April Fresh

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next »

New friends & Movies

I smiled and waved goodbye. I went to turn and saw that someone was there. A girl with straight red hair was staring at me. She was wearing an oversized T-shirt that almost covered her jean shorts. He green eyes were like Lilly pads. “So you’ve met Jake. Someone’s got access to the pops.” I raised an eyebrow. “You know Popular.” She explained. “I’m Alex.” I nodded. “April. So what were you saying about him?” I asked. She sighed. “High school cliques. Unfortunately every teenager around here has one. Me? I am the nobody. That person that blends in with everyone else. You know the shadow on the wall that no one seems to care about.” I looked at her and saw that no expression was one her face. “I’m sure that’s not true.” I said firmly. “It is.” She replied. Her voice was flat. “Well were going to change that.” She smiled at me and we both walked to together to a yogurt place across the street. “You know this could be the start of a beautiful friendship.”
--------------------------------------------
“So were on for tonight?” She asked again. “Course. Can’t wait.” I waved goodbye to Alex and went back home to shower. We were going to the movies to see this movie that she swears is going to be amazing. It’s a remake of beauty and the beast. I think it was called Beastly. Anyways it going to be fun to hang out with her. We talked for a while and she seems pretty cool. Nice enough to hang out with. When I got home I found packages all over the living room. “Whoa what is this?” I asked. My dad came out from the kitchen. “Uh your bed room what else?” I smiled. “Hey Dad.” I gave him a quick hug. “Oh Dad I forgot to ask. Is it okay if I go to the movies with a friend tonight? It’s the girl I met at the beach. I promise it’s completely safe. You can even drive me.” My mom was so over protective of me so I always had to say this stuff to convince her to let me go. Dad laughed. “Trust me sweetie I believe you. Of course you can go. Oh and here.” In his hand he held a phone. Not just a phone, but the IPhone 4. “Who’s that for?” He laughed again. “You! I’m friends with the guy at the AT&T store and he let me get it for only fifty bucks.” He handed it to me and I marveled at the crystal screen. I looked up at my dad. “Oh my gosh I can’t believe this. THANK YOU!” I yelled as I gave him a huge hug. I got ready for the movie and decided to wear my favorite and oversized shirt that says “I love more” on it with some skinny jeans. Dad let me drive his car because he knows I already have my license. I texted Alex with the number she gave me.
Are you here yet? It’s April
I sat in the car and turned up the radio as it blasted Kesha’s new song we r who we r. The phone vibrated on my lap.
Yeah meet me outside the door
-I’m loving it!
I giggled at her signature as I came out of my car. I found her wearing skinny jeans with a yellow shirt that had a baby chick with popcorn in hand. A little bubble came out of its mouth saying “Chick flick night!” She wore all white converse to match. She smiled at me when she saw me. “Shall we go in?” She extended her arm and I looped mine into hers. “We shall.” We laughed and walked inside. We got some popcorn and soda and we walked over to the theater. Not many people were there. When the movie started Alex reminded me to put my phone on vibrate. I did as I was told just as the movie started.
--------------------------------------------------
When the movie was done both me and Alex agreed that the movie was cute. “Hey I gotta us the potty.” I giggled as she ran inside the bathroom. I turned to find someone directly behind me. I lost my balance, but the guy caught me before I could fall. “Whoa you okay.” I looked up to find a familiar face. “What are you doing here?” Jake and I said at the same time. I smiled while he laughed. “I was here with my little sister watching that remake of beauty and the beast.” I raised my eyebrow in surprise. “Wow the popular kindle breaking guy isn’t afraid to get caught seeing a chick flick with his little sister? I’m shocked.” He chuckled and then said, “Well no one comes to this theater as you can see.” I laughed then. “And I really am sorry about the kindle.” This guy’s conscious must really be nagging at him. “I’m just kidding. You better get used to that cause I’m going to hold this against you for the rest of your life.” We both laughed then. I couldn’t help, but stare at his eyes. They were just like the ocean. “You know you have eyes to kill for.” I said in a “matter of fact” tone. He smiled and thanked me just as Alex came out of bathroom. “Hey you want to get coooo…….what are you doing here?” She said as soon as she saw Jake. He laughed again. “Little sister.” Alex nodded like she understood. She then turned to me. “So you want to get cold stone or something? Unless you got a date here with Mr. Popular.” I rolled my eyes. “Very funny and I thought that yogurt is what’s cool now.” I teased. Now she rolled her eyes at me. “Yes, because I Alexandra Gonzalez follows what everyone else thinks is cool.” She said sarcastically. I realized Jake was just standing there, hands in pockets not really knowing what to do. I felt bad and turned towards him. “Do you want to come with us? You could bring your sister.” I added. Alex looked up at me with wide eyes and this expression that said, “ARE YOU CRAZY!” I ignored her stare and waited for Jake’s response. He ran his finger through his hair and said, “Sure why not.” So that was that. We had made it official despite the desperate glares Alex sent me. That night would be the start of everything. The friendship, the relationship, the break-up, and everything else that you will soon find out. This is the beginning of finding me.

This book has 31 comments. Post your own now!

nemish23 said...

it's good. :)

the characters could be a little more defined and you should probably be aware of where your story is headed before you start, but it's going great.

keep writing! and i love julie&justin as well! keep writing that too!

writerchik_123 replied...
THANK YOU! And your right about the whole 'knowing where the stories going.' I'm still pretty new to writing and I've got all these ideas and I just want to write them all down at once! :) And I love Julie and Justin too

ForThoseWhoHaveHeart said...
I think you need to write more. Soon.! :D

BobbiMonkey replied...
Are you going to add more to April Fresh, and your welcome, happy to give you support.

writerchik_123 said...
Dec. 29, 2011 at 2:11 am
Okay everyone. I have come to a decision. I am going to be pretty much changing the whole book. Im sorry but i feel like I might have made a mistake with this whole vamp. Thing. So I'm just going to go with my original ideas. And special thanks to BobbiMonkey. You've been reading this since day one. Thanks for your support

writerchik_123 said...
i am honestly and genuinley sorry. I am having a MAJOR writers block. Im pretty much out of ideas. Feel free to give me some ideas. Until then I think I'm going to have to put April Fresh on hold for a little while. Read some of my other stuff in the meantime.

BobbiMonkey replied...
well, in your book since the vamps hate wolves, then how about april in about to be attacked by a vamp when she transforms. Just a idea- that u could use

writerchik_123 said...
Hey guys! I am ever so sorry I havent posted in such a long time. I have been super busy with school and trying to pull my grades up. But with thanksgiving week this week I am going to give you all at least 3 new chapter! Thanks soo much for reading!

writerchik_123 said...
Hey guys. sorry I havent posted in a while. Been busy with school. Im still pretty busy but i promise 2 new chapters by Nov. 8!

BobbiMonkey replied...
Can't wait for more chapters ( Please submit more soon!) ;)

BobbiMonkey said...
I Can't Wait For more Chapters to come :)

BobbiMonkey replied...
I been looking to see if there is more chapters and i can't wait for more (i'm kinda of a fast reader, love to read)

writerchik_123 replied...
So glad you like it!!! Promise ill post more soon!

writerchik_123 replied...
Oh and ill read some of your stuff too!

writerchik_123 said...
Hey guys. Just here to keep you posted. I have found a way to take this book into a whole new direction. Hope you guys like wolves......:)

BobbiMonkey replied...
Wolves or WereWolves?????

writerchik_123 replied...
Idk.....guess youll just have to find out.... ;)

BobbiMonkey replied...
I Cant WAIT for more!!! :)

aubreyflsom said...
Aug. 13, 2011 at 12:33 am
write more its sooo good!

writerchik_123 replied...
I cannot believe that people are actually reading this! :0 I thought it would just be another story on here that doesnt get a lot of reads! Thanks!