Damned Forever

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18 Next »

Chapter 4

I reached the boarder three hours later, stopped by a boom gate, a security guard dressed in a black uniform walked out of the booth with his head held high, his skin was pale against the dark uniform. His gaze was alert and inventive as he approached the window; I placed my finger cautiously on the button and the window rolled down, he leaned down to peer through my window
"Are you Haliana Alison Harper?" he questioned, I nodded "do you have ID?" I leaned back and unzipped my bag and rummaged around for my passport, when I found it I pulled it out and showed it to the guard. He took it and walked back into the booth where he picked up the phone, dialed a number and spoke with someone briefly then appeared at my window, handing me back the passport
"Sorry, we've had...pretenders try and come in before" he chuckled "I'm Lee, I'm Chinese not Japanese" he held out a pale hand, I shook it only to shiver. His hand was as cold as Doom's, he was handsome with a wide jaw and soft green eyes
"Well, call me Halo, I'm Australian not American" I said, Lee smiled
"You go on through Ms Harper. Remember, the one on the left" he reminded, I nodded as he disappeared and appeared into the booth, he pressed something and the gate lifted; I moved on, waving slightly and then sped up. Twenty minutes later, I reached the fork in the road and turned left, changing gear and speeding up; the moon was rising over the forest that surrounded the road, I was nervously biting my lip until I saw lights seeping gently through the trees, it opened up to reveal the beautiful manor, as I edged closer, I could see people standing in a line, all dressed in black, their skin paper white compared to them. I puled the car over, someone was already at my door, pulling it open and helping me out; it took me a moment to realize I knew them, she was short with long hair and bright eyes
"Annie?" I questioned, the short girl beamed at me
"Hey Halo. Welcome to the Manor" she gestured to the large house, she was going to the back where she opened the door, pulled out my bag and close it. She wrapped a gentle arm around me and pulled me toward the front door where someone stood, the light beaming behind them made it hard to make out features but I knew it was a male.
"Hello" the familiar voice greeted, Annie pulled me into the house that was exactly like my vision, the man turned to smile at me, sharp canines peering out of his lips
"Doom" my voice shook on his name, Annie gave my arm a gentle squeeze, she giggled slightly and handed over my bag. I felt compelled to snatch it up and clutch it to my chest but I allowed Doom to take it and slung it over his shoulder
"Come, I'll get you settled in. Romanov, get her some food" it was harsh the way he spoke, it was gentle and loving, like she was his little sister; the name he gave her struck me
"Wait. Romanov? Like the Russian family that was murdered?" I asked, Annie nodded then bowed her beautiful frame
"Anastasia Romanov, now it's just Annie" she said standing tall "I'll be right back with your food" she turned and danced out of the room as Doom wrapped his arm around me
"Come" he instructed, I followed obediently as he guided me up the stairs and onto the third floor where we moved three doors in, he opened the door to reveal a stunning room with a large bed and a Persian carpet, ancient paintings hung on the wall and rose petals laid on the bed
"What is this?" I breathed
"Your room. I hope you like it, Annie can help change it if you don't" he said walking into the room and setting the bag gently on the floor
"No, I love it, but. I want some answers. Who are you people? What do you want with me? And how in the world is Anastasia Romanov alive? She was murdered along with her family" I couldn't help myself with that question
"Oh, we have many men and women that should be dead, they're famous and even myths" he chuckled, his hand in his pants pocket. He wore a formal black shirt and a red tie, his pants black as well as his shoes.
"What is with all the black?" I asked abruptly, Doom laughed out loud as Annie appeared again, I noticed she was wearing a long black formal dress
"What? She asked about the black?" she giggled setting a tray of food onto the bed and then dancing to Doom's side, his arm wrapped around her in a protective way, like he was her big brother
"Technically, that wasn't me. She was a dying girl we'd found shot by Russian soldiers, Doom found me as the soldiers were hauling the bodies out, he killed the three that had me and voila, I become a vampire." she explained it so easily, like it were saying that she had long hair and was short, I shook my head and took a deep breath
"Please, eat something. Get some rest and we will talk in the morning. For now, sleep" now it was an order, Annie had given it as she stepped forward and reached up to kiss my forehead, I resisted a shiver as she pulled Doom with her
"Night" they called closing the door. I wondered over to the bed where the food laid, without even looking at what was on the tray I picked it up and threw it across the room screaming
"WHAT DO YOU WANT!" my voice erupted into its unusual pitch and shook the house. I threw myself on the bed and started crying again until it hurt to cry and then I fell asleep.

This book has 14 comments. Post your own now!

Jaguar17 said...
Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:21 am
WOW! love it, seriosly, write fast! If I don't read the next book soon I will die!

DEROSSETT said...
THis is like amazing.  I will be looking for the sequal.  write fast:)

DanielleMitchell said...
Oct. 9, 2011 at 8:40 am
Yes sorry about the mistakes, when the spell check was going through it was changing everything throughout the chapters, so I'm going to have to go through it again and fix everything. I'm sorry for the inconvinence. :)

ButterflyKiss said...
Oh my GOD. You had me hooked at the first chapter! I find your idea refreshing from all the boring vampire stories piled up on my shelf. :) Five stars!

Steph0804 said...
Oct. 4, 2011 at 10:58 am

I've only read up to chapter 6, but I'm loving it! The only criticism is that you seem to be missing a lot of punctuation, and all the "ook" verbs "look, book..." are messed up "loOK, boOK...", and you have a few spelling mistakes ("shutter" for "shudder"...).

But the story is amazing. Keep writing!

Steph0804 replied...
Oct. 4, 2011 at 10:59 am
("reflex" for "reflects")

Steph0804 replied...
Oct. 4, 2011 at 11:00 am
Question: doesn't black absorb sunlight and white reflect it?

Steph0804 replied...
Oct. 4, 2011 at 11:08 am
Hm... you have a couple run-on sentences...

Steph0804 replied...
Oct. 4, 2011 at 11:29 am
The plot has a lot of twists and turns... first Halo is crying, helpless, with the vampires... suddenly she's cheeky, courageous, and she's a werewolf campaigning against her fianceĢ...

Steph0804 replied...
Oct. 4, 2011 at 11:37 am
Wait-- what happened between chapter 14 and 15? First she's cradling the little angel-baby in her arms, and then she's jumping off a cliff...

DanielleMitchell said...
haha, that's sweet. and im working on it as we speak :)

Kvothe28 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I didn't read the entire thing, but what I thought was good. "My soul was back in my posession, but not in my body." I really liked that. =)

My previous comment should read, I didn't read the whole thing, but what I did read was good. I mistyped the first one. Anyway, 5 stars. =)

CresentShadow said...
I need more! (: