but she was too tall. Her pixie features and tan skin contrasting. The girl wrapped her arms around Gabriel's neck and stayed there. Gabriel put her arms around the girl and started rocking her a little. Alexander looked over and smirked. Gabriel's narrowed eyes dared him to say anything smart. He didn't and just kept driving with a small smile.

They made it. They were back at the Dry Eyed Diablo. Alexander looked at the sign and then at Gabriel. " Nice color. " " Oh just shut up. " She started walking towards the door. She never locked it. She walked inside and threw her drench coat on the couch and turned on her I pod to some more Skillet. Flyn carried the little girl through the door and the dog followed. Flyn set the little girl down and started talking with Gabriel about what to do with her. " Can't you just keep her here for a little while until I find her a good home? " " Like I can take care of a kid! You realize how much I'm gone hunting and besides, she's probobly in a lot of danger here me being who I am. " Flyn just brushed her comment aside. " Alexander is staying here too. He can help you. " " Wait a minute! " Fly walked to the kitchen and grabbed a pizza box. He set it on the coffee table and took the little girl over to it. The dog sat infront of Gabriel and just watched her. " What do you want? " she asked irritated. She walked over and sat behind her desk. The little girl walked over to Gabriel's desk and stood there beside her.
" Thank you for saving me. " Gabriel just sat there. " Well, it looks like you can talk. That will make things a whole lot easier. " Gabriels voice was lazy and sort of cranky. The girls voice was soft and higher pitched but not so high pitched she squeeked and was annoying. " What's your name? " Gabriel sighed. " Diablo. " The girl kind of smiled. " I'm Rebeka. Everyone calls me Beka. " Gabriel looked up to see Flyn looking at them with his thoughtful expression. " Is that your mutt Beka? " Gabriel gestured towards the dog that sat beside her. Beka smiled.
" Kind of. She came to our house right before the monsters attacked, a week before I think. She had a collar on and her and Faolana was carved in the leather. She's only about a year or so. She'll get bigger I think. I'm pretty sure she's a Caucasion Shepperd - Wolf hybrid. " Gabriel smiled. This kid was smart. Gabriel looked at the dog. It's head came up to the middle of her ribcage when she was standing. " What do you mean by bigger? " Beka, who's head was even with the dogs ran her fingers through the dogs fur. " I'm pretty sure she'll get taller and heavier. She doesn't have any fat on her, she's just muscle. She's fast too. " Gabriel rolled her eyes. " I know. She tried to take a chunk out of my neck when I opened a closet door. " She said irratated. Beka's frowned. " Sorry. I put her in there so the monsters wouldn't get her like they got my Grandpa. " Flyn decided to speak up. " Come on over here and eat some pizza Beka. You guys can talk some more later. " Beka sat on the couch and ate pizza giving her crusts to the dog. Alexander walked up to Gabriel's desk and leaned against it with his arms crossed over his chest.
" You planning on always being that cold with kids? If so, you're going to be a bad parent. " Gabriel had her board and annoyed look going. " What are you talking about? " Alexander gestured towards the kid. " You called her dog a mutt. By the way, the dog tried to kill you too and you like it enough to bring it home? " Gabriel smiled. " Yeah. I like dogs, I don't like people. And before you ask, no, I still don't like you very well. " Alexander smirked. " We shall see. I promise. " " Good luck with your delusions. " He went over with Flyn to eat pizza leaving Gabriel with a mind that kept thinkning and thinking. RING!RING! Gabriel reached over and picked up the phone. It was an old one, square and and ugly, it was an awqward peach color. She picked it up at a garage sale even though she thought it was the ugliest thing in the world. " Dry Eyed Diablo. " Flyn looked over at her which in turn alerted Alexander. Gabriel sat there listening. " Who is this?" She sounded shocked. Here eyes took on a distant look to them. Then she slammed the phone down and went to the wooden stairs that led up to her bedroom. She made her way up taking two at a time. Alexander stood from his seat on the couch and started towards the stairs but Flyn he grabbed his shoulder. " I'd leave her alone until she comes back down if I were you. " Alexander looked towards the room. He saw Gabriel walk by the opened door carrying another vest. She then came down the stairs. She looked angery but she was trying to hide it. She grabbed her coat and slid it on easily. She grabbed her sword off the table and put it on her back then grabbed Trinity and Destiny and holstered them. Alexander came up her.
" What's going on? " She adjusted her thight holsters as she answered. " Nothing that concerns you. " She headed towards the door. She started talking as she walked. " Flyn, keep an eye on Beka. " She headed out the door. Alexander looked at Flyn. " I can stay with Beka. " he tosse his Jeep Keys to Alexander. " Go with her. " Alexander nodded and headed outside. Flyn opened one of the draws in Gabriel's deska and pulled out a 9 mm handgun. He checked the clip and pulled the slide to chamber a round. " Flyn, where is Diablo going? " Flyn looked over at her. " I don't know but I've never seen her act that way before. " He jerked his head over towards the pool table. " You wanna play? " Beka nodded and grabbed a cue stick. Her chest was even with the table's edge. " How old are you kid? " Beka looked at Flyn with a smile. " I'm 12. " Flyn shook his head and broke. They played for half an hour. Flyn lost. Beka put the cue sticks away in a small rack attached to the wall behind the table. " Do you think Diablo and Alexander are okay? " Flyn gave a small laughed. " I know sure as anything that Diablo is fine. She's probobly just being a smart mouth and taunting the monsters before she kills them right now. Diablo's a strong fighter so don't worry about her. "
The door burst opened and Gabriel walked through. She was angery but mostly shocked. Alexander walked in behind her and shut the door. He tossed the keys to Flyn and looked at Gabriel that was leaning over her desk, hands flat ontop. Flyn walked up beside Gabriel and crossed his arms, Alexander already beside her. " What was that call about? " Gabriel stood up put her hands on her hips. " Angel is what happend. We went and paid her a visit and she was dead. Someone had killed her. All we found were her cloths and a pile of ash. " "So who did it? " Gabriel looked angry again. " I cant be sure but I think I know who. " " Well? Who is it? " Gabriel had looked down at the ground but staired straight at Flyn now. " My father..."

Flyn's mouth dropped open a little. " What? " Gabriel rubbed her temples. " I think it was my father. " Flyn shook his head. " I heard that part but how is that possble? " " I don't know! " She snapped back. Flyn just started rubbing the back of his neck. " The only way he could have escaped the pit would be if someone in our world summoned him. " Gabriel nodded.
" The only one who could have done that would be someone with demon blood in them. He would have to be powerful. " Alexander had stayed quiet until know. " They would have to have a connection to your family. " Gabriel nodded again. Then an idea struck her. She started looking around. " where are those pendents at? The lockets? " The little girl was wearing one, Gabriel had found one in the destroyed living room, and one had been found on the real Angel's body. Gabriel walked over to where Beka was petting and playing with Faolana.

" Beka, can I see your locket? I'll give it back to you, I swear. " Beka nodded and pulled the locket off her neck and handed it to Gabriel. Gabriel took it to her desk and grabbed the other two out of her coat pocket. One the back were all the same saying. " The heart of the lion fears neither harm nor Hell " Gabriel looked at every locket. They were compleatly identical. " These are all identical but something doesn't feel right. It's a puzzle. " Flyn looked at the with Alexander right beside him. Beka came over and stood on Gabriel's side of the table.
" Mommy told me that she would tell me the secreat of the lockets when I was older. She always told me a riddle though! She told me that when I figured it out, I could learn what they were used for. " Gabriel staired at the lockets again. Flyn asked the question that nobody else did. " What was the riddle Beka? " Beka stood thinking. " I think it was, ' Three hearts destined to be together must stay apart for when they come together evil will come into the earth. One will never be like the others and the others never like the one for what is inside of the one will never change'. It took a long time to memorize that. " Gabriel broke the riddle into parts. She took a piece of paper out of a drawer and a pen out of another. " Okay, so we know that the three hearts are the three lockets. " Flyn and Alexander nodded. Alexander took a shot at breaking down another part. " And we know that when the three come together the evil that comes into the earth most probobly means demons are being summoned. " Gabriel nodded as she wrote that down.
" I agree with Alexander. One will never be like the others and the others never like the others for what is inside will never change. I think that means we need to open the lockets. They all had the same pictures in them. " Flyn looked thoughtful again." What if it isn't what it seems? What if them mean deeper than the surface pictures? What if you took the pictures out? " Gabriel and Alexander gently removed the pictures from their spots and layed them below the locket they belonged in. Behind the picture in the first one one the right side of the locket was a picture of a demon. It was Gabriel's father. He was standing in his human form smiling. " Behind the picture was a small jewl, It was In the shape of a heart and it was small enough to fit inside the 5 cm wide locket. Gabriel gave a half smile. " Bingo. " She picked up the stone. It was yellow. Inside her other pocket, she could feel the yellow crystal pendent heat up. She reached in and grabbed the pendent. Both the stone and pendent started glowing. Gabriel layed both about 6 inches apart on the table. Both started spinning. The heart grew in size, about a foot across it's center. There was a big gust of wind and then the heart stopped and sat there. There was a dark watery looking thing in it's center. Gabriel knew what this was, it was a portal. This is how her father was released. Gabriel tapped the surface 3 times with the tip of Vegnece and the portal closed and the heart shrank. She replaced the stone back into the locket and replaced all the pictures. Flyn and Alexander both took a locket and replaced the pictures also. Gabriel handed Beka her locket back, hers didn't have the stone in it. Beka said she was tired so Flyn took her upstairs in Gabriel's bedroom.
" Gabriel, how did you know how to close that portal? " She sighed and looked at Alexander.
" I put a seal simular to that one on my father's prision. I have the crystal though. It doesn't need a stone to open the portal though. " " So how did Angel and Beka know how to open your father's portal? " Gabriel shook her head. " I have no idea. " She sighed. " My father was gone most of the time. He said he was on jobs, helping humans. Maybe this Angel woman was one of his clients. That would be a connection, no a strong one but there would still be one. " Alexander shook his head slightly. " No, no. You might be onto somthing. There would be a strong connection. If your father protected this woman, she would call upon him to help her protect her daughter. That would be a connection. " Gabriel nodded. " I guess so. " Flyn came down the stairs after he shut her bedroom door. He made his way over to the two. Gabriel was sitting on the edge of her desk and Alexander was infront of her. " Beka's out like a light. " He looked at his watch. It said it was close to midnight. " I'm going to go home for a while. " Gabriel nodded. " Night Flyn. " Flyn left the building. Gabriel rubbed the back of her neck and sighed. Alexander saw straight through her front. " How much sleep have you gotten? " " Plenty. " Alexander unhostered his Magnum and started checking it over. Gabriel started checking over her own guns. Alexander saw two words etched into her two guns.
" What's etched on your guns? " Gabriel smiled and held up Trinity. " Trinity, " she held up Destiny. " And Destiny. The sword is Vengence. " Alexander laughed a little. " Glad I'm not the only one who names their wepons. " He held up his magnum. " Zero. " Gabriel smiled. She set her guns on the table along with her sword. She shed her drench coat and her vest leaving her in a loose black shirt that used to have sleves. She set her vest on the desk and the coat went on the back of her chair. She took her boots off too. She walked into the kitchen that was through an archway on the far back wall as you come in. It was small but big enough for a small sink a couple of cabinates, and a refrigerator. Her washer and dryer were upstairs in her room. There was a shower through a small door in the kitchen. What she called the living room was the largest room in the place and her bedroom wasn't too small either but it came cheep and besides, she liked the secludedness of the place. She walked back out with two bottles of water. She tossed one to Alexander. He had removed his coat also and placed it on the coat rack. His gun was next her hers as was his sword. She just noticed that he also wore a vest just like hers except his was dark green as hers was dark blue. He wore a black shirt close to her style but it was a bit more form fitting yet loose enough in the arms he could move comfortably too. She took in his features.
I wonder what my brother would look like right now, she thought. She stopped starring.

" Where'd you get your style? " Alexander sighed. " My sister and I both learned from our mother. She told us that leather was tough, durrable, and even if it got warm, it would protect us well on top of looking good. We always liked the open drench coats so we could slip away easily if something got a hold of the coat. I ever really like the hood but she did. " He talked so matter of factly but that wasn't what unnerved Gabriel. Gabriel's mother had said the same thing about her brother and her, the same reasoning behind using leather instead of cloth. " She sounds like she was really smart." Alexander nodded and sat on the couch. " She was, " he said sadly. Gabriel sat on the other end of the couch. She took a couple of swigs of water. " Whats that? " Alexander asked questionly. " What's what? " She glanced down at her right shoulder. There was a little bit of blue glowing. She gasped and pulled what was left of her shirt over her shoulder. She stood up and walked behind the couch. " I'm sorry. You shouldn't have seen that. " Alexander stood up and walked behind the couch too but kept his distance. " Your a demon arn't you. " There was no question in his voice. " Yes, " she snapped. " You knew that already though. " Alexander looked at her with a sadness. " I'm sorry Gabriel. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. " Gabriel held her shoulder, hiding the glowing pattern on her skin. " But, " Alexander continued. " Do you realize that your one of the very few demons who hold the power to destroy- " " Everything. I know. " she said sadly. " I know Alexander. Thats the reason my mother is dead. Becuse of what I am. My father knew I was a danger to his master so her was following his master's order to bring me to him so he could devower my power. My mother tried to stop him. I found her dying and I couldn't save her. " Gabriel looked sadly towards the floor. " I was to late. My father came back and I attaked him. I barely survived but I defeated him. His master would bring him back and I knew that so I put a seal on his hellish prision. " " The crystals. " Alexander had walked closer to her. " Yeah. My mother was an angel. She believed that she could turn my father to work for God. He became drunk for the want of power. He was willing to kill everyone of his family. " Alexander put his fingers under her chin and made her look at him. " It wasn't your fault Gabriel. There was nothing you could have done diffrent. " Gabriel looked into his eyes. There was something about them, something famililar. She gasped. " Alex? Is that you? " Alex smiled and nodded. Gabriel dropped her bottle of water and threw her arms around his neck. " Oh my god! Alexander! " She started mumbling. Alexander hugged her back tightly. He couldn't believe it. He had found her at last. He had finally found his sister.

Gabriel was up before anyone else. Her clock on her wall beside the door said it was about 5:20. Gabriel had fallen asleep upstairs on the floor beside the bed. She kept her guns beside her pillow. She only got about 3 hours of sleep because she was up talking to her brother. Her brother had found her. She didn't know how but he was here, Alexander was here. Was that why Flyn was so adimament about his staying with her? Why hadn't he said anything to her? Maybe he didn't even know. Gabriel got dressed in her normal thin black shirt and black jeans that were boot cut yet sort of form fitting around her thighs and butt. They were comfortable but streached a lot so she could kick, climb, and pretty much anything. She grabbed her black leather gloves out of her top dresser drawer and carried them downstairs. She glanced at the demon skin that was hanging on the wall. She sighed. Her very first demon, besides her father. She walked down and sat at her desk after putting on her vest. She set her laptop on her desk and turned it on. She checked around about mysterious dissapherences. One was a woman by the name of Angel Holder. The artical said that all that was found were claw marks all over the house along with a pile of ash in the living room. One of the detectives said " In some places it looked at though some one had went on a joy ride with a giant axe. There were slices and grooves all over the place. " Gabriel smiled. " Humph. " She scrolled through the pictures seeing if there was anything she could have missed when they were at the house. Nothing that she could see at the moment. There was no sign of her father except for the slices in the walls and furniture.

She heard footsteps in a corner of the shop. It was the far, top right corner by the window from her point of veiw. It was pitch dark but she could make out the shape of a man standing there. She reached for Trinity. She stood keeping her eyes locked with the figure. Her stomach clenched. Before she could call out to the figure, it started making it's way towards her. It stopped when it was directly infront of her desk. She trained Trinity on the figure. It definatly wasn't Alexander and it was way too tall for Beka. Flyn's footsteps were diffrent. It started to chuckle a little. " Please don't shoot. I'm just a messanger. " Gabriel's eyes stayed narrowed but she smiled a little. " Maybe the sender should learn not to send his messangers into places where they can get shot for tresspassing. " The man walked a little closer but stopped when Gabriel warned him. " Hold it there before I have a chance to give you a nose peircing that goes straight through your skull. " The man chuckled. His medium bass voice was welcoming. " I swear I'm only here to deliver a message and maybe help you in your quest to destroy your father once and for all. " Gabriel showed no emotion. Who is this guy and how could he know about my plan when I wasn't even sure, she thought. " Dont move a muscle or I'll have to insist on giving you that free pircing. " The man shifted from one leg to the other as she made her way to the light switch that turned on the ceiling fan and a small chandelier that was right over her desk. She made her way back to her desk. Trinity's gaze never left the man.
He really was beautiful. She noted that his features were fair. His nose was kind of large but not too large or too pointy. His somewhat spiked hot fudge colored hair and lightly tanned features contrasted greatly with his crystal clear, green eyes. He wore jeans and a white tee shirt that showed he had some muscles. He wasn't a body builder but his wide frame made her think of a brick wall. A brick wall that can fall with one stratigic removal of one brick, she thought to her self. " I would start talking if I were you. Who you are to begin with. " The guy had an expression that was somewhat like admiration. " My name is Sula. " He put his hands up in defnese. " Pleas don't shoot yet. Tesk, he lied to you! " Sula babbled as if he was scared for his life. Gabriel's narrowed eyes didn't change at all. " How do I know your not lying? " Sula sighed. " You don't. I was assigned to watch over him to makesure he didn't do something stupid like open a portal to the underworld and release certain demons. " Gabriel humphed again. " Little late for that one don't you think? My father was released already. " Sula's eyes grew wide. " I'm sorry I failed. I'm also sorry for what happened between you and your father. He was a great man before Lucifer talked him into, well, you know. " " Bringing me to Lucifer so he could devour me and my power. " The man nodded " Yes. " Gabriel pointed towards the chair leaning against the wall. It was an old metal fold up chair. " Go ahead. Just remember, this isn't a squirt gun, " She jerked her head towards her sword that was laying on the table. " This isn't a butter knife either. " The man nodded and moved slowly towards the chair and carried it to where he was sitting infront of the desk. He unfolded it slowly and sat in it leaning back against the cool metal back. There was a moan type sound that came from the couch where Alexander was sleeping.
God, he can sleep like a rock, she thought. She saw him stand up off the couch rubbing the back of his neck. She cleared her throat. " Alex? " Alexander turned around and took in the scene before him. " Morining Gabby. Who's your friend? " " Messenger, " Sula corrected. Alexander bobbed his head slightly sideways as he spoke. " Messenger. " Gabriel ignored Alexander as he put his shirt back on, which was laying on the coffee table. " What is the message? " Sula took a deep breath in as if gathering strength. " My master, Leegoi, has looked into the brazen basin. It is a basin made of bronze that a blue and yellow flame burn. There is no wood or anything as a fuel scouce. We believe it is some of the left over power of God from when he banished Lucifer from heaven. " Gabriel rolled her eyes. " Don't care about the history. " Sula nodded. " Of course. We can see prophicies, missions, jobs of what needs to be done. We saw the day your father went beserk, everything. Then we saw...well..." Alexander looked annoyed this time. " Say it. " Sula looked reluctant. " We saw your mother. Your mother's alive. " It felt as though all the breath had been ripped from Gabriel's lungs. Her eyes betrayed her shock. Trinity's train on Sula's head fell to the floor. " What? " Her voice was just a bit more than a wisper. She saw Alexander's narrowed eyes trained on Sula. She watched him too. He didn't seem to be lying. " You have to believe me. You are the only one who can protect her from your father. Your the only one strong enough to destroy him once and for all. If you don't he will try to rule both the human and demon realms. Demons will take over the earth. You can't let that happen. If it does, it will be hell on earth. Every living thing will be a slave to the demons or die. " Gabriel put on her gloves after she holstered Trininty and put on her coat. She put Vengence on her back. " Where is my mother demon? " " Your mother is just north of the town. Do you know that church down by the highschool? " Gabriel nodded. " She'll be there. I fear your father will- " There was a scream from upstairs. The Faolana barked and started growling then Gabriel heard a yelp.
" Rebeka! " Gabriel glanced at the chair where Sula was and he had dissaphered. Gabriel didn't bother taking the stairs. She jumped up over the balcony and kicked the door in. Faolana was laying near the foot of the bed trying to get up. She was still growling even though her growl was full of pain. There was a figure that had a thrashing Rebeka over it's shoulder. It was a suit of armor. It had puplish light seeping out of the cracks in the suit. There were spikes studding all over the armor. The last time she had seen this armor was 4 years ago. It was her father.

Sorry if Gabriel isn't a strong character until closer to the end! I didn't want her to seem fake so I just let her personality and character bloom and grow.

" No. " Gabriel's voice wasn't a wisper but it wasn't loud neither. She heard her brother land as he jumped over the banister also. It was 6 feet from the ground virticaly. Her brother kneeled beside Faolana but kept his eyes glued to the figure in the room. Gabriel had a sliding door that she never used on the right side of her bedroom. It led to a small laniai type place. The door was opened and the cool night air floated in. Her father stood there and started to laugh. " Well, well,well. You've grown. " Gabriel kept her mouth shut. She didn't trust her voice to reveal her shock. Her expression was her normal one with narrowed eyes.
" I can see that your stonger in your hunting skills now. " " Put the girl down and I'll give you a demonstration right now. " Her voice was angery but she had a lighter tone to it. She was taunting him just like she would any other demon. Her father chuckled. " I'll have a chance to see it soon. " He jumped out the window. Gabriel ran out and jumped off the laniei and landed in the street. A car was comming. She did a backflip and landed out of the way of the oncomming vehical. Her fist clenched. She walked back to the Dry Eyed Diablo and started packing her bag. Alexander was comming down the stairs. He was carrying Faolana in his arms. She was licking his face. He set her down infront of the desk.
" She'll be fine. It seems that he tossed her against your wall. It shocked her I think but there was no permenet damage except to you wall. " Alexander grabbed his magnum off the coffee table and hostered it. He had a hoster on the small of his back. It was easy to access though. He placed his sword on his back. Gabriel packed antibiotics some numbing medication. Her laptop came too along with some water and some money. She grabbed her I pod and put it in her pocket. Alexander stood there waiting patiently. " What's all that stuff for? " " I'm not going to leave anything to chance. Not anymore. " She flipped over the flap then secured it by the button. It was a long wooden one that fit through the openning then turned so that it wouldn't come undone. She headed towards the door with alexander right behind her. The clock by the door said it was 6 o' clock in the morning. She heard Flyn's Jeep. She ran out the door with alexander and Faolana right behind her. Flyn was just starting to get out of his Jeep when he saw the trio running towards his jeep. " Great...Not here for 5 minutes before I turn into a slave. " Flyn got back in the Jeep and Put the keys in the ignition. He put the thing in reverse just as they all got in, Gabriel in the front and Alexander in the back. " Steadfast Presbytarian church. " Flyn nodded and peeled out onto the street. He put a small light ontop of his car, left over from his days as a full fledged detective. They sped out of town and past the school and dinner. They took a right at the gas station that was on the right just a short distance from the school. Down the road was a larger church and a bunch of houses. They crested the large hill and right in sight was a medium sized church. It's outside was white and the windows looked like stained glasss. Flyn pulled into the parking lot to the side. They all got out and The trio took off up the ramp. Flyn walked. The glass door was locked but not for long. Gabriel kicked the door shattering the glass and breaking the lock on the door.
They stood in the tiny foyer that was the size of her kitchen. There was a large set of wooden doors that seperated the foyer. The sanctuary was large and ecoed. It wasn't a cathedral but it had some accustics. It's upper walls were white and the lower walls were a pink color. Every window was stained glass. To her right was a stained glass window the size of the wall. It was a beautiful church. The pews were hard wood and so was the floor. Alexander unholstered Zero as she unhostered her own guns. They walked down the isle towards the front. The last time she was here, it was a warm and welcoming feeling. Now it just felt wrong. Faolana wined. Gabriel glanced down at her and saw what she was wining for. There used to be a table sitting at the end of the isle, now it was a casket. It was black with gold trims. The top was opened. Gabriel's gut clenched. Please don't let us be too late. Please let it not be mom or Beka, Gabriel thought pleadingly. They made their way towards the casket. Gabriel walked up and looked in it. " No! Beka! " She shook Rebeka's shoulders. She was alive but unconcious. " Beka! Wake up! " Alexander started to help Gabriel pick Beka up out of the casket but not before a laughed interupted them. Both Gabriel and Alexander turned to see the intruder. It wasn't their father, it was the messanger. He had a golden robe type thing on over his white shirt and jeans. He had the same eyes and hair and features but he didn't seem fearful now. He stood in the isle walking up towards them clapping his hands.
" Bravo! Bravo! I have to say, I didn't think you would come here so willingly for a child you barely know. " Gabriel narrowed her eyes and stood defensivly infront of the casket. " I have to say I didn't expect to see you so soon. Come for that peircing I offerd? " Sula smiled. " I don't have time for your games. " " What a coincedence, neither do I. " Sula walked towards the then sat in one of the pews to her right. " Why don't tell me why your here? " Gabriel sounded confident. Sula's smiled grew. " I figured you were smarter. Don't you see? I'm here for the finale! " Gabriel and Alexander just looked at him. Sula shook his head. " I guess I'll just have to show you. " He waved his hand and a simmering black puddle surounded by yellow designs opened under Gabriel and Alexander and they fell through the shimmering substance. Gabriel and Alexander were gone.

Please comment!

Gabriel landed on her feet where as Alexander landed on his back. All his air woofed out of him and he groaned as he got to his feet. Gabriel looked around them. It looked like the church but it was dark, disgusting, and destroyed. The roof was ripped off in places. There were streaks of blacks and browns and reds. Everything was dark. The pews had been scratched and gouged. A couple of the pews had fallen apart. The piano that was to the left of the pulpet looked as though burning it would be a mercy. The casket was gone, replaced by a stone cross. Gabriel touched the cross. It was cold and smooth. Alexander stood close to her. She walked out to the foyer and looked out of what was left of the door. Everything was dark and gloomy. The headstones from the cemetary across the street were falling over one by one and some were weathering away slowly. In the distance a fire was burning. A horse ran past, it's eyes rolled back to where the whites showed. Gabriel walked back into the sactuary. " We fell through a portal. This is a diffrent dimension. " They heard clapping agian. Gabriel held her guns up as she searched for the source fo the sound. She heard Sula's voice.
" Well, well, well. Look what the cat drug in. I would like to be the first to welcome you. " Gabriel turned around and saw him sitting at the foot of the cross. He outstreached his arms.
" Welcome to your grave! " Gabriel smirked and laughed. " Good luck with that. Do you realize how many demons before you have said that? " " Many, I know. I've watched you ever since that day. " Gabriel shook her head. " Your not the first to say that and you wont be the last either. Besides, when I kill you, there'l be one less stalker in the world " Sula smiled.
" We shall see. I will give you a choice though. One choice is you die. " Alexander moved infront of Gabriel slightly telling Sula that he would have to go through Alexander first. Sula's smile shrunk a little. " Or, you can stay by my side and rule with me. " Gabriel snorted. " Why would you think I would want to do the same thing I killed my father for? " " If you choose the first option, I will have no choice but to kill everyone you care about before I finish you. "
Gabriel sighed. " Your right. I should have been smarter than this. I should have killed you before in my office. " Sula smiled wider. " Yes, you should have. I don't have time for these games. Make your choice. " Gabriel rolled her eyes. " I choose the option where I get to kill you. " Sula sighed. " I wish you would have chose diffrently. I truly wanted you by my side. " Sula snapped his fingers and dissaphered. Gabriel turned back to back with Alexander. " Stay together. " Alexander nodded and holstered Zero and unsheithed his sword. Shadows moved in the corners of the church but never manifested. Gabriel started walking towards the pulpet. Something blindsided her. Trinity fell from her hand but she got a few rounds in the shadow from Destiny. The shadow removed it's self. Gabriel got up and saw 3 shadows attacking Alexander. " Alex! " she yelled. She ran to him hostering Destiny and removing Vengence. She cut through one of the shadows and lunged through another as Alexander decapitated the third. Sula's laughter ecoed in the destroyed church. There were shadows everywhere. They were attacking Gabriel and Alexander relentlessly. When one was cut down, three more took it's place. Alexander cried out and Gabriel wipped around to see what happend. Shadows covered him as he fought against them. " NO! " she tried to run to him but she couldn't for all the shadows attacking her.
What were these things? They had no form, they were just shadows but they had such strength. There was a large shadow in the shape of a man that she came face to face with. It's eyes were crystal green. The shadow lifted his hand and every shadow in the building attacked her. They hit her with the force of a train. It wasn't like they were stabbing her, it was just the feeling of a throusand rocks hitting her. She heard Alexander yell her name. Vengence was ripped from her grasp. She felt her shoulder heat up but she pushed down the sensation. No, she would not use her demon form. She would rather die than use that part of her. The ground dissaphered from beneith her. Something slammed into her back and pinned her there. She opened her eyes to see a Shadow turn into Sula. He kicked Alexander in the side which caused Alexander to slam into a wall. Sula walked up to gabriel. She realized she was pinned to the stone cross. Sula smiled sadly. " I really do wish you would have chosen diffrently. I'll give you one more chance. What is your choice? " Gabriel narrowed her eyes at Sula, her heaving breathing the only sign she felt the pain from her last attacks. " Alex! " Sula looked angry. He snapped his fingers. Shadows gathered behind the cross and shot forward. They were in the shapes on spears. There were twelve of them that shot through Gabriel. She cried out. A couple drops of Gabriel's blood landed on Sula's cheek. He wiped them off with a thumb and tasted it. Gabriel had dropped her head.
" I can taste the power that is with in you Gabriel Diablo. I can taste the power that flows from your father and mother to you. " Gabriel's voice was strong and confident and didn't betray her pain. " Go to hell Sula. " Sula smiled. " I'm not ready to go back home just yet." He spread out his arms. His figure shimmered as it changed from Sula to her father. It was her father's voice that beckoned. " Make your choice. " Gabriel's expression didn't change. " I should have known. This was all a trap. Angel, you killed the real one and took her shape. You knew I would find the adress and go there. You knew that Rebeka would be there and that I would protect her. You knew that when she was kidnapped I would go to the church. Thats where you were waiting to take my life. " Sula started clapping. " Well done my dear. Your not as dumb as you thought. What I don't understand is why you don't use your demon form? You could destroy me right here, right now just by changing form. Why don't you? " The shadows removed themselves and shot through her body again. Gabriel tried not to cry out as the shadows attacked yet again but didn't succeed. Sula snapped his fingers and one of the shadows handed him Vengence. He looked over it as Gabriel's head dropped yet again. Sula walked up to the foot of the cross and used the tip to push her head up. In the past of watching Gabriel, even before her father went berserk, she never looked defeated. Now, she looked as though she was ready to pass out and give up. " Your not allowed to leave us yet. " Gabriel saw that Alexander was getting to his feet. Alexander walked down the isle towards Sula. Sula smiled and held Vengence up.
" You cant defeat me boy. " Alexander looked at Gabriel. " I know, but I have to try. " He held his own blade up. The two came together with a skull peircing ring of metal hitting metal. Both swung and stabbed, blocked and weaved. Alexnder held his own even though he barely had a chance to be on the offensive. " Gabriel! You have to change! " he yelled to his sister. Gabriel's head raised a little. " Never, " she wispered. Sula kicked Alexander who flew through the old, rotting pews. Sula's hand raised and Alexander flew against the wall. Two shaddow daggers flew towards him. One struck each of his wrists and two more under his arms. " Sorry boy, but I cant have you sufficating before you watch your sister. " Sula carried Vengence to the foot of the cross again. " Gabriel! Please Gabriel! You have to change! You have to accept it! If you don't stop him, he's going to kill everything in the world! He will release every demon from Hell! Gabriel! " Alexander kept shouting trying to convice Gabriel. Sula saw that even a demon's body could only take so much abuse. Her wounds were healing but slowly. Sula smiled. " I've given you a second chance, something God never gave us. You never thought you were pretty but I always thought you were beautiful. " He held Vengence right infront of her heart. " You know, in a way I hoped that you would defeat me. " He plunged the blade into Gabriel's chest, into her heart.

" Noooo! " Alexander screamed. Sula turned as started to walk away from Gabriel's crucified body. Her blood poured over Vengence, the cross, the floor. Gabriel's I Pod started playing Awake and Alive. " I'm at war with the world and they try to pull me into the dark. Stuggle to find my faith as I'm slippin' from your arms! " Sula turned around to see where the music was comming from. " It's getting harder to stay awake and my faith is fading fast! You breath into me at last! " Gabriel's chest started rising and falling. Her head lifted and she looked at Sula.
" I'm awake! I'm alive! Now I know what I believe inside." Gabriel's eyes glowed. One was bright blue and the other a darkish purple. " Now it's my time and I'll do what I want 'cause this is my life here, right now I'll stand my ground and never back down." Gabriel grasped the handle of vengence and pulled it out. She fell to the ground in a crouch but stood. " I know what I believe inside I'm awake and I'm alive! " Gabriel took off her coat and her vest. Her body transformed in a light that swirled around her.
Her right arm turned a bluish white color while her left turned blackis blue. The right side of her face turned a blushish white color that contrasted with her purple eye as the left side turned the blackish blue color. Her legs were armored as was her chest. Her leg armor reminded Alexander of high heeled boots that coved her entire legs. They were black with purple light shining from a design that looked like veins that swooped and swirled in an intricate paturn. The patturn on her right shoulder sprouted the same pattern as on her legs across her arm and half of her chest and stomach except it was blue on her right side and purple on the left side. Her face was kind of pointed at the chin with sharp features. Blue light glowed in lines that expanded from her right eye and purple from her left. Vengence's wings glowed purple as the skull glowed blue. The blade glowed blue with a purple outline. Her stomach was two toned just like the rest of her upper torso and interlaced blue and purple lines expanded from her belly button. Alexander's mouth dropped open when he saw something unfurl from behind Gabriel's back. Her wings spand was about 6 feet from tip to tip. They were lush and luminesent. They were a combination of white, black, blue, and purple. Her wings were high set on her back. Gabriel took a couple of steps towards Sula who started laughing.
" Nice trick my dear. Very nice trick, but you see, I also know how to perform magic tricks. " Sula closed his eyes then opened them again. The beautiful crystal green color was replaced with crystal clear red. Sula's smiled brodened. His arms grew in size with the rest of his body. His cloths fell away in a smoldering pile. His skin turned diffrent hughs of orange and red and yellow. A tail flicked back and fourth behind him. His feet changed to clawed paws along with his ands. His claws were dark blue. Six horns sprouted on his body, straight down his back along with one on each side of his rump. His tail was that of a snake that was covered in spikes also. Two long fangs hung over his lower lip as his face morphed into one that reminded Gabriel of a dragon except that the muzzle was smashed close to his face and his eyes were hidden inside under a large protuding brow. He laughed. " You see Halfbreed, I can too change shape. " Gabriel stood still and said nothing. Her face showed no expression. Sula roared. " You will never have to power to destroy me. " Gabriel's eyes close then opened as she gazed at Sula intensly. " This will be your grave demon. Just as eventualy it will be mine but I cannot die yet. My mission is not yet complete. " her voice wasn't her own. Sula just laughed.
Sula suged forward with lightning speed. His claws shreded the air where Gabriel stood just moments ago. She landed lightly behind him her wings blowing a gust of wind that blew the creature into the rotting palpet. It got to it's feet screaming in rage. " You will pay for that Halfbreed! " He lunged again. Gabriel blocked his claws with her sword pushing him backwards. Her sword swung downwards Slicing off one of his hands. He bellowed in pain. Gabriel pushed off the ground with her wings and kicked the creature square in the chest knocking him on the ground. She looked at Alexander still pinned to the wall. Her eyes flashed and the shaddows dissintegrated. She looked back at Sula who was now getting back up. She picked up Destiny and shot three rounds into the creature before it attacked again. It's tail shot out 6 spikes, all but one missed her. The one that got her hit her in the shoulder. She looked at it then pulled it with the same expression she's had the entire time, nothing. The only thing that showed any hint of emotion was her eyes which were narrowed. She pulled the spike out she threw it down on the ground. She ran forwards and jumped bounching off the creatures scrunched face. She flew through the air landing on one knee. Her sword had sliced through the thing's tail. It lay writhing on the floor. Gabriel flew and landed right infront of the creature and kicked it. It slamed against the cross. Gabriel picked up the sword Sula had dropped and threw it. It pirced the creatures stomach and the stone behind it, the hilt was barried in the creatures stomach. The creatures heart was destroyed. Sula's eyes grew wide.
" No," he started as Gabriel walked up to his dying body. " This can't be. I can't die like this. " Gabriel just stood there. Sula was going to make sure she suffered before he died. " You, your the reason your mother is dead. You cried when you first found her but after she died, not a single tear fell from your eyes. Your just like me. Your a monster, a demon. You mother might have been an angel but we both know your no better than your father. " Gabriel just stood there. " I know. " Her voice was not human. It was female like but it sounded ary and wispy like a wind blowing and it kind of ecoed. It was strong and confident and determined. Gabriel's eyes were no longer narrowed but looked sad. " I am linked to my father by blood just as you are to yours Sula. I know what I am and I know what you are just as I know my brother is mostly human. You and I are diffrent, we are demon. Your right. I never shed a tear after my mother died. Tears are a gift for humans. They are a gift for those who are kind, compassionate, pure. We demons are the compleate opposite. We are servants that are used to steal,kill, and destroy. We are nothing more than beasts that take human form. We should have never been created. God should have destroyed us after Lucifer was cast down from heaven but he didn't because we, just like humans, were given free will. " Sula grimaced and cursed. " Free will. Ha, thats a good one. Your a servant just as I am. " Gabriel's chin lifted a little. " Yes but it is my choice as to who I serve. I've learned this. " Sula sneered.
" You've learned nothing! You've done nothing but start a war between demons and humans. All humans will die for the time for the demons to reign the world is fast approaching. " Gabriel's voice was loud and booming in the church. " Than I will die as one of them! You will not win! God will not allow his innocent children to be slaughtered. This is why my choice is to fight for the humans. I will rise up and fight against demons like you and my father! " Her gaze intensified and Sula writhed against the stone prision that held him. " No! No! I can give you anything! Power, money! I can bring your mother back from the dead! " Gabriel's face didn't change as the demon that was called Sula screamed a terrible screech and disintigrated in a flash of light and ash. Gabriel's eyes relaxed. She turned to look at her brother. He walked towards here as if she were a wild animal that was ready to attack. " Alex, " She started. " I'm sorrry you had to see that, me pinned to that cross. You were right. I do have to accept what I am. It was the only way I could destroy him. " He was close to her. She reached out to touch the side of his face but stopped. For the first time, her mask of a face showed she was sad. She pulled her hand back and looked away. " Your demon form is beautiful Gabriel. Mom would be so proud of you, I'm proud of you. " Gabriel looked at Alexander with thankful eyes. " Gabriel? Alexander? " Gabriel turned and Alexander gasped. Standing in a flood of bluish green light was their mother.

Alexander ran to his mother along side of Gabriel. Alexander ran into his mother's embrace. He was a head taller than her and Gabriel both. Gabriel heard him crying. Their mother just stood there holding him and singing their lullaby. " Moon light shines on ocean deep, as the ship rocks you softly to sleep. " " Mom, " Alexander's voice cracked. Finally he let go and looked at his mother as if he was afraid that this was a dream and he would soon walke up. His mother had brown hair like Gabriel. It was long and kind of curly. Her face was thin with sharp features. Gabriel realized how much she didn't look like either of her parents but more of her grandparents on her mothers side. She wasn't a super modle but she had enough figure. She stood there in a sundress that was white but streaks of color seemed to move and make the dress come alive. Her mother was beautiful. Gabriel stood back away from her mother and brother. " Mom, how are you here, what happened to you, how long can you stay here, " Their mother smiled.
" Alexander. Your so grown up. I've missed you so much. I can't stay here long. I wanted to tell you kids how proud I am of you two. "Gabriel looked at the floor to her right. " I watch over you Alexander. I watch you everyday. I hear some of your questions. Time is so slow on earth my son. There is no time in heaven. It may seem like forever on earth but to us in heaven, it's only been a moment. " Alexander's tear fell over his cheek. " I love you mom. I wanted to say sorry I wasn't there to say goodbye. " His voice cracked as he confessed his biggest regreat. Their mother smiled. " Don't blame yourself Alexander. You sister took good care of me. I've heard you talking to me and telling me about your day or what your angry about. I can hear you. You've never had a reason to say goodbye. I'm still here. " She touched his chest. She looked over Alexander's shoulder and saw Gabriel. She smiled. " Gabriel. Oh, my baby, come here sweetheart. " Gabreil started walking forward until she got to the outside of the circle of light the hesitated. She looked at her mother with a longing in her eyes. " No mom. I'm not worthy of your touch. " She didn't hear her mother walk over to her after se cast her eyes downward. She felt a hand on her cheek that made her look into her mother's eyes. They were her own eyes. " The best thing about love is that we are not worthy of it but it's still given to it. " Gabriel embraced her mother.
" Mom. I'm so sorry. I should have been able to save you. I should have woke up earlier. I should have heard you and dad fighting. I should have done something diffrent. " Her mother just stroked between her wings and rocked them a little. " No, no, no baby. There was nothing else you could have done. Look at me. " She cupped Gabriels chin in her hand making her look in her eyes. Her mother was smiling at her. " Gabriel, I've watched you as you have covered yourself in self loathing. You dreamed of that day over and over in your nightmares. You've blamed yourself for everything. None of this was you fault. None of it. Don't blame yourself anylonger. The demon side has no control over you, you control the demon side. You can see that now. I watched you choose to fight for good. I'm so proud of you baby. " She cupped Gabriel's cheek in her hand. Her thumb moved across Gabriel's cheek as if wiping a tear away. " You were wrong though. Tears are not just a gift to humans. Even God cried when his son was cruicified. " Gabriel realized tears were falling down her cheeks. She hugged her mother and her brother joined in. They all stepped back. from one another. " Gabriel. Alexander. I have to go back. Remeber that I am proud of you and watching both of you. Gabriel, keep singing please. You have the most beautiful demon form I've ever seen. " Alexander moved next to Gabriel and put his arm over her shoulders pulling her to his side. " I love you mommy. " Gabriel said. " I love you too baby. " Wings that were the same as her dress unfurled and she dissaphered fading to be with one with the light.
The light then dissaphered. Gabriel pulled her wings in and collect Trinity, who had slid under a pew, and her vest and coat. She pulled out her crystal and held it out infront of the cross. A portal opened up. She jumped through it landing once again in a crouch. Alex landing the same way beside her. Flyn was standing by the casket. They landed behind him. He turned around and trained the gun on Gabriel. Her wings unfurled as the early sunlight shined through the foyer doors and oulined her. She transformed back into a human. She put her vest and coat on along with hostering her guns and Vengence, which she wiped off on some of the remains of Sula's cloths. Some how, her jeans and shirt wern't affected by her transformation. She saw Flyns face turn into surprize. " Thought you said you would never change form. " She smiled as she walked over to Beka's sleeping body. " I've learned that you can't change the past or where you come from but you can change the future and where your going. " She grasped Beka's hand and smiled. " Beka. Wake up Beka. " Beka's eyes flutter a little bit before opening up all the way. She yawned and streached. She looked up at Gabriel. Her face lit up.
" Diablo! Your okay! " Gabriel narrowed her eyes at the little girl a bit. " Of course I am squirt! You expect me to back down that easy? " Gabriel helped Beka out of the casket. Beka latched onto Gabriel in a hug. " Thank you Diablo. " The girl looked up at Gabriel with a big smile. " I'm glad you got to see your mommy again. I saw mine too! You seem happier now. " Gabriel smiled. " I feel happier, and lighter. " Gabriel sighed as she took Beka's hand and started walking into the sun that streamed through the foyer. When they opened the door, Faolana barked. " I let her outside for a while incase things got ugly in there. " Flyn explained. Beka ran down the ramp to meet Faolana. Alexander walked beside her and put his hand on her shoulder. Flyn walked down the concreate ramp infront of them as Alexander and Gabriel looked at each other. Alexander hugged his sister tightly. When they broke he held her shoulders as he looked at her. " You alright? " Gabriel nodded and smiled. " Yeah. I'm going to be fine. " She took a deep breath in and watched as Beka jumped around and played with Faolana. She watched as the girl climbed on the dog's back and rode Faolana like a horse. Gabriel sighed as she looked at the bright sky and felt the sun soaking into her skin. For the first time in the past 4 years, she felt free from a past that haunted he. She felt free from a half of herself she tried to burry deep and avoid." Lets go home. I have something that I have to do. "

That's it! I'm thinking about making this into a series...

Gabriel shot the cue ball, trying to hit the solid yellow into the right corner pocket. She missed and it just ricoched off the sides. Gabriel looked irritated even though she had a half smile. Beka took her turns and finished the game. " Yes! " she exclaimed. " That makes 4 games in a row. Pay up. " Gabriel sighed and shook her head as she racked her cue stick. She sat at her desk, booted feet on the table. Beka followed her and put her hands on her hips, her little eyes narrowed. " You made a deal Diablo. " Gabriel sighed and looked at Beka with narrow eyes but couldn't stop a small smile from glueing it's self to her face. " Fine. If it'll get you to leave me alone! " She stood up and sat on the couch beside Alexander. Beka follwed again. " Diablo. " Gabriel sighed. " I will Beka. You need to learn to wait. "
Beka sat on the floor beside Faolana with a sigh. Gabriel set her I Pod base speaker on the coffee table beside where the guys were playing cards. She turned it onto Skillet of course, the song was Sometimes. Gabriel sighed and leaned onto the couch back, her hands behind her head. It was quiet, too quiet. She opened her eyes to see Alexander with a can of wipped cream pointed at her face. He pressed the nozzle that released the stream of cream all over her face. She jumped up and started wiping her face off. Flyn's face turned red he was laughing so hard. Beka was laughing too. Gabriel glared at Alexander then Beka. " Oh, you think this is funny do you? " Beka's face was red. " Yeah! Your face was hillarious! " Gabriel took the wipped cream that she wipped off her face and rubbed it all over Beka's face. Beka got up and yelled. " Thats not fair! " Gabriel started laughing so hard, her eyes watered. Faolana started licking Beka half to death.
Gabriel looked outside. It was dark. She grabbed a towl out of the small chest she put in the corner of the room and wiped her face off then tossed it to Beka. " Come on guys. It's time for the big reveal. " Beka shot a fist into the air. " About time! " Everyone, even Faolana, followed Gabriel outside of her place. The Dry Eyed Diablo sign was covered up. Gabriel jumped up ontop of the overhang and jerked off the covering which floated down to the ground leaving the neon sign bare. It went fron Dark blue to a lighter blue. Gabriel jumped down and stood by Alexander and Flyn. Beka started clapping her hands. " It's perfect Diablo. It's perfect. " At the end of the name was a outline of a person with wings that was holding a sword in their right hand and a gun in their left with their elbow bent as if blowing on the end. Alexander smiled at Gabriel. " I like it. " Gabriel looked at the sign and smiled. Her mother was right, even some devils cried. She wasn't the owner of the Dry Eyed Diablo any longer. She was now the owner of the Devil Tears agency.