The Needing for Love

Author's note: I worked really hard on this. I hope you like it.
Author's note: I worked really hard on this. I hope you like it.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 92 Next »

Chapter One

Chapter One
*You Got To Be Out There. You Got To Be Somewhere. Wherever You Are I’m Waiting.*
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I sat there. Alone. In my room. Fuming. I refused to marry that man sitting downstairs in my living room.

"Please, Seirnali , I know this is sudden but please, do this for me!" My dad was begging me as I sat on the couch.

"No! Ok! No! You can’t force me to marry someone I don’t even know!" I shouted back at him. I glanced over at him. Standing at the end of the staircase looking down at his feet.

"Please Seirnali , I don’t relish the idea either but…" he faltered. I looked at him and clinched my jaw. Before he could speak again I was up in my room, sitting on my bed, fuming.

It wasn’t that I hated the guy, I just didn’t want to be forced to marry someone. I mean and at the age of 19? Considering the fact that I just turned 19 a month ago. I laid down on my bed and stared at my ceiling. I thought about why I had to marry him. Apparently, his family were very good friends with my father, and according to him, it wasn’t an arranged marriage, but a set up to see if we would work out. Of course, that didn’t make it sound any better. After Eric, my ex, and I split, I refused to even think about dating again. I laughed despite the situation.

He must be really desperate if he has to get his family to find him a girlfriend.

I heard a soft tap on my door. I ignored it.

"Can I…..uh…can I come in?"
Oh, it was him.

"Seirnali , open the damn door." My dad spoke next.

I sighed deeply and swung my legs off the bed and got up and opened the door. I rested my hand on hip and glared at them both.

"Seirnali , please," my dad spoke softly now, "just….can you give Alexander a chance?" He looked at me pleadingly. I just sighed. It was silent for a while until my mom came upstairs and broke it in two.

"Mike, for goodness sake leave the girl alone!" My mom looked at me and smiled. My mom and I got along but of course like any mother/daughter relationship it had it’s fighting. Plenty of it. My dad and I got along perfectly fine. Well, besides now of course. But my dad was always the protective one, especially since I was an only child.

"Kelly! She won’t even give him a chance!" My dad was flailing his arms in the air as she led him downstairs. Alexander stayed up stairs. Awkward.
I looked at him fully for the first time since he got here. He had really messy hair, bluish gray eyes. Tall. Pale. Gorgeous. It was obvious he hadn’t shaved for a few days, and I could tell he wasn’t about to either.

I wanted to say something but I couldn’t think of anything so instead I shut the door and went back to sit on my bed. I didn’t mean to be rude to him but, I was mad. I heard him sigh from behind the door. I decided I wouldn’t be a total b**** to him and be somewhat civil. I got back up and opened the door to find him standing the same place he was before.

"Hi." I said somewhat grudgingly. I looked up at him and he was fighting back a smile.

"Hello." He was amused. That ticked me off. He was amused at the situation?! I had had enough of it and shoved past him to go downstairs. Maybe I could talk my dad out of it… I got to the corner of the kitchen and heard them arguing. I decided I would eavesdrop and see who was on my side.

"Mike! What are you thinking?! She just got out of a relationship with Eric! And, to add, she just started acting normal! Don’t make her go through something like this again. I can’t stand to watch her when she gets as depressed as she was!!" I listened to my mom.

Yes, I had become extremely depressed after Eric and I split up but it was for good reasons. I shuddered thinking about those three long months.

"How do you know that this will go the same way? Kelly, come on, I can’t convince her alone!" He pleaded.

I stormed back up to my room and found him rifling through my bookshelf.

"What are you doing!?" I glared at him.

"Are you serious? Please tell me your not some obsessed fan like all the others." He said in his British accent as he waved my Twilight book around in the air.

"Give me that!" I ripped it out of his hands. "And for your information, I do love these books so you’re going to have to deal with that." I paused and I could tell what he was going to ask.

"And yes, I’m in love with Edward Cullen." I put the book back in its spot on the shelf.

"Lovely." He smirked as he watched me.

"Seirnali !? Can you come down here for a minute please?" I heard my dad shout from downstairs. Great. I slowly made my way downstairs and sat down on the couch in front of my parents.

"Listen. I know you don’t want to do this, but if it still isn’t working out by…June, then you can leave him and never have anything to do with him ever again. Ok?" My dad was trying to compromise with me. I thought it over. Well it was October 1st. So that would be…eight months with him. Oh Joy! I could tell this wasn’t going to end unless I agreed so I thought I would say yes and then the first chance I got, run to my house and try and see him as little as possible.

"Fine." I said glaring at them both. I watched my father’s pleading face go to relief.

"Thank you." He hugged me. Then he came down from exploring my room no doubt, and walked into the living room.

"So…" He looked at me from behind my dad. My dad let go of me and turned to face him.

"Yep! But I told her, if it still wasn’t working out still in June, she could…leave."
Alexander had this contorted, pained expression for a split second then smiled.

"Sounds good to me!"

I stood there, not really knowing what do to.

"Well, It’s getting late, you two should be heading home." My mom yawned. A few minutes later we were both outside. I was heading toward my apartment. It was only a few miles away. I didn’t drive here so my black mustang wasn’t here. I didn’t mind though. It was nice out. Then I felt someone grab the sleeve of my shirt pulling me back.

"Where are you going?" He looked at me quizzically. I was getting a little freaked out.

"My apartment…" I drawled. I tried to get his fingers off my arm but it was futile.

"Well, I could drive you." He was half smiling.

"No, I can walk." I started trying to pry his fingers. Instead, he started dragging me to his car.

"What are you doing?! Let me go!!" I started shouting at him. We got to his car and he opened the door for me. I refused to get in. The moment he let me go I would run. He raised an eyebrow, then sighed and pushed me in and shut the door. I sat there with my arms crossed as he started the car.

"Calm down. Jeez." How was I supposed to be calm when he was basically kidnapping me?! I just turned my head and looked out the window. Later, realization dawned on me that he had passed my apartment a while ago.

"What are you doing?! You passed my house miles ago!" I was bewildered.

"Yeah. I know. I’m taking you to my house." He kept his eyes on the road.

"So you are kidnapping me!?" I asked.

"No. I’m not kidnapping you now would you please calm down?" He shook his head and I continued looking out the window.
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 92 Next »

This book has 20 comments. Post your own now!

Madimayisinsane said...
Sep. 12 at 4:11 pm
I love this book! Please put the next one p soon! It's amazing!

moderndayEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 3 at 10:44 am
This is an amazingly written book! You are really talented! When I tarted reading this book, I was depressed. But when I started reading it, I couldn't stop. And believ me when I say I couldn't stop. I read above 80 chapters or 92 chapters in one day. Your book is that amazing. Thank you for sharing this! This is like one my few favorite romance stories. But may I ask, what happened in the end???

heycallmemoriartyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 18 at 12:43 pm
this is such an amazing book! Oh my god! No! Don't kill her! Or Alex! Please! I will die! No! This is one of the greatest books I have ever read, please keep writing!

SmileyFace3356 said...
THANK YOU FOR 92 CHAPTERS!!!!  I've read 17 and I'm biting my fingernails.  I can imagine Alex in my head and I moan.  Have you finished it yet or are you still adding more?

Pirate_babe_91 said...
Still waiting!!

mimiluvinwhat said...
Jun. 3, 2013 at 10:54 am
wtf you have to write more you just have to plllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssse

blackbirds_singing said...
i need to tell you something.  right now.  its major important.  you began writing this book.. what? 3 years ago? and you've been working on another, supposidly.  don't get me wrong, i completly undersstand how hard and stressful it is to write in a busy work or quite possibly school enviroment, me being in school myself and working on exercericular activities.  but, and i mean this in the most pleasant and less possible thretning way, if you do not upload the se... (more »)

bellatrix said...
Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:49 am
i love this book

FallenAngel170198This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I love this book! Oh My Gosh, keep writing! I want to know how it is with the gun! And hurry ! I give it 5 stars!

bellatrix said...
ello loves how are yall today i just really wanted to say I love this story cherrio

TashaB said...
Enjoying it hunx! Your dreams are going to go VERY far! Read some of my books :) They're nailbiting goodness....

Pirate_Babe_94 said...
I love your story!! I've been waiting FOREVER for the next part. (:

Keep writing!!!

Mermaidmissy said...
Oct. 6, 2011 at 10:06 am
Wow, your book is really good. I hope you keep on writing more pages. Take a look at some of my poems and my book to please. :) 

misguidedmuse replied...
I will. :) i am writing sequal to this book. :) and i have another book. just havent got it on here. 

awesomejordy said...
Totally addicting! Fantastic! Please finish!

fall is near said...
r u gonna write a sequel? please that was amazing! but u just left us hangin there at the end!!! oh please write a sequel!!!!!!

fall is near said...
im addicted to this! ive been reading it for like 3 hours now! good job to the author! i forgot it was written by a teen! U should make it a real book! Keep up the good work! :)

misguidedmuse replied...
THANKS! :) i love to write, so hearing that is really reasuring! :) i am writing a sequel! if you know any places i could send it for getting it publish, i will send it :) 

fall is neear replied...
oh ur welcome! and i will see if i know anywhere where it can be published and let you know! so how far are u in the sequel? i reaaly hope nothing happens to seirnali in the sequel and they stay together (hint, hint ;) ) and please let me know when u will be posting the sequel! this is like the 3rd time iv'e read this! keep writing!

misguidedmuse replied...
Half way done! :) as of today. :) and thank you :)