A New Era | Teen Ink

A New Era

By Vagabond SILVER, New Delhi, Other
Vagabond SILVER, New Delhi, Other

Every end is a new beginning;
What a caterpillar calls an end the rest of the world calls a butterfly;
"Begining are normally sacary endings are normally sad,
it's in the middle which makes life worth living"

“You are not born with a destiny,
You make one”
-Iris Stone

Now when I look back to what all has happened in last few years, I become conscious about how much I have changed. It’s not just me who has changed; every single individual I’ve known has changed. It is a change that everyone fears, or maybe it is the reason for the change, that everyone fears. Time earlier passed so slowly. I realize that I had so much and now I have… Just people around me, Scared and Scary people around me. These people fight and make every battle a war. Yes, a war is what I feared the most. Sometimes things change, the way we don’t want them to. But then, change is the only undying thing in the world. Savannah Parks said it right “Lessons sometimes are learnt in best circumstances and sometimes in the worst.”

Few years ago:

“AJ!!!!! Wake up!!” mom shouted.
“Mom! It’s Sunday, let me sleep a little more!!” I requested.
Mom took a long breath, tied her dark black hair and started to take my blanket off my body. She said patiently,
“Honey, everyone is awake, and daddy is at home. He promised that he would tell you about the history of EN. Get up quickly. Or else he would be disappointed.”
I was in no mood to dissatisfy her so I jumped out of the bed, hugged her and said “Morning mom! Pray that my weekend goes better than Naomi.” And rushed to get fresh. It took me 30 minutes to get ready. Everyone was having their brunch. The minute I arrived Naomi commented, “Oh look whose here. AJ finally found time to come.” Naomi is my “elder” sister. She too has black hair like me and mom. And she hates me just like I hate her!
I was about to pass a comment, when mom said:
“Naomi, please not today. She is younger to you. Behave.”
“Mom, younger?? Seriously, just two years.” Naomi protested
Rest of the brunch was without any episode. After the brunch, as intended, dad started telling us the story of EN.
“This all happened only a few years ago, when a group of scientists, including me found a planet which was almost like our real home, planet Earth. Later it was known as Esse Novum. To be specific it all happened just some 10 years ago.”
“Why is it called Esse Novum?”
“It is Latin for ‘another existence’” Dad explained
“Does Earth, the old planet still exist?” I asked
“Yes, of course in fact only some 200 families are here. There were 25 scientists who found the planet, so, they got to come here.”
“What about the rest 175 families?”
“To find those families a set of investigators, which included your mom, were sent to find people who were not spoilt. Which means, having, no illegal background. They also came here. But you had to pay a definite amount of money per head to come here and there are certain set of laws here so that this planet doesn’t become like Earth.”
“Like earth?” I asked confused.
“Yea! In earth, there is smoke every where, people buy air to breathe! And people fight to live to tell the tale!” Naomi said briefly.
“OMG!! Dad, what about the people there? How is their life?”
“It’s terrible. Death is sweeter than life there.”
“No water, no humanity…nothing.” Naomi added
Terrible! I mean we are quite lucky. I wondered.
“What year is it in Earth?”
“I think…2597”
“Hey Naomi when we shifted here you were five so, do you remember anything?” I asked her.
She was after all, she, the great Naomi. “Yes, I do…You were so comical little creature…people on the space-ship couldn’t help laughing…I remember it quite clearly without any hesitation…HEHEHE”
“MOM!!”
“Girls, for heaven’s sake!”

“Learn from yesterday, Live for today, hope for tomorrow.”
-A. Einstein

That afternoon Ira with Evan (her brother) came at our place. Ira is and has forever been my bestie…And her Brother Evan is Naomi’s best friend, he is about of Naomi’s age (but he acts more mature!) When they came at our place we all went to my bedroom and we played all the possible games we could. I also told them about the history Dad told us. Ira seemed very surprised but Evan was calmer. Mr. and Mrs. Parker were also there. They were talking to mom and dad, Or rather whispering to them. Mom, dad Mrs. and Mr. Parker seemed very much tensed. I couldn’t help noticing their tensed faces.
“Hey!! It’s your turn, are you…sleeping?” Naomi shouted.
“Oh! Yeah…I’m sorry, I got distracted.”
“You’re always distracted, nothing new”
“Hey!!”
“Whatever!”
Ira also noticed mom-dad and others faces as she was also staring at them.
“Do you know what is it about?” I finally asked her.
“I don’t know…I mean today mom and dad told us that, they had something important to discuss with your parents, so they had to meet your parents, we could also come along and play with you, if we wanted, we came along with them. I wonder what the matter is.”
Then mom-dad looked at all of us for a second and called Naomi and Evan. When they left, Ira and I started to observe them. They were telling them both something. Naomi and Evan’s expression suddenly changed. They also joined the “tensed group”
“Let’s go and see what the matter is.” Suggested Ira.
It was a good Idea. We both went to see what the matter was.
“Hi mom! What’s up?” Ira asked.
“Nothing hon. Go and play. Don’t you see elders are talking here?” Mrs. Parker replied politely.
“If elders are talking why Naomi is here?” I said jokingly.
I anticipated a big argument, but to my surprise she remained quite! Ira and I waited for some seconds to try to hear what were they talking about but they just gave us “that look” which said “Get lost!” so we retraced our steps back to my room. But I walked slowly so I could hear something but the words which I heard were only “Mayor…I knew this would happen…so what now?” When I came back I told Ira about what I just heard. She thought for a moment and said,
“Mayor…so maybe it is related to our world…Esse Novum?” (There is
only one mayor for whole EN)
“Maybe”
Soon it was time for the lunch. I didn’t even realize how time passed so quickly! Everyone ate lunch in silence which was quite creepy… After the lunch, dad switched on the Solar-Tele and we all started watching news. This was not how I wanted my weekend to be, full of mysteries… The first thing that came up in the news channel was “ALERT!!”

“We are all in the same game- with different levels.
Dealing with same hell- just different devils”.

I could see the mayor speaking in the mike, “There is nothing to worry, stay calm. Now I would like to go the facts…” before the Mayor could go on dad switched off the T.V.
“What’s the matter dad?” I asked. He seemed worried. Everyone seemed worried except me and Ira, as we were the only one who had no idea about what the hell was going on.
“It’s nothing.” Dad said.
“They should know it! I mean they are anyway going to know it, so why don’t we tell them?!!” mom protested.
“We’ll tell them” Evan said and dragged me and Ira with him. Naomi came along.
When we reached our bedroom I quickly got down to my bed and looked at them with a lot of hopes.
Silence.
“So?” Ira asked after a long stillness.
Silence.
“So…?” I repeated nervously.
“So-Ohm- you remember today dad told us about, well about earth…how life is there.”
“Yes of course it is really bad and sad…no instance of humankind!”
“Yea…so the people of earth…fine I’ll just let it go…” Naomi took a deep breath and continued.
“Yea, so as I was saying the life in earth is completely dejected. The ozone layer is almost finished. People eat all kind of rubbish food. There is practically no life there. So the people of earth got really fed-up and they have all been trying to come in EN, for a long time, to get a better life. But of course they can’t come for free and also there are many conditions to it…you know there’s a book called “Rules of survival” it has all the conditions…”
“Just spit it out!” Ira said sharply.
“Alright, so as I was saying, they wanted to come in earth and they have been trying for so long, a few people in earth made many, many spaceships, bombs, guns etc. to make sure that all the people from earth come and…well attack here…so um… the-the-they have attacked here!” I could feel the horror in her voice.

“They have what?” I said as calm as I could. I could hear my voice trembling.
“Well, did you tell them?” Mr. Parker asked as he entered our room.
“Yes dad.” Evan answered.
“Fine then in 30 mins pack all your cloths and books, we are going to leave this place and go in a hide out, make sure you don’t add useless stuff and act normal don’t try to act oddly…we have arranged with some people…we’ll be staying at their home until the place is safe.”

“The world suffers a lot.
Not because of the violence of bad people.
But because of the silence of good people.”
-Napoleon

It all happened in 15 seconds as if my life is shattered. I know what ‘hide out’ means. It means no normal life, no school fun, no chatting freely, no nothing. No more fun, usual life, the life that was boring that I was, am and have always been scared to leave it. Billions of thoughts were running in my mind. How can this happen? Are they serious? How long will the hide out last? Will the Earthians leave? “We have arranged with some people…we’ll be staying at their home until the place is safe.”
Seriously?
Some people?
How is this happening…so suddenly? it seems like a nightmare to me. It will take me forever to recover from this shock…or maybe never…I started packing my items. Mom, dad, Mr. and Mrs. Parker were all discussing something. I felt really very creepy.
30 MINUTES LATER
Everything was ready. For the last time, I bid goodbye to my house. I knew I would miss this house. I would miss everything. We were about to leave when our neighbors old Mr. and Mrs. Pierce came and asked:
“Going somewhere?”
“Nothing special, just kids were insisting for trip, so-you know…” Mom said faking a smile.
They smiled and left gracelessly.
We sat in the solar-car. The car started. A new chapter in my life had begun.
“The biggest problem is the people of earth look like us so it is hard to differentiate them.” Naomi said after a long stillness.
“I know. Once we reach there we should stay together no matter what happens.” Evan said.
“No matter what!” Ira repeated.
“Wh...what’s gonna happen now?” I asked Naomi, as I hugged her.
“Nothing’…I mean there is a war going...” She said hugging me tightly.
“A WAR!” I asked clutching her hand.
“Don’t worry we’re gonna stay together!” she said calmly. Her voice was very soothing and satisfying, I don’t know why but when she said this, felt very sure, as if the war would really stop.

“Keep smiling, one day the life will get tired of upsetting you”

The truth is, after seeing everything happening so quickly and suddenly in front of my eyes, in three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life, IT GOES ON and no one can stop or prevent it.
After 20 minutes of journey we stopped in front of a house. It was far away from the city, I could not feel peaceful there, rather, I felt restless.
A girl about my age came in front of our car to greet us. She was taller than me, maybe by 1-2 inches. She had golden hair and blue eyes. She was smiling, “Finally, you people are here! Come on in!” She tried sounding happy but I could feel grief. All of us went inside the house. It was a simple plain house with simple furniture, a table 6 chairs and a tele. She came towards me and Ira and said,
“Hi I am Jo.”
“Hey, I am AJ, and she is Ira” I introduced.
Just then a lady entered the room. She was in her mid-forties, and a short lady, with golden hair, like Jo. With her entered a boy, of about Naomi’s age, he was about of Evan height, (1.5 inches taller than Naomi, as Naomi puts it!) He too had golden hair.
“Hi, I am Sam, Jo’s brother” He introduced.
“And…I am Agatha, their aunt.”
“Hi!” we all greeted. And Mom introduced us.
Soon all of us started talking, I felt as if we were not on ‘escape camp’ but on some ‘meet and greet, get-together camp.’ It was evening, about 7:30 PM. Mom, Mrs. Parker and Agatha went for a walk in village. Dad warned them to return before 8 and not to talk to strangers. Jo showed us our rooms. There were 3 rooms, in first room Mom, Agatha and Mrs. Parker were to stay. In second room, Dad, Mr. Parker, Sam and Evan were to stay. And in third room Naomi, Ira, Jo and I were to stay. Our room had two bunk beds a table and a chair.
“We actually had 1 bunk bed but then we took another one when Mr. Parker informed aunt that he was coming.”
It was decided that Jo and Naomi would share a bed and Ira and I would share the second bed. I had to finally accept that this is how life is going to be, no use of complaining so LIVE IT OR LEAVE IT.

“We stopped checking for monsters under our bed, when we realized they were inside us.”

After dinner at about 9:00PM all of us were in the Hall watching Tele. Mom, Dad, Mr. and Mrs. Parker, Agatha and Naomi were sitting on the chairs and rest of us were on the floor watching the news with full concentration as if it was the last thing to do in life. The news changed my whole world. EN, the world where we were, where our houses were, was no more…LITRELLY. They looked like us but behaved like monsters. Earthians threw a bomb in the city to “warn the mayor” that there can be more to come if he doesn’t allow Earthians to reside. The Mayor replied “No, not even if you blast my house!” Too bad they took him seriously and the Mayor is no more. Seriously no more, like dead!! And the Earthians declared a war. So much happened today that no matter how tired I am, I can’t sleep. Before going to bed, I helped others in cleaning the dishes. For dinner we had vegetables, Evan, Sam and Naomi cooked it. It was very tasty. Mom, Iris, Agatha and I cleaned the dishes. Nobody spoke during the dinner or after the dinner. It seemed as if someone died. Everyone whished each other good night (which was somewhat useless) and went to their rooms. When I entered my room, there was no one inside. Ira and Jo were chatting with mom and Agatha. Then Naomi entered the room. She closed the door behind her, smiled at me and said tenderly,
“How’re you feeling?”
“How am I feeling? What do you think, how does a person feel, in middle of a stupid war?”
“Yea! I can guess! Common’ lets get some sleep.”
“Hmm…good night Naomi!” saying this I hugged her tight. I felt her hand squeezing mine.
“Good night AJ” she whispered slowly.
Just then Ira and Jo entered the room. We all sat down cross legged facing each other, on the floor, and started chatting.
“So AJ, what does AJ stand for?” Jo asked.
“It’s for Anna Jane” Ira answered on my behalf as if it was asked to her not to me.
I could think of nothing but, the war that was going on…
That night I tried to sleep but I couldn’t. Naomi and Jo were fast asleep. I could hear Naomi breathing heavily, where as Jo was breathing softly. Naomi was much dead beat at the end of the day and it was very evident as after the dinner she came directly to bed and not went to talk to others. She was also much tensed about what was going on. Jo had taken the upper birth where as Naomi had taken the lower birth. I bent down in the lower birth to see if Ira was awake. And she was, as her eyelids for moving here and there. I bent down a little and whispered to Ira,
“Hi! Are you awake?”
“Yep, and you?”
“Obviously!”
“I can’t believe so much happened!”
“Yeah!”
“Hush… did you hear that?”
We heard a click out side the house, and then we suddenly heard a loud voice, like an explosion. Everyone was awakened due to noise. In our room, Naomi quickly got up from bed woke Jo and rushed out to see, what was going on. Everyone met at the hall.
“Everyone is fine right?” Sam asked.
“Yeah!” Naomi answered on behalf of everyone.
Evan went to see Mom, Mrs. Parker and Agatha. Just then Mr. Parker and dad joined us. “Let’s go and see what the matter is.”
We all went out. It was cold outside. I was shivering. I was barely able to put my soul and body together.
“WHAT THE HELL?!” said Evan as soon as he entered along with Mom and Mrs. Parker. Agatha joined them after fraction of seconds.
The garden was on fire. Some body had thrown a bomb or any explosive in our backyard. The EARTHEINS did it!
So the war has started… “Get inside the house NOW!” Dad commanded. Within seconds everyone was inside the house in the hall. It was a tensed situation. I could see Naomi and mom worried like hell. Even I was so distressed. Nobody could sleep that night.
“I think we need to notify people here, that danger is arriving.” Mrs. Parker said.
“No need, that blast was not a silent one, the whole village or probably even next village must have heard the bang.” Sam replied.
It was true, the voice of explosion was still echoing in my ear drums. There was some sort of trembling passing through my spinal chords which started giving me Goosebumps.
“Where are your parents?” Dad asked addressing Sam and Jo.
“In Earth.” Sam said.
“Earth, why?” Mom asked.
“They could not afford to bring everyone here as it was very expensive. Dad knew Agatha so she lives with us.” Jo explained.
Later on everyone went to sleep. I knew nobody was actually sleeping. Time passed quite swiftly.

“Let your smile change the world but don’t let the world change your smile.”

4 weeks later:

It has been over month since we’ve been living together. A lot of things have happened by then. I have changed a lot. Sara my classmate was killed in an explosion by the E-ians. It seems as the sadness and grief is taking over my life I have forgotten all the happy and joyful moments and emotions. The best I can expect in a day is, that at the end of the day there are 9 people here. I hate this life and world. Last week it was my birthday. I turned 14. We couldn’t rejoice it. The supply of food is getting lesser and lesser. The temperature is dropping day by day. The government is unable to have any refuge camps or anything because they are running out of funds. There is no military here, because no war was ever supposed to happen here. 3 weeks ago, there was a meeting between 8 top members of CPEN (Committee for Peace in Esse Novum) and 7 main leaders of the E-ians. CPEN said that, if the E-ians. would leave EN and give them time for 10yrs. then they would search for a planet equal to EN and shift them there and help them progress like EN. In return the E-ians disagreed; they shot the 7 members of CPEN in front of the camera! The whole world witnessed the event. It was a live event. Then the war was officially announced by the 8th and only alive member of CPEN. He also announced that he was seeking for volunteers for forming a military against E-ians.
Today morning when we went to the farm to pluck the veggies, I saw a man standing.
“Excuse me, can I help you?” I asked.
Jo, Mom and Evan were working a little far away from where I stood and helping Agatha picking the veggies. Naomi and Sam were at home working in kitchen. Mr. Parker and dad went for a meeting which was for the scientists of EN (BSEN- Board of Scientists in Esse Novum)
“Yes, actually you can.” Saying this, the man pulled out a gun. My heart freezed for a moment. My throat went dry. I couldn’t shout or do anything. I thought of running but my legs wouldn’t move. It all happened in fraction of seconds. He pulled the trigger and my whole body went numb and then everything went black.
Nothing else. No memory. Nothing.
Few hours later:
It took me a lot of hard work to open my eyes, but I finally managed to do so. Naomi was smiling at me. I was shot. And it is more likely that I survived. My whole body was trembling. A mark was left on my body. Forever.
“Hi, you alright?” she asked smilingly.
“Yeah, just my stomach is aching badly.” I complained.
“That’s because you were shot.”
“So, a part of this war is in my body.”
“Yea! Thank god the bullet just touched you, nothing serious.”
Everyone was there; I was on a bed, most probably Ira’s bed. As soon as I got up everyone started to hug me and kiss me. After all the love and care was done, I asked dad and Mr. Parker about the meeting.
“It was great” Mr. Parker said smilingly.
“I have some good new for you all.” Dad said.

“It might be stormy now but it can’t rain forever.”

“Are you sure it is going to work?” mom asked doubtfully.
“Yes of course” Dad said
“Remember the children’s lives are at the risk” Agatha reminded.
“Don’t worry, we have checked and re-checked it.” Mr. Parker reassured.
It seemed a good idea to me. The members of BSEN scratched their brains and thought that it had been 10 years since the people shifted to EN and definitely there must be some kind of DNA change, so to find it they took a DNA sample from a person residing in EN and one sample from E-ians. (One of the dead, found in the CPEN gunfire) and they noticed that there is a slight change due to the atmospheric difference.
The air here is more pleasant and there a many small micro-organisms which only the ENs can tolerate. The BSEN decided that if they would take some volunteers (which include Ira, Evan, Jo, Sam, Naomi and me) they will spread a virus known as ‘Hico-siko virus’ in every village. The E-ians will start having skin itches and rashes once they come in contact with the HSV. This will help in distinguishing them with the ENs as they will turn red with rashes. It will take 40 minutes for the virus to multiply into millions. This will help differentiate ENs with E-ians, therefore the new military will start shooting and killing them. According to them, this has to be done because the E-ians are not accepting their idea.
Finally, something good is happening.

“Be better than you were yesterday”

It was night. The ‘virus spreading campaign’ would start tomorrow (I got conscious at 8:40 PM) All of us ate dinner. There was still some hope left. I could see a good future. In fact, I was so glad that finally something happened after a month. The past month actually passed so slowly…
After dinner we all went to sleep hoping for some more good news…
Next Morning:
Everyone was wide awake by 8 AM. Mom and Mrs. Parker stated that they would make the breakfast. Agatha said that she would clean the house and Mr. Parker and dad went for their BSEN meeting. 6 of us (Jo, Ira, Naomi, Evan, Sam and me) were ready with our bags which had the virus. There were 12 bottles for each, and each bottle had some HSV in spray form, we had to spread each bottle in different places in the whole village.
“Go in groups of two and don’t talk to strangers.” Mom commanded.
“Also stay close and be careful. No need to blend with others. Am I clear?” Mrs. Parker added firmly.
“Yes ma’am.” All of us replied.
“And also save a bottle for ourselves” mom finished.
The groups were made. A) Ira and Evan, B) Jo and Sam, C) Naomi and me.
The village was distributed in three parts.
i)
The bazaar area
ii)
The colony area
iii)
The playground area
Ira took the bazaar area, Jo took the playground area and we took the colony area.
It was 9:00 in our watches. “We will meet here by 9:45 no matter what happens.” Sam said.
The plan was ready, so was the group. Everyone wished each other luck and left. I prayed, that all of us return home safe and alive…
-----------------------------¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬---------------------------------------------------------
There were 24 houses in the colony area and total 24 bottles.
“Let’s distribute the bottles and spread the virus. It will be quick.” I suggested.
“No need. We have plenty of time. You forgot ‘Stay together?’ we will stay together.” Naomi replied.
Obviously she was worried for me. Especially after I got shot. We started spreading the virus.
“You know it was not your mistake.” I said
“About what?”
“The gunfire. You couldn’t do anything even if you were there.”
“I could have saved you. I should have taken care of you.”
“C’mon, I am fine; you are fine, everyone is fine. Relax.” Saying this I hugged her as tightly as possible.
40 Minutes later:
We sprayed the virus everywhere and emptied all our bottles except for one. As it was decided that me and Naomi will save one bottle. We went back to our home and found Jo and Sam already waiting for us. We went to them.
“Done?” Naomi asked.
“Yes” Jo replied.
Just then Evan and Ira came back and joined us.
“Finished?” I asked Evan. He nodded
We went back to the house and I carefully kept the last surviving bottle of virus in the center table. Mom, Mrs. Parker and Agatha were seated in chairs. Mom and Mrs. Parker were telling Agatha about their experience in earth, when they went to investigate and what all problems they faced, but they stayed together as a team and as best friends. When we entered, mom looked at us and smiled and said,
“Thank god!! You’re all okay!”
Just then we heard a knock in our door. We all got alert. Who could it be? We all wondered.

“You never know how strong you are
Until being strong is the only choice you have”

Mom got up and went to see who was there. Others followed her behind. But I waited for a moment and when they went near the gate I quietly took the bottle of Virus and joined them. There was a man standing at the door.
“Yes?” Mom asked.
“Ma’am are you Mrs. Jane?”
“Who wants to know?” mom asked firmly. I had never seen her so strong or strict.
“Ma’am you and your partner Mrs. Parker are called upon to join the military.”
“What?” Mrs. Parker asked.
I firmly held bottle, as at any moment I would spray at the man. As it is better to be sure than sorry.
“Ma’am the military, against the Earthians!” The man tried to convince.
“No. I’m sorry but I have a family to take care of.” Mom said and started to go, but the man insisted
“Ma’am others are also coming and it’s your duty to come.”
The man started to come closer. I got so scared that I sprayed the bottle all over him.
“What...The…?” the man asked shocked.
Just then the man started to itch. He was an Earthian. We all witnessed it, but none of us had the nerve to go and kill him. But then the hidden power of mom arose and she took a knife and ran to him and stabbed him.
We all watched the man die wide eyed.
“We need to dispose the body.” Mom said looking at Mrs. Parker.
“Then let us, as it is not against the law to kill an Earthian.”
Mom and Mrs. Parker dragged the body we all just watched them go like some idiots. Soon it was noon, Dad and Mr. Parker came back. We told him about the happening. Dad just smiled at mom and said,
“Good job! We need to be alert and strong. Had not your mom be strong you all would be dead! And good AJ, you all should have taken the bottle of virus”
The rest of the day passed without any incident.

“Pain is inevitable,
Suffering is optional.”

It had been a week since the bottles had been sprayed. All the time E-ians were in news. I was suddenly in love with the news channel! There were about 45 deaths in a week! Still there had been many blasts by the E-ians as they wanted to finish their ‘mission’. Our neighbors, were also very kind to us, they would come to our place and help in cooking. Jo and Sam were especially very close to them.
Today when they came to our house to help us in cooking (we ran out of potatoes and onions, so they came for the rescue) while cooking, some oil spilled on Mrs. Schaffer (our neighbor) she gave a small shriek “Ah!”
Instantly, Jo shouted “Mom, you’re fine?”
MOM? But they were our neighbors…
“Mom?” Dad asked.
“Uh…You…know we consider our neighbors as our parents.” Sam said stammering.
Mom felt suspicious and slowly said, “Really, so will you mind if we do the virus test?”
“What’s the need of virus test…we’ve known them for years.” Agatha said.
“Then what’s the problem with the test?”
“There is no problem…”
“Just spit it” Mr. Schaffer said.
Before anyone could say anything Naomi said dryly,
“They are your parents aren’t they? Let me guess, they came with other Earthians? In fact they came next to your place not ‘years’ ago but ‘months’ ago? You know this is not legal.”
Silence.
“I think you should surrender yourself to the military” Mom added coldly.
“How would you feel, if you had to leave your parents because they could not afford to come here. You have no idea how life is there! My parents worked day and night for our future. But they never could afford to come here. Can you leave your family because of some bloody rule?? My parents are ready to wait 10years for search of another planet. But you military wont listen! Can you leave your parents? ANSWER ME!!” saying this Jo started weeping.
Nobody had any answer. I can’t imagine leaving mom and dad.
“If the military realizes that we are helping E-ians it won’t be a good sight. I think you need to leave this place” Mrs. Parker said.
“One last question” Dad interrupted “How did the spray not affect you, which the kids sprayed in the colony?”
“Kids told us about the spray, therefore we started wearing small piece of fake skin over our body” Mr. Schaffer replied
Within minutes it was decided Jo, Agatha and Sam would not live with us.
I really hated the idea; I mean we became so close. I would really miss gossiping with Jo or the tasty food by Agatha or the brotherly love by Sam. Why did it happen? I was actually so devastated. They packed all their stuff. All 6 of us (Jo, Sam, Ira, Naomi, Evan and me) were crying. Mom and other elders were cold.
They were outside the house. I waved good-bye to them.
Jo opened her mouth to say something, unexpectedly there was a huge blast. A wave pushed me behind. Suddenly, I couldn’t see or hear anything as if, I became deaf and blind. There was fire on park. Jo, Sam, Agatha, Mr. and Mrs. Schaffer…gave up their ghost. Only their ashes were left behind. E-ians killed E-ians. I couldn’t believe my eyes. So much happened all at once. Jo and Sam died! God I can’t believe it!
I hate this world. This war is killing everyone. I started feeling so insecure. No place is secure…I am so scared all my loved ones are dying…

“Giving up doesn’t always mean you are weak…
Sometimes it means you are strong enough to let go.”

3 Months later:

It has been 3 months, since so much happened. But still I can’t move on. I mean so much happened. I have become so silent. I don’t prefer to blabber anymore. Naomi has become so silent. Ira and Evan are now so serious. Lunch and dinners are normally silent. The supply of food has increased as we took over Schaffer’s food too. Yesterday, on news the reporter was saying that the military found a man (E-ian) who is ready to speak and he said about 567 E-ians came here. According to the research, Only 1 E-ian is left. People are very happy that within days EN will be back to normal. A new era will be started. I am happy too, but I will have a memory, or rather many memories with me about the war…

‘Life asked death, “Why do people love me but hate you?”
Death responded, “Because you are a beautiful lie and I am a painful truth”’

All of us went for walk in the park. Nobody spoke anything. Silence. But I was now used to it. It was nothing new to me. The probability of the only E-ian meeting us was very fewer. But I guess the E-ian had to meet someone…
A man came standing in front of us, when we were on our way to the park. He was red with rashes. He had a pistol in his hand, facing straight at me. Everyone stopped. I was scared. For the second time in my life I could not take control of my movements. My whole body went numb and cold like ice. I was looking at him and he was looking at me. I was as dry as ashes. He smiled. I felt like a trapped bird. No one said anything. I had no idea what were others expression. Within fraction of seconds a bunch of things happened. He fired at me, but then, some one pushed me and saved me but got shot. I closed my eyes. I heard a shriek of pain.
IT WAS NAOMI!!
I rushed towards Naomi. There was no sounds, just spray of blood in the sunlight, as fine as autumn mist. I held her tight, so that it would stop bleeding. Then time restarted and a hundreds of things happened at once, all at high speed, all with shattering noise. People were stampeding. Everyone rushed towards the man and shot him and killed him coldly. Ira was crying and Evan was comforting her. Mom and dad were crying. I held Naomi tightly. Tears started rolling from my eyes.
Naomi smiled at me and said softly,
“Anna, stop crying, I don’t want to die watching you cry”
“You’re not going to die!!”
“Shut up and stop crying you idiot!”
“Look at me Naomi, stay with me and hold on…MEDICS!!!!” I cried for medics but nobody heard me.
She started breathing heavily. I held her even tightly.
“Naomi, stay with me!! Please don’t leave me!!” I begged her. “Naomi, answer me!”
Naomi looked at me smiled and whispered, “Anna Jane, I love you and please take care of mom and dad” saying this she closed her eyes. And never opened it, even after my begging she just didn’t…

“I know I’d do it all different if I had the chance
But all I got are these roses to give
And they can help me make amends.”

-Skillet

3 Years later:
3 years ago from now, the war ended but I also lost Naomi. Now when I am standing in front of her grave, cherishing all the good memories, I think how unfair it was that she died…
It is really cold now…It might snow…
Naomi I know you are watching me, I love you too Naomi…I love you too…

on Nov. 16 2012 at 5:43 am
TheUnknownAnonymous BRONZE, New Delhi, Other

"WE STOPPED LOOKING FOR MONSTERS UNDER OUR BEDS WHEN WE REALIZED THEY WERE INSIDE US."

LOVED YOUR STORY!!!  THE ENDIND WAS JUST EPIC!! :)

on Oct. 15 2012 at 4:07 am
Vagabond SILVER, New Delhi, Other

Every end is a new beginning;

really very Glad to know you like it! thanks!

on Oct. 15 2012 at 4:06 am
Vagabond SILVER, New Delhi, Other

Every end is a new beginning;

on Oct. 15 2012 at 4:06 am
Vagabond SILVER, New Delhi, Other

Every end is a new beginning;

on Oct. 15 2012 at 4:04 am
Vagabond SILVER, New Delhi, Other

Every end is a new beginning;

on Oct. 15 2012 at 4:04 am
Vagabond SILVER, New Delhi, Other

Every end is a new beginning;

Coincidence said...
on Oct. 15 2012 at 4:02 am
AJ? wow even my name is aj! bt it stands for "ALEX JONHSON" Anyway the 2nd last and last chapter took my breath away!!!! :D :D  

on Oct. 15 2012 at 3:59 am
wow! nice story

on Oct. 15 2012 at 3:58 am
i have been reading many books in teenink and this is a really nice story! :)

mikey123 said...
on Oct. 15 2012 at 3:56 am
I LIKED THE STORY BUT I THINK THE CLIMAX MADE THE BOOK WORTH READING!!! <3

on Oct. 15 2012 at 3:54 am
i liked the book but it could've been better... "If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." --Toni Morrison

on Oct. 14 2012 at 3:37 am
Vagabond SILVER, New Delhi, Other

Every end is a new beginning;

Thanks a lot i really appreciate it!

on Oct. 14 2012 at 3:36 am
Vagabond SILVER, New Delhi, Other

Every end is a new beginning;

Thanks a lot i really appreciate it!

on Oct. 14 2012 at 3:35 am
imagine.a.world., Dsgf, Arkansas
AWEOSOME AND I LOVED IT

LOVERR said...
on Oct. 14 2012 at 3:26 am
LOVERR, SDZX DS ZCXV, California
HEEY! this is the first thing i ever read and i LOVE IT!!

on Oct. 13 2012 at 3:56 am
Vagabond SILVER, New Delhi, Other

Every end is a new beginning;

thanks glad you liked it :)

on Oct. 13 2012 at 3:47 am
Vagabond SILVER, New Delhi, Other

Every end is a new beginning;

i am really very happy you liked it...
:) BTW the idea just came... :)

CrAzYaNn BRONZE, Bowling Green, Ohio

"I've built walls not to block anyone out, but to see who loves me enough to climb over them."

I think you are so unique:) I really like your ideas and I would love to know how you were able to come up with this !!!

on Sep. 20 2012 at 5:55 am
Vagabond SILVER, New Delhi, Other

Every end is a new beginning;

Glad to know that you liked it!! :D Thanks for your feedback!! :D :D

Born2Love97 GOLD, Louisa, Kentucky

"Love comes at a price. Which one will you pay?"

VERY good! I absolutely loved it! Happy writing!