The Apple Princess | Teen Ink

The Apple Princess

May 13, 2012
By Cantrella PLATINUM, Kamuela, Hawaii
Cantrella PLATINUM, Kamuela, Hawaii
31 articles 1 photo 18 comments

Favorite Quote:
" Backward, turn backward
oh time in your flight,
make me a child again,
just for tonight." E.A. Allen


Summary:

We raced down the trails at a furious pace, avoiding low-hanging branches and brambles on either side. Ahead of me, the trail opened up, and I saw the clearing I had seen so many times in my dreams. I saw several short men clustered in a circle, and with a start, realized they were standing around a glass coffin. I slid to a stop and walked my horse forward, hand resting automatically on my sword hilt. The leader of the dwarves scuttled to my side, bowing and polishing his glasses on his beard, his eyes downcast, face grave.
“You came too late, my Prince,” he proclaimed sadly, and his shoulders slumped with grief. “Snow White is dead.”


Cantrella

The Apple Princess


Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 5 comments.


on May. 30 2012 at 2:19 am
Cantrella PLATINUM, Kamuela, Hawaii
31 articles 1 photo 18 comments

Favorite Quote:
" Backward, turn backward
oh time in your flight,
make me a child again,
just for tonight." E.A. Allen

Thank you so much! I really appreciate that. Snow White was always a story that I had a lot of questions about so I was giving my own answers. If you have any suggestions for others that's fun too. Working on Beauty and the Beast. Did you know the origins of that was Cupid and Psyche?

on May. 21 2012 at 1:58 am
nemish23 BRONZE, Sydney, Other
2 articles 0 photos 110 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
They just make the most of everything they have."

"Today is life. The only life we're sure of. Make the most of today." -CSI:NY

I love the idea of writing stories for all the princes!

Personally, I think the story of Beauty and the Beast would be interesting- how the prince became the beast and whatnot. Cinderella may also be interesting, with the prince's quest to find the foot that fitted the glass slipper.

I don't know, I'm sure you'll come up with something. I'd definitely love to read more if you write it though.

And check out some of my work too, pretty please?

<3


on May. 19 2012 at 2:37 pm
Cantrella PLATINUM, Kamuela, Hawaii
31 articles 1 photo 18 comments

Favorite Quote:
" Backward, turn backward
oh time in your flight,
make me a child again,
just for tonight." E.A. Allen

Wow, thanks for your compliments :) I really appreciate that :) I would love to write more fairy tales - was thinking of just covering all the princes. do you have any suggestions? 

on May. 18 2012 at 5:22 am
nemish23 BRONZE, Sydney, Other
2 articles 0 photos 110 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
They just make the most of everything they have."

"Today is life. The only life we're sure of. Make the most of today." -CSI:NY

OMG!

This. Is. Awesome.

I love fairytales! Who doesn't love to believe that there's a Prince Charming out there for all of us?

The way that you wrapped all the little points of the story up were amazing. I escpecially loved the work with the mirrors (reference to "mirror mirror on the wall" - I'm so proud I got that, but it's really smart!!!)

And the link to Rapunzel at the end just topped off an absolutely brilliant story. I hope you write more fairytales, that was amazing.

It was-, you know what? I can't even express in words how clever and brilliant that was. I loved it!

<3


Nisreen said...
on May. 16 2012 at 7:33 pm
I loved it! Brilliant creation of a snow white tale. I've always loved fairytales and the blending of the two was so seamless... A gripping story. I didn't skip a word!