Letters of W.i.s.h. | Teen Ink

Letters of W.i.s.h.

By firestarmy GOLD, Irvine, California
firestarmy GOLD, Irvine, California

Life is like a highway.
Life is like the weather.
Speak now before it's too late ~Taylor Swift <3
It doesn't rain forever ;D

Author's note: I hope that the story will be meaningful to you as it is to me. If it is a favorite of at least a few persons, i will be happy. :)For romance fanatics, this one has twists and turns so enjoy the roller coaster of Liang Mi Cheng's and Yuan Zhen Wei's unique love story. :D

Preface
When you go outside, you see people, ordinary people right? They are just going along; minding their business, there is nothing strange about that, isn’t it? However, sometimes people are not as ordinary as they seem. Let us take Liang Mi Cheng for an example. She's your average looking teenage girl, as normal as anyone could be and although she has her plain appearance, there is an inner beauty that shines brilliantly.
You may believe she sounds typical, like anyone you might find on the street, but there's a lot to her that just might grab your interest, like her unique past…
At the tender age of 6 years-old, her dear father (a CEO of a successful architectural and engineering company) lost his life. Then, at 15 (the first year of high school), her sister, Liang Mu Xi, left to pursue her dreams in a country far, far away. Mi Cheng was closely attached to her sibling that she had no other friends except for a few acquaintances. So, you can imagine how silent and lonely she must have been in her high school. However, to add on to her sorrow, Liang Ru Mi, (who intended to bring Mi Cheng to move together with Mu Xi) decided to move to another part of the country instead. That was because the place was closer to her farming business which looked bleak at that time.
Thus, poor ordinary Mi Cheng had to start a new all over again. Such a big concept for a typical girl, isn’t it? Well, you know Cinderella stories but this isn’t any ordinary fairytale and the magic of the W.i.s.h. unfolds now…

Star 1
Mi Cheng was upon her blue bicycle, pedaling leisurely onwards along the dirt path. Taking a sweeping glance of her surroundings, Mi Cheng took in the picturesque view of the early countryside. The morning air was crisp and the scenery of the rice fields against the golden sunrise was breath-taking. It was a wonderful dawn! It seemed too wonderful for Mi Cheng so she thought that something special was going to happen that day. She was always cautious about things that seem to be out of place.
At the end of the long line of plantations, the skyscrapers and business shops loomed over Mi Cheng’s small and humble physique. Usually, the sight of industrialization would spoil her mood because it alluded to the horrible memory of the accident. But surprisingly, it didn’t! Mi Cheng continued her journey with happy thoughts in her mind and she finally reached her destination: Ha Da Private High School. The school that was the home of the elite, talented and intelligent stood before Mi Cheng in its noble façade. When she was about to enter it through the front gate, a car honked rather loudly.
Turning her upper body around, she saw a blue Porsche behind her. The car honked again, louder this time. In order not to cause a disruption, Mi Cheng had no choice but to give way. She decided to enter by the gate students go through but the security guard stopped her, saying that she had to go by the front. He explained that swarms of students needed to go by that gate so if she went by that entrance, it would be an inconvenience to them if they were to be late because of her bicycle. Mi Cheng also did not want to be an obstruction in that part of the school. So, understanding the school’s conditions, she went back to the front gate just nearby, only to find the same Porsche occupying the entire space to the entrance!
Usually, Mi Cheng did not have the courage to speak to people, especially strangers but her frustration overpowered her shyness so she tapped the front door of the car to ask the chauffeur to enter the school quickly. The car’s rear window opened and she saw that a man was in it. A playful-looking one.
He joked by saying, “I planned to become late for class anyway so sorry.” The window started to close and Mi Cheng seized the chance to put her hand over the closing window. Then she retorted, “Who are you to do this?!” The man took off his shades in his suave manner and replied in an authoritative tone, “Of course the next Dean!”
Stunned that she had just offended someone of a somewhat higher class than her, Mi Cheng backed off and waited and waited. The car still refused to budge! She thus had no choice but to storm off to the security guard with the intention to beg him to allow her to go through the gate.
However, he brought her to a white-washed building that indicated that it was for latecomers instead of letting her through to proceed to her classroom. Mi Cheng had long been known as a perfect student and she was proud of that so she could not stand that it was because of another person’s absurdity that she had gotten a tardy. Thus, that caused a blemish on her perfect school record.
Looking around the white-washed room, it gave Mi Cheng the impression of a peaceful place. Several shelves against the side walls were stacked with books and placed beside them were some colorful rugs with fluffy pillows thrown upon them. It seemed like it was intended for a reading room. There was a broad stage up front and a man in a suit was standing upon it, a microphone in hand.
Mi Cheng found the room not that bad-looking when you were there for not too good a reason. Then her eyes caught sight of the root of her problem chatting happily with a few people.
Her temper welled up within her and she found herself stamping towards his direction. She pushed her way through his friends and yelled with an accusing finger, “It’s your fault!”
At first, he could not recognize the new face that he had met earlier but the familiar glare and tone of voice recalled the memory of the transfer student. “It is your fault. You should have gone through the back gate.” He said, shrugging his shoulders in comic resignation. Then he continued his conversation with a guy wearing a V-neck t-shirt beside him.
“I didn’t know there was a back gate?!” Mi Cheng fumed.
“You didn’t know there was one? Where there’s a front, there’s a back, okay?” He replied while knocking Mi Cheng’s head accordingly. “Anyway if I were you I wouldn’t go by that way because there’s where all those scholars go by.” As he whispered these insulting words loudly into Mi Cheng’s ear, the circle of students around them chuckled at the joke.
Proud joker! If that’s the Dean’s son, the Dean should be terrible! Mi Cheng was still fuming when she broke off from the giggling crowd and found a seat among the pillows of the room. Sitting there, she listened to the discipline master’s words.
“Alright, listen up! Your punishment would be to clean the bathroom, everyone! Except for Yuan Zhen Wei, you have to go to the library to borrow at least 2 books and read it! Make sure to have those book reports by next Friday!” The discipline master, Mr. Jing, bellowed.
Whose punishment is that? Yuan Zhen Wei? Mi Cheng wondered.
“Ha! That would be easy!” An ironic guy’s voice in the crowd commented.
Why do I have the feeling that… “You’re Yuan Zhen Wei?!” Mi Cheng ejaculated.
“Of course! If you don’t even know that, I really feel so sorry for you!” Zhen Wei exclaimed and strolled away.
“Now off to the bathroom!” Mr. Jing ordered. What a way to start my first day of school!

*****
Mi Cheng hurried off to receive further orders from the discipline master then, she went to collect toilet-cleaning supplies from the store room of the school. After doing so, she was on her way to her assigned bathroom which passed by her science class, when suddenly a pail full of water dropped from someone’s hands. The carelessness came from a kind-looking freshman from the front of Mi Cheng. He was not that far off so without warning, Mi Cheng slipped on the wet floor surface made by the lubricant.
Fortunately, a pair of strong and manly hands grasped Mi Cheng’s lithe body from behind to prevent her from falling. And also unfortunately for Mi Cheng, her savior was none other than her arch-nemesis of the morning, Yuan Zhen Wei! He was as surprised as Mi Cheng was when they knew that they were in contact of each other. Then, Mi Cheng scrambled out of Zhen Wei’s grip without a word of thanks and hopped out of the puddle her feet were in.
Looking back, she saw that Zhen Wei walked into her science class. He is a sophomore too? Moreover, he’s in the same first period class as me? Mi Cheng was bewildered at what she had discovered.
In the midst of her thoughts, the guilty freshman came up to Mi Cheng’s side and apologized profusely for the accident and started to clean up the mess before Mr. Jing came to inspect the students. Mi Cheng lent a hand to help him clean the water up with the micro-fibre cloth she had collected from the store room.
With an air of admiration, he stretched out his hand to introduce himself, “Liang Mi Cheng Xue Zhang (Senior), it’s a pleasure to meet you. I’m a freshman here named Lim Yi Rui!”
Mi Cheng shook his out-stretched hand reluctantly. She was not used to people approaching her because she didn’t have that many friends. However, since Yi Rui was sincere, Mi Cheng wanted to become friends with him too. “Hello Yi Rui, you can call me Mi Cheng! Anyway, how do you happen to know my name?” Mi Cheng asked with a smile on her face.
“Well, you’re popular here! You know that as long as you’re in contact with the Thrill Trio’s Yuan Zhen Wei, everyone here knows who you are!” Yi Rui exclaimed.
“The Thrill Trio?” Mi Cheng almost laughed at the nickname. She thought that Yi Rui had said The Three Musketeers! That was even more appropriate to describe the confident personality of Yuan Zhen Wei. Anyway, Thrill Trio sounded like the name of a circus troupe!
Annoyed at Mi Cheng’s nonchalance, he explained the extravagance of the group he admired with twinkling eyes.
“The Thrill Trio’s what we call Yuan Zhen Wei, Chen Gao Lei and Mei Xi Sha! They’re the most popular in this high school. Zhen Wei’s the son of the Dean so he’s an immediate authority around here ‘cause he’s rumored to be the next Dean when he graduates from the University. Not only that, he’s one of the smartest geniuses in this school and the Vice-captain of the basketball team. Though, he’s out of hand sometimes as you may have found out. Then, there’s Gao Lei, who is the captain of the basketball team. ‘Cause of his leadership in the team since 6th grade, our team, ‘D Haywires won 6 times in a row in the national tournaments! Finally, Mei Xi Sha’s…”
“The gorgeous, famous super-model?” Mi Cheng perked up with a renewed interest, throwing aside her cloth in her excitement. It was evident that she was a fan of Mei Xi Sha.
“Yes…”
“So, where do I come in?”
“Well, since you stood up to the most authoritative of the Thrill Trio, everyone applauds you ‘cause no one dares to do that…” Yi Rui abruptly cut off his sentence, looked around swiftly and rubbed off the remaining puddles of water. With a few parting words, he left to his assigned bathroom.
Not too far away, Mr. Jing was heading towards them. Mi Cheng understood the ‘danger’ of the situation and hurried off towards her own bathroom.

As a day came to a close, Mi Cheng would take out her purple diary to record the day’s events. Normally, there would not be much to write about so she would just write a poem or two to relieve the boredom of a stagnant day. However, thankfully, that day was good enough for a lively entry. At the end of the paragraph, she would jot down her hopes for tomorrow.
That diary was what kept her company during the helpless and lonely days of her life. She relied on it so much that it became her most treasured possession and friend next to her sister. That constant writing was what influenced her to take up writing to occupy her free time. This was her diary entry of the day:

July 02

Sunny and rainy+ lightning
MON
My first day of school in Ha Da
Dear Diary,

My first day wasn’t that bad if not for that rotten egg, Yuan Zhen Wei!! He thinks he’s all that! He speaks so rudely, dresses in expensive-looking clothes and drives a Porsche to school?! He made me late for school so I had to clean a bathroom stall (though it wasn’t that dirty :P). Not only that, I missed two periods of class! There goes my good first impression in my new school.
Well, good thing is I made a new friend! His name is Lim Yi Rui. I’ll call him the pun friend because I met him during my bathroom punishment.
I wonder what tomorrow will be like? :/

My Hopes:
-I would not bump into that Rotten Egg King!!! (REK) [ He is a wreck anyway! (: ]
-I could travel to ?
-School would be interesting
-I’ll meet my first love <3 :D
<3 Mi Mi <3

*****
A voice called from the dining room the next morning. “Ok, Mi Cheng, time for Ha Da!”
“Yes, Ma!” Mi Cheng yelled back. She pulled on a pair of denim jeans and a simple, white blouse after jumping out of bed. Taking a blue comb from the top of a white drawer, she ran the bristles of it through her layered, straight black hair and fringe to produce a neat effect. Satisfied with her hairstyle, she rushed down the steps that led to the kitchen where her mother was preparing that morning’s breakfast for the two of them.
“Why are you dressed like that? You look like a commoner and not a rich woman’s daughter! Change into a prettier outfit!” Liang Ru Mi, Mi Cheng’s mom reprimanded with a hint of a Mandarin accent. Ru Mi hated the sense of fashion her daughter had and always tried every method possible to make Mi Cheng look decent, Ru Mi’s definition of decent that is. Mi Cheng, of course, did not like this type of forceful arrangements.
“Ma, I’m going to school and not on a date!” Mi Cheng stressed for about the hundredth time.
With that, Mi Cheng spooned some grains of cereal, she found in a bowl on the table, into mouth to satisfy her light appetite that day. She then rushed to get to her bicycle and bag pack where she met Lim Yi Rui at the front door.
“Hey, what are you doing here?” Mi Cheng asked. When he was facing that question, color had been drained from Yi Rui’s face. He seemed confused as for his purpose being at the front door of an acquaintance. Mi Cheng did not mind at all because she was in a hurry to get to school so she forgot about her question. She apologized, wheeled her bicycle into the driveway and with her bag slung on one shoulder, she hopped on the vehicle, ready to pedal off when she remembered Yi Rui on the front doorsteps. Mi Cheng turned around and shouted for Yi Rui to hurry up.
“How is she ever going to get herself a man?” Ru Mi came up to the front door and shook her head in disappointment at Mi Cheng’s single status.
“Don’t worry Ma; I’m here for her if no one wants her…” Yi Rui reassured, smiling faintly.
“Tsk, don’t bet on it! Ha Da has hundreds of good-looking guys, surely one of them would fall for her!” Ru Mi was glad that Mi Cheng finally got a friend other than her sister, Liang Mu Xi. So, she liked that Yi Rui honoured her by addressing her as Ma. By calling by that name also relieved the yearning Ru Mi had for her elder daughter.
“I’m from Ha Da!” Yi Rui protested.
“Psst~ you’re not handsome at all! And besides, I don’t like you!” Ru Mi teased and waved Yi Rui off to accompany Mi Cheng to school.
Ma is so traditional! It’s modern times, surely a Ha Da guy will like a Plain Jane like me right? Mi Cheng wondered, staring into space. Therefore, due to her careless daydreaming, the bicycle swerved right into the middle of the dirt path. This caused the oncoming vehicle behind her to screech to a halt.
“Hey, watch where you’re going!” Someone from within the car warned. Mi Cheng recognised the voice and swivelled her head to face the owner of a blue Porsche. This voice could only belong to Yuan Zhen Wei.
“YOU AGAIN!?” Zhen Wei and Mi Cheng shouted in resonance when they caught sight of each other’s faces.
“What is wrong with you? You are blocking my way every time!” Zhen Wei accused, leaning out of his car’s rear window.
“What? I blocked your way! Since when did I ….!” Mi Cheng yelled back.
“Calm down, Mi Cheng!” Yi Rui coaxed.
“Yi Rui, don’t stop me! I have to…” Mi Cheng argued, starting towards the Porsche. However, she could not advance any further because of Yi Rui’s strong restraining arms pulling her back to the side of the road.
“It’s alright Mi Cheng! You’re holding up the traffic behind him!” After Yi Rui’s statement, Mi Cheng moved to the side and at Zhen Wei’s command, the chauffeur drove off leaving huge bellows of smoke behind.
As soon as the car disappeared, Yi Rui warned her about picking a fight with the Dean’s son. “Mi Cheng, you shouldn’t mess with him!”
“And why not? If I have to bow my head to rich snobs like him even when he clearly was wrong then corruption is correct and can take place in my house right now! The Supreme Court Judges also don’t have to exist!” Mi Cheng cried out in between coughs caused by the inhalation of the smoke.
“Now, let’s just cycle to Ha Da without throwing any tantrums, ok?” Yi Rui pleaded. Unsatisfied with the result of the incident, Mi Cheng hopped back on her bicycle and cycled off at her top speed.

*****
“Mi Cheng, hello!” “Hi, senior!” “Good Morning!” “Have a good day!” Each of the students that walked past Mi Cheng greeted her politely; some of them even bowed their respects.
“Why are all these strange people greeting me all of a sudden?” Mi Cheng asked Yi Rui once they were out of the crowd of apparent admirers.
“Remember, you’re associated with the Thrill Trio!” Yi Rui recalled. “Oh well, anyway we got here just in time, no more bathrooms for me to clean!” He continued, rubbing his hands in glee, grateful that he had escaped the rotten punishment that day.
“And without that REK around!” Mi Cheng announced in triumph.
“Wreck? Who’s a wreck?” Confusion was often one of the emotions that swam in Yi Rui’s innocent, blinking eyes.
“R-E-K, Rotten Egg King, REK!” Though the acronym was still pretty unclear to Yi Rui, he nodded his head to show his acknowledgement.
“Anyway, Yi Rui, see you later!” Both of them bade each other farewell and headed for their first class of the day.
“Xu Lao Shi (Ms. Xu), good morning!” Mi Cheng greeted her Science teacher with a brief bow after entering the classroom.
“Good morning, Mi Cheng! Everyone attention please, we have a new student named Liang Mi Cheng! Please take a seat next to Zhen Wei.” Xu Lao Shi replied cordially in turn and pointed out the seat at the back, where Mi Cheng had to sit in.
Zhen Wei? Don’t tell me he’s the Yuan Zhen Wei! Mi Cheng had definitely forgotten that Zhen Wei was in her Science class so she walked with hesitant steps towards the assigned chair. She also crossed her fingers tightly, wishing that it would not be him…
Unfortunately, Mi Cheng found to her dismay that the classmate seating next to her was the Yuan Zhen Wei.
“Today I have a project for you to do with your table partner. It is…”
And to make it worse she had him as her partner!
“Let us just get this volcano over with.” Zhen Wei commanded, taking up the materials on their table and got about building the volcano.
Calm down, Mi Cheng. Relax. You’ll survive. Mi Cheng was still in one of her meditative moods when she found it strange that Zhen Wei was extremely quiet. She opened one of her eyes and saw that with Zhen Wei’s intense concentration, the volcano was almost done.
Wow! Zhen Wei is kind of smart! He can build a volcano. Mi Cheng watched him add the finishing touches to their project carefully and after he had done so, he handed a package to her.
“Now, put in the entire packet of the baking soda.” Zhen Wei said. A playful glint lingered in his eyes as the innocent Mi Cheng took up the baking soda package without referring to the instructions laid before them.
“Ok.” Mi Cheng said and poured the entire contents of the baking soda packet into the volcano’s opening. It was fine at first but seconds after that, white foam leaked uncontrollably out of the volcano and made a dirty wet mess out of their table. Zhen Wei burst out laughing and so, he caught Xu Lao Shi’s attention. Consequently, both of them got into trouble. For Mi Cheng, it was the second time for her to be reprimanded by a teacher in her new school. Things were definitely not going well.
“Xu Lao Shi, I’m really sorry! I didn’t see the instructions; I just followed what he said blindly. I thought he was doing the correct thing and…” Mi Cheng mumbled in short gasps in explanation of the recent commotion.
“Lao Shi, just punish us, it’s no big deal!” Zhen Wei interrupted, yawning as he said that. He clearly did not care that it was his fault for the mess.
“It is to me! Sorry Xu Lao Shi, I’ll just clean it up, ok?”
“Both of you clean it up!” Xu Lao Shi ordered. Her beautiful eyes became fierce slits with tension.
“You clean it up by yourself!” Zhen Wei argued, pushing all of the work to Mi Cheng.
“Mi Cheng, you will clean it up and Zhen Wei, you will make a new volcano and that is final!” Xu Lao Shi exclaimed in exasperation and returned to her table at the front of the classroom. She did not want to deal with their petty business anymore.
Mi Cheng was furious that Zhen Wei tricked her into making an unintentional mess and even more so, when she observed that Zhen Wei created a new volcano perfectly fine. She ardently hoped the last thirty minutes of Science class would end quicker so that the torture would end soon.
Finally, the bell signalled the end of period one. Mi Cheng was free from the clutches of the Dean’s son at last! She opened her bag to rummage through the organized papers in her file and pulled out her schedule.
Her next class was Mathematics and it was in Room 402. In her hurry, Mi Cheng bumped into someone in her way. The books and stationery, that were not held in place properly, fell out of her unzipped bag.
“I didn’t see where I was going so…” Mi Cheng mumbled and began picking up her belongings hastily. She was deeply embarrassed that she had caused yet another commotion.
“That’s fine. I was at fault too.” The voice was shaped with that of an English upbringing, although he was somewhat lacking in the English accent. He got down to his knees to help her. The second that she touched his hand as they reached out to grab the same book, a tingling sensation went down Mi Cheng’s spine. It was a positive feeling overall. She looked up and could not help but gaze at the aquiline, attractive features and deep brown, quiet eyes he had been generously endowed with. Mi Cheng wished that the moment would never be broken because she finally experienced the first few pulses of love or rather of a crush.
However, some one beside him broke the moment too abruptly. “No, it’s not ok; you shouldn’t be apologizing to this person! Gao Lei, let’s go before I have to clean a real volcano this time.” Zhen Wei smirked and pulled Chen Gao Lei up from his kneeling position.

July 03 2011

Rainy+lightning TUE

The start of something old
Dear Diary,

I have met REK so many times today!? Why must he make me so mad??!! I didn’t block his ‘lovely’ Porsche for no reason at all!! And Unfortunately, I have to sit beside him for Science and Math classes.
Well, at least there are people like Gao lei! (I think that’s his name) I wonder how he is friends with that idiot! HMPH! Anyway, I hope to see Gao lei more :D

My Hopes:

-Who is Gao lei? <3

-KILL REK!!

-Visit ? (No time today )

- Have extra-curricular activities
<3 Mi Mi <3

Star 2
“Huh! Kyle, Look at her!” Li Mi snorted.
“Look at whom?” Kashino Fugiwaka, her companion sitting beside her asked in perfect English. Li Mi often addressed people by their English name so she called Kashino, Kyle even though he preferred his Japanese name.
“Michelle (Mi Cheng)! Haven’t you been listening? She just sits there and guys drool over that new girl! She’s such a vixen!” Li Mi had a curious lisping Spanish accent as she spoke.
Mi Cheng’s courage towards Yuan Zhen Wei earned her many admirers especially from the male population and so; she received many gifts from them in the few days that passed. Mi Cheng did not accept them though thus, this increased her popularity among the kind-hearted. This incident made Li Mi very jealous. However, later an unexpected event would heighten Li Mi’s jealousy and Mi Cheng would gain even more popularity.
“I think she’s nice and bold.”
“What?!” Li Mi shrieked in protest.
“Just kidding!” Kashino stammered, cowering under the heated gaze of his master.
“Good! Hey, here’s a dollar to push that girl down!” Li Mi gestured with her petite, tanned hand to a young freshman and pointed Liang Mi Cheng out to him. She was sitting on the stone bench, bent over her notebook and scribbling busily on it.

The sun’s radiance beat down vehemently on the baked ground below. The blue clouds shivered and melted in fright of the God in the sky. The Sun reigned the day once again, pronouncing the beginning of the dawn... Yeah, that’s just like REK!

“Hey! What’s your deal?” Mi Cheng snapped when she found herself on the gravel with her knees lightly scrapped. The students in the vicinity roared in laughter at the joke Kashino and Li Mi played on poor Mi Cheng. Both of them were clearly two of the influential leaders of the Ha Da social ladder.
“Why you…” Mi Cheng started when a hand appeared.
“Oh! Thanks and no thanks for making me fall!” Mi Cheng said sarcastically when she took the offered hand to stand up. Then, she looked up to see Chen Gao Lei staring at her. Embarrassed, she picked up her book.
“I’m sorry I think you were mistaken because I did not push you over. That clean-shaven person over there is guilty of the deed.” Gao Lei said in a fast, cool fashion and pointed in the direction of the young freshman.
Was it REK? Mi Cheng wondered, looking behind. No? Just someone I don’t know then. Oh well. “Erm, hey, thank you anyway and sorry too!” Mi Cheng said, smiling apologetically.
“That’s fine. Now, please excuse me.” Gao Lei said and walked back to the court to resume basketball practice.
At least there’s my prince charming in shining armor who saved the damsel in distress! Mi Cheng stood there, staring at the back of her first crush as he walked away until he was on court again to show off his professional skills.

“Why are you…?” Mi Cheng cried out in desperation only to find that her best friend was the one who knocked her on the head.
“It’s you, Yi Rui! Sorry I thought it was those strangers!” Mi Cheng explained, jerking her thumb towards Li Mi and her gang. They were bored of the joke they just played and now, they were involved in loud gossiping.
“Tsk! Have you heard that Mi Cheng is his new target?” A group of giggly girls walked by Li Mi’s gang and discussed the latest information they just heard. Thus, Li Mi’s gang strolled off in disgust when they found that people were eavesdropping on their conversation.
“What do you mean? Who is he?” Mi Cheng heard her name being mentioned as that clique of girls walked past and she wanted to know the subject of their conversation badly.
“Zhen Wei’s target is you!” Yi Rui replied.
Mi Cheng raised her eyebrow at the peculiar term used in the social circle of the high school. “What do you mean?”
Noticing her uncertainty, Yi Rui explained that target in school meant a date or an enemy. “Well, it’s definitely not a date so it’s on, enemy REK!” Mi Cheng proclaimed, pumping her right fist into the air with enthusiasm.
“Don’t be so sure about that!” The same sardonic voice was followed by a hit on Mi Cheng’s head by a hard basketball. Turning around with her hand on her injured head, Mi Cheng retorted with a “And why not, Mr. Zhen Wei?”
“That’s because I have your beloved book of secrets! Do you know the cost of this book in gossip club?” Another basketball player off the court passed Zhen Wei a basketball and he twirled it on his right fore finger with ease. In his other hand, Zhen Wei had Mi Cheng’s precious purple diary in his possession. She searched through her sling bag thoroughly to confirm that her diary was not with her.

Next, Mi Cheng stormed up to him with eyes full of dread then; she was at a loss of words. After that, she was just able to mumble dumbly, “You have a gossip club?”
“Yup, and the entire school body are members of it. Yi Rui should very well know the speed of distorted rumors in this school!” Zhen Wei snorted. (Like a pig maybe)
“So, what do you want?” Mi Cheng demanded, eyeing her book.
“Come with me!” Zhen Wei ordered. Then, he threw the basketball aside, which the same basketball player picked up. And Zhen Wei headed in the direction of a somewhat abandoned alley in the school.
“Mi Cheng, you promised to go home with me!” Yi Rui called after Mi Cheng. She gave him one of her apologetic smiles which seemed to convey the message of ‘Sorry, I have to get my book back, another time?’ and ran after Zhen Wei.
“Hey! Run faster or else this book will be in the trash or in Li Mi’s hands!” Zhen Wei threatened, causing Mi Cheng to quicken her already fast pace.
“Who is Li Mi?”
“Li Mi is the gossip queen who is easily jealous and my ex-girlfriend.”
Ex-girlfriend? Wow, he can even get one with the horrid personality of his? “Oh, whatever! Just give it back to me!” Mi Cheng stopped in her tracks, folded her arms over her chest and refused to follow him anymore.
“No, no and nope! I will only give it back to you under one condition though! Wait, is Yi Rui your boyfriend?” Zhen Wei halted also and waved the book right under her nose.
“No, I don’t have one!” Mi Cheng took her chance and grabbed at the book but unfortunately, Zhen Wei stretched to his full height of 180cm and held the book at the very tips of his fingers. Mi Cheng almost lost her balance but was able to catch herself before she fell, head-first.
“Good! But it’s such a pity, he likes you so much yet I have to take you away from him.”
“What do you mean?”
“Be my girlfriend!” There was a loud ring of conviction as he uttered these three words.
“What!” Mi Cheng’s eyes were bulging with both amusement and bewilderment when she heard of the absurd request.
“Be my girlfriend! Are you deaf?” Zhen Wei repeated, his light brown eyes scanning his surroundings to see if anyone was spying on them.
“Yeah, I heard you but why me?!” Mi Cheng had lost her wits. She was of an excitable nature. Now, she was even more so because Zhen Wei’s words took her to an extreme level of surprise that she could not help but to pace back and forth to fathom his motives.
“It’s the only way…” His voice became a whisper from the thunderous pitch he had assumed before.
Mi Cheng’s sensitive ears caught his muttering and stopped right in front of him to question him. “To do what?”
“Nothing! Mind your own business!”
She shrugged her shoulders in comic resignation and said, “Well, I can’t do that, give me another one.”
“Then, let me be your boyfriend!” Zhen Wei joked in amusement.
“Are you always this annoying?!”
“If I don’t get what I want!”
“Hey Mister, don’t think you will get me that easily!”
“Do you actually think I’m doing this because I like you? I’m trying to get Xi Sha to be jealous! Oh snap!” Zhen Wei knocked his head with Mi Cheng’s diary in frustration when he eventually exposed his purpose for his request.
“So that’s the reason! Your crush is Mei Xi Sha, the gorgeous supermodel of Ha Da!” Her eyes and voice both formed an alliance to taunt Zhen Wei.
“So what? You like Chen Gao Lei… my super basketball captain a.k.a. best friend?” His handsome face was tilting closer and closer to Mi Cheng’s oval-shaped one.
“Best friend! Seriously, how can it be that the two of you are of the same breed? Er, wait have you been reading my diary?!” Mi Cheng exclaimed.
“You’re talking to me like as if I’m a type of dog!” Zhen Wei roared.
“Aren’t I?”
“Anyway, is it a deal?” He ignored the past remark and continued in a business-like tone.
“It’s a deal then as long as you keep your word. But do not read my diary anymore and please no kissing, hugging or anything …!” Mi Cheng stated counting off all her conditions with her fingers and looking fiercely into his eyes to show her defiance.
Then, unexpectedly, Zhen Wei planted a firm kiss on Mi Cheng’s soft, pink lips before she had time to finish her sentence.
“That is what couples do, got a problem? See ya tomorrow, Mi Cheng!” Zhen Wei waved goodbye cheerfully and rushed back to basketball practice with the diary in hand. His happiness seemed to be over the top so it appeared to be superficial. As her tormentor stalked off, Mi Cheng was just standing there, stunned.

JustAnotherDay. BRONZE, Andover, Ohio

Stephen Fry - There are many people out there that will tell you that "you can't". What you've got to do is turn around and say, "watch me."

That was pretty good, you should write more soon! (:

NintaiKyouboku BRONZE, Portland, Oregon

"To win you've got to enter first."

I completely agree. This story has few grammatical errors, no spelling errors as far as I could tell, and a strong plot. I think you have a chance of getting this published someday. It is refreshing to read something on here that is not complete garbage.

twixx15 said...
i think this should be a rele good story unlike some of these other gory and yucky stories