Soul Link | Teen Ink

Soul Link

July 20, 2013
By AridaMiku GOLD, Lacombe, Other
More by this author
AridaMiku GOLD, Lacombe, Other
15 articles 1 photo 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
Many people read books to escape their world to enter into another.


I STOOD AT THE BATTLEFLEID. My clothes were torn and ripped. My breath came out in slow hard puffs. Soul stood at my left and placed a hand on my shoulder.


"It'll be okay, Selene," Soul whispered softly in my ear. His lips were touching my ear. I felt a warm rush down my body. The anxiety left me. I hadn't known that been there. Soul always me feel better when i was tense. I stood tall. My shadow casted against moonlight made me stand out. Slowly, i took a breathe and smiled for Soul. I nodded to him and he nodded to me.

"It's finally time," I said as i looked to him.

"Yes, I’m ready to get this party started," Soul told me. He eyes showed no fear.

"This is nothing to joke, Soul!" I hit him with my hand. He always joked at times like this. Though this was hardly a time to joke around. This battle would decide the future of MoonCiro. It was not something to just joke about. "Soul.......," I asked slowly as i was unsure of what to ask him.

"What, Selene?" he asked, "You’re getting all tense. Your usually all composed and serious.......but now you look a bit scared"

"You idiot! I yelled, "I am not scared. When i think of all those people who had to be tortured because of me....there is no way I’m going to get scared. I have to be brave for them. I can't just run away forever. To toss aside the hope that people have for me to solve this once and for all. No...i'm not going to run away. I'm to face my fears for people
who have believed in me. it's the right thing to do. I squeezed Souls hand and put on a smile.

"Ok, Selene. I trust you know what to do?" Soul said teasing me.

"Of course i do!" I answered back. "This battle can only get worse or it can get better. Lets hope the odds are in our future"
I sat up in up the bed quickly what was that about? I dressed and headed for school.


"Hey, look out witch," I heard Eric Van Dame say as he rushed past me to meet Aria Thompson, Ashley West and Amber White - aka the Blonde police. I sighed and stuck my tongue out at his running figure.

"What is problem with these people. They think they are the life of the world," Alice told me. Alice is the only one who sticks up for me. We've been best buds since grade one.

"Wanna go get some frozen yogurt after school ends?" I asked her. I really didn't do anything after school anyway other than Magik lessons. So it felt good to do something with her, so i didn't feel lonely.

"I have badminton practice after school, but after that I'm free. I mean what are best friend for?" Alice answered.

"That's good because we're going to have the best frozen yogurt in MoonCiro!" I told her with delight. Alice always hanged out with me. It felt good to have a friend i could trust.

"See you after school, okay?" Alice shouted at me as she walked down the hallway to her period three class.

"Okay," I shouted after her. I turned and walked towards my next class. The bell rang and students started to get ready for their next classes. I stopped in front of my locker. I spun the lock. 14....21....1. I opened the lock. My locker was clean and neat, just how i liked it. I pulled out my planner and checked what class i had next. I happen to have biology next. Just great, i just love biology. All the dissecting made me want to puke. I grabbed my textbook and binder. I closed my locker and locked it. I walked the rest of the way to the classroom in silence. I stepped in the classroom just as the bell rang. I made my way to my desk at back of the classroom. I hated this class because it was only class i had without Alice. I looked at the clock sitting above the door. 2:30....thirty more minutes of this torture.

"Gosh," I sighed. School is so dang long. Rest of class seem to pass quickly in my favor. Soon the bell for the end of the day rang.

"Thank you," I said. I almost jumped out of my seat. Now off to meet Alice.









<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>





"Ready for the best frozen yogurt on the world Alice?" I yelled to her as she came out of the gym after her badminton practice ended.

"I hope you weren't waiting long, Selene!" She called to me. I laughed. Alice always asked me that every time i came get her after her practice.

"Not at all, Alice" I told her as we started to walk down the street. "I just got here!" It had been a pain to get here. The teacher held me back to clean the chalkboard. It was pain in the butt and i got chalk dust all over me. I had to clean it off in the bathroom.

"So....how was practice? Did you improve your amazing skills?" I asked her.

"It was fine, but Amber was giving me a hard time with her death shots," Alice said. "It was as if they just came one after one, over and over. They were hard to hit, but i got a good seventy percent of them!"

"That's good. Don't mind Amber, shes so stingy!" I told her as i fought the giggles inside me, but i couldn't hold them. I burst out in laughter and i was soon joined by Alice.


We turned at the end of the street. We walked into Frozen Moon - the best place for frozen yogurt. Alice pointed to any empty seat. It was pretty empty.

"I'll save our seats while you buy the yogurt," Alice told me. she headed over to an open table by the window and sat down.

"Okay, what do you want? I'm going with Strawberry Raspberry," I asked her.

"Peach Raspberry, it's my favorite," she answered. Alice smiled and sat down as i went to order the yogurts. The line was actually pretty short compared to what it was usually like. I got to front and ordered. I waited patiently for them to be done. When i got them i headed back to Alice.

"One Peach Raspberry coming up" I said as i placed the yogurts down on the table. The world could not be more peaceful that minute. "Enjoy with a smile on your face," I cheerfully said the motto of Frozen Moon.

"Oh, Selene you're so fun to be around," Alice commented as we ate our yogurts. We had always eaten here after school when it was really nice out. Today was a nice day for September. By the next time i looked down at my yogurt, it was all gone.

"Oh, dang i ate it too fast again and there's no more!" I sighed. Every time we come here i always ate my in a rush for some reason. Alice laughed as she saw my empty bowl as her's was still half full. After we were finished we parted ways. Alice lived all the way across town as i lived only a block away from Frozen Moon. I turned and walked home as the sun set.






<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>





The next day started like any other day. The same annoying bell, the bullies, the Blonde Police and the seats screeching as you sat down. The days never seemed to end until the bell for the end of the day rang. And i was late for class. I had woken up late because my clock was broken. I rushed to get dressed. I tripped as i raced down the stairs. I grabbed some leftovers from the fridge. I said goodbye to my mom, dad and Addison and rushed out the door. I had to run all the way because the bus just as i opened the door.

When i got to school the lady at the office gave me a mad look, but said "Good to see that you got here." She gave me a late slip and turned back to her papers.

I turned and walked to class when I happened to past my locker and something caught my eye. I turned to look at what it was. WITCH was written in spray paint and marker all over my locker. I couldn't believe it. I knew that most of the students here were scared of me and hated me. But i couldn't believe that they would go so far to show their hatred. My eyes started to tear up, but i forced them back. I went to the janitor's room to get something to wash it off. The janitor was a really nice lady and she offered to help me, but i told her that i was alright. I walked back to my locker in a haze and cleaned my locker of the marker and paint until i couldn't see it anymore.



When i got to class the teacher asked me were i was and i told her i was washing my locker of paint and marker. I went and sat down at my desk and stared off into the distance outside the window. The class was somewhat peaceful for the next half an hour till the intercom came on.

"We would ask all students to leave the school as we have been notified of a bomb inside the school!" With that one word all the students got up and started rushing for the door. Desks and seats were tipped and overturned. School work flew into the air around the panicking students. I left along with them after getting my stuff.

Just as i left the school, my hand flew to my neck. My MoonBinding necklace was gone. I must of left it in my locker and i ran inside to get it. My heart raced as i ran through the halls to my locker. I turned and opened my locker. It was sitting on top of my bag. I grabbed my necklace and put it on. I was taking out my bag as the intercom buzzed.

"To any students that are still in the school, you got fifteen seconds to get out of the school before i blow you up." I panicked the closest doors were down stairs. I shut my locker and ran of my life. I jumped over stair railing to the main floor. The doors were right down the hall. I was counting in my mind how many more seconds i had. 9...8....7.... I ran faster then i had ever ran. 6...5...4.... The doors were just a few steps away. 3....2... I grabbed the door and jumped out onto the ground. Students stood across the street. 1...0... The school blew up as i was falling to the ground. The heat was so hot my shirt heated up the a bee in a hot car in the summer. The students eyes were widened at the sight of me as i had just came out as the school blew up. I crawled away slowly to be able to get rid of the heat that burned my back.

An ambulance pulled up and whipped me to the hospital. I laid in the back of the ambulance. My skin was burning with such intense pain that the doctor had me knocked out while they stopped the burning, but in the end i lost consciousness.

I woke up about five days later. There were flowers from Alice and mom, dad and Addison. Alice was sitting by my bed sobbing.

"I thought you weren't going to wake up. You were unconscious for five days!" Alice said. I got up to hug her, but she turned her head and said, "You need to leave as soon as you're ready to go. A government group called Zodiac has taken over MoonCiro and is killing all the people in your family because of your Magik. Addison was declared dead yesterday and so are your mom and dad!" She sobbed even harder. When i heard that terror seized me and the world blurred out of the sight.

"What did you say?" I asked. My pupils became small and i was shaking with unspeakable terror. Addison couldn't be dead, i just show her five days ago, there's no way.

"I'm so sorry, Selene. I tried to stop them. I really did, but they took me by my wrist and threw me out of the house. They said it wasn't my business!" Alice just sobbed harder and harder.
I patted her back and got up. "It's not your fault, Alice. I'm just glad you stood up for my family. You're the best friend a girl could have" I said as i smiled at her.
"Here are your clothes. I got them for you at your house when you where sleeping. After all the men had left" Alice sniffled and brushed away her tears. She looked up at me with a trying smile. I got up and went into the bathroom to change. There was going to be a lot of ugly coming.



It wasn’t Alice’s fault that my parents and Addison were killed. They had told me one day that some group would come after our kind one day. So we all prepared for that day.
I looked down at the clothes that Alice had brought for me. A blue tank-top, a black t-shirt, some underwear, my bra, socks and two pairs of blue jeans. I slipped them on and stuffed the clothes i was wearing the garbage, they were all burnt and non-wearable. I looked up my reflection in the mirror. My skin was now pale and my hair was burnt on the ends and messy. Alice came into the bathroom and handed my some hair dye.
“I know that you always wanted to dye your hair blue, so i bought some blue hair dye and it will also change your appearance so it will be harder for Zodiac to find you.” Alice said as she smiled and started washing my hair to dye it.
“Thank you...so much Alice. You don’t know how much this means to me. You are truly my best friend.” Tears started to stream down my face.
“Don’t thank me. I just did what you wouldn’t done for me.” Alice smiled as she applied the hair dye. By the time we were done all my hair was dyed a sapphire blue. It looked really cool. I really never thought mom would ever let me dye my hair. She’d neither walk across a river of razors on a tightrope blindfolded.
I hugged Alice tight and breathed her in. She always smelt like strawberries, since she loved them. I thanked her over and over, but she wouldn't acknowledge her-self as a hero although i knew she was one.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 2 comments.


AridaMiku GOLD said...
on Aug. 18 2013 at 1:25 pm
AridaMiku GOLD, Lacombe, Other
15 articles 1 photo 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
Many people read books to escape their world to enter into another.

thanks i'll look when i have a chance :)  

MadisHeart said...
on Aug. 10 2013 at 9:49 pm
MadisHeart, Norman, Oklahoma
0 articles 0 photos 38 comments
 This is a really strong and captivating start, I really hope you keep writing it! The dialouge is very strong :) I think you might enjoy my novel, you should check it out!