The Age Of Love (Revised)

Author's note: To start off, this story I posted a while back ago..I wanted to try to fix my mistakes since I'm...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: To start off, this story I posted a while back ago..I wanted to try to fix my mistakes since I'm a perfectionist..(It's not finished yet)I know this is an off subject but I wanted to write about this.

I hope you like it, please comment XD  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 Next »

Violet's Pov

I stared at my clock, it read 12:00 am. I couldn't sleep, all I thought about was how, inconsiderate Billy was to me tonight. Why would he do this to me? Now I feel even more alone. Tears ran down my face, as I wiped them away. I turned to my side, and I thought of that boy I met after school the other day. He was real funny, a little bit on the cocky side though. That day of course my mother was late, so I socialized with him for a while. In just about 15 minutes of talking I learned a lot about him. His names Daniel, he's 17 and he works at a library in town, he loves to read and he writes horror novels. He has the most amazing smile to, and dazzling green eyes.

He's very sweet to, almost as sweet as Billy. I closed my eyes tightly trying to forget what happened tonight. I flipped over, and laid on my stomach my face in my pillow. Why now? Why is he doing this now? So what if I'm 15, he knows I need him in my life he's always been here for me. What happened? Tears moistened my pillow as I cried, I turned my head and stared at my door. Wouldn't that be nice if he would waltz in here? As my night and shining armor? I smiled, I remember calling him my prince when I was younger. He always blushed when I called him that, he's very shy surprisingly more shy than me.

I don't know why though? He's amazing he's handsome the most handsomest man I have ever met. Sure, I'm 15 and there's a million guys out there but he's the only one, literally that I want in my life. Sadly I want him ,I want him to be mine.

I flipped over again, on my back I stared at my ceiling. What is he doing right now? Is he sleeping, is he with Sara? I swallowed a lump in my throat, and anxiety ran threw me. Does he truly love her? I asked myself. Once again, tears fell abruptly from my eyes.

I awoke the next morning by my mother knocking on my door. Today's Thursday, so I figure Billy will be coming over, yet he said he'd just see me Friday, so I don't know what's going on.

“Violet! Are you going to school today or not?!” My mother exclaimed. I stared at the door for a while, sleepy.

“Violet Louise!” Exclaimed my mother.

“Yes, mother?!” I yelled.

“Didn't you hear me? Are you going to school? I'll take you.” She responded irritated. I walked over to the door, unlocked it and opened it a crack just enough for me to see out with my left eye.

“ Your taking me to school? Why?” I asked.

“ I want to make things better between us, so please get ready and I'll take you.” She said kindly. I nodded slowly, I never spent time with my mom or dad alone or with them for an actual good conversation. Hopefully things might get better, I don't think they will though.

“Alright, I'll be down in a bit.” I replied, closing the door. I made my bed, and sat down on it. Maybe Billy not seeing me anymore is a good thing? Maybe things will be different.

I quickly regretted that, because that made me feel like I was abandoning Billy, even though I'm not. I finally walked over to my closet, I stripped out of my clothing, put on a better bra. I slipped on a black lace tank top, and baggy jeans. I finished it with a green jacket that Billy gave me, last year.

I slipped on my shoes I wore yesterday, that I usually wear every day. I love these shoes, my father bought them for me and I just adore the little red roses on the top. I made my way out of my room, to the bathroom. I pulled back my hair, and brushed my teeth. I washed my face, and I let my hair down.

I brushed, my dark hair and pulled have of it back and made a pony tail. I looked at myself ,for a long time in the mirror. My dark black bangs fell over my eye, I blew the hair out of my face. I frowned. A couple of scarlet zits sat on my chin, and dark circles sat hopelessly around my blue eyes. I laughed, don't I look pathetic.

I was on my way to first period, the car ride with my mom was pointless because she didn't say one word to me, just smiled at me a couple of times. Which made me put my ear phones in my ears, and drown out her awkwardness. I was trying to switch songs on my mp3, when I slammed into someone, I fell backwards hard.

“F***. What the hell is your problem?!” I yelled. I was sitting up, rubbing my head when I saw it was Daniel. I instantly was embarrassed, people stopped to stare, laugh and teachers heard what I said, but they were to afraid to say anything.

“Daniel, I'm so sorry.” I whimpered, picking up his books off the floor. He stood up, he looked down at me smirking.

“Hey, it's alright.” He replied nicely. I smiled softly, and handed him his books.

“No, I should of controlled myself I have such a potty mouth.” I said awkwardly giggling. He smiled, and laughed.

“ Hey so do, I you should see me when I get eaten by a zombies I rant and rave for hours.” He stated, smiling his eyes fixed on mine.

“What video game is this?” I ask.

“ Resident Evil” He replied. I nod slowly. We stood there looking at each other awkwardly. What am I suppose to say now?

“I best be getting to class, do you think we could I don't know go out tonight?” He asked me, his eyes wondering to the side.

“What?” I replied softly. His face flushed, as he turned away from me, but I caught a hold of his arm, and turned him right back around to face me.

“I'm sorry, I just didn't think you would actually ask me out.” I said nervously.

He stared at me, an expressionless look on his face, which made me blush and look away.

“ Why haven't you noticed that I like you?” He asked, with an eyebrow raised.

“How can you truly tell a person “likes” you, unless you tell them?” I smarted off. He grinned, and looked to his side and laughed.

“Your cute.” He replied.

“ Your not so bad yourself”. I replied. He smiled at me once again, but this time I could see something in his eyes, and it made me sick to my stomach.

“Well, I'm already late for class see you later?” I mumbled as I hurried away. As I reached the other hallway, I leaned up against the wall and closed my eyes. I felt like crying. What am I doing? I love someone already.

I am not dating Billy, why do I feel like I’m cheating on him? I'm tardy I already know this, so I take my good old ' time getting to class. As I reach my first period class, which is Art I open the door and walk inside. Mrs. Ellis frowned, looking over her large glasses at me.

“May I ask why your late, Violet?” She asked. I shift my eyes over towards me seat, just wanting to sit down and work on my painting.

“I got sick, may I sit down now?” I reply hesitantly. She shook her head, thank god she shut up I thought as I hurried to my seat. I sat down, and sat their thinking about what the hell I'm suppose to do today, I won't get to see Billy.

“Violet? Violet?!” I heard the teacher exclaim, I felt embarrassed for getting lost in my thoughts, once again.

“Yes?” I announced, I heard girls giggling.

“Where's your painting, honey? You should be working your painting it's due this Friday.” She nagged.

“Sorry.” I said, getting up from my seat and walking towards the back of the room to my cabinet. I don't even want to celebrate my birthday now, I thought. I pulled out my canvas, and sat it down on the counter. I pulled out my black, red and green paint. I sat them down softly, next to my canvas on the counter. Last, I pulled out my two paint brushes. I decided just to stay by the counter, because I like being away from these people. I looked out, and stared at these people. They all were yelling, talking laughing they all became a blur to me and I just felt sick.

These people are heart less they don't care about anyone, I don't have any friends in this class. Their all to stuck on themselves to care about anyone else.

I guess they see me as a downer, oh well. I stared at my canvas, all I had drawn was my rose, a pretty rose that I tried to draw like the ones on my shoes. I smiled at my canvas. I opened my paint, and grabbed my small paint brush I started to paint my roses stem with green paint, it was a dark green. I focused on my painting trying to drown out the loudness of the juveniles around me.

I painted softly and carefully, time went by and I was almost done with my stem, and I was starting to paint my rose. I outlined my rose, with dark red paint. I than started to paint, with my thick brush. My teacher walked over towards me, and her eyes grew large as she looked at my canvas.

“Why, Violet this is amazing! Your very talented. What are you going to do for the background?” She asked.

“I really don't know. I think I'll just paint it black.” I whispered. She cocked her head to the side, and looked at my canvas once again.

“I believe that will work, anyways your doing a great job.” She replied, as she walked away. I painted my rose, staring up at the clock it was almost time for this class to end.

I was making my way to my locker, to grab the rest of my books for the day and to get my water and the sandwich I made this morning. I slammed my locker and made my way towards the cafeteria. I heard someone tap on my shoulder, I turned to see Daniel smiling at me. I smiled back.

“Will you sit with me today? If you don't mind?” He asked nicely. I smiled and nodded. Well, this is sweet, I guess he actually likes me. We walk down the hall way, and made our way into the cafe.

“I'm going to go get my lunch, would you like a cookie or something?” He asked. I bit my lip.

“No, I'm fine but thank you.” I replied softly. He made his way into the line, and I sat there awkwardly unwrapping my sandwich. Annabelle sat down across from me. Her eyes rimmed with black eyeliner, and her blonde hair pulled into a messy bun.

“Vile, so are you liking this Daniel guy?” She asked me, a smirk came across her face.
I bit into my sandwich, and shrugged.

“Come on he's precious, are you going to date him? He's totally crazy for you.” She nagged.

“Well, he did asked me out.” I replied. I looked over him walking out with his tray, he caught me looking and he smiled. I quickly turned around and blushed.

“Oh my god, he is so cute.” She said smiling. He sat down beside me, no one said anything and it started to get awkward, I coughed.

“Your Annabelle, right? I think I have history with you.” He mentioned softly.

“You do, and your the one in the back listening to your music and making drum sounds on your desk?” She said laughing. He blushed and nodded.

“ I love my music, and your the one popping your gum obnoxiously in the front.” He replied. Annabelle proudly got up and bowed proudly. I rolled my eyes. I slowly peeled the crust on my sandwich.

“She loves being obnoxious, it's her fort-ay.” I said. He looked over at me and smiled. Annabelle gave me her “look” which means in this situation go out with Daniel, I don't know I don't feel comfortable with this, but I do think he's attractive and sweet.

“Daniel, I would like to go out with you tonight. If you haven't changed your mind?” I mentioned softly, not looking at him in the face.

“I didn't change my mind, why would I change my mind? I'll pick you up tonight.”

“No, I don't want you to meet my parents.” I said sternly.

“Hey, they can't be that bad?” He joked. I turned and glared at him.

“It's not a joke, if you want to take me out tonight it's going to be at midnight or no date at all.” I said getting up from the table. I threw my trash away and made my way back.

“Come on Violet, I've met your parents they won't embarrass you.” Annabelle stated reasonably.

“I don't want them to meet Daniel, they'll think it's all serious and s*** it's just going to be one date.” I frustratedly replied. I looked over at Daniel, he suddenly became very quiet. Well it's true? Were not serious.

“Midnight or I can't see you tonight.” I said, this time looking at him. He turned his head.

“Midnight it is.” He accepted.

DLY1912 said...
Feb. 6 at 10:32 pm:
OMG! I'm hanging onto the edge of my seat! This is awesome! I want them to end up together! I'm only on chapter 4! I can't wait to find out what happens! Good job girl!

HiddenAngelInTheDark said...
May 4, 2012 at 3:16 pm:
I love your book so cute yet sad yet still cute. Quick Question: Did you write more chapters or just one? because when I click next it goes back to the cover page

MissDarkCross replied...
May 4, 2012 at 6:21 pm :
Thank you! I made a lot of chapters.. going back nd forth between Billy & Violet.  I don't know.. I guess you just reached the end of my book o.o

HiddenAngelInTheDark replied...
Jun. 9, 2012 at 9:13 am :
Welcome and I see there so good and I can relate to Billy

XingOffTheDays replied...
Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:47 pm :
Omg! I never seen your reply!   I am so sorry! <3 (I don't get on much.) That's good then? I'm happy my story can be relatable. <3:3

cuckoo_for_cocoa_puffs said...

Oops! totally did not check the sentence before posting it! Sorry for the bad grammar and such!

MissDarkCross replied...
Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:32 pm :

Hhaha It's okay xD

.. Yeah.. Lol Thanks!<3

cuckoo_for_cocoa_puffs said...
Okay, at first, I was like "Pedophile?", but then I further and realized that's no the case. Nice job!

Lindsey31 said...

This is soooo sad!!! Wow! It's a tragic love story. You are a great writer! I literally got goosebumps in the end.

But NEVER, ever second-guess yourself or think that you aren't a good writer. You are fantastic. Just because you make a couple gramatic mistakes doesn't make you bad. I envy your writing! If you have time, I'd love for you to read some of my work. Keep writing (:

MissDarkCross replied...
Apr. 10, 2012 at 5:18 pm :

It is, I watched a movie kinda based like this...and I've read books..so I got really interested in it. I'm so happy you got goosebumps! ;D I can't believe I left that impact!

>__< Oh.. thanks.. I'm trying to improve. & I will.. :3

MUSICSAVESMYSOUL said...
Jan. 26, 2012 at 10:47 am:
your wellcome your amazing

MissDarkCross replied...
Jan. 26, 2012 at 2:34 pm :
Really? Hahah Thanks

MissDarkCross said...
Sorry that I repeated the last chapter in chapter 13.. DX Didn't mean to. Just noticed tht now.

SecretGothicGirl said...
Dec. 31, 2011 at 1:03 am:
OMG this story was awesome!!!!! I couldn't stop reading it, the ending was sad, i really did tear up a little.The way there love for each other was so romantic,and in the end it was still there even though he was gone.Keep writing because you VERY good!!!!

MissDarkCross replied...
Dec. 31, 2011 at 3:14 pm :
Thank you so much!

MissDarkCross replied...
Dec. 31, 2011 at 3:15 pm :
I'm happy it made you tear up.. it made me tear up as well.. because I finished it..and I'm proud of the story. :3 I tried my best.. >.

SecretGothicGirl replied...
Dec. 31, 2011 at 4:01 pm :
when you first uploaded your story did you have 2,500 words because im starting on my first novel on here and im around 1,500

MissDarkCross replied...
Dec. 31, 2011 at 4:29 pm :
Uhm.. I have no clue? Lmao I'm sorry. :3 I don't think it matters how many words you have.. in your story. >.

DirectingGabs said...
Oh wow! The end was suprising. But it waws good. Great job!

MissDarkCross replied...
Dec. 31, 2011 at 3:11 pm :
I know :3 Thank you very much!