Love is stronger | Teen Ink

Love is stronger

September 2, 2012
By Edith1 BRONZE, San Francisco, California
More by this author
Edith1 BRONZE, San Francisco, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"There comes a time in your life, when you realize who will always matter, who does matter, and who never did matter so don`t worry about people from your past, there`s a reason they DIDN'T make it to your future."


Author's note: This short story was a final project I present for my English class. I wrote this story because sometimes a dream awake to be one of the characters.

Once upon a time a young couple from different social classes met in most wonderful time of the year in New York City.

The girl’s name is Samantha Sandoval. She was raised in noble and rich family and she lives in Miami. Samantha loves her parents because they have given everything she wanted to have. She expressed that her parents are extraordinary. She shows her gratitude toward her parents by obeying to everything they determined is the best for her. Even thought sometimes she does not agree. Samantha considers that if she pleases her parents in everything, she would be happy because they want the best for her. Also Samantha has a Nanny, who has been spoiling her since she was born. Samantha is a girl of stunning beauty. With her aristocratic bearing, her large eyes, slightly cats and her mouth full, fleshy, makes the hearts of boys give an uncomfortable beat. She is the most popular girl at the school where she study and the most outstanding student. All boys at her age admire her and would give everything to win her heart, but she is concentrating on her studies because she has copious of goals. For example, she wants to major on journalism because her mother is considered one of the most recognized and influential female journalists in the U.S. In the other hand her father is a famous businessman for being the owner and manager of an aircraft company recognized globally and which one day will be inherited to Samantha.

The boy’s name is Guillermo Del Castillo. He was raised in a very poor family. He lives in New York City. Guillermo is a handsome boy, intelligent and a sports boy. He works and study at the same time because he wants to get ahead and help her mother that suffers of heart attack. He had a pretty hard childhood because he grew up without the support of his father because he left Guillermo’s mother when she told him that she was pregnant. His mother raised him with so much love that he wants her to feel proud of him. He is the most exceptional student at the school he attends. Willy how his mother called him since he was little, he wishes to be a doctor because he would like to help people who has limit resources and give his mother a better life.

One day in autumn Sam, how her father called her since she was born, decided to go to New York City because she want to explore Columbia University; the college where her parents met and fell in love. Samantha and nanny travel together and stay at The Setai hotel, the most luxury hotel in New York City. The room looks enormous, fancy, comfortable, and with white, brown furniture. While Sam is laying on the big white bed her nanny combs and strokes her gorgeous long black hair.

“Nanny why my parents take a lot of care about me,” asked Sam.

“Sweetie, you are the most valuable thing that they have and if they lose you they will be destroy,” Nanny said.

“Nanny, but they never let me go outside by myself, I always go out with you or bodyguard,” Sam murmured.

“Sam you don’t like to be with me” said Nanny.

“It’s not that, I just that I feel that my parents have a secret that I am not supposed to cognize,” said Sam.

When Sam mentions a secret, Nanny was very nervous.

“Why do you think that?” Nanny inquired.

I don’t know, but if there any secret that I should know I’ll find out. Can we go eat” Sam said.

“Okay, but first go take a shower” said Nanny.

While Sam was taking a shower, Nanny called Fernanda Sam’s mother. She expressed her that Samantha was speculating about if there any secret in the family that she should know about it.

“What does she know?” Sam’s mother asked.

“For now she does not know anything, but she feels that you are hiding something” said Nanny said.

“She never has to know the truth. If she asks again convince her that there is not secret,” said Sam’s mother.

“Of course, no one is interest that she knows the truth,” Nanny said.

Nanny told Samantha’s mother that Sam is about to come out from her sauna bath. After that Samantha and Nanny went to eat. The restaurant in the hotel is really elegant with many people, colorful and delicious food. The next day Sam and Nanny get ready to go see Columbia University.

Nanny told Samantha’s mother that Sam is about to come out from her sauna bath. After that Samantha and Nanny went to eat. The restaurant in the hotel is really elegant with many people, colorful and delicious food. The next day Sam and Nanny get ready to go see Columbia University.

“I have a feeling that today is going to be amazing” said Sam.

“Sure it will,” Nanny said.

Sam and Nanny left the Satai hotel. While, Willy get ready to go to volunteer at Columbia University as an offices assistant.

Samantha and Nanny were in front of the University building. Sam was amazed about how beautiful and interesting seem the University.

“Sam I’m going to look for a restroom okay” said Nanny.

“Okay, I will be around” responded Sam.

Nanny left and Sam was glancing around when Willy was riding his bicycle. Willy was listening to music when he crushed with Sam. She angrily said “don’t you see, are you blind”.

“I’m so sorry, are you okay?” Willy said.

Angrily Sam said, “silly question don’t you think.”

Smiling Willy said, “It wasn’t my intention to hurt you.”

“It’s okay I will not be loosing my time with you.” Sam said.

“You know what; you look more beautiful when you are mad” Willy rumored.

“Thank you, but you have to be careful in the street” said Sam.

“I’m so sorry again I would like to stay a longer time with you, but I have to go” Willy said.

“I hope I never see you again,” said Sam.

After that Willy left and Samantha walked inside the main office. She introduces herself. The principle of Columbia University talked to her and he asks her if she would like to take a tour. Sam’s first responded of course it would be a pleasure. The principle called a young boy who was in the other office. He said, “Guillermo please come.”

“Yes sir, how can I help you” said Willy.

“You again,” Sam reacted.

Meanwhile, Willy was thinking she is gorgeous, her lips seem soft, kissable and elegant posture tells me she is untouchable. She would never look me. The principle was talking to him.

“Guillermo, do you understand what you need to do?” the principle asked.

“Yes sir” Willy said.

The principle told Sam that she would be in good hands and then he left.

“What’s your name?” Willy asked.

“My name is Samantha Sandoval” She responded.

“It’s a great pleasure to meet you and my name is Guillermo, but you can called me Willy.” Willy said.
In a quite voice Sam said, “it was not nice to met you.”

“Do you say something” Willy asked.

“No Sam” replied.

As they walked Sam meant to be arrogant and affable. She asked, “Why people like you can work her?”

“What do you mean Samantha,” Inquire Willy.

“Blink it,” Sam responded.

Covertly Nanny told Willy that she is not what she pretends to be. Instead, she is as sweet as a vanilla cake.

“Oh my God is this the library” excited Sam Asked.

“Yes would you like to go inside?” Willy asked.

“Of course, I love books,” Smiling She said.

That was the first gesture of kindness that Sam had with Willy. For Willy the sweet smile was like a shock to his heart when he so it. While Sam entered the room full with copious of books and students reading. She was so excited to see the library. Then, they continue walking around. After they finished with the tour, Sam considers that she was wrong about how she treated Willy.

“Guillermo thank you for the tour, I am really happy about everything I see,” Samantha said in a nice voice.

“You are very welcome and I hope see you again,” Willy commented.

“Maybe one day,” Sam replied.

“Sam we have to go, it was a pleasure to meet you Willy” Nanny said.

Nanny and Sam left and Willy started to think that a girl like Samantha would be his girl and if she would see her again one day. She was blowing his mind.

In the other hand Sam was astonished about Columbia University and about Willy. She get to the hotel and few days later Sam told Nanny she was going to walk around the hotel. While she was walking unexpected Sam met up with Willy again. They started to talk.

“What are you doing here?” inquire Sam.
“I am going to start working here today,” he replied.

“Really, nice Willy,” she said.

“How long are you going to be hosted in this hotel?” he said.

“I’m living tomorrow Willy,” she responded.

“Oh too bad, I wish you could stay longer,” he said.

“Why?” she inquire.

“I couldn’t stop thinking about you since I met you. You are gorgeous,” Willy said.

Surprise Sam said, “What are you trying to say is that you like me?”

“Yes I do” said Willy.

“Wow, never passed through my head that you like me and my parents would never let me be with you,” she said.

“I understand Sam, maybe we can be friends,” Willy said.

“Of course,” she said.

“So tell me are you going to study at Columbia University?” he inquires.

“I don’t know yet because I have been looking to other Universities,” Sam said.

“Well was a great to see you again, but I have leave you I need to start to work. Bye,” Willy said.

They hug each other. The next morning Sam and Nanny left the hotel and New York City and went back to Miami.

. When she gets home her parents were arguing about something. They were saying that Sam should never know the truth of her pass.

Sam interrupted the conversation, “mom what truths about my pass are you talking about?

“No honey we are just talking about how beautiful you were when you were little,” her mother said.

“Mom doesn’t lie to me please, if there is any secret that knew to know I rather that you tell me right now,” Sam said.

Sam’s father look at his wife and said, “She’s right she deserves to know the truth about from where does she came from.”

Sam’s mother said, “When your dad and I married, we wanted to have a baby. I try to get pregnant, but I couldn’t. So we went to the doctor and he communicated us that I was barren.”

Sam confused inquired, you are saying that I’m’ not your daughter.”

Sadly Sam’s father said, unfortunately you are not our biological daughter, but we love you.”

Crying Sam said, “I am not your daughter, who I am?”

“You are our daughter, we love you and care about you that the only things that matter to us,” her parents said.

Sam runs to her room crying and bleak. She locks the door and she started to think copious questions that she could not find any answer. Sam fell asleep and the next morning she decided to talk to her adopted parents because she needed answer to her questions. Her parents were at the dining room eating breakfast when she enters.

“Good morning,” she said.

“Greetings dear,” her parents said.

“Are you going to eat sweetheart” Nanny asked.

“Yes please,” Sam responded.

“What do you what to eat?” Nanny inquired.

“I would like to eat fresh fruit and yogurts made from Sweden please,” she said.

“Okay dear” said Nanny.

“I have many questions and I want answers from you,” Sam said.

“Okay what do you want to know?” her parents responded.

“I want know why you never told the truth when I was little?” she asked.

“Sweetheart you father and I agreed that it was the best for you, we did not wanted to hurt you” Sam’s mother said.

“Who are my biological parents? And are they alive?” asked Nanny.
“We know that you mother is dead at least, but we don’t know a lot,” her parents said/

“How do you know?” Sam inquired.

“Well we know that because Nanny brought you with us. She was our maid, she knew your mother was not able to have babies and her friend pathway when she giving birth. If we did not adopted you were going be sent to an orphanage and when your mother saw you she fell in love with you. W promised that we were going to raised you and love as our own child,” her father said.

“How about my father?” she asked.

Nanny interrupted, your biological father left your mother when she told him she was pregnant.”

“I feel really disappointed with you all because you never told me this, but I recognized that you are amazing and you have take care of me with so much love that I can not deny that you are the most wonderful parents that many would wish to have and I don’t change you for no body,” Sam said.

They hug each other and her parents expressed her that she is the best daughter that God bless them with. Since that day Sam’s parents did not hide any secret from her. After all they continue living happier.

In a hot day, after few months later Sam packed her staffs to go to Columbia University. While, Willy receives news that changes his life, he gets a scholarship to study I the university that he wants. He decided to apply to Columbia and he was accepted. He was excited because he wanted to see Sam after a long time. They both move to live at the Campus of Columbia University, but they have not seen each other. He thought that Sam did not decide to study at Columbia. They were living in different room’s areas but one day Sam was moved to the room next to Willy’s room, so they were neighbors. The next day Sam was holding her books when she closes her room door when she turns around her books fold at the ground because she collided with Willy.

Angry she picks out her books said, “Be more careful next time, I have bad luck because I always collided with someone.”

Then she looks up and it was Willy the one who collided with her. They were happy to see each other again. They found out that they were neighbors and they started to do things together and Sam fell in love with him.

The story should be continuing…



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.