About Two People | Teen Ink

About Two People

By Livelaughlove1682 BRONZE, Monroe, Connecticut
Livelaughlove1682 BRONZE, Monroe, Connecticut

"Controversy's in the eye of the beholder" - adam lambert

The day the science teacher made them lab partners, Lisa’s face turned bright red. “May I go to the bathroom?” Lisa asks
“Yes, Yes” the science teacher replies with a shake of the hand.
Standing in front of a mirror talking to herself “Lisa pull yourself together, He’s just a guy, a really hot guy, but just a guy. You can do this.” After the pep talk she returns to the class, where she finds out she has to share a table with her nemesis Sara and her not so nemesis brother Tim another one of the blues.
“Lisa” Sara says with the role of the eyes,
“Sara” Lisa says with a return role of the eyes.
“Dang, we got some enemies over here.” Mikey says as a grin sweeping onto his face. “Well maybe if this freak stops being one, everything would be a-okay” a devious smile role onto Sara’s face.
Lisa stands up looking annoyed. “What’s wrong with you? Hmm tell me because I would really like to know. While you’re making fun of me, I’m getting A’s and B’s, and what are you getting, D’s and F’s. So if taking pride in my work makes me a freak, then I’m a big freak. And you, you’re just a big bully and not to mention a stuck up, self absorbed bit” “Bitter person” Mikey interrupts.
The bell rung and Lisa flew out of there, Mikey running after her “Lisa, Lisa, wait up” Mikey yells.
“What” She yells in anger.
“Whoa, calm down girl” he laughs.
“Sorry just a little peeved, is all”
“I’ve never seen you like that before.” Mikey says.
“Yah like you’ve seen me at all” Lisa mumbles.
“What?” he asks surprised.
“Nothing Mikey, nothing,” looking up into his eyes, Mikey clears his throat,
“So um, listen, I’m falling behind on some of my classes, and I need a tutor, would you be interested?” he asks shyly while looking into her eyes.
“Um” Lisa smiles “Sur e, I’ll help you out.”
“Great, good, fabulous” Mikey says in excitement. They walk out of school together, then part their separate ways.

Later that night Lisa’s on the phone with her best gay best friend, James,

“I don’t see what the problem is, if you like this guy, then tutor him.” James says encouragingly.
“Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, I know but, I don’t look the part that he’s want.” Just then a knock on her door “Hang on, James I have to go I’ll call you back”
“K, K, you better” They hang up.
“Come in” her brother opens the door he’s a senior in high school one year older than Lisa. “Hey sis” Tim says and sits down on her bed.
“Hi” she says back. Looking confused, at why her brother is there in her room she flips closed her phone and looks at Tim. “What’s up?”
“It’s not so much me but more you, I’m concerned about you, about what happened today in chem.” As he says that, his phone vibrates, he looks at it, it’s a text message from Mikey saying “Wow your sister was amazing today, I’ve never seen anybody stand up to Sara like that, it was kind of hot, do you mind if I ask her out” He shut’s his phone Lisa looks at him
“Why are you so concerned about me Timmy, I stood up for myself I thought you’d be happy for me, with the death of Mom and Dad I’d think you’d be way more supportive, I guess I was way wrong.” She lays her head onto Tim’s lap “What’s wrong with me Timmy, am I a freak or what?”
“You are not a freak, if you were” he hesitated “Why would Mikey ask me permission to take you out?” He asks smiling.
She shot up in excitement “He did what now?!”
“Yeah, who knew you could get someone like him?” He laughed then realizing what he said he stood up with an awkward feeling in his gut.
“Jerk” she punched him in the arm. “So does he have your permission?”
“I suppose!” He looks at her and smiles “Now call back James, tell him to get his butt over here, we have some work to do.”
“And you text back Mikey, and thank you Timmy, really”
He picks up his phone and responded to Mikey “Yes you may take her out, but nothing else ok?” Mike
y responded almost right away give or take a few minutes
“You got it dude, thank you so much”

Later Lisa picks up her phone and calls James “Hey, Hey, James”
“Well it’s about time, you called me back” James says sarcastically
“Sorry ha-ha, I just got the best news ever!” she says in excitement
“Well what is it?” he asks
“Mikey asked Tim for his permission to take me out!” She’s so excited she can barely breathe.
“Holy crap, congrats girl and what do you want me to do?”
“Well these are Tim’s exact words ‘Now call back James, tell him to get his butt over here, we have some work to do.’” She says happily
“Then I’m on my way” He hangs up and within Two hours he’s there.There’s a knock on the door Tim opens it “James, it’s good to see you its been a while .” Tim says as he waves James in the house
“It has been awhile hasn’t it, but that’s that. I’m here for Lisa, and where is that girl?”
“She has been trying on outfits for hours, I just hope I didn’t create a monster” Just then Lisa comes down the stairs wearing a beautiful Navy blue and white striped dress.
“So what do you think? Is it too much?” She asks smiling.
“its wow, I’m speechless, and it’s hard for me to be speechless ” James said looking up and down at her.
“It’s amazing Lisa, really amazing” Tim said with a huge smile on his face
“It is really? I would have thought it would be too much” She looks at Tim then at James “Wait what about makeup?” James asks franticly
“I don’t have any, I haven’t needed it” she replies calmly
“Don’t worry guuuurrrrllllll I got you” James says as he pulls out eyeliner, eye shadow, mascara, every makeup product there is basically
“You never manage to surprise me.” She takes his hand and leads him to the bathroom to help her get ready. They come down the stairs
“You two are amazing, really I can’t thank you enough” She says with tears of joy running down her face.
“You can thank us by having a great time.” Tim and James say.

Just then there’s a knock at the door its Mikey Tim opens up the door
“Wow, Lisa you look beautiful.” Mikey says as he steps in the house.
“Thanks, you look pretty good yourself” She smiles.
“Shall we go?” He loops his arm around hers.
“We shall” Turning around to look at Tim she mouths “Thank you”
He mouths “You’re welcome” looking at James he says “Our little girl has grown up”

Yes, yes she has” He says and smiles “Oh the joys of being gay, ha straight people have it so easy.”
“No we don’t it’s so much harder for us straight people.” He says with a smirk on his face.
“Yah, ok, sure” He says sarcastically “At least she’s having fun, I’m stuck at home all day long with nothing to do.” He says as he sits down on the couch.
“Well you’re welcome to stay as long as you’d like” Tim says plopping right down next to he their knees touching he looks at James
“Ok I can’t do this any longer.” He turns to James and says “Dude I’m gay, Lisa doesn’t even know, you are the first to kn-” James stops him by putting his lips over Tim’s.
“Holy crap, I’m s” Tim puts his lips over James’s mouth.
“Don’t be.” He says smiling
“How am I going to tell Lisa, that me, her best friend just kissed her brother?” James asked in a concerned way.
“You mean how are we going to tell Lisa, I’m not letting you go, we’re in this together.” Grabs James’s hand “‘till the end” he kisses James
“Till the end” James says

It’s fairly quiet on Mikey and Lisa’s date; Mikey tries to start up a conversation
“So, um how your life, your parents, everything”
“Well my life is hell, my parents are dead and everything else sucks too” she says then starts to chuckle a pity chuckle.
“Oh, I’m so sorry to hear about your parents, that must really suck.” He says looking at her in the eyes.
“Not so much, they were horrible parents, but there’s a part of me that still misses them.” She says looking at him “What?”
“Nothing I just have a desire to kiss you.” He says and laughs
“What’s stopping you?” she asks smiling.
“Nothing” He leans over the table and kisses her. She returns the kiss and smiles
“I have to admit, I’ve wanted to do that for a long time.” He paused “and I’m glad I did”
“I’m glad you did too” she replies happily.
“Do you want to get out of here?” he asks
“Sure” she replies “how about you pay while I use the ladies room, sound fair?”
“Yep” he helps her up, she walks over to the ladies room and whips out her phone to call the house, to check up on everything.

Mean while over at the house James and Tim are basically down each other’s throats when the phone rings, Tim picks up “Conwell residence.”
“Tim? It’s me Lisa”
“Hey leis what’s up?” he asks as James is kissing at his neck.
“Just wanted to check up on you, is James still there?” not knowing how to reply he says “yeah, we’re just chillin watching WWE, how’s everything going with you?”
“Fantastic, we are actually just about to leave, and see a movie”
“Well have fun sis, oh James wants to say hi” He hands the phone to James
“Hi-skee, hurry up and get home I need you” he says looking at Tim “We need you”
“Sorry, what? The reception here stinks egregiously” she says trying to hear him
“Nothing, have fun with whatever you’re doing”
“Alright bye” she says hanging up, and walking towards Mikey
“All set?” Mikey asks standing up
“Yep” she says as she puts her bag around her shoulder “Let’s go”
Mikey leads the way to the parking lot; they get into his Red Chevy cruze 2011
Mikey starts the car and they drives away, a song that Lisa love comes on the radio “And now a song from Kyle Riabko titled “What Did I get myself into?”
Lisa turns up the volume and sings along
“Well well every day was filled
With all the love and happiness
I could find in my life
There was nothing i could miss
Well it was easy easy alright

Well well i had found the one before
I even knew her name
I was sure that when she left me
I would never feel the same
Well it was easy easy alright

What did i get myself into
I didn't realize the compromise i put you through
What did i get myself into
And tell me how to get back into you”

She notice’s Mikey staring at her with a smile on his face “What?” she asks as she turns the volume down.
“Nothing, well……… you are incredible where did you learn to sing like that?
“My iPod mostly, it’s filled with amazing singers that I take after, musically” she answers and then says “Can we not go see ‘Glee the Movie’ I’m not in the mood it’s also getting late.” Mikey parked the car “Lisa it’s only 9:00(pm), what are you worried about?” He asks as she looks into her eyes “I’m not going to hurt you. I promise” he kissed her on the forehead, “We can go back to my place my folks are out for tonight some charity event, I just want to be with you leis. So what do you say? Will you take a chance?”
“Thank you but I……… well I” she had no clue what to say should she take a chance?
“Yeah, I’ll take a chance, with you.” She says with a worried tone.
“Good, have I got a night in mind!” he smiles and takes her hand and kisses it. Ten minutes in the car goes by Lisa and Mikey are laughing and talking about school.
“Well, we’re here, this is what I call home.” He says as he helps Lisa out of her side of the car. “Well what do you think?”
“It’s amazing, better than my shack” She says in disbelief “How the hell did your parents get this amazing place?” she says as they reach the doorstep. Mikey takes turns her around to face him “Hey, I love you, you know, I have ever since I laid eyes on you in 8th grade. You were so weird and corky, it was cute. Now I have to ask you something” He pauses “Will you be my girl?” They look into each other’s eyes. She smiles and says “Of course I will be your girl!” he leans in and kisses her.

Over at Tim and Lisa’s house James and Tim are still going at it kissing, biting, when Tim says “We’re going to fast James, we need to slow down.” Looking up at Tim with a confused look in his eyes James mumbles “we’re going to slow actually” he gets up and starts pacing “I haven’t even had sex before Tim. It’s even harder to have sex when you’re gay.” He pauses and sit’s back down, “and I want it to be with someone I love, Tim, I want it to be with you.” Tim takes James’s hand kisses it, a smile sweeps across his face “I’m flattered James, but you’re my sisters best friend, I don’t know it just doesn’t feel right, I’m 19 you’re 16, save your youth.” James with his head down looks up and says “I’m ready, I’ve held out for you, hoping this day would come, and now that it has, I want it to happen, we’re only 3 years apart. I, want you to make love to me.” Not know what to say Tim gets up and says “I have no clue what to do, I love you, I do but, I mean…… I’ll make love to you. I will” They both get up and kiss. Soon they’re in Tim’s bedroom, making love.

on Apr. 1 2012 at 4:53 am
nemish23 BRONZE, Sydney, Other

"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
They just make the most of everything they have."

"Today is life. The only life we're sure of. Make the most of today." -CSI:NY

it's a really good book! keep writing it's going awesome.

if you want some advice: maybe add a little bit to the beginning adding a little bit more about the characters (character description are very helpful) cuz the story goes kinda fast.

but i love it and I can't wait wait to read more!

thank you i defently will write more when i have the time

IMme2 BRONZE said...
on Dec. 7 2011 at 11:53 am
IMme2 BRONZE, Farmington, New Mexico

just be yourself not some one your not.
- unknown

NOOOO it  can't be over!!!!! you HAVE TO WRITE MORE  especially about tim and james!!!!! PLZ!!!!!!!!!!

thank you so much but believe it or not it's not finished !

on Dec. 6 2011 at 9:25 am
Lovetoparty SILVER, Noblesville, Indiana

"Don't say you love me unless you really mean it, because I might do something crazy like believe it."

I love your book you should keep writing. Good luck!  :)