Infinity and Me

Author's note: Well, the beginning is mostly true, but it's just my perfect happily ever after! I have it on...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: Well, the beginning is mostly true, but it's just my perfect happily ever after! I have it on watt pad , and I have a cover for it on there (made by my friend).  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next »

basketball and I don't mix

Our little football era in gym had ended, no more football or rugby for us. Now it was the dreaded sport, one of the sports I hated to play the most. You all know the sport, involving an orange ball with crisscrossing black line and it's basically a game of keepaway with the additional bonus of trying to score by shooting the ball through the basket way high up in the sky. You know what it is, right? It's terrible, the most violent and injury filled sport in gym...

It's BASKETBALL.
Our little football era in gym had ended, no more football or rugby for us. Now it was the dreaded sport, one of the sports I hated to play the most. You all know the sport, involving an orange ball with crisscrossing black line and it's basically a game of keepaway with the additional bonus of trying to score by shooting the ball through the basket way high up in the sky. You know what it is, right? It's terrible, the most violent and injury filled sport in gym... It's BASKETBALL. Da dum dum dummmm. Ok, enough with that crappy suspense and tradegy filled sorrow of basketball, but it's true: I'm terrible at it. It's a sport that sucks monkey crap. I don't like to play it at all, and today we start our basketbll unit. How was I going to survive? It was Monday morning, quickly raced to the locker room to have more time to talk to Kyleigh, but I changed slower than usual. Since Ahmed and I used to be the fastest changers in gym, we sometimes would awkwardly sit in the gym by ourselves for a few minutes. I think because of all the actions that have occured between us, he wants to also change as slowly as possible. Exactly what I want to do, too. I might as well take my time changing and primping myself up for gym. I paitently waited for Kyleigh to enter the locker room, and when she did, she gave the activity board a look of discuss and headed towards me. She clearly had the same feeling about basketball as me. "Ew, basketball," she protested as she opened her dark forest green gym locker and started changing into her gym uniform," Why can't we stay in football?" "I know right?" I agreed istantly, knowing that that makes two of us who'd rather stay in the football unit," Why basketball? Because our next gym unit after health is square dancing!" "We have to do square dancing this year?" Kyleigh exclaimed, shocked," No way! I hate dancing with guys, but I hope we get to pick our partners." "Ya, hopefully," I muttered. I'd been planning on asking Ahmed to be my dance partner soon so I can reserve him all to myself. I definitely didn't want another girl to ask him first and have him to herself. Then again, no one will probably ask him since he's ery violent in sports and kicked all those girls. I think they'd rather dance with someone else. I took my time changing and departed from the locker room with Kyleigh, chatting about what we thought we'd start basketball with. Probably some skill test or something, since that was what we started our other sport units with. I wonder what the skill test was though. Hopefully just shooting baskets. As we kept discussing what the skill test would be, Ahmed walked in and gave us the usual strange glance before settling down in his spot in the front of squad three. Our gym teacher then exited the locker room, and then we all had to go to our corrext squads and do our usual eay daily warm ups. "Ok class, 20 jumping jacks!" Squad one's exercise leader for this week yelled and we started screaming along with her as we counted the jumping jacks. "One, two, three, four..," we all shouted in unison and all ended together on twenty. Then, we went onto squad two's leader for the next exercise. "Ok class, right foot over left," instructed squad two's leader and we obediantly put our right foot over our left and waited for the leader to start counting. "One, two, three..." he counted as we all stretched down to where it hurt and held it there. The leader counted up to ten, then we switched feet and we repeated the same process. After that exercise was done, Ahmed commanded," Class, 15 situps!" We all got into sit up position, and once he noticed we were all ready, started the sit ups. "One." We all did our first sit up. "Two." We heaved up to our second situp. This went on until we all did 15 situps, then we switched over to squad four's leader. "Class, ten push ups." She quietly said and we got into the correct push up position, and once we all got into the stance, started counting. "One." First pushup down, nine to go. "Two." Two pushups down, eight to go. We finally finished the most difficult exercise then switched over back to squad one's leader for the most fun exercise of the day. "Class, seven burpies!" She proudly commanded and we finished up our warm ups for the day. Then, we assembled in the middle of the gym so our gym teacher could tell us today's plan. "Today we are going to do our preparatoy skill test for basketball. They're fallouts..." I stopped paying attention after she said 'basketball' but I was happy that I'd guessed correctly that we'd be doing the skill test for basketball, but I also didn't listen because in all my prep. skill tests I'd failed deeply in them, so I'd fail in the basketball skill test too. We got into our gym squads again, and the gym teacher split us off to do the skill test at one of the six different baskets in the gym. I'd wanted to go with the guys on my team, but no, I got stuck with the lame excuses of girls, the ones that whe they played volleyball and the ball got too close to them, they'd scream and run away so it wouldn't damage their oh so perfect hair or nails. How'd I get so lucky? Since I hadn't bothered to listen to the gym teacher when she'd explained how to do the skill test, I had to check the white board to see how we were supposed to do it. I printed to the white board, quickly skimmed it, then ran back to my group. Gladly, I didn't go first for the skill test, so I had time to think of a strategy to get an A on the fallouts skill test. I had to get 12 in 30 seconds. That didn't sound too treachorous. The first girl screamed as the buzzer went off and she started her skill test. By the end of the 30 seconds, she'd gotten zero- Ha ha! What a fail, even I could do better than that. The next two girls did the skill test (they each got 5- a C for girls), and then it was my turn. I grabbed the basketball and took it in my hands. I waited paitently for the buzz of the timer, and hoped that I would do well on the test. The buzzer started and I threw the basketball and crossed my fingers so that the ball would go in the basket. It hit the backboard at a seemingly perfect angle, and it missed. What? How'd it miss? I was so shocked that I didn't see the basketball bounce off the backboard and hit my head. "Ow!" screeched and chased after the ball. I grabbed it and shot it again, but I missed, This kept going on simaltaneously, and I kept trying and trying. Finally, the stupid buzzer signaled that my time was up, and I happily threw it to the next girl in line. I went up to the gil who'd been keeping trac of my score to see what my score was, in case that in some miraculous way I didn't catch that I made a basket or something. "What'd I get?" I asked her impatiently. "Zero," she giggled, which made me even more pissed off than I should of been. I'd gotten zero. The goose's big, fat egg. A fail, a tradegy. I had known I was terrible at basketball, and this had proved it. No amount of confidence or happiness could change that. We continued the skill test, but my heart wasn't in it anymore. I didn't try at all, and by the end of the gym period, I'd gotten a three. I wasn't even at a C! Just before we had to change, we all met in the middle of the gym again and the gym teacher asked us all our scores. AHmed had gotten 15, the second best in our class, and I, the second worst. I was such a fail, that everyone in my squad had at least a C except for me! After gym, I went to my regular locker, grabbed my stuff, and headed up the stairs to orchestra. Along the way, I saw Ahmed. He stopped to turn to look at me with.. sympathy? I couldn't tell because I briefly stared bac at him, angry that he was such a perfect athlete, and sprinted up the stairs to get my viola out of the orchestra storage room.

Da dum dum dummmm.

Ok, enough with that crappy suspense and tradegy filled sorrow of basketball, but it's true: I'm terrible at it. It's a sport that sucks monkey crap. I don't like to play it at all, and today we start our basketbll unit. How was I going to survive?

It was Monday morning, quickly raced to the locker room to have more time to talk to Kyleigh, but I changed slower than usual. Since Ahmed and I used to be the fastest changers in gym, we sometimes would awkwardly sit in the gym by ourselves for a few minutes. I think because of all the actions that have occured between us, he wants to also change as slowly as possible. Exactly what I want to do, too. I might as well take my time changing and primping myself up for gym.

I paitently waited for Kyleigh to enter the locker room, and when she did, she gave the activity board a look of discuss and headed towards me. She clearly had the same feeling about basketball as me.

"Ew, basketball," she protested as she opened her dark forest green gym locker and started changing into her gym uniform," Why can't we stay in football?"

"I know right?" I agreed istantly, knowing that that makes two of us who'd rather stay in the football unit," Why basketball? Because our next gym unit after health is square dancing!"

"We have to do square dancing this year?" Kyleigh exclaimed, shocked," No way! I hate dancing with guys, but I hope we get to pick our partners."

"Ya, hopefully," I muttered. I'd been planning on asking Ahmed to be my dance partner soon so I can reserve him all to myself. I definitely didn't want another girl to ask him first and have him to herself. Then again, no one will probably ask him since he's ery violent in sports and kicked all those girls. I think they'd rather dance with someone else.

I took my time changing and departed from the locker room with Kyleigh, chatting about what we thought we'd start basketball with. Probably some skill test or something, since that was what we started our other sport units with. I wonder what the skill test was though. Hopefully just shooting baskets.

As we kept discussing what the skill test would be, Ahmed walked in and gave us the usual strange glance before settling down in his spot in the front of squad three. Our gym teacher then exited the locker room, and then we all had to go to our corrext squads and do our usual eay daily warm ups.

"Ok class, 20 jumping jacks!" Squad one's exercise leader for this week yelled and we started screaming along with her as we counted the jumping jacks.

"One, two, three, four..," we all shouted in unison and all ended together on twenty. Then, we went onto squad two's leader for the next exercise.

"Ok class, right foot over left," instructed squad two's leader and we obediantly put our right foot over our left and waited for the leader to start counting.

"One, two, three..." he counted as we all stretched down to where it hurt and held it there. The leader counted up to ten, then we switched feet and we repeated the same process.

After that exercise was done, Ahmed commanded," Class, 15 situps!" We all got into sit up position, and once he noticed we were all ready, started the sit ups.

"One." We all did our first sit up.

"Two." We heaved up to our second situp.

This went on until we all did 15 situps, then we switched over to squad four's leader.

"Class, ten push ups." She quietly said and we got into the correct push up position, and once we all got into the stance, started counting.

"One." First pushup down, nine to go.

"Two." Two pushups down, eight to go.

We finally finished the most difficult exercise then switched over back to squad one's leader for the most fun exercise of the day.

"Class, seven burpies!" She proudly commanded and we finished up our warm ups for the day. Then, we assembled in the middle of the gym so our gym teacher could tell us today's plan.

"Today we are going to do our preparatoy skill test for basketball. They're fallouts..." I stopped paying attention after she said 'basketball' but I was happy that I'd guessed correctly that we'd be doing the skill test for basketball, but I also didn't listen because in all my prep. skill tests I'd failed deeply in them, so I'd fail in the basketball skill test too.

We got into our gym squads again, and the gym teacher split us off to do the skill test at one of the six different baskets in the gym. I'd wanted to go with the guys on my team, but no, I got stuck with the lame excuses of girls, the ones that whe they played volleyball and the ball got too close to them, they'd scream and run away so it wouldn't damage their oh so perfect hair or nails. How'd I get so lucky?

Since I hadn't bothered to listen to the gym teacher when she'd explained how to do the skill test, I had to check the white board to see how we were supposed to do it. I printed to the white board, quickly skimmed it, then ran back to my group. Gladly, I didn't go first for the skill test, so I had time to think of a strategy to get an A on the fallouts skill test. I had to get 12 in 30 seconds. That didn't sound too treachorous.

The first girl screamed as the buzzer went off and she started her skill test. By the end of the 30 seconds, she'd gotten zero- Ha ha! What a fail, even I could do better than that.

The next two girls did the skill test (they each got 5- a C for girls), and then it was my turn. I grabbed the basketball and took it in my hands. I waited paitently for the buzz of the timer, and hoped that I would do well on the test.

The buzzer started and I threw the basketball and crossed my fingers so that the ball would go in the basket. It hit the backboard at a seemingly perfect angle, and it missed. What? How'd it miss? I was so shocked that I didn't see the basketball bounce off the backboard and hit my head.

"Ow!" screeched and chased after the ball. I grabbed it and shot it again, but I missed, This kept going on simaltaneously, and I kept trying and trying. Finally, the stupid buzzer signaled that my time was up, and I happily threw it to the next girl in line. I went up to the gil who'd been keeping trac of my score to see what my score was, in case that in some miraculous way I didn't catch that I made a basket or something.

"What'd I get?" I asked her impatiently.

"Zero," she giggled, which made me even more pissed off than I should of been. I'd gotten zero. The goose's big, fat egg. A fail, a tradegy. I had known I was terrible at basketball, and this had proved it. No amount of confidence or happiness could change that.

We continued the skill test, but my heart wasn't in it anymore. I didn't try at all, and by the end of the gym period, I'd gotten a three. I wasn't even at a C! Just before we had to change, we all met in the middle of the gym again and the gym teacher asked us all our scores. AHmed had gotten 15, the second best in our class, and I, the second worst. I was such a fail, that everyone in my squad had at least a C except for me!

After gym, I went to my regular locker, grabbed my stuff, and headed up the stairs to orchestra. Along the way, I saw Ahmed. He stopped to turn to look at me with.. sympathy?

I couldn't tell because I briefly stared bac at him, aangry that he was such a perfect athlete, and sprinted up the stairs to get my viola out of the orchestra storage room.