Are you the one?? | Teen Ink

Are you the one??

May 5, 2012
By Nikibeww, Worcester, Massachusetts
More by this author
Nikibeww, Worcester, Massachusetts
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I do believe in killing the messenger, know why? Because it sends a message." Damon Salvatore


The author's comments:
Character introduction

Hi my name is Nikayla Jamaris Walker!

My favorite color is pink. I'm 17 years old. My friend Merline lives with me because her mom is a b**** and kicked her out the house. Of course I'm t he nice mean friend that give people shelter. My favorite candy is snickers which is what Merline tends to call me and I LOVE mountain dew! My mom and I got in a fight and me and Merline are moving to a city close by, Mystic Falls.

Hi, my name is Merline. Yea I know it’s different, but it’s just like me. I’m different and ok with that. My best friend’s name is Nikayla; I love that girl to death. Anyway my favorite color is baby blue! I’m 17 and a half years old. I love kit Kats and Nikayla calls me that, my favorite soda is Pepsi and if you know me, you know IT.

"Well if you want to be coming home at 6:00 in the morning then get your own house. I’m not putting up with your s*** Nikayla, end of story." my mom was serious this time, I could see it in her eyes, but so was I. I’m not putting up with HER s***! I looked square in her face and said, "well then I’m leaving, me and Merline will get our own place. I’ve been saving up for this day!" I walked away and went to my room, I got dressed to go out and start looking right away... I quickly got dressed

I walked down stairs and saw that Merline was already dressed. I guessed she got dressed in the bathroom, "come on Merline lets go." Me and Merline left and the first thing I thought of was Mystic Falls. A small town outside of my town. We were driving around when I saw a perfect house that was for sale.

I smiled and got out the car, the guy was there and we talked for about an hour, and then it was official, I got a new house. Me and Merline went home and started packing right away.

About two weeks later Merline and I decided to go to school. We searched for our school district; we found out that it was, Mystic Falls High School. Yesterday we went to the school and registered, today is our first day of school. I walked out my room and into the kitchen, Merline was sitting at the table eating some French toast, she was wearing a cute little outfit "hey you want some?" she asked me as she stuffed another bite into her mouth. I smiled and walked over to the refrigerator, "no thank you, I’m to nervous to eat." Merline got up from her seat and walked over to me, "don't worry Nikayla, you'll have fun, I know you will." I turned towards her and then walked towards the door, “thank you, come on I don't want to be late." me and Merline got in my car and we drove to school.


Me and Merline walked into the school to be greeted by a pretty perky blonde girl. Her hair was blonde and was a little wavy, her eyes were a pretty pale green color, and she was rather tall and slim. She gave us a big smile and said, "Hi! My name is Caroline Forbes. You guys are new here right? Oh My God! You’ll love it here I could introduce you to everybody. Or at least every one important." Caroline said the last sentence while looking back at some girl that looked shy. She pulled my arm and I grabbed on to Merline's to drag her with me, Caroline stopped in front of a group of people. There were two girls and three boys. “This is Matt, Tyler, Jeremy, Elena, and Bonnie." Caroline said pointing to each person, “guys this is...... oh wait I never got your names." I opened my mouth to speech when I was cut off by Merline, “I’m Merline and this is Nikayla." I smiled and said, “nice to meet you." in return everyone smiled and said nice to meet you too. We all talked for a while and got to know each other, until I saw a boy walk by, he was gorgeous. He turned to look at me and I smiled a little embarrassed. Elena realized I was starring and said, "He’s really nice and sweet. Believe me I went out with him before. It just didn’t work out, but yea he's good." she smiled but I saw the sadness in her eyes, then the bell rang and everyone scattered. I realized out of the corner of my eye that Caroline kissed Tyler before they parted.


I looked at my schedule and headed to first period with Merline, we had math together. I walked in the math room to see that boy from the hallway, he turned towards me and smiled, and in return I smiled back and sat down. Merline sat next to me and class started. Then I got a text message, it was from Merline.













Kit Kat: HWT starring at you.


I smiled and put my phone away.


Class was over and I went to walk out the class room when someone grabbed my arm, stopping me. I turned to see the "HWT". “Hi my name is Stefan, Salvatore. Um your new here right?" I smiled and said, "yea I am, my name is Nikayla, Walker." he smiled back at me and blurted, "um I don’t know if Caroline told you but there's a party at the Mystic Grill today if you want to go, you could bring your friend too!" I could feel my cheeks getting hot, was he asking me out on a date? "Um sure I'd love to go." there was excitement in his eyes, “great, it’s at 6" without another word he walked away.


The rest of the day went by fast. After school me and Merline went home to get dressed and ready, then we left to Mystic Grill. We got there and saw everyone from school and even some people we've never seen before. I went to go look around when Stefan appeared in front of me; blocking my view. "Hey. You came!" Stefan exclaimed. I smiled and looked him in the eye, "Of course I came, you know us being new, and we have to go to lots of things like these to get to know people." Stefan laughed and opened his mouth to speak when Merline interrupted, "Cuz' it's ok you don't have to introduce me, I could just be your loner friend." I laughed at Merline's little.......comment. "Stefan this is my best friend Merline, Merline this is my......... um this is Stefan." my cheeks burned with embarrassment. Stefan politely shook Merline's hand and said nice to meet you, as did Merline.


"Now to get star- "Stefan was cut off by a very good looking man, "Well brother, you didn't think to introduce me to your beautiful friends?" Stefan sighed as if disappointed his "brother" was here. "Damon, this is Nikayla," he gestured toward me, showing Damon that I am Nikayla, "and this is Merline. Ladies this is my brother Damon." we all shook hands and said our 'nice to meet you's (I have been saying that a lot since I've been in Mystic Falls) and I realized that Merline was so eye humping Damon! I decided to let it go until we got home. “Hey here's an idea, let's go play pool." Damon said with a half smirk. I smiled a little; he did have a dashing smile. "YEA let's go! I love pool!" Merline looked honestly excited, although she doesn't know how to play pool. We all walked over to the pool table and Stefan went then Damon, when it was Merline's turn she smiled a shy little smile and said, "Um... did I forget to mention I don't know how to play pool?" I couldn't help the little laugh that formed in my throat. Damon walked over to Merline, grabbed on to her waist and said, "Come on I’ll show you" he brought her over to the pool table and held her, then he did it, he kissed her cheek,


I was so shocked and at that moment I could tell that Damon was a complete flirt.



The rest of the night we all laughed and talked. I kept my eye on Damon, and so did Merline. Me and Stefan had a great time; he made me laugh and he told me about himself. I think I might like him a little, but I just met him, so I would get to know him first. The first thing I thought of was to invite him over for dinner tomorrow, "hey um Stefan, I was wondering, would you like to come over for dinner tomorrow?" I saw the smile in his eyes, although he didn't smile to big in reality. "I would love to come over, thank you Nikayla." then Merline got excited and said, "you to Damon!" Damon did a cocky smirk, "well if you insist." the rest of the party went on and when it was over me and Merline went home.




We got home and I got dressed in my pajamas, then I decided it was time to go talk to Merline. I walked over to her room and saw her wearing her pajama’s “Merline, um are you crushing on Damon?" I asked while sitting on her bed. "Why do you ask me these things when you already know the answers? You know me like the back of your hand; you know what my every move indicates. So why ask?" she looked a little like she felt awkward. I just sighed and left.
I went to my room and went to bed.

I woke up the next morning and got dressed. I looked in the mirror and smiled. I went to Merline's room and knocked on the door, "ready?" the door opened and out came Merline,”yea I guess. You know you’re just lucky and happy because your new love bug goes to school with you. Damon doesn't." I rolled my eyes at Merline's snide comment and walked down stairs. I heard Merline's slow footsteps following close behind me. "Come on I'll stop so we can get something up to eat on the way to school.” I said as I walked out the door and to the car, I heard Merline groan loud as she followed. We stopped at Dunkin' Donuts and I bought a hot chocolate and a sausage, egg, and cheese wake up wrap, Merline got the same. When I walked in the door I saw Elena, I walked over to her and said hey. “Hey Nikayla, Merline." I smiled at her and thought maybe she would like to come to dinner today, and then I remembered what she had said to me yesterday about her and Stefan going out before. I don't want that awkwardness in my house. "Hello! Earth to Nikayla." I focused myself on the present, and the now and realized Elena was waving her hand in front of my face. ”right sorry I'm here. I was just thinking of something stupid." Elena smiled and just continued talking, my eyes wandered over to the front door of the school and three girls walked in; they didn't look familiar from the party last night or from school yesterday. My guess was they were new, kind of like me and Merline, except a little more new. They walked up to us and the girl in the middle said, "Hi, my name is Daisy, these are my sisters, Kihara (the one on the right) and Tiara (the one on the left) and we are new here. I was just wondering if you could point us in the direction of the welcoming committee?" Daisy seemed really nice and they all were REALLY pretty. I smiled and responded, "Um... well my friend Caroline is the only person on the welcoming committee, and she isn't here today so we can help you. What class do you have first? “Kihara kind of gave me a dirty look and said, “Daisy and Tiara have math and I have English." I was a little confused by her attitude; I mean I think I was being nice. I decided that it was probably just because it was her first day and she was nervous. So I smiled and said, "well Daisy and Tiara can come with me and Merline, and Kihara you can go with Elena. But before you go um..... I'm cooking for a couple of my friends today; you girls are more than welcome to come. Here is my number, call me." Daisy smiled when I gave her my number. I smiled in return and then looked around the hall way. Stefan was nowhere to be found," um Daisy and Tiara, you guys can actually go with Merline; I have to look for someone." I walked away without another word, I walked around the hall looking for Stefan when I gave up and stopped, I turned around and he was right there, "hey." he said with a smile on his face. my cheeks got bright red, but I managed to whisper, "umm hi." he got closer to me and grabbed my hand, "listen I know we haven't known each other long but I was wondering if you would like to be my girlfriend and we get to know each other more?" my cheeks got hot and I knew they got redder then they already were. I couldn't get the words past my throat so I just nodded. His smile got bigger and he kissed me! When we broke the kiss I smiled and kissed him again. He smiled into the kiss and so did I. Stefan pulled away and smiled, “am I still coming over for dinner today?" I couldn't help myself I leaned in and kissed him again, “if that wasn't clear enough it means yes." I let out a little giggle and Stefan's hand layed on my cheek, "it was more than clear. bu-” Stefan was cut off by the ringing bell, "we should go" he said grabbing my hand.














DAISY'S P.O.V


I think Nikayla is so nice, when she invited us over I was happy, I made a friend already. She was really pretty to. Anyway I’m so going to her dinner today, I don't care what Kihara says. The bell rang, pulling me from my thoughts, and I looked over to the door to see Nikayla and this really hot boy holding hands. Figures, beautiful girl = hot boyfriend. Nikayla looked around the room and her eyes stopped at me and she smiled. I smiled in return.

As soon as I got home I ran to the kitchen and started cooking. About an hour later the food was done and I heard a knock on the door, I knew it was Stefan and Damon because Daisy called me saying she was going to be late. I ran to the door and opened it to see exactly what I expected. "Hello Nikayla" Damon said with one of those smirks. "Hi Damon" I replied with a smile. Then I looked at Stefan, "hi beautiful." he said to me. Then Merline came running down the stairs, "oh Damon, your here! Come in" Damon smiled and walked into the house. Stefan stood right where he was I giggled, "Stefan would you like to come in?" the smile on his face made me smile then his beautiful voice flowed into my head, "I would love to." he walked into the house and I pulled him close and that's when he kissed me with passion, I kissed back. When he broke the kiss we were both breathing heavy. When I gained my voice I said, " um... we have.....to ....wait for... daisy and her sisters. They are going to be late. What do you want to.....? Do in the mean time?" I giggled a little at my breathing and then Stefan separated the distance between us a little so he could grab my hand, "how’s about we watch some TV." Merline and Damon had already gone up to her room. I walked him over to the living room and turned on the TV, we sat down. A half an hour later there was a knock on the door. I got up and walked over to the door, Daisy was standing there, " hi Daisy, where are your sisters?" Daisy had a sad smile on her face, "Well um.... I'm the only one who wanted to come." honestly I was a little hurt. But I ignored it.




After we all ate we went to the living room and watched the movie Tangled. Damon was sitting in the one seater and Merline walked pass him. He grabbed her by the waist and pulled her onto his lap. She giggled and he kissed her cheek. I was sitting next to Stefan with my head on his chest and his arm around my shoulder. When the movie was over Daisy went home and Merline and Damon went outside, me and Stefan stood on the couch. I got onto his lap and he kissed me “trust me I'm not trying to kick you out, because I don't want you to go, but how long do you and Damon plan on staying?" I asked feeling bad that he might take it the wrong way. He smiled at me and went for another kiss, “I can't say ANYTHING for Damon, but as for me I will leave as soon as you want me to." I couldn't help the smile that came on my face, I felt my cheeks burn. "Well ok then, I'm going to change so I could be comfortable. Ok?" I got off of him and stood up. He got up as well and said, "Ok, I'm just going to go check on Damon." without another word I walked upstairs and got dressed. I walked back down stairs to see Stefan yelling at Damon. "What’s going on?" I asked feeling uncomfortable. Damon looked at me and Smiled and said, "I was just leaving, and that’s all." Damon walked out without another word. I walked up to Stefan and said, "Stefan what just hap-" he cut me off, "it was nothing, me and Damon just aren't on best terms."



For the rest of the night Merline went to her room and me and Stefan stood in the living room laughing and talking

I woke up in a good mood and got dressed. I was ready for school nice and early. Probably because I knew I would be able to see Stefan. I drove to school without Merline because she wasn't feeling well.

As soon as I got out the car I was greeted with a kiss, it was Stefan. He smiled at me, "morning beautiful how was your night? Sorry I couldn't stay last night but I had to be home." he kissed me again. "Its fine Stefan, but my night was fine. What I'm worried about is tonight. I hate that its Friday and I'm going to be stuck in my stupid house. Maybe you could come over?" I asked hoping he noticed how bad I didn't want to stay home alone with sick Merline. He smiled at me and said, "how about me and you go out tonight? It’s kind of a party place thing. um.. So wear something you would wear to like a club or something. Ok?" Stefan was so close I could feel his cool breath brush against my lips. I giggled a little and said, "yea, sure. I would LOVE to." Stefan smiled, grabbed my hand and we walked into class.

When I got home I ran to take a shower, and I got dressed. Merline came out her room and walked over to me, "hey um... where are you going? (cough) are you leaving me?" I honestly felt bad for her. She was really sick. I hugged her, "kit Kat, I’m so sorry, but I have a date with Stefan. If you need anything you could call me though." I saw the hurt in her eyes and I almost broke in two. "Um... it’s ok." she said as she walked away sad. I felt so bad but I couldn't cancel on Stefan now. Just then there was a knock on the door. I ran down stairs and opened to see my baby, Stefan. With Damon? Stefan looked very handsome. Stefan stepped close to me and kissed me, "hey beautiful." I giggled and got on my tippy toes and reached his lips, I whispered into his lips, "hi baby. What is Damon doing here?" I asked quiet enough so he won't hear but he still answered, “I think my little Merline needs SOMEONE to take care of her. And I’m guessing you two love flibbernobers will be too busy to do that." me and Stefan looked at each other in confusion. Then we looked at Damon with more confusion. "What? I can’t make up words, but who ever made up the word ’word’ can?" in a way Damon kind of made sense. But I felt the giggle build up in my throat. I looked at Stefan, then back at Damon, "um, yea. Merline's in her room. Go on up." before I could finish my sentence Damon walked upstairs.

Me and Stefan left to a really pretty restaurant. We ate, talked, and laughed. Babe brought me home and kissed me goodnight. I loved it, it felt so gentle and sweet, but passionate. Stefan left and said Damon was going to leave in a little while. When I got to my room I put on my PJ'S and wrote in my Diary. I haven't written in it in a long time.





Dear Diary,






I had a wonderful day with my wonderful boyfriend, Stefan. He is so sweet and hot.




He kissed me and I felt the million sparks. We went on a fun date today. He took me to a




fancy restaurant and bought me a nice plate of yummy food. I can't wait to see him again.






















Love, Nikayla Walker.

I woke in the morning to see a news paper taped to my wall. There was a note on it that said, "You need a job. -Merline" I sighed and grabbed the news paper and looked through the jobs. I saw a dancing place called Burlesque. I decided to go check it out. So I got up and got dressed. I went to go check out the place and I auditioned. I got accepted and went home, when I got home Stefan was there with Damon and Merline (who looked surprisingly better). "What’s going on here?" I asked, honestly curious. Stefan walked up to me and greeted me with a kiss, "hello Nikayla." I smiled and rapped my arms around his neck. "What are you doing here?" I questioned close to his lips. He closed the space between our lips and said," well Merline told me you were looking for a job, and I came to support you." I smiled because Stefan is just so so cute. I looked straight into his eyes and said, "Well, thank you babe. But I got a job." the look on his face showed surprise, so I continued, "well, I work at burlesque." then the room got quiet.









Today is my first day of work; I went to Burlesque and got into costume. I got on stage and preformed.


I got off stage, got dressed and went home.

Stefan invited me over today, which makes me happy considering I have never been to his house. I got out of bed and got dressed in a corset and some jeans. Stefan says I have been dressing different since I started my job at burlesque, I guess it’s a little true. But that is only sometimes, not always. I drove to STEFAN'S HOUSE and he was outside waiting for me. I smiled, got out the car, and ran into a kiss. We walked inside and up to Stefan's room. "Do you work today babe?" Stefan asked. I thought about my schedule and shook my head no. Stefan smiled and said, "Good because we should go to Mystic grill, but later because there was a new movie I wanted to watch with you. If you’re up for that?" I looked into his beautiful eyes and saw that he really wanted to watch this with me. I put my arms around his neck and kissed him, "I want to see anything you want to see." he smiled and kissed me again.


Stefan and I were watching the movie, it was honestly really good. Then I got a text message,




Elena:






hey Nikayla, Tyler just broke up with Caroline! Need you now. Her house.

I got up fast and Stefan looked at me confused. I put my heels on and talked at the same time, "I am so sorry. Caroline Emergency! I’ll meet you at Mystic Grille at 7." I gave him a kiss and walked down stairs. I got to Caroline's house and went inside. I walked to her room and saw her crying on her bed, Elena and Bonnie sitting at the bottom of her bed. I walked towards her and sat next to her; I hugged her and let her cry on my shoulder. I stroked her hair and whispered, "it's ok. You don't need him."




At 7:00 Elena, Bonnie, and I managed to get Caroline dressed and ready to go. We all went to Mystic Grille and we met up with Stefan, Damon, and Merline. We got Caroline happy and smiling again.









I woke up the next morning and got dressed with my costume under my clothes. I got to Burlesque and preformed. Then Tess came up to me and said, "Um.... Nikayla, we have to fire you." I looked at her in complete shock. I forced the words out, "what? What did I do? I thought I was great." Tess smiled at me and put her hand on my shoulder, "we just have to let you go, sorry." out of anger I threw her hand off me and walked out yelling mean words.

I got home and went to my room when I got comfortable I heard a knock on the door. I sighed and got up; when I got to the door I was surprised by what I saw. It was my cousin, the one that lives in Europe, ED. I screamed and hugged him, "OMG WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?" he laughed a little and said, "Well what do you think? I came to see my wonderful/favorite cousin." I giggled and pulled him inside. We walked to the living room and talked for a while when he dropped the bomb, "listen about your dad, he sent me down here to tell you the truth." I looked at him in shock. Did he really just bring up my father in my damn house? And what truth? "My father sent you down here? Why are you bringing him up!?! What does he want?!?" I couldn't help the anger that showed in my voice. He put his hand on my shoulder and said, "He wanted me to tell you the truth about our family. We come from a long line of royalty; the power is in our blood." I looked at him like he was crazy and blurted, "are you drunk?" he laughed, stood up, and pulled a ring out his pocket, "this is our family airlume. It’s yours now. Me and you have to go to Europe tomorrow. It’s only for a week." I was shocked and needed to be sure I was understanding everything, "ok let me get this straight, I'm a princess and you want me to go to Europe to experience the royal life?" he smiled as if he was relieved that I got it, "yes" he sighed. I put the ring on and smiled, "I'm a princess?" without another word I ran upstairs to pack and ED yelled from downstairs "you don't have to pack, you have a room full of everything over there." I smiled and ran back downstairs and out the door, screaming behind me, "I have to say bye to everyone. “And with that I left to say bye to everyone. I made it to Elena's house and knocked on the door; she opened the door and smiled. I told Elena what happened and then said bye, same for Caroline, Bonnie, and Merline. Then I went to Stefan's house and knocked on the door. As soon as I did so I got a text. It was from ED and it said I could take one person with me! Stefan opened the door and looked confused, "Nikayla?" I smiled at him and gave him a hug. Then I pulled him outside. "Go pack! Me. you. Europe! “I gushed. His face showed confusion so I told him everything and he understood. He went upstairs to go pack and I went to help.

I woke up in the morning and saw a note on my mirror, it said, "make sure to dress fancy! ;)" I smiled and went to go take a shower. When I got out I got dressed, and did my hair and makeup. I walked downstairs and saw Stefan and ED, two huge suit cases. Stefan smiled and said, "You look beautiful." I smiled and felt my cheeks warming up.



We were on the plane for hours! I fell asleep a couple times and was happy I had Stefan to talk to and let me fall asleep on.



When we finally got there we drove to this HUGE castle! My jaw dropped and I felt light headed. We got out of the limo and they took me on a tour of the beautiful place. My bedroom was huge and my closet had the most stunning clothes in it. I already felt like a princess. I was so gassed and happy. I felt the excitement wash over me. I was lying down on my beautiful bed when Stefan walked in and threw himself on the bed next to me. He turned his head to look at me and smiled, "Beautiful place huh?" I smiled back and said, "more than beautiful."

I woke up with Stefan's arms wrapped around my waist. I grinned at his warm touch and put his hand in mine. I felt him move and sigh in relief; he slightly squeezed me and kissed my cheek at the same time. "Good Morning, babe" I giggled. He whispered into my ear, "Good Morning, Beautiful. How did you sleep last night?" I let my body lean into his and was about to reply when Ed walked in, "Nikayla, get dressed, you could put on anything in your closet. We are going to a Greeting party so you could meet everyone. Stefan, you come with me." and with that Stefan and Ed left me alone to get dressed. I went in my closet and looked through everything and smiled. I got dressed in the most beautiful dress, and walked downstairs to see my Stefan in a tux, oh and Ed was there to. Stefan smiled at me and walked up to me. He kissed me and said, "you look beautiful, babe." I smiled and kissed him again, "thank you." he put his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him. I giggled.





I walked in the ball room, Stefan and I hand in hand. I felt everybody's eyes on me, including......... my dad! My stomach dropped and my hand tightened around Stefan's. My father walked towards me with a smile on his face, I rolled my eyes and walked past him. I left Stefan and Ed behind and just walked around, people were bowing to me left and right. It was really awkward, I mean don't get me wrong, it was also pretty cool. Then I approached this handsome man, "well, hello luv. Pleased to meet you." he had a British accent that was, may I say, very hot. I smiled a little and he kissed my hand. "Princess Nikayla, right?" I simply nodded my head. "Well, the pleasure is mine, but I must go. Nice to meet you, luv." I turned my head for a second and when I looked back, he was gone. I ignored it and continued to walk, when I bumped into Stefan," hey babe" I said staying close to him. He smiled and looked in the direction I had come from, "who were you talking to?" I looked back and then forward again, "oh, I don't know what his name was. But he had a really cool accent, a British one. Which is weird considering we are in England and not Brittan." Stefan Stiffened and looked around. I turned around and the British guy was there, while Stefan was looking the other way he covered my mouth and took me. How fast he moved, how strong he was, it was immortal. We were in a house when he let go of my mouth and he raised his hand at me. Everything went black............

I woke up in a dark room. I heard the accent and jumped back, "hello luv. Glad to see you are awake. Are you hungry?" his voice was so calm. I felt my body shaking, "what do you want? Why do you have me? LET ME GO!" he chuckled and I heard tapping, like on a touch screen phone, and then I heard ringing like he was calling someone. "Nikayla?!?!?!?! Where are you??!! Are you ok?" Stefan's voice rang through my head. I went to speak but the man did for me, "Oh Stefan, nice to speak to you. Yes this beautiful young girl is fine. But I suggest you get your brother to give me my coffin back or she won’t be ok." I felt my heart pounding and my stomach turning. "Klaus! LET HER GO!" Stefan spat. Klaus was very calm, "give. Me. my. Coffin." Stefan chuckled then said, "Hold on. I’ll call you back." and the phone went dead. I felt the hot tears moving down my eyes.
















~Stefan's P.O.V~

Klaus had Nikayla, that was way too far! SHE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS! My arm quickly punched the wall and I looked through the hole. Oops.
I had to go home. Like now! I ran, and ran, and ran. I was in Mystic falls in like two hours. The first thing I did was go to Elena. "ELENA! It's Klaus. He has Nikayla!" Elena looked honestly shocked, "WHAT?!?!?! What do we do?" she asked urgently. My face saddened and I spoke slowly, "I need you. Nikayla needs you. Please come with me, let me feed you my blood. If Klaus finds out I'm going to turn you he will give her back. “I hated using Elena, but it was for Nikayla. She looked like she was thinking, and the silence was wretched. Then she finally broke it, "what if he thinks your bluffing?" I smiled and got closer to her, just in case anyone was listening, "I have a plan." I said in a very sneaky voice.















~Nikayla's P.O.V~

he talked to me as if he wasn't holding me hostage, "well luv, would you like something to eat? Coffee? Pizza? We have it all." I was thirsty and so hungry, but I refused. I felt the tears again. He laughed a laugh that made my heart ache. We stood in silence till I heard the phone ring again. Klaus happily picked it up, "Stefan! You called back. I thought I would have to kill her." there was a laugh again and I knew it really was my Stefan, "now Klaus do you really want to play this game again? Because, I mean, I have Elena AND the coffin ready to throw in the middle of the ocean." Klaus' face turned downwards. He looked about ready to kill someone, and that someone would be me. He paced as he talked, "Stefan, don't play stupid. The second you drop them, the second I snap her neck. Or better yet put my blood in her system and then kill her." I let out a little yelp and he looked at me. Then Stefan's voice came back, "yea then what? Your coffin is gone, Elena is dead, and my girlfriend is a Vampire. Now, who loses more?" the word striked me. Did he just say Vampire? It all made sense now. The speed of Klaus, the blood, the snapping of necks. Klaus' voice interrupted my thinking, "you're bluffing Stefan. I know you wouldn't let this happen to Nikayla." Stefan laughed again! Then we heard shuffling, and the phone on speaker, "Stefan let me go! All this for Nikayla?" I knew the voice, it was Elena. Before I could control myself I screamed, "NO STEFAN! STOP!" I heard more shuffling and then Elena moaning as if trying to be let free with her mouth covered. "Guess what, I just fed her my blood, compelled her to hold on to this HEAVY rock and to jump." I was completely crying by then. "3, 2, 1." Stefan's voice was like I've never heard before, then I heard a big splash and the scream came again, "Stefan! STOP!" and Klaus screamed as well, "Save her! I'll give her back!" there was another splash and in another second Stefan was on the phone again, "I have her. You can't have her back till I get Nikayla right here by my side." Klaus was pissed. I could tell, and that scared me. Klaus hung up my phone, almost breaking it. He threw me over his shoulder and moved in immortal speed. I closed my eyes, scared of what I might see.

We were there in about an hour. My tummy was sore and hurting. When Klaus put me down I was a little dizzy, I opened my eyes and saw Stefan smiling with his hand gripped around Elena's arm. "Give her to me." Klaus said through tight teeth. "Give me Nikayla." Klaus laughed, "Sorry, it doesn’t work like that." Stefan pulled out a dagger, "she still has my blood in her system, and I can still kill her." Klaus laughed as well, "Stefan, we all know that is something you won't do in front of your fragile Princess" Stefan made a face, like 'ok, you're right' and then he stuck the dagger into Elena's back. Elena and I both screamed. And Elena fell to the floor. "Give me Nikayla. She only has seconds." in a split second I was in Stefan's arms and he was running.

We got to Stefan's house and I pushed him away, "what is going on?!?! How could you do that to her?!?! And then just leave her there?!?!" I was utterly shocked. He stepped closer to me and I stepped back. He sighed, "Nikayla, listen. Take a seat and I’ll tell you everything." I slowly sat on the chair that was behind me and whispered, "Is she dead?" he got next to me and touched my cheek, "Elena! Come here." he yelled looking upstairs. I looked in the direction he was looking in and saw something I never thought I would again. Elena walking down the stairs as if nothing happened. "What is going on?" I asked in absolute amazement. Stefan sat in the chair across from me and Elena sat next to me. "Ok here is everything. Yes I am a vampire. And so is Klaus. The difference is he is Evil. That was not Elena who I stabbed, it was Katherine. She is also a vampire, and Elena's doppelganger. Klaus needs Elena to make hybrids, half vampire half werewolf. Klaus is a hybrid. Questions?" I was almost speechless, "how do you become a vampire? Is Damon a vampire? Can you tell me about vampires?" I looked over at Elena and she nodded her head and smiled. "Um... ok. Well the only way you could become a vampire is if you have vampire blood in your system when you die. Yes my brother is a vampire. And um.... well you kill a vampire with a stake to the heart. You weaken a vampire with an herb called vervain. Only me, my brother, Katherine and all original vampire's can walk in the sun. Me, my brother, and Katherine can walk in the sun without burning because of this ring." he said showing the big ring on his finger.
"Oh, um... oh." I didn't know what to say. To tell you the truth I didn't mind that he was a vampire, I mean after watching Twilight a million times I have always wanted a vampire boyfriend. At least he doesn't sparkle like a gay fairy. "Stefan can I talk to Nikayla alone? And I don't mean go to your room, I mean go somewhere." Elena said, I looked at her in confusion. "Oh yea and we can hear from a very big distance." and without another word, Stefan was gone. "Nikayla, how are you?" I looked at Elena and said, "Would it be really weird if I said I was fine?" Elena giggled and put her hand on my shoulder, "not even a little. I have had moments like this before. Oh and Stefan forgot to tell you Vampire's have to be invited into a house." I laughed and Elena told me about her experience with Stefan.

After Elena and I had a heart to heart, Stefan came back and Elena left. Stefan took me up to his room, "um...how you doing? You know what with all this crazy stuff." he smiled at me and I smiled back. I sighed and layed on the bed, "well honestly I'm fine. What I'm not ok with, is the whole Klaus thing. He won't come after me again, will he?" Stefan layed next to me and put his arm around my waist and pulled me Close to him, "I won't let him! You don't worry. Damon and I will protect you."




I woke up the next morning in Stefan's arms. I got up and went to the little section in Stefan's closet that was mine to pick something out for my day at Mystic Grill, with Merline. I got dressed in the bathroom. When I walked back into Stefan's room he wasn't there. I looked around confused, " Stefan?" I called. I smiled and said, "You’re behind me, aren't you?" I heard a gorgeous voice behind me, "yes, yes I am." I giggled and turned around, I got on my toes and kissed him. He pulled me closer by my waist and deepened the kiss. "We’re going to be late." I whispered into his lips. He giggled, picked me up, threw me on the bed, and said, "Let’s be later." I laughed and kissed him again. With that I pushed him off me and walked out the room. When I walked into the "parlor" I saw Damon, "hello Nikayla. Had fun with Stefan this morning?" I sighed and walked away. Him and Merline have gotten very close lately.


At Mystic Grill I saw Merline walking up to Stefan, Damon, and I. she hugged Stefan and me then looked at Damon, who grabbed her waist and pulled her closer. "Hello Beautiful." he said in his cocky voice, and his cocky grin. Merline giggled and kissed Damon. I smiled at her happiness and let my eyes wonder. I caught a glimpse of Daisy , she was starring over here and she was alone. I unwrapped myself from Stefan's grip and walked over to her, "hey Daisy, what's up. “She smiled at me. She looked over my shoulder then back at me, "um.... you know. Nothing really." I looked in the direction she had looked in and saw Tyler walk in. I looked back at her and into her eyes. Daisy and her sister's didn't really have friends, they were anti-social. "Do you like Tyler?" I asked her trying to make her feel like she had someone to care. I liked Daisy, she was nice. I think we could be good friends. She giggled and blushed a little, "no....." just then Stefan walked over, "babe, are you ok? You just walked away." I grabbed his hand and kissed it, "yea I just saw Daisy over here all alone." Stefan smiled, nodded his head, gave me a kiss and walked away.

"So um.....do you think Tyler would like me? I mean Caroline is so beautiful and he broke up with her." Daisy gushed as she kept glimpsing over towards Tyler. I giggled, "Well, let's find out. TYLER!! COME HERE!!" Tyler looked over at us and smiled. He walked towards us and said, "Hey Nikayla. What’s up?" Tyler sat on my lap and played with my hair. Tyler and I are like siblings, although he broke my friend’s heart she is ok with us being close. In fact they're kind of friends. "Hey. Um have you met Daisy?" Tyler looked over at Daisy and his face lit up, "um.... yea. We talk all the time in school. If you would ask me I would say we are kind of close." I smiled and winked at Daisy, "cool. Tyler will you come help me with my car?" Tyler looked at me confused and got up, "yea of course Nikibeww."

we walked outside and I grabbed Tyler's hand, "uh... Ty?" Tyler looked concerned, "yea?"

"Well, um.... the whole thing with Daisy,..."

"oh her? She is so pretty. And funny."

"So do you like her?"

"Yea..... I think I do."

" Great, go ask her out!"

I walked back into Mystic Grill with Tyler at my flank. "Nikayla, we have to go. NOW!" I looked at Stefan wondering who he thinks he is, talking to ME like that. "Excuse me?" I watched as Stefan's eyes shifted towards the front door of the grill. My eyes followed his and I saw Elena. I looked back at Stefan like he was insane. Then the memories sank in and I remembered our conversation yesterday. I leaned into his ear and whispered, "That’s not Elena is it?" Stefan slowly shook his head. I looked over at Daisy, she was smiling at me. I nodded my head towards the back door, as in saying let’s go. "What are you doing." Stefan asked. I turned back towards him and said, "I’m not leaving her or Tyler. We’ll go to my house. She can't get in." I turned back to Daisy and she was right next to me. I grabbed her and Tyler's hands and pulled them outside. "We are going to chill at my house."



We got to my house and Stefan pulled me into the living room, "so we're acting like nothing’s wrong, right?" I nodded my head and he smiled, "good." he leaned in and kissed me. I smiled into the kiss and so did he. Stefan picked me up, never breaking the kiss, and spun me around. I giggled and he broke the kiss. "With all that's going on right now, I think we need to take the time to have moments like this. I love you Nikayla. You are my EVERYTHING and I promise you that I will NEVER let ANYTHING happen to you!" I smiled and kissed him again and said, "I love you Stefan! You are MY everything, I am so thankful to have someone like you! People say only fools fall in love, and I guess I'm a fool." "Awwww" Tyler and Daisy were in sync. I looked towards them and laughed. Then I realized something, they were holding hands. "Whoa whoa whoa. What’s going on in that department?"



















*Daisy's P.O.V*


"Tyler asked me out." I felt my cheeks steaming. Nikayla smiled at me. I heard a knock on the door and Stefan and Nikayla looked at each other. Stefan walked to the door and opened it, it was Elena. "Come in Elena." I heard Stefan say. Elena's face fell, "I think it would be polite if Nikayla invited me in." with that Stefan slammed the door. "That was rude." I said looking over to Nikayla. "It wasn't like that." I could tell Nikayla was shaking.

*Daisy's P.O.V*

I looked at Nikayla and saw her slipping my heel on my foot. "You look so beautiful Daisy. Tyler won't be able to keep his hands off you." Nikayla yelped as she finished the final touches on my hair. "And....All....Done!" I looked at myself in awe. "I look amazing. Thank you Nikayla!" I jumped off the podium and hugged Nikayla. She giggled and hugged me back. "Well, you know since I got you two together I feel responsible for keeping you together. And that means making you look HOT!" we both laughed, when I heard a knock on the door. My whole body tensed up and my stomach turned. "It’s ok hon." Nikayla whispered to me. She ran for the door and opened it. I heard from down stairs, "Hi Tyler,......Hey Nikayla...... Daisy will be right down......Great." I heard Nikayla's delicate feet running up the stairs. "Go down stairs! NOW!" I sighed and slowly headed for the steps. I started walking down with my head down, then I heard a gasp. I looked up to see Tyler in aw, just like I was. "You look beautiful babe." He said smiling at me. I smirked and walked over to him, he pulled me by my waist and kissed me. I broke the kiss remembering Nikayla. "I'll be back." I ran upstairs to see Nikayla on her bed, fiddling her fingers. "Did you still want me to call Kihara and Tiara?" Nikayla looked up and me and nodded her head yes.





I looked out the window, trying to see where we were going. "Do I have to blindfold you?!" Tyler chuckled. He grabbed my hand and squeezed it. "I'm just so anxious! I want to know where we are going!" I squealed. Tyler picked up my hand and kissed it. We drove and drove, and finally we stopped on a beach. "Our date is on the beach??!!?" I giggled in excitement. Tyler opened the door for me and helped me out. "Nope." He said with a smile on his face. I looked at him in confusion. He walked me over to a boat, "um Tyler I'm scared of boats." I said moving away. "Don't worry. I'll hold your hand, and we aren't going far." I looked out into the horizon and saw nothing but the beautiful blue water. "Trust me." with those small words I retook his hand and slowly got on the boat. Tyler started the boat, we went into the ocean. In a matter of minutes we showed up at a huge rock, with a whole inside. A cave. Tyler stopped the boat and got out, he grabbed my hips and pulled me out. When I looked in my jaw slightly dropped and I heard Tyler laugh behind me. He put his hand on the small of my back and led me to the table." Tyler this is AMAZING!!!" I moved away from the table and to the edge. "Umm.... Daisy. Be careful. I don't want you to fall." Tyler said cautiously. I giggled a little and took off my heels, "I'll be fine." I sat down and put my feet in the water, it was warm but had a touch of cold. I wiggled my toes and felt Tyler's hand on my shoulder, "Mind if I sit with you gorgeous?" I smiled and nodded my head yes. I laid my head on his chest and let my hand trace patterns on his leg. I felt Tyler's soft lips on my head. "Ready to eat?" When he said the word 'eat' my tummy growled. We both laughed and got up.
Tyler pulled out the chair for me and I sat down, he sat across from me. He pulled the lid off the plate and revealed my favorite food, CHICKEN WINGS AND FRENCH FRIES! I giggled and spoke, in control of my excitement, "How did you know this was my favorite food" He looked at me in shock then started laughing, "Is it? I just took a wild guess because it's my favorite too!" I smiled and reach to the plate and started eating.

For HOURS Tyler and I talked, he even tried to get me in the water. I told him I wasn't messing up my underwear or my dress. I laughed at his corny jokes and he laughed at mine. For dessert we had Chocolate Mouse! Oh it was SO good! When I smiled I exposed my dimples and Tyler told me that I should get them pierced, I laughed at him and said I wasn't as wild as Nikayla. And he even took pictures with me!!

When Tyler dropped me off at home he kissed me and gave me a hug. He said goodnight to me and was on his way

*Nikayla' P.O.V*



I slowly opened my eyes to a new day. I turned to my side and saw Stefan, I jumped a little but recovered. I gently slapped his chest, "You know, I could have just died. You could have given me a heart attack." he grabbed my waist and pulled me into a huge kiss. I felt the passion surging through both of us. When we broke the kiss I was breathing heavy, like always because he takes my breath away. "In fact I'm fine." I said touching my lips. I rolled on top of him and said, "You know, Tyler and Daisy went on a date last night." I said while playing with his soft hair. "That's nice." he saw how I was looking at him "What??" I laughed a little and pecked his lips, "Well we haven't gone on a..." I was cut off by his oohhhing. "I get it, you want to go on a date." I smiled big at him. "Ok. I will take you on the most beautiful date in the world! But I'm only doing this for you princess." I smiled and kissed him, "Yay! Ok. I'm going to get dressed" I got out of bed and walked to my closet then my bathroom to get dressed. I walked out the bathroom and spoke while struggling with my belt, "So when is this amazing date going to happen? Uugghhh!" I heard Stefan laugh, he got off the bed and walked up to me, "let me help you." he whispered in my ear. He buckled my belt without looked away from my eyes. I smiled and walked out my room and to Merline's door, I banged on it. "We’re going to be late for school!" Merline opened her door dressed in a similar outfit. I giggled thinking, 'we had the same vision today' "I think I need to skip out on school today, my eyes hurt, my head hurts, my ears hurt, I don't know what's going on. I don't even remember what happened, I just woke up in my bed." before Merline could finish her sentence Stefan was in between us. He grabbed Merline's face and looked into her eyes. "Oh My Gosh! Merline go in your room, close your shades, no music or loud noises. Ok?" Stefan's voice was stern and demanding. Merline went in her room and Stefan grabbed my arm and pulled me away. "What's going on? Did you compel her?" I asked in confusion. "Nikayla, stay away from Merline. She's in transition! And no I didn't compel her, she just knows everything I said makes sense." Stefan looked back at the door "she just turned off the TV" his words were empty. "Well what is she transforming in to?........ A vampire." I couldn't believe the words that came out of my mouth. Stefan simply nodded his head. I felt my whole body shut down, my legs gave out and I stumbled to the ground and everything went black. My sight went before my hearing, "Nikayla!" was the last thing I heard.




I woke up in my bed with no one around me. My head was pounding and my body felt weird. I groaned and rolled around in my bed, when I was face up again, Stefan was in my room. "How are you feeling?" I tried to sit up but in a blink of an eye Stefan was softly pushing me down. "You have to stay relaxed, your weak." I giggled thinking about the last person that called me weak. "Well, I feel fine. How is Merline?" Stefan's face fell and he spoke slowly, "I told her what's going on. I told her she had an option to let herself die out or to drink human blood and turn into a monster. She doesn't know yet. She's...um... crying right now, maybe you want to go talk to her. But if you do I have to be with you and I have to carry you over there because neither of you are stable right now." I nodded my head yes and I was in Stefan's arms. He brought me to Merline's room, her eyes were red and filled with tears. "Nikayla, I don't want to die! I don't want to be a monster! Oh Nikayla what do I do?!?" I felt so bad for her, Stefan layed me on her bed and I gave her a big hug. I felt the tears leaving my eyes now.




















*8:00 PM*


I was sitting down watching Breaking Dawn, when I heard something fall in the kitchen. I got up to go check, no one was in the kitchen. I turned around to go finish watching my movie, but instead there was a knock on the door. I slowly dragged my feet to the door and opened it, it was Merline. "Let me in Nikayla." Her voice was urgent. "I thought you were with Stefan and Damon? I thought they were training you or something?" She looked at me like I was stupid, "I'm not a dog Nikayla. I'm a Vampire. Now let me in!" Without thinking I said, "Come in Merline." as soon as the words left my mouth Merline came at me. Before I could react I was on the floor and she was on top of me. I felt the sharp tips of her teeth rip through my soft skin. The scream I let out was so piercing that it hurt my own ears. Then there was a miracle, Merline was thrown off me.

"Nikayla!!!" I heard Stefan's sweet voice yell. But it was distant, as if from another time. "Can you hear me" I felt as if that had two meanings. While I felt the darkness pulling at me, death tugging at me, begging me to give up and let myself die. I knew my time had come, but as Stefan's bleeding wrist filled my mouth, I knew he wouldn't let fate take me. My pulse instantly pick up, my heart beating faster, feeling the magic blood in me, getting excited as it tasted immortality. I let my eyes open and saw the beauty of my Stefan. The only word that was allowed to escape my mouth was, "Merline?" I saw relief fill Stefan's face as he sighed. "She's fine. Damon has her in her room. Are you ok?" I looked him in the eyes and saw so much worry, "Now? Yes. Because you saved me. Like always. " I tried sitting up to kiss him but he leaned down so I wouldn't have to move much.

I heard the voices from outside my bedroom door, "I know you're scared to hurt her again, but you HAVE to go apologize." Stefan's voice was sweet and understanding. " You know I still love her right? I can't believe I hurt her! I don't know what came over me! I can NEVER hurt her again! EVER!" The words came out Merline as a sob. "I know. I had to go through the same thing! But worse. I killed my own father. I love Nikayla just as much as you, and I had to find a way to control myself around her. You could do it. Go in there, you don't have to get close, and just talk to her. Apologize." The words that flowed from Stefan's mouth were not surprising, he had told me his painful story of his father. I heard Merline sigh and my door opened. "Um.... Hey Nikayla. Listen you don't understand how incredibly sorry I am! I could never forgive myself for this. Please, just don't hate me! PLEASE!!" the tears that came out of Merline's eyes were fast. I got up and took a step toward her, but she flinched away. " Honey I could NEVER hate you! You are my best friend and always will be. Immortal or not. Everything will be ok. I promise." I looked into my best friends eyes and saw she was fighting the urge to rip my throat out. But then I saw a change in them, she was still fighting, but this time the urge for something more peaceful. I watched as she fought with herself. Then she gave up and hugged me. "I love you so much!" She gushed. "And I love you. Forever and always." Stefan walked in and me and Merline let go of each other. "Babe, it's almost sunrise. I have to get Merline to our house. We don't want her stuck here all day." Merline walked out of my room and Stefan kissed me, "I love you." He said before walking out the door. When I heard the house door open, then close I smiled and said, "I love you too." knowing he heard me.

I woke up to the sound of my phone buzzing. I looked at my text and saw it was from Stefan, 'Good morning babe. Come over today? Where something sexy ;)' I giggled and quickly got dressed. I got to Stefan's house and knocked on the door, he opened it. "Hi babe. You look beautiful. But I thought we were going sexy?" He smiled, grabbing my waist and pulling me close. I put my arms around his neck and kissed him, "I did go sexy. You just have to peel a few layers off." Stefan laughed and pulled me in the house. Kissing me and never breaking it Stefan led me to the couch. I lightly pushed him down on it and got on top of him, Stefan pulled off my shirt without a second thought, as did I. He put his hand on my butt and pulled me closer to him. I could feel the lust he felt for me, the way he pulled me to him, trying to find a way to make us closer. I pulled my lips from his, looked into his eyes, and smiled. I lightly let my finger trace the lining of the top of his jeans, slightly teasing him. Finally my fingers crawled to the button and undid it, and one thing led to another.

In my underwear and bra, Stefan gave me his shirt to put on. "You thirsty?" Stefan asked me, stroking my hair. "Yea. A little."

*Stefan's P.O.V*
I woke up with the most precious being in my life. Nikayla, wrapped in my arms, wearing MY shirt. "Precious. Wake up." I whispered into her ear. "Hmm. Why are we up so early?" The way she considered us together, instead of 'why am I up so early. I smiled and kissed her Oh-so-soft cheek, just above her piercing. "Well, babe. I have a big day planned for us." Her eyes fluttered open, revealing her sparkling green eyes. "Big day? Really? Where are we going?" She asked, flashing that heart stopping smile of hers at me. "I'm not telling you. That would ruin everything." Her flawless face fell as she got up to get dressed. I did the same. When she got out the bathroom she was wearing a tank top and a pair of shorts, "Ok so let's go!!!! I can't wait!!" She exclaimed, jumping on me. I laughed and caught her, "ok come on."

I took Nikayla to the beach and as we sat on the sand, I put my hand in my pocket. "Nikayla...." She looked at me, worry in her eyes, "Yea babe?" I smiled and pulled out a little velvet box.


*Nikayla's P.O.V*

I looked at the box, knowing what lay inside. He opened it, revealing what I've been waiting for. "Nikayla Jamaris Walker, Will you be mine forever and always? Will you grant me with the great honor of being your husband?" I couldn't help the tears that poured out my eyes. I threw my arms around his neck and threw myself on top of him. I kissed him with every ounce of passion in me. "YES! YES!" I screamed in much joy! My phone vibrated in my pocket but I ignored it, too happy to be distracted!
"I was so scared you were going to say no! Oh this is the best day of my existence!" Stefan smiled and kissed me again. Yet again my phone vibrated, "Babe give me a sec, someone keeps calling me." I said pulling it out.











*Phone convo*
Me: Hello?
Daisy: OMG Nikayla guess what!!!!
Me: What?
Daisy: I have a baby!!!!
Me: WHAT?!?!? You're pregnant?! Is it Tyler's?!(I got off of Stefan and stood up pacing.)
Daisy: No I'm not pregnant! And she's both of ours!
Me: Ok now I'm lost.
Daisy: We adopted a little girl! She's 4 years old!
Me: Aw that's so cute! I can't wait to meet her. But listen I have to go. I'll call you later.
Daisy: K bye.







*end of phone convo*

I felt Stefan's arms go around my waist, "Daisy's pregnant?" He asked in a confused voice. I turned in his arms and whispered close to his lips, "No. Adopted." I kissed his soft lips and he pulled me closer.





I knocked on the door of Daisy's house, Stefan's arm wrapped around me. "Who is it?" Daisy yelled from inside the door. I smiled, "Your Boss b****!" I yelled back. I heard her laugh and she opened the door. "B**** please! You ain't anyone’s boss! Except maybe Stefan's!" We both burst out laughing. "Babe, you know Tasha isn't comfortable being alone with me yet." Tyler said walking into the room. "Oh yea. Come meet Tasha guys." Daisy said walking towards her room. When we got in there was the most prettiest little girl ever. She looked so familiar. "Tasha, this is my best friend Nikayla and her boyfriend" Daisy smiled at us, before I could correct her about the boyfriend thing, Tasha ran up to me screaming 'Nikayla!!!' and wrapped her hands around my leg. Her voice is what made me remember her, she's my little cousin. Although Tasha is not her birth name. "Sara..." I whispered in disbelief. My aunt set her up for adoption when she was two because she couldn't care for her anymore. I'm not surprised she remembers me, we were SO close. I think if she had too, she would pick me over her own mother. My hands slowly slid down to hug her and I felt the tears slipping down my cheeks. Sara put her head up and looked at me, there were tears in her eyes too. She raised her hands, asking me to pick her up and I did. "Nikayla! I missed you so much! Mommy didn't let me say bye to you! I thought I lost you forever!" I didn't know what to say, I just squeezed her tight and rubbed her back.
Nobody said anything to us, they just left the room. I was to scared to talk to her, she was too delicate, and I felt as if I said something she would crumble into a million pieces. I sat on Daisy's bed and held Sara in my lap. I saw her eyes start to close then pop open, again and again until I built the courage to speak, "It's ok. You can sleep. I promise I'll be here when you wake up." a couple more tears dripped down her face and before she dosed into unconsciousness she whispered, "Don't ever leave me again." And then she was gone. I laid her on the bed and silently walked out the room. "What the hell was that about?" Daisy asked looking concerned yet confused. "That's my little cousin. My aunt gave her up when she was only two. I was like her mom. I can't believe she's here. With you. I thought I would never see her again." I answered but wasn't really present. "Wow." Was all Daisy could say. "I know why she's scared of Tyler." I whispered. "What?" Tyler asked standing up quickly. "Sara's mom had a boyfriend. And when Sara and I went out she always got scared around my guy friends but when I asked her why, she never answered me. One day when I went to go pick her up from her house, I walked in on her step dad touching her in a way I didn't like. And I yelled at him, 'What are you doing! Don't touch her!' He got mad and hit me, Sara cried which got his attention and he went back to her. I got up and kicked him in the back, knocking the air out of him. Then I kicked his face twice. I grabbed Sara and ran out the house. She cried for hours and hours and lived with me until her mom's boyfriend went to jail." I knew the tears were back, showing the intensity and truthfulness of my story. Stefan got up and hugged me as I cried into his chest. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Daisy crying too, and Tyler had his face in his hands. I faintly heard him whispering, "I would never hurt her." Over and over again. I let go of Stefan and went over to Tyler, "I know you wouldn't hurt her. She just don't know you, you’re a guy, and the fact she doesn't know Daisy don't help. She feels helpless right now. She'll get used to you." I said rubbing his back. "Nikayla... You should take her." Daisy said quickly. "What do you mean?" I asked, shocked. "Take her. Please. I only want what's best. And that's for you to take her. She knows you, she loves you, and she trusts you. I don't like the fact of her being here with people she knows nothing about, people she don't trust." She managed to pull a smile on her face through the tears. "No. I-" I was cut off. "Yes. Please." Daisy walked over to me and put her hand on my shoulder. "Daisy I-" She interrupted me again, "Well then, she will decide for herself when she wakes up."



"Um... Nikayla. I think I hear sniffling coming from the room." Tyler smiled at me. I got up from Stefan's warm familiar lap and walked to the room. I opened the door and saw her face wet again. "Hello baby." I smiled at her. Her face lit up, "I thought you left. I thought you broke your promise." The idea of her thinking I would break a promise to her, hurt me. "Of course not." I walked over to the bad and sat down, Sara climbed onto my lap on nuzzled her head on my chest. "Sara..." I said softly whispered to her. "Yea Nikayla?" The way she talked sounded tortured, abandoned, and too mature for her age. "Would you like to come live with me?" She looked up at me with wide eyes. "Really?!? Yes! Oh please yes! Wait, does that man live with you?" Did she think I would let Stefan hurt her? After what I did that night? I know Sara. More boys touched her since she's been gone. "No baby. I live with Merline. And even if Stefan did live with me, I would never in a million years let him hurt you." She looked down. I kissed the top of her head and said, "You can come live with me." And then we sat in silence.
There was a knock on the door, I got up with Sara in my hands and got the door. I opened in to see Stefan, Sara cowered behind me and Stefan took a step back. I pulled Sara in front of me and picked her up. "Baby, it's ok. Stefan is a very nice man. And I'm here to protect you anyways." She looked at Stefan and lightly smiled at him, a polite gesture, nothing more. He smiled back at her and handed her a lollipop. She took it and looked at me to make sure she can eat it, I nodded my head in reassurance. She opened it and licked it. "Babe. Damon just called, he needs me at the house. I hate rushing but we have to go." Stefan said with a smile. "Are you ready to go Sara?" I asked looking at her almost happy face. She simply nodded her head. "Daisy!" I yelled Daisy came running. "Do you have stuff for her?" I asked. Daisy walked in her room and came out with a bag, "It's not much, but it's what she has." Daisy said smiling at Sara. "Bye bye. I'm sorry." Sara said kissing Daisy's cheek.



I lay in bed with Sara asleep by my side. I heard a little noise and saw Stefan at my window. "Shh" I whispered. The sight of Stefan made me look at my ring. It was beautiful! "I just came to say good night to my fiancé." Stefan said kissing me.

"Wake up Sara." I whispered while shaking her shoulder. Then she let out a piercing scream, "NO!!!" I checked to make sure she was ok then said louder, "Sara, it's ok. It's Nikayla." She opened her eyes, breathing heavy. She threw her arms around my neck and hugged me. "Nikayla! Don't let him get me!" She cried. "Shhh. It's ok baby. I'm here. I'm here to protect you." I soothed. Once she calmed down a little I asked, "Don't let who get you?" She looked at me with her big green eyes, "Scott." I stroked her hair, "Who's that?" I asked. "He was a boy at the adoption center. He was 17. He tried to kill me every night because I look like his mom." I tried to hold back the tears. What has my little girl been through. "Well, you're with me now. And I will not let anyone/anything hurt you! You never have to think of that again."

I helped Sara get dressed into a cute outfit "Nikayla, Where did you get this? It's not mine." I smiled at her and kissed her cheek, "Stefan bought it for you this morning, He got you lots of new clothes." She smiled a bit and simply responded with, "Tell him I said thank you." I nodded my head and grabbed her hand, "Let's go." She looked at me confused, "Where are we going?" I giggled like a child and said, "To go see Merline. But you should know she is at Stefan's house, and Stefan has a brother." She seemed to smile anyways. "You will be there, right? And Merline?" She asked. I smiled seeing that she trust me again, and remembers that she can trust Merline. "Yes. And Daisy will be there, and three other girls." Her smile widened and I saw the little girl I remembered. "Great! Can we go now?" I laughed a little at her enthusiasm. "Yea."

As I pulled into the Salvatore driveway I spoke, "Before we go in there and I make an announcement, I want to run it over with you." I smiled at Sara who's been silent the whole ride. "Ok." She nodded. "Ok, I'm going to introduce you, and state that you will be living with me." I looked at her to see if I'm good so far. She nodded her head again, "Ok, then I'm going to announce my engagement. That means I'm getting married." Sara's eyes got bigger than usual and then she relaxed. "To Stefan?" She asked. I smiled, "Yes." She breathed slowly and managed to smile, "Ok. I like him a little. He's nice, he bought me clothes and gave me a lollipop. And you won't let him hurt me." I laughed and grabbed her little hand, "Yea. He is the nicest man ever. And he will get you anything you need or want. Trust me. And of course I wouldn't let him hurt you." We started to walk towards the door. I guess Stefan most have heard because he opened the door for Sara and I like the gentlemen he is. Stefan grabbed me by my waist and pulled me into a kiss I was not ready for. It had the passion that Stefan never seemed to forget or lack of. "Hey gorgeous. You look beautiful like you do everyday" Stefan said which made me blush a little. Then he seen Sara standing next to me like a little pumpkin. "Well, hello Sara. Do you like your clothes" Stefan asked Sara. Sara looked at Stefan and she didn't look as scare as she did yesterday."Thank you, and yes I do." Stefan laughed, “Well good. I was hoping you would."


I looked at Sara, smiled, and whispered to her, “It’s time". Her face lit up like a little kid getting their favorite toy on Christmas Day."Okay" Sara said with so much enthusiasm in her voice. I cleared my throat and everyone's attention was now on me. I tried to think of the speech I had planned out in the back of my head. I couldn't remember it so I started to say the truth. "Well everyone, I think it is time you should know. Stefan and I are getting married" I let everyone go through the 'Congrats' faze for a minute. When it got silent I started again."I just wanted to let you all know that Stefan is.. Stefan is.." I sighed not knowing how to put my feelings for Stefan into words. I tried again “Stefan is like air to me. I need him or I will not be able to live. I think you all know what I feel. I just think that my life has gotten so much better with Stefan in it. I don't feel like I have to be 100% perfect anymore. That I can just be me and Stefan will take me as I am. They say people change for two reasons: They've learned a lot, or they've been hurt too many times. But that's not true." I looked at Stefan and seen him smiling that award winning smile at me, “I learned to love from Stefan Salvatore. And no one can tell me otherwise." Everyone started to clap. Stefan picked me up, spun me around, and kissed me. Just then as Stefan put me down Sara poked Stefan on his leg."Listen Stefan, I don't care who you are. If you hurt Nikayla I will bite you." Stefan knelled down to Sara's level and said “Don’t worry. I won't." We all started to laugh when Daisy stood up this time. "Okay, after that great speech, I have something to say." She took in a deep breath. "Tyler and I have a baby" I stopped her for a moment."Are you pregnant this time?" I asked. She laughed. "No, we adopted. His name is Michael and he looks like this" Daisy said holding out a picture of him. "He's so cute" I said so excited for her. "Who is that?", Sara said fixing her hair. What is this little girl doing? I laughed. "That is a little boy who is going to start living with Tyler and Daisy" I said to her. "How old is he?" Sara asked now directing her question to Daisy and Tyler. "He's 5, Sara. Why?" Tyler asked Sara. "Because I agree with Nikayla. He is cute! Where is he?" Sara asked. "Out with Tyler's mom getting more clothes". Then I realized "What Sara? You are only 4 years old. Thinking boys are cute" I said. "So? I've had boyfriends before" Sara said with some sass in her voice. "And when was this" I asked curious to find out. "That's a story for another time" Sara explained with satisfaction in her voice. Oh lord.

I woke up and checked on Sara. She was....Smiling? I couldn't help but smile as well, I saw my old little Sara coming back. The only upsetting thing right now is knowing that when she wakes up, I have to tell her she has to stay with Elena for the day. I hated it, she was uncomfortable being without me, but Stefan wants to spend the day alone. "You be good for Elena, ok? You guys have lots of fun." I hollered to Elena and Sara, as I drove away. When I got to Stefan's house, no one greeted me at the door. I walked in and yelled Stefan's name, unfortunately the wrong brother came to me. "Morning Nikayla." Damon said in his weird voice. "Good morning Damon. Is Stefan here?" I asked not bothering to look at him. "What? You mean you didn't come all this way to see me?" He asked cockily and smirked. "Now why would I do that? 1. I don't like you. 2. I'm only nice to you because Merline loves you and you are Stefan's brother. 3. I'm engaged. 4. You have Merline." I said, very exasperated at his flirtatious way of speaking to me every time he gets the chance. He smiled at me and got all up in my bubble, "1.Ouch. 2.Ouch. 3.I know. 4.I know. I thought you loved me Nikayla. I thought we had something going." I straight up laughed in his face, "I do not love you Damon, you turned my friend into a monster. We never had ANYTHING going and you know it. I love Stefan. Always and forever." Damon seemed unfazed by my words, but only seemed to get closer to me, "Forever is a long time Nikayla. And I ca-" Damon was cut off by Stefan walking into the room "Damon would you stop bothering her? Come on gorgeous let's go upstairs." I walked away from Damon, fighting the urge to spit in his face. Considering I'm not the kind of girl to not do something I want to do, I walked back over to Damon and spit. Damon closed his eyes, when he opened them again he looked mad, "Walk away Nikayla." He said through his teeth. I lightly chuckled, "I'm not scared of your b**** ass. Got that?" I looked him straight in the eye, when I felt Stefan's arms go around my waist and he picked me up and took me away. When we got to his room he put me down, "Why did you do that Stefan? I'm not scared of him!" Stefan laughed, he laughed at me -_-. "What?" I asked, obviously offended. "Oh nothing. Are you ok? Is something going on to make you so vicious today?" He said briefly kissing my lips. "You have not seen vicious Stefan. Not even a little." He continued to laugh and it kind of bothered me. "My favorite part was when you said, 'I'm not scared of your b**** ass.' It was priceless." He mocked my tone of voice. "It wasn't a show Stefan, I was going to kick his ass!" Stefan pulled me into his arms and rested his chin on my head, "Trust me, I'm sure you would have. But you're usually more..... I don't know, self-controlled around him. What happened today?" His hand stroked my hair as my arms slid around his waist. I squeezed him, truly missing alone time with him. I felt the tears start to slip out of my eyes. What the hell? Why am I crying? Because I missed Stefan? I don't know why but they are starting to fall more heavy now, I sniffled and squeezed Stefan even tighter. "Hey, Babe? What's wrong? Are you ok?" Stefan asked pulling away to look at my, now red, wet, and puffy, eyes. "I don't know. I'm emotional. One minute I'm cussing Damon out, completely raged, and the next I'm crying because I miss having alone time with you." By now I was absolutely sobbing. Stefan pulled me back to him and continued to stroke my hair, "Are you getting your friend?" He asked. "No! Are YOU getting your friend?!?" I don't know why that offended me. "Ok..... Well, just breathe." He soothed. "I should have it though. Why don't I have it Stefan?!?! Why?!?!" I was completely having hysterics. Now Stefan pulled away fast. "What?! That's not even possible Nikayla. This isn't f*ing Twilight!" I flinched at his harsh words and tone and started to cry more. "I'm sorry. It's just, that isn't even possible babe. Maybe you're just late." He said kissing my forehead. "I'm not just late Stefan. I was supposed to have my period two f*ing weeks ago! So either I'm pregnant or there's something wrong with me!"

The author's comments:
Last chapter. Sequel soon to come.

"Ok. Here." Stefan said, holding out the pharmacy bag. "I don't want that!" I snapped, crossing my arms over my chest. "Stop being stubborn Nikayla. This is serious." Stefan whispered, annoyed. "It doesn't make sense Stefan. Damon f*s people all the time. I mean, who hasn't he f*ed. None of them are pregnant." I said walking away. "Well that could just be because all of those people are either a vampire or dead." Stefan walked over to me and hugging me. "I can't be pregnant Stefan. Will my baby be like, half vamp like Bella's?" I asked, not wanting that pain or that misery. Stefan laughed and kissed my head. "No. That is just a myth! All the way! I mean think about it, if anything my sperm is JUST sperm, not some weird vampire sperm. Your eggs are just eggs. If this is real, then the baby will be totally human. Unless changed." I gust of wind exited my body. "Ok good. I need to apologized to Damon, Stefan. I was mean." Stefan let me go, "He's in the living room." I walked out of the room and to the Parlor to find Damon. "Damon I'm sorry. I was rude, no more than rude. I was cruel, and I apologize." I said in one breath. "Your right, you were cruel. But considering the circumstances, I'll let it go." Damon said, he was being serious. Not the usual Damon he is. "Is this possible Damon? Can I really be....." I couldn't finish my sentence. That word was officially eliminated from my vocabulary. "Pregnant?" Damon finished for me. I simply nodded my head. "Well. I wouldn't know. Stefan is right. All my girls are either dead or a vampire. But I don't know. I'm sorry Nikayla." The tears started coming again and in a second Damon was hugging me. "It's ok. Considering you have a guy like Stefan means you and him will get through this." I just hugged him back, unable to do much more. "Shhh. It's ok." Damon soothed. "Stefan." I heard him whisper. Why was he calling Stefan? He didn't want to hug me anymore? That's ok, I rather be with Stefan anyways! "Come here baby girl. It's ok." Stefan said pulling me to him. I clinged to him and didn't ever want to let go. Before I could even blink we were in Stefan's room and laying on his bed. I just cried into his chest for hours, when my phone rang. I ignored it, so Stefan sat up to get it then layed back down. "Hello?.... Oh hello Elena.....Um she is actually not available.....Oh!......I'll go pick her up.....Well then can you drop her off?......Ok thanks.....Bye." "What happened?" I sobbed. "Well, Sara is crying and wants you because Matt just showed up, so Elena is bringing her here." I was so tired it took a while to realize what his words meant. "I don't want Sara to see me like this!" I said sitting up. Then I just layed back down and continuously tried to pull Stefan closer to me then he already was. I let my last tear fall and then let fatigue take over my body. *Dream* "Nikayla. Don't go." Stefan called to me as I walked away. "I chose Damon, Stefan! And you know this. Damon loves me and cares about me. You don't care." I yelled back. Then I got to Damon and wrapped my arms around him and he kissed me! And I kissed back! It was nice though, the way our lips felt together. The way his hands moved down my back, to my waist, leaving a path of heat. "I love you Damon! Always and forever!" I whispered into his soft lips. He smiled and whispered back, "Forever is a long time Nikayla. And I ca-" I woke up screaming. "Nikayla! Are you ok baby? What happened?" "Nikayla?!?" Both Stefan and Sara sounded worried. "Bad dream" I whispered to both of them and then squeezed Stefan close. "I love you Stefan! I love you Stefan!" "I love you too baby. What happened?" He asked still worried. I just squeezed him tighter and whispered, "Never let me go." And drifted back into a dreamless sleep. "Now we just have to wait 5 minutes to find out." Stefan said holding my hand. "5 minutes. Well I can't survive that long!" I felt my breathing pick up as my heart started to race, my eyes threatened by tears. "Relax babe. 2 minutes already passed, now only 3." Stefan whispered, trying to calm me. I relaxed and waited for four minutes, suddenly not in a rush to find out. (Oh one extra minute, I'm a rebel) "No....No, no, no. This isn't even possible, no. What? Wait no. Stefan this isn't possible." The tears poured in huge amounts, my fragile eyes not strong enough to hold them. I looked at the test again......Positive!



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 6 comments.


xoxox_jazzzz said...
on Dec. 20 2017 at 7:07 pm
xoxox_jazzzz, Christiansburg , Virginia
0 articles 0 photos 2 comments
please write more. I love it so much.

SillySam said...
on Sep. 8 2017 at 9:27 am
SillySam, Alto, Michigan
0 articles 0 photos 2 comments
I love it!

1DInfection said...
on Feb. 8 2013 at 7:02 pm
1DInfection, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
0 articles 0 photos 3 comments
I love your book. When I read it first I thought "Wow, its just like Vampire Diares" I just got confused from who is saying what. Next time, could you maybe start from new paragraph when someone saying something. Thanx :)

nikibeew said...
on Nov. 23 2012 at 11:13 pm
This is the author. Its a Vampire Diares fan-fiction.

on Nov. 23 2012 at 1:25 pm
YoureCrazy GOLD, Loveland, Colorado
10 articles 2 photos 28 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Laugh, it keeps the world from falling apart"

When I read the summary of this, I thought of The Vampire Diaries:P

Unsure SILVER said...
on May. 9 2012 at 9:55 am
Unsure SILVER, Kissimmee, Florida
6 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
If you two are meant to be, then he'll come back to you
but if you are not meant to be, then you'll move on

This story is really good, i love Nikayla she's like me.