Anyone But You

Author's note: Just entertainment.
Author's note: Just entertainment.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 Next »

My First Day

I awoke to a sound that seemed foreign, it was like a buzz and a bleep. It sounded almost like a bee, but guess who it was? My mom. She was screaming, " WAKE UP!" in my ear, but I guess after seventeen years of hearing that you sorta get used to it. I finally opened my right eye, and then my left. My head was in my arms on the chair I had been working on. It was an uncomfortable sleep, but I slept, didn't I? I groaned," What."

" Dawn," my mom firmly said, " you have to get ready for school. It starts in ten minutes." With that said, I jumped up from the chair, ran to my suitcase, and then limped into the bathroom. My legs were hurting bad after that nap. I took off my clothes, and put on new ones. I then took the ribbon out of my hair, and combed it out. I let my brown hair out as well as my bangs. I actually looked pretty today. I got my toothbrush and quickly scrubbed my teeth. Nothing was really wrong with my teeth, so I didn't think it was essential to brush my teeth, but then again if you wanted your breath to smell clean, it was the least you could do. I smelled myself and whispered, " Hmm, I don't smile that bad." I was about to walk out the door when my screamed, " Where's my kiss!"

" Kiss?" I asked. " Mom, I'm running late, and I'm seventeen, why do I still have to give you kiss?"

" Because I take care of you and it's the least you could do to show me you love me." My mom was right, even though I didn't really love her, she did try her best to take care of me, she took more care of my than my dad did. All my dad did was work for the money to take care of me, he was never actually there for me. I guess I did sort of love my mother.

I sighed, " Okay fine." I walked up to hear and gave her a peck on the cheeks. " Happy now?"

" Yes. Have a good school day," my mother said as she walked into the kitchen. The thought of the kitchen made my stomach growl. I never usually ate breakfast which caused me to put on weight but I was already thin so I didn't care. But I'll tell you something, I was starving this morning! I had only five minutes before the late bell rang, so I couldn't possibly eat breakfast. So I walked out of the door and started walking to my school. If my mother really wanted me to love her, she could've at least tried to fix me up something to eat this morning. But no, she was fixated on dad, and what he wanted to eat. " OW!" I yelped. It was Johnny, again. I think he was trying to kill me or something because he pushed me on a nail that had been sticking out from the door. And if he wasn't trying to kill me, then I don't know what he was trying to do.

" Maybe if you watched where you were going then you wouldn't get hurt, clumsy," he smirked.

" Whatever," I replied as I walked away from him. But he wouldn't leave me alone. He was walking behind me stepping on my white brand new shoes. " Cut it out!"

" Why?" he answered back, " You're going to be something new everyone can pick on in school."

" I don't really care."

" Of course you do," he smiled. He was constantly looking at something in the distance as if he knew what it was.

" WHOOOOOOOOOOOP!" a bunch of guys and girls in a red car screamed. Their hands were up in the air and they held eggs in them. They were mainly pelting people with eggs. The car came passed us and pulled up right next to Johny. " Hey guys," Johnny said doing a special handshake with one of the other boys.

" Wanna ride?" one of the girls questioned as she was twirling her blonde hair.

" Or are you walking with your girlfriend?" another boy added.

" Girlfriend? No that girl's new to the school. She's hideous and she wears these big glasses." Johnny replied as he was hopping in to the car.

I kept walking though I could hear everything he said about me. I wanted to make the impression to everyone that I was kind and polite, so I didn't say anything to him. The bell rang and I quickly ran through the doors and went to the Principal's office. She was an old lady with short grayish hair but a cheerful smile. " Umm. Excuse me?" I said softly. " I don't really know where any of my classes are since I'm new here."

" Oh, I am so sorry, I didn't see you there," the principal replied.

" It's alright," I smiled, " My name is Dawn Huntsberg. I'm from North Carolina."

" Ah, right, the new student," she smiled back, " My name is Principal Waters, but you can just call me, Mrs. W if you'd like." She walked to her desk and opened her metal drawer. She pulled a sheet of paper out and handed it to me." Here are your classes, honey. I hope you enjoy the rest of the school year here!"

" Thank you," I spoke softly. The halls were huge and the rooms were far apart. Which meant alot of walking. I finally reached my first class. When I walked in I felt weird because everyone was just staring at me. As if they'd never seen anything like me before. But then something I saw ruined my day. It was Johnny looking and laughing at me along with this group of friends. Well this is only the beginning of the first day of school.

moderndayEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 11 at 10:43 pm:
So good and so sweet! you're wonderful writer! Keep writing^_^

MyluvzuThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 17 at 10:34 pm:
This is an AMAZING BOOK! :)

SUREMELISSA! said...
This is good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

ML.Sammy replied...
Nov. 22, 2011 at 2:55 pm :
Thanks guys for commenting;)

nice said...
Good!!:) Like for real, it is!!!:)

HEHEHEyoursofunny said...
This is good, and it is funny!!!:)

YEAHBUDDY! said...
THIS IS AWESOME, YEAH BUDDY!!!:)

Coconut3790 said...
This is great!:)

Cori said...
I just happened to pass by and notice that at the end of all your comments are ':)' lol, but the book is good.:)

LolSunshine said...
This is neat. It's a good book.:)

ILOVECHERRIES!189 said...
Good Book! AND I LOVE CHERRIES!!!:)

JesseJ179 said...
This is really good, and I don't usually like romantic novels. Keep Up the Good Work, ML. Sammy!:)

Lily135 said...
This is one of the best novels for a teenager. I don't know how old you are, but this is definitely above your reading level. You have a good writing sense, and this is good. It could have a little work on it and add more in between characters, but it's really good. Good Job.:)

Sera790 said...
Cool novel:)

Meghan35 said...
Awesome book, this is really you!:)

Kiki145 said...
I know, he might ask me out:) OOOHHHHH! I shouldn't be saying this in publice, lol, love yah, anyway. TEXT ME!!!!!:)

DebroJoPump159 said...
Love this girl!

Ally15 said...
Nice. Anyone But you...nice title.:)

Snakegirl4789 said...
Nice Book. I love the Plot.:)

Kiki145 said...
Hey Pretty! I like this book, and I did NOT know you had an acc. Text me later anyone okkk! Well see you in school tomorrow, gotta tell you something. One word. Saulius!!!

Warning: Unknown: open(/var/lib/php5/sess_ous2jhm9dqkbkb5b0qshad48p5, O_RDWR) failed: No space left on device (28) in Unknown on line 0 Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/lib/php5) in Unknown on line 0