The Prophetic Sisters | Teen Ink

The Prophetic Sisters

June 18, 2013
By CaliLily BRONZE, Dixon, Illinois
More by this author
CaliLily BRONZE, Dixon, Illinois
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I may be sad, but i'm not weak." -Secondhand Serenade "i hate this song"


Author's note: I wrote this story for my Language Arts class and it seemed, to me at least, like my best story yet. I just want people to know that, even though things change, you still have family.

“Wake up!” I yelled. My sisters were sleeping in again this morning so I had to get them ready for school. “Alright already!”My sister Violet screamed across the house. “Gosh, Rose, can’t we sleep in for a little while?” Felicia, my other sister, asked from her bed. “No, we’re late for school as it is. So get up!” Violet and Felicia scrambled to get up for fear that our mother was still in the house. Our mother had left an hour ago, but they didn’t know that so I decided to play a trick on them. “I’m going to tell Mother that you two were sleeping in and made us late for school. Mother! ” I ran into the other room. When they arrived they were furious. They tried to catch me but I was too fast. I ran out the door and they followed. Since they had changed into their uniforms they chased me all the way to school. They eventually figured out my plans and ran right into their classes. I ran into my Social Studies. I had been laughing when I arrived, but, little did I know, I would be crying when I left.
While I was in class my mother had phoned the school to send a message to my sisters and me. I had been in language arts when I was told to go to the office. I thought that I was being called to help with the library. When I arrived I was told horrible news. My father had been killed in the war. My sisters hadn’t come yet so the helper told me that I had to tell them myself. When they arrived I was red eyed and sobbing. They asked what was wrong and I told them everything. Violet, being older, sat down and started crying with me while Felicia, as she had not known him very well, tried to comfort us saying “It’s alright.” We had been sitting there crying until Mother came and took us home.
Mother told us that she had known for some time that Father had died.” I was just looking for the right time to tell you all.” She cried. I went over and told her “we understand you didn’t know what to do. You were scared. It’s o.k.” “So you aren’t mad at me?” she asked. “No, we’re not mad at you.” After that we all hugged and cried until everyone fell asleep. When we woke up in the morning we went to the funeral. While we were there all I heard was “I’m sorry for your loss.”, “You poor dears!”, and “He was a good man.” I was so shocked at how many people had come just for Father. I saw mother bombarded by friends and family alike. I fought the urge to run over to her and take her away from all of this chaos when I felt something deep inside of me move. The next thing I knew I was in the sky 30 feet above the building! I wasn’t sure what was happening, so I stayed floating while the funeral home owner, my mother, my sisters, and everyone else in the home stared at the gaping hole in the ceiling I had made. I wasn’t sure how this had happened, but when I looked down again the hole was getting closer. I then realized that I had started to float down. When reached the ground Mother quickly came over and stole me from the amazed eyes of the mourners, who had come to pay homage to my father. She grabbed Violet and Felicia and ran to the car. She drove until we couldn’t see the town anymore. She told us that we would never see the town again. “Why not Mother?” Felicia asked mother, who was still panting from our run to the car. “I can’t tell you three, right now, but I will tell you that we are not the same as everyone else. We will never be the same.”

We had been driving for a while when we stopped to get gas. Mother told us to stay put while she went to pay for the gas. When she came back we drove until we stopped at a house that I had a faint recollection of from when I had been a child. Mother told us to get out of the car and head into the house. We heard a door slam and we saw a person come out of the house. Mother said “Hi Dad. I’m so sorry for this, but Rose has just given a public display of the family’s ability to everyone at Frank’s funeral. Do you think they could start their training now?” It came as a shock to me that this man could possibly be my grandfather. We had been told that our grandparents were all dead. From the shocked look, that I’m positive was reflected on my face, I could tell that my sisters were equally surprised. “I suppose they could start today, but it will be harder than it would be if they were, at least, a little used to their abilities. Have ether of the other two received their abilities yet?” They kept saying that word, abilities. I was about to ask why they kept saying it when I heard Mother say “No, just Rose. I only know this because she blew a hole in the funeral home roof.” “Mother, why did you bring us here? Is there something wrong with us?” Violet asked. “Nothing is wrong with you; you’re just different than other people." Mother replied, “You will be staying here with your grandpa. He will tell you how to use your abilities.” I finally gathered the courage to ask “What are these abilities you keep talking about?” “We’ll explain everything inside.” said Mother, who then bustled us through the door.
Mother explained that our family was, as some would say, modern day superheroes. Our job was to keep the people of the world safe and ignorant of what was really happening. She also explained that our abilities were our powers. Grandpa told us that since we were triplets we were the triplets in a sacred prophecy. He told us that we would eventually save the world from the evil that threatened every living thing on the earth. We were to start training the next day. Mother told us to go to bed when she had finished explaining. That night would be the easiest day of my life for four years.

We trained hard for those four long years. Violet’s ability came next, and then Felicia’s came. Violet had the ability to run so fast that she could run around the world five times before you could even blink. Felicia’s ability was that she could turn invisible. She had been invisible for three weeks before she learned to turn herself visible again. We had been outside when we heard Grandpa call to us from inside the house. We hurried inside where he was watching television. “Look at this.” Grandpa said. When we looked the reporter was talking about a fire somewhere in a big city. “The fire seems to have been started by a woman who can fly and shoot lightning from her hands. She has been heard saying that her name is Sircy the Destroyer. Sircy the Destroyer is being pursued by the authorities. She was last seen heading down a country road toward the town of Dixon Illinois. If anyone has any information about Sircy the Destroyer they should contact the number below.” When the news cast was over Grandpa said “That was your cousin.”
“The newscaster was?” Violet asked. “No, Sircy the Destroyer. She’s just like us except that she chose evil instead of good like you three.” Grandpa explained, “I think that this is what the prophecy was talking about when it said you would save the world from an evil. Her real name is Sircy Delaney. You’ve meet her at family reunions when you were very little. I don’t suppose that you would remember her, you were so little.” After that Grandpa drifted off into one of the daydreams he would get sometimes. “Grandpa, what do you mean, she’s our cousin?” said Felicia, when we had brought Grandpa back to reality. “Her mother is your mothers’ sister. They were never very close, even when they both lived here at the house. Your Grandma and I had always know there was something different about Sircy and her mother. They never came to our house on a regular basis. They only came to the family reunions, and never very often at that. They were always outsiders in a family of outsiders. I’m afraid that you will have to fight Sircy. It will not be easy, but I think that you will be success full in the fight. We will have to intensify your training so you will be ready for when Sircy arrives. We will start tomorrow. Now, go get some sleep. You have a long week ahead of you.”
We trained for the rest of the week with Grandpa in high intensity training. He had made a dummy of Sircy that could fly and shoot lightning out of her hands. We were to fight with it for eight hours strait. That was how long Sircy’s lightning could last for a time. At first it was harder than we expected it to be. Eventually, as the days went on we were able to go even longer than eight hours. By the end of the week we were going for as much as fifteen hours at a time. Grandpa had decided to give us a history lesson when we were not training. As it turned out, our great-grandmother was a famous super hero. She was a telepathic who had to fight her brother. She ended up dying along with her brother. I could tell that Violet and Felicia were thinking the same thing I was. We didn’t want to end up like our great-grandma so we decided to train very hard until Sircy arrived.

We didn’t have to wait very long. The next day our alarms started to blare. The time had come for us to fight Sircy the destroyer. Grandpa came in as we were realizing that or time was now. He had a bag behind his back. He walked over to me and said “You girls are going to be in a lot of danger today. You all are going to need these.” He handed me the bag and told me “Your grandmother made these right before she died. She told me that when the time was right I was to give these to you. She was able to see the future. She knew that you were the triplets of prophecy even without her ability. I love you all so very much. I’ll be very happy to see you three come home safe and sound.” When I looked up at him he had tears in his eyes. “Grandpa, don’t, you worry we’ll be home for dinner.” All three of us came over and gave him a huge hug, and watched him leave so we could look in the bag. We were so surprised that we almost dropped the bag. Inside were three suits, each with our initial on them. They were our favorite colors. Felicia’s was a light blue, Violet’s was a dark purple, and mine was a bright green. We were the most colorful group of people I had ever seen. Our suits looked exactly the same except the colors and the initials. They were short sleeved jumpers with shorts and our initial on a dark red belt. They all had stripes along the sides of them and they fit perfectly. They also had masks that were the same dark red of the belts. We heard a boom and the smashing sound of a hundred pound weight hitting a wall. Sircy the Destroyer had arrived.
When we walked out of the room we saw that Sircy had Grandpa up against a wall. She was holding him by his throat and he was turning a bright shade of pink. “Grandpa!” Felicia screamed. “We have to help him, Rose!” Violet yelled. I flew over to Sircy, grabbed her by the head, and threw her against the wall. Grandpa had been unconscious for a few minutes, so Violet and Felicia ran over to help him. “Don’t you ever threaten my grandfather again! If you do, so help me God, I will destroy you!” I screamed at her. She looked at me with hate in her eyes and a smile on her face. “You’re Rose aren’t you? I’ve heard so much about you from your mother. She was a sweet woman.” She trilled. “What have you done to our mother?!” I yelled at her. “My aunt always was a weakling. She didn’t last a week in Mothers’ basement.” She retorted. With all of my strength I punched her in the face, knocked three of her teeth out, and sent her sprawling on the floor.
“You will not make it out of this alive, Sircy. You are going to die today!” I said as I lunged at her throat. “Why, cousin, you have a very bad anger problem. That will get you killed!” Sircy said as she leaped out of the way of my attack. “Rose! He’s not breathing!” Felicia screamed. I automatically abandoned my fight with Sircy and flew over to help. When I finally got over there, Violet was doing CPR on him and, failing to revive him, crying along with Felicia. I tried to help, but there was nothing I could do. “He’s gone, girls, he’s gone. It’s time to get up and die along with your pathetic mother and your weak grandfather.” Sircy said with not even a hint of remorse in her voice over killing her own flesh and blood. “You are the most pathetic human being I have ever seen in my entire life, Sircy. You don’t even deserve to be alive!” I said as Violet, Felicia, and I got up and started walking toward her. For the first time ever, Sircy the Destroyer showed fear.

The look in her eyes was priceless. She knew her life was at stake and she was ready to flee at any time. In fact, she did flee. When she saw that we were serious about us killing her, she turned tail and ran away. We chased her with me flying and Violet carrying Felicia on her back. We caught up with her around the entrance to town. She finally showed us her power when she tried to slow us down. She almost killed Violet and Felicia with a lightning bolt. I flew down and took Felicia from Violet and told her to turn invisible. I flew up and dropped Felicia on Sircy. You could see the fear in her eyes when Felicia dragged her down to the ground. “Let go of me! LET GO!” Sircy screamed. “You will not get rid of me that easily!” Felicia yelled “You killed Grandpa so we’re going to kill you.” Sircy threw Felicia to the ground and flew away into the clouds with me on her tail. We were so high that we were having trouble breathing. We went lower so we could go faster. I caught her and punched her until she was unconscious. She fell out of the sky and I followed her to see where she would land. She ended up landing on solid ground but when I landed she was already dead. I carried her body back to where Felicia and Violet were waiting. “She’s gone. She’s gone and nothing is the same. It’s not the same.” I said and for the first time in a very long time, I started to cry.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.