Do You Believe In Destiny? | Teen Ink

Do You Believe In Destiny?

April 24, 2011
By JustKeepFalling GOLD, Byron, New York
More by this author
JustKeepFalling GOLD, Byron, New York
18 articles 4 photos 12 comments

Favorite Quote:
“I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.”


"Where are we going?!" I exclaimed.
"It's a surprise! Don't worry you'll love it!" Mom replied from the front seat. I continued to drum with my drum sticks on the seat in front of me. I made up my own melody. 'Hmm, maybe I'll tell the band about that one.' I thought.
As the car slowed, I looked out the window. First I saw a restaurant called Boston's. Next to it I saw what amazed me. I saw Splash Lagoon!
As we turned in I saw a ton of cars. As I put my drum sticks in my drawstring bag, I got my music note bathing suit out. I looked out my window as I was getting my camera and saw this boy. He looked very mysterious. He was an Indian with two twin brothers.
When I entered the park, his eyes seemed to follow me. His black hair was shaggy and he had deep brown eyes. When he saw me looking at him, he flashed me a crooked smile.
I smiled back and walked into this secret room I saw that said "soundproof". I had my drum sticks and starts playing on some of the chairs. Before I knew it, I was making my own song. After about a half hour of doing that, I finally stepped into the water park.
I was in line for the cyclone when I saw him again. He was in front of me. His tube fell out of his hands and as he turned around to grab it, he smacked my face.
"Oh my God! I'm so sorry!" He grabbed his tube and put his hand on my face where he had smacked me. "Are you okay? I really didn't mean it!"
"It's okay." I said laughing. "It didn't hurt that much."
"I'm Troy. Weren't you the girl I saw playing the drums? You looked really good." he said removing hid hand holding it out. His hands looked smooth and large.
I grasped his hand lightly. "Vivian. Yeah that was me. I love the drums." I said with my crooked smile. As we walked up the stairs we saw an empty double-tube. "Wanna?" I said grabbing it.
"I'd love to." He said with a toothy smile.
As we neared the mouth of the ride, we decided I'd be in front and Troy was in back. I have never been on the ride before so I didn't know what to expect.
It starts as a total drop down. As we dropped down I started screaming and I threw my hands in the air.
We neared the end of the ride when I saw him. A mysterious figure in the shadows. He stepped out in his blue shorts. His hair blond and shaggy, like Troy's almost. I saw him look over at me, golden hazel eyes. I've never seen anyone like him. I looked back at Troy but he was putting the tube away.
I walked over to the strange boy. I stuck my hand right out to him not even caring. "Hey." He looked so different close up.
Hesitantly he grabbed my hand. "Hello." he said coolly. His hands were very cold. I looked at his hair, he hadn't looked like he had gone in the water yet.
"I'm Vivian." I said still holding his hand. For some reason, I didn't want to let go. Something held my hand there.
"My name is Connor." He said. Kids came running by. He pulled my close to him, so they wouldn't hit me. His body was so cold. I sucked in my breath sharply. I was shorter than him so I looked up into his eyes. My full set of bangs fell into my eyes. He looked down and moved them away. That instant I had to move away. Something felt wrong.
Tony came back over and started to pull me away. "Vivian? Come on lets go on another ride." He said emotionless and dully. He glared at Connor.
I looked back, saw Connor gone and chuckled. "Look, Viv, don't let him deceive you. I know guys like him. They're so full of themselves."
I didn't even answer Troy. There was nothing I could say, or wanted to for that matter.

"No, I think I'm gonna go to the arcade."
"Are you sure? What is there to do there?" Troy asked. I don't understand why he just won't let me go! I just want to play some skee-ball. Hopefully Connor wouldn't be in there though. He' starting to scare me.
"Troy I'm here till Friday. Only half of that time will be spent playing the drums. I can spend a few hours in the arcade." I felt bad, but he was just being too protective, and I hate people like that.
"Fine but will you meet me back here later?"
"Of course, Troy." And I would. He was fun to be around.
As I walked into the arcade, the air went from 84 to 65. It felt good to be in cold air. But I got that shiver that I got when Connor pulled me close. I didn't like it.
There were so many games and kids!My parents gave me an arcade card with 500 points on it. I saw a skee-ball machine and walked over it. I swiped my card and began to play.
As I was playing, I felt a cold burst of air by me. I turned around and saw Connor. He had a rose in his hand. He extended out the arm with the flower to give it to me.
"Thanks." I said sharply. I shivered again.
"Shall we play some games?" Connor talked so formally. It was weird.
"Yeah, sure I guess." As I spoke he wrapped his arm around me. I inched away and turned back to my game.
I finished playing my game of skee-ball. "Vivian," the way he said my name made me feel weird. "may we go into a photo-booth to get pictures for memories?"
"Um...ya see..I'm always in the back since I play drums for my band. So I'm not really a picture kind of girl.."
"Just once?"
"Fine, whatever." He was really annoying me.
As we walked into the photo-booth, he grabbed my hand and inter-locked our fingers. I tried to break free but he was holding them too tight. Right before we stepped into the booth, Connor stopped me, and tilted my head up so I could see his eyes. I tried to turn away but he wouldn't let me.
"Vivian," He said brushing the hair out of my eyes. I flicked it back. "do you believe in destiny?"
"I do. But.." Before I could finish he kissed me.
I shoved him away. "What do you think you're doing! Stop it!" I wiped my lips.
Connor came back over to me and grabbed my wrists. "Connor! Stop! That hurts!"
"I'm not gonna stop until you be my girlfriend." He hissed.
"I'd rather die!" I spat back at him. He squeezed my wrists harder. It hurt but I wouldn't give in. "Fine I'll Just take the pictures!"
Connor smiled and let go of my bruised wrists. "Good."

"The pictures came out great Vivian!" Connor said. I could tell he was faking it.
"Great." I said so flatly it could flatten a bug. I looked at Connor and he was staring at me. His eyes were a deep violet. "Hey, Connor, why are your eyes a different color?"
He quickly closed them. "It's nothing."
"Connor!" I grabbed his arm.
"What Vivian!" He turned and grabbed my wrists again. I didn't even care anymore. The movement was so quick my jaw was hung open. He turned and walked out. I decided to go after him.
As I turned out the door, I saw Troy, watching me, hurt. He was the last person I wanted hurt. He turned away. 'Great Vivian! Look what this dork did now.'
When I finally cornered Connor outside, he looked mad. "Connor? What is it?" I was getting scared.
"You really want to know?"
"Yeah I guess."
"Are you scared?" He grabbed my arm.
"No I've been through worse." His hand freezing on my warm arms.
"I'm not human." He said releasing my arm leaving yet another bruise.
"Well I kinda got that. No human could bruise me that easily."
"Vivian, you don't get it! I'm a vampire!"
"So? I don't really care."
"If I get out of control once, I could kill you!"
I thought about that. "Well if this is what you did by just getting mad.." What was I saying?! I wanted nothing to do with this boy!
I started to walk back into Splash Lagoon. I could feel Connor chasing me. I saw Troy, looking at me. I ran into his arms. I started crying.
"What did you do to her?!" Troy let go of me and went over and shoved Connor. "You really need to control yourself."
"Troy, don't! You're gonna get hurt!" I tried to pull him back.
"Vivian, I know what he is!" Troy said turning around. He had that same look Connor did.
"Troy! You need to stay out of my business!" Connor got close to him, threat in his voice.
"Just keep your kind away from mine." Troy said in almost a growl.
"Troy? What's going?" I got closer to him. "You're not human either are you." I didn't ask, I knew.
"I wanted to keep you safe."
"So you lied?! What are you?" I was furious.
"A werewolf."
I walked away. I couldn't take it anymore. "Vivian!" I heard them call after me. I found some place and started to play my drums. It was the only way to let my steam out.
"Heeeyyy..!" I heard a voice come towards me. I looked up and saw a man. "Are you okay?"
"Um..not really." He opened his arms. I continued to play my drums. I didn't want him to touch me after what Connor did.
"What's your name?" He asked sitting down.
"Vivian." I stared at him. 'What did he want?!'
"Well Vivian, I don't know who made you so upset, but they're loss." He moved closer.
I moved away. "What's your name."
"Brock."
He kept moving closer. "Brock! Stop! Get away!"
"Why?? You're cutee.." He sounded drunk.
"Brock!"
"Hey! I believe she said leave her alone." I heard Troy yell. I got up and ran over to his open arms. He held me there for a moment then went over and punched Brock in the face.
"Troy, I'm sorry. I never should have left you."
"No, Vivian. If you like Connor..." His voice cracked and trailed off.
I held out my wrist and had tears in my eyes. "I never liked him and I never want to see him again!" I looked up at him. "More importantly, I'm trying to tell you I like you. No. I love you." I was crying now.
Troy wiped my tears away and pulled my close. "I love you too." He whispered. "So What happened with Connor?"
I smiled. "Eh, you saw the bruises he left me and I never liked him. Anyways, if he got out of control once, he could kill me." I shuddered. "Anyways, you're nicer and warmer." I smiled again.
Troy pulled my back close and kissed me. And I let him. "I will never hurt you, Vivian."
"Earlier, Connor asked if I believed in destiny. I said I did. But I really truly believe it when I'm with you." I looked up at Troy and he was smiling.
"I feel the exact same way."



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 7 comments.


on Apr. 27 2012 at 2:26 am
nemish23 BRONZE, Sydney, Other
2 articles 0 photos 110 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
They just make the most of everything they have."

"Today is life. The only life we're sure of. Make the most of today." -CSI:NY

it's a little too much like twilight for my liking.

but it's great and i can't wait to see you write more!

<3


on Mar. 15 2012 at 7:56 pm
JustKeepFalling GOLD, Byron, New York
18 articles 4 photos 12 comments

Favorite Quote:
“I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.”

Umm I'm sorry?? Haha does that mean you don't like it at all? Or is there a Tinsie part that does?:)

on Mar. 15 2012 at 12:11 pm
Willflower.-.-. BRONZE, Yuma, Arizona
2 articles 0 photos 72 comments

Favorite Quote:
This is us. This is who we are. We demand attention.

Oh Come on! I was starting to like this, but the Twilight reference, YUCK!

on May. 2 2011 at 5:44 am
JustKeepFalling GOLD, Byron, New York
18 articles 4 photos 12 comments

Favorite Quote:
“I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.”

ok thank you. :) I will right more as soon as I can

on Apr. 27 2011 at 7:31 pm
AbbyOliver6 BRONZE, New York, New York
1 article 0 photos 57 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Every cloud has a silver lining" and "I don't get distracted easil-SQUIRREL!"

oh haha. yea, i guess it would be like twilight! but i would really like to read more

on Apr. 27 2011 at 4:56 pm
JustKeepFalling GOLD, Byron, New York
18 articles 4 photos 12 comments

Favorite Quote:
“I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.”

thats how it was originally was but then it just seemed too much like Twilight and I wanted to make something different. ha ha

on Apr. 26 2011 at 6:02 pm
AbbyOliver6 BRONZE, New York, New York
1 article 0 photos 57 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Every cloud has a silver lining" and "I don't get distracted easil-SQUIRREL!"

this is an interesting book. i would really like to read more. just one small suggestion: have her go with Connor