Damned Forever

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18 Next »

Chapter 2

John woke me up at six, telling me I had to go to school. I didn't argue as I got up and went for a well needed shower, my body ached from all the tossing and turning I'd done in my sleeping state. Visions of things to come haunted me and made me restless, but I wasn't about to complain to anyone. I pulled on my jeans and long sleeve V-neck top, pulled my midnight hair into a messy ponytail, grabbed my bag, grey jacket and headed out into the pouring rain. School was two blocks away and I didn't mind the rain; I pulled my jacket on and flipped the hood over my hair, zipped it up and continued on my way, my head down and deep in thought. Last nights visions were of school, students and their usual bitchiness; I knew who was voted for Prom Queen, Stacy Michaels and Prom King was Mitch Houseman, both were so stuck up, you'd think they were fitted with poles. There was going to be a false fire alarm during third period and I was going to be 'surprised' with three pop quizzes in History, English and Science. I already knew the answers. Though I thought my power was useless and took the surprise out of everything, it made me more aware of other things than failing at school; who cared if I failed? It's not like it matters anymore. Jess and Kell met me at the gate, they were the only two that put up with my mood, with hadn't changed since that day. They greeted me with a quick hug and then dove into a discussion about how they were hoping they'd gotten voted for Prom Queen. Surprisingly, Kell was second choice, tied with Jess. They were both pretty, Jess was tall, busty and smart, her hair was long but always put into a French braid, her eyes were soft chocolate and she almost always wore strawberry lip gloss. Kell was shorter, almost as busty but she was more athletic, her golden-brown hair was cut shoulder length and her eyes were an odd hazel brown, she never wore make-up unless she was going out.

I sat at the back of English, hood pulled over my hair and head-phones in my ears, I already knew what the lesson was about and that I needed to research pages sixty to seven eight. I was aimlessly staring out the window -watching the darkening sky become more ominous and uninviting as well as surprisingly soothing- when my sight was clouded over and a vision presented itself to me.
The room was all dark stone and lights were being cast from no where, the room was filled with men and women, all beautiful and non breathing, there was one in particular that caught my attention for he crouched in the middle of the room, his eyes flicked up to me and I couldn't help but gasp. Taunting eyes burn as soft velvet lips linger over a bleeding throat. So frightful, yet so beautiful. The man seemed finished with his meal -a young women in her early twenties, late teens- and rose to his feet gracefully, with a slight wave of his hand, the women was swarmed by hungry vampires and my sight of her was blocked. All but her clouded eyes and pale blank face, she seemed to be at peace, her expression wasn't fear or terror, it was just. Blank.
His approach was soundless, but his feet touched the ground. Velvet straight black hair floated around his perfect pale skin and burning eyes that resembled embers at the bottom of a glorious fire. Breathtaking? Gorgeous? Magnificent? There were truly no words that described him, only his true name.
Doom Hunter.
The smile that spread across his perfect lips was vicious. Sharp canines peered out of his mouth and a shiver ran down my spine as he wrapped a single around around my waist, with the other hand, he gently pushed my head to one side, his hands colder than ice, revealing my neck to his. Then, he leaned down and a sharp pain hit my flesh making me cry out.

"Ms Harper!" Mr. Johnson yelled at me as the vision ended. I was suddenly aware that I was on the ground, surrounded by students and Mr. Johnson, all staring at me like I was crazy. I realised I'd screamed out and must have fallen off my chair; my neck was sore but there was no wound. I got to my feet very quickly, scrambling for an explanation to why I'd had a sudden out burst but no words seemed good enough
"I have to go" I said in a rush, I grabbed my bag and ran out of the classroom, holding back tears of embarrassment. It wasn't the first time I'd seen Mr Doom Hunter, in fact, ever since that night I'd seen him frequently in dreams and visions. But not like this, he's never been able to touch me, in my visions, it was always as if I was invisible to everyone else but now...now he could touch me, hurt me and I'd feel it as if it were happening. What was happening? I had to find the mansion I'd seen in countless dreams, I had to find out why Doom was reappearing so much and why. I would find this out, he was somehow tied to Greg's death and I knew it, there was no denying it. Doom knew something and I'd find out what that was. For Greg, for myself. I stopped when I reached the car park, feeling the urge to scream till my lungs burst, but the scream wouldn't come. One thing escaped my lips.
"I will find you." As if I was saying to him, I felt slightly better, not good enough to go back to class though. I'd wait until after recess, then I'd talk to Mr. Johnson, that would give me time to come up with an excuse and possibly enough time to find a map and search where Hill Crest was exactly. That was where the mansion was located, I'd seen the sign every dream I had of Doom, every time something was going on and every time I felt drawn to the beautiful vampire that haunted me.

This book has 14 comments. Post your own now!

Jaguar17 said...
Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:21 am
WOW! love it, seriosly, write fast! If I don't read the next book soon I will die!

DEROSSETT said...
THis is like amazing.  I will be looking for the sequal.  write fast:)

DanielleMitchell said...
Oct. 9, 2011 at 8:40 am
Yes sorry about the mistakes, when the spell check was going through it was changing everything throughout the chapters, so I'm going to have to go through it again and fix everything. I'm sorry for the inconvinence. :)

ButterflyKiss said...
Oh my GOD. You had me hooked at the first chapter! I find your idea refreshing from all the boring vampire stories piled up on my shelf. :) Five stars!

Steph0804 said...
Oct. 4, 2011 at 10:58 am

I've only read up to chapter 6, but I'm loving it! The only criticism is that you seem to be missing a lot of punctuation, and all the "ook" verbs "look, book..." are messed up "loOK, boOK...", and you have a few spelling mistakes ("shutter" for "shudder"...).

But the story is amazing. Keep writing!

Steph0804 replied...
Oct. 4, 2011 at 10:59 am
("reflex" for "reflects")

Steph0804 replied...
Oct. 4, 2011 at 11:00 am
Question: doesn't black absorb sunlight and white reflect it?

Steph0804 replied...
Oct. 4, 2011 at 11:08 am
Hm... you have a couple run-on sentences...

Steph0804 replied...
Oct. 4, 2011 at 11:29 am
The plot has a lot of twists and turns... first Halo is crying, helpless, with the vampires... suddenly she's cheeky, courageous, and she's a werewolf campaigning against her fianceĢ...

Steph0804 replied...
Oct. 4, 2011 at 11:37 am
Wait-- what happened between chapter 14 and 15? First she's cradling the little angel-baby in her arms, and then she's jumping off a cliff...

DanielleMitchell said...
haha, that's sweet. and im working on it as we speak :)

Kvothe28 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I didn't read the entire thing, but what I thought was good. "My soul was back in my posession, but not in my body." I really liked that. =)

My previous comment should read, I didn't read the whole thing, but what I did read was good. I mistyped the first one. Anyway, 5 stars. =)

CresentShadow said...
I need more! (: