Home > Novel (Fiction) > Romance > The Apple Princess

The Apple Princess

Cantrella
The Apple Princess
Summary: We raced down the trails at a furious pace, avoiding low-hanging branches and brambles on either side. Ahead of me, the trail opened up, and I saw the clearing I had seen so many times in my dreams. I saw several short men clustered in a circle, and with a start, realized they were standing around a glass coffin. I slid to a stop and walked my horse forward, hand resting automatically on my sword hilt. The leader of the dwarves scuttled to my side, bowing and polishing his glasses on his beard, his eyes downcast, face grave.
“You came too late, my Prince,” he proclaimed sadly, and his shoulders slumped with grief. “Snow White is dead.”

This book has 5 comments. Post your own now!

nemish23 said...
May 18, 2012 at 5:22 am

OMG!

This. Is. Awesome.

I love fairytales! Who doesn't love to believe that there's a Prince Charming out there for all of us?

The way that you wrapped all the little points of the story up were amazing. I escpecially loved the work with the mirrors (reference to "mirror mirror on the wall" - I'm so proud I got that, but it's really smart!!!)

And the link to Rapunzel at the end just topped off an absolutely brilliant story. I hope you write more fairytales, that wa... (more »)

CantrellaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Wow, thanks for your compliments :) I really appreciate that :) I would love to write more fairy tales - was thinking of just covering all the princes. do you have any suggestions? 

nemish23 replied...
May 21, 2012 at 1:58 am

I love the idea of writing stories for all the princes!

Personally, I think the story of Beauty and the Beast would be interesting- how the prince became the beast and whatnot. Cinderella may also be interesting, with the prince's quest to find the foot that fitted the glass slipper.

I don't know, I'm sure you'll come up with something. I'd definitely love to read more if you write it though.

And check out some of my work too, pretty please?

<3

Nisreen said...
I loved it! Brilliant creation of a snow white tale. I've always loved fairytales and the blending of the two was so seamless... A gripping story. I didn't skip a word!

May 30, 2012 at 2:19 am
Thank you so much! I really appreciate that. Snow White was always a story that I had a lot of questions about so I was giving my own answers. If you have any suggestions for others that's fun too. Working on Beauty and the Beast. Did you know the origins of that was Cupid and Psyche?