Anyone But You

Author's note: Just entertainment.
Author's note: Just entertainment.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 Next »

The Move

Well it was about three days or more that took us to reach the exciting city of New York. Notice my sarcastic tone. There was lots of lights, sure its amazing to some people, but it actually hurts your eyes after a while. You mainly see lights everyday, in your house, in the store, even on Christmas, on the tree. The ones that are supposed to be colorful. I wouldn't know because I never had a Christmas, well not a real one. The best Christmas I ever had was when they got a bunch of weeds and put a firefly on it and said " Merry Christmas!" Did I get a present? Nope, not a single one. And I say Christmas is bad, but birthdays are worse! For my birthdays, I get a candy from my parents. No cake, or party, just a plain old candy. Mainly chocolate. And I have a dislike towards chocolate, but I'd eat if anyone gave me one. I know I sound picky because there are lots of people out in the world who don't even remember their birthday because they live on the streets, but that's just the way I am. But not in school, I'm a totally different person. Like I'll be a rebel at home, but a school I'm an angel. Its like one minute you're red and the next minute you're blue. Speaking of school, I could already tell by the way the school looked, I was not going to fit in. Every girl was wearing make-up and had their hair wild and straight, mainly they were perfect. The boys were dressed, I guess, properly. I didn't care because I wasn't a boy. The school was huge and it looked actually kind of neat. But what I'm trying to say is that everyone that goes to that school is pretty and rich, but I was the exact opposite. I wasn't that pretty and I wasn't that rich. But what I just though was my quick thought as we drove passed the school, but my real concern was living in the store or restaurant or whatever the heck it was. My parents pulled up and said, " This is it!" I ignored them and got out of the car. I slammed the car door trying to break it, like how they probably tried to break me more than once. I walked inside, the chime the door made, made me jump a little bit. Now this is going to take some serious time to get use to. The white line that separated us was not equal. So I erased the line when I thought no one was looking and drew a new one. But someone was looking, it looked like a boy but it could've been a girl, I couldn't really make it good. Notice I said "it". The person that was watching me slowly walked out from behind the dark area and said, " What are you doing?" It was a girl like I said, no I'm just kidding, it was a boy that looked around the same age as me. He had black slicked back hair, sea green eyes, and well, I didn't see his smile yet. Could he be the one for me? No, he looked like he was an annoying kid. I got up fixed my hair, and said," What does it look like I'm doing?"

He stood there for a minute trying to figure out a comeback and finally replied, " Are you trying to give yourself more space. Well with erasing the line and all."

" Not more space. Equal space, you guys take up all the room. All we have is from the bathroom to the wall, which is right next to each other."

" Well if you guys weren't so fat, maybe you'd all fit!" he snapped.

" Here," I said I threw him the chalk, " fix the line then."

He bent down, and drew the line back. But we still ended up getting more space, because he drew it slanted.

" Maybe you should practice on drawing a straight line," I teased as I walked away.

He looked at me and folded his arms and then went back to the dark area.

After that I helped mom and dad unload all their things from the moving van. All I had was clothes so it wasn't that important. But mom and dad always carried loads of things. Like a bucket. What do you need that for now? To catch falling water when it rains if there is a hole in the ceiling? But there's none here, so what's it for? And they would bring their refrigerator with them. Who in their right minds would bring that with them? Why would they bring it here out of all the places. There was already one. And the person that had to lift the refrigerator up and carry inside would obviously be me. Because supposedly I'm the youngest out of all of them and I have energy. That's actually true. Back in the 70's my dad was a dancer and so was my mom. They were a good looking couple, gee, I wonder what happened to them now. My mom has like three rotten teeth, and her smile is all crooked and my dad's stomach looks like its just about to explode one day. I'm actually surprised they don't have gray hair right now. By the way my dad is forty and my mom is thirty-four. That's a six year difference, and both of them look the same. Either my dad looks young or my mom looks old, never really figured that one out. After we unloaded everything and unpacked, my dad wanted me to go meet with the other family, their last name was, Moore, it wasn't a bad last name at all, though it was sort of common. " The Moore Family" I said at least five times in my head before I crossed over the line. " Hello?"

" That girl I met is here," the boy said as he looked at me then whispered to his father.

" Hello...

" Dawn," I replied cutting him off, " Dawn Huntsberg."

I felt sort of silly saying my name because their name was all cool, like " Moore" and mine was all like " Huntsberg."

" Yes, I know your name was Huntsberg, your father and mother already talked with me," the boy's father stated.

" Oh really, hmm, would you look at that," I mumbled, " Those little critters are gonna get a piece of my..

But before I could finish the boy said, " Oh yes, dad, she was, never mind."

When he said never mind, I guess a thought of kindness flew threw his mind. I smiled at him big because he didn't rat me out and then I said, " Do you guys need help with anything? I mean I'm always free if you need a hand."

" No thanks," the father said, " Where is my manners, I forgot to introduce us."

" It's not a problem," I slightly laughed.

" My name is Samuel Moore, my wife here is Amanda Moore, and my son here is..."

" Johnny," the boy cut in.

" Well I have to get back, it was a pleasure meeting you all!" I exclaimed.

I hurried over the line and went into the kitchen. Foods of all kinds laid everywhere. On the floor, on the ceiling, would you believe that, on the ceiling? A mischievous grin passed my face, I looked at the food then I looked at the sink, and then I looked at the garbage for some reason. Just in the way I guess. But then my light brown eyes stared at the stove. But something cut my focus. Right in the middle of the kitchen, you could see the Moore's kitchen, it's like they're everywhere watching you. So I skipped out on making the food and grabbed a chair. Right next to the white line was a window with perfect light. I placed my chair there, took my homework out and started working on it. By the way, this was homework from North Carolina, that was how bored I was. So, I sharpened my pencil and got right to it. " Lets see, what is the cause of World War 1?" I said aloud as I was reading the questions, " that's easy." I smirked then I wrote the answer down. Not knowing that the boy was watching me, I kept talking to myself.

" Do you have a disorder or something?" he questioned.

" Nope," I replied tapping the pencil against the desk and ignoring him.

" Then why the heck are you talking to yourself?"

" Because I feel like it," I said not caring.

" Okay," he replied walking away, " you're weird."

"Mhm" I murmured not even paying attention.

I took a break from my homework and I peeked outside. It was getting dark and the moon was slowly rising up in the black blanketed sky. I could see myself in the window and I noticed for once that I wasn't that ugly, I actually thought I looked decent tonight. My hair was in a ribbon, my bangs were out, and I had jeans and a t-shirt on like always. A white one on to be precise. That's all girls like me really wear in the 90's. I sighed and then went back to my homework. Before I knew it, my first day in New York City was gone in the blink of an eye.

This book has 33 comments. Post your own now!

Kiki145 said...
Hey Pretty! I like this book, and I did NOT know you had an acc. Text me later anyone okkk! Well see you in school tomorrow, gotta tell you something. One word. Saulius!!!

ML.Sammy replied...
Ok! And thanks for liking my book, haha.:)

Cutey9078 said...
This is so good, I love it. It's really cute.:)

twilightbeyoch157 said...
This is good. I like it.:)

kari8 said...
YEAHHH BUDDDDDYYYY!

Cosmicgirl54 said...

NICE!!!!!

larababy54 said...
SO GOOD!!!:)

careybaby said...
Nov. 20, 2011 at 10:46 am
This is a good book:)

ML.Sammy replied...
Nov. 20, 2011 at 10:47 am
thank you:)

Lindsey567 said...
Nov. 19, 2011 at 9:37 am
This is really good:).

mikey78 replied...
Nov. 19, 2011 at 9:38 am
I agree, though I think some in between characters would be good.

RMS876 replied...
Nov. 19, 2011 at 9:40 am
yeah, I agree with both of you.

ML.Sammy replied...
Nov. 19, 2011 at 9:41 am
Thank you guys, and I will add more. I just realized it wasn't all that great:).

RMS876 replied...
But it is great!:)