Matchmaker's Mansion

Author's note: Hope you enjoy! If you want to read the next chapter just post me a comment and I will. ^_^
Author's note: Hope you enjoy! If you want to read the next chapter just post me a comment and I will. ^_^  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 29 Next »

Matchmaker's Mansion: Ch. 6

“Do you want to explain what happened back there?” Ever said with his eyes focused on Shay who was slouched in his seat. In the large armchair, Shay lifted his head to nail him with his stormy gray eyes, apparently hating the confrontation.

“Yah, what’s up with you! You’ve never acted like this before.” At his outburst, Ever glanced over at Chase sitting beside him on the couch with his arms folded across his chest, his eyebrow lowered defiantly over his visible eye.
Yes, Shay has bit of an attitude, Chase is on a permanent sugar overload, and Ever is...well, Ever. Hope you like!

Shay, deprived of his books, had nowhere to hide and his glares proved his annoyance with Ever and Chase.

“I don’t understand, Shay,” Chase unfolded his arms to fiddle with his hands in his lap. “Usually you’re perfectly fine with outsiders, but today your attitude stinks.” Chase’s forehead furrowed with question.

Ever and Chase pinpointed Shay to the armchair. Shay’s black hair and suit blended in perfectly with the ebony armchair to the point that it looked like he had become a part of it. Only his white face stood out.

Shay leaned back further into the chair, and nonchalantly said, “I simply dislike her.”

Chase shot up out of his seat, “What’s there not to like? Name me one thing!” His pointer finger stood up out of his clenched fist for emphasis as he held it out at Shay.

Shay looked surprised for a moment at Chase’s sudden defensiveness, but covered it with an unreadable mask. “Her hair is a dirty brown color that’s always frizzy.”

Chase’s mouth formed an “O.” “That’s it?! That’s the reason why you don’t like her!” Chase started towards him, but Ever caught hold of his arm, hindering him from going any closer to Shay.

“No,” Shay said. Chase’s astounded face reflected in Shay’s grey eyes. “There’s more. She has too many freckles on her face, boring brown eyes, and a tiny stature. Overall, she resembles an irritating little mouse.” He loosened the black and white checkered scarf from around his neck, appearing bored with the whole conversation.

“How can you SAY something like that! You know her freckles make her cuter!” Chase tried to pull out of Ever’s grip, but Ever, who was afraid the suitcoat arm might rip off, held him still.

“He doesn’t want us to understand him, Chase,” Ever said in a soothing voice and Chase relaxed to look back at him. Ever’s gaze turned on Shay, “Frankly he has to lie to himself because he’s too scared to handle the truth. Hopefully Asha has enough magic to crack his thick skull.”

“Don’t cry when you find yourself helplessly in love with her then,” Chase clenched his teeth as he spoke, his eyes locked to Shay, “Because she’s mine.”

AconiteDeliriumThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Please please please please please write more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love_Writing_ said...
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me you'll try to get this published....you have so much talent and I am ADDICTED....love love love this!

yourlove-mywings said...
PLEASE WRITE MORE!!!! I'm desperate for a good story. All I write is crap, so I like reading other peoples stories. Amazing, you need to add more chapters quickly. And good luck in college?

Bayleigh_love said...
Omg this is AMAZING! Please please please please please please please please PLEASE write more!

The_Cheese said...
I love this story and cannot possibly wait for more, so please update as soon as humanly possible

awesomenesss said...
love the book cant wait to see what happens next

Write more please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bayleigh_love said...
Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:33 am:
OMG!!!! I am IN LOVE with this book!!! It could seriously be a real novel that you would find in Barnes and Noble!!! This book captivates me in ways no other book could and I just really really love it!!! Its even in my top 5 in my favorite books and authors in my profile!!! Just keep on writing this amazing book!!! Oh and I hope you get into a good college!!!! Have a great summer --Bayleigh

Hope_PrincessThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 25, 2013 at 11:40 am :
Wow! I feel so flattered, and unworthy of all your awesome comments. But it's readers like you that I write for. Thank you so much! <3

Bayleigh_love replied...
Aug. 26, 2013 at 2:23 pm :
You are so welcome! You have this amazing talent and imagination that no other person could have! I bet that if you got this book in stores world-wide it would be sold out in a matter of weeks! Please keep writing and have fun in college!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Aecnboo said...
May 18, 2013 at 2:56 pm:
I'm glued effortlessly to every page! Must read more!!

Bayleigh_love replied...
Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:34 am :
I totally agree :)

bloodrayne24 said...
May 17, 2013 at 11:04 am:
i love the whole thing please write more!

Remy15 said...
May 16, 2013 at 11:01 am:
please write more i would love to know what happens!!!!!!!!!!

yourlove-mywings said...
May 8, 2013 at 2:02 pm:
Seriously!! you need to write more!!! i want to know what happens! I am not a very patient person!!!! PLEASE WRITE MORE!!! i don't generally read stories, but you had me so intrigued I couldn't stop reading!!! write... NOW!!!!!!!!

PeytonLovesHarryPotter said...
May 5, 2013 at 10:22 pm:
HOLY. MOTHER. DUCKLING. WRITE. MORE. NOW. I. COMMAND. YOU. WRITEEEEEEEEEER!!!!!!!!!

ShyKarma said...
May 3, 2013 at 8:11 pm:
please write more soon i love the story!

HeyAmeliaKay said...
May 1, 2013 at 1:09 pm:
Loving the story so far keep writing! I can't wait for the update! Almost as addictive as Doctor Who ;)

mimi2020star said...
May 1, 2013 at 1:09 pm:
THIS IS GREAT! WRITE MORE LIKE RIGHT NOW WE ALL LOVE IT

Kat M. said...
WHAT THE HECK?!