Undead Love and Family | Teen Ink

Undead Love and Family

By brokenheartpoetry16 GOLD, Wolfeboro, New Hampshire
brokenheartpoetry16 GOLD, Wolfeboro, New Hampshire

Dont say you love me unless you really mean it because i might do something crazt like believe it

Author's note: i wrote this story for creative writing about the band Hollywood undead.

They were all sitting around the table having a good time. Jorel, George, and Jordan all are in a band together. Along with Matthew, Danny and Dylan.

Jorel, George, Jordan, Danny, and Dylan are all taking shots when Matthew walked in the door. Curly black hair, slender, and pale, that’s why his alias is Da Kurlzz. He has two tattoos, one on his front and back upper body. He’s late once again to poker. He sits down, the shots stop and the game begins.

Only about twenty minutes in George is already out of money. So, he stands up to leave the table. He is tall, he has on his captain hat. He stretches his arms up and you can see the tattoos on his lower stomach. He has many tattoos that you can not see, on his stomach and chest. He has 3 tattoos on his neck and has full sleeves on both arms. Most of the tattoos are butterflies, because his mom loved butterflies and she is no longer here. The most noticeable tattoo on his neck is the number “3” on his atom’s apple, because the name of his first band was 3 Tears. That is where he got his band alias, Johnny 3 Tears. He has a low scratchy voice. He is the lead singer of the group.

“I’m out. I’m….I’m…. I’m gonna go home to Kasey, she’s probably waiting for me. I think I might get more ink on the way home” he slurred. Everyone else nodded, they are all wasted. No body knew whose turn it was. Dylan soon got up and followed after George to also get a some more ink. Everyone else stayed and played for another hour or so.

George and Dylan both stop by the LA tattoo parlor. George got Kasey’s name tattooed on his chest. Dylan got Jenni’s name on his upper arm. Dylan is Latino and tan. He comes form a rich family. As they were getting their new ink, Dylan was telling drunk jokes the whole time. He’s band alias is Funny Man, even though he really isn’t even that funny in the first place. With their new tattoos George heads home to Kasey. Dylan walked him home and then walked himself home.

George walked in the door and Kasey was sitting on the couch when he came in. She jumped up and hugged him. She didn’t know about the tattoo. Kasey has black hair with a blond streak on the side, slender, blue eyes and is the same age as George.

“Awww sh……” he yelped. Kasey jumped back at his scream of pain. She put both her hands to her mouth. She looked at him wide eyed.

“Oh my god I’m sorry. What’s wrong?” she asked scared but innocently.

“I gots tid a new tattoo on my chest, wanna see?” he wasn’t slurring as bad now. He took off his jacket and took off his shirt. Kasey started to get teary eyed. There was a silence. “Do you like it honey?” he asked curious. She cried tears of joy into her hands.

“I love it” she said quietly. He moved towards her to try and comfort her. She put her hand out and pushed on his stomach to make me step backwards. He put his arms down.
“Why can’t I hug you?” he asked cause he really didn’t know why.

“You’ll hurt yourself, remember” she said pointing to her name that would be permanently on his body.

“I don’t care” She looked up when he said this, confused. “I don’t care if it hurts me, as long as your okay and happy” he explained. He pushed her hand down and came down to her level in the arm of the couch. He ever so gently wrapped his arms around her shoulders and rested his head on the top of hers. After a couple of seconds, she removes her hands from her face and wrapped her arms around his lower torso, below the tattoo.

They both lost their balance and they fell backwards into the couch. They started laughing. George got up and Kasey adjusted herself to lay on the couch correctly. She laid near the edge on her side. She patted to the empty spot behind her. George laid behind Kasey on the couch and wrapped his arms around her. Within five minutes they were asleep.

Over at Dylan’s house, he walked in his house and Jenni hugs him around his abs, he wraps his arms around her head, Jenni is short, she has blonde hair and green eyes.

“How was your day?” Dylan asked, no slurring at all because he can hold his drinks pretty well.

“Good” Jenni pulled away from the hug and got on her tiptoes to kiss him. “I got together with Kasey, Brittani, Cassie and Jessica.” Brittani is Jorel’s girlfriend, Cassie is Jordan’s girlfriend, and Jessica is Danny’s girlfriend. The only person who didn’t have a girlfriend was Matthew.

“Cool, are you ready?” Dylan asked slyly, as he raised an eyebrow.
“Ready for what?” Jenni asked hesitantly. Swift as can be, not caring about the tattoo. He put one of his arms behind the back of her knees and sweeps her legs out from underneath her and caught her with his other arm. Jenni then wraps one of her arms around his neck, as they head upstairs.

He carries her out onto the deck upstairs and before they go out Dylan tells her to close her eyes, she does. He opens the sliding glass door to the deck with his foot and walks outside. Jenni can feel him take two steps up and her butt starts to feel warm. The next thing she knows she is in hot water with Dylan under her. They both come to the surface, Jenni still in his arms. She wipes her face clean and look at Dylan, who is laughing. He didn’t care about the tattoo at the moment because he was so drunk.

“Oh my god! You got us a hot tub” she said surprised and soaked.

“I knew you wouldn’t notice because you never come out on the deck” he was very sly. They both laughed. Jenni stayed in his arms as they sat in the new hot tub.

Twenty minutes later Dylan was still awake but Jenni was asleep. Dylan, with her in his arms, got out of the hot tub, brought her back in the house and put her in the chair in the bedroom. He changed into dry clothes and then changed Jenni into something dry. Dylan then picked her back up, laid her in the bed then he went to lay on the other side and covered up. He turned off the lamp then rolled over and kissed her goodnight. Dylan then cuddled up with Jenni and fell asleep.

The next day George and Dylan met up with Jorel, Jordan, Danny, and Matthew for band practice. Danny and Matthew had headaches from the night before. Everyone else was fine because they can get sober pretty quickly.

The band practiced for about two hours. Then they all decided to go across the street to get some pizza for lunch. They do this everyday during the week. So it was Monday.

They all still drink during the week but not as much as they do during the weekends. After pizza they go back across the street, same cars stop everyday. Band practice for another two hours. Practice ends at three o’ clock.

Jorel heads home after practice. Brittani is sleeping on the couch, the television is on. Jorel goes over and shuts it off.

“I was watching that” Brittani said, her eyes still closed. When she opens her eyes she sees Jorel standing in front of the television. He was staring and smiling back at her. She just looks at him. Tall, gauges in his ears, LA hat on and tattoos all over, except on his neck.

“No you were sleeping” he responded in a sarcastic tone of voice. Brittani sticks her tongue out at him. They both give a muffled laugh. Jorel’s bull dog came up to him, he bent down and patted him on the head. This was the only dog he had left from his old business of breeding and selling bulldogs. That is where his alias comes in, J-Dog, his initials and dog.

“Jorel its been four days. Try again?” Brittani asks innocently. She winks at Jorel.

“Hell yeah” he picks Brittani up and puts her over his shoulder as they go up stairs and Brittani is having a giggle fit the whole way. The door shut up stairs, followed by the sounds of Mario Brothers.

“Oh Damn I lost again” Brittani exclaims. There is a thud as she tosses the controller.

“Its okay. Maybe we can try in another four days” There are sounds of running around followed by the sound of creaky springs, they had jumped on the bed. The sounds of giggling faded and silence filled the house.

Over at Jordan’s house, Cassie is outside, out back in the pool. She was laying on one of those floating rafts, sun glasses on, he hair in a ponytail to the side, black and purple stripped bikini. She is very slender and tan. She has a tattoo also, a tramp stamp, it’s a heart with devil wings.

Jordan snuck up to the edge of the pool, takes off his shirt, he has abs and a few tattoos on his chest, back, arms, and fingers. One of his really better tattoos is the one os his alias in the band, Charlie Scene. Ever so quietly he takes off his shoes, socks, pants, hat and sunglasses. He is wearing his boxers as swim trunks. Jordan takes a few steps back, runs and jumps into the pool directly behind Cassie, soaking her. She looks around to see who it was, even though she already knew. Next thing she knows, Jordan is under her floatie pushing up and she flips over. She comes to the surface to see Jordan laughing. Cassie gets up to go leave the pool. She is not happy.

Jordan is able to take a hold of her sides and pull her back down. “Don’t go hun” he said really not wanting her to go.

“No. That wasn’t funny Jordan” struggling to get out of the pool but Jordan still had her sides.

“I’m sorry hun” he pulls her back down to him. “I’m sorry” he kisses her “I love you” kisses her again

“Fine” she says kissing him back. Then she pushed Jordan’s head under the water and they stayed in the pool and play around like kids for a little while.

Practice goes as usual. Everyone goes home. Danny goes home to see Jessica sitting on the couch watching the four o’ clock news. She hadn’t noticed Danny had walked in the door. He stands there for a moment and admires Jessica. He is so happy she is his forever. She has an athletic body, light brown hair and blue eyes.

Danny is also very athletic, he has the band logo tattooed on the back of his hand. All the band member have the band logo tattooed on them somewhere. He goes up behind Jessica and tilts her head back and kisses her forehead.

“Danny have you seen the news?” she sounded worried.

“No, why? What’s going on?” How he was curious. He sits down next to Jessica and puts his arm around her waist. The news broadcaster starts to talk.

“Just be on the look out for Michael Williams, the escaped convict from Los Angeles. He escaped about four hours ago. If you come across him beware. He is considered highly dangerous. He is mostly known for theft of vehicles. Michael has also been charged with assault with a deadly weapon. He has also been known to target women. So if--” Jessica shuts off the television.

“Wow, I’m scared” Jessica said as a single tear rolled down her cheek. Danny hugged her tightly.

“It’s okay. There are thousands of people and cars in LA. I highly doubt he will try and find you, or take your car. He is just running. He’s crazy”

Now it was Wednesday. Practice goes like normal, pizza, then back to practice. Matthew goes home, he lives alone. So he just goes home and puts on a movie, Jackass 3. He laughs easily, so during the whole movie he was just about dying from laughter.

Thursday, the first two hours of practice went really well. Jordan had written a new song the night before and the band started to add a beat. It was coming along fantastic. They were getting ready to cross the street at the same time they usually do, twelve o’ clock. Only today something was different, there were no cars. Dylan looks down to one end of the road and sees police have set up a blockade. Jorel looked down the other way and it was the same thing.

They still waited for the walk signal. They started to cross and got about half way when they heard tires squealing, they all jumped. Coming from around the corner was a black car, Danny thought he recognized the man, he did, it was the escaped convict with about six cops trying to catch him. It was a chase. They all didn’t know what to do. The convict was coming at them so fast the had a split second to react. They thought they had plenty of room for the black car and all six cop cars to go by. As the black car approached, at the last second he swerved. They all jumped fearing they would be hit and covert their eyes with their hands.
They could hear all the police cars screeching to a stop. Why did they stop? They uncover their eyes to see, their best friend, lead singer, George had been struck by the black car.

By the time the rest of the band members got to their wounded friend, paramedics were all ready on scene. He was alive, there was only one apparent injury, his left leg was broken. There was blood coming out of his mouth. The paramedics helped him onto a stretcher and into the ambulance. George could only have one person in the ambulance with him, he chose Dylan. As the paramedics shut the doors you could hear him faintly yell “Call Kasey”. The paramedics were examining him in the ambulance, come to find out he also had whip lash, a concussion, road rash and many lacerations all over his body.

Within ten minutes he was at the hospital. The doctors were examining his wounds. His heart beat was shallow. Jorel had done what George had asked, he had gotten Kasey, she was in tears. She didn’t know what the expect when she saw him. She walked into the room and saw her boyfriend, soul mate, on a hospital bed, still in a neck brace. There was blood and a lot of it. It looked like he had been to hell and back.

The doctors had to set up emergency surgery to save his leg and life. His surgery was done in 2 days. That was the day Kasey could finally see him for more than two seconds, bandaged up the best the doctors could. Now he only needed to go to physical therapy.

He was in recovery for two weeks. George was stubborn, he refused to let the nurses give him his food, so Kasey did. She would give him his food, he would always eat very little or nothing at all. Kasey was there with him though every step he took and every obstacle that he faced. He had to use a wheelchair for about two weeks after recovery, He was still in so much pain.

On April 6th, George and Kasey went out for dinner. It has been 6 weeks since he got hit by a car. He could still barely bend his leg. Dinner was going fine.

“Kasey, I want to ask you something…. I want you to do me a favor”

“Yes. Anything” she nodded holding his hands across the table. Before he could say anything his face was in his plate. Kasey didn’t know what to do. She called 911. The ambulance came and took him back to the hospital. Kasey wasn’t far behind them.

“What’s wrong with him?” she asked very worried.

“Well, has much has he been eating?

“I’m not sure why?”

“He’s very small for his age and weight. He has lost most of his weight. He is very weak and weary.” Kasey could not believe what she was just told.

“Can I see him?” she asked

“If you want to but if he doesn’t eat soon and enough and keep it up. He might not make it. Not even through the night because he is so weak. His breathing is shallow and slow. If you want to see him, he is in the third room on the left”. She went in and saw him laying there in bed, awake.

“Hi hun” Kasey said innocently.

“Can you do me that favor now?” he asked, weak.

“On one condition”

“But I haven’t even asked you yet”

“I know” Kasey responded, not caring that she didn’t know what it was yet..

“Okay”

“Will you please eat more, even if your not hungry. I wont be able to live without you. We need to be together forever” Kasey said taking his hand in hers.

“Agreed” George got up out of the bed un plugged himself from all the machine. The machines went flat lined.

“Are you crazy? Sit down” Kasey begged.

“Yeah a little bit, but Kasey….” He got down on one knee, using his still hurting leg, he steadied himself. He held onto the bed with one had and then spoke. “Ow… Kasey” looking up at her eyes holding her left hand and removes his other hand from the bed frame. “ I do wanna be with you forever. I couldn’t even think of leaving you alone. Will you marry me?” he asked placing a ring on her finger, the ring his mother gave to him, she told him to give it someone very special in his life. That was Kasey.

She was speechless. “Yes” George got up and wrapped his arms around her and kissed her forehead.

They decided to have the wedding on June 24th, George’s birthday. It wasn’t a very big wedding. The colors were most definitely not traditional. Kasey’s dress was black, purple and red. George had a black tux with a black tie and a red shirt. George had five groomsmen, Jordan, Danny, Matthew, Jorel and Dylan was the best man, . Kasey had four brides maids, Brittani, Cassie, Jessica and Jenni was the maid of honor

In the two month they had to set up the wedding, they got everything perfect. There was not one white decoration to be seen. Not even on the cake. The cake was three tiers tall. The cake was covered with black frosting with red and purple flowers and vines.
The ceremony took place at one o’ clock. The reception was at two thirty and it was held at the banquet hall. The song they had chosen to play, George and his band had wrote, was S.C.A.V.A., its not a lovey dovey mushy song either. As they danced alone, because it was the bride and groom dance only, George was singing the words into her ear. “As blue as the sky, I see all of this meaning; I reach up to god and I ask if im dreaming.”

While George and Kasey were dancing a girl names Vanessa walks up behind Matthew and introduced herself. She said how she had listened to a few of their songs. By the end of the night, they were together.

George had kept his favor of eating more. By the time their wedding came, he was back to his normal weight. Also during the two month between the favors made and the wedding, George and his band got signed to a record label. You might know them now as Hollywood Undead.

After the wedding, George and Kasey went on their honey moon to Hawaii. They returned to LA. George and his band started to make their first album, or at least more songs to put on it. The day their album hit stores worldwide Danny proposed to Jessica, by then it was October. Within one and a half weeks their album was number one on the charts. On that day Dylan proposed to Jenni and they got married on Jenni’s birthday. They also honeymooned in Hawaii.

When Dylan and Jenni got back, they were surprised to find that Jordan had proposed to Cassie like he had been planning to do for over a year. They had a more secluded wedding. Jordan was more of a quiet guy, until it came to singing on stage. Him and Cassie honey mooned in New Hampshire, a small state in the North east.

When the new year came around their band had been signed to start a tour. The tours would take four months to complete. They stayed within the US. In the four months during the tour, Kasey found out some very interesting news. It was the end of a concert in New Mexico, they all got back to the hotel.

“George”

“Yesssss” he was drunk.

“Ummmm, well, remember the new years ever party?”

“Yesssss” he slurred out

“I took a test”

“Ok”

“Positive”

“What?!” he was shocked. He passed out, either from being drunk tired or shocked. Kasey just let him sleep.

In the morning, well, afternoon he woke up to the smell of bacon and eggs. He sits up on the couch and Kasey walks into the room.

“Morning sunshine” she greeted in a sarcastic tone. He is sitting there rubbing his temples and head.

“I had a really weird dream”

“Was it me telling you we’re gonna have a little baby George”

“I wasn’t dreaming was I?” he knew

“Nope” Kasey smiled.

“Oh my god” he exclaimed and jumped from the couch, picked up Kasey with a hug and swung her around, yet being careful if little George.

It is March and it is time for one of the concerts to begin. They all get dressed up in their outfits and put on their masks. Each member has their own mask that they have had personalized. They did not go by their real names on stage, they went by their alias’s, Johnny 3 Tears, Funny Man, J-Dog, Danny, Da Kurlzz, and Charlie Scene. None of their masks were alike, Johnny 3 Tears mask is blue, with a butterfly over one eye and a big number 3 on the other. Funny Man’s is just black with the Hollywood Undead Army badge on it. They are the main two people who sing everything except the chorus. Danny’s mask is gold plated with a cross over one of his eyes. He is the one who sings almost every single chorus in the songs. J-Dog’s mask is one of the more intense. The eyes holes look like they have been burn by a cigarette and there is a dollar bill where the mouth is. J-Dog sings the more intense parts. Da Kurlzz mask is white with a half happy face and half sad face. He plays the electronic drums. Their friend Biscuits plays the real drum set. Charlie Scene does not have a actual mask. He wears a bandana with his name on it and a design. He plays the guitar and has quite a few solo part now and again.

Before they go on stage they all get pumped by jumping around. They all file on to stage and the music begins with their first song the had produced, Undead. “I see you duck you little punk you little F*&^ing disease” They take a small break in between each song.

The most popular song that everyone in the crowd knows is called Everywhere I Go. “Wake up, grab beer, grab rear, shave beard, put on some scene gear, gotta get drunk before my mom wakes up, break up with my girlfriend so I can bang sluts. Im undead, unfed, been sleeping in bunk beds since ten, so If I don’t booze it im gonna lost it everybody get to it, do it, get ruined”

After they plat about seven more songs they like to play a little trick on the crowd where they go off stage and make them think that show is over, however it is not. The come back out on stage and almost always finish with the song called No. 5. “I’m about to serve it up for all you party goers, scene kids, meat heads, alkies, stoners” They use very explicit language.

The tours had one month left. The band, with their girlfriends and wives, they reached the hotel in Florida. Everyone else except for Matthew and his new girlfriend Vanessa.

By the time everyone was all settled in the hotel rooms. Matthew and Vanessa came in smiling. Vanessa ran to the girls, showing them her hand. Matthew went over to the guys.

“About time dude”, Jorel exclaimed patting him on the back.

“I know right!” Matthew responded. Vanessa then came over to the guys and put her hand in the middle of the group.

“Isn’t it beautiful?” she exclaimed. All the guys nodded in agreement. She wrapped her arms around Matthew and kissed him on the cheek.

Now at the end of the tour, it was April. It has been over a year since the car hit George. He is perfectly healthy, only a scar, and not even a limp.

It was June now. They don’t have a show tonight, so Jessica and Danny spent the whole day at the beach, the ocean. They were in the water, just fooling around, acting like kids. They kept going out farther and farther. Jessica went out farther when the next thing she knows, she was under the water. The undertow had pulled her out further than she wanted to go.

She got a sharp pain in her leg. By the time she started yelling for help, the lifeguard and Danny were already to her. They dragged her onto the beach. She had been bitten by a tiger shark. She had a big chunk of her leg missing, it was barely hanging on. The lifeguard called an ambulance, after he tied a scarf around her leg above the wound to slow the blood flow. She passed out from losing so much blood.

They reached the hospital in about fifteen minutes. But by the time they reached the hospital it was too late, she had died of blood lose. Danny was not in the ambulance with her because there was not enough room. He was in the waiting room pacing when the doctor came out. “Danny?” he asked, his voice was grim.

“Is she okay?” Danny asked right off not even giving the doctor time to think. The doctor looked down.

“Not quite” The doctor couldn’t look at him in the face. There was a silence that no one ever wanted to feel. “She didn’t make it through the ride here……. I’m sorry”. Danny was silent for a moment, staring at the doctor, trying to make the words go away. In a frenzy, he screamed and flipped over all the chairs and tables in the waiting room. He punched a hole in the whole, then fell to the carpet and cried, there was blood from his hand.

The doctor went and grabbed some gauze, medical tape, and an ace wrap. He offered to wrap up his hand, but he refused to be treated at all. He sat there for a while. The doctor took the liberty of calling George and Dylan. Once they had heard what had happened they were over there in a heartbeat. When the entered the hospital the doctor directed them to the waiting room. Danny hadn’t moved from his spot on the floor. George and Dylan went over to him, stooped down to his level and picked his head up. This is the first time they have ever seen him cry. “She’s gone man” he began to cry more “She’s gone.” George took his head and put it to his chest and wrapped his arms around him, squeezing tightly.

“It’s okay buddy, we’re gonna get through this together. She might not have been my wife but she like a sister to me” Danny began to cry harder. After twenty minutes, Danny got up off the floor, Dylan and George walked him to their car. They didn’t feel that he was stable enough to drive, without doing something stupid.

They still had band practice but it wasn’t very productive. Until one day Danny didn’t show up for practice. This was not like him at all. Jorel and Jordan decide to go his house and see if he was okay. When they get there they knocked on the door, there was no answer. The door was unlocked so they went in. Everything was off, they found him sitting on the couch. He had something is his hands, it belonged to Jessica.

He heard the door shut and looked behind him to see Jorel and Jordan standing in the door way. He turned back to what he was holding in his hands. Jorel and Jordan went over to him. “Hey buddy, are you ok?” They were very concerned, they have never seen him like this before.

“I don’t know what to do. I feel lost” Danny spoke without looking up from the object he had in his hands. Jorel looked down at Danny’s hands to see what he was messing around with, Jessica’s wedding ring. He started to cry. Jordan left the room and came back with paper and a pen. He set it on the table in front of Danny.

“Write. Just write all the feelings you have right now. Make it into a songs. More than one song. Dan you can’t keep this feelings bottled up. You need to express yourself.” Danny picked up the pen and started to write.

He brought what he had written to band practice the next day. He had written three full songs, The Loss, Knife Called Lust, and Sell Your Soul. The songs express exactly how he felt.

The first song, The Loss went like this “I just wanna say goodbye, disappear with no one knowing” The second, Knife Called Lust, “And I fall to the ground with my tear drops and I get lost every time my heart stops”. The third, Sell Your Soul, “My heartbeat stumbles and my backbone crumbles”, became on of their most famous songs. It was number one on the charts for three weeks.

September, back at the hospital after seven hours of labor, little baby George was born. Everyone was at the hospital.

Kasey considered all of them her family. George went up to one of the nurses with a camera “Can you please take a picture of the family?” he asked handing her the camera to them.

“Wait” Kasey says. She signals for everyone to be in the photo.

“No, no, no…” they all said.

“No come one you guys. You are my family. Without you this picture wont be perfect” They all get in the picture. Click. Now that pictures hangs in the tours bus, the first Hollywood Undead kid, right under the picture of Jessica at her wedding.