Friendly Love | Teen Ink

Friendly Love

Author's note: This is my first story on Teen ink. So umm well I hope you all enjoy it :) ( i am sorry for the not so good chapter name choices I didn't even have a name for the story untill today...)

Lyla sat in a tree with her friend Peter they were watching the soccer game in the field next to theirs. “Peter come and get your shin grads on” called his mom “alright mom” he jumped down “I will be over in a minute” said Lyla. After he was over by everyone else she jumped down and walked over to a girl stretching

“That was a nice game” she said

“Thanks” said the girl the girl had brown hair and brown eyes a tanish skin from play soccer she was slender and had a kind smile on Lyla smiled back. ^I wonder who this is thought the girl she seems nice^ and like any other girl she as golden brown hair and bright blue eyes she is slender and a little paler than me but there is something different about her but Isabella could not put her finger on it.

“I am Lyla” said Lyla

“Nice to meet you Lyla I am Isabella” said the girl

“Nice to meet you Isabella, I think I have seen you before in our neighborhood” said Lyla

“Yea I live just two houses down from you” said Isabella

“Lyla the game is going to start soon!” Called her mom

“Well I will see you around” said Lyla

“Yea see ya”

Lyla ran over in her family and friends.
The whistle blow the game started. ***

It was the last few minutes of the game Ella made a past to Peter and he pasted it Lyla she got it, it was now or lose the game Lyla kicked it hard it went into the goal! They won! They won by only a few points! Lyla was stunned for a minute everyone on the team cheered and ran to her. Peter hugged her “that was great” he said and they smiled at each other. “That was Awesome!” Said Ella. “Great job honey!” Said Lyla’s mom Lyla’s brother and sister Taylor and Amber gave her a high five “I got a picture of you great kick too” said her dad he showed it to her it was a good picture and so were the two after the last one showed the her face after the ball went in then she took the camera from him and looked at the lasted picture over her and Peter when he hugged her from be hide he had a big smile on his face Lyla’s eyes sparkled and her mouth was open from laughing it was a cute picture she thought. That night they went out to eat with Hayson family to celebrate the winning game. Now Oldden was a small town it was by Lake Eire and well not well known. It had a bank a few restaurants, a movie theater, a school, a gas station, some small businesses, police and fire department hospital and a park with some woods too. Almost everyone knew each other they went to Sweetie’s diner Mr. And Mrs. Nelson owned it and they named their diner after their beagle sweetie who liked to greet the guest or sit that their feet.

Lyla was down by the creek by herself just thinking her feet in the water. *SNAP!* She turned around to see Peter she smiled “Whatcha doing down here by yourself?” Asked Peter “Oh” said Lyla Looking at the water “I just came down to think” she said Peter sat down next to her and put his feet in the water. “What are you thinking about” he asked

“Stuff”

“What kind of stuff?”

“Nosey much?!” Said Lyla she nudged Peter “I don’t know just life I guess, so are you guys doing the acting summer camp thing?”

“Yep what about you?

“Yea I wonder what the first play is….”Said Peter

“No Idea” They sat there in silence. Peter cleared his throat “So um anything new?” Asked Lyla breaking the silence “not really” answered Peter “What about with you?” Lyla Shrugged. Peter seemed to zone out “what are you thinking about?”
“Huh? Oh I ummm” he looked at her “Nothing” Lyla looked at her friend with worried eyes “is something wrong, Peter?”
“No I was just thinking about doing this!” He picked her up and gently tossed her into the river. Lyla came up above the water gasping Peter laughed a bit “Are you alright?” He asked holding back a laugh from the look on her face as she moved the mop of hair from her face. “Peter Hayson what the hell was that for?! And I will get you back for that!”
“Come on you have to admit it was kind funny” Lyla thought a minute was kinda funny she still didn’t like the unexpected swim in the river which seemed more like a narrow lake. “Alright fine it was, now be a gentleman and help me up” Lyla said holding her hands up for him to take he and she pulled him in. Peter came up above the water again he heard Lyla’s laugh he thought it sounded like sweet bells ringing. Lyla moved closer and moved the dirty blond hair from his eyes his stunning blue eyes. Peter put his hands on her waist and pulled her closer so her chest touched his “what are you looking at like that?” She asked surprised she had never seen him look at her like that “You” Lyla tried to read what his smile his eyes were trying to say but this time she couldn’t.

**********

Lyla was walking to the theater with Ella her best friend along with Peter and John, Ella’s older and younger brothers and Taylor and Amber Lyla’s older brother and younger sister. Lyla and Peter were swinging Amber in between them. Amber giggled as they swung her high front to back and front again. When they got there they learned they were going to be in pares everyone knew the same song they had to sing for the additions. Ella was pared with Taylor, John was pared with another girl they knew Victoria Thompson and Amelia was in the group of the little kids who were trying out for the animals and Lyla and Peter were paired together.

“All right everyone our play is the Lion king”! Said Mrs. Norris “you and your partner will sing ‘Don’t stop believing’ we told you we will have a screen to know what part you will sing. All the girls are person 2 and the boys person 1.”

When it was Lyla’s and Peter’s turn they were the last pair.

“Alright let’s go last ones!”

Lyla grab Peter’s hand she was studding nervous and she did know why. They walked out onto the stage they had their mix in their hands.

“Alright Lyla Brownson and Peter Hayson right?” They nodded “alright sing away” and they sang. “That was great we want you to sing another any song you both know just to make sure we get this right”. Lyla whispered into Peter’s ear he nodded

“Yes, Way back into love you know from music and lyrics” said Peter “we just watched it”
“sounds great” said Mrs. Norris and the other guy who was also there to decide who would do the play the music start. And they started singing they sang and danced a little. “Alright we will call you out in a little while and we’ll have everyone here to announce the actors and actresses.” Thanks and they left for back stage. “Oh and by the way there are some papers for you both on the table to take” said Mrs. Norris poking her head back in. They nodded “Thanks” they said and she left again they took the papers looked throw them quickly they sat by their friends and siblings
“How did it go?” Asked Ella “Good they asked us to sing another song, they said they call us all out in a little bit to announce the cast.”
They sat waiting for what seemed like an hour when finely Mrs. Norris and Luke came in the room everyone was now sitting straight up with hopeful eyes hoping to hear their names to be called. “Alright now for the moment you have been waiting for-“ Mrs. Norris named the cast “and finely our Simba and Nola with be played by… Peter Hayson and Lyla Brownson congrats to all of you and we hope you join us for many more plays” Mrs. Norris said Smiling widely.

Isabella ran up to them on the road “so how did it go what did you get?” She asked

“Hymenia number one also a giraffe in the beginning and in the I can’t wait to be king song” said Ella

“Tamon” said Taylor

“Pumba” said John

“Ant eater ” said Amelia happily

Lyla smiled “Nola” she said

“Simba” said Peter smiling Isabella’s eyes widened “you got the main animals! Wow! That’s awesome!” She said everyone laughed

XXXX 5 weeks later XXXX

Lyla looked out from be hide the curtain

“Full house?” Asked Ella

“Well there are still people coming” Lyla answered

XXX mouth later at the theater XXX

“Alright everyone we are doing this audition a little differently we will call the character then pick a name from the hat then call you on stage. Okay our play is a sad love story a classic Romeo and Juliet” said Mrs. Norris a lot the boys groaned. “Alright playing Romeo is…” she pulled a name out of a hat “Charlie Markert” there were a few claps Charlie was sitting in front of Lyla and turned to wink at her before he ran up to the stage. “Alright Romeo we need to find your Juliet who will be played by… Lyla Brownson” some people clapped but Lyla just sank in her seat and groaned “Lyla would you please come up here” asked Mrs. Norris Peter looked at Lyla and smiled encouragingly at her. Lyla sighed heavily then dragged herself up on stage and stud next to Charlie he was actually very nice just weird very weird he wore glasses but that didn’t bother Lyla she herself had glasses she didn’t wear them much but her mom had said she should and insisted she was them today. Charlie also was taller by like 7 inches he was not the best of looking and was a little wide around the middle. He also had big braces that almost always have something stuck in them Mrs. Norris called the rest of the cast “alright we are done for the day see you all tomorrow.” Lyla was quite walking back home

”Something bugging you?” Asked Peter

“I don’t want to do the part with Charlie did you see how he looked at me?!”

“Yea it was kinda creepy…”

“He has had the biggest crush on me since he got to that theater and told me the second time I saw him!” Lyla said a little upset

“Well I won’t let him do anything ‘funny’ okay you have my word” said Peter she looked at him and smiled “You’re the best you know that”

*It was the next day* Lyla was talking to some of the other girls at the theater when a lady who looked to be about her mom’s age maybe a little older came up to her “Hello Darling I don’t know if you know me or not but I am Charlie’s mom and just like to say he was so happy to get the part and to have you play as Juliet!” Lyla put on a smile she looked at Mrs. Market she had an 80’s style hair weird clothes and she smacked her gum witch Lyla found quite annoying “last night that is almost all he talked about he said you were the prettiest girl in the theater’s summer club and you were very smart he even told me he had a crush on you isn’t that sweet!”

“Mom what are you doing?” Charlie had walked over “Oh I was just talking to you little girlfriend here”

“Oh I am not his girlfriend” said Lyla quickly

“Oh too bad you’d make a cute couple” Mrs. Markert giggled a little. Lyla smiled trying to hide the pain she felt “I am sorry but I have to go and talk to Mrs. Norris about something.”

“Oh sweetie you want to come over tomorrow after rehearsal for an afternoon snack or something? We have games and such if you like those kind of things” said Mrs. Markert Charlie pushed up his glasses he was staring at Lyla. “I ummm I don’t know I might have something going on after.”

“Oh well it was nice meeting you, Hon.”

“And you too Mrs. Markert” Lyla walked off when she was out of sight she ran be hide stage and up the stairs to the where the tech stuff was. Lyla sat in the corner and hugged her knees Lyla started muttering to herself. When she heard Peter coming up the stairs “Lyla? I didn’t think you’d be up here”

“I am hiding from Charlie and his mom” Peter put the box he had in his hands down on the table next to him then came and sat on the floor next to her “His mom invited me to their house tomorrow I can’t go not after she thinks he is my boyfriend and we are supposed to do the big kiss scene tomorrow! I don’t want my first real kiss with him!” Lyla hugged her knees tighter and rested her head on her knees tears leaked from her eyes and ran down her red cheeks Peter pulled Lyla close and hugged her trying to comfort his friend to the best he could.

“I-I don’t know if this would help but I could be your first real kiss…?” Lyla looked at him with a tear stunned face “you’d give up your first real kiss to me?” Lyla asked in a small voice. She had never thought about it until now when he asked but now she realized she loved Peter and not in the way she thought she did. Peter smiled “Of course”

“But I thought you were saving your first real kiss for a special girl?”

“You are a special girl, Lyla” and with that Peter pulled her even closer and kissed her on the lips when they broke apart their foreheads and noses touching. “How did that feel” Peter asked her Lyla smiled slyly “Perfect you?”

“Defiantly perfect” They kissed again then again but this time they held it Charlie came bounding in on the scene he took out his phone quickly to a picture then quickly put it back. “Oh I see I am intruding on something” he said rather loudly Lyla and Peter quickly broke from there kiss and looked at him “Well Lyla I thought we had something but I guess I was wrong if you are going to go around kissing other guys”

“Charlie I hate to be harsh but we had nothing going on and Peter is the only guy I have kissed actly that was my first real kiss” said Lyla “that as my first real kiss to” added Peter “Well why didn’t you go find some other girl other than mine to kiss” asked Charlie Lyla raised a eye brow “I am not your girl Charlie I am nobody’s ‘girl’ ” Lyla was on her feet now walking up to Charlie “and I am asking Mrs. Norris to trade spots with Vicky Loon” Lyla wander off

“So is she a good kisser?” Asked Charlie after she had gone “Yea not that you’ll ever know.” Peter got up and walked away “We’ll see about that” said Charlie to himself.

“I am sorry Lyla but Vicky does not want to trade” said Mrs. Norris

“Please does anyone? Or I could just help around backstage and someone there can take my place?” Lyla Asked

“I am sorry Lyla but you are stuck as Juliet sometimes we have to have a part we don’t like it just how it is”

“It not the part but I was thinking since I played a big role in the last play-“

“Well Lyla you are a pretty good actress and like I said sometimes you get a part you don’t like”

“ It not the part it’s…….”

“It’s what?”

“It’s who plays Romeo I don’t like Charlie he is weird and I don’t want to kiss him he kinda creeps me out…”

“Well Lyla I am very sorry but there is nothing I can do unless Charlie and someone else wants to change spots.”

***It was the next day*** Peter went to open the door for Lyla but she made no move to walk in

“Are you going in?”

“No I am not…”

“And why not?”

“Because I refused to go any were Charlie is” Lyla said his name as if she had a bad taste in her mouth “Lyla aren’t you the one who told me not to do something just because I was afraid?”

“Yes, What’s your point?” Lyla asked

“That you should listen to yourself every once in awhile” Lyla looked at him hard “I am not afraid Peter I-”

“Okay then why won’t you go in?”

“Because I don’t want to kiss Charlie…” Lyla said flatly

“Come on please!? Will you just go in for me?” Lyla looked at Peter again he then proceeded to put a puppy dog face on Lyla laughed

“Alright fine” They walked in together there was a group in front of a wall when the large group caught sight of them they started to cheer and whistle. Lyla found it rather rude the way they were cheering and whistling they pushed through the group to see what was up. On the wall was a printed picture below it in red marker read “The real Romeo and Juliet ♥” Lyla’s eyes widened she gasped as she looked at the picture it was her and Peter kissing yesterday Lyla ran into the room with the big stage and up to the overhang and back to farthest corner she sat and hugged her knees and tears running down her face.

“Lyla?! Lyla?!” Lyla wiped her tears and come to the edge of the loft she stood looking down Peter had his back to her “I am up here” she said Peter turned

“Tis the east and Juliet is the sun” Lyla laughed “Oh Romeo oh Romeo”

“She speaks of, speak again, bright angel! For thou art as glorious to this night being o’er my head.” Lyla laughed she walked down to him they hugged “I didn’t that up so you know” he whispered Peter “I know” Lyla answered

“Oh look it’s the handsome Romeo and the beautiful Juliet” Lyla and Peter turned to see Charlie at the door Lyla walked up to him she slapped Charlie hard “How dare you?! You jerk!”

“Hey hey hey how do you know it was me?!” Lyla looked at him “alright it was me” Lyla slapped him again then walked backstage.

“She’s pretty good looking” said Charlie starring after her Peter walked up to him “Leave her alone alright she does not like you okay…”

“How do you know smarty?”

“I almost had to pick her up and brag her in today day because she didn’t want to be near you”

“Well she is coming to my house today didn’t she tell you?”

“Yeah well I think she forgot tell you that she has a music recital tonight” Peter walked out…

*** Lyla was laying on the stage floor they were running throw the hole play Lyla opened an eye and saw Charlie doing his lines he was on her left he sat on his knees she bit her tongue so she would not laugh he looked so funny in the costume. “So I give you one last kiss before I also died” <he messed up the line? We were supposed to have it memorized!>. Charlie bent down to kiss her Lyla could sense him over her. Lyla’s eyes flew open she pushed him off of her “I am sorry I can’t do this I just can’t” Lyla got up and ran back stage Ella was right there she took her friend in her arms “I couldn’t do it I just couldn’t” a few tears leaked from her eyes “I know I know it’s alright I am actually glad you didn’t after what he did to you and Peter and go you for slapping him Peter told me about that” the two friends smiled at each other and then hugged.

“Come on lets go talk to Mrs. Norris”

They found Peter then went to talk to her they found her in the costume room “Umm Mrs. Norris we need to talk to you”

“Sure kids what’s up?”

“Did you see the paper up on the wall in the lobby this morning there are a few around too?”

“Yes I did and actually was going to ask about that did you put them up?”

“No, I know who did”

“Who?”

“Charlie he told me himself Peter even heard him” Peter nodded in agreement

“Well then I think I need to talk with him and if he does it again come talk to me and I’ll take care of it alright? And it wasn’t you who did it to frame him?”

“No, thanks Mrs. Norris”
***
Lyla was walking out the door with her friends when someone grabbed her arm and pulled her back “I thought you were coming to my house with me?” It was Charlie.

“I told you can’t remember I have music recital tonight”

“Where?”

“Here but it I have to change since it a formal wear now please just leave me alone”

Lyla walked out of the theater “where did you go?”

“Charlie pulled me over to ask if I was coming over and I would not be surprised if he showed up tonight…”
*****
Lyla sat on the porch sat waiting for her family her grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins had come over and it was a little crazy inside Peter came up the drive in his dress pants and shirt with a tie.

“Hey Whatcha doin’ out here?”

“Waiting for my family it was just getting a little crazy inside so I came out here to get some air and well I was ready”

“Yea same at my house”

“Where is your guitar?”

“At my house why?”

“Are you playing tonight?”

“Yea I am playing”

“Oh your hair let me fix it really quick” Lyla fixed his hair so the spot didn’t stick up “They're much better” she moved some of his hair away from his eyes with a swop of her hand Peter leaded in and kissed her gently on the cheek

“Why are you two staring at each other? kissing each other?” They jumped a little it was Lyla’s littlest cousin “Grace! What are you doing out here?”

“I want to see you” she said a little confused if she was in trouble “I am I in trouble?” Grace asked in a small voice “No, No come here sweetie” said Lyla soft and sweetly she took her cousin in her lap she bounced her up and down Lyla’s mom came out on the porch “Oh good you have her alright we are going to leave soon”

“Alright, well why don’t Peter and I walk down there and we can take Grace with us”

“Alright I guess that’s fine you have your piano book?” Lyla showed her mom the book who nodded and went inside.

“I’ll just tell my mom alright?” Peter said standing “okay, We’ll just start if that’s okay?”

“Yea” Lyla took her little cousin’s hand they started they were at the end of their street when Peter came bounding up to them “got you!” He grabbed Lyla from behind Lyla laughed. when Peter let go Lyla looked at her cousin who looked confused “Are you two like mommy and daddy?”

“No, know we are just friends like you and Will”

“But I thought Will was my cousin like you?”

“Well yes but you're also friends right?” Grace nodded and seemed less confused. Lyla looked at Peter who didn’t seem to notice “I got a text from Ashley when I was walking to catch up with you”

“Really? What did it say?”

“Well she has been sending all these really girly messages I don’t maybe you could tell me what they mean”

“You mean like translate to you?”

“Um yea kinda” Lyla laughed “Alright let me see” Lyla took his phone and looked at the messages after a minute she gave it back to Peter “What does she say?”

“She likes you a lot”

“Like she likes-likes me?”

“Yea and I think she wants to be your girlfriend but to warn you if you did ask her out she probably push you to do things”

“Like what?”

“Things that are not for little ears to hear and is a little uncomfortable for older ones” Lyla said a little flatly Peter raised an eyebrow “Really?”

“Yes it is Ashley”

“Well I don’t what that is supposed to mean but I think I get it”
They got there then head back stage it was not long before the show started and soon it was Lyla’s turn. “Alright and next up we have Lyla Brownson” she smoothed her slivered colored dress. Lyla heard clapping as she walked out on stage she took a quick bow when she looked out where her family and friends were she saw Peter with a big cheesy grin and two thumbs up Lyla smiled then sat at the piano on stage. Lyla played her three songs then stood up and took a bow as the audience clapped. her family and friends stood up and gave her a standing ovation. Lyla walked off stage and came and to sit with her family and friends they each gave her a hug then she sat down in between Ella and Peter her little cousin came and sat on her lap. When they walked outside it was just barely getting dark

“Hey want to walk home with me? Peter asked

“Sure” replied Lyla “There is no more room in my car with the grandparents.”

(Back home) “I was going down to the creek want to come?” Lyla smiled and giggled a little “What?”

“Oh nothing just you, sure just one minute”

“Lyla, your great grandma is leaving come say good bye”

“Coming! be right back.”

“Mom Peter and I are going to the creek is that okay?”

“Alright but say goodbye to your grandma before she goes.” Lyla walked over to her great grandma “Good bye grandma” “Goodbye sweetie you played so beautifully tonight know I am glad I got to come”
“Thank you I am glad you got to come too”
“Oh and sweetie I heard you were going down to the creek with that nice handsome boy over there” Lyla looked at where her great grandma pointed she saw it was Peter. Her great grandma spoke softer “don’t be afraid to give him a little lip action alright” she patted Lyla’s shoulder. Lyla looked at her great grandma in surprise “good bye sweetie” said her great grandma she gave Lyla a kiss on the cheek then winked at her and shooed her off. “Lyla here is your phone” said her mom and gave her phone back

“Thanks mom” Lyla and Peter wandered off to the creek Taylor and John were about to follow them but Ella pulled them back “I don’t think so let them be”

“What do you mean” asked John

“Come on can’t you see they like-like each other?!”

“Um no” Ella rolled her eyes “Well they do so just let them be just for tonight.” ---

“So why did you want to come down here?” Asked Lyla wondering

“I don’t I guess I wanted you to myself for a little bit” Lyla raised an eyebrow at him she put her phone in one of the two ‘secret’ pockets in her dress and put her wrap around her closer her arms now folded.

“Well you have me right now something you want to talk about or something?”

“Well actually I did want to ask you something”

“What?” Peter put his arms around her “I love you and I wanted to ask if you’ll…Be my girlfriend maybe? Or at least be my date to the theater dance?” Lyla was surprised but she smiled

“Yes to both” Peter smiled widely “Really?!” Lyla smiled again and little surprised at her own answer “Yes of course!” Peter picked her up from around the waist and spun her around a few times then he gave her a quick kiss on the lips he let of go her and went to the edge of the small hill there were on and rolled down it when Lyla came and looked down on him he laid on his back “Yes she said yes!” He yelled his arms in held in the air high. Lyla laughed “Lyla come on roll down!” Lyla began to shake her head but then she rolled down she rolled into his arms.

“This is good stuff” said Charlie under his breath

“Yea but what about what Mrs. Norris told you?” Asked Jake, Charlie’s friend

“Oh what’s the worst she could do?”

“Kick you out of theater?”

“Yea well I only did it because my mom wanted me to get out and do something this summer now show we don’t want them to find out we are here it’s like animals they won’t act natural if they know you're there” Charlie took a few more pictures.

Lyla looked into Peter’s blue eye’s her hand on his chest Peter looked into Lyla’s sky blue eyes her neck resting on his out starched arm

“Want to dance?”

“But there is no music”

“So? Come on you don’t always need music” Peter stud and helped Lyla up she put her rap and phone on the ground Peter took her hand and they danced. after they stopped they just hugged. then Lyla grabbed her rap and put her phone in her pocket then walked back over to Peter she took his tie in her hands pulled him closer Peter put his arms around her slim waist. Lyla suddenly pressed her lips to Peter’s they paused for a quick breath Peter pressed his lips to her’s again Lyla parted her lips a little Peter gently took her top lip in between his lips Lyla wrapped her arms around Peter’s neck one hand running through his hair they broke from their kiss and just stood in their embrace Peter pressed his nose to her forehead Lyla just bent her head down.

“We should go yea probably our parents are probably starting to wonder”

“Yea probably” Lyla heard her phone ring she looked at it, it was her great grandma “Oh one second” Lyla took a few steps to the side then answered it

“Hello?”

“Hi sweetie, how are you?”

“I am fine grandma how are you?”

“Good I got home alright. So did you kiss the boy yet?”

“Grandma!”

“What? Did you?”

“Yes” Lyla said shyly she blushed

“Oh I didn’t intrude did I?!”

“No, no you didn’t we were just going back to house”

“You better not be going-“

“Grandma! Who do think I am?!”

“My great granddaughter that’s why ask plus teenagers these days”

“I don’t think I want ask and I don’t want to know, Grandma”

“No, I’ll tell you when you’re older like before your wedding maybe well I won’t keep you goodbye”

“Bye.” Lyla hung-up and put her phone her pocket

“What was your Grandma saying?”

“Oh nothing really she told me that she got home alright but I don’t think that is really why she called, because well before she left when I was saying goodbye she told to give you some lip action….”

“Really?!”
“Yea”
“My Grandma did!”

“Really?!”

“Yea” they laughed and started back when they got back “good night, I’ll see you later”

“Yea goodnight” Peter gave her a quick kiss on the cheek before going back home. Lyla walked inside her mom was sitting in the living reading. “How was the creek?”

“Fine” her mom raised an eyebrow “What were you doing?”

“Oh Peter just wanted to talk to me about something” Lyla sat in the chair next to her mom her legs dangling over one of the arm rest “Like what?”

“He wanted to know if I would go to the dance at the theater with him then asked if I would his girlfriend”

“And what did you say?” Lyla smiled shyly “yes…” her mom smiled

“I knew you two would start dating someday or another now I would give you the dating talk but you both are very good kids and I can trust you both know the right and wrong especially you” her mom smiled “And you should go to bed early I know you stay up reading or writing”

“Okay, I will I am pretty tried” her Mom got up kissed her on the head “Goodnight sweetheart”

“Goodnight mom.” Lyla went upstairs to her room and got ready for bed and was about to climb into bed when there was a knock on her door she opened it, it was Taylor.

“What were you and Peter doing by the creek?”

“Nothing you need to know about”
“But he my friend too and I just want to know why Ella wouldn’t let us go with you guys”

“Well I don’t why don’t you ask her plus I think if he was your friend too you would ask him?”
“All he will tell me is that you were talking”

“Yes and that’s all you need to know”

“What were you talking about?”

“Things”

“What kind of things?”

“Stuff teenagers talk about”

“Hey you’re just year younger I am not old so I think you have to tell me”

“Yea year so what I don’t have to tell.”
“Tell me and I leave you alone”

“Fine you want to know?”

“Um yea”

“We are boyfriend and girlfriend now happy?” Her brother stood in her door mouth hanging open “Oh come on can’t be that big of a shocker!?”

“Oh alright maybe I am overdoing it. But he’s my friend and you’re my little sister that’s weird now you’re going to be all kissy and lovely when we were hanging out”

“No not always, now leave me alone” Lyla said as she closed the door

***Next day started as a normal Saturday Lyla and her siblings met their friends at the end other the road Lyla and Peter gave each other a kiss on the lips which Taylor and John greeted “Eww gross stop!” Amber looked like she didn’t know what to do and Ella just had a smile on but look like she might laugh.“You think that’s gross well watch this then” Peter grabbed Lyla’s hand spun her around and got into a dip and pressed his lips to her’s Lyla had her arms around his neck their lips moving in time with the other Ella turn around to keep from exploding with laughter at Taylor’s and John’s faces Amber did as Ella did because she really didn’t know what else to do about it. Peter put Lyla back on her feet Lyla blushed hard

“Oh that was so gross! Never do that again!” The two boys said together truly grossed out “Oh come on one day you’ll both find a girl and you’ll be kissing like that” said Lyla as she ruffled their hair “Yea I don’t think so” said John

“She’s right you won’t want to stop kissing her said” Peter Lyla playfully pushed him to the side and blushed “A little umm gross didn’t you two just become boyfriend girlfriend?!” Asked Taylor

“Yea what’s your point?” Asked Peter taking Lyla’s hand has they walked to the theater

“Nothing just nothing” Lyla rolled her eyes at her brother <you’d think he be more into girls he is older>. “Well I on the other hand am very happy for the both of you unlike these two” said Ella

***Lyla and Ella were walking out of the dressing room when Ella ducked behind Lyla “What is it?!”

“It’s him!”

“Who?”

“Robert Johnson”

“Yea? Oh you like him!”

“No! Yes alright I do”

“Come on then why are you hiding?”

“I get all nervous I start saying random things and fiddle with my fingers”

“I do that too”
“yea but you already have a boyfriend who you love so no worries for you!”

“Come on lets go talk to him”

“No!” Lyla pulled Ella over “Hi Robert”

“Hey Lyla Hi Ella what’s up?”

“Oh nothing Ella just wanted to say hi right Ella?” Ella nodded “uh uh”

“Cool you guys going to the dance next week?”

“Yea”

“Cool going with anyone?”

“Well I am going with Peter” said Lyla

“They are boyfriend and girlfriend now” Ella blurted out Lyla smiled and put an arm around her friend “Yes we are since yesterday actually”

“Cool” said Robert “What about you Ella?”

“Nobody yet” she replied

“Oh well you want to go with me I don’t have a date either it might be fun?”

“Yes” she blurted out “I mean I would love to sounds great” said Ella smiling

“Cool I’ll see you girls around okay?” After he left Ella started too jumping around “He asked me! Pinch me!” Lyla was smiling as she watched her friend she laughed and pinched her “I think he likes you to he keep saying ‘cool’ and seemed a bit nervous” Lyla said although it didn’t seem like Ella heard her.

“I am not dreaming! I am not dreaming!” She hugged Lyla excitedly Ella took Lyla’s arm and they started skipping to the large stage when Lyla stopped all of a sudden

“What is it?” Lyla just started at the wall where she says the most horrifying thing they were pictures of last night when Peter had asked Lyla to be his girlfriend Lyla quickly walked right over to it from the wall she rolled it up

“Come on where are going to the boys dressing room”

“Why?” Lyla showed it Ella “Woooh”

“Yea” said Lyla as roll it back up again Lyla was knocking the door to the boys dressing room Peter opened the door he had on a pair of breeches and boots his suspenders hanging down “Hey Lyla um why do you look mad?” Lyla didn’t say anything put showed him the paper Peter took it from her and looked at it closer “Where did you find it?”

“In the lobby”

“Who put it up?”

“I don’t know but I have an idea”

“Hey Charlie?” Charlie came to the door “What’s up? Oh hi Lyla”

“Don’t you oh hi Lyla me did you put this up!?!” Lyla grabbed the paper from Peter and shoved it into Charlie’s face “Yea I even took the pictures aren’t they good?”

“You, you I don’t even know what you are! How could you spy on us? How did you even know that’s where we were or going to go?”

“Hey I just like to say now that you both were great I mean it was just perfect!”

“Yea I thought so too and now I find out some creepy stalker was there taking pictures!” Lyla stormed off taking the pictures “Wow Charlie and I thought there was at least some sense in you now I think you just ruined that night for the both of us” Peter walked passed him to finish getting ready.

Lyla walked up to Miss Norris “Oh hi girls you look great in those costumes”

“Thanks but there is something we have to show you”

“What is it?” Lyla gave her the paper Miss Norris looked at it silent Lyla felt uncomfortable and a little embarrassed “Do you know who took these?”

“Yes Charlie did he told me and Peter and Ella was there” Ella nodded Miss Norris sighed she went the wall with a walkie talkie type this was mounted on the wall “Peter Hayson and Charlie Marker please go to the black box admittedly thank you” she put it back “Come on girls” Charlie and Peter were just sitting down when they walked in Lyla sat next to Peter and Ella sat next to her Charlie was a few chairs down on Peter’s other side Peter put arm around Lyla and she smiled a little “Alright what is going on here this is the seconded time this has happened!” Nobody said anything “Charlie did you do this?”

“Yes…”

“Why? Are you jealous of them for being in love and then starting to date?”

“Alright yes I was a little and I wanted to get back at Lyla for turning me down and I like like her that way too but she doesn’t back I just think it’s unfair”

“How is that unfair?! And I didn’t really turn you down and I chose someone who I didn’t think was kinda jerk how is that unfair?!”

“Lyla please sit back down I’ll handle this” Lyla sat down more than unhappy

“Charlie can you please explain how this is unfair?”

“It’s just unfair that she chose him over me” Lyla was very mad now but held herself back the best she could “Okay well um why did you take the pictures and put them up after I told that I punish you if you did it again and I think this is to the point where I might have to kick you out of the play.”

“I didn’t think you really do that because my understudy broke his leg”

“Well I think I am going to Charlie I think you took it too far this time and I don’t like what you did it was very rude and I can’t have this kind of behavior here right now so I am sorry but can you please put on your own clothes and take your things and leave”

” But!”

“No buts…” Charlie got up and left “Well Peter I am putting you as Romeo so I know this won’t happen again I hope and your understudy can take over the part.” Miss Norris left her arms crossed and her head shaking she stopped at the door and looked back “I am happy for the both of you though for finding someone to love like that” then she left all three of them smiled and laughed in relief Lyla flung her arms around Peter’s neck she kissed his cheeks and lips Ella laughed a little “I’ll just leave you too alone” and she left and not too long after the janitor came in. “Oh umm I sorry but I am kinda have to ask you two to leave” Peter and Lyla looked at him and blushed “Right we were just leaving” they quickly walked out “Yea right kids these days!” Said the janitor under his breath after they left.

*** Next week*** Lyla had just finish getting ready when she heard the door bell ring her mom walked in “Peter’s here oh Lyla that dress looks so pretty on you!”

“Thank you” Lyla spun around the dress was a light pink with a brown tie above her stomach it tied into a small bow on her right she had pulled her hair into a half pony tail “I’ll be down in a minute” she said as her mom left Lyla took a deep breath grabbed her purse then walked to the top of the stairs. she smiled as her dad took a few pictures and few more as she was walked down them “Alright why don’t you get up there Peter and we’ll get a few with both of you” Peter stood up on the stairs and put an arm around Lyla her dad took a few pictures.

“Alright go have fun I won’t have keep you here.”

“Have a good time oh and say hi to Mrs. Norris for me alright”

“We will, bye see you later”

“I have little surprise” said Peter when they were outside he took her hand and led her to the street “Wait here one sec” he ran off towards to his house a minute later he was in front of her sitting in his family’s golf cart. Like Lyla’s family they had a car and then a golf cart. “I know it’s really nothing special since your family has one and we both get our permits next mouth but my dad said we could drive it tonight” Lyla smiled and kissed him then walked to the Other side Peter held her hand as she got in. When they got there, there was a small line after they got their picture they went to large back room <so this is what prom is like? Huh> thought Lyla.

“I’ll be right back I am just going to put my purse in the dressing room.” Lyla walked in

“Hi Ella how are you and Robert hitting it off?” Ella smiled shyly she was wearing a Purple dress it was strapless and had black ribbon around her waist. “Alright”

“Alright? It’s supposed to great” said Lyla teased. She put her purse into her locker “we have only been here like ten minutes.” Ashley walked in with her minions as Lyla and Ella called them “Oh what are you two doing in here? You actually had dates?”

“I came here with Peter remember we are together now”

“Oh right what about you Ella?”

“I am here with Robert”

“Oh how nice” she looked them both up and down “nice dresses where did you get them?”

“Kohl’s why?” They said together “Oh nothing” said Ashley she and her ‘minions’ laughed a little they went over to their lockers and started gigging and chatting. “Come on lets go” said Lyla they walked out and back to the large room they found Peter and Robert they were talking. Lyla and Peter talking when a slowish song Lyla looked over Peter’s shoulder and saw some older boys making fun of a kid who was in a wheelchair who also a little bit down syndrome.

“You want to dance” Peter asked her “I would love to but there is someone I have to dance with first” she kissed him on the cheek and walked over to the kid he looked very upset. As the boys continued to tease Lyla brushed pasted them and ignored them “you want to dance?”

“Lyla are you blind he can’t stand” but Lyla didn’t seem to hear them. Peter watched her he smiled as he watched her hold the boy’s hand as he wheeled himself over to the dance floor and as they dance the boy had a huge grin on his face Lyla even bent down so he could spin her around. Lyla didn’t seem to see that everyone else was staring the group of boys and Ashley and her friends even laughed Peter saw the blind girl that was sometimes there at the theater. “you want to dance?” She smiled and he led her to the dance floor next to Lyla. As he led her he told who he was after the dance they intruded the two of them and they dance together for the rest of the night there smiles never lifted. Peter and Lyla were dancing to a slow dance. “That was really sweet I glad you did that” he said to her “I am glad you did too I think we made their night” she replied “you are so beautiful and I’m so lucky I have you!” Lyla blushed “you’re just saying it”

“No I am I’ll even prove It.” He smiled at her before he yelled “ HEY EVERYONE THIS IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL GIRL AND SHE IS MY GIRLFRIEND AND I AM THE LUCKEST GUY TO HAVE HER!” Lyla blushed really hard everyone was looking at them. Peter swept her off her feet and kissed her just about everyone was clapping and cheering Miss Norris came up them when Peter put Lyla down she was in tears. “If this was a prom you two would be crowned king and queen for sure... I am sorry it's just so beautiful" she walked off even more tears flowed from her eyes Peter and Lyla smiled at each other

***The next day Lyla was sitting next to Peter on the bench outside just talking as they ate their sandwiches two women came up to them “Hi I’m Ron’s mom Lizzie”

“And I am Nicole’s mom Leah”

“We just wanted to thank you both for being so kind to our kids” Ron’s mom looked at Lyla “Ron, came home with a big smile on his face and said Mom the prettiest girl in the whole theater danced with me!”

“My little Nicole came home said the nicest boy came to dance with her and saw past her flaws and a smile never left her face the rest of the night. And Thanks to you guys they have made new friends with each other”

“Oh really it wasn’t much.” They said together “Oh but it meant so much to them we just had to come and thank you both” just then Ashley walked up to them she ignored the two women “I can’t believe you” she said to Peter and gave Lyla a dirty look and stormed off.

“Oh was she your girlfriend? Did she get mad when you dance with my daughter?”

“Nope, that girl is sitting right next to me!” He put an arm around Lyla and smiled at her she giggled a little.

“Well she looks like a keeper so I hold on to her.” The two women walked off. “You defiantly are keeper he kissed her on the cheek”

“Awww your so cute” they rub noses

“Alright Charlie we need to break them up” said Ashley they were watching Peter and Lyla from back stage they were close to the end Lyla was laying on the stage pretending to be dead “And How are we going to do that?”

“I don’t know yet but something just over the next few weeks be very flirty with Lyla and very nice and stuff okay” Lyla was sitting outside on their outdoor stage Charlie came up to her “Hey Lyla” “Oh hi Charlie I thought you couldn’t come here?” “I just want to give you this” he handed her a red rose “It’s a sorry rose that I was acting like that and here are all the pictures I took and I deleted them off my computer also and camera and phone also” “Oh um thanks” Lyla took the envelope with the pictures and the rose “So what are you doing?”

“I was reading….” Lyla gesturing to the book in her hand. She gave him a confused and an unwanted look as he sat next to her “Well I have to go lunch break is over so um bye Charlie”

“Wait I want to see if you wanted to go to the movies tomorrow? With me of course”

“I can’t Peter and I are going” Lyla left as quickly as she could without looking like she just want to go even if she did.

“Hey Peter!” Said Ashley

“Hi Ashley” a little surprised at her sudden appearances “Whatcha doin!?”

“I am going to the dressing rooms to get my backpack”

“Can I come with you?!”

“Umm sure? Why you so happy today?”

“I just like today don’t you?”

“Well I guess today is alright”

“So what are you doing tomorrow?”

“Lyla and I are going to the movies”

“Sounds like fun what movie you going to?

“The 7th Harry Potter”

“I love that movie mind if I tag along?”

“Well it’s actually kinda a date so I don’t think so maybe another time, Well I got to go bye Ashley” Peter walked out the door and ran over to Lyla he put an arm around her as they walked away. “Charlie what did you find?”

“They are going to the movies tomorrow”

“Guess we are going to the movies then”

“Look up there, they're up there” Charlie and Ashley ran up to the middle row Ashley sat next to Peter and Charlie next to Lyla

“Hey guys oh we didn’t know you guys were going to this show!” Lyla’s and Peter’s eyes widen with surprise the movie started Peter put an arm around Lyla she put her head on his shoulder Charlie put his arm around her on the other side and tried to pull her onto his shoulder but Lyla just gave him a dirty look and kicked his leg “OUCH!” “SSSSSSHHHHHHH” Ashley rested her head on Peter’s shoulder but Peter moved his shoulder and accidently hit her in the nose. Lyla and Peter got up “Where are you going?”

“To get some water”

“And I have to go to the restroom” they quickly walked away and moved to one of the lower seats “much better”

“Yea that was weird”

*** One year later***

Lyla looked at her phone #New Message: Peter# Lyla opened the message meet me at the creek in five minutes Lyla grabbed the card and box for Peter and ran out to the creek. “Got you!” Peter hugged her from be hide he then showed her a bunch of flowers Lyla laugh then gasped “Oh Peter they're beautiful!”

“Yea but they don’t come close to as beautiful as you” he gave her a quick kiss on the cheek before he let go then he handed her the flowers. He then handed her card and a small box Lyla handed him the card and a small box she had. They sat by their favorite tree “you open your card first”

“Okay” Lyla opened her card it had a heart on the front and read Happy Anniversary she read inside

*To my beautiful girlfriend~

Every day I wonder how I got so lucky to have a girl such as you, you make me smile and laugh when I am with you the world is a brighter and a happier place I love darling happy anniversary!

Love, Peter

Lyla smiled at him and then untied the ribbon and opened the box it was a necklace with their first names in graved it was in the shape of a heart.

“Oh it so pretty!”

“Here I’ll put it on for you” Lyla lifted up her hair and Peter put it around her neck “There”

“Thank you I love it!” and she hug him “you’re welcome happy anniversary, Honey!”

“Happy anniversary, Darling come on open card now” Lyla smiled at him he opened it on the front was just a picture of a dog with a thought bubble that had a heart in it he read:

Peter~

Happy anniversary, Honey! I still to this day wonder how I got so lucky with you! I love you!

Love, Lyla ♥

Peter opened the box it had a new Swiss army knife in it “Oh cool I need a new one”

“And look here” Lyla point it was in graved with a heart with L&P in it. “Thanks this good one too” Peter kissed Lyla on the cheek. “So are you ready for a great anniversary?”

“Defiantly what are we doing?”

“Picnic on the beach, they are having a drive in movie at the park and then a romantic dinner at Sweetie’s diner” Lyla laughed a little “Sounds like a perfect day.”

“Oh what a pretty day” Lyla sighed as they pulled into the beach parking lot “Yes it is” hey found a place that with not many people around they laid out two towels Peter put up a small beach umbrella Lyla took off her dress she was used as a cover up “your swimsuit is the same color as your eyes” Lyla laughed “yea I guess you right” looking down at her one piece. “To the water?” Asked Peter pulling off his shirt. It was becoming dark as Lyla and Peter were walking back to their spot they looked up at the sky dark gray clouds then it started to rain. then without missing a beat Peter wrapped his arms around Lyla her hand pressed against his chest they kissed as they got soaked. Then ran to their things quickly grabbing their stuff then scrabbled to the restroom area gulping air as they laughed by the time they a had change out of their swimsuits and into dry clothes the rain had stopped they packed up and headed for the car “glad I have my driver’s license and we took the car instead of the golf cart”

“Yea me too it might be a little wet if it was the golf cart”

“Well would you look at that sunset”

“Oh Peter Look at those colors. It’s beautiful”

“You want to watch it?”

“What about the movie?”

“The movie isn’t till 8 so that we have three hours” Lyla hugged him grabbed her camera they sat on the beach near the front of the car. Peter sat down as Lyla snapped a few pictures then sat next to him she pulled up her legs. He put an arm around her and she put her head on his shoulder Peter took her camera “Smile” Lyla laughed and smiled then they stuck out there tongues she kissed his cheek then he kissed her then they kissed “Let’s get a picture with the sunset in the back” they stood and he took a picture. “Hey do you want me to take a picture of the two of you it might be easier and turn out better” they saw a man and his wife “That would be great thanks” the stranger took a few picture and handed back the camera “Have a nice day at the beach today?” Asked the woman “Sure did” said Lyla smiling “It’s our anniversary”

“Really? How long have two been together?”

“Year now” Peter said looking at Lyla smiling

“Well happy anniversary to you both and I think one day you’ll end up like us we have been married two years and counting”

“I sure hope we do”

“Me too” they said goodbye to the strangers. They pulled up into sweetie’s parking lot there were just a few cars “I would think there be more people since its Saturday”
“Yea but a lot of people might be on vacation for the summer” they walked up to the door Peter opened it for her “Hi Mr. Nelson”

“Hey kids date night tonight?”

“Nope it’s our anniversary”

“Well follow me” they followed him to a booth in a corner they slid in “here you go” he handed them two menus “Alright here we go to cheeseburgers and two cokes”

“Thanks Mrs. Nelson”
“Enjoy” she walked over to her husband they watch them the window in the kitchen to give them some privacy “they are so cute aren’t they dear?”

“Yep just like us”

“we have a surprise for you” said Mr. Nelson Mrs. Nelson came up to the table with a plate it had a piece of chocolate cake two scoops of strawberry ice cream and so wiped cream on top with a candle sticking out of it “Happy first anniversary guys”

“Thank you, that so sweet” Lyla said smiling

“That’s not it we have a little gift for you” he handed them the check Peter opened it the total was 0.00 “Oh we can’t take this”

“But it’s our gift to you”

“Alright well we will tip though”

“Alright we’ll take that now blow out the candle before it makes it to the cake oh do you have a camera? We’ll take a picture of the two of you blowing it out” Lyla handed Mr. Nelson the camera and they blew out the candle Peter tired to feed Lyla a piece of cake with his hand but instead smeared chocolate frosting around her mouth and Lyla did the same to him they looked at each other and laughed. Mr. Nelson snapped a picture “oh don’t be shy boy give the girl a kiss”

“Rupert!”

“What?” Peter and Lyla kissed Mr. Nelson took a Picture his wife smacked his arm and he looked at her shrugged chuckling Peter and Lyla had not noticed. They broke from their kiss. “Alright look at the camera”

“ Wait” Peter swooped up some swiped cream and put it on Lyla’s nose she laughed then put some on his nose “Awww how cute” Mr. Nelson snapped another picture then handed the camera back to Lyla “Thanks”
“We’ll let you two finish your cake unless you rather wear it” they walked away Lyla saw that Peter was staring at her “What are you looking at?”

“You because you look so beautiful”

“But I have chocolate frosting and whipped cream on my face”

“I like chocolate frosting and whipped cream”

“So what are you going to lick it off my face?!”

“No that be wired”

“Very” Smiled and touched her nose to him they cleaned their faces.

“Thanks again for the dinner and the dessert was really good”

“Yes thank you very much oh and here” Peter handed Mr. Nelson ten dollars “tip”

“Happy anniversary you two” they said as Peter and Lyla walked out the door “Thanks” they said over their shoulders.

They sat in the back seat watching the movie Peter had his arm around Lyla she rested her head on his chest her right hand set next to her face. “This really was a great anniversary”

“You had your doubts?”

“No it’s just it was better than I thought”

“Well I am glad happy anniversary”

“Happy anniversary” Lyla looked into Peter’s light blue eyes. And he looked back at her Lyla put her hand that was on his chest on his shoulder and kissed him Peter pulled her as close as he could Lyla’s warm hands held his face Lyla move and sat on his lap Lyla felt Peter’s hands on her waist she put her arms around his neck as she lead in deeper she felt his breath he smelled of vanilla and mint Lyla took his bottom lip in between her lips she felt Peter pull a little on her top lip they let go for a minute taking a breath their lips met again Lyla could fell his tongue and she jumped a little Peter sensed her jumped and pulled away “you okay?” Peter asked as he looked into her eyes “Yea I am fine it’s just we haven’t really done it like that you know with the whole tongue thing”

“And we don’t have to if you don’t want to”

“No it’s umm fine you just surprised me a little I guess, you know I want to wait right?”

“Huh? Oh yea Lyla I would not even go for it we are in the park with people around us come on you know me I wouldn’t push you to do anything you don’t want to do plus I want to wait too remember?”

“Oh right yea umm can we not talk about that anymore?”

“Yea” Lyla kissed his cheek “You are the best you know that?” Peter smiled “So I have been told but not as great as you” they touched foreheads and noses and smiled at each other.

***They pulled up into Lyla’s driveway and got her bag and they walked to the door “thank you for a wonderful anniversary”

“And Thank you for a wonderful anniversary” Lyla smiled slyly she kissed him goodnight “Goodnight Peter”

“Goodnight I’ll see you tomorrow”

“Yep” they hugged and gave each other another quick kiss Lyla walked inside as Peter started his car “How was your anniversary?” Asked Lyla’s mom. When Lyla came into the room “we had a great time we spent most of the day at the beach and then went to dinner and then went to the drive in movie they had at the park”

“Sounds like fun”

“Oh they didn’t watch the movie they just made out the whole time” said Taylor as he came down the stairs “We did not” Lyla protested “Taylor don’t tease your sister like that” their mom said as Taylor was making a kissy face at his little sister “Oh come on mom! Did you see her face?”
“Alright it’s late you two should go to bed”

***a little after week later***

“Hey Peter?”

“Yea?” Peter turned around to see Mrs. Norris “Can you take this to the storage/work room, and maybe clean up in there a little?”

“Yea sure” Peter answered taking the box from her “Thank you so much”

Peter was putting way something way from the box when he heard footsteps Ashley looked throw the window in the hall that looked into the storage room she saw Peter and smiled to herself and walked in. ”Hey handsome” Peter turned around thinking it was Lyla but it isn’t “Hey beauit- Oh Hi Ashley what are you doing here?”

“Oh I just saw you throw the window when I was walking down the hall and came to see if maybe you need any help?”

“Umm not really I am almost done”

“Well I was wondering if you want to go to my house after you\'re done maybe. I need some help with my Chemistry”

“Can’t I’m going hiking Ella, John and Lyla and Taylor after plus if it’s science stuff I’d ask Lyla for help she’s really good at it”

“Well she and I don’t really get along” Ashley walked up to him and put her arms around him from behind “Plus you seems so smart”

“um thanks but what are you doing?”

“Nothing just relax” she put an arm over his shoulder Peter couldn’t move from her grip she started to unbutton his shirt <why did I wear this shirt today?!> Peter thought to himself. She kissed his cheek then his chin she snuggled her face into his neck “Ashley what are you doing?!” He was starting to get a little panicked. “Put hands on my butt” Peter turned to her in surprised buttoning up his shirt again “What! No I am not going to do that! Ashley you know that me and Lyla are dating a week ago was our first year anniversary”

“So maybe you want new girl huh”
\"Umm No I don’t, I love her!”

“No, no you don’t and she does not love you either”

“What are you talking about?”

“Nothing I just saw her with James yesterday you know what just forget about it” Ashley pushed him to the wall and grabbed his hands she thruster them in her back pockets and before Peter could take them out she grabbed his shirt turned him so now her back was to the wall Peter could not moved his hands. <What the hell is she doing she\'s crazy!> he thought Ashley pressed her lips to his Ashley put her cool hands on his chest then she was messaging his neck. Peter squirmed to try and get way but she held him close his eyes wide open he pulled away from her lips “What was that?! Why are you doing this?!” Ashley just put her arms around his neck and kissed him as she saw Lyla coming. Lyla looked through the window and stopped short she could not believe what she saw. Anger and hurt filled her body she put her hands in fist at her sides Lyla pushed the door more open it hit the wall with a thud Ashley and Peter jumped Ashley let go of Peter and he turned to look at Lyla <Oh no this is not happening!> he thought. “Lyla I-I can explain it’s not what it looks like really it’s not what you think” tears brimmed her eyes “Really because it sure looked a lot like you and Ashley we making out. I can’t believe you Peter I am really surprised I though you weren’t like that but I guess I was wrong” Lyla turned around and ran out the of the room tears running down her cheeks .“Thanks a lot Ashley I can’t believe you would go that far to try and break us up”

“Oh I think it’s over now and how do you know if that’s what I was trying to do that”

“Because you have been doing that for a year” Peter stormed out of the room and ran after Lyla. Peter finally found her sitting by the big tree next to the creek she sat looking with redden eyes at the water, hugging her knees. “I know you probably don’t want to talk to be or even see me but I wanted to explain and say I am sorry” Lyla looked up at him Peter walked over to her and sat next to her. Lyla didn’t say anything but just moved a little farther from him and hugged her knees closer. “Alright this is what happened. I was in the storage room putting some stuff Miss Norris wanted be to and cleaning up a little in there when Ashley came in and she put her arms around me and started to kiss me like my cheek and chin and neck-“

“Oh and let me guess you are man and your weak and just could not control yourself right?” Lyla mumbled

“No she held me really tied and I couldn’t really moved and I asked her what she was doing but she just started unbuttoning my shirt-“

“And then one thing led to another and then you had your hands in her back pockets and-“

“Lyla please let me explain” Lyla was quite “No then she asked me to touch her and I wouldn’t do it so she grabbed my hands and put them in her pockets and pulled herself and pressed herself to the wall so I could not move my hands then started kissing then you came in Lyla I would never cheat on you. Not with Ashley or anybody please believe me” Lyla looked at him “Peter I want to forgive you but I saw you and Ashley with my own eyes kinda hard to forgive you”

“Lyla I love you so much”

“Really because that is not what I’m feeling right now” Peter hugged her close and kissed her “Does not tell you?” Lyla slapped him then looked into to his eyes “Not really” she said “But will you just hold me as a friend?” Peter looked at her rubbing his cheek a little “Of course” He laid back against the tree Lyla moved close to him and he wrapped his arms around her Lyla cried quietly for awhile hugging Peter’s arm. Lyla sat up “I better go” Peter put a hand to her cheek and wiped her tears with his thumb. “Want me to walk with you?” Lyla nodded her head no “No I think I want to be alone for a while” she said softly Peter leaned in and kissed her forehead “you\'re beautiful and I Love you just so you know” Lyla smiled then walked way.

Lyla sat reading on her bed when her phone buzzed she looked at it #new message from- Peter# she opened the message “Are we still together? I don’t want this to ruin our friendship” Lyla slid open her phone to reply “I don’t know yet, I don’t either” she pressed send and put her phone next to her. She sighed and stared at the roof feeling stressed.

Lyla walked into the theater she was hardly in the lobby when Ashley showed up “Oh hey Lyla how are you?”

“Fine…”

“Did you and Peter make up or talk everything out?”

“Kind I wanted to hear your side of the story”

“Well I don’t know what he told you but here it goes. I was walking down the hallway when I saw Peter in the storage room cleaning up so I thought I say Hi” <So far so good I guess> thought Lyla “So I walked in and said hi and asked if he needed any help he said that he was almost done then he grabbed me kissed me I was really surprised and I said what are you doing you and Lyla are dating and I have a crush on someone! Then he said but they aren’t here and pulled me closer and he told me he loved me and asked me to unbutton his shirt so I start to then stopped and said oh no I can’t do this is wrong then he said but no will know so then he spun me and press me to the wall and put his hands in my back pockets and he kissed again then you came in” Lyla face was hot her cheeks were bright red “He lied to me” she said under her breath Lyla ran off to find Peter. Ashley stood there smiling to herself <Oh Ashley you bad girl you finely did it> she thought.

Lyla saw Peter walking out the door of the theater she ran after him and stood just outside the door “You lied to me” Peter turned around to look at her “What? I didn’t lie I was telling the truth”

“Ashley told me her side of the story Peter I have gone over it and over it in my head and her story seems more possible”

“Lyla I didn’t lie to you, you have to trust me she is trying to break us up she has for a year”

“How do I know I can trust you how can I know that you’re not lying?”

“I don’t know maybe you can trust me because we have been best friends for like ever and while we are on the subject of trust what about you and James?”

“What you mean James Parker?!”

“Yea Ashley told me she saw you two the other day”

“I was helping with something his girlfriend is in a play and he has to catch her and he wanted me to help him practice because she was way on a day trip and there rehearsals were the next day and he didn’t want to drop her and get embarrassed then he helped me with some of the painting!”

“Well how can I trust you?” They were both quiet “Well then I guess if neither of us can trust each and if this is how it’s going to be I guess we should just break up then….” Said Lyla

“I-I guess so” tears welled in Lyla’s eyes and she ran pasted Peter he looked down at his shoes. Ashley walked out to see him standing there “What happened?”

“I think you ever well what happened what did you tell her because I know you lied”

“I just told her the truth”

“Then why did we just break up? I told her the truth yesterday and she seemed to trust me till just a few minutes ago” he looked up from his shoes “I told her you came on to me and I tried to tell you no but it just happened”

“Well she believed it happy now? Because I am not thanks a lot Ashley” Peter walked away feeling miserable “Want to go to the diner for lunch this weekend? I’ll pay” Ashley called after him. Peter stopped and turned to face her Ashley was looking down at her shoes “No Ashley I really don’t sorry since I know you were trying to break us up and you just went a little too far” Peter walked away.

Lyla ran up to her room and just about slammed the door she throws her bag on her bed she laid back to the door and slid down till she was sitting she hugged her knees. she couldn’t stop her tears as they stemmed down her face when a smallish box under her bed caught her eye she cradled to it and sat on her bed and opened it. It was the box she kept most of her pictures there were pictures from her and Peter’s anniversary, birthday pictures, random pictures and friends family pictures. When the last picture in the box Lyla saw it was a picture of her and Peter about the age of 4 or 5 they were hugging looking at the camera and smiling. Lyla smiled a little wiping a few tears away then there was a tape Lyla put it in into her tape player and turned on her TV. Lyla watch the home videos a lot of which made her laugh or smile when the next one came on she saw it was her and Peter she led foreword. They were about two or three she thought they were all running around when young Peter ran into Lyla. The two year old Lyla stopped laughing and a few tears welled in her eyes Lyla’s mom asked if she was alright when the two year old Peter came up to her and hugged her kissed her little scraped elbow and they hugged again and he said sorry there were a few awe’s in the background from the adults the next one then came on this time they were about five. Five years old Lyla was standing in her back yard her hair was in pigtails she was playing and stirring something green. <must be that slim we used to make> Lyla though. “Lyla Anne who are you going to marry when you get older?” It was her grandma it was usually only her grandma who called her Lyla Anne because she had a cousin whose name was also Lyla. Five years old Lyla looked up the pointed at a Five year old Peter her grandma moved the camera over to Peter “And who are you going to marry when you get big?” The young Peter looked up and smiled and in a very little kids voice “Lyla!” The young Peter walked over to Lyla and they gave each other a hug and laughed “Why don’t you give her a little kiss” said Lyla’s grandma and they did give each other a little kid kiss some of the adults laughed and cheered a little. Then the tape when to the next one but Lyla didn’t pay much attention the tears welled up in her eyes again then she looked up a little surprised to hear her laughing it was the TV it was a video they had taken on their anniversary they were at the beach. “This is so we won’t forget”
“when we grow old”
“it’s our first year anniversary!” Lyla held up a finger to the camera and mouthed ‘one’ “June 25th, 1994 a perfect day and a day I won’t forget” “I know I won’t” they kissed and laughed and smiled then the video ended and the taped popped out of the player a few tears ran down Lyla’s face “June 25th a day I won’t forget” she said under her breath quoting herself she rested her head on her knees.

***a little after week later***

“Hey Peter?”

“Umm not really I am almost done”

“um thanks but what are you doing?”

“So maybe you want new girl huh”
\"Umm No I don’t, I love her!”

“What are you talking about?”

“Lyla I love you so much”

“Fine…”

“What you mean James Parker?!”

“I just told her the truth”

“when we grow old”

*** About three weeks later*** “Oh Peter wait up!” Ashley ran up to him “I was wondering if you wanted to go the diner tomorrow for lunch Holly and Andy and I think Jake are going to”

“Umm sure I guess” Peter said <Might as well plus three other’s>

“Where is everyone else?” Asked Peter as he walked up to a table where Ashley was sitting it happened to be the booth where he and Lyla sat on their anniversary. “Oh Jake came down with a cold and Holly said she had to help out at some charity thing the school is doing and Andy had to go to Maine to visit family.”

“Oh well I'm then can we find a different table I mean you know so some on with a bigger party can have it?”

“But why it’s so comfy right here” Peter sighed and slid in “ready to order?” As they waited for their food Peter felt a bit uncomfortable Ashley didn’t seem to notice. She just talked on and he felt no better when Lyla walked in with Ella, Isabella and Amanda. Lyla glanced at him when she walked past the waitress put them at a table near them. Peter shrank a little when she looked at him an eyebrow raised. A when a piece of pie came Peter really wasn’t hungry but Ashley still tried to get him to eat some “Really I am full you can have it though”

“Oh come on why not just a little” Ashley put some whipped cream on his cheek and some on his lips “I said I didn’t want any” said Peter getting rather annoyed and reached for a napkin to clean it off “No, Here I’ll get it” Lyla looked over and saw them kissing and she quickly looked away then Ashley started to lick the whipped cream off his cheek Lyla had just turned her head and to a double take “Ashley what are you doing?! We are in a public restaurant you know with people?” Peter pushed her way when he heard a chair suddenly being pushed back. Lyla had pushed her chair back making a pretty loud noise put her napkin on the table stood up and walked quickly walked out of the diner. Her friends had just barley seen what happened but we're still confused they watched as Peter ran after her. Peter stood and looked at the parking lot he didn’t see her he wiped his face as he looked at the left side of the building there Lyla was standing with her arms crossed Lyla turned angrily “Guess it didn’t take you long to get over me and go on to Ashley can’t believe she was licking your cheek right there!”

“She told me Holly, Andy and Jake were coming too but they couldn’t come I think it was just a trick to get me to go and I don’t love her”
“You’ve said that but do you mean it?! Because I feel like you lied to me!”
“Lyla, I didn’t Lie! She’s crazy! Trust me!”

“Just forget it I don’t want to get into a big fight. I better go in and pay and explain I don’t think everyone else saw” Lyla walked past him her arms still crossed. The four girls were talking as they walked home

“I don’t know if you know this Lyla but sometimes I see Peter sitting in his room just looking at a picture of you or a picture of both of your” said Ella “Really? ....”

“Yea I have never seen him so miserable I don’t think he is over you at all”

“I have never felt so miserable” Ella put an arm around her friend “I am sure it will all work out”

“I hope so. How are you and Robert going?”

“Fine he’s coming to the BQQ this weekend.”

Lyla was walking to the park with Amber later that afternoon. “Why have you and Peter not really talked or kissing each other lately? Did you get in a big fight?” Lyla looked at her little sister. “Well kinda we broke up so we aren’t together anymore”

“But your still friends?”

“Yes we are just healing from the break up is all” “Maybe you should kiss each other’s scraps to make them feel better?”
“I wish we could but these always can’t really be healed that way”
“Can I draw something on your hand?” Lyla pulled out a pen from her bag “sure” she walked as her little sister drew a heart on her left hand “There now when someone kisses it, it will make your heart feel better” and with that she kissed it then handed the pen back to Lyla. Lyla hugged her little sister close “Thank you now go have fun alright?” Amber ran off to the play ground “LYLA!” Lyla turn to see Peter running up to her “Oh hi Peter what are you doing?”

“Taylor said you were here and I just wanted to finish what I wanted to say earlier” Lyla looked into his eyes “Peter I don’t want to fight and defiantly not here”
“I don’t either but please just listen” Lyla was silent “I love you I always have and always will I am not over you not even a little there isn’t a day where I don’t think about you…” Lyla was still quite “Do you remember when we were five and when were both asked who we wanted to marry we would tell each other?”

“I do remember there is a video of us saying so” Lyla said softly “But I don’t think I am ready enough to forgive you all the way with what happened and what I saw earlier I am sorry, Peter” Peter looked at the ground when he saw something on Lyla’s hand “What’s this?” He asked as he took her left hand and looked at the heart “Oh on the way here Amber asked why we weren’t talking or kissing really so I told her we broke up and we were still healing she said maybe we could kiss the wounds and then I explained that these ones couldn’t really be healed that way so then she drew heart on my hand and told me that whenever someone kissed it, it would make my heart feel better” Peter looked at it again then kissed it “I hope it works because your heart does not deserve to be broken and I wish it never happened.”
“Me too” Lyla said softly and turned to watch her little sister.

Lyla set the plates, napkins on the table and went back to the house for the cups and forks when people started coming. Lyla and Peter stood awkwardly next to each other “So how you been lately? Haven’t really talked to you”

“I am fine same old same you?”
“I am alright” Peter looked over at her “Hey what’s this” he saw she was wearing the necklace he had given her “Oh it’s the necklace you gave me on our anniversary” he smiled at her Lyla smiled back it had been a while since they had smiled at each other “You still wear it?”

“Sometimes yea” they were silent for a little bit

“So how the photograph going?”

“Pretty good, I don’t remember if I told you this but I found some old home movies of us and our families mostly. Kinda miss those days”

“Yea” it was quite for a minute “That’s it! I’ve got it! Come on we need to go the theater” Lyla was confused “What?! Why? What’s going on!?”

“I know how prove I am not lying”

“Lying about what?”

“About Ashley I can show you I am right and she was lying”

“How are you going to do that?” Peter smiled at her Lyla still looked confused “a home movie. There are cameras in just about every room like for security I bet it got on tape and I am sure they still have it”

“But its Saturday the theater is closed by now”

“Nope, they are having charity party come on” he grabbed her hand as they started to run off “Lyla where are you going dinner is going to be ready in like ten minutes” her mom called after her “We are just running the theater Peter needs to show something” she called back they ran into the theater. Lyla followed Peter as they went up to where the spotlights and sound were then into a smallish dark room “Hey Mr. Robertson” the man who was sitting in the chair turned to them “Hey Peter how’s it going?”

“Great and it would be even better if you could do something for us” Mr. Robertson looked at Peter to Lyla and back again “What do you need me to do?”

“Can you let us see a security tape from July 10th?”

“Sure do you have a time and what room?”

“Around 2:30 or so and in the storage room.” Mr. Robertson typed in a code into the computer one of the screens went black then put up again it had the date at the bottom with the time. Lyla somewhat braced herself as she saw Peter walk into the room she stood her arms half crossed she covered her mouth with a hand as she often did when she was thinking she watched as everything Peter had told happened she could see the whole thing and hear everything then clip ended “Oh my god you were right you didn’t lie I can’t believe I didn’t believe you” Lyla looked at Peter then hugged him close “I am so sorry I didn’t believe and I wish I had believed I am so sorry!”

“It’s okay, I saw how it looked and it did look pretty bad” Lyla looked at him a few tears running down her cheeks “will forgive me?”

“Of course but only if you’ll be my girlfriend again?” Lyla smiled “yes” she jumped into his arms kissing him “Yes, Yes, yes oh different yes” Lyla said in between kisses “Alright you two I am glad you’re back together and happy but could you take it somewhere else?” They blushed “Sorry about that thanks for letting us see that video”

“You’re welcome looks like I save young love I just love a happy endings” he wiped a tear Peter set Lyla back on her feet again. “We better get back home” she looked at Mr. Robertson “Thank you again” they walked home hand in hand. They sat in the grass with their siblings. “Okay what’s going on here you to are acting all lovely again” said Taylor

“Yea its weird not that long ago you hardly talked to each other and now you all” John waved a hand in the air mindlessly “we got back together”

“When?!” They all asked together “Do you have a magical forgiving locker?” Lyla and Peter both laughed “No we went to go see the security tape of the day we broke up and Ashley was the one who came on not Peter so now I know the truth for sure”

“So you just are picking up where you left off?” Asked Ella

“Yep” there was a clanking from the table they looked over Lyla’s great grandma was standing up “I just like to give a small toast to my great granddaughter Lyla and her boyfriend Peter they have been together for a year and went through a rough patch and now back together to their young love” they blushed “Wow news travels faster then I though in small towns” there were a few awes out of the corner of her eye Lyla say her grandpa with a video camera and she laughed to herself another home movie to look back on. Lyla’s great grandma walked up to her this is for the both of you she handed Lyla a small box inside were two rings tied together with a bit of ribbon. “Oops forgot to take off the tag well guess you know that they were $30 I got them at the little store down by the dining hall” the two rings were gold and about a half an inch high. “Grandma these are nice and thank you but we aren’t getting married yet” her great grandma laughed a little “These aren’t marriage rings these are promise rings you make a promise together and then just like you were getting married you put them on each other”

“Oh that’s kinda neat I like it thank you” Peter said take the rings from Lyla to look at. Lyla gave her great grandma a hug “Thank you for the rings I think day was a perfect day for them” she said.

“Defiantly.” It was getting to be twilight some of the people and families had gone home Peter and Lyla sat on the steps of the deck “Why don’t we take a walk to the creek?”

“Sure. We are going to the creek mom”
“Okay be back before it gets too dark okay and be careful”
“Always am” they were getting close to the creek when Lyla heard Peter humming “What are you humming?”

“Just the song that I think of when I look at you”

“Really and what song is that?”

“Just the way you are” they sat by the big tree next the creek “Will you sing it to me?” Peter put an arm around her and she put her head on his shoulder. He sang it to her ‘her eyes her eyes they make the stars look like they aren’t shining her hair her hair fall perfectly without her trying she’s so beautiful and I tell her everyday but she don’t believe me’ after he stopped singing he said “You know every time you fall sleep in my arms or on the phone I sing it to you” Lyla looked up at him “You do?”

“Yep” they were quiet for a little bit “Do you have the promise rings with you?” Lyla pulled the box out of her pocket “Here I’ll put the smaller one on you. Does it matter which finger or hand?”

“I don’t think so” Lyla took his left hand “I promise to forgive when ever need, remain faithful to you and love and trust you always” Lyla said as she slipped the ring onto his middle finger Peter took her right hand “I promise to forgive you even when ever need, remain faithful to you, and love you and trust you always and so much more” and slipped the one ring on her ring finger Lyla blushed “Don’t make a promise you can’t keep” He leaned closer to her and kissed her “Do you think we kiss to much?”

“If we do it’s only because we love each other so much” Lyla smiled Peter put a hand behind her neck and pulled her closer Lyla wetted her lips a bit before she felt Peter’s soft wet lips touch hers. Peter wrapped his arms around her and pulled her feet and picked her up her legs wrapped around his waist her arms around his neck. Lyla could fell the tree on her back now she put her feet back on the ground she put her hands on his chest and started to unbutton his shirt. He put his hands in her back pockets as she put her cool hands on his bare chest they looked at each other then smiled they took each other’s hands and started to walk back “you should button your shirt again everyone one would probably guess we made out then”

“but we did and anyway they probably guess that anyway” Lyla laughed a little. Peter buttoned his shirt again and they walked back hand in hand.

~~~8 years later~~~
“Thanks for the ride to work sweetie” Lyla said she kissed Peter’s cheek “No probable go and save the animals” Lyla laughed “and you go direct the next actors and actresses to be on Broadway’s finest stage” she kissed his cheek again before getting out of the car “I’ll pick you up for dinner” “sounds good” Lyla shutting the door.
It was about 6:30 there was a knock on the door to her office “come in” Lyla said without looking up. Peter came up behind her putting his arms around her his head on her shoulders his cheek ageist her’s. ”You have that look on your face again”
“What face?”
“The face were you’ve been working hard and it also looks like a face you’d make if you stuck a spoonful of peanut butter toaster” Lyla laughed “And why on earth would I do that?” she held his hands ageist over her lower ribs. “I don’t know maybe if you were under a spell and then suddenly came back and realize what happened?” Lyla laughed again “Alright I’ll let you know when that happens”
“what if I am the one who put the spell on?” Lyla looked at him “I think you would find more useful things to do with me then to make me put some peanut butter in the toaster”
“Well I don’t know it might be kinda funny” Lyla rolled her eyes. “So you ready for dinner it’s a fancy feast so fancy the queen of England would come”
“The queen of England eats cat food? Now that’s something I have never heard of” Peter laughed “Yea of course she does”
“Well I am not ready for a fancy dinner as you can see and you don’t look like it either” Lyla looked at her jeans and green shirt with her lab coat on top “What are you talking about your perfect” Lyla smile and giggled a little “What do you say burgers and shakes at Duck pond park?”
“Every fancy sounds perfect” Lyla turned to him and kissed him full on the mouth. “You can’t wait till you’re in the car? Come on making out in the office I should ban that I just saw Fanny and her boyfriend you know what never mind” it was Daniele Lyla’s Partner/boss “And you’ve never kissed anyone in your office?” Lyla asked eye brow raised. “Once or twice you know what forget I ever said anything any way you need to go to the museum tomorrow and help with a murder case”
“What? Why do they need me?”
“They want to make sure it was not a wild animal or the family dog killed the victim” “is the dog… dead?” “Yes, there was a fire to”
“Thanks sounds like a good day”
“You’re welcome see you later”
“Yep good night”
“Goodnight” Lyla was quit for a moment she hated the thought of the dead dog. “Ready to go?”
“Yea” they got to the park it was twilight the sun was just starting to go down. “Wow the food smells really good” said Lyla. They set up a blanket after they finished they watched the sun finish sinking they watch the ducks swim around. Peter stood and climbed up into the tree that was behind them “What are you doing?” Lyla asked smiling “Remember we used to climb the trees in our backyards all the time when we were kids”
“Yea of course I do I loved to climb them I just hated getting down”
“Care to join me anyway?” Lyla thought a moment and smiled “Alright” Lyla climb up next to him “I can’t judge distance well that’s why I don’t like heights much”
“But you love to climb trees?”
“Yep” they smiled at each other. Peter put an arm around Lyla she rested her head on his shoulder “Remember when John and Taylor and I set of that rocket and it landed in the creek and then made a puff of fire?”
“Yea that was one of the coolest things I’ve seen” they talked a while about things from when they were younger. “I wish we could go back to being 12 not be 23”
“Well it’s not all bad”
“Really why?”
“Well we can drive now and drink not at the same time but still” Lyla laughed. “Probably should go soon”
“Yea” Peter hopped down Lyla hesitated “Come on I’ll catch you” he smiled at her Lyla laughed “come on just jump” Peter held out his arms and Laughed a bit “your laughing at me now?”
“No” they both a laughed a little. Lyla jumped from the tree branch her eyes squeezed shut she landed safely in Peter’s arms. “Marry me?” asked with a wide smile playing on his lips. Lyla’s eyes popped open her blue eyes staring into Peter’s “What?”
“Will you marry me?”Asked Peter Lyla’s mouth opened but nothing came out. “Yes” she finely breathed “Yes I will yes I’ll marry you” she smiled.
“Really?!” Peter asked
“Yes” They smiled and laughed a little Peter kissed Lyla full on the mouth passionately they broke from the kiss and smiled at each other. He set her back on her feet and pulled out a ring from his pocket in was a simple silver band with a small heart shaped diamond. “Oh Peter it’s beautiful!” “I know you don’t like big flashy things so I thought this was perfect” “It’s is” Lyla whispered as Peter slipped it on her right ring finger. They gave each other a quick kiss on the lips and they hugged “I love you, Lyla”
“I love you too, Peter” they whispered.
Lyla walked inside her apartment it was 10:35pm there was a message on the phone. She pressed the button it was from Amber it was from half hour ago “Hey it’s your little sister if you remember who I am I just got in and wanted to know if you wanted to go for coffee or something I do know it’s kinda late but I’ve been in china for a two weeks and it’s morning for me call me back soon!” *beeeeeeeep* Lyla picked up the phone and pressed redial “Hello?” came her sisters voice from the other end “Amber! It’s Lyla I’d love to have coffee if you’re still up for it.”
“Of course where should I meet you?”
“The Starbucks near my apartment it’s open till 11 and I have big news to tell you and I want every detail of your trip!”
“Okay see you there in 5 minutes?”
“Sounds good bye”
“Bye”. They hung up and Lyla grabbed her purse and jacket again and headed out the door. Lyla didn’t see her sister right away so she thought she’d order her drink “Refresh tea with honey please” she told the cashier “That will that be all?” Lyla opened her mouth to say ‘yes’ but she heard a shriek and turn to see her sister run at her the two hugged “Will that be it ma’am?” asked the cashier again “What do you want” Lyla turned to her sister “A green tea with honey please”
“What size?”
“Medium for both”
“$8.95 please” Lyla handed her a ten “Keep the change” she said as they walk to wait for their drinks after they got them they went outside to sit since the store was closing now. “So how was the three mouth trip?”
“Great! I saw Spain, Germany, China, Russia, France and England two weeks in each place”
“sounds like fun”
“I had a ton of fun I’ll have to show you all the pictures I took tons. So I want to know what the big news is” Lyla lightly blushed which did not go unseen by her sister “You’re not-?”
“No! Not yet Peter and I engaged”
“No way!” another shriek Amber jumped over and hugged Lyla “When! When did he ask?”
“Tonight I had just gotten back from dinner when I called you back”
“Awww how did he do it just get down on one knee?”
“Nope we had dinner at duck pond park and then we went and sat in a tree-“ “K-i-s-s-i-n-g?” Lyla laughed “No we just talked and then we thought it was getting late and so he jumped down and you know how I never liked to jump down” Amber nodded “Well he told me to jump into his arms so I did and then he just ask will you marry me and that’s it”
“Awww how cute! Can I see your ring?” Lyla held up her right hand the small silver band with small heart diamonded shining. “Very pretty so have you two moved with each other?”
“No we thought we’d wait till we could by a house like when we got married and both apartments are too small”
“have you slept together?” Lyla coughed on her tea “Woh! N-no! Not yet” Amber rolled her eyes “You too have been going out for like 7 or 8 years!”
“You can’t talk missy”
“Yes I can” Lyla looked a little shocked her sister “Me and Luke on the trip, France actually really is the city of love”
“I should have thought of that you in France with your boyfriend only you two and some friends on a trip and your both 18 but still doesn’t feel like you’re old enough either of you”
“You were always the logical and rashional one and Peter is also logical but still I mean you two”
“well just never mind”. They finished their tea and said there goodbyes with plans to meet soon.

Well I saw the last commet and I thought I'd add a little more! Yay I hope you enjoy them and the story. So if you have been waiting sorry for the wait but here it is :)

~the Wedding~
Lyla watched as Ella did her hair in ringlets then pined a few back with a blue flower pin her great grandma gave her who’s grandma had worn it to her wedding. She slipped into the white dress it had two thick white velvety straps and a little above the waist it fluffed out a little. “You look beautiful!” exclaimed Ella who was wearing a light purple dress Amber and Isabella came in wearing the same dress. Then her mom and grandma came in her mom gave her, her veil she clipped in there were lots of fussing over her soon it came time to walk down the aisle. Lyla was shaking ‘Calm down you’ll be fine. Why am I so nervous! I shouldn’t be okay calm down your fine you can do this‘ Lyla told herself “you ready?” her dad asked she nodded a tear slipped “you sure?”
“Yes I’m fine”
“It okay to cry honey” a tear or two fell from his eyes “No do cry because if you cry then I will and I don’t want to ruin Ella’s make-up job” they chuckled “okay lets go before I get worse not very day your oldest daughter gets married” he said and they headed out. Lyla smiled at Peter they both locked eyes with the other as if they’d be gone if they looked away that this dream would be over but it was very much reality. There where a few tears “you take care of her and I will know” Lyla’s dad told Peter who smiled “don’t worry I’ll never let her go” Lyla heard and smiled as her dad patted Peter on the shoulder with an open hand.

“I do” said Lyla

“I do” said Peter
“I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride” Peter wrapped his arms and kissed her everyone stood and cheered clapping. Peter grabbed her hand they ran down the aisle witch was long white cloth over the grass in a clearing. The same clearing with their favorite tree next to the river running between their childhood homes too the limo that would take them to the respion. “you look beautiful and I wish I could have said that sooner” Peter smiled Lyla smiled back “Thank you, you don’t look half bad yourself” she said as she kissed him “hummmm” Lyla said into his mouth as they kissed. “Guess what?”
“What?”
“you know that house we put an offer on?”
“Yes”
“We got it” Lyla’s eyes winded “really?!”
“yep”
“Oh my god i can’t believe it! I didn’t I get a call or why didn’t you tell me!”
“Because I wanted to get it ready well some of it I got the bed in there and some food I thought we spend our first night as husband and wife in our first house what do you think?”
“I think that sound wonderful! I can’t wait oh I love you so much. So where are we going for our honeymoon can you tell me now?”
“Well I guess I could but why?”
“Because I am your wife and you should tell me and I’m way to courist not to know”
“courosity killed the cat”
“it did not it’s just what parents say so there kids won’t go snooping around for Christmas presents plus I’m not a cat”
“alright fine.We are going to Italy and stopping in London and Germany” Lyla’s eyes lit up her smile glowed “Really? Peter oh Italy and Germany AND England! So much history and they are all beautiful well so I’ve heard”
“Glad you excited”
“More than excited”

*Year and a half later*
Lyla sat on the sofa with Peter they where snuggled up in sweats and sweat shirts watching a movie. “I love our Friday nights” Lyla sighted “I love you and our Friday nights”
“I love you too” Lyla looked up at him smiling.They kissed kissing till Lyla was soon on her back Peter on top of her “Want to-” Lyla mange to say out breath “Yes” Peter said between breathing and kissing. He grabbed her hands pulling her up with him then carrying her bridle style up to their room. He laid her on their bed then pulled his shirt off then lend in kissing her. >>>
Lyla woke up in Peter’s arms as she often did but she was not always naked that was only about half of the time. she glanced at the clock it was Saturday so no work it was 9:25 ‘maybe i’ll make pancakes’ she got out of bed putting on her underwear, bra and large shirt of Peter’s that happened to be on her side and headed down stairs. She had just pulled the bacon out of the oven when Peter came down stairs in pj pants “smells good” he said as he gave her a hug from behind nuzzled his face into her neck. Lyla smiled she flipped a pancake on to the plate she had set with some pancakes on it already “Thanks” she turned and gave him a kiss.
*mouth later*
‘I can’t believe it oh my god’ was all Lyla could think as she sat on the counter in the master bedroom in her jeans and sweat shirt as she held a home pregnancy test when she bought it she hadn’t thought it would show up the blue which the box had said means positive there was so a little plus sigh. She put the box under her sink she had used three to be sure. Lyla had taken a sick day since she had not felt good that morning she had been getting morning sickness which gave her first thought. After she and Ella had gone out for lunch since she felt better she left for the store. oddly Ella had told her she was going to have a baby. Ella had been married for close to little over a year she and Robert had gotten married around when she and Peter had now it was likely their children would bee born close together. John Peter’s younger brother was thinking about asking his girlfriend Amy to marry him. Lyla’s own brother had not given much thought to it but he and his girlfriend where getting serious and Amber she was starting second year of collage she and her boyfriend Luke where still together. >>> “Lyla? I’m home” Peter called as she walked into the kitchen Lyla walked into the room “did you have a good day at work?”
“yea I did what about you have a good day? Feeling better?”
“Yep” Lyla was quite while Peter put his coat int he closet taking off his shoes when he sat on the sofa she sat next to him. “What do you think about having kids?” Lyla asked as if she asked him how the weather was “umm I don’t know I wouldn’t mind having kids why do you ask?” Peter replied looking into her blue eyes she took a deep breath “Because I am pregnant” Peter looked shocked it was defiantly not what he was expecting her to say was going to say. “R-really?! I am going to be a Dad?”
“Yes it seems that way”
“How far a long are you?”
“I don’t know I am going to call the doctors tomorrow”
“We are going to have a baby? wow I can’t believe it!” He hug and kissed Lyla “I’m so glad your excited” they mirrored the others smile “If we have a boy I can go out in the back and we can play catch and if it’s girl no dating till she’s 40” Lyla laughed “if you say so”
*thanksgiving* the whole family was at Lyla’s parents house. they where standing talking “Peter and I have something to tell you all” Lyla said her eyes being to glow Peter moved next to Lyla “We are going to have a baby” Lyla said her eyes shining as bright as her smile their where some shocked gasps and cry of joy and congrats “Oh sweetie I can’t believe your going to have a baby!” both Lyla’s mother and mother in-law said their where hugs and more congrats “Can’t believe I am going to be a Grandma!” said Lyla’s mom
>>> It was the next week and Lyla thought she go see her grandma who now live in a nursing home. She knocked on the door be for going in her great grandma was sitting reading a book. “Hello sweetie” she said when she saw Lyla “Hi grandma how are you?”
“I am good how about you and Peter?”
“We are both good he couldn’t come today because of something came up at work”
“That’s alright”
“What are you reading?”
“It’s a trashy romantic sex book” her great grandma said looking at the pink cover with the title on it Lyla smiled and laughed a little at her grandma “ you ready for lunch?”
“Yes where are we going?”
“I thought I take you out to In-n-out burger hows that?”
“sounds great! better then the crap they serve here for lunch the lunch lady isn’t very good but dinner is and I have breakfast here dinner sometimes too”
They sat down with there lunch there was not many people since they went a little earlier they where about half way throw the meal when Lyla’s grandma ask “So when is there going to be great grandchildren for me to see?” Lyla laughed a little “what you two have been married for a year” Lyla smiled “How about around 8 mouths there will be one?” Lyla said her grandma looked at her “Your pregnant!?! Oh my dear that’s wonderful! so your a mouth along”
“Yep I am”
“oh i am so happy for you and Peter that’s wonderful so what do you think it is?”
“I can’t tell now”
“ what about a mother’s intushion?”
“I don’t know”
“ fine what do you want?”
“a healthily baby not some alien”
“I mean’t a boy or a girl”
“I be happy with either”

>>>about 4 to 5 mouths later
“What should we name the baby?” asked Lyla was they sat on the sofa Peter was watching a football game and Lyla was reading. “I don’t know but we don’t even know what it is yet”
“I know but I can’t stop thinking about” she said as she rub her tummy with her fingers it looked like she had put half filled basket ball under her shirt. “do you think it’s a boy or girl?” before Peter could reply there was a barking from the back door. Peter stood up he let their dog in “Hey buddy” Lyla greeted the as he jumped up next to her on the sofa “Jack stop that tickles” Lyla protested as the lab licked her face. They had got him soon after they where married they had been out looking for things for the house when Lyla thought they should go and see the dogs at the small shelter when low and behold their new puppy a waited he was about mouth old and they both fell in love with his big brown eyes he was tan color. “I don’t what do you want it to be?”
“I don’t know it really doesn’t matter to me. What about you?”
“A girl to be like you”
“That’s kinda cheesy you know” he smiled and shrugged.
>> week later
Lyla laid down on the some bed the nurse then put warm goo on her exposed belly Peter stood next to her Lyla sighed when they saw the little baby on the screen “Do you want to know what the baby is?”asked the nurse “Yes” then nurse moved the wand a little “Congratulations your having a little boy” they both smiled widely Peter kissed Lyla’s forehead as she contuied to look at the baby. a single tear fell from each eye down her cheeks.
days later>>>
Lyla and Peter had invited their friends and family over for dinner. Every one was cooing over Lyla and Ella. Ella was a little bigger than Lyla since she was 7 mouths instead of 6. “do you know what they are yet?” asked Lyla’s great grandma one of her aunts had picked up so she could come. “We do” Ella had already learned her baby was a girl. Everyone was quite to hear what she was going to say Peter was now standing next to her “It’s a boy!” Lyla said was excited. Then everyone was talking at once congrats and more cooing feeling the baby again. “What’s his name do you have one yet?” Ella asked her then everyone was quite
“We do actually” she looked Peter “We are naming him Cody Hunter” Lyla said rubbing her belly lovingly
3 mouths later>
Lyla woke with a start the baby had kicked really hard hard enough to wake her up. Then she know what it was “Peter? Peter! wake up!” Lyla said shaking him hard “What? what is it?” he said groggily “My water broke” Peter didn’t seem to get it at first “The baby is coming” Peter shot up “Really? now?” “Yes now! why do think I woke you up!”
“Okay okay lets go” they put one some clothes grab the over night bag they had packed for week and drove to the hospital.
hours later: “GAAAHHHH! AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!” Lyla cried out in pain “Your doing great honey” Peter told her “I can’t I can’t do it. AAAHHH!” Lyla said “Just a few more” said the doctor “Okay last push”
“You can do this honey” Peter kissed her forehead “AAAHHH!” Lyla cried again in pain but this time it wasn’t the only cry “WAHHH!”
“He’s here” said the doctor Lyla let out a breath she panted “Oh thank god” Peter chuckled and kissed her forehead again “I told you could do it” the doctor walked over to them and handed over their healthily baby boy “Your son is nice and healthily he wights 7lbs 5oz and is 18 inches”
“He’s beautiful”
“do have a name for him?”
“Cody Hunter”
“would you like to hold him?” Lyla asked Peter he could hardly speck could hardly believe his little boy was right there in his wonderful wife’s arms. Peter took his son into his arms “he’s so small” when he handed him back to Lyla she opened he eyes they where light blue just like Lyla’s he had a little hair it was about the shad of Peter’s but had a slight wave.
everyone was good to go so Lyla and Cody left the hospital the next day when they got home there was a surprise sigh in the yard reading:
Welcome home Cody Hunter!
Lyla gave a small laugh “that’s sweet” They got into the house their parents and siblings waiting to greet them.

Well this is the end hope you enjoy and thank you for reading and hopefully reviewing :)

Five years later
“Mommy when are we going to have fireworks and smores?” Lyla turned to her daughter who was two now “When it’s dark sweetie then your daddy and uncles are going to put one a camp fire”
“Mom can we do firecrackers and sparklers?” Cody came up to her “Wait till it gets dark so you can actually see them now why don’t you and Ellie go play with your cousins okay” the too ran off to play with their five cousins “Where are the kids?” Ella came up behind her “Oh they are by the play set” Ella and Robert had two daughters Rose and Milly Lyla’s sister had a daughter Grace Peter and Ella’s brother had a son Trance and Lyla’s brother had a son Vincent. They where having a bqq for the fourth of July and most of the family was there. Later Lyla sat with Ellie on her lap she was roasting her first marshmallow and she kept it on to long and it caught fire which Lyla quickly blew out. “is it ruined mommy?”
“No sweetie they taste better that way” she made her a smore “there you go” Lyla sat back relaxing. Life was pretty good she thought.

The End

CutieLove said...
add another please i was just getting started

Cbsiegel BRONZE, Lake Oswego, Oregon

A woman whose smile is open and whose expression is glad has a kind of beauty no matter what she wears.
Anne Roiphe

I think that there were a lot of grammar mistakes but the plot was very good and interesting. I think that this is a good ending.

Mi-Mi-Rulez said...
on Feb. 6 2012 at 11:26 am
Mi-Mi-Rulez, Waukesha, Wisconsin
Very well written. I liked it very much. However it could be a bit longer.

Bones96 BRONZE said...
Bones96 BRONZE, Charlotte, North Carolina

Life isn't about finding yourself it's about creating yourself-

If you want me to add another chapter of what happens later just let me know thanks for all the views! :)

MaryRoseB. BRONZE, San Jose, California
I think you should focus on your grammar because I'm finding it really difficult to read this and pay attention.  

Bones96 BRONZE said...

I was wondering if you could put a link because I can't fine your story. thanks can't wait to read it

Bones96 BRONZE said...

Of course! I love History. :)

loveshortstuff11, Rush, Colorado

"Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Glad that I could make your day!!! Do you think that you could maybe read my novel "Beautiful Eyes", or at least what I have done? It's kind of a historical fiction romance thing... :)

Bones96 BRONZE said...

Thank you so much this really mad my day possably week haha. :) I am really glad you enjoyed it!

loveshortstuff11, Rush, Colorado

Oh my gosh that was sooo sweet!!!!! I loved it...and postponed my english homework just to read it lol... WOW!!!!

Bones96 BRONZE said...
on Sep. 6 2011 at 12:03 am

Thanks for reading and your commet. I will have to go back and check over my work I thought I had fixed all that. Anyways thanks again like the feedback. 

ThePeaceDaisy BRONZE, Albany, New York

“Laundry is the only thing that should be separated by color.” - Unknown
I will change this every week!

You're missing a lot of puncuation. Lots of it is just a big run-on sentence. It's annoying me, and normally with run-on sentences, I don't know how to read it, so I stop reading it because it makes NO sense.

Bones96 BRONZE said...

I am atually out of town right now and don't have my writing with me now but I'll try and have it all done by the end of next week but part of it depends on the editers on teenink when they post it. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy it! :)

MiNdLeSsLuVeRgIrL BRONZE, Kenly, North Carolina

If you love something let it go, if it comes back its yours if it doesn't, it never was!

how long does it take for your stuff to be put on the website!

Bones96 BRONZE said...

to let everyone know i have edited the rest of it but it will not be up for a while.

Bones96 BRONZE said...
on Jul. 24 2011 at 11:00 am

Thanks i'll go over it again. Thank you for your commet it made my day hearing it :)

SidPusain BRONZE, Kathmandu, Other

The most skillful flattery is to listen to what the other person has to say without interfering.

hei i think you need to check the grammer(i mean really check the grammer). Apart from that i like the plot and the way the story goes.

Bones96 BRONZE said...

Please feel free to commet< I love to hear what you think! Thanks for reading :)

Bones96 BRONZE said...

Just so everyone know's I am going back a spell checking everything it should be done soon :)

Bones96 BRONZE said...

Okay, Yea I thought my computer fixed them so I'll do it. And Thank you! It made my day :)