New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Flight Tour

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

The Quiet Night

As time went by, stars came to the night sky. In city, I had never watched sky to my heart's content. And it was my first time to see what the milky way like. I only knew her appearance from books and TV programs previously.

The airbus then landed at a small village, actually a resort in the valley. The sky was just like the roof of a room, with hills and mountains as walls. And the roof had so many small lamps to lighten the ground. The screen on the bus told me that this village was Dunkelplatz.

"It is said that this village is a suitable place for astronomy amateurs."I lay down onto the hillside, "How amazing! How could I forget to take the small binoculars with me!" Cygnus was directly at the top of the sky, America Nebula was able to be seen just with my own eyes. If in the city, it was flooded by lights. Especially the neon lamps of the school.

"What if you become an astronomer after growing up?" A girl walked close to me. She was my classmates, Noreen, but also a singer and actress.

"How do you know I'm here?" I wondered, asking her.

"You have met so many unfortunate events, haven't you?" She smiled, "Comfort is in need. Because unfair things were really too frequent for you. But you should know what if you're an astronomy scientist."

"You know my childhood dream? When I was a child, I dreamed to be a astronomer so that I could make friends with celestial bodies, and also I could own the clear night sky like tonight. I am convinced that you ought to enjoy your fames and fortunes rather than interfere my thinking now!" I had no desire to accept her comfort and psychological talk. I kept on observing the sky and I first saw meteors with my own eyes. Of course, I had only seen them in planetariums or books.

However, Noreen did not seem to took notice of my silence. She continued saying, "If you're an astronomer, you will be unwell-known for whole life. Even you achieve some academic successes, you still can't be recognized by the public. That is an occupation without any connection with fame. That's a huge suffer and unfair as your contribution might be far more important than I."

"I don't pay attention to that." I said, "I wanted to be an astronomer, just because I loved astronomy. That was simple when I was a child. Whether be known by others or interviewed by those media and be a famous could not bother a lot."

Maybe childish dream was always the purest one. Several years ago, I did not notice the unfairness from school teachers or classmates, though unfairness in our country's education system was really common. And after middle school, I fell in love with music and other interests besides study science knowledge.

"You have made some songs in school, right?" Noreen asked me,"You have preformed with your partners on parties in school, but you have always been neglected. Your works have been recognized."

"Maybe the works are more likable than myself. Let it be." Watching universe could be more interesting. And Jupiter came bigger. The great red spot could be seen clearly, as the storm hid in the red and brown clouds. With the light reflected from the atmosphere on the Jupiter, the ring was much brighter.I was amazed by the fact that I could be so close to Jupiter. And earth was just like a moon of Jupiter. But suddenly, Jupiter flew further and further, and the sky became blue, then white. It was just a dream! And Noreen had never come. The airbus stopped still at the place last night.

"Hello boy! Come on!" The driver asked me to get on the bus, keeping on our trip.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Vagabond said...
Sept. 6, 2012 at 7:58 am:
O M G wow!!! god i really loved it!! mind checking my book ''a new era'' i would be really glad to recive comments :)  

MichaelZhangThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Sept. 6, 2012 at 9:23 am :
Thank you for your comment here, and I'd like to read your new book soon.