An Dorchacht Ordu | Teen Ink

An Dorchacht Ordu

Author's note: That theres never a happy ending, the ending might be happy but that doesn't mean everything to get to that happy ending, won't be happy.

Kosa and Ka’hul walk off the plane they nick named Long sword. Kosa walks over to Ka’hul and the visor in his helmet slides up so you can only see his eyes and Ka’hul does the same. “That Orbital command station was creepy. It didn’t help that they reported an unknown attack on Aloran.” Ka’hul laughs. “I know but the fact that we had to fly Long swords there was unnecessary. We could’ve flew a C-130 up there”

Kosa nods and they walk over to the door and walk in to see a bunch of new recruits. “When did we get new recruits?” Ka’hul removes his helmet and sees them all looking at them in awe. Ka’hul and Kosa were technically famous for the previous missions during the rebellion against the general Thais.

Kosa and Ka’hul like these recruits were called Stanchriks. That was technically a super soldier who are medically enhanced so their bones can’t break and they’re a lot stronger. “It’s been a while since we’ve gotten new recruits.” Ka’hul said and glances at Kosa. “Yeah but that doesn’t mean they’re going to be doing solo projects like we are just yet.”

Ka’hul laughs and they both walk into the next room to have their armor removed. There was this giant machine that scientist manned to remove the Stanchriks armor. They were in full body armor that had a protective energy shield. It didn’t nullify all of any damage but it takes up a good part of it. Stanchriks being super soldiers were the only ones to carry out most of the toughest missions their government can throw at them. So far Ka’hul and Kosa were able to carry out all the orders they’ve been given and extra, like clear out the whole area so it’s safe again.

Kosa goes onto the machine first and steps into the foot holes and sticks his arms out. Than the machine begins to take off the armor starting with the heavy chest piece and arm pieces. Once finished all that’s left is the protective clothing that sort of works like a chainmail but more so works to that it’s comfortable wearing the suit. Ka’hul does the same thing and the scientists clear him so he can step off.

They were walking down the corridor when they were approached by a person they’ve never met before. But both of them saw his rank being a commander they had to stand attention and salute. “At ease. I’m sorry but did you just get your armor removed?” They both nod and he smiles. “Get back in the armor something’s happened on a major scale on Aloran.”

Ka’hul and Kosa stare at him for a few seconds. “Really? What happened?” Kosa says in disbelief. The Commander reassures them only to shoot them down again. “There’s not another rebellion, but there are reports of a full scale invasion on Aloran by an unknown alien race; We’ve heard they call themselves the Jolheim.”

Before they could reply the commander bellows an order. “Get back in your suits NOW!” Both Kosa and Ka’hul were galvanized into action and head back to get back in gear. “And get your Long swords prepped you’re leaving in about ten hours then report back to me.”

They both go and get geared again and run through the room filled with recruits and now there was a Commander briefing them. Seeing Stanchriks run like this like they’re in a hurry wasn’t a pleasant one, it usually meant something went wrong. They run over to their Long swords and attach the hose to the engine in the back and turn the switch on so it fills their Long swords with fuel.

After that they run back to the corridor they were walking down and see the same commander at the end that walks into a room. They both enter, Ka’hul before Kosa, to see a holo-map of Aloran. “Alright, Alorans gone; there’s no saving it. We believe that they’re going to hit Alaran next, but we’re not sure so you’re going to take your Long swords and stop between Alaran and Andromeda.” Both of them nod and Ka’hul raises a question. “Wait, Aloran was reported to have been attacked how long ago?” The Commander sighs and then replies after slight hesitation. “Not even seven hours ago.” Both men stare at the commander in disbelief. “Really? It took them SEVEN hours to launch a full scale invasion, deal with Orbital defense and then deal with defenses all over the planet?”

The Commander nods keeping a straight face. “What makes you think that me and Ka’hul can take something on like this? We’re probably very well out-matched out-gunned and out-numbered, Ka’hul and I took on odds that were heavily against us but this is something entirely! I’m confident we can at least do something to slow them down but that’s it!” Then the Commander smiles and replies with no hesitation. “But that’s why one of our scientists, who mind you created the Stanchriks program created and A.I that is on Andromeda, which is why we’re sending you. This A.I is going to be the only thing between our defeat and victory.”

Kosa nods but Ka’hul still had a few more questions. “What is this A.I going to do?” The Commander smiles. “That’s the thing about it, this A.I is going to go into both of your comlinks and tell you were the Jolheims are most weak and what will hurt them the most.” Then Ka’hul finally nods. “When are we leaving?” The Commander ponders for a moment or two. “The fleet was last seen heading for Alaran.” Ka’hul stares at him. “How big is this fleet exactly?” The Commander hesitates. “That’s the thing we don’t know, all we know is that once you see a carrier it’s pretty much over.”

Kosa looks at Ka’hul. “Um, and how big is our naval fleet?” Again the Commander hesitates. “Maybe two thousand smaller ships with a couple hundred carriers.” Kosa and Ka’hul glance at each other. “Well let’s get on with delaying the inevitable!”

About three hours later they received a distress call from a cargo ship that was heading for Andromeda and Ka’hul and Kosa were both forced to load their gear in their Long swords and take off. They go into slip space shortly after and arrive at Andromeda where they hear orders being shouted through the communication system. “Nice welcoming party.” Ka’hul says almost to himself but Kosa replies. “Yeah, they’re panicking. Let’s knock some sense into them”

Ka’hul begins yelling through the comlink. “Listen up we got a nice large amount of ships heading our way, man all the defenses and get the MaC online, we need to hit them and hit them hard. What me and Kosa are going to do is destroy maybe a couple of ships, board whatever is their biggest ship be it a carrier or a destroyer, and that’s our plan; You talk amongst yourselves about who mans who just make sure that MaC is online or we’re screwed.”

Again there was a cluster of orders being yelled as those tried to carry out the orders given from Ka’hul. Kosa begins to speak with a slight worry. “Um, my radar is picking up a large amount of ships, they’re almost here” Ka’hul looks at his radar. “They’re coming from our east!” Both Ka’hul and Kosa turn their ships and put their ships into over drive as they head over to the east side. Both of them fire missiles ahead of time. Then they begin to see a lot of small ships come out of slip space and immediately get hit by the missiles Kosa and Ka’hul fired.

It took a little bit but once the destroyers began coming through they gained a foot hold almost immediately. And just like that, even though it’s one ship a winning battle turns into a losing battle. It took at least fifteen missiles from Kosa and Ka’hul to destroy one destroyer and there were still a lot of the solo ships to deal with, they were being overran purely by numbers. Then they saw the carrier make its way out of slip space and both Kosa and Ka’hul fly over to the extremely large ship.

Boarding the ship was a little bit difficult until Kosa had the idea to shoot their way through at the hangar. Once they were finally inside they instantly met resistance. They both exited their Long swords and take out their weapons. To gain a foothold in the carrier Kosa had to throw a grenade in a random spot to give them enough time to gain cover behind their Long swords. “You know! I’m not getting paid enough for this s***!” Ka’hul says angrily. “I agree!”

They both had assault rifles which tore through their opponents energy shields but they had weapons that did exactly the same to them. Then the Commander they talked to previously began to give them orders. “Stanchriks! There’s a large bomb on board that ship if you could detonate it on that ship and get the hell out that would turn the tide of the battle.” Ka’hul gets frustrated with the fight at hand. “Yeah I’ll get back to you with that! If I’m not dead!”

The Long swords were getting a beating and are beginning to catch on fire. “Kosa if this continues we’re not going to have a way to get out!” Kosa laughs. “Don’t worry I got an idea.” Ka’hul reloads his assault rifle and looks at him. “Your ideas are always bad! What do you have in mind.” Kosa ducks under his Long sword and looks at Ka’hul. “Well either we steal one of their ships or we jump into the atmosphere with jet backs on.” Ka’hul throws a blind grenade over their cover. “Kosa, that is as stupid as it can get!” Kosa jumps up to fire his assault rifle in hopes to lessen their numbers. “You got any ideas?” He ducks back under cover and glares at Ka’hul. “That’s right! Now shut the hell up and fight!”

Ka’hul jumps out from cover going farther into the middle of the circular room. One of their strategies when outnumber at least four to one they like to get surrounded in the middle of a large room with cover. Than they stand back to back under cover and they each take a side to a room.

Kosa leaves cover to follow Ka’hul getting hit several times but nothing to bad so it makes it difficult to fight back. “Ka’hul this is just like that time on Alaran when fighting one of the last battles against General Thais.” Ka’hul laughs and throws another grenade. “Good times! Good times!” A few more minutes pass by when both of them realize a couple of growing problems. “S***! I’m almost out of ammo!” Ka’hul looks to Kosa then to their ships. “They’re targeting our ships so we go no way of leaving!” Kosa looks towards their ships and then to their enemies. “They’re not focusing on us let’s get the hell out!”

They both dive out of cover and head up the ramp to the door that opens when walked close to. They dive around the corner and hear large explosions. “Well it’s either we jump into the atmosphere and fall or we steal a couple of their ships.” Ka’hul looks at Kosa. “We’re also going to have to figure out how to use their weapons because we might as well be out of ammo at this point.”

They both hear static through their comlinks and then after a minute our two it becomes clear. “Stanchriks! You’re near the armory where their weapons, ships and other vehicles are, you need to pass through there to the other hangar where the bomb is.” Kosa looks to Ka’hul. “They really expect a lot out of us.” Ka’hul agrees. “Yeah, this is getting awfully tiresome.”

They continue walking down a long corridor before the commander speaks again through the comlinks. “Can you hurry it up! We’re fighting a losing battle here and we need that bomb to go off before they get it to its destination!” Just then Kosa got an idea. “Wait! Where’s the control room?” Ka’hul stops and looks at Kosa wondering what he has in mind. “Um, you need to head back through the hangar you just got out of but it’s right there, the biggest door in the room, why?” Kosa smiles under his helmet. “I think I found our ride.” Ka’hul laughs. “Alright our next problem is going back through that hangar and getting to the control room.” Kosa looks around and at the other end of the corridor he finds something and walks down the corridor to it, he picks it up. “What is that?” Kosa ignores Ka’hul and presses the button. Kosa waits a few moments and his arm disappears as well as the device. “Whoa where’d you go?” Ka’hul yells and Kosa looks at him. “You can’t see me?” Ka’hul shakes his head as he reaches out with his hand and slaps Kosa and laughs. Kosa stares at Ka’hul and throws a punch and knocks Ka’hul to the floor. “Yeah, that’s right!” Ka’hul gets up as Kosa presses the button again and reappeared. “It’s a cloaking device.” Ka’hul looks at the rack to see there’s more. “Badass!” Kosa draws his assault rifle and hides it behind the rack. “No weapons, just assassinations.” Ka’hul nods and does the same.

Kosa attaches the device to his belt and it makes the click sound, Ka’hul takes one of the other cloaking devices and attaches it to his belt. “Time to have some fun.” They both press the button and they go invisible at that moment command says something to them. “That’s advanced technology the cloaking system they have won’t run out like ours, you can also run as fast as you can and you will still be undetected.”

Ka’hul looks at Kosa, or at least thinks he is maybe he’s just looking at a wall, “Kill at will, with this new cloaking system we can’t see our heat signatures, no hand signals or commands.” They both draw their Saxe knifes which was about as large as a short sword but was considered a knife. “Assassinations only, no drawn out fights; and Ka’hul, make sure they’re dead or going to be dead within a few seconds we can have them searching for us. Just get in, get through the hangar, and get out into the control room, then we kill all of them.” Before Ka’hul could speak Kosa interrupts him. “We’ll figure out how to fly it when we get there, right now we’re just playing it by ear.”

Ka’hul shut his mouth and let Kosa take the lead out the door with their cloaking devices on. They both realized that the door opens when something is near it; they both looked around nervously hoping none of them have noticed. When Kosa was satisfied that no one had heard the door open randomly he walks through towards the middle of the room. Ka’hul whispers in the comlink making sure not to make to large of a sound. “Stay out of the light, we’re going to have to take the ramps upwards then acrossed the bridge they have set it, the room is mirrored to its opposite side so it shouldn’t look any different than this side.”

Kosa looks around. The room was round with two large doors with pressurized doors at both sides that ships exit out of. There was a ramp to their left that heads up to another door but branches off to the right to the long bridge that lead acrossed the room. “Alright.” They both take care not to bump into each other and walk up the ramp.

As they reached the top of the ramp they found their first complication. There were four guards, two patrolling and two standing attention at the edge of the platform. “We’re going to have to be patient we can’t rush this or we’re fucked.” Ka’hul remains silent while Kosa is walking up near the door that is farther on the right, taking care that he doesn’t get to close as to open it.

A few minutes passed when the two patrolling guards take their patrol to the other side of the room. “Alright now’s our time, we take these two out at the same time and wait for the patrol to get back and we take them out; after that we need to be quick about. If these guys are smart they’ll take notice to a patrol taking too long to cycle on back.” Kosa stays silent this time and they both walk up. “To avoid confusion I got the guard nearest to the door you got the one near the bridge.”

They both get behind their targets when Kosa begins the countdown to make it simultaneous and silent. “On my mark.” Three… Two… One…. “Mark.” At the moment they both jump up on their backs and take their blades and stab it through the top of their head, hoping it’s a clean kill. Their hopes were relieved when the guards fell down in their arms silent. “Let’s take them down the ramp, as far as we know no one takes patrols through there.” They both drag them silently down the ramp and walk back up just in time to catch the patrol. But Ka’hul was still down the ramp. “Ka’hul, throw me your knife!” Ka’hul does so guessing he’s at the top of the ramp.

Once the blade left Ka’huls grasp it became visible again and Kosa was able to easily catch it and the blade goes invisible again. Kosa reverses the blade so the blade goes down from the hand and not up. Kosa stabs the first guard on the left through the throat while Kosa spins around and catch’s the other one in the chest. Luckily Kosa must have hit the heart or the guard would’ve yelled in pain. “Leave them here, there’s no more patrols as far as we know.”

Ka’hul looks around. “You know why are we assassinating these guys, can’t we just walk past them silently and they won’t know? We can just lock the door to the control room and kill all of them and we’ve got our ride.” Kosa ponders this idea for a moment. “You’re right, but it makes my idea a little difficult but easier at the same time.” Ka’hul stays silent waiting for Kosa to continue. “We don’t know how to fly this thing so we don’t know where the auto-pilot is. So I was going to have you go on and jump out of the hangar into the atmosphere and crash the ship into another carrier.”

Realization dawned on Ka’hul and he began to protest. “No! I’m not leaving this ship without you! We’re partners Kosa! There’s a way we can do this without it getting difficult like this!” Kosa hesitates. “This isn’t difficult; this is turning the battle into our favor by taking out their largest ships. Ka’hul I know I don’t want to do this but shut up! I outrank you and it’s an order that you leave while I stay!” Ka’hul stays silent for a moment. “Give me my knife back.” Kosa took note that his voice was sad but angry at the same time. Kosa sets his knife on the ground so it became visible and it became invisible a few moments after.

“Let’s just get to the control room, with luck maybe there’s only one of them in there.” Luck was beginning to show to their way as when they got in the control room they found only one there. Kosa dealt with it quickly while Ka’hul made sure the door was locked. He had no idea how to work the door so he pressed random stuff until the door didn’t open when he got close to it.

“Alright, now what I see is another carrier that we can run into while you escape to the surface of Andromeda.” Ka’hul didn’t say a word since he didn’t like this plan at all. Kosa quickly found the controls rather easy to handle the expected. Pretty soon the ship they were on was getting attacked by their own guys as they made their way to the enemy carrier. “Get out, now. Unlock that door and get out”

Ka’hul hesitated and was galvanized into action by Kosa yelling at him to go. Ka’hul quickly unlocked the door and saw that there was no one in the hangar so they must have left once they found out the door to the control room was locked. The doors that ships exited were open and a shield kept the room from going low gravity.
Ka’hul began to run and jumped through the shield and then he was floating towards the atmosphere. Ka’hul turns around to see the big ship that his partner, and best friend, was on. Ka’hul just kept on watching with sadness in his eyes as he saw the ship remain on collision course with another carrier. A few moments later the big ship collided with the other ship and a large blue explosion and then another explosion happened around in the middle of the ship that was the bomb.
Weird, Ka’hul thought. The bomb seem to be some kind of black hole, it consumes whatever is near in a large area and disappears, both ships disappeared completely along with whatever ships tried to escape. Ka’hul began to realize that he was in the atmosphere and was free falling to the surface; Ka’hul had his jet pack on and turned off his cloaking devise so he was visible again.
Ka’hul turned around to see that the surface was getting closer and he realized that he was going to drop into a war zone, and on the enemies’ part of it. The enemies were gaining a lot of ground already on this planet. Ka’hul still had a job to do and that was to get the A.I. that will help him find the aliens pressure points and hit them as hard as possible. He was beginning to think that jumping into the atmosphere wasn’t such a great idea.
Ka’hul turn on his jet back to slow his fall but not by much he didn’t want to be an easy target for the enemy. “My luck is horrible.” Ka’hul says to himself as he drops into a full blown warzone. No one realized that Ka’hul had dropped in because usually the drop-pods that both sides used were larger so Ka’hul made it easy for the troops struggling to keep their foot hold. Ka’hul decided to use the grenade launcher that was on his back to destroy the turrets they had set up and demolish the only foot hold they had in the area. Once the turrets had gone it was an easy fight from then on. “So they use their technology and surprise to turn the tide of the battle… And numbers. Once the surprise is gone and technology is even level our troops can handle the weight of numbers easily, and a couple of nuclear warheads can take care of that.”
“Commander! How far am I from the shelter that holds the A.I I’m supposed to pick up?” Ka’hul waits a few moments. “A few klicks east. I’m impressed that you landed so close.” Ka’hul smirks to himself. “Don’t underestimate my abilities.” Ka’hul snickers knowing that landing here was completely by luck. “How’s Orbital command?” Ka’hul waits another few moments. “A lot better once both those carriers were gone. It took a bit to get the Mac gun online, once it was we’ve bottled them up at the slip space portal.”
Well at least something went right, Ka’hul thought. “Look it’s still getting bad up here, you need to get the A.I now and get on Sun fires ship!” Ka’hul doesn’t say anything as he looks around to study the terrain around him. Mountainous very mountainous. “Yeah, that might be a little harder than you might think.” Ka’hul looks around and disconnects his comlink, I can’t be distracted here. I could use a tank, it’s faster and with a tank you hit them as hard as you can. Ka’hul connects his comlink to the local network to hear silence. “Can I get a tank drop in here?” He waits for a few moments of silence before he’s answered. “No, but we can get an F-16 raptor in there.”
“Can I fly it?” A few moments of silence before he’s answer. “Yeah, we can get a C-130 in there carrying the F-16. Since you’ve cleared the area it’s much easier to get supplies in and out.” Ka’hul grins, things finally going my way. “We have your position, stay where you are.”
They bring stuff in fast, the C-130 stayed up about 10 meters and dropped the F-16 to the ground and flies off. Ka’hul jumps in the jet and studies the controls. There was a joystick with a trigger that must be the mini guns attached to it, and the red button on top would obviously fire missiles. Ka’hul flips the switch to turn on the engines and flips the switch that make the engines face the ground so he doesn’t need a plane strip. Ka’hul looks up and flips all the switches in a line, knowing nothing about what each of them do but the F-16 begins to lift into the air, Ka’hul waits until he’s at least 80 meters in the air before he flips the switch he did before and the F-16 goes from 0 to 200 miles per hour in a matter of seconds.

A klick is about 1000 meters, so it should only be a few minutes before he reaches his destination, which is if he doesn’t hit any enemy air forces on the way. Ka’hul seemed to be right about the enemy air forces, almost instantly he was challenged so he had to barrel roll right and evade. “Where are our own pilots?” His question was answered when he seen F-16s pursue the enemy.

Ka’hul decided to stay and help out; the enemy pilots seem to know what they’re doing where Ka’hul doesn’t so Ka’hul decides to improvise. And by improvise he means doing random stunts hoping he doesn’t hit his allies or another enemy ship. All Ka’hul is doing is just playing with the joystick and pressing random buttons, getting lucky about hitting enemy ships and not his own. Ka’hul began to think his allies have it under control so he makes a quick escape with no pursuers, at least for now.

It’s been a few minutes what he finally saw the huge towers of the city Sera. Sera have been known about their defenses and anti-air guns. The commander comes on in his comlink. “The A.I is in the main capitol building of Sera, forget the F-16 just eject out of it when you’re almost of the building.” Ka’hul laughs. “You like making things fun don’t you?” Ka’hul enters the city going 250 miles per hour and ejects right above the capitol building. The F-16 continued on for a good while and even distracted a few of the enemy forces which caused their advantage to disappear.

As Ka’hul was floating down he saw the huge ship behind the building he’s dropping into and finds out its Sun fire. Ka’hul began to get a sense of hurry and he unclips the parachute about 15 meters above the ceiling. Ka’hul slams right through the ceiling because his armor is so heavy that it was expected that Ka’hul smash through the ceiling. Ka’hul looks around to see about 30 odd men where pointing all kinds of weapons at him. Ka’hul smiles. “Hi.”

They take Ka’hul to the room where they have the A.I stored. No welcoming party? Ka’hul thought grimly. They shove Ka’hul into the room and shut the door tightly behind them. Ka’hul finds himself talking to the scientist that created the A.I and the Stranchrik program. “Ah, Ka’hul nice of you to show. Where’s Kosa?” Ka’hul hesitates and finally answers. “He didn’t make it.” The scientist walks up and just pats Ka’hul on the shoulder.

“Now this is very important that you listen, you listening?” Ka’hul nods. “You are to keep this A.I safe at all costs, you are to not let it get into enemy hands as it has all of our military strategies and the location of our home world, if you get captured and they try to take it, you are to destroy it. Alright?” Ka’hul nods and the scientist hands him a small computer chip “Put that in the back of your helmet where your comlinks is.” Ka’hul doesn’t so and a few seconds later Ka’hul gets startled by the voice that comes, Ka’hul makes note it sounds like the scientist.

“Is it supposed to talk?” The A.I laughs. “Yes, I am supposed to talk. I’m named John.” Ka’hul stares at the scientist. “You NAMED it? You have way too much time on your hands.” The scientist laughs and the building shakes, obviously an explosion somewhere in the building. “Quick! Get to Sun fire!” Ka’hul turns and runs out the door and takes a left. After a few seconds of running Ka’hul runs into a hangar and a huge door that must be Sun fire behind it.

The large door opens and Ka’hul runs through it along with a few tanks and quickly runs to the bridge. “Captain, we need to go!” The captain turns to him and says nothing. The Captain turns back to the screen and gives an order to someone and instantly they’re taking off. The large ship is met with pursuers but are soon subdued and pretty soon we’re out of the atmosphere and make a jump at a randomly chosen location. After a few minutes they’re alone inside enemy territory. “Ka’hul, go into cryogenic sleep, we’ll wake you when you’re needed.” Ka’hul puts John into the ships system and does as he’s told.

As the cryogenic tube closes its door Ka’hul soon falls asleep not knowing what will arrive when he wakes up.