I Hate My Ex Vampire

Author's note: I hope people will get enjoyment out of it. My inspiration? My best friend and her boyfriend. He...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I hope people will get enjoyment out of it. My inspiration? My best friend and her boyfriend. He kinda reminded me of a vampire.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next »

Dream

I was walking through a cornfield and I felt like someone was watching. I came across a bonfire and to the right of it I saw a man's back turned towards me, his shaggy blond hair and muscular figure looked oddly familiar. Then, he turned around and I saw who it was, of course he was familiar, it was Cody Harrison, my ex-boyfriend. He smiled and there was something off about him, he wasn't his self, he was different, he almost seemed...evil. His golden eyes glinted with a thirst I had only seen in the eyes of a predator like a wolf or lion or something like that. He stepped back and I saw my best friend, Katey Castle, tied to a tree behind him. Fear in her eyes, and scrapes and bruises all up and down her arms and legs, she looked like a scared animal in the line of a predator's hunt. Her long brown hair whipped in her face with the wind and revealed bite marks on her neck. Her green eyes were filled with pain and fear, her slim figure even skinnier than I remember when I last saw her.
"RUN ASHELY! He's not human!" I felt a sudden truth in her words, but I still didn't completely believe her.
"What? Of course he's-"
"On the contrary, love, she's exactly right, I'm not human." Cody said, with a malice in his words that made a cold chill run up and down my spine.
"How are you not human?" I asked, curiously brave on my account. He walked over to Katey, picked up a rock, and sliced her wrist. I saw his face change, veins were revealed under his eyes, the white in his eyes turned blood red, and...fangs? Yeah, fangs descended from his mouth. I could feel my eyes going wide and I willed my body to turn and run, but it wouldn't obey. I stood there, frozen in fear. He started walking towards me and finally my senses kicked in and I ran like hell. I could hear him laugh and that laugh almost made me sick. How had I ever loved this person? How had I not seen what he was? Because you thought you loved him stupid! My questions were answered mentally and I returned to the scene at hand. I was trying my hardest to avoid branches, underbrush, bushes, briers, etc. To no avail, though. The next thing I knew, I was on the ground with dirt and leaves in my mouth. The rusty flavor of blood filled my mouth and I rolled over and laid eyes on my pursuer. He hunkered down, grabbed me by
the throat, hoisted me up, and put me on the ground.
"What do you want from me?" I asked, hoarsely.
"Oh nothing, just...your BLOOD!" He said, as he leaned in and bit into my neck.
I shot straight up in bed covered in sweat, tangled in my sheets. I was breathing hard from my nightmare. I lay there for a minute just trying to process what I'd just been through. I finally decided to get up. I took a shower, standing there and letting the water run over me for about five minutes, then I got out and dried off and put my outfit on. I plaited my hair into a braid over my left shoulder and inspected my image in my vanity mirror.

BluBirdWriter13 said...
Couldn't stop reading. Good Writing

Born2Love97 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 18, 2012 at 7:02 pm :
Thank you very much

Nimra said...
This book is very good! You might become an author one day!!! :D  

Sept. 16, 2012 at 3:05 pm :
Thank you so much

Nimra replied...
Sept. 16, 2012 at 5:35 pm :
Well, i'm not lying! Writing is a gift only a few people in the world have, and u r one of them!!! Happy writing!!!

Sept. 16, 2012 at 7:53 pm :
Thanks and you too!

Vagabond replied...
Sept. 19, 2012 at 4:17 am :
omg I LOVED IT!! couldn't  help reading!! mind reading my book too "A new era" and post your reviews!! and you can actually be an author

Sept. 19, 2012 at 3:52 pm :
Thanks and yeah I'll read it!