Julie&Justin | Teen Ink

Julie&Justin

By writerchik_123 BRONZE, miramar, Florida
writerchik_123 BRONZE, Miramar, Florida

When you can live forever what do you live for?

-Edward Cullen

“JUSTIN COME ON!” I exclaimed dragging him out of the mattress. “No! I don’t want to.” He complained. I huffed. “Justin Ricardo Rivera if you do not get out of this bed right now, I swear I will pour a cup of ice cold water all over you.” He opened half of his left eye. “You wouldn’t.” I raised an eyebrow. “I think we both know I would.” He quickly got up and ran to the bathroom. I giggled and got dressed. I wore my best outfit. I made sure to flat iron my wavy brown hair. It took about twenty minutes. I put the iron down and examined my work. Perfect. I got out of the bathroom to find Justin sitting on my bed eating a bowl of cereal. He was already dressed and ready. “You take too long you know that?” He asked. I rolled my eyes and examined him. He was wearing baggy jeans and his favorite t-shirt that have vans on them. He wore his light blue vans to match. I had to admit. He looked hot without even trying. I ran to the kitchen and grabbed a granola bar. “Come on Justin. Time to go.” He came into the kitchen and put down the bowl in the sink. My mom came in just then to kiss me goodbye. “Have fun you two.” “We will. And thanks for letting me sleep over.” My mother said ‘no problem.’ And me and Justin ran out of the house. We both grabbed our skateboards and rode off. Justin is the one that taught me. Even though I am somewhat a girly girl I have learned to be tom boyish. Plus you know it makes Justin feel more comfortable. As soon as we got there I was shocked. I mean I knew this was a rich school for snobs I just didn’t think it would be this bad. The only reason why we’re here is because were on scholarship. Apparently this is a school for smart and rich kids. Justin and I looked at each other with a face that said ‘what have we gotten ourselves into?’ We both set our skateboards down on the bike rack and walked inside. The place was HUGE! I marveled at the big lockers. Thankfully ours were next to each other. We quickly put in our bags and walked to homeroom together. The teacher was slouching behind her desk typing away. We sat next to each other in the corner of the room. I watched all the preppy kids walk in. A group of girls were the last in and let me tell you they were gorgeous. The leader had curly brown hair and light blue eyes. Her whole outfit was probably designer. The second was a red headed girl with straight hair. She had hazel colored eyes and wore a similar outfit. The last was probably the most beautiful. She had curly blonde hair and the prettiest green eyes. She seemed a little less viscous then the others. All the guys’ whistled when she passed by except for Justin. He was too busy listening to music. The girls stopped in front of me. The leader looked at me as if I was stupid. “Can I help you?” I asked. The girl rolled her eyes. “You’re sitting in my seat.” She said sounding bored. “Really? Where’s the nametag? I didn’t realize we were in elementary school again.” I remarked. The girl tried to stare me down. “I wouldn’t do that if I were you.” She said simply. At this point almost everyone was staring. I stood up. “And If I were you I wouldn’t try to threaten me.” Finally Justin became clear of his surroundings and stood up. “Hey why don’t we just all calm down. It’s just a seat.” I will always remember the girls face when she saw him. She looked at him up and down. I knew what she was thinking. She smiled sweetly and said, “Of course you can sit there.” She sat down in front of him. That really got my blood boiling. No way was this girl going to try to get with him. He is way too good for her. The teacher started to hand out our schedules. I looked over mine quickly and then asked Justin for his. He handed it over without even looking at me. We had four classes together.
1st period: History
3rd period: Math
4th period: P.E
6th period: Drama
I would see him at the beginning and end of every day. I set his back down. The girl in front of Justin casually spun around and said, “Hi, I’m Alicia. Your new here right?” She asked. She batted her long lashes at him. I expected for him to be all lovey dovey, but he didn’t even blink. “Yeah, My names Justin and this is my best friend Juliet.” He introduced me. Alicia faked a smile and turned back to him. “Mind if I see your schedule?” She asked. He nodded. I gave him my famous ‘were going to talk about this later’ stare. When she turned again she said, “We have 3rd and 6th together.” She smiled brightly. Justin gave one back. I almost kicked him. The bell rang and Alicia left us. “You better not do that.” I warned him. He gave me a confused look. “Do what?” I rolled my eyes. “That girl has danger all over her. She likes you and pretty soon you’re going to like her, then you two are going to go out and you’re going to forget about me, and then she’s going to break your heart, and I’m going to have to be the one to pick up the pieces.” I was talking so fast I was panting when I was finished. Justin stared at me for the longest time. “I have no idea what you just said.” I giggled and pulled him outside. “Just promise you won’t ever let a girl or anything comes between us.” I said. He sighed. “I promise.” I stopped him. “No you have to pinky swear.” He rolled his eyes but offered his pinky. I intertwined mine with his. “Now this is serious. You can never break this.” He just rolled his eyes once more and said, “Let’s just go.” We walked together to our first period laughing and talking about the good old times. I’ll never forget that day or that promise. Sometimes I wonder what would happen if we actually kept it. I guess none of this would have happened.

I still couldn’t believe that Juliet made me promise that we would never let anything come between us. Like that would ever happen. Besides, I love her. Now that is something we need to keep between us, because she doesn’t know. She will never know, because I will never tell her. That would ruin everything. So I just keep my little secret to myself. Anyways, after school Juliet and I decided to go over my house. When we got there my parents weren’t home. So Juliet grabbed some pop corn while I turned on the TV and put on our favorite movie. Four Christmas’s. Ever since we saw it at the movies Juliet has been hooked. She laughs every time. Juliet has the best smile in the world. Her teeth are perfect and are extremely white. She came back with the bag. She sat down on the other side of me and leaned her body on me. He head was on my shoulder and her feet were on the edge of the couch. She handed me the popcorn and I took it willingly. Some time during the movie I leaned back so her head was now on my chest. She stayed there willingly. I touched her strawberry scented hair. I noticed that every once in a while this happened. We acted more like a couple than best friends. She didn’t seem to notice and I sure wasn’t complaining. When the movie was over she was asleep. Her eyelids were the prettiest shade of lavender. I stroked her hair again and I heard her sigh. ‘That feels good.” She opened her eyes. “I thought you were asleep?” I asked her. She sighed again and said, “I thought so too.” I chuckled and she looked up at me. We stared at each other, for what seemed like forever. She finally looked away and said, “I better get going. My parents are going to want to know where I am.” She got up and grabbed her book bag. I sighed and walked her out. “I’ll see you tomorrow.” Before she turned around, she did something I did not expect. She came up to me, and kissed my cheek. Then she turned around quickly and walked back to her house. I just stared at her until she went into her house. I went back inside feeling very pleased with myself.

Okay I did something very risky today. I kissed Justin. Well not on the lips but on the cheek. He was so surprised. I turned before he could see my tomato red face. As I sit in my room thinking about it all, my mom knocks on the door. “Hey can I come in?” She asks. I nod even though she can’t see. She opens the door anyways. My mom is pretty cool. I mean she isn’t too strict but she definitely wouldn’t let me go off wild coming home at midnight. She sits on my bed and says, “Listen this weekend your dad and I are going out of town for a business trip. We’re going to be gone for about eight days. You will be staying over Justin’s house. Okay?” She asked as if I had the choice to say no. I said yes and that seemed to please her. She seemed to be hovering around like she wanted to say something else. “Is there anything else you needed mom?” I asked her cautiously. She hesitated but then said, “Is there anything going on between you and Justin? Lately it seems you two have been acting different around each other.” I froze. Was it that obvious or was it just that ‘mom instinct’ she always talks about. Finally I say, “No there isn’t. Things are the same as always.” My voice sounds a little high. She looks at me for a second and then says, “Okay, but if there is you can always tell me.” Then she smiles. “I actually think you guys would be really good together.” “MOM!” I complain. She laughs. “Okay I’ll leave.” She leaves still giggling. Even though she is my mom I can’t help but feel all good inside. What if she is right? What if we really are perfect for each other? Either way I am excited about staying over Justin’s. Maybe I can tell him……What am I saying? I could never tell him. That would ruin everything. I lie down on my bed and start to think of all the possible outcomes. The first is that he will be completely disgusted and run away. I shake my head as if to get rid of the thought. The second is that he would give me that speech about he just likes me as a friend and nothing else. The last is that he kisses me and we end up being boyfriend and girlfriend. The second is probably the most likely to happen, but I still fantasize about the last. I mean a girl can dream right?
The next day at school wasn’t bad. Thankfully there wasn’t any awkwardness. We just acted as we usually do. At lunch we sat on a one of the benches they have outside. We sat with some of our old friends. My best girlfriends, Erica and Cassidy, and then Justin’s two guy friend, David and Jose. Cassidy was sitting next to Jose as always. She has had the biggest crush on him since grade school, but refuses to admit it. Next to her is Erica, and next to Erica is David. We all think David is secretly in love with Erica, because he is always with her. Needless to say all the girls in our group like one of the guys. We used to imagine ourselves going on a triple date. The dream lives on.

Sorry there short but i post two each week. One Julie and one Justin

Okay so things weren’t so bad today. No awkwardness which was good. In Drama class we were asked to pick a partner. Before I could do anything Juliet put her hand on my desk and stared at me. As if I had anyone else to go with. Each of the groups would be doing one of the scenarios that she would pick out for us. When she finally came to us she gave us a two page script. Juliet looked over it and said, “This is perfect.” I read it over and saw why. It was about this girl named Jamie and her best friend Austin. Jamie was mad at Austin because he told their friends about her crush. In the end they end up getting ice cream and make up. I nod at her and for the rest of the class we practice. To be honest it’s kind of funny.

Juliet: Jamie
Justin: Austin

Friendship troubles
Jamie: (Storming off) I can’t believe you did that!
Austin: (following) Aw come on Jamie it was an accident. I didn’t mean to it slipped out. It’s not like I told Max. (says it a little louder than nessecary)
Jamie: (turns) why don’t you tell the whole world, while you’re at it!
Austin: (rolls eyes) Come on I said I was sorry.
Jamie: Austin why would you do that? You’re supposed to be my best friend. You’re supposed to keep my secrets, not tell everyone you see!
Austin: Jamie I told you it wasn’t on purpose. I said sorry like twelve times.
Jamie: (About to turn)
Austin: (Grabs her)
Jamie: Let go Austin.
Austin: Not until you forgive me and tell me what’s really bothering you.
Jamie: (struggles) I don’t know what you’re talking about.
Austin: Really Jamie? I’ve known you since diaper days. You don’t think I know when something is bothering you?
Jamie: (sighs) It just bothers me that you said that in front of everybody and acted like it was nothing. How am I supposed to trust you with anything?
Austin: Please Jamie I promise it will never happen again. Why can’t you forgive me? I forgave you when you when you broke my arm.
Jamie: Hey that was an accident!
Austin: So was this.
Jamie: (sighs) Okay then I guess I forgive you
Austin: (smiles) that’s my girl. Now lets go out for some ice cream.
Jamie and Austin exit

Juliet was great at being over dramatic. Before class ended Juliet told me should we be staying over this weekend. I was so excited. A whole eight days of fun! Maybe I could finally tell Juliet……Okay seriously Justin what is wrong with you? You know what would happen, but then again if I don’t say it then she will never know and I will never have a chance. At least if you tell her she will know how you feel. The worst that could happen is that she wants to stay friends. Ugh I hate arguing with myself. Hopefully I can convince myself to ask her. Well I guess I’ll see Saturday.

This whole week has been boring. Absolutely nothing to do. So when I went to bed Friday night I was absolutely anxious about going to see Justin tomorrow. His parents won’t be home until nine so we have all that time to have fun! Not only that but I get there at around six in the morning because my parents plane leaves at eight. I have a hard time sleeping but eventually I begin to close my eyes and dream about Justin.

When I get there Justin is asleep. I kiss my parents goodbye and wave to Justin’s parents as they head off to work. As you can see they are kind of work-aholics. As soon as their car leaves the driveway I run to Justin’s room. His room is a dark blue and is always a mess just the way I like it. Justin is peacefully sleeping in his bed. I sigh and stare at him for a minute, but then I jump on his bed. “WAKE UP!” Justin groans. “Ten more minutes mom.” I roll my eyes. “This isn’t your mom it’s your best friend! Now if you want to have endless fun I suggest you get up!” He opens his eyes halfways and asks, “Didn’t this happen yesterday?” I giggle and he smiles. He gets up and rubs his eyes. He just sits there. “Aren’t you going to get up?” I ask. He sighs and says, “Well unless you want to see my Hanes boxers I don’t think so.” I laugh as I leave the room and I could hear him laughing too. About a minute later he is in a blue v neck and some shorts. We head down stairs and make breakfast. He put in his IPod and we danced around while making pancakes and eggs. We eat it all up. I sit on the couch and groan. I put my hand on my stomach and say, “I feel like I’m going to throw up.” Justin looks at my stomach in amazement. “I swear I will never know where the heck all that food you eat goes to.” I giggle and he sits next to me on the couch. “What do you want to watch?” He asks. I think about it for a minute then say, “Finding Nemo.” Justin puts it in and somehow we get into the same position as last time. When the movie is over Justin suggest going to his pool in the backyard. I nod and we both race upstairs. I get into my bikini and meet him downstairs. When I get to the pool I don’t see him anywhere. I bend over to look in the pool only to feel cold hands on my back. I fell inside the cold water. When I surface I see Justin with a big smile on his face. “You are so going to get it.” For the next hour we play Tom and Jerry. I try to get him, but instead he gets me. Finally I’m too worn out and cold to keep going so I sit down and wrap a towel around myself. Justin sits beside me. “You should shower.” I nod and get up. I leave the towel on the chair and start to walk away. I feel eyes on me so I look at the sliding glass door and see Justin looking at me. Not in the ‘look at that body way’ but it he seemed like he….wanted me. Juliet don’t be ridiculous. I go inside and head for the shower.

As Juliet showered I attempted to clean up my bedroom. In a pile of clothes I found a yellow dress. It took me a while but I realized that it was Juliet’s. She wore it to my birthday party. All I really remember is how beautiful she looked in it. It hugged every curve and made her legs look longer. Her hair was curled and even with no make-up she looked flawless. “What’s that?” I turned to find Juliet with her hair still wet in a Hollister shirt and shorts. “You’re dress. Remember? You wore it to my party.” She nodded and said, “I wonder if it still fits.” I handed it to her and said, “Try it on.” She smiled and left. I sat on my bed and grabbed my IPod. A few minutes later Juliet came in and all I could do was stare. “It fits good. I thought I would have out grown it by now.” I got up and walked over to her. She looked confused. “Have I ever told you how beautiful you look?” I asked before I could think about what I was saying. Her cheeks turned a beautiful shade of pink. “No actually you haven’t. But you should more often.” She teased. I didn’t really pay attention. I was too busy looking at her eyes. Was it possible to be hypnotized just by a stare? Juliet stared longingly into my eyes. Before I had time to stop myself I stroked her cheek and she closed her eyes for a moment. “I have something to tell you.” I said. This was it. Now or never. “What?” She asked. “Promise me something first?” I asked. She grabbed my hand and squeezed it. “Anything.” I took a breath and said, “We’ll stay friends no matter what.” She nodded and I took a tiny step forward. It discarded most of the space between us. “I think…..I think I love you.” I held my breath for her reaction. Juliet huffed as if she had gotten the wind blown out of her. She searched my eyes. It was quiet. “Please say something before I stop breathing all together.” That’s when she kissed me. I could feel her smiling through the kiss. She wrapped her arms around my neck and mine found her waist. When we finally came up for air she said, “I think I love you too.” That’s when I smiled too. And I kissed her again. This one a lot longer. When we came up she rested her head against mine. We were both still smiling. “Okay I need to sit down before I pass out.” She says and I chuckle. She lay’s on my bed and I go next to her. She leans on me and I grab her hands. I could have stayed there forever.

I woke up to the sound of a knock. I rubbed my eyes and saw Juliet sleeping soundly on me. I smiled and looked at my clock. Twelve o’clock. “Crap.” I muttered. I carefully carried Juliet to her bed and ran to the door putting on my best sleepy face. I opened it to my dad and mom at the door. Both on their phones. My mom looked up. “Hey sweetie. Sorry to wake you. Forgot the keys at the office.” She smiled innocently. I just nodded. My dad asked, “Where’s Juliet?” I knew he was only making sure she wasn’t in my bed. “In the guest room sleeping.” My dad pretended to go use the bathroom but as he passed the guest room he looked in. I sighed and said, “I’m going back to sleep.” My mom nodded not taking her eyes off her phone. “Night sweetie.” I feel asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

Get ready guys. The drama will start these next few chapters ;)

When I woke up the next morning I forgot where I was. Then all at once all the memories came back. I touched my lips softly. Did that really happen last night? I got out of bed and went to Justin’s room. His bed was empty. Then I was hit with the scent of bacon and pancakes. I walked into the kitchen and saw Justin making breakfast. “Morning sleepy head.” He said smiling. I sat down at the table. “You okay?” He asked. I nodded. “Yeah I just had the strangest dream last night.” Justin turned toward her. “What was it about?” She sighed. “Well you were in it and well let’s just say there was LOTS of kissing.” Justin laughed. “That did happen.” I still wasn’t sure. “But in the dream I fell asleep on you. This morning I was in the guest bed.” Justin gave me the food and sat down beside me. “That’s because I carried you when my parents came home.” I chewed for a few minutes. “Well then let’s test it. What did I do after you said you loved me?” I blushed just saying it. Justin smiled. “You were trying to see if I was lying or not. I started to freak out and asked you to say something. Then you kissed me.” Justin smiled. I sighed and said, “I’m going to be so upset when I wake up.” Justin frowned and said, “Why don’t you believe that I could love you? I’ve known you all my life.” I got up and started to walk away, but Justin grabbed me. “Why?” He asked again. Juliet was quiet for a moment. “Because it just…doesn’t make sense for you to love me. I’ve always felt you could do better or-” I didn’t get to finish because I was cut off by Justin’s sudden kiss. I was surprised, but didn’t pull away. I wanted to remember this as much as possible. When he finally pulled away he said, “There is no way I could do better than you.” I buried her face in his chest as little tears went down my face. I have never felt more happy in my entire life.

on Apr. 23 2012 at 9:17 pm
AddisonP. BRONZE, Fairfield, Connecticut
Omg I love it write more PLEAAAASSSSEEEE!!!

on Apr. 2 2012 at 7:12 pm
writerchik_123 BRONZE, Miramar, Florida

-Edward Cullen

Thanks so much! I will right more asap!

on Mar. 21 2012 at 8:49 pm
nemish23 BRONZE, Sydney, Other

"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
They just make the most of everything they have."

"Today is life. The only life we're sure of. Make the most of today." -CSI:NY

AWESOME!!! your book rules!

write more, plz! can't wait to see what happens.

And check out my work too sometime please? :)