Don't Kiss and Run | Teen Ink

Don't Kiss and Run

By Katie Klaus, Billings, Montana
Katie Klaus, Billings, Montana

Author's note: Um, I don't know, I am having tons of fun writing it!

When Nick West is dared to kiss the next girl who comes around the corner, he never expected to fall for her. He doesn't even know her name, but he is going to find her. No matter how long it takes. He's in New York for goodness sakes! It could take forever...

It's been a week. Seven days. 168 hours. 10,080 minutes. 604...you get the point.

All I can think about is her, the mysterious girl. I don't even know her name. I wish I could dedicate my time to finding her, but being the 19 year old CEO of West Industries does have it's downside.

Even being a child protege, it doesn't improve my suckish memory. Which is now obvious, since I can't remember the license plate number.

"Mr. West? Your four 'o clock appointment is here," my secretary interrupted my thoughts.

"Thank you Mary, send them in," I replied over my phone.

A representative from Kale & Smith Inc. was coming to talk about merging for a line.

Frankly, I think it would be a bad move for our company, but my Dad is adamant that it's the right thing to do.

There was a soft knock on the door, then Mary, my stereotypical secretary came in. I've always wondered if she would turn into a beauty if she took her hair down...

Anyway!

Behind Mary was an old fat man. Think, late 50's, barely any hair, big bald spot, and weighing in around 250. Charming.

"Mr. West. Pleasure," Fatty nodded.

"Ah, Mr....?"

"Heath. Jake Heath." Dude, you're not James Bond.

"Mr. Heath, how may I help you?" I got straight to the point. Leave formalities for those who aren't trying to find a girl that kissed and ran. Or, I kissed and then they ran..

Not the point.

"It's about the clothing line we, at Kale & Smith, would like to include you in. I know, you don't normally do dresses, but we only have both of our companies best interests at heart. The face of the line, is Mr. Smith's daughter. She really is a wonderful model. She isn't the prettiest girl, but is tolerable." He droned on.

The face of the line clearly isn't her. She was by far the most beautiful girl I have ever seen.

After a deal satisfactory to both of us was settled on, James Bond wannabe took his leave.

I had a meeting with the CEO of their company next week. That should be fun!

I sighed. Today has been boring; 4 morning appointments, lunch interview, 5 afternoon appointments and still a dinner meeting.

The saying goes, 'A woman's work is never done', I disagree. While they get to stay home, they can sleep, or go shopping, they don't have the worry about holding down a job, plus while they drain the bank, we men, are busy working to support their shopping sprees.

A man's job is never done.

I gathered up my folders I still had to look through, and headed out the door. "Night Mary!" I called as I passed her desk.

"Good night Mr. West,"

As I took the elevator my thoughts were on the mystery girl. Subconsciously, I clicked the first floor and as it began it's descent, I heard, "Oh! Mr. West! How are you?" A voice giggled behind me.

I turned around and saw a woman, maybe thirty-five, standing there. "Hello...er, I'm sorry, who are you?" I said searching my brain trying to remember her.

"I'm Francesco. From the law firm." She said looking hurt. "I work for you and your Father in the law firm, next door."

"Francesca." I repeated, still not sure who she was. "Good afternoon." I said as the elevator door slid open.

I nodded to the receptionist as I walked out the door.

I headed straight for my baby- my Audi R8. I climbed into it and started driving home, my parents mansion. I suppose being the 19 year old CEO of your own company does have it's upsides.

As I slowed down for a red light, I mindlessly looked out the window, observing the people walking. Some old, some young. Some in suits, others in sweats or even Jimmy Choo.

I sound like a girl. . .

Just as I was turning away from looking at the people, I caught sight of someone's backside.

Mid-waist length light brown hair, with blond highlights, and softly swaying hips as she weaved through the crowds.

I quickly pulled over as I saw a empty parking slot, and ran forwards, trying to catch her.

I did.

"Hey!" I panted, when she turned around at my touch on her shoulder.

"I'm sorry, who are you?" She said in her musical voice.

I have to admit, it hurt she didn't remember me. "Oh! Um...I'm the guy who kissed you last week..." I smiled sheepishly.

"Oh!" She giggled. "I'm sorry! I didn't remember. Who are you?" Oh...right! Name.

"Nicolas West. But everyone calls me Nick...but I really don't mind if you call me Nicolas. Not at all... or you can call me Nicky, like most girls do...sorry! I shouldn't be talking about other girls. What's your name? I really hope you live here," I babbled. I've never been so nervous! Especially because a girl.

She put her hand up and covered my mouth, cutting off not only my endless chatter, but my breath too.

"Shh!" She laughed. "I didn't get half what you said, but I have to go! Nice meeting you!" And before I could protest she started walking away.

"Wait! Just...wait," I requested. "What's your name?"

"It's a secret!" She winked. "Nice meeting you, Nickel!"

Nickel? I pondered. Then I remembered, when she came around the corner, she dropped a nickel and as she stood from picking it up, I kissed her. Funny, I didn't remember that.

I slowly climbed back into my car and drove the rest of the way thinking about her.

As I pulled through the gates, I saw several cars out front, meaning company.

Maybe if I sneak in, I can make it to the pool...

I opened the big, fifteen foot door and walked toward my room. "Nicolas!" My Mother's soft voice stopped me. "We have company, so please join us."

Translation: "Don't act silly and there are girls wanting to stare at you."

Yeah, I liked the un-translated version better. "Of course, Mother." I kissed her cheek as I walked past.

As I sat down across from some blond twins, I could already tell it was going to be a tiring night.

Writtingisamazing BRONZE, Allentown, Pennsylvania

Act as if what you do makes a difference because it does!

Omg please write more this is so good with a cliff hanger I absolutely die when a book stops with a clog hanger so please write more!!

SarahHarmon GOLD, Lawrenceville, New Jersey

"I have learned that people will forget what you did, people will forget what you said, but people will never forget how you made them feel." ~Maya Angelou

Amazing! It was so well writte and definately grasps the reader's attention. Please please please keep it up! Also if you have any free time would you please giving me some feedback on my novelette, "Leaves"? It would be greatly appreciated!

cantdeleteaccounthelp, Sey, West Virginia
Write more! It's really awesome!!!

Zuccini75 BRONZE, Chantilly, Virginia

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and let people wonder, than telling them yourself."
-Myself

Oh! That was SO WELL WRITTEN - you have to continue this, I need to know what happens!

BlackRaven said...
BlackRaven, Brooklyn, New York

Love,Hate,& happiness.PLAY your music your way!

The summary of this book is really intreging

Coaxoch said...
Coaxoch, Chicago, Illinois

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
― Marilyn Monroe

this book is awesome!!!!!

wilderose121 said...
this sounds really good! update! :D

C.L.Erins BRONZE, Nunn, Colorado
1 article 1 photo 31 comments

The past is like a pen. You can always cross it out, but you can never erase it. ( unless you have one of those special erasable pens and in that case... well you are lucky)

Hilarious!! keep going please!!

Milly xD said...
on Nov. 23 2011 at 11:42 am

Amazing! Please keep writing! i want to read more!

ledkatarina said...
on Sep. 18 2011 at 12:42 am
great! pleaaase continue!

ThePeaceDaisy BRONZE, Albany, New York

“Laundry is the only thing that should be separated by color.” - Unknown
I will change this every week!

definitely keep writing more of the book! i would love to read it! great job :)

ekaterinahansing, San Antonio, Texas

Being bored is a choice. Choose not to.

wow i love it! keep going, because this is definately going on my faves!

on Aug. 5 2011 at 8:47 am
Bookworm1998 GOLD, Brampton, Other

Preserve your memories, keep them well; what you forget, you can never retell.

great start. it sounds like a really cool book!

kmcan said...
kmcan, Jenks, Oklahoma

"Experience is a brutal thing, but you learn, my God, you learn." - C. S. Lewis

This is really good! Please keep up the awesome work and submit more soon!

artist@heart said...
on May. 27 2011 at 5:04 am
please keep it coming...awesome so far