There Can Only Be One. (Chapter One only) | Teen Ink

There Can Only Be One. (Chapter One only)

September 30, 2011
By MidniteSwirl BRONZE, Melbourne, Other
MidniteSwirl BRONZE, Melbourne, Other
2 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
Without hate there wouldn't be love, and without love there wouldn't be anything. But that doesn't give you permission to go around hating, so please think before you speak :)


Summary:

Annabelle, or Bells as she likes to be called, finds herself in a very tricky situation once her foot gets wedged into a pothold in the middle of a road. Saved by a stranger, Bell wakes up in a house unknown to her. It belonged to the man who had saved her, and she end up spending a lot of time there. Along with Blake, who's the cute son of John (her savior), and Julian, Blake's playboy cousin, lots of heat is going to go down.
*
*
*
This is the first chapter only. I'll add on more if I get requests too, so please comment :)


MidniteSwirl

There Can Only Be One. (Chapter One only)


Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 20 comments.


on Dec. 17 2015 at 9:02 pm
TikiTobi PLATINUM, Traverse City, Michigan
20 articles 1 photo 36 comments

Favorite Quote:
I got a ton of work to do. A SKELEton.
I need to put a little more BackBONE into it.
I deserve PUNishment.
Nyeh heh heh!

Love this story so far! Are you planning to have some romance between Blake and Bells? Or maybe Blake will catch Julian trying to kiss Bells again and it will turn into a fight? Hope you update soon!

on May. 4 2014 at 12:59 am
TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas
72 articles 0 photos 860 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there's a light shining somewhere nearby." - Unknown

There can only be one comment I read while I write the comment, so it may be long. Just apologizing in advance. When you say green man and red man, it's kind of confusing. I didn't even know what you were talking about at first. You might want to clarify that. I can feel the fear that Bells is going through. Nice word choice and description. It's odd how Bells can talk to Susie when her phone is on the ground a little while away, but suit yourself. I can really feel her emotions; that's definitely a strong point of yours. Great description of the room. It's strange how her mom trusted the man so quickly, but then again her daughter was in danger and everything's in a panic right now. Johns a very realistic character. Way to go on that. I love how every adjective of Blake makes me imagine an old, homey, cozy wooden cabin. That gives me a vivid image in my head. PS love the adjective "oaky." Great description of Susie. I think it's funny how Blake is always eating. I don't know if that was done purposefully or not, but I find it funny. That "hello" from that random person creeped me out! That situation of them on the couch is really awkward, and you portrayed that well. Ick, Julian disgusts me so much. Your characters feel so real! It's amazing! I feel like things could move a bit slower, but I also feel like you've got the story moving at a good pace; I think it's a matter of opinion, honestly. Ch 2 - overall, I feel like you should incorporate their ages more. I don't feel like I know enough about the main characters. I thought you said Mom didn't know that Julian helped...? All of a sudden, she knows him now...? Louis is the cutest boy EVER. Your dialogue is just impeccable. It all feels like something thats actually plausible. Ch 3 - no! I wish you'd continue it. I desperately want to know what happens. You say you don't have a good plot, but it's better than anything I can do. I think this has lots of potential. Can't wait to check out more of your work!

on Mar. 19 2014 at 9:57 pm
monikitty12 PLATINUM, New York, New York
35 articles 0 photos 52 comments

Favorite Quote:
Don't cry because its over. Smile because it happened.

I wish in reality, guys could be more bold and outspoken like these. Keep writing!

lorie said...
on Mar. 19 2014 at 6:26 am
i really like that story....!!!!..i need more....:)  

Madie2k BRONZE said...
on Jan. 21 2014 at 8:30 pm
Madie2k BRONZE, Topeka, Kansas
2 articles 0 photos 31 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Don't the best of them bleed it out. While the rest of them Peter out." -Foo Fighters

You are an amazing writer! Keep posting chapters!

on Oct. 16 2013 at 7:37 pm
I suggest to draw it out a little more....more suspense and cliffhangers and you'll have audience drawn like that.  Pretty good vocabulary.  I want more  :)

on Feb. 16 2013 at 2:57 pm
AngelPromises, Cupertino, California
0 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Love is a force more formidable than any other. It is invisible - it cannot be seen or measured, yet it is powerful enough to transform you in a moment, and offer you more joy than any material possession could."
-Barbara de Angelis

OMG!! This is soo good you need to write more. I luv books like this

Nani22 SILVER said...
on Jan. 25 2013 at 7:49 pm
Nani22 SILVER, Jonestown, Pennsylvania
7 articles 0 photos 10 comments

Favorite Quote:
In the movie the Avengers
-(Thor) Loki is beyond reason. But he is of Asgard and he is my brother.
-(Black Widow) He killed 80 people in 2 days.
-(Thor)... He's adopted... ;-)

I love your story! Your plot, main idea, and guy choice is very interesting! I would love to have two hot guys fighting over me (I would probably be more of a Julian girl... but I would MOST definitely settle for a Blake :-) I hope to see that you have added more to the story shortly! Keep up the awesome work!

on Jan. 25 2013 at 1:23 pm
N8wrlder02 BRONZE, Udupi, Other
3 articles 1 photo 3 comments
You write so good! I want to read more! Hope that the chapter keeps coming within a short time. 'Coz me thinks that people like us, the readers, don't deserve to wait long for another great chapter. Keep it coming!

on Jan. 25 2013 at 11:17 am
Love_Jesus18 SILVER, Killeen, Texas
8 articles 0 photos 10 comments
please write more!!!!! that is really good please tell me if blake and Bells get together please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on May. 9 2012 at 9:49 am
SilverLuna SILVER, _________, Washington
8 articles 0 photos 229 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Come fairies take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.".... W.B. Yeats.
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Nicely done! Two hot guys, a spunky girl, and a beautiful venue! This first chapter definitely made me want to read more, so please, write more!(:

on May. 1 2012 at 6:20 pm
C.L.Erins BRONZE, Nunn, Colorado
1 article 1 photo 31 comments

Favorite Quote:
The past is like a pen. You can always cross it out, but you can never erase it. ( unless you have one of those special erasable pens and in that case... well you are lucky)

I love it love it love it!!!!!! please write more soon!!!!! :D

on May. 1 2012 at 3:45 am
nemish23 BRONZE, Sydney, Other
2 articles 0 photos 110 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
They just make the most of everything they have."

"Today is life. The only life we're sure of. Make the most of today." -CSI:NY

omg! it's so good to find someone else from australia!

anyway, i love love love love your story! it is amazing; the plot is brilliant, the characters have such great personality and your ability to story tell is really good.

i hate cliffhangers, so i can't wait to read more. i'll be checking everyday to see if there's something new.

this idea is very unique and one of a kind, and you have such a great talent to turn it into such a great piece of writing! keep up the good work!

<3


on Nov. 17 2011 at 3:17 am
MidniteSwirl BRONZE, Melbourne, Other
2 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
Without hate there wouldn't be love, and without love there wouldn't be anything. But that doesn't give you permission to go around hating, so please think before you speak :)

Hey anyone who's reading this xD
Just to start, I'm super sorry for not posting more, I've been back at school with exams, and I'm going to England soon for a holiday, so it's been chaos organising that too. 
I did write more, but it got deleted, and then I found an old story, and so I've been working on that a bit, recently.
Annnnyway, I'll try to write more, hopefully I'll get back into the swing. Anyone want the story I've been working for up? :)

on Nov. 8 2011 at 5:08 pm
DEROSSETT BRONZE, Hampton, Virginia
1 article 0 photos 33 comments

Favorite Quote:
“One day your life will flash before your eyes, make sure it’s worth watching.”

“Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today”

please I can't take it write more!!!!!!!!!

on Oct. 9 2011 at 10:06 pm
Country_Storm_Inspired, The Colony, Texas
0 articles 0 photos 28 comments
Ahhhhh!!!!! I. Need. More!!

on Oct. 4 2011 at 10:03 am
Mermaidmissy SILVER, Las Vegas, Nevada
8 articles 0 photos 136 comments
Your book was really good. Can you take a look at my poems please. Thanks! :)

EbbaRose said...
on Oct. 4 2011 at 3:07 am
EbbaRose, Adelaide, Other
0 articles 0 photos 12 comments
This is really good, i love the characters! :) Please write more soon!!!

on Oct. 2 2011 at 1:48 pm
DEROSSETT BRONZE, Hampton, Virginia
1 article 0 photos 33 comments

Favorite Quote:
“One day your life will flash before your eyes, make sure it’s worth watching.”

“Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today”

oh yeah when do you think you will post more??????????????

on Oct. 2 2011 at 1:47 pm
DEROSSETT BRONZE, Hampton, Virginia
1 article 0 photos 33 comments

Favorite Quote:
“One day your life will flash before your eyes, make sure it’s worth watching.”

“Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today”

this is fabulous please please please write more.