Matchmaker's Mansion

Author's note: Hope you enjoy! If you want to read the next chapter just post me a comment and I will. ^_^
Author's note: Hope you enjoy! If you want to read the next chapter just post me a comment and I will. ^_^  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 30 Next »

Matchmaker's Mansion: Ch. 6

“Do you want to explain what happened back there?” Ever said with his eyes focused on Shay who was slouched in his seat. In the large armchair, Shay lifted his head to nail him with his stormy gray eyes, apparently hating the confrontation.

“Yah, what’s up with you! You’ve never acted like this before.” At his outburst, Ever glanced over at Chase sitting beside him on the couch with his arms folded across his chest, his eyebrow lowered defiantly over his visible eye.
Yes, Shay has bit of an attitude, Chase is on a permanent sugar overload, and Ever is...well, Ever. Hope you like!

Shay, deprived of his books, had nowhere to hide and his glares proved his annoyance with Ever and Chase.

“I don’t understand, Shay,” Chase unfolded his arms to fiddle with his hands in his lap. “Usually you’re perfectly fine with outsiders, but today your attitude stinks.” Chase’s forehead furrowed with question.

Ever and Chase pinpointed Shay to the armchair. Shay’s black hair and suit blended in perfectly with the ebony armchair to the point that it looked like he had become a part of it. Only his white face stood out.

Shay leaned back further into the chair, and nonchalantly said, “I simply dislike her.”

Chase shot up out of his seat, “What’s there not to like? Name me one thing!” His pointer finger stood up out of his clenched fist for emphasis as he held it out at Shay.

Shay looked surprised for a moment at Chase’s sudden defensiveness, but covered it with an unreadable mask. “Her hair is a dirty brown color that’s always frizzy.”

Chase’s mouth formed an “O.” “That’s it?! That’s the reason why you don’t like her!” Chase started towards him, but Ever caught hold of his arm, hindering him from going any closer to Shay.

“No,” Shay said. Chase’s astounded face reflected in Shay’s grey eyes. “There’s more. She has too many freckles on her face, boring brown eyes, and a tiny stature. Overall, she resembles an irritating little mouse.” He loosened the black and white checkered scarf from around his neck, appearing bored with the whole conversation.

“How can you SAY something like that! You know her freckles make her cuter!” Chase tried to pull out of Ever’s grip, but Ever, who was afraid the suitcoat arm might rip off, held him still.

“He doesn’t want us to understand him, Chase,” Ever said in a soothing voice and Chase relaxed to look back at him. Ever’s gaze turned on Shay, “Frankly he has to lie to himself because he’s too scared to handle the truth. Hopefully Asha has enough magic to crack his thick skull.”

“Don’t cry when you find yourself helplessly in love with her then,” Chase clenched his teeth as he spoke, his eyes locked to Shay, “Because she’s mine.”

JakkiMarieSims This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 3, 2012 at 10:06 am:
I feel bad for them! Shay lost a girl he loved!! And all of them have this monster inside of them. its horrible. and the only way for them to get rid of the monster is love, but get hurt in the process. awwww, poor boys!!!! Chase reminds me of Honey Senpai from Ouran Host Club.  

KenziBobenzii said...
OMG!!! KEEP WRITING!!! PLEEEEAAAAASEE!!!

writerssoul said...
Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:58 am:
PLZ CONTINUE! I read all of this in one night because I can't get enough! Please add to this story, on Chap. 25 you left your readers hanging, PLZ PLZ PLZ write more

Athena19This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
wow this is really good! please write more!

writerssoul said...
I love this!! Please keep writing, I think I am addicted to these characters!

Irish-GirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:41 am :
Ahhhhhhh I need more¡!!!!¡!!!!¡

HarryPotterLover30 said...
I NEEED MOOOOE WRITE MOOOOOOOOREEEEEEEE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW  

Hope_PrincessThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:26 pm :
I had to laugh when I read your comment. This week is VERY busy, but I promise that after Columbus Day weekend there will be more up. I know it's asking a lot, making my readers wait more. But thank you so much for reading, and check back soon- because I promise to update in the next week or so. :-D

HarryPotterLover30 replied...
Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:25 pm :
THANK. GOD. I AM DYYYYING HERE. THIS IS DEFFFINETTTLEY GOING TO BE INTERESTING........ MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.........

HarryPotterLover30 said...
I NEEDDDDDDD MOORE. WRITE MOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRREEEEEEEEE.  

Zurk said...
Sept. 6, 2012 at 2:25 am:
This is AWESOME, the story development is amazing, you MUST finish this story:)

Lilybird said...
This got me hooked from the start! Please continue this, I'm dying to know what happens next :)

HarryPotterLover30 replied...
Sept. 19, 2012 at 6:36 pm :
OH. SNAP. OMG U HAAAAAAVE TO CONTINUE...... WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?!?!?!?!?!  

C.L.Erins said...
Sept. 2, 2012 at 12:31 am:
please keep going!!! i need more!! :)

JustAnotherDay.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Contuining with the amazing chapters. Write more!<3 

liveamongthestarsdieamongthepeople said...
Aug. 17, 2012 at 2:29 am:
Please! Right more! and you could definitely make a bestseller with this here book! its almost 4am and i havent been able to stop! PLEASE

Midnight_skies said...
I really hope there is more soon! I just found your story and I keep checking back for more chapters! It's a really great story :)

CrazyWriterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 28, 2012 at 6:39 pm:

Everytime I come back for more on this story, I always kick myself in the head (not literally...well..yeah). This story is so unique and different and like so many other TeenInkers this is a NEW plot. I cant correctly say that I have read a Story Super Similar to this one. I truely give you, TeenInker, a sound thunder clap.

I did notice that you said that this chapter was a' little fast' but I dont think that these particular chapters being fast is a negitive thing.. I think corrct me ... (more »)

CrazyWriterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 28, 2012 at 6:40 pm :

Oh and CONGRATS!!

Have fun in college!!

~CW

Jul. 28, 2012 at 9:32 pm :

Thank you so much for your awesome comment- not just for your encouragement but for reminding me that I still need to finish this book. 

Honestly, I forgot all about this. Man, do things get hectic.

Thanks again!