Matchmaker's Mansion

Author's note: Hope you enjoy! If you want to read the next chapter just post me a comment and I will. ^_^
Author's note: Hope you enjoy! If you want to read the next chapter just post me a comment and I will. ^_^  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 31 Next »

Matchmaker's Mansion: Ch. 1

The sign swung back and forth in the chill wind with a squeaking noise like it hadn’t been oiled for years. Once it had slowed to a gentle back and forth motion, she read the faded gold letters on the wood background.

MATCHMAKER’S MANSION- the elegant letters spelled out on the sign. Hesitantly, she looked to the door that it hung over.

Perhaps this wasn’t a good idea. Asha shuffled in place, glancing at the door again. Yes, I am mad at my ex-boyfriend but is that reason enough to enter the creepy-looking place? The windows were covered with dust so that she couldn’t see through and the mint-colored paint was peeling off the front door in long strips.
NO! I have to prove him wrong- prove to him that I am capable of reeling in someone other than him. I don’t need him anymore, and I can find someone 500 times better.
With her courage boosted by her self-lecture, she strode over to the door and turned the door handle. She expected a huge creak like the sign over the door, but instead the door didn’t make a sound. It opened easily into a room dimly lit by a myriad of small candles strategically placed so that the entire room glowed. The scent of roses tickled her nose, the room perfectly warm compared to the biting cold of outside.

As she unwound her scarf from around her neck to let herself breathe better, she spotted a white velvet chair sitting before a desk. At the desk sat a man in an extravagant red wine suit that looked like it belonged in the Victorian era along with the white chair.

“Come right in, miss, wouldn’t want you to catch cold on this blustery morning,” he said in a pleasant tone, but all she could think was- Who talks like that nowadays? –and- I like his accent.

The door was already closed, so she took a few steps forward. He motioned her to come closer with a waving hand and she obeyed. She lowered her thawed-out self into the white chair, feeling like she was dirtying it by sitting on it.

“Well, since this is the Matchmaker’s Mansion, I can presume what you are here for. You’ve come for a match…correct me if I’m wrong,” he leaned forward on his elbows. The candlelight bounced off of his gelled hair, making it extremely shiny.

“You are 100% correct, sir,” she smiled despite the fact that her heart was shivering with uneasiness.

“Right then, I suppose you’d like to fill out a form then. Here are the papers,” he dropped a stack of papers in front of her on the desk that made her mouth gape wide open. “Once you’re done— ring the bell. Our master matchmakers will go through every one of your answers and I will notify you in letter form when we have found the choice few that will most likely be your match. From there the fun begins.” He rubbed his hands together. “Now if you’ll excuse me,” he rose from his chair and before a single word could escape her mouth—he was gone.

She looked down at the stack of papers, having the sick feeling that a schoolgirl gets looking at her homework. Might as well get started. She pulled a feather pen from the marble cup on the desk and read the first line:

Would you be willing to die for the person you loved?
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 31 Next »

This book has 284 comments. Post your own now!

ShyKarma said...
i love this story please write more soon

yukie12 said...
Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:36 am
Amazing story pllz wright more

Saraah said...
this story is AMAZING!! please keep writing, you are a great novelist! am looking forward to reading your next chapters becuz it cant just end at ch 26! plzzzz complete! love ya :)

Jaguar17This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Love it! Can you please write more and fast :D

Meg777 said...
Amazing!!! It is such a great story I couldn't stop reading it! Please keep writing!

Ressy said...
Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:06 am
Hi, the story is very interesting... is this the end or is there any other parts yet to come?? 

KuuMatsuri said...
OH.MY.GOODNESS....I fell in love with ths story! T^T Please continue it, please, please! Also, I kinda noticed a lot of elements in this story are very similar to the cliches of anime/manga plots. Sorry, I may be wrong, but I'm such a huge fan of Japanese anime, and I couldnt help but notice!

Hope_PrincessThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Haha! No, you're absolutely right about the anime/manga plot. I started writing this right after I finished one of my favorite shows. Needless to say, it definitely influenced my writing. ;-) But if my story holds an addictive characteristic then I think I did a pretty good job of following in the footsteps of anime tv shows, right?

naila love said...
please update yhe story it isss truly addicting .it is lovely

LuvLife said...
I asking, no begging! For you to write the next chapter! I ❤ it so far, and your doing an AMAZING job. I reeeeaaalllllyyyy hope you can create the next 1-2chapters or so? I know it is too much to ask....but please? P.s: thx soo much! You've encouraged me to start writing again! Oh and I'm team Shay too

Meli123 said...
Wow! You are a stupendous writer! I'm asking you to PLEASE write the next few chapters!!!! I REALLY want to know what happens next! So far you are doing an AWESOME job;) I just hope you can take sometime to write the next few chapters! P.S. Im totally team Shay too(^∇^)

WritingInTheDark said...
this is the most addicting thing ever!! its kind of the like the book Forbidden I NEED the next chapter

karen ternier said...
Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:04 am
this is a really great book. I want to find out more.about this book. 

greatwriter said...
Now I know what it means to be hooked. Please write more

woz11 said...
hey this story is amazing  please post some more up we've been waiting months... :( i really wanna know what happens! :) 

shy.. said...
Please write more i need to know what happens next Please update soon

lovedove said...
Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:27 am
I love this so much!! You have to take this to a publisher!! I will read all of your books if you publish them!! I am officially a dedicated fan of yours :)

Nani22 said...
Please please please please please please please write more! I'm dying here! You are absolutely amazing and I am completely hooked. I can't wait to see what happens next! I want to know who was who in the beginning when she had the kissing stage. Btw... I'm Team Shay all the way =-)

yummycupcakes11 said...
please give me the chapters! I wanna know if asha chooses shay! hae the cutes out of them all!

Danise S. said...
Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:18 am
Hi! Can't wait for the next chapters! Hope you'll update them soon! Thankyou! :* :)