Matchmaker's Mansion

Author's note: Hope you enjoy! If you want to read the next chapter just post me a comment and I will. ^_^
Author's note: Hope you enjoy! If you want to read the next chapter just post me a comment and I will. ^_^  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 31 Next »

Matchmaker's Mansion: Ch. 1

The sign swung back and forth in the chill wind with a squeaking noise like it hadn’t been oiled for years. Once it had slowed to a gentle back and forth motion, she read the faded gold letters on the wood background.

MATCHMAKER’S MANSION- the elegant letters spelled out on the sign. Hesitantly, she looked to the door that it hung over.

Perhaps this wasn’t a good idea. Asha shuffled in place, glancing at the door again. Yes, I am mad at my ex-boyfriend but is that reason enough to enter the creepy-looking place? The windows were covered with dust so that she couldn’t see through and the mint-colored paint was peeling off the front door in long strips.
NO! I have to prove him wrong- prove to him that I am capable of reeling in someone other than him. I don’t need him anymore, and I can find someone 500 times better.
With her courage boosted by her self-lecture, she strode over to the door and turned the door handle. She expected a huge creak like the sign over the door, but instead the door didn’t make a sound. It opened easily into a room dimly lit by a myriad of small candles strategically placed so that the entire room glowed. The scent of roses tickled her nose, the room perfectly warm compared to the biting cold of outside.

As she unwound her scarf from around her neck to let herself breathe better, she spotted a white velvet chair sitting before a desk. At the desk sat a man in an extravagant red wine suit that looked like it belonged in the Victorian era along with the white chair.

“Come right in, miss, wouldn’t want you to catch cold on this blustery morning,” he said in a pleasant tone, but all she could think was- Who talks like that nowadays? –and- I like his accent.

The door was already closed, so she took a few steps forward. He motioned her to come closer with a waving hand and she obeyed. She lowered her thawed-out self into the white chair, feeling like she was dirtying it by sitting on it.

“Well, since this is the Matchmaker’s Mansion, I can presume what you are here for. You’ve come for a match…correct me if I’m wrong,” he leaned forward on his elbows. The candlelight bounced off of his gelled hair, making it extremely shiny.

“You are 100% correct, sir,” she smiled despite the fact that her heart was shivering with uneasiness.

“Right then, I suppose you’d like to fill out a form then. Here are the papers,” he dropped a stack of papers in front of her on the desk that made her mouth gape wide open. “Once you’re done— ring the bell. Our master matchmakers will go through every one of your answers and I will notify you in letter form when we have found the choice few that will most likely be your match. From there the fun begins.” He rubbed his hands together. “Now if you’ll excuse me,” he rose from his chair and before a single word could escape her mouth—he was gone.

She looked down at the stack of papers, having the sick feeling that a schoolgirl gets looking at her homework. Might as well get started. She pulled a feather pen from the marble cup on the desk and read the first line:

Would you be willing to die for the person you loved?

XxXpickachuXxX said...
yesterday at 6:35 pm:
This book is amazing. i really dont give out compliments very much but i felt that i needed to say that this is amazing. Okei byyyeee

JoyousCelly said...
Oct. 20 at 2:27 pm:
 You have become my inspiration ........... this took me to a different world,you have a really bright future;BEST OF LUCK;>

carissathestorytellerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 19 at 11:58 am:
This is my favorite book on TeenInk. I could read it over and over! I'm glad she ended up with Chase, though Ever's end made me horribly sad and I loved Shay immensely. If you ever get this published, I'll be the first to buy it!!! Great storyline, amazing characters, and the mystery of the Deum was awesome. Thank you for such a fantastic story!!!

Bayleigh_loveThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 11 at 3:53 am:
This book was amazing!!! So good that I stayed up until 3 am reading it!!! I mean, I previously started reading it but that was when you were still working on it. I agree with a few of the other people who read this book; I think it should've been Shay, but she still got her happy ending. And you are the author after all so all that matters is you got yours. And even though I didn't get my exact happy ending (which would've been something involving Shay and Asha) the book was still s... (more »)

MissEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sep. 8 at 12:44 pm:
Is there more coming? If that's alright to ask? I'm now curious what Shay is doing now or going to do, haha. i love this book. Thank you for sharing this!

Hope_PrincessThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Sep. 16 at 4:32 pm :
I did kind of allude to another book, didn't I. ;-) I wish I could say it's coming soon. I had several ideas, which is why I left it open for the prospect of continuing. But honestly, nothing is concrete as of this moment. Would you like to read another continuation if I did, even if it was an entirely different kind of book?

TheNerdGirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sep. 2 at 2:12 am:
that was absolutely beautiful but i still think it should've been shay. the entire story it sounds like thats the way its going then just boom she loves chase more.

luv2read replied...
Sep. 26 at 7:14 pm :
I agree it totally should have been shay the whole story was really aswesome and i really loved it but the ending.... i really wish it was shay 

moderndayEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 1 at 4:00 pm:
This was very good. It was really good. You have a talent! but may I ask, what happened in the end??? Thank you for sharing this!

Aug. 2 at 7:03 pm :
Thank you so much for your comment! Haha! Can you tell I've been procrastinating. I've finished a couple of the next chapters but I haven't gotten around to posting it yet. Soon! I guess you'll have to stick around to find out. ;-)

moderndayEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 3 at 9:58 am :
Haha, I promise I'll stick around ; ) You're a really wonderful writer!

JustAnotherDay.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 30 at 11:20 pm:
Oh my goodness! I love love love this. Keep it going.

HOPE_LOVER! said...
May 27 at 12:44 pm:
hi hope princess i think i will like to read this book when im older. how did you come up with the idea for this book it sounds amazing. B)

caskettluvr said...
Mar. 13 at 12:18 pm:
WHAT?! What happened?! I need more!! PLEASE!!!! That can't be the end. Where's the next chapter?! AHH!!!!! I'm desperate for more!!!!! Please write more... You write amazing work!!! BEAUTIFUL, but I NEED more. :D

Apr. 14 at 9:14 pm :
I promise more will be up in the next month. I know that seems like forever, but I need to do my best in college and finish the year strong before finishing my book. Please stick with me! :-) Thank you!

caskettluvr replied...
May 13 at 12:09 pm :
Hope_Princess, it's cool. I understand the stress of a lot of work. Just do your best in College and produce your book when ready. I just wanted you to know how much I love your book. Thanks!! :D

May 24 at 5:21 pm :
Added another chapter for ya! Enjoy!

hnmattison replied...
May 28 at 8:59 am :
This was so amazing! I have been checking for a new chapter, and I finally saw it today! I can't wait for the next one!

Reached_out said...
Dec. 23, 2013 at 9:00 am:
Write moreeee! I know it tooks a lot of time but your work is just amazing! I wish you all the best!

Ms.PeytonLovesHP said...
What?! No! No! No! That can't be the end! No! No! You can't-but I- But you- No! That's not the end, please tell me it's not! *pleading*