Stuck on You | Teen Ink

Stuck on You

By iFrankie GOLD, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
iFrankie GOLD, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

"You only live once"
"Save yourself from all the lies of the beautiful people"

I had a different cover for my books but, I didn't know how to use my own image.

Sitting here in this cold bathroom waiting, simply waiting had to be one of the scariest moments of my life. Only a few more seconds and I would know. I would know whether my life was going to forever change or if it would stay the same. I’d done this more than once, but I still can’t believe it. How I wished my life would stay the same. Stay simple; stay just like it was now. A few seconds later and there it was the dreaded word. With a huge sigh I read the word aloud to myself hoping it would sink in properly. “Pregnant.” I breathed with a sigh unlike any other. How could it be that one night of pure bliss and love would result in me Ophelia Akira Young, pregnant. How? It was one night. I was always the one to say it’ll never happen to me. I was way off base. It happened and it happened to me. Now what do I do. I’m seventeen years old and I had my whole life ahead of me. I’m going to college with a cheerleading scholarship. I’m going to be a doctor. I have everything going for me and now I’m pregnant? Now how am I supposed to follow my dreams and get a good career? In this economy I have to find a good job. I can’t get a good job if I’m working part time to take care of a child and my school and I definitely can’t cheer while pregnant. My only hope is my parents will help and that my boyfriend, Logan, would stay with me. With another heavy sigh I threw the test in the trash, flushing the toilet. I took a look at myself in the mirror before washing my hands and heading out into the darkness of my room. The sun would be up soon; it was after all around six in the morning. There was no point in trying to catch the last precious minutes of sleep. Going back to my bathroom I took a soothing warm shower. How relaxing it was to feel the warm water running down my body washing the dirt of night away and down the drain. Mere minutes later I was in my room changing into, not my best, clothes I could grab; a simple white shirt over a black tank top with gray sweatpants and plain white slip-on’s. Putting my hair in a messy ponytail with minimal makeup I was off downstairs to tell my parents of the news. My footsteps echoed through the house that would soon be bustling with the sounds of even more feet going from here to there. Once in the kitchen I fixed myself a nice cold bowl of cereal waiting for my parents to awaken from there almost corpse like sleep. Soon their steps echoed throughout the house; the slow, tired steps of working adults heading to showers and closets. The sound of a shower starting and stopping and the open and close of a closet soon entered my ears; my cue to empty my bowl and put it in the sink. Getting up I set my bowl in the sink running water in it, filling it completely. The sound of steps coming down the stairs startled me. They never finished so fast in the morning. This must mean they were having a good day, which was a great thing since most days were filled with arguments and cars heading out. “Good morning Ophelia” was the next thing I heard. The great sound of my mother’s voice, the cheerfulness in her voice as she greeted me. Even on the worst days her voice still chimed with an energetic loving way. “Morning mom.” I greeted her back. “I need to talk to you and dad before I leave for school.” my mother nodded to me as she and my father sat at the table. “I’m not going to sugar coat this since I don’t sugar coat much of anything.” I said first preparing them for the not so pleasant news of my pregnancy. “I’m pregnant.” I said flatly choking up a bit but making sure to keep my composure. My parents looked at me without expression. They didn’t look at all surprised or angry. My mother was the first to speak. “How far along are you.” she asked me. I answered her with a simple “six months” my father just nodding then going to the kitchen. “Will Logan be staying with you?” my mother asked me getting up as well and starting her cup of coffee. “I’m not sure mom I’ll be telling him today at school.” I answered her going to get my backpack. “So I better get going.” I told her heading to my car grabbing my keys on the way out. Telling them was easy enough so telling Logan should be much easier. Logan was a more accepting guy than most and since my parents took it so well he should take it well. I hopped in my car throwing my bag in the passenger seat before heading off to school.
**

“Logan get up!” my mother yelled for about the sixth time. “I’m up I’m up.” I whined rolling over and checking the time. I had a whole hour before I had to leave I’d be fine. I sighed knowing she wouldn’t stop until she knew for a fact I was up. Getting up I moved into my bathroom taking a shower. A few minutes later I hopped out drying off and looking in the mirror. At least I didn’t look like a wreck. I chuckled at myself in the mirror laying my towel on the counter and going back to my room to change. I changed into some comfortable clothes hoping my mom wouldn’t make me get all dressed up. The dressy clothes were horrible and very uncomfortable. I turned on my radio; it still had my Antic Café CD in it. I sat down smiling and started doing my hair. I pretty much loved Antic Café and got most of my hair ideas from one of them. It took me a whole thirty minutes to do my hair turning my radio back off I was out my door and down the stairs to eat my breakfast. My mom greeted me with a kiss my father greeting me with a simple nod. That was all I usually got from him. A nod. I never let it bother me at least he knew he had a son. I sat down at the table and ate my breakfast as fast as I could without being too obvious. After I was done I ran back up the stairs to brush my teeth and I was back out the door. This time I went out the front door. I got in my car and headed to school. I was super excited to see Ophelia. I hadn’t seen her all weekend, which rarely happened. With the school in site a smile came across my face and I pulled into the parking lot.
**

All in all school was a ten-minute drive away from my house. Once there I parked in the nearest spot to the building grabbing my bag and getting out locking the doors. I walked into the building going through the metal detectors and heading to my locker. I threw my bag in my locker grabbing the only books I needed for my first class. The only books I needed were for my history class. A hand soon covered my eyes and a light whisper filled my ears. “Good-morning beautiful.” the soft voice of my dear Logan greeting me filled my ears. I turned to look at him greeting him with a small kiss. His eyes looked down on me sparkling brightly. His eyes looked as if a million stars lived in his eyes. “My dear Logan I have to tell you some news.” I said to him looking into his eyes watching the smile slowly fade from his face. “Yes.” was all he replied standing straight looking at me with worry. “I’m pregnant.” I told him waiting his face change to disbelief. “How?” he asked me. I knew he knew how it happened he was just in shock. The news would have to settle with him. “My parents already know and they’re fine.” I told him. He relaxed a bit and nodded. “Okay then.” he said to me back to his cool relaxed self. Soon it was time for us to head to our different classes. Kissing him quickly I turned to head to my class, he to his. I sat in the back left desk as the tardy bell rang. Now he knew, my parents knew, the last ones to tell would be his parents. I was not sure how they would take it for they were stricter than mine were. The teacher soon turned taking role before starting the lesson. We were studying the Middle East; today all note taking. How could I possibly take notes with so much buzzing through my head? It wasn’t exactly possible. Then again I must do something to keep my mind off my current situation. So before I knew it I was taking notes on the hardships of the Middle East. Sometime later the bell rang signaling us to go to our second class of the day. With that I was out of the room and to my locker then off to my math class in less then two minutes. Math was my least favorite subject of all time. I did fine in it, but I hated all the numbers. We were now half way through our math book, which was a great site. It meant we were now half way through the year. The half way mark was always a great site. After the bell rang I headed to my science class skipping my locker considering the fact that I didn’t need anything for the class. We were doing a lab today so no supplies were needed. Going to sit in my assigned seat I grabbed some goggles and an apron so I wouldn’t get any chemicals on my clothes. Not that it would have mattered these were my lazy clothes after all. Soon my best friend came in sitting next to me; us now lab partners. Amy Kurex and me had met in the first grade and had been inseparable ever since. With a smile she greeted me with a hug and I greeted her with the news. She smiled from ear to ear “Oh Ophelia how great is that.” she said happily. All I could do was simply smile at her. She could always make even the worst news great. That’s what I had always loved about her. The bell rang signaling us to be quiet and do the lab for the day. Amy and I always finishing first began gossiping about the news clicks, couples, boys, and more. Having no silent spots without our conversation and an A on that day’s lab. The bell rang and we both headed to our lockers meeting back up in our English class; English being Amy’s worst subject and one of my best. I as always finished my assignment first. Amy sat on the other side of the room than me so unfortunately I had no one to talk to so instead I got out a book I had been reading. It was an informational book on wolves. I waited reading her book quietly. Once I reached the halfway point in her book the bell rang. It saddened me that the bell just had to ring when the book started getting book. Then again I did have lunch next so it wasn’t so bad. I headed to my locker throwing my stuff in it and meeting up with Amy and Logan for our lunch. Amy smiled at Logan punching him lightly at how he was going to be a dad. He just smiled and nodded to her wrapping his arms around me. Amy smiled at us. “Well at least your going to stay most guys would probably bolt.” she said with a smile. I smiled along with her. It was great that Logan was going to stay. I don’t know how I’d raise this child on my own. It would be so much hard work with us together let alone with me on my own. There would be no way I would be a single parent. We all ate our lunches; mine consisting of an apple and a salad. I always ate small lunches but then again a big dinner. So I always made up for it with my dinners. We all sat and chatted about life, me being pregnant, and other things. Lunch was over before we knew it, always ending it before it should. With a sigh we all departed heading to our separate classes. I was soon in my band class, my favorite class. Drums were what I knew I was a natural at it. The sound of them as I hit them one after another to create a song to create music. It was a great feeling. For me it was better than flying. Before I knew it I was on my way to culinary class. I loved culinary class. I learned to cook some of the best desserts with the weirdest names I’d ever seen. Best of all I got to keep the recipes so I could make them again and again until I was sick of them. With a smile the bell rang and we all began making wedding cakes. When classes done so was my cake. A three tier white cake with hand crafted chocolate flowers and sequins. As the bell rang I happily ran to her cheer class, the last class of the day, before I could fall on my bed and happily rest my aching body. I ran to the locker rooms quickly putting on my clothes and running to the field. I smiled happily as we all began practicing our cheers and learning new routines. Everything fell into place as we learned move after move and landed each one of them. As we all went back to the locker room to change I glanced at my belly turning to the side a bit. Soon my flat stomach would be bigger with a small life living inside of my. I put on my clothes and headed out. Logan greeted me outside the school doors. With a smiled I turned giving him a quick kiss. He smiled at me and headed to his car. He had work after school so he always left as soon as we said goodbye. I on the other hand went home to finish my homework before heading to my part-time job at the near-by Starbucks. As I reached work I parked in the back clocking in before moving to the cashier. “How may I help you today.” I said to the customer. This would be a long day at work. From now to about eight, then home for dinner, and to bed. I headed home at eight-thirty and made it home just in time for dinner. My mom had already made my plate, with double portions if I may add. She said it was for the baby but seriously I just found out today I was pregnant and she’s already telling me to eat right and eat more so the baby will get it’s nutrition. The woman was crazy I swear but own well what can a girl do. It’s not like I picked my family. I finished my plate; even the double portioned part and headed up to bed changing before crashing to the soft mattress. I pulled the sheets up to my chin the soft satin like sheets falling down on me. My room was cold my bed warm and cozy just how I liked it. Before I knew it I was asleep dreaming of the next day and the days to come.
**

I couldn’t believe my day. As I drove to work I couldn’t stop thinking of those two words that she had said to me. “I’m pregnant.” They echoed in my head over and over again. How could that possibly have happened? Yeah I know how babies happened but we had been so careful. “Guess we weren’t careful enough.” I muttered to myself. I hit my steering wheel almost veering into the other lane. I wasn’t mad at her I was just worried. I didn’t know how we were going to take care of a baby. Another thing that worried me was what my mom would say. She was so what’s the word? Oh yeah, protective and well, crazy. She didn’t want me to have kids early and she really didn’t want me to be with Ophelia. She didn’t like Ophelia and I really don’t know why. I love her to death. Then again my mom wanted me to marry Ms. Einstein. Ophelia wasn’t Einstein but she was my girl and that’s all that mattered. As I neared my work I let out a sigh. It wasn’t a great job but I guess it was fun. I got to put neat designs on cars. I pulled into my parking spot killing my car and hopping out. I went through the back clocking in a few minutes before my actual work time. I went over to my supervisor and he pointed me over to a black Nissan 350z. I smiled this would be fun.

I woke up around six o’clock. First to the sound of my alarm clock, second to my mother playing Kid Cudi Day and Night throughout the house. My mom strangely enough listened to more twenty first century music than I did. It was odd seeing a 32-year-old woman who looked 18 rocking out to hip-hop and things of that sort. I stretched, wiping the sleep from my eyes and getting up to take a quick shower. It was Friday, finally. Hoping in the shower I washed my hair getting the grease and grime from that nights sleep. Stepping out I dried my hair quickly throwing it into a messing bun, stray hairs sticking up haphazardly throughout it. I sighed as the steam left the mirror making me visible to my eyes. Skipping my makeup I went to my room throwing some sweat pants on and a plain light blue shirt that was about two sizes to big. It was short sleeved so I would probably be taking a hoodie too. Today would be my lazy day. Throwing on my closest shoes, which happened to me my Nikes, I made my way downstairs. I greeted my mom with a tired hello. She turned giving me the perky wake up grin and all but screamed good-morning to me. I had to chuckle. I got a bowl of cereal like I always did sitting down in the chair munching on my cereal. My father looked up at me asking if I thought cereal was good for the baby. I looked up with a look that said it all. It probably said something along the lines of oh please I’m what six months along. I really doubted the baby cared right about now. Now when my baby was finally here, yes I would feed her much better. Finishing my cereal I put my bowl in the sink and headed out.
**

I rolled over to the sound of my mother beating on my door. “Get up now boy!” she screamed. “Fine just go away!” I yelled. I heard her take in a breath at my comment then heard her walk off. I chuckled. She took everything offensively and it was incredible pathetic. I hopped up getting the shower taking another quick shower. I dried off brushing my teeth. I let my hair air dry and walked out to my room putting on some sweat pants and a white t-shirt. I looked in the mirror. “Nah” I said to myself. “Not even going to do my hair today.” I chuckled and walked downstairs grabbing a piece of toast and headed to the door. “Aren’t you going to sit down and eat with your family!” my mother yelled after me. “No I’m going to go pick up Ophelia!” I yelled back shutting the door before she could answer. I didn’t even want to hear her comment it would be mean and hateful anyway. So there was honestly no point in listening to it. I hopped in my car and headed to Ophelia’s house. I was at her house in less than five minutes. A new record I thought killing the car and waiting.
**

To my surprise Logan was sitting in my driveway waiting for me. With a smile I ran to his car hopping in giving him a kiss. He pulled me in closer to him for a mini make out session in the car. I laughed pulling away. “We’re going to be late if we don’t get going.” I said setting my backpack in the floorboard. He chuckled. “Oh fine.” he said backing out of my driveway and heading in the direction of school. We got there just in time to go through the metal detector and head to our lockers. The bell rang just as I shut my locker and we departed and headed to our separate classes. His on the east side of the school, mine on the west. I ran to my first hour stepping in just as the tardy bell rang. With a relieved sigh I sat down in my seat in the back getting out my notes to start another long and boring day at school. As school ended and I head out of the building all but dragging my feet from a hard and physically demanding cheer practice Amy jumped in front of me a bag of giggles like always. “O-O-Ophelia!” she said continuing to jump back and forth. I couldn’t help it she was just to funny I let out a small laugh. “Hey Amy.” I said hugging her so she would stop jumping. “You have to take a chill pill sometime.” I said letting her go. She laughed at me. “Yeah right.” We started talking about plans for the weekend as we headed to the parking lot. Logan soon ran up behind me wrapping his arms around my waist. “Hey beautiful.” he said kissing the side of my head. “Why thank you.” Amy replied to him jokingly. It was great having your best friend and your boyfriend get along. “So what are you guys doing later today?” Amy asked us, Logan’s car now in site. “We’re going to break the news to my parents.” Logan said a little worried. I smiled grimly. “Yeah we’re both a bit worried, scared, on edge you know what I mean?” T said to Amy. Amy nodded. “Hell yeah girl I know what you mean I would have already dug my grave my now.” she laughed trying to lighten the mood a bit. It didn’t work. She did try so hard to make moods more happy when things were going wrong but I couldn’t bare to tell her she failed every time. Although I’m sure she knew. Logan grabbed my hand. “We should get going Ophelia,” he said smiling at me. “Before you wind up being late for work. You know my parents are going to be flipping out.” I turned to Amy hugging her tightly. “If I die tonight Amy you can have all of my belongings.” I told her. She laughed lightly, “I will throw myself dramatically onto your casket I promise Ophelia my dear.” she said dramatically hugging me tightly. I laughed hoping to make Amy feel better as well as Logan and myself. I turned to walk with Logan to his car. We hopped in the car heading to his house. We pulled in his driveway and just started up at his house, neither of us wanting to move, neither of us wanting to face his parents. His parents were tough on him. They had already planned out his whole life for him. He was suppose to finish high school with all straight A’s, go to college straight out of high school. He was told to go to Harvard or Yale or something like that, community college was not an option for him. They had absolutely hated it when he had found Logan. When they had become best friends and especially when they got together. I on the other hand was going to community college after graduating high school with probably A’s and B’s and having a cheer scholarship to help me if I decided to go to a bigger collage. I wasn’t a genius and I wasn’t the perfect girl like his parents wanted him to be with. They wanted him to find a girl from the same college as he was attending. They wanted a girl that had a bright future with big money and a good family, in other words rich parents. They always put on a great face when talking with my parents and I but I wasn’t stupid I knew that they were secretly judging us. They were always secretly pointing out imperfections and nit picking the things wrong with our family. Logan had told me before how his parents had told him to leave me. To move on or they would disown him but they never did and he stayed with me through it all. I looked at him smiling. He looked so nervous like he used to when we were little. When he was nervous he would always stare without blinking. You would have to literally shake your hand in front of his face to make him snap out of it. I ran my hand in front of his face seeing him blink then look at me. “Should we go in?” he asked. I knew he didn’t want to go. This would only make our relationship harder. I looked at him with a sigh, “Yes Logan we have to go in. We can’t live out here in your driveway forever.” I smiled at him hoping he’d feel better. “We could try,” he said jokingly. I chuckled. “And what have the baby in the car. I think not.” I laughed opening my door and stepping out. At the rate we were going I was going to be late for work no matter what we did. He got out of the car grabbing my hand as we walked up to the front door. He sighed as we reached the door and walked in. “Mom! Dad!” he yelled. “We need to talk to you!” I heard footsteps and then his mom appeared in the doorway to the living room. She was a rather tall slender woman. About five foot seven and pale as a ghost. She was dressed to the nines in a red dress that hit her mid thigh with a pair of blood red pumps her long blonde hair wrapped up in a bun. “We’re in here darling,” she said smiling that smile that let me know she was not pleased to see me but very pleased to see her son. Logan squeezed signaling me to relax. We walked into the living room seeing his father sitting in his Lazy Boy recliner. He too was dressed to the nines. He was wearing a black tuxedo his hair nicely brushed down and off to the side. He was reading the paper with a pipe in his mouth. He looked up from the paper setting his pipe down. “Yes son what do you need to tell us.” he said setting the paper on his legs. Logan walked us to the couch both of us sitting down to where we were facing them both. “Well mom, dad, you know how much I love Ophelia.” he said to them. “Well she is pregnant.” he sighed, as their eyes grew wide. “Now before you go frea"“ he started, but unfortunately his mother beat him to the punch. “Logan Kade Fleming!” she screamed rising from her previous seated position. “How could you do this to your family!” she screamed turning her eyes to me. “It was you!” she screamed pointing her finger at me. “You did this! You seduced my poor son into your sick twisted ways! You got yourself pregnant so you could keep him in your grasp! Well you thought wrong! He will not be staying with you!” she screamed at me. I knew she was moments from slapping me to death. “Shut up!” Logan screamed rising to look down at his mother. Her five foot seven had nothing on his six foot one. She looked straight at him. “What did you say,” she threatened. “I do believe I said shut up mother,” he said glaring at her. “You do not ever talk to Ophelia like that again. She has put up with you and dads crap for five years and frankly mother I’m sick of it! I’m sick of you treating her like she’s nothing but a bug under your red Louis Vuitton pump!” he screamed at her looking down at her. He had never done this before. He’d never blown up like this especially with his mother, but then again she’d never exactly said such things to me. I couldn’t help but smile a bit looking over at his father. His father’s face had remained unchanged. Which in all honest worried me. His father slowly rose from his seat. “Logan sit down you as well honey,” he said as Logan sat down next to me as his mother sat back in her chair. “Okay.” his father said in a steady voice. “How far along.” he asked me. “I’m about six months along sir.” I told him touching my stomach. “Okay, will you be staying in school.” he asked. “Yes and I still plan on going to college.” I told him as he went to sit back in his chair. “Don’t get me wrong I am not at all happy about this, but there isn’t a thing we can do to change what has happened.” he looked to Logan. “What do you plan on doing,” he asked his son. “Well dad what do you think. I love her and I’m not leaving her.” he glanced to his mother then back to his father. “We plan on having this baby. Working hard to get through high school and then to college. We do not plan on losing our baby, but giving it the best life we can possibly give it,” he said smiling at me. His father “Spoken like a true man.” he smiled at his son. His mother was still glaring at me. “Will you stop giving her that look mother it’s really starting to piss me off,” he said looking over at her. His mother got up leaving the room. “I will not take this from mere children.” she said before leaving. Logan stood up as well grabbing my hand and pulling me up. “We’ll be leaving now so mother can blow off some steam. My guess the therapist or the massage palace.” he walked to the front door. His father telling us good-bye before we walked out the door and back to his car.
**

As we walked out the door I couldn’t help but thinking about how rude my mother is. She did this all the time but this was the worst freak out she’d had. Of course I’d never had to say that Ophelia was pregnant either. I still didn’t think she had to act so hostile about it. Shit happens and it just happened to happen to Ophelia and me. Although I would not call our child a “mistake” per say. Yes we didn’t plan on having kids right now but hey we’d do our best. Our child was a surprise not a mistake and I would much have had Ophelia tell me she was pregnant than something like she was leaving me. The child was more of a relief. I was actually becoming a little excited with every passing minute. I walked up back to the car opening the doors and hopping in. When Ophelia sat down I looked at her and I couldn’t help it I had to kiss her. It was the only way I knew how to say sorry without actually saying the words I’m sorry.
**

As soon as I sat down he kissed me. “I’m sorry for how my mother reacted.” he said still holding me. “Babe it’s okay.” I said smiling at him. “I’m used to the hate now.” I chuckled hoping he’d calm down. The fact she hated me no longer bothered me. Logan looked at me with a smile. “Well I should probably get you to work,” he started the car backing up and heading to Starbucks. He pulled in a few minutes later dropping me off and walking me in. He gave me a quick kiss as I headed to the back to clock in. I smiled and watched him leave putting my hand on my stomach. This was going to work. I knew it would. He had stood up to his mother, for me. I leaned against the wall unable to remove the smile on my face. A few of my coworkers smiled at seeing me so happy. My boss just chuckled. “He’s a great guy for you,” she said. “And I know he’ll be a great father just by how he acts towards you.” she smiled walking back to the front. I smiled watching her leave grabbing an apron and putting it on. I tied my hair back in a ponytail putting my hat on. I took a deep breath and let it back out, going to the front. “Welcome to Starbucks how may I help you.” I said to my first customer of the day. With a smile on my face and a bounce in my step I went through work like it was nothing. I looked to my boss her nodding as I went to the back clocking out and heading out the front door. Stepping outside to the cool afternoon air I smiled to myself taking a deep breath. I put my hand on my stomach again my baby would have a good life. My baby would never have to worry about not being loved because I would always say I love you. I felt warm arms wrap around me touching my stomach. “Our baby” I heard Logan whisper in my ear. I smiled turning around to kiss him. “Yes, our baby.” I replied putting emphasis on our. “Well Ms. Ophelia Akira Young, mother to be may I take you on a coffee date.” he said with a smile. I chuckled. “Why yes you may.” I replied letting him lead me to the car opening my door for me. I hopped in the car Logan closing the door behind me. I buckled my seat belt when he shut his door. Logan turned on the radio One Wish by Ray J was playing. I started to lip sing to it. I’ve known this song forever. It was a really great song. Logan started to back up and head to the coffee shop nearest to our houses. We were there within minutes getting out and heading inside. I really don’t know why we didn’t stay at Starbucks but I did know he liked the non name brand coffee. He went up to the counter ordering his favorite and coming to sit at a booth with me. He sat across from me grabbing my hands. “So babe we need to talk about our future now.” he smiled at me. “I know what seems major boring but you know it must be done.” I smiled at him. “Yeah I know.” I shrugged. “But then again you know that I’m only going to be going to community college and then I don’t even know.” He nodded. “Yeah I know but I mean career wise. You would be great in a musical position. You could probably even be in a band. Or an artist shoot maybe a doctor,” he said with a big grin on his face. I looked at him. “Well you know I’ve been actually asked to join this band called The Lost Ones and I’ve been considering it. Later I might think about being a doctor but most likely a secretary of some sort.” He nodded. “Well I was thinking about being a lawyer but I’m still not sure, but you know I’m going to like Yale, Harvard, or Princeton something like that.” I rolled my eyes. “Of course Mr. Smartie.” I chuckled. Logan was an absolute genius. He looked at me again. “What should we do once the babies here, job wise,” He asked. “Well I guess I could keep my job because I have a pretty good position and your jobs not to shabby either.” I chuckled as he smiled. “True. I guess I’m just really nervous right now,” he said. His hands were shaking a bit. “Don’t worry so am I,” I told him. It was completely true. How could I not be nervous I had a small life inside of me. It was nerve racking. He smiled at me and I smiled at him. “We’re going to be a family,” he said excitedly. I looked over at the nearest clock. “Look at the time babe. You better be getting me home.” I said smiling. “Okay” he said making a gloomy face. I chuckled getting up. He finished his coffee and threw it in the trash as we headed out to his car. We hopped in the car and he started driving me home. “At least it’s the week end.” I said smiling. He smiled keeping his eyes on the road. “Yeah that’s a good thing. You go to the doctor this weekend as well.” I smiled. “I sure do. I’m pretty excited aren’t you?” I asked him. He nodded. “I sure am,” he paused to turn down my street. “To see our baby. It’s going to be an amazing experience,” he said smiling. “Well we’re here.” He said looking up at my house. I smile opening my door and he met me up at the front of his car. He grabbed my hand walking me to the door. I opened the door yelling I’m home and my mom coming down the stairs to meet us. “Logan” she said happily hugging him. “How did your mom take it?” she asked. “Like she always does over big and dramatic things.” He said calming looking at my mom. “Well we’re fine about it. We’re not happy but hey we’re going to be grandparents and we’ll do all we can to help you guys out,” she said with a smile. “Thanks Mrs. Young.” Logan said with a smile. “Now Logan you know you can call me Sarah,” my mom said with a chuckle. Logan laughed. “Yeah my bad Sarah,” he smiled looking at our clock near the door. “Well I better be going,” he said. “Before my mother flips out.” I smiled and Logan gave me a quick kiss. “I’ll see you tomorrow sometime,” he said turning on his heels and heading to his car. I waved at him until he was completely out of my site. My mom smiled at me and headed back up the stairs. Her and my dad must have already been in bed. I went to the fridge grabbing a sandwich that my mom must have made for me knowing I would be home late. She knew me well. I ate my sandwich quickly running upstairs to brush my teeth. I went to my room putting on my pajamas and falling into my bed. It happily engulfed me in a wave of cool white sheets. I happily curled up in my sheets feeling them warm to my body temperature. Before I could think of the things that had happened that day I was asleep, off in the land of dreams where anything could happen.
**

After I had dropped Ophelia off at her house I went back home. I pulled in and walked in expecting to be attacked by questions from my frantic mother. To my surprise all of the lights were off and my mother was asleep. My father on the other hand was in the living room watching television. I sat down on the couch not to far from his recliner thinking of what Ophelia and me had talked about. I knew she could go to Yale or Harvard if she only tried but then again she was a simple girl. An expensive college like Yale or Harvard wasn’t her style. She was into the simple things, which I loved. I smiled at the thought. I was so excited for her doctor’s appointment. I would help her set an appointment for the upcoming weekend. It would be the best time for it. That would make her at somewhere like, I don’t even know. I can’t believe she hid it this long. I honestly don’t know how. My father looked at me and smiled. I loved that about him. Every once in a great while he would stay up and become a whole other person, a carefree, laid back dad. “Excited?” he asked me looking back to the television; he was watching a football game. “Yeah.” I answer back smiling and stretching out on the couch. He chuckled. “Thought you might be,” he flipped the channel to some rerun. “When is she going to the doctor?” he asked. “I’m going to help her make an appointment for this coming weekend.” I told him looking up at the clock. “Well I’m going to head up to bed.” I said getting up. “Night Logan,” he said his eyes still on the television. I walked out looking back at him. This would be the last time in a while that he’d actually be my dad. I smiled and walked up the stairs to my room. I changed and collapsed on my bed. I was asleep in minutes.

I woke up the next morning the sun shining brightly through my window. It hit my face it’s warm heat comforting. I groaned rolling over and checking the time. I was exactly on time, which surprised me considering I was rarely on time. I sat up in my bed feeling a wave of nausea come over me. I sprinted to the bathroom vomiting whatever happened to be in my stomach from the day before. After a few minutes I finally got up flushing the toilet and immediately rinsing my mouth out. Nasty. Already morning sickness has started full blast. As soon as I was satisfied that my mouth was minty fresh I rushed back to my room to change into something nice but comfortable. I would eventually have to go and buy maternity clothes, which didn’t seem fun. With a sigh I looked in the mirror. That would be as good as it was getting for today. Walking to the kitchen my mother once again was singing around the house to her rap music. This time it was Drop the World by Lil Wayne. I rolled my eyes pouring myself a glass of orange juice before grabbing my bag and sneaking out of the house without her running and hugging me. I didn’t need her coming up and rubbing my stomach. I walked to my car hopping in and started to drive off. I was starting to get scared. How could I possibly bring a child into this world? How could I?
**

“Logan Fleming it is time for school. Your breakfast is on the table when you’re ready.” I heard my mother say. “Okay mom.” I replied hearing the tap of her pumps on the floor as she walked away. I shook my head getting up to take a quick shower. I really didn’t like the fact that my mother had made such a big deal about Ophelia being pregnant. Yeah it was a big deal, but she didn’t need to blow up the way she did. It was completely uncalled for. I still haven’t forgiven her for it honestly. Getting out of the shower I towel dried and then blew dry my hair before going out to my closet throwing on whatever my hands hit. Thankfully what I happened to touch looked great together. With a smile I walked out to the kitchen to eat. I reached the kitchen looking around. I was once again alone at the table to eat. I knew my mother was around though I could feel her snake like presence. “So how about that baby?” I heard my mother ask from behind me. I ignored her question sitting down to eat my breakfast, which consisted of bacon, eggs, and two waffles. As soon as I finished eating I put my plate in the sink walking by her and to the bathroom. I would not answer he baby related questions. Brushing my teeth I could help but think about what the baby would look like. I hoped it’d look just like Ophelia since she was the most beautiful thing I’d ever seen in my entire life. With a smile I grabbed my keys and walked out the front door and to my car. I took a deep breath in; the air was cool and calming sort of relaxing. With that I hopped in my car and began to drive to school.
**

Reaching the school I parked in my regular spot and waited for my dear Logan to arrive. He soon arrived parking next to me like he always did. I hopped out of my car grabbing my bag and locking the doors behind me. He got out greeting me with a kiss. I smiled kissing him back. “Ooooo kissy kissy” my very best friend Amy said walking over to us. I smiled hugged her. “So when are you going to the doctor Ophelia?” she asked me. I shrugged looking to Logan. Logan smiled. “Today after school” he said rubbing my stomach. I could tell he was excited it was written all over his face. We all talked for maybe around five minutes before we had to go inside and begin school. We said our goodbyes and parted ways to start our boring days at school. Many lessons and tests later school was over. I met Amy out in the front. She greeted me with a tight hug and smiled at me. “Are you nervous?” she asked me. “Yeah I just don’t know what it’s going to be. It’s pretty nerve racking,” I said putting my hand on my growing stomach. Logan soon reached us smiling. “Ready to go” he asked me kissing my cheek. I nodded saying goodbye to Amy. “Better call me first thing after you know,” she said with a smile. I nodded and headed to my car. I began to drive home Logan following me. I reached my house in no time getting out and dropping my bag inside. My mother and father were nowhere in site so I left. I hopped in the passenger side door of Logan’s car and we started the drive to the doctors’ office. We talked about names and our baby what we thought it’d look like among other things. In no time we reached the doctors office. We walked inside hand in hand. He checked me in going to sit by me. “It shouldn’t be to long,” he said with a smile. I watched as he grabbed a nearby baby magazine and started to flip through it. Everything that was needed to care for a child was listed in the magazine. It was a lot I knew that, but we could do it I knew that too. Soon a nurse came and called me to the back. Logan grabbed my hand as we walked back to our room. I knew he could tell I was nervous. He gave me a reassuring kiss as the doctor came in. Logan did most of the talking considering I was too nervous to speak. The doctor smiled at me pulling my shirt up to reveal my stomach. He put the gel on my stomach and began the ultrasound. In seconds he was pointing telling us each little thing. Logan and I were smiling happily to each other we looked to the screen as shock crept across our faces. “Is that” I stuttered. “No way” I heard Logan say. The doctor laughed. “Yes that is twins,” the doctor said. I couldn’t tear my eyes from the screen as he began to print pictures of the ultrasound. “What are they” I asked in a soft voice. He smiled looking at the screen pointing to the little bodies. “That right there is a girl and this one over here is a boy,” he said with a smile. I couldn’t believe it twins. We were going to have twins. I didn’t know what to do but stare. Words wouldn’t come to my lips. I looked to Logan who was also staring at the screen in a sort of awe. I smiled at him as he looked down to me. “Twins,” he said with a smile and kissing me lightly. The doctor chuckled and began to ask us about names as he took the gel off my stomach. I looked to Logan. “We haven’t really thought about it.” I heard him say. The doctor chuckled, “Well you should start thinking because, before you know it it’ll be over and you’ll have two bundles of joy crying for you.” The doctor left a few minutes later to go get a few papers for us. As the door closed I looked to Logan. “I can’t believe it. We need to think of names like no joke.” I said with a smile. “You need to call Amy,” he said with a chuckle. I nodded taking my phone from my pocket. I dialed her number that I knew by heart and waited for her to pick up. It only took one and a half rings to answer. “Spill,” she said. I could tell her was excited it was clear in her voice. “I’m having twins Amy,” I told her in a calm tone. She screamed at the top of her lungs and I had to pull the phone from my ear. I started to laugh, as did Logan. As the screamed quieted I put the phone back to my ear. “What are they what are they!” she said happily. “It’s a boy and a girl,” I told her hearing her begin to squeal again. “Have you thought of names yet?” she asked me. I shook my head even though I knew she couldn’t see me. “Not yet,” I told her. “But, we’re thinking about it now.” I smiled up to Logan who gave me another kiss. She squealed once more telling me that she couldn’t wait to see me again and that she’d call me later. We said our goodbyes and I put my phone back in my pocket. Soon the doctor returned with a few papers. The doctor was a tall slender man who was about twenty-eight. His name was Samuel Winters and he was a very kind man. He handed me a paper that had a list of good things too eat while pregnant and a list of do’s and don’ts. I started to read the list as the doctor started to talk to Logan about recent recalled baby items, what the best brands were, and where to find the cheapest stuff. A few minutes later they were able to leave. They were so excited about the news. The doctor had said before she left that she needed to gain a lot more weight if she wanted healthy children. She knew she had to. She was showing but not greatly. She hid it with oversized hoodies and shirts, but now there was no hiding it. She was proud and proud soon to be mother. Logan then started to pay for the appointment.
**

I couldn’t believe it. I was going to be a father of two beautiful twins. A boy and a girl and they still had no names. The doctor had told him of a local baby store. He said it was the best in town so that’s where he planned on going. He had also said that Ophelia needed to gain as much weight as possible. He knew that too. He didn’t know how much Ophelia ate when he wasn’t around. He looked to Ophelia seeing her actually showing and not trying to hide it was great. He went up to the counter when it was finally his turn paying for her appointment, smiling to the receptionist. “Twins,” he said to her with a smile. She smiled back at him congratulating him. He smiled turning around and grabbing Ophelia’s hand and walking her out to the car.
**

I smiled at Logan as we got in the car and he smiled back. “Where to?” I asked him. I didn’t know where we would be going. We could go to his house, my house, Amy’s house, or the store. We had a lot of options to pick from. He smiled at me. “I think we should go to the store and I would love if you would move in with me. Now before you go freaking out, I know it’s hard to deal with my parents, but I want you to be with me. It would be great. Me, you and the baby just a happy little family. It’d be great. He smiled at me and I knew I couldn’t say no. I smiled at him kissing him lightly. “I would be happy to move in with you,” I said leaning back in the car seat. “Well to the store.” I said with a chuckle as he began to drive to the best baby store in town. We reached the store in around fifteen minutes. We parked in the “expecting mothers” parking spot. He got out helping me out of the car. “Time to shop,” she said as the walked into the store. We spent around two hours in the store. We put two cribs, a double stroller, two baby carriers, toys and more on layaway. We had three more months and we could get them then. We walked back to the car hopping in and started to his house. We were going to tell his parents first then mine. It would be better to get the difficult parents done first.

We reached his house in about thirty minutes. We had to make a few stops on the way. He helped me out of the car and walked inside with me close on his heels. As we walked in his mother bear hugged him. “Where have you been young man!” she yelled. “I took Ophelia to the doctor mother” he said looking at her. She looked over at me and gave a slight hint of a glare. I just smiled at her and put my hand on my stomach. “Okay then so what’s the gender?” she asked Logan. “Well mother I would be much happier if you sat down,” he said walking to the living room having me sit next to him on the love seat. His mother walked in sitting down in one of the two chairs that were sitting by the window. His father walked in a moment later sitting in the other chair. “Okay now as I asked you earlier what’s the gender?” she asked. I could tell she was getting quite irritated. “Well mother Ophelia is carrying twins,” he said calmly. I watched quietly as his mothers eyes grew wide. I thought for sure she would faint at any moment. “Also mother she will be moving in with me. She will stay in my room, as will the twins. I have put cribs and other must haves on layaway at the baby store in town. We will be buying clothes as the due date becomes closer,” he said putting his hand on my thigh. His mother looked at him with shock. “And when were you planning on telling us that she would be moving in? Did I say she could?” she asked clearly very irritated now. “No you didn’t mom, but I did,” he said glaring at his mother. “Now don’t you dare try to challenge me boy. You were such a great kid before you met her,” she said pointing to me. “Then the next thing I know you’re telling me she’s pregnant with twins and moving in!” she yelled. “Your older brother didn’t have children until he was married and your sister still hasn’t had children because she’s not married!” she screamed. Logan looked at his mother. “You done jaw jacking,” he said with a glare. His father looked at him. “I don’t care if you argue with your mother, but you will not disrespect her like that,” he looked straight at Logan. “Apologize,” he said in a flat tone. Logan rolled his eyes looking at his mother. “Sorry, but she’s moving in.” he said getting up. “We’re keeping our babies she’s moving in with me and we’re going to be happy. My sister may not be married, but then again she’s not happy. My brother may be married and happy, but just because I’m happy at a young age doesn’t mean anything,” he said grabbing my hand and walking me out the door. He opened the passenger door for me letting me hop in. He shut the door before walking to the driver’s side and hopping in. We buckled up before he started toward my house.
**

My mother could push my buttons so good. I didn’t care what she thought about it Ophelia would be moving in with us and we would be keeping our children. She could bitch about it all she wanted, but we’d never give up our kids. They were ours and we would love them with all of our hearts. I just still can’t believe she blew up like that and how my father defended she after listening to all she was saying. How could he do that to me? How could he just betray me like that? I was his son after all. My father knows how much I love Ophelia. He knows what she means to me and yet he just defended her like that. He just let her talk all of that crap right in front of Ophelia. How could he possibly do that? I really couldn’t wait to go to college, get a great job, make good money, and put a ring on Ophelia’s finger. I could wait until the day I could call her my wife. The day that we could leave this place and just be happy together, with no problems from my parents or hers. So it could just be Ophelia, our beautiful twins, and me.
**

We soon arrived at my house. I got out by myself this time meeting Logan on the diver’s side of the car. We walked in together hand in hand. I looked around seeing my mom once again dancing widely to some rap song that I didn’t know. Logan looked at me weird as he saw my mom dancing. He’d seen her dance before, but he still gave me a weird look every time. As we stood there waiting for her to see us my dad came around the corner. “Ophelia!” he yelled giving me a hug. “Logan!” he smiled hugging him too. “Hey dad,” I said hugging him. “We need to tell you the news of my doctors visit.” I said with a smile. He nodded grabbing my mom by the waist and pulling her into the living room. They both plopped down on the couch and Logan and me sat on the other end of the couch. I smiled at them as Logan began to tell them the news. Their eyes sparkled as he said that I would be having twins, but the light faded as he said I would be moving in with him. “What?” my mother asked with a sad expression her face. “Why don’t you both just stay here?” she asked. “Mom there’s not enough room in this small house for all of us.” I said sadly moving over and hugging her. I knew that they knew there wasn’t much room in the house and I also knew that they didn’t want me to leave. “I’m sorry.” I whispered in my mother’s ear. I had to do what was best for my children and me. What was best for my family. Living in such a small house was not good for my children. This house had two bedrooms my parents and mine. It had one bathroom, a kitchen, and a living room. That was it. There was no room for twins and Logan. Logan’s house was much different though. His house had a giant living room, and a perfect kitchen, five rooms, four bathrooms, a half bath, a pool in the backyard, and a jacuzzi. He had enough room for twins and me. Since it was just he and his parents. I couldn’t find the words to tell my parents how sorry I was that I would be moving out. There weren’t words to express it. I let go of my mother moving back to sit by Logan. “When will you be moving out?” my father asked me. “I’m not sure” I asked looking down at my hands. Logan wrapped his arm around me and looked at my father. “It doesn’t have to be until the children are born,” he said with a smile. “I would never take her away sooner than needed,” he smiled. I knew that he wanted to just wanted to lighten the mood a bit. After a few minutes my mother finally smiled, as did my father. I was so happy to see that they were okay with it. I knew it would be hard for them, but at least they were happy. They knew I was in good hands. I had an amazing boyfriend who was smart and would be able to take care of me. They knew they had nothing to fear. “I will come see you as much as possible I promise.” I said with a smile. “Even when I go to college I will be seeing you.” I leaned into Logan finally able to relax after all that had happened today. I was finally able to think about the fact I was having twins. It was an amazing feeling. To think that there were two lives inside of me surviving and thriving. My stomach growled and I looked at Logan. He laughed getting up and coming back with a bowl of fruit for me. I smiled taking the bowl and eating the fruit. It was a mixture of cantaloupe, watermelon, honeydew melon, and a few strawberries. I smiled eating it all in minutes. I looked over to Logan. “I will have to have a hamburger here soon.” I said with a chuckled. My parents laughed. “Yeah you should be eating a lot more,” my mother said. If Logan had anything to do about it I’d gain all the weight I needed to in days. I chuckled thinking about it. “Well momma we better be going. These children want food.” I laughed and got up Logan rising too. Logan grabbed my hand as I smiled to my parents and we walked back out to the car. I hopped into the passenger seat as Logan once again got in the drivers seat. He looked over to me kissing me lightly on the lips. “To the hamburger place,” he said with a chuckle as he backed out and headed to the nearest restaurant. When we reached our destination we both got out walking in. We were seated right away and I ordered two hamburgers with no onions or tomato. Logan ordered a hamburger with everything on it. We smiled at each other as we waited on our order. He asked me if I wanted a baby shower. I smiled. “Of course I want a baby shower” I chuckled. I wanted to have all my friends come to my baby shower. I couldn’t wait to go to school tomorrow and show off my bigger baby bump. I smiled as our food arrived at the table. I grabbed my burger taking a medium sized bite from it. It tasted magnificent. I couldn’t have made it any better. I smiled taking a sip of my water.
**

I could smell the onions on my burger before it arrived. They smelled wonderful. As the waitress sat our plates down I smiled at her asking for a refill on me Dr. Pepper. She smiled back taking my cup and refilling it. She brought it back asking us if we needed anything else. Ophelia shook her head, as did I. We enjoyed our meal, smiling and laughing. She could now stop wearing those XXL shirts. As I finished my burger Ophelia looked at me talking about how she needed maternity shirts and pants now. I knew that, but I hadn’t actually thought about it. I smiled to her. “We’ll go shopping again after we eat.” I looked over to the clock on the wall. It was about five thirty in the afternoon now. I’d have to take her home soon. Probably right after we go shopping. I waited until she finished eating, and then paid for our meal. I smiled letting her keep the change and opened the door for Ophelia. I walked her out to the car opening the passenger door for her. I closed it behind her walking to the driver’s side hopping in and starting the car. I drove to the nearest maternity store. I’d seen it on the way to my house and had actually planned to ask if Ophelia wanted to stop by. It looked nice enough.
**

I looked up at the store as we pulled up. It looked high end. Looked really expensive, not for a teenage girl like me. I looked to Logan with a weird look. He just smiled at me hopping out and helping me out. He grabbed my hand walking inside. A woman greeted us probably in her early twenties. She gave us this shocked look, but kept a smile on her face. We ignored the weird look. Logan told her that I was six months pregnant and needed some nice looking clothes. She smiled grabbing my hand and leading me back to a wall of gorgeous clothes. I couldn’t believe how pretty these clothes were I wanted them all. I tried on skirts and pants, t-shirts and blouses. I even tried on a few summer and spring dresses. I smiled picking out at least four of each thing. I showed them all to Logan who smiled at me and took them up to the front. He paid for them all smiling to the cashier who looked at him then me. “How old are you two?” she asked looking at Logan. “We’re both seventeen,” he said pulling me clothes. “What are you expecting?” she asked. “Twins, a boy and a girl,” he said with a smile. She put our things in bags handing them to us. “Well congratulations,” she said smiling as we left putting the bags in the backseat. “Well now I better take you home,” he said starting to my house. I smiled at him kissing him lightly on the cheek. I had such a great day with him today. As we reached my house I looked at him. “Tomorrow we think of names.” I said with a smile hopping out and grabbing my bags. He hopped out as well opening my front door for me. My parents were wasted. I look over at him handing him my bags. I ran upstairs and packed my must haves in a small bag and ran back down the stairs. “I’m staying with you tonight.” I said with a smile. He nodded closing the door quietly behind us.

I hopped into the passenger seat once more sighing heavily. I didn’t want to deal with drunken parents right now and I knew Logan’s parents wouldn’t be drunk. Shoot I swear they slept in separate beds. I honestly don’t know how they made such a wonderful son that I get to call my boyfriend. It doesn’t make sense. His mother is hateful and his father is just, well, silent and mellow. He hopped into the car seconds after me. I smiled over at him. “Well we need to think of names baby.” I told him. We had maybe three more months before we had to choose. We hadn’t talked about it. I didn’t even have an idea. All I knew was I wanted them to be cute names that flowed. Maybe Danneh and Dekka. I didn’t know. I just wanted them to fit them. I didn’t want to name my child a name that didn’t fit them. If only I knew what my kids would be like when they were older. It would be so much easier. I felt the car start and leaned back in my seat. I hadn’t realized it, but I had been sitting up staring at the dashboard the entire time. I let out another sigh as he backed out of my driveway and began to drive to his house.
**

I didn’t blame her for not wanting to stay. I had never had the drunken parents problem before, but I knew her parents. They were great people, but still, them drunk is not something she enjoys. They aren’t violent, but she just doesn’t like them drunk. I watched the road as I drove us to my house. In minutes we were in my garage. I looked over to Ophelia. “Are you sure you want to stay here?” I asked. I knew my house would be just as stressful as hers minus the drunkenness. My parents didn’t drink hardly at all. The most they drank was maybe a glass of wine a year. I drank more than they did and I only drank socially.
**

I looked at Logan letting out a heavy sigh. “Yes I’m sure Logan at least they won’t be drunk.” I smiled giving him a reassuring kiss before hopping out of the car. I knew that it wasn’t going to be a pleasant stay, but it was much more peaceful than drunken parents walking around asking if you want a swig. They would totally forget that I was pregnant and spike my drink. They were all about fun when they were drunk. I watched as Logan hopped out of the car and began to walk to the door with me right on his heels.
**

I walked in my house holding her hand. My parents were sitting on the couch. I could smell Parmesan chicken in the kitchen. My mother probably had just got done cooking. “Mom Ophelia is going to be staying with us tonight.” I yelled. I heard her groan in reply. “You’ll get over it.” I yelled chuckling quietly to myself. I walked Ophelia into the kitchen seeing the Parmesan chicken. My nose never failed. I put the leftovers on two plates setting on in front of Ophelia. I knew she’d still want some food. I also knew she loved this chicken the best. I grabbed us forks and knives. I handed her one of each sitting down beside her. The chicken tasted great. Even though my mother was a total bitch sometimes she was a great cook.
**

Even though his mother hated me she could make a fantastic Parmesan chicken. She always cooked it to perfection. It was never under cooked or over cooked. I could only wish to be a good cook like her. I ate my chicken without a single word. I savored every bite until it was entirely gone. I looked at my now empty plate with a frown. I wished I could look at my plate wish for more and it would appear. Sadly no food appeared. I got up putting my plate in the sink. It was pretty late and I was getting sort of tired. I looked over to Logan. I hadn’t thought of any new names, but I was in the mood for thinking of some. “Have you thought of any names?” I asked him sitting back down. I knew I wanted the names to have the same letter with his last name. I knew that much, but everything else I was a blur on. I listened as he began to throw out random names out of nowhere. I rolled my eyes at him. Out of no where I heart a voice say “How about Emery and Eliza?” I turned around to see his mother standing in the doorway. I was shocked that she had even been listening to our conversation. Most of all the names were beautiful. I loved them. I smiled to her “Emery Kade Fleming and Eliza Mina Fleming?” I asked. Logan smiled telling me the name sounded great. His mother smiled as well. “Those are two beautiful names Ophelia,” she said still smiling as she walked out of the room. Once I knew for sure she was out of earshot I looked to Logan with this confused look. He shrugged and gave me a weird look.
**

I couldn’t believe it. My mother had actually made conversation with Ophelia and on top of that she helped with names. The names were beautiful I loved them and I knew Ophelia did too. They were perfect. I smiled to Ophelia. “Well girl looks like she might actually be starting to like you.” I chuckled. I turned to her wrapping my arms around her pulling her up to a standing position. “It’s late babe what you say we go to bed.” I grabbed her hand walking into the living room. I said goodnight to my parents, as did she. Then we went up the stairs and to my room. I shut the door behind us pulling her close. I kissed her lightly on the lips before moving to my radio. I turned it on playing, Everything by Lifehouse, our song. I turned smiling to her seeing her standing there. The moonlight hugging her, her baby bump showing beautifully. I walked to her wrapping my arms around her once more. We started to dance. There in the middle of my room, in the moonlight. The nerves slowly faded and it was just us. All the stress from the past few days faded from my body. The music played lightly in the background and the moon seemed to shine brighter. I could feel her smiling. This was our song and I couldn’t think of any other song that could fit us so perfectly. Ophelia is everything in my world. If I lost her I wouldn’t have any reason to live. She’s my heart. She takes my breath away with everything she does. The way she moves across the floor, it’s like a dance. The way she smiles is brighter than the sun itself. Her eyes shine brighter than the stars. Everything about her is simply more than I could ask for. I smiled pulling her closer. I smiled feeling the light thump of a baby.
**

I smiled as he pulled me close and we began to dance. We’d only danced like this one other time. We both weren’t very good at dancing, but we managed. I smiled leaning my head on his chest. I felt the babies begin to kick and I smiled even more. They seemed to like the song. I knew I did. This was our song. I could dance to it all night long and never get tired of hearing it. I never got tired of spending any sort of time with him and the fact that his mother actually started talking to me was great. It seemed like she finally got over the fact that she hated me. As the song ended I frowned a little. I didn’t want to go to bed now. I wanted to continue to dance the night away. I felt him walk us to his bed. I couldn’t remember where my bag was but I knew it wasn’t up here. “Hey babe where’s my bag?” I asked him. It looked like a light bulb went off in his head. I watched as he exited the room and returned in a matter of minutes. I must have left it in the car. He smiled at me tossing me my bag. I smiled back at him grabbing my pajamas out of the bag and started to change. They were a lot more comfortable than my day clothes. As I finished changing I tossed my bag to the side of his bed. I felt his arms go around me once more. Love songs played lightly in the background making me smile. He kissed my neck softly turning me around to face him. I smiled kissing him lightly on the lips. Our soft gentle kisses soon turned into soft make out sessions. Before I knew it he was tugging at my shirt. I grabbed his hands and looked at him. “I don’t think that’s a very good idea Logan.” I saw him frown. I knew he wanted to, but I was pregnant. Sure my own hormones were running rapid about now, but I was containing myself. I didn’t know for how much longer I could, but I could try. I watched him the frown faded and turned into this puppy face. The puppy face always made me cave. I was about to say no once more, but our song started to play again. I looked at him the words of the song starting to sink in. I smiled to him as he placed a careful hand on my belly. I kissed him lightly. He must have known what that meant because before I knew it my pajama shirt slowly slipped off and hit the floor.

The next day Logan woke me up early. He gave me a light kiss handing my pajamas. I chuckled slipping my clothes back on. He was already dressed. He hopped back into bed with me and wrapped his arms around me. “Didn’t want my parents to walk in and see us with no clothes on.” I heard him whisper in my ear. I had to agree. I heard footsteps and we both started to fake sleep. A few minutes later his mother walked in. “Logan it’s time to get u"Ophelia?” I tried my best not to laugh as we rolled over. “Oh hey mom.” Logan smiled. “Yeah Ophelia spent the night her parents were out of it last night.” His mother nodded. “Well I wanted it to be a surprise, but looks like there’s no surprising Ophelia.” I looked and saw her smile. It looked like it pained her to smile. “There is a baby shower downstairs waiting for Ophelia. Which means Logan has to leave.” Mayra, his mother, said. Logan sighed getting up. “Fine.” I looked at him and frowned. I did not like the idea of being stuck here in this house with his mother and people I didn’t know. It didn’t sound fun. “How long is this going to last?” he asked his mother. He read my mind. I wanted to know how long I’d be in hell. “Oh only about two hours.” Mayra said with a smile. “Fine,” he said putting on his shoes. He walked back over to me giving me a kiss. I gave him a pleading look mouthing ‘don’t leave me’. “Sorry babe,” he whispered in my ear. He walked out leaving me in his room with his mother standing in the doorway. After I heard the front door shut his mother looked at me. “Now don’t be rude darling get down the stairs to the party.” I sighed getting up and walking downstairs. Once I got downstairs I couldn’t believe my eyes. There was so much stuff. Presents lining the living room and stacked up on one another. There were so many people that I didn’t even know. They all turned to me smiling and all started talking at once. Mayra came down the stairs and rushed them away from me. They all started talking and I went and sat on the couch. I didn’t know why I was even here. Sure I had the kids in my stomach but I didn’t know any of these people. I thought a baby shower was about being around people you knew. My guess was that Mayra had a different idea of a baby shower. After about an hour of doing absolutely nothing Mayra turned to me telling me to open my gifts. I started to open my presents as they all continued to talk. All in all I got baby clothes, coupons, a humidifier, toys, blankets, towels, a crib big enough for twins, two baby carriers, and a twin stroller. Soon Logan came walking back through the door. “You’re not suppose to be here!” some of the ladies yelled. “Not to be rude my home, my girlfriend, my kids, to bad,” he said walking over to me and giving me a kiss. He sat next to me and I laid my head on his shoulder. He looked at all our gifts and smile. “We need to get you moved in babe,” he smiled and I smiled nodding. “After the babies are born we will definitely do that.” I said kissing him lightly. I couldn’t wait to move in. “Well then let’s get this stuff up in the babies nursery. I smiled at him and nodded grabbing the bags of clothes. He carried the crib up to the room. The nursery and his room were connected so it would make tending to them easier. We made several trips back downstairs to get stuff. On our last trip downstairs they were still downstairs talking about the twins. It was awfully annoying, but I managed to ignore them. We went back upstairs and started to work on the nursery. About two and a half hours later we were done. It looked great. I smiled, as did Logan. We went back down stairs as everyone was leaving. “Finally.” I said with a smile. Peace and quiet. Only three months to go and they’d be here. I really couldn’t wait.

“No, no it can’t be time now I’m not ready, I’m not ready” I pleaded with the doctors. It couldn’t be time. I didn’t want it to be time. The nerves came running back like a train. Logan was standing by me holding my hand. He was smiling at me. His smile calmed me a little, but I was still terrified. I was scared of what would happen. Not to mention the full room I was in. My mother and father were here along with Logan and his parents and Amy. It was such a full room I couldn’t even breathe. “Everyone out!” I yelled. Everybody started to talk and run around. “Will you all please shut up and get the hell out of here!” They all stopped where they were and stared at me. “Now!” I yelled. It’s like a light bulb had gone off in their heads and they all rushed out of the room. I watched as Logan started to leave. “And where the hell do you think you’re going!” I yelled at him. I wasn’t trying to be mean to anyone I was just in severe pain and I was stressed beyond belief. “You told me to leave” I heard him say. “I meant everyone else not you silly.” I said trying my best to smile. “You helped make these things you’re going to help birth them.” I saw him smile and make his way over to me. He grabbed my hand squeezing it lightly. “And what do you think you’re doing over here?” I asked him. I knew I was getting him completely confused, but hey I thought it was cute. “Comforting you?” he said. I knew he was unsure about that answer just by the way he said it. I reached over to the table next to my bed grabbing the camera. “No this is for you.” I handed it to him and he gave me this weird look. “What you do want to take pictures of your children don’t you?” he smiled at me moving back to where Mr. Winter’s was. One of the nurses came over to me sitting behind me giving me her hands. “Squeeze as hard as you need to,” she told me sweetly. “Ready, because it’s time to push,” the doctor said. I gave him a small nod. “Okay then one, two, three, push” he said softly. The nurse helped lift me up a little as I started to push. The pain was excruciation.
**

I couldn’t believe it. She was in labor. I was at the bottom of the bed by Doctor Winters snapping a few pictures. It was the craziest thing I’d ever seen. Doctor Winters turned to me, as I stood there frozen. “Are you okay son?” they he asked me. “Yeah this is just…woah” I said. Mr. Winters had just cut her perineum. Seconds later I could see the head of one of our kids. “Is that the head?” I asked. “Sure is Logan.” Doctor Winter’s said without looking back to me. “I think I’m going to fain-“ I hit the floor with a thud and everything went black.
**
I couldn’t believe it. He fainted. How could he faint at a time like this? I gave a one last big push and I heard the cry of our first child. I had already been crying, but I cried more hearing my baby cry. “Is it a boy or girl?” I asked Doctor Winters. He looked over to me smiling as he passed my baby to the nurse “It’s a boy.” I smiled as Logan finally came to and stood up wobbling a bit. I watched as he followed the nurse and I heard an ‘aww’ in the other room. I smiled as Doctor Winters told me to push again. Minutes after our first child, Emery Kade Fleming was born, our daughter Eliza Hope Fleming was born. I laid back as the nurse got up going to the other room where they tended to our kids. The last thing I saw was the doctor come in smiling at me. He whispered to me that my kids were okay and that I should rest. I listened to his advice and was asleep in seconds.
**

I watched as the nurses tended to the children. They were so beautiful. Emery looked like his mother. He had her nose, her high cheekbones, her brown hair, and he had the perfect fingers for playing guitar. He was beautiful. Eliza however looked more like me. She has a lighter brown hair like mine, my brown eyes, and she was smaller than her brother and simply perfect. They were both perfect. I couldn’t believe this feeling I had. I was a father. I would be a great father. I knew I would. I had to be. I couldn’t imagine not being good to them. I had to do my best to get into college and get a good job so I could support them. I smiled as I saw the nurses slip the nametags on their tiny feet. Emery Kade Fleming and Eliza Hope Fleming. I smiled staring at them for a few minutes before making my way back to Ophelia. I walked in seeing she was asleep. I couldn’t help it. She looked beautiful. I took out the camera and snapped a picture of her. She was a brave woman and I couldn’t have asked for a better woman to be with. I would never leave her. She was the one for me. If only she knew how much she meant to me. I smiled sitting in a chair next to her grabbing her hand. I kissed her hand. “I love you so much Ophelia.” I whispered to her laying my head down on the bed. After eleven hours of intense labor we could finally rest.
**

I woke up about two in the morning to the nurse bringing in two crying kids. I opened my eyes looking at the nurse with this look. The nurse just chuckled. “Trust me it’s worth it,” she left the kids in the room. I sat up as Logan woke up. He looked to me. “You’ve got to be kidding me,” he said looking at me. I could tell he was tired. “Yeah I know. Bring me Emery.” I told him as he got up and handing me Emery. I hadn’t been told how to do breast feed or anything like that. It’s like I just knew what to do. He drank until he was finally asleep and then he handed me Eliza. I did the same thing with Eliza until she finally fell asleep. He laid her back down pushing them over to me so I could see them. Emery grabbed my finger holding onto it tightly. “You’re a natural.” I heard Logan say pushing a chair over next to Eliza. He put his hand next to her and she grabbed his finger. I don’t think his smile could have gotten any bigger. This feeling was amazing. Sure I was incredibly tired, but being tired was worth it. If I could just watch them it was all worth it. A few minutes later his parents walked in, as did mine. Logan put his free finger over his lips. They nodded going over to them. They all smiled. “They’re beautiful.” His mother whispered. My father was speechless as was his. My mom was smiling just as much as Logan was. It was astonishing the power of a child. They could bring people together, even if they were bitter to each other.
**

I looked up at my parents seeing them smile. I hadn’t seen my dad smile that much in a long time. It was great to finally see everyone happy for once. I looked at Ophelia and smiled. Her mom walked out of the room bringing in a small radio. She turned it on and played music lightly. I chuckled at the song that was playing at the time. It just happened to be My Little Girl by Tim McGraw. I looked down at my baby girl holding on tightly to my finger. She was so beautiful as was my baby boy and my girlfriend. I was completely happy with my life now. It was like everything just fell into place. My parents sat down in nearby chairs and Ophelia’s parents sat on the couch. The song played lightly in the background and everyone in the room sort of spaced out watching the twins sleeping soundly. The next thing I knew Ophelia was picking put Emery and laying him down next to his sister. I couldn’t believe it, but they seemed to smile. I looked up at Ophelia. She was so amazing. She’d been a mother for only hours and she was already acting like she’d had them all her life. “You’re amazing Ophelia” I said to her smiling. I saw her smile laying back down watching her kids. I knew she was tired I could tell, but I also knew she didn’t want to go to sleep. I went to the radio changing the station. I’m Coming Home by J Cole was playing and I watched as Ophelia started to lip sing the words. I knew she would be getting tired soon. I smiled watching her slowly fall asleep. The nurse came in a few minutes later taking the kids back to the nursery. I hugged my parents and hers and they left. They would be back tomorrow. I turned around and looked at Ophelia. I just watched her sleep for probably about five minutes. I couldn’t help but smile. We’d been through so much and I knew someday when she least expected it I would propose to that woman right there, sleeping in that hospital bed. I went over to her hopping into the hospital bed with her. I put my arm around her pulling her close. Within minutes I was asleep.

It was time to go and Logan and I were carrying the kids out to the car. Me, I was in a wheelchair. It seemed pointless to me, but whatever I was just gazing at my baby boy. We got to the car and Logan put Eliza in her car seat. He went to me grabbing Emery and put him in his seat. He then smiled to the doctor and helped me into the passenger seat. His mother had actually let him put the car seats in his car. She had wanted them in her car, but he fought with her until he won. I couldn’t wait to get home. Home. Yeah Logan’s home was now my home. My parents had helped move my stuff into Logan’s room while I was in the hospital. I was so excited to get the kids home. Logan walked around the car checking the kids one last time before getting into the drivers seat and starting the car. We started to drive off in the direction of his house. I couldn’t help, but smile and look at our kids. Before to long we were at his house. I smiled getting out of the car and opening the back door. Logan unbuckled Eliza and I unbuckled Emery. We shut the doors, locking the car and going inside. His mother and father greeted us. They were all smiles. We smiled carrying them upstairs and laying them in the crib. We laid them on their backs and turned on soft music. We turned on the baby monitor and went to sit on a nearby couch in the room. The nursery looked great. It had beige walls with a white ceiling. We had glow in the dark stars on the ceiling and a light tan carpet. It looked really nice. I had begged him to convince his mother to keep it simple. She had wanted to put a chandelier in the room, but I thought it was completely unnecessary. When they were older they could feel free to decorate their rooms as they pleased. I smiled kissing Logan lightly on the cheek. This was great. We were a happy little family. This time couldn’t get any better. My life couldn’t get any better.
**

Today was the day that I would do it. I knew that this was the right time. She probably thought that her life couldn’t get any better, but I knew it would. I would wait until she least expected it. I smiled kissing her forehead. It felt great to finally have the kid’s home. I didn’t like hospitals and I didn’t like to have my kid’s still in the hospital. I was surprised at how quite Eliza and Emery had been on the car ride home and now. Most kids I knew screamed all the time almost nonstop. I smiled. My kids were awesome. They were certainly special. They had a special mother so of course they would be.
**

I was so relaxed right now. Just being in his arms made me relax, even on the most stressful day. Before to long his mother came in. “Can you guys come downstairs,” she said and left. Logan looked at me confused and I shrugged. We got up quietly and went downstairs. All the lights were off and we looked around. “Hello?” I said softly. Suddenly all the lights turned on and everyone was standing in the living room. “Surprise,” they all whispered as the held a sign saying Welcome Home. I chuckled. My parents were there, along with Amy and her parents; then Logan’s parents and a bunch of their friends that I didn’t know. His brother and his wife and his sister were even there. It was crazy. I hadn’t even met half these people. Amy came running over to me hugging me. She wanted to see the kids, but she said she could wait until the welcome home party was over. His brother and sister greeted him with hugs and then greeted me. We all started to mingle with each other talking about life and what not.
**

‘Now’ I thought to myself. This was the perfect time. I would do it now, in front of everyone. I walked over to Ophelia. “Hey babe can I ask you something?” I smiled at her as she turned around. “Sure” she said happily her eyes sparkling. Now was the time. I reached in my pocket pulling out the ring and getting on one knee. “You’ve given me not one, but two beautiful children. Would you marry me and make my life complete?” I asked her. I couldn’t believe how nervous I was about this. I had just purposed to the love of my life and I was as nervous as I was when I first asked her out. I saw as tears welled up in her eyes. I waited for what seemed like years, but I knew was only second. Then I heard it. The word I was waiting for. “Yes” she said wrapping her arms around me. I smiled picking her up and kissing her. I sat her back down slipping the ring on her finger. She smiled looking at the ring as everyone started to cheer loudly. Suddenly we heard the babies start to cry. I looked to Ophelia. “Duty calls.” I said with a soft chuckle. “We will be right back,” I told everyone as we walked up stairs hand in hand.
**

I couldn’t believe it. He’d just asked me to marry him. It was the greatest feeling. We’d been through so much. We’d just brought the twins home and now we were engaged. When would we even have the time to get married? As we reached the twins room I picked up Eliza. I sat down in the nearby rocking chair. As I thought she was hungry. I was surprised at how fast I picked up on being a mother. Guess everyone was right about the motherly instinct. A few minutes later Logan took Eliza handing me Emery. He started to pat Eliza on the back until she burped. I saw him smile before he laid her back down. He walked back over to me and I handed him Emery. I smiled as he did the same to Emery and laid him back down. They were asleep in minutes. I got up and joined Logan by the side of the crib. It was like they were smiling. I grabbed Logan’s hand and we walked back downstairs. Everyone was still talking and enjoying each other’s company.
**

I was surprised to see that everyone was still here. They seemed pretty lively still too. I myself was getting drowsy so I knew Ophelia would be getting drowsy. I smiled as Amy came over to us. She seemed hyper like always. She hadn’t seen the kids yet. “Can I see them yet?” Amy whined. I knew she was getting anxious. Everyone probably was. I sighed looking to her. “We’ll bring them down for a little while.” I smiled dragging Ophelia back up the stairs. She picked up Emery and I got Eliza. Both the kids stayed asleep curling into our warmth. I smiled looking over to Ophelia. She was smiling too. We walked carefully down the stairs and over to where everyone was. The room filled with camera flashes and ‘awws’. I smiled as the kids stayed asleep. I was glad that they were heavy sleepers. The lights soon ceased and the guests seemed to tire. It was like the babies’ presence had calmed the room. It was truly magical. The guests started to leave back to their houses. “When will you and Ophelia come back to school?” Amy asked me. “We’ll be there tomorrow.” Amy smiled. “Good before graduation is just around the corner.” I couldn’t believe it. It was like ever since I found out that Ophelia was pregnant everything else just started to fly by. Now my babies were here and graduation was coming. Time was surely flying by. Before I knew it, it’d be gone and I’d be walking across the stage to get my diploma. Then I’d go to college. The one-year off was kind of out of the question now. I needed to get my education. I needed a great job. After all I did have twins. Life was going by so fast and I couldn’t believe it.

I couldn’t believe it. It was already graduation day. I was happy that I had lost all of my baby fat and was back to my tiny self. I stared at myself in my robe and over to my adorable children sleeping soundly in their cribs. I still remember the day Logan and I brought them home. I could remember it like it was yesterday. Even though it had been only four months ago. They were still so small; Eliza being the smallest. She got that from me and Emery took after his father in the height department. Even though they’d only been in my life for a short time I couldn’t imagine what my life would be like without them. Logan’s mother would probably still hate me and my life would probably have stayed roughly the same. I walked over to my desk that had all my makeup and hair products on it. I sat down in the old wooden chair. I’d noticed that most of the furniture in Logan’s house was actually pretty old, but very nice looking. Logan was downstairs eating and I just stayed up here in our room to think. So much had happened my senior year. What I thought was going to be a horrible and dull year turned out to be the most frantic, scary, wonderful, beautiful, and simply perfect year on my life. I got back up slipping my robe off and laying it neatly on the soft king sized bed that was by the cribs. I was still in my pajamas and figured I should change into some better clothes. I’d taken my shower already, but I had just felt like staying in my pajamas. I went to the walk in closet grabbing a tank top and some shorts. I’d put my after party clothes in Logan’s car and either change in the car or in the bathroom when we got to where we were going. I slipped on my tank top before pulling my shorts on. I heard a whistle and a smile crept across my face. “I see you missed my skinny body too.” I turned to see Logan leaning on the doorframe. He smiled crossing the room without a word and pulling me in for a kiss. His hand laid lightly on my cheek as my fingers tangled themselves in his soft brown hair. He had gotten highlights recently and they fitted him quite well. He had changed also since we had the kids. He seemed for relaxed, more free, as if he was finally his own person instead of working so hard to please his mother. He pulled away looking at me with those beautiful eyes that sparkled like the stars at midnight. “I love you either way. You’re beautiful no matter the shape of your body the color of your hair or the clothes you were. No matter what you’re always beautiful to me.” he chuckled then made a face like was thinking hard. “Well except when you’re angry or on your period.” he chuckled and I couldn’t help but punch him in the shoulder. “Whatever.” I said putting my robe back in its protective cover. “You know I’m joking.” he said going to the closet to grab his robe out of the closet.
**

I grabbed my robe from the closet laying it next to Ophelia’s on the couch. We were graduating today and before to long I would be leaving to Yale School of Medicine. I didn’t know how I could just up and leave my family here. I didn’t know how I could leave Ophelia here with the kids and my parents. I didn’t want to leave, but I knew that if I wanted us to have a great future I needed to. I would be gone for a long time, but I would be very sure to come back and visit as often as I could. I was going to miss them so much. I looked at Ophelia. She was standing by the cribs looking down at our twins. I knew she was thinking about it too. We were both going to be going to college. She would be going to the nearby community college, which would make it easier for her to see the kids. I was glad my mother had finally gotten to like her. It would make everything so much easier when I’m gone. I smiled looking up at the clock. The time was growing near now and it would probably be best to get the kids all dressed. I walked over to Ophelia kissing her lightly on the cheek. “It’ll be okay” I whispered lightly into her ear picking up Emery. He sighed heavily before opening it big brown eyes. He was so cute. He looked just like his mother. He had her small cute smile and her eyes. He even had her eyes. Ophelia picked up Eliza, although unlike her brother she stayed asleep. She chuckled. “She’s like you when she sleeps.” she stuck her tongue out at me. “The one who will not wake.” I chuckled shaking my head and laying Emery down on the bed. She laid Eliza next to him and going to pick out there clothes. She picked a light pink dress for Eliza and tan pants with a button up shirt for Emery. She dressed Eliza in no time putting a white flower headband on her head. In the time it took her to get Eliza completely ready I had just got Emery dressed. Needless to say I was horrible at dressing the kids. I was so slow. Of course I just said I didn’t want to hurt them, which I didn’t. After I finally finished dressing Emery Ophelia and I put our robes on. She looked so beautiful in her golden robe. Golden robes were for the people with GPA’s of 3.5 and above. She’d worked hard to keep her 4.0 GPA and she deserved to wear that gold color, we both did. She grabbed her cap laying it perfectly on the top of her head. Her hair was straight and laying over her shoulders, shining brightly. I smiled without realizing it as my mom yelled up to us that it was time to go. Ophelia strapped Eliza in her carrier and started to carry her downstairs. I did the same and walked down the stairs to the front door. Ophelia was there waiting for me my parents standing with her. My mom ushered me over to Ophelia and snapped a few pictures of just us then us with the kids. I couldn’t remember the last time my mom had been so happy. It made me happy to see her that happy. We picked up the kids and went out to the car placing them in the base. We had them placed where there was a spot in the middle of them for someone to sit. In other words a place for Ophelia to sit. I sat in the very back right behind her. Before I knew it we were on our way, to walk across that stage, and start our college lives.
**

We soon reached the auditorium and there were blue and golden robes everywhere. I looked over at each of my babies. They were both awake now and smiling. Their smiles calmed my nerves a bit as Logan hopped out grabbing Emery. I hopped out the opposite way and grabbed Eliza. I was surprised at the fact I could carry the carrier as well as I could. We started to walk to the auditorium his parents followed behind us. We were soon surrounded by a few of our friends wanting to see the baby. Nobody but Amy had seen the twins since they were born. They were all smiling telling us how cute they were. Of course we already knew that, no one had to convince us of that. His parents soon walked up behind us, telling us that is was time for us to get ready. They grabbed the kids and began to walk to their designated seats in the front. Our friends were so happy and began to talk about where they were going and what they planned to do. It was an amazing feeling to just be here. I’d known these people for most of my life, some longer than others and now we were graduating. We were all grown-up now. We were adults. It wasn’t until I pulled my hand up to pull my hair to one side that they saw the ring. It had caught the sun light and sparkled brightly. The guys began to smile and pat Logan on the shoulder as the girls squealed and hugged me. You’d think they’d never seen an engaged couple before. I just smiled and told them how he had asked me. They all aww’d with happiness as the teachers came out and ushered us into the auditorium. We all sat down like we had practiced twice already. Even though I wasn’t married to Logan yet they had placed me next to him. I didn’t know why they wanted to sit me by him, but I wasn’t complaining. I looked over to where all the parents were seated and saw that Mayra was holding Emery in her lap and my mother was holding Eliza. I hadn’t seen my parents arrive, but there they were, sitting right next to Logan’s parents.
**

Before to long the ceremony began. I smiled looking over to Ophelia as a slide show began and a song started to play. It had pictures of our great times as seniors. We all laughed and some cried. A picture of me and Ophelia flashed across the screen. I had my hand placed on her stomach. This picture had been taken not to long after she left school to have the twins. Everyone aww’d and I smiled. More pictures flashed across the screen and started to turn into pictures from our previous years. So many memories in this slide show. It was amazing how much each of us had grown. I smiled as the slide show ended and grabbed Ophelia’s hand. The valedictorian, Thomas Green, walked up on the stage to begin his speech. “Welcome parents, faculty, family, students to the Class of 2009 senior graduation. We’ve grown a lot since we were the nervous awkward freshmen that we were. We are now the intelligent and proud adults you see before you. We worked hard, we stayed up until the wee hours of the morning to pass exams to strive to be the greatest. Some who had unexpected surprises still wear gold today.” I saw Thomas smile and glance at me and Ophelia. “Greatness. I don’t believe that greatness is something just happens to you. Whether your parents were Ivy league, your brother a star quarter back, or your sister a famous actress. I believe greatness is achieved. Through hard work and dedication. I believe anyone can achieve greatness and that is what we have done. We have achieved greatness. We have made it. We will be great. We will change this world for the best. We have made it this far and now we can do anything. We are unstoppable. Carpe diem” he smiled grabbing his papers and returning to his seat. I smiled knowing that we were about to get our diplomas. The superintendent went up to the microphone. “Thank you Thomas Green for that wonderful speech. Parents you should be proud. These are some great kids here. Let’s get started. Chantell Adams...” he began to call the names of the graduates. The screams and shouts started as one by one they crossed stage. As Ophelia and I got in line it became more nerve racking for me. After a few minutes Ophelia and I were next. “Logan Flemings...” he said and I let go of Ophelia’s hand and walked across the stage. As I started to leave he caught my arm nodding his head towards Ophelia. I looked at her as the spot light hit her; she was so beautiful. “Ms. Soon to be Ophelia Flemings...” he said. I chuckled as Ophelia made her way across the stage taking her diploma. She placed her hand on my tassel and I placed mine on hers and we moved them to the left side. I smiled pulling her close. “And right down here on the first row are their beautiful twins Emery and Eliza.” I smiled to Ophelia as everyone began to cheer and we exited the stage together. We took a couple more pictures before returning to our seats. We had done it. We had done it.

This is more of a transition than anything

Days went by and the kids got bigger. Everyday they seemed to just grown up before their eyes. They spend their last months together as a family; choosing to miss parties and social gatherings. Logan and Ophelia started classes in the Fall which was only a short three months away. They knew the time would fly and before long Logan would be miles away. He knew how hard it would be for Ophelia and promised to call her everyday. He wanted to make sure they had a great future together. Ophelia knew herself it wasn’t going to be easy in the least. She was just glad that she had his parents there to help her. She was going to major in nursing and Logan would major in medicine to be a doctor. They wanted to make sure that Emery and Eliza had the best life as possible.

Soon two weeks had passed and they planned a wedding. They didn’t want a big wedding just simple one with the twins, family, and of course Amy. They planned to have a small ceremony outside under the shade of a red bud tree. It took them two days to plan and the days following Ophelia picked out her dress, Logan found his tux, and everyone else found clothes of their own. Within a month they were ready to wed.

“Calm down Ophelia” Amy said putting Ophelia’s veil on her head. I watched as the veil was placed on my head, my nerves were running like crazy. “This is nerve racking Amy. I’m getting married!” I said sitting down in a nearby chair. I couldn’t believe I was about to get married. Logan and I had talked about this. We had wanted to get married before we had to leave for school. Now we were about to become Mr and Mrs. Logan Fleming. It was crazy. I was extremely nervous but, yet so very excited. “Yeah I know but, remember you love him.” Amy said patting me on the shoulder. “And you look beautiful.” she smiled and hugged me. I hadn’t really thought about how I looked. I had my hair pulled up with a veil and tiara around it. I was wearing a strapless wedding dress with a long train behind it. It was sequenced beautifully. My makeup was done naturally so I didn’t look like a mannequin. I was beautiful. I smiled and got up to hug Amy. “I’m getting married I can’t believe.” I started to cry a little and Amy started to freak out. “No No! Don’t cry you’ll ruin your make up!” Amy yelled and pushed me down in my chair and got a tissue to dab at the tears. “Sorry.” I said with a light chuckle. “There is minimal makeup on my face anyway Amy so calm down.” I got up taking the tissue from her hand. I tossed it in a nearby trash can. I walked to the middle of the room as I heard the door open. I watched as my dad walked through the door. He had been crying. “Oh dad” I said and walked over to him wrapping my arms around him. “You grew up so fast.” he said to me hugging me back. He smiled up to me. “It’s time to go.” he said and taking my arm. I smiled to Amy as she walked out to her escort.
**

“Dude calm down.” Brennan said. I was extremely nervous. I hadn’t seen Ophelia since the day before yesterday. My brother was my best man and it was getting closer to time for me to go into the sanctuary. I didn’t think I would be so nervous but, I guess surprises happen all the time. “I am calm.” I said trying to play it off. “Yeah that’s why you’re sweating. Whatever Logan.” he said handing me a handkerchief. I took it happily dabbing at my forehead. I handed it back to him and he tucked it back into his pocket. I didn’t know why I was nervous I really shouldn’t be. “I was nervous too you know. Every guy is. I mean really you’re about to marry the woman you love. What’s not to be nervous about. When everything you’ve ever wanted is walking down the isle to you. Out of everyone she could have picked she picked you. It is nerve racking but, I’ll tell you something. It’s the best feeling.” he put his hand on my shoulder and I took a big sigh. It helped a little to hear my brother encouraging words. A few minutes later the reverend came out telling me it was time for me to go inside. I smiled looking at my brother as Amy came out with a smile. “Let’s have a wedding.” she said with a smile. I chuckled and walked into the sanctuary.
**

I stood with my father at the end of the line of people as the music started to play. When the music started to play it was like my heart stopped. I just told myself to keep breathing so I did. I just kept breathing. Deep breaths in and out until I could feel my heart beating again. I smiled as the doors opened and the maid of honor and the best man walked in first followed by the groomsmen and the bridesmaids. Soon everyone was gone and it was just me and my father. Soon the music started to play signaling me to begin my walk down the isle. Instead of feeling nervous as the music started I felt a sense of relief as the doors opened revealing everyone within. All eyes on me and my eyes on Logan.
**

I swear my jaw dropped when I saw her. She was beautiful and I just couldn’t believe that this girl wanted to marry me. She had picked me to marry out of all the people in this world. Me. We’ve been through everything together. Ever since we were kids I knew I wanted to be with her forever and now I could. I just couldn’t believe how fast time flew. I could remember it like it was yesterday when I first asked her to be mine. I could remember every detail. Then the moment I saw Ophelia I seemed to forget everything for a moment. Everyone in the room seemed to just disappear and the only person I saw was her. My dear Ophelia walking down the isle. She was like an angel. Every hair was in place and the dress fit her perfectly. I just couldn’t believe it. I watched as she reached me and her father handed her off to me. I took her hand smiling. “You’re beautiful” I said softly. She smiled and squeezed my hand. “You’re not to bad yourself.” I heard her say and I chuckled. We turned to the reverend smiling. “Shall we begin?” he asked. Ophelia and I looked at each other then back to the reverend. “Yes,” we said together. “Let’s start.”
**

"We are gathered together on this beautiful afternoon to share with Ophelia and Logan as they exchange vows of their everlasting love.” the reverend said beginning the ceremony. “As Ophelia and Logan take their vows today, we are privileged to witness the joyous love of a new family -- a family that will be nourished and nurtured through the devotion of two separate individuals growing together through the common bonds of love. May their marriage bring them the peace, joy, comfort and contentment that is known in the hearts of all God's children. And may Logan and Ophelia both look forward to each new season of their marriage --- just as the world looks forward to each new season of the year. For all seasons bring with them their own special moments and memories.” I glanced over at Logan and smiled. He looked so calm. My eyes returned to the reverend. “ An essential requirement of a good marriage is a strong bond of real friendship and trust. Ophelia and Logan, your love for each other will grow deeper with every passing day, but it's important to remember that your love stands on a foundation of genuine, mutual affection and respect for each other. To truly love another person is to be willing to accept both their strong points, and their weak points, with equal measures of understanding and respect. The vows you are about to exchange, will serve as a verbal representation of the non-verbal emotions that are as real as any thing that can be seen, heard or touched.
For it is not the words that you will speak today that will bond you together as one --- but the strength of the love and commitment found deep within your souls.” I didn’t know that a reverend talked so much. It was horrible to actually be some what bored at your own wedding. I let out a small chuckle at the thought seeing Logan smile. “Let us say a prayer” he said as everyone bowed their heads. “Dear heavenly father...” he began. After he finished praying he looked up to us. “At this time, I’ll ask you, Logan, and you, Ophelia, to face each other & take each other’s hands.” We smiled turning to each other and gladly taking each others hands. “ Logan, will you take Ophelia to be your wife, your partner in life and your one true love? Will you cherish her friendship and love her today, tomorrow and forever? Will you trust and honor her, laugh with her and cry with her? Will you be faithful through good times and bad, in sickness and in health as long as you both shall live?” Logan smiled squeezing my hands. “I definitely do.” I giggled smiling at him. “Ophelia, will you take Logan to be your husband, your partner in life and your one true love? Will you cherish his friendship and love him today, tomorrow and forever? Will you trust and honor him, laugh with him and cry with him? Will you be faithful through good times and bad, in sickness and in health as long as you both shall live?” I looked to Logan with a sparkle in my eyes “Without a doubt. I do.” I smiled at him. The reverend paused and smiled. “Well then. You may kiss the bride.” I watched as Logan smiled the biggest smile I’d seen in a long time. He leaned down kissing me lightly and just like that we were married.

iFrankie GOLD said...
on Oct. 9 2011 at 12:30 pm
iFrankie GOLD, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

"You only live once"

If you know of any publisher i could send this book to let me know

iFrankie GOLD said...
on Aug. 12 2011 at 9:44 pm
iFrankie GOLD, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

"You only live once"

I'm not sure how to go about publishing it

on Aug. 12 2011 at 8:29 pm
MiNdLeSsLuVeRgIrL BRONZE, Kenly, North Carolina

If you love something let it go, if it comes back its yours if it doesn't, it never was!

do it maybe ppl would start reading more

iFrankie GOLD said...
on Aug. 12 2011 at 1:41 pm
iFrankie GOLD, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

"You only live once"

I have actually started the sequel to this book. I haven't been writing much since a lot has been going on in my life but, i hope to get back to it. I've wanted to publish this book but, have been to afraid to.

on Aug. 9 2011 at 11:42 pm

Beautiful just Beautiful keep it up please are you considering being a writer?