painful love | Teen Ink

painful love

March 22, 2011
By Hollywoodundead255 SILVER, mchenry, Illinois
More by this author
Hollywoodundead255 SILVER, Mchenry, Illinois
9 articles 2 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
its just another chapter in life but don't close the book...... turn the page.


The author's comments:
this is the main part where every thing takes off with the two main characters jake and taylor.

It started with a simple smile and a hug goodbye. As my best friend Jake drove away. I didn’t know that I wouldn’t see him the next day. The night he left he was in a car accident. He and his girlfriend had gotten into a fight about them leaving, Jake wanted to stay but Nicole wanted to get as far away from me as she could but Jake being Jake, wanted to stay as close to me as possible. So, she thought he was cheating on her with me, his closest friend so she cheated on him with his best friend Pat he found out and it was a huge mess…. “Great I just lost my best friend in the world” I sighed. **And if I could swim I’d swim out to you in the ocean swim out to where you were floating in the dark ** Jake was calling. “Hello? Jake is something wrong? ”
“Hi this is Nicole, you need to stay away from my Jake or else I’ll---”
The line went dead. I thought Jake’s phone died. So I went home popped some popcorn and turned on the TV. The music from my favorite channel flowed through the house I got tired so I thought I’d
See if any thing was on as I was flipping through the channels, I saw Jakes car on the news I quickly flipped back and I started to cry….. Both passengers were dead, or so they thought Jake crawled out of the car. Then collapsed on the side of the car where Nicole’s cold, lifeless body lay.

I drove to the hospital as quickly as I could when I got there I told them who I was and they like threw me to Jakes room. “Hey, Tay! Check it out my hand is blue!!!” Jake said tiredly. Yup, it was Jake aright.
“Jake, hate to tell you, but your hand isn’t blue... It’s red.” I giggled as I said it, I was just so happy to know he was still alive.
“It is? The little girl told me it was blue she colored it for me.” Jake laughed.
I wanted to know why he let a little girl color his hand but just





as I was about to ask, he fell asleep. I waited for him to



wakeup, but just as I was about to leave, I heard him say
“ Your not going to leave me are you?”




No. I’d never leave you.


“I’m just getting some food. Ise be hungry.” I said.
“OK just as long as you come straight back.”
“Ok I promise.”

Jake and I were closer then ever I had told him about when I saw his car on the news and how I started to cry. He told me every thing was alright that he was still here for me and he always would be. That just made me cry more. Well I knew he was going to be alright the doctor had asked him if he had any more relatives he said no. that as a lie his sisters Kylie and Jacqueline were in college and his mother was in Mexico. He said I was the closest thing he had to family left. The doctor pulled me aside and told that Jake was dying. I asked the doctor if he was joking. He said no he would never do that…. Jake only 2 months left to live. I cried and cried when I went back to Jake’s room he asked me what was wrong. I told him Stephanie was here with Nate and they invited me to the wedding. He knew I was lying though he always knew he asked me again what was wrong I told him I couldn’t tell him. He hated when I did that . I finally gave up and just as I was about to tell him, his mother ( my aunt Lori) opened the door, pushed me out of the way, and yelled at him for not calling her when he got to the hospital or something I was outside of the room. Just as I started to walk away, the doctor told me there had been a mix up Jake isn’t dying he would be out in a couple weeks. I started to cry again but not out of sorrow or pain but of joy and excitement. I ran back into Jake’s room to tell him but he was no where to be found just his psychopathic mother sitting on his bed crying. I felt like I should of went to comfort her but I called security instead. Jake peeped his head out of the closet. “is she gone?” he asked.
“yes, you can come out of the closet now.”
Jake tried stepping out of the closet but instead he wiggled out and fell. I burst out laughing. He tackled me like he always does when ever I laugh at him. The nurse swung the door open and yelled. So instead of Jake leaving in a couple weeks, he left in a couple hours.

I and Jake were now living together, only because he needed some one to take care of his arm. He always needed something when I was about to go to sleep or take a shower or the one thing that annoyed me the most is when he asked for food when I was about to eat. So, one day I wanted to tell Jake something when he was asleep, or so I thought, I whispered those three little words that I didn’t know that he would return two seconds after. He was passed out on the couch with a bowl of cheesy poofs, I was cleaning up and I sat by him I didn’t know I woke him up at the time and I whispered “ I love you” . As I go to get up, he gabs my arm pulls closer to him and whispers back “I love you too” . My face turned red as I got all happy and felt that fuzzy feeling inside that tells you your truly in love.

Jakes arm was fine now and I and he were more than “just friends” until Nicole’s mother introduced Nicole’s little sister. Nicole knew Jake was rich and her parental wanted in as well, so when Jake turned down Holli, they blackmailed him. With some pretty embarrassing photos of Jake a couple years back. Jake had told me I’d always be his girl no matter what so, I believed him, so now we were as my sister would say “lovers under cover” , now me and him still did live together, so when Holli came over to pick up Jake, it would just bring me back to reality, and Jake would tell me that he would be back in a half hour and I think Holli caught on because the next day those pictures of Jake were all over face book. Jake had told her he loved me and nothing was going to change that but she needed proof, so the three of us went out to my favorite place in Illinois, we went to uncle mikes a little restaurant near where my grandmother used to live in Chicago. When we got there I sat down and we ordered our food. Jake sat next to me and held my hand. Holli told me we should go somewhere actually on the map (tourists map) I told her this is on my favorite places to go on my map so we were some where on the map and she started to pout and bat her eyes at Jake and he just said this is his favorite place too so we weren’t leaving. I looked at all the things on the walls that I found so amazing as I pretty much grew up in this town. I looked at Jake he looked mad. Then I looked at Holli she looked like she had done something wrong. She was wearing a beautiful ring now and she whispered to me “Jake. Is. Mine. “ I ran as far as my little legs would let me go, which was to my grandmother’s old house I sat on her old steps crying I had a key it was my house now so I went inside and Jake came up to the door and begged for me to let him in. I asked him if he really gave Holli the ring or if she just took it. He said she took the ring and it was meant for me. Jake flashed his amazingly stupid but cute apologetic smile at me and I didn’t know what to do I could forgive him and beat Holli down or I could have him leave and not see him or talk to him again. I thought about it and decided to forgive him and pay a little visit to Holli.

I went up to Holli with Jake holding my hand and he started to whisper something like this is a bad idea but he was quickly cut off by Holli’s immature temper tantrum and I slapped her so hard that you could see all of the nonsense fly out of her head. I burst out laughing and just as soon as she hit the ground, she was up and trying to get a grip on my hair. I lightly pushed her down in her feeble attempt to try and win a fight she already knew that she lost. I pulled the ring off of her finger and ripped it out of her hand and said “ Jake is mine we was always mine and always will be mine so get that through your little mind or what’s left of it any way and leave him alone got it?” She ran to the owner of the restaurant that we were in and demanded that I be kicked out but he just started laughing and clapping pretty soon everyone but me and Holli were clapping. I said thank you but she sat there with a burning fire that only meant revenge in her eyes. Just as she was walking out the door, she looked at me like she was done playing games. I told Jake but he just told me to shake it off. So I went home and like he said shook it off and continued to wonder what she meant. The next day I saw roaming Chicago with her mother looking for me they saw me and began to walk towards me just then my god father walked up to me and they ran off I talked to him for a moment and began looking for them. When I finally spotted them Holli was in a cemetery crying into her hands as she sat next to her sister’s grave. So that’s why she hated me so much. She thought it was my fault that Nicole died not because I “stole” Jake from her. It was clear now. I went to approach her but when I got to her side she had looked up at me with pain in her eyes that only I knew what it had meant. . . . She had lost a loved one I looked at her and whispered I understand and she collapsed into my arms and continued to cry. She thanked me and apologized for her actions I told her that I did the same thing when I lost a loved one and I invited her to stay over at my house for the night.

Chapter seven “unneeded behavior”
Jake walked in after me and Holli got done talking and getting to know each other. He saw Holli and kicked her out I told him to get out and to apologize to Holli before I beat him down I told Holli to come back inside and after that Jake pulled me aside and told me that I needed to kick Holli out or he would never talk to me again, I told him to let me explain and I told him Holli’s story and he still wouldn’t listen so he packed up his stuff and left. I told olli about Jake and she went out to talk to Jake and she returned with no luck of finding him an hour later. I tried calling her but she kicked me to voicemail. I told Jake this was his fault and the next day I would be gone. I woke up to find things packed….. but it wasn’t my stuff, it was jakes he was passed out with packing tape in hair and on his face. I started un packing his stuff but whe I ws half way done he started packing it again and I told him that I wasn’t leaving I didn’t mean it. He stopped packing to tell me he was leaving and that he wanted the ring back….. I started to cry but I could tell he was half asleep but the words still cut through my heart like white hot blade. I felt dizzy next thing I knew it was the middle of the night and I was crying and Jake was right next to me sleeping.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 8 comments.


on Aug. 27 2011 at 1:03 pm
Bookworm1998 GOLD, Brampton, Other
17 articles 2 photos 118 comments

Favorite Quote:
Preserve your memories, keep them well; what you forget, you can never retell.

its a good storyline, but the scenes fly by too fast with no detail. its sometimes hard to interpret wat your trying to say because of the grammarical mistakes. if u coiuld just work on that, the book would be great!

on Jul. 12 2011 at 10:33 pm
Hollywoodundead255 SILVER, Mchenry, Illinois
9 articles 2 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
its just another chapter in life but don't close the book...... turn the page.

next week fer sher

on Jul. 12 2011 at 11:56 am
when will the next chapter be done ?

on Jul. 12 2011 at 11:49 am
yeah everything just happens really fast ! kinda confusing !

on Jun. 23 2011 at 11:53 am
Hollywoodundead255 SILVER, Mchenry, Illinois
9 articles 2 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
its just another chapter in life but don't close the book...... turn the page.

you'll just have to see im almost done with the next chapter!!! :))))

on Jun. 21 2011 at 4:16 pm
alpal1621 BRONZE, Scottsdale, Arizona
3 articles 0 photos 6 comments
Ok, just to clarify, they end up together in the end, right?!

on Apr. 7 2011 at 9:25 am
Hollywoodundead255 SILVER, Mchenry, Illinois
9 articles 2 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
its just another chapter in life but don't close the book...... turn the page.

ok thanks! =]]]]]]

on Apr. 7 2011 at 7:10 am
hannahbbycakes, Brownsburg, Indiana
0 articles 0 photos 6 comments
I think you have a really great plot but I don't think you put enough time on the details of the story and it's like everything happens way to fast.