Wigga In Love | Teen Ink

Wigga In Love

March 6, 2011
By Narlada97, Pasadena, Texas
More by this author
Narlada97, Pasadena, Texas
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Life Sucks... get over it."


Author's note: I really do like Jonathan in reality and I just figured that I should right this out as a joke, but it blossomed into something way better.

The fresh air outside of Sam Rayburn set the stage for Emily's first day of high school. She clutched her notebook tighter, her grip eating into the side binding of it. She had always figured this day would come, but she hadn't exactly predicted that it would be so soon. Hell, it felt like just the previous day that she was stepping right into her pre-k class with such a fear of failing that she nearly threw up on the welcome mat in the doorway. High School was the last thing Emily would have to face. She always worried more on the present then the future, so as the previous years zipped by at am alarming rate, she was left lolly gagging on the days she went through. Never once did she think about high school being so big... or so ominous. As smart of a girl as she was, she still could feel her knees shaking at the sight of the behemoth they dared called a school. She swallowed hard, her sore throat aching at the action. With a deep breath and a swift thought, she stormed the campus and went to find some of her childhood friends.
Her eyes wandered the gathering mass of students, searching for some kind of sign that her people have decided to conglomerate together like old times. As she turned around to check on the other side of the school, she heard a voice call out to her, "HEY EMILY! LONG TIME NO SEE!" A shock went threw her entire body as she remembered the voice and it's strange luscious sound. She wound around, desperately trying not loose her footing in front of him, but she was a bit too nervous to stop herself. She let out a scream as she lost control. She shut her eyes and waited to fall flat on her face when she felt a warmth underneath her, stopping her fall. She gasped as she turned to meet her savior's familiar face. Jonathan stared into her eyes, "Hi. How have you been?" Emily was speechless. She hadn't seen Jonathan in a few months, and she had been so busy in the summer that she hadn't contacted him at all. Plus, things were still a little thin after what happened at the 8th grade dance the year before.
She couldn't breath. She had completely forgotten what had attracted her to him in beginning. He looked almost the same as he did the year before, but there was one difference. He had this sparkle in his eye that she didn't see him the year before. It was almost too beautiful to describe. Before she looked like an even bigger idiot than she already had, she finally uttered a few words. "Hi. I missed you." His smile softened, and he replied, "Me too. It was kind of lonely without your weird self running around fixing everything." She shook her head, "It's okay. Once a therapist, always a therapist. Oh and Jonathan... you can pick me back up now." He blinked in confusion, but as he looked her over, he remembered why he was holding her in the first place. "Uh, yeah. Sorry." He felt his face heat up, but he placed her back up into place. "Um," he muttered, "do you want to come and reminisce with some of our old friends. Tara has been wanting to see you for a long time now." Emily blinked, "Tara's here." Emily squealed and went to hunt for her friend.
Seating on the railings under the car port were some of Emily's old friends that she hadn't talked to in a while. Wendy had cut her hair. Alyssa had let hers grow out. Tara straightened hers. Emily's eyes shone with excitement as she approached her old group. They all looked to her and smiled. "EMILY!" She was mobbed by hugs and hair ruffles as she was reunited with them. "Good to see you guys. Sorry for not keeping in touch, but this summer was a mess." They shrugged. "It's alright Emily. Point is that we are together here now, and that you will never ignore us again... right?" She smiled, "Alright alright. I will talk to ya'll non-stop this summer, okay?" They nodded and looked behind her. Tara then chimed in, "Well I see you found Jonathan. I'm glad too. He hasn't shut up about you since we got here." Emily's back stiffened, and she turned around to him. "Oh really now? If I recall, you said that Tara wanted to see me. Why lie my dear friend?" Jonathan rubbed his neck in embarrassment, " Oh okay. I was really anxious to see you again. I missed your demented sense of humor and when we used to talk. I was just a bit over excited that's all." Emily grinned because she had known him long enough to be able to see through his little mask. "He still has feelings for me then. Good. I just hope this year will be better than the last." She thought.
The little group got to talk for a few minutes longer before the bell rang for them to go inside the school and be sent to homeroom for their schedules. When the group went their separate ways, Emily could have sworn she saw him look back and kind of watch her leave. She could feel his eyes on her back, just like 8th grade all over again. She smirked as she walked away to receive her freshman schedule. "I pray this year is better." She thought again as she rounded the corner.

Emily slowly stepped into her homeroom, fear ripping through her insides as she prayed she had someone that she in actually knew that class. She didn't want to deal with the TAKS test with just a bunch of clowns that she despised in middle school. She let her eyes scan the room for any sign of a familiar life form and immediately perked up when she saw Alyssa waving her over. Emily felt her face stretch into a nice smile as she stole the seat next to her friend. "Glad to have someone in my homeroom. I thought I would be stuck with a bunch of stiffs like my 7th grade year." Emily commented, hugging her friend over the threshold. "My feelings exactly and not only do I have a good friend in here, but I got the one and only dork in here." Alyssa laughed and Emily pouted. "Ah, I am going to have to keep that damn nickname in high school, aren't I?" Alyssa grinned, "Of course you will... dork." I rolled my eyes. It figured. Alyssa had always been a good friend, but she responded to everything a bit different than the others had. Emily had met her in the sixth grade on the bleachers over a discussion on the newest and most badass movie that had come out at the time, The Dark Knight. Now, Emily, being as shy as she was back then, had found it awkward that she had just kicked up conversation with a total stranger at the time. After they were dismissed to class though, she had found out that she had had gym with the girl and the friendship grew from there. It was quite remarkable. Other than Tara and Jonathan really, Alyssa was one of Emily's first real friends. The two friends sat and talked all about their summer vacations and just how bad they had gotten. Not long after they started to reminisce did the bell ring, and high school kind of began for them. One bell later, the two walked out of their class with their schedules and a map that was so hard to read that someone with 20/20 vision and the most excellent sense of direction couldn't even f*ing navigate it. Emily rolled her eyes as she read aloud her first class, "Biology... again. Why do they always give me science at the worst possible times?" Alyssa laughed at her, " It figures that would want to make your first year of high school harder than it needs to be." Emily nodded in agreement. They then said their goodbyes and walked to their first classes. Emily ran in into the class, hoping to get the seat closer to the back, so she wouldn't be called on as often. Luckily, she snagged the farthest back seat possible. As she placed her things down to claim her spot, she glanced around the room for people she knew. She did spot a few like Flor Ivon, Abel Rodriguez, Larissa Perez, and Emily Garcia. Emily smiled at the people that she knew could get decent grades in this class, so they could help her study. She was sure she'd need it. She decided to wait for class to start the old fashion way. She pulled the pencil out of her hair and started to doodle on the first page of her science journal. Before she knew it, the bell rang. The teacher called attention, and Emily straightened herself out, determined not to skim by with semi- decent grades like the previous year. He began to introduce himself and went around handing out the syllabuses to the class when someone burst into the into the classroom. "Sorry I'm late, Mr. Daye. I got lost." The teacher referred to nodded to the boy, "I see, you must be the Mr. Sandoval we have been missing. Alright then. I'll let you slide today considering it is your first day, but do not be tardy again." Jonathan shook his head, "No sir. It won't happen again sir." Mr. Daye nodded, "Good, now why don't you take the seat next to Ms. Garza over there in the rear?" Emily felt her stiffen and her face went hot and gained a nice pink shade. Jonathan nodded and went to place his things down. He whispered over to Emily, "Surprised to see you here. I thought you were hell bent on not taking Biology this year?" Emily shrugged, "I figured what the hell." Jonathan snickered, "Same old Emily. Well, I'm glad I have at least one class with you." Emily's face went from pink to scarlet in an instant. She then whispered over to him, "Let me see your schedule. Biology might not be the only class where I got to see your black ass." He laughed, "Definitely the same Emily. Here you go." He handed her the little paper and she slid hers out of the notebook. When she handed it back, her face was definitely excited, "See the rest of the day then. We got Algebra together, Art, and English together." He smiled and he nodded as he tried to put his attention back to Mr. Daye. As Emily stayed as focus as possible, she could feel that same feeling of eyes on her as she watched Mr. Daye explain the class. She could also see out of the corner of her eye whenever she sensed a little bit of movement next to her. She was distracting him. Oh, if she didn't help him relax, he would surely fail this year. "Guess I have my work cut out for me." She thought.

The author's comments:
Short chapters are short... yes.

Emily walked into the cafeteria with a smile. The day had been a little crazy so far, but she was hoping that it would close without too many distractions. She already had a few classes with him and knew she had one more before the day would end, but she hoped that they wouldn't fail each other over their little attractions. It would be the worst thing for her. She needed excellent grades to be at least considered for U of H and the Art Institute. She didn't really know what he would want to do with himself, but she hoped that she wouldn't cost him his dream either. She found a nice decently clean table and slide her tray on it. She had decided to go with the Chicken Nuggets because they have always been one of her favorite foods, school made or not. She pulled out her new sketch book from her binder, and began to sketch something that she has been wanting to do for a while. She would occasionally reach over and eat a nugget or two. In fact, she was so immersed in her drawing that she didn't notice the shadow that was cast over her or the boy that had leaned in close to her face. However, when she felt his breathing near her neck, she panicked and whirled around to face him. "Finally you notice." Jonathan laughed. Emily's face paled, and she felt her breath stop again. She paused on it, inhaled really deep, and blew out slowly. "Hi Jonathan. Nice to see we have lunch together too." She stated, sounding a bit winded. Unfortunately for her, he noticed this immediately and smiled that evil little smirk that just sent her blood boiling. She felt her back straighten for about the billionth time in the last few hours. She was falling for his charm all over again! She thought about how she tried to maneuver around it the year before. After a few seconds of recollection, she smirked a little. "So , how was your summer?" Jonathan looked at her and his smile grew wider, "Like I said. Same old Emy. It was good." Suddenly, his thoughts took a little detour and thought, "It would have been better if we would've talked more, you cutie, you." He blinked at his thoughts and frowned. "What was all that about?" He asked himself. He shrugged it off for now and tried to go back to his discussion with Emily when he noticed something else about her. She had actually gotten cuter than what she had been last year. She layered her hair out, but it still looked longer. She had gotten a better pair of glasses that thinned her face out even more. She had lost a little bit of wait and had gotten slightly taller. She had also decided to slightly change her wardrobe to be a bit more modern.. and tight fitting. "Wait.," He stopped, "Did I just think that? " He looked her over again, and his mind went off again. "Well, her boobs did get bigger too." He scowled and mentally cursed himself over that thought. The whole day swam by so fast that Emily didn't even realize it. She went home that day and plopped on her bed. She smiled at a thought that ran through her mind . She laughed it off and whipped out her sketchbook and finished the picture she was working on earlier. She had captured his smile perfectly, and she was so happy. She knew that this wasn't the last of the pictures that she would draw of him.

The author's comments:
Long chapter... yay!

Emily walked into her Biology class with a nice, wide smile plastered to her face. She loved every class she had with him and was glass that she got to see him in the morning. She just wished she had every class with him, but she did admit that they had just enough classes together to satisfy her. She plopped into her seat and waited for her sweetheart to take his place next to her. As she doodled in her sketchbook in wait, she heard his sweet laugh near the doorway, and she smiled and perked her head up to bid a good morning to her love. However, the sight she saw when she looked up was something completely and utterly heartbreaking. A girl that she remembered was Naomi Salazar was whispering something in his ear. When she pulled away, Jonathan blushed and smiled at her. As she turned to go to her class, he called her name. When she turned back around, he pecked her on the cheek. Emily felt something fall off her desk, but she didn't care. She just saw the one thing that she hoped she would never have to see again. She felt her fists clench in anger and disappointment, and her eyes began to water. She bit her lip in frustration, and let out a shaky sob. She slid her head down on her desk and felt her breathing start to shake as she let out small heaves. She felt like her whole world was ripped out right from underneath her. She heard his books hit his desk and she tightened her head in her arms. She didn't want to see his face. She knew that she would just breakdown in front of him. She didn't want him feeling too guilty that he had just shattered her heart into the tiniest pieces. She wasn't that type of girl. She just cried silently onto her desk. He didn't notice a thing, silently thinking that she was probably tired and was taking a nap. He couldn't have been more wrong. She had her things ready by the time the bell rang. She bolted from the classroom, not wanting to linger near him for too long. As he was leaving, he noticed that she had dropped something on the floor. He picked it up and read the cover, 'Emily's Sketchbook." He shook his head at her idiocy for leaving it. He lifted the cover and flipped through it. He felt his eyes bulge in disbelief at the sketches. Every page was nothing but him. Little drawings of his eyes or his relaxed positions were everywhere. "Oh Emily." He whispered. He flipped to the last page that she had been working on and gasped at the sight. It was a beautifully drawn piece of him smiling down at her. She had a nice little heart- shaped box in her hands behind her back. The caption wasn't finished, but you could make out what it would have said. "I give you my heart." He said and felt his heart stretch a bit. He slid it into his binder and rushed to his next class before he was late. Emily shoved her books in her locker and slammed it. She couldn't believe this s**t. She was the totally destroyed on the inside. She just wanted to lay down and die. She felt no need to go on... and she was pissed about it. She never wanted to feel all suicidal about a BOY! She always had dreaded the day that she would do it, and it was unfolding before her eyes. She frowned at herself. She had to get over it then. If he wanted Naomi then he could have her, but he didn't know what he would be missing. Immediately, an idea popped into her head, "Then I will show him what he will miss." She wiped her face, trying to rid it of the tear stains, and continued to her class. She had to just finish this day with a strong ending and then she could show her how the other half of the high school food chain can get crazy. -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- Jonathan frowned, "She is normally here on time every day. I wonder what is wrong." Emily had not yet walked into Biology and he was slightly worried that something may have happened to her. He was about to get up and see if he could find her when the bell sounded off. "S**t, she's late." He thought to himself and sat back down before Mr. Daye chewed him out. He tapped his pencil on the desk, worry getting the better of him. As Mr. Daye was about to start class, a girl walked through the doorway. "Sorry for being late, Mr. Daye. but I had to take care of a few things." The girl said. Mr. Daye frowned, "I'm sorry young lady, are you a new student?" The girl laughed, "Sir, I am Emily Garza, sir." Mr. Daye blinked in confusion at the girl and smiled. 'Well, nice to see you again, Ms. Garza. If you would please take your seat, I am begin class." She nodded to him and approached her seat. When she sat down, she heard the whispers start up, and she smiled. Jonathan looked over at her, mouth still agape in awe. She had a pleated, plaid red and black skirt adorned up her silky legs. Her shirt was a nice black button up polo that went up her middle perfectly, accentuating her breasts to a nice degree. Her hair was curled slightly and her eyebrows had been thinned out. She had also a nice layer of make up on, juicy eye- popping red lip gloss slipped over her thin lips. He couldn't believe this. This SO wasn't the Emily he knew anymore. He had to find out just what possessed her to do this to herself. Emily couldn't help but grin wider at the looks she was getting, especially from him. She saw from the corner of her eye that little wide mouthed shocked face of his. She giggled at the thought of him losing his mind over the new her. As she placed a pencil in her hair, she heard a muffled, "Plop" on her desk and looked over to find a note folded up on the corner of it. She picked it up and gently unfolded it and read it. "Emily... what happened to you? From Jonathan." Emily bit her lip and slid the pencil back into her hand. She scribbled something on it fast and passed over to him. He took from her and began to read. "I reinvented myself. The past is the past to me. I need to move on. So.. do you like it?" He gulped hard, his throat hurting from the action. He scrawled something on the paper and scooted it over to her desk. She felt the paper in her hands and bit her lip harder. She flipped it open and smiled at the answer, "Of course I do. Although, you didn't have to change yourself. You were fine the way you were." She wrote her reply and threw it over to him. He opened it in one swift motion and sighed at her reply. "The old me was a dork. The new me will be fit for any boy." He scribbled his response and threw it back to her. " You didn't need to change for anybody." She frowned and guided her hand across the paper, giving him the reply he needed to see. The note landed on his desk yet again, "There are a few people here that need to see just exactly what I am capable of." He sighed again. He had no answer or response for that. That lunch period was crazy. More than 8 guys came up to the new and improved Emily and asked her out, she of course, merely said she would consider it and sent them away... and it made Jonathan furious. He couldn't even sit with her because her table was rushed with guys as soon as she walked in. He had to sit on the opposite side of the cafeteria and just glare at every guy to approach her. He pounded his already balled fist onto the table and rubbed his forehead. He was getting a headache just thinking about all this. As he was failing at trying to calm himself, Naomi came over to his table and sat next to him. She looked over at Emily and shrugged, "Looks like the new girl is getting a lot of attention." "She's not new." Jonathan mumbled. Naomi looked over to him, " What?" "She's not new. She had been here since day one. She is my best friend. She just changed her looks." Naomi shrugged again, "Alright. Well, here's the 20 for the week. Keep pretending to be my boyfriend, and there will be more where that came from." Jonathan snapped up, "That's it. She is pissed at me! She likes me still, but she must have saw me with you and assumed that I liked you. And now she is getting back at me by showing me that she could be just like all the other girls!" Naomi stared at him. "So, in other words, the girl who loves you is pissed the f off at you for betraying her and now she is showing you that she could be as hot as the others if she tries. Plus, she will probably try to get you to be jealous by dating that other guy that just walked up," Jonathan whirled around and found this random guy sitting next to her, making her laugh and smile. He scowled, "Who is that a-hole?" Naomi thought about it, "I am pretty sure his name is Flex, and he is a badass artist. He has the same art class as her." Jonathan looked at her, "How do you know all this? You are the newest girl here." Naomi smiled, " I was instantly thrown into the connections. I know a lot more than most of the students who have been friends for years." Jonathan drooped his shoulders and turned to watch his best friend being sucked into the preps. "Oh Emily... what have I done to you?"

The author's comments:
I will make more pieces to it because it is incomplete. I just felt like posting it.

Emily swayed into class, her thoughts sinking deeper and deeper into her little plan to get her boy back. She stopped herself, "Wait," She thought, "Since when was this a plan to get him back. If he wanted me, he would have came and got me." She pressed her palm to her forehead, her train of thought suddenly lost at this new revelation. "I can't." She mumbled. A headache started to bubble up and frowned at herself. "This sucks." She said, "Even if I think I know what I am doing, my mind always thinks on its own." Emily felt her shoulders slump a little. She would have to think this over now.
She made her way over to her seat near the windows. She chose the seat because it seemed to be the best choice for her. Good lighting and it was just far enough away from him to where she could concentrate. She knew even from the beginning of the year that she would be be failing if she let him sit to close. She felt her frown deepen as she thought about how he had looked at her that first day of school. She was so sure of it. As she started to beat herself up over her foolishness, she felt a tap on her shoulder, and she knitted her eyebrows together. She turned herself around in her seat and smiled. Flex smiled back at her, "How you doing Em?"
Jonathan gripped his binder so hard that his knuckles were turning white. "It's been 2 weeks. 2 weeks of her just letting them fawn over her. I need to do sometheing. And look at him doing that to her. She never used to give anybody else that smile but me. He is just smooth talking her into his bed, I know it." He growled. Naomi shook her head from her perch on top on her desk next to his. "Dude, just tell her that you still dig her. It's not hard." He sighed, "It's not that easy. You don't know her like I do. Once you piss her off, she will be really mad at you for a while before she will even consider a sorry from you." Naomi smiled, "Awesome. Sounds like my kind of girl, maybe I should be friends with her." Jonathan felt his back stiffen and he snapped, "That's it! You need to become friends with her. You can give me the inside scoop on her." Naomi shook her head again, "Silly boy, you're not thinking. She thinks we're together. She won't want to be friends with me, especially if she felt as strongly for as I think she did." "Damn it. You got a point." Jonathan bit his lip. He was backed into a corner. He turned her attention back to Emily and Flex.
Flex flashed Emily a sweet smile. "Uh, I here you are an artist." Emily smiled, "You got it, boy. I am bit better at self portraits and realistic drawing though. I tried to draw anime last year, but it all kind of fell through for me." He winked at her, "I want to show you something." He flipped through is binder and found a thin sketchbook. He handed it to her, and she scanned through it. "Oh my god, Flex, these are amazing. You did all of these?" He nodded and she smirked. "He is the perfect device to make him jealous." She thought and continued her little conversation with him until the bell rang.
Emily walked down the street, jacket tied around her waist. She felt the need to go get a smoothie after school, so she decided to go to Dairy Queen. However, she had not noticed that she was being followed.
The vanilla smoothie was ice cold in her hands as she paid the boy at the counter. As she sat down in a booth, she heard the door open. She didn't acknowledge the person until he slid into her booth. She stopped drinking her smoothie and sighed, "Is there a reason why you stalked me here, Jonathan?" He bit his lip, "Yeah, there is, Emily. I am sorry. Just let me tell you...." Emily put her hand up, "I don't want to hear this right now. Look I understand, you like someone else. I guess my little stunt last year was a mistake. I went too far. I apologize, but I really don't feel like hearing your love life." She stood up and walked out. He growled and followed after her. As soon as he walked out, he got drenched. Apparently, it had started to pour while he tried to get Emily to hear her out. He looked around for her and saw her walking up the street as if nothing was wrong. He ran after her, trying to catch up.
As he attempted to reach her, he slipped and fell forward. Emily heard him fall and sighed. She walked back to him and helped him up. He looked up at her and frowned, "What happened to us, Em?" She shook her head, "I don't know. It all just kind of spiraled out of our hands." He gazed into her brown eyes, searching for the girl that he had fallen for in the past. "What happened to us being there for each other no matter what?" She bit her lip, tears welling up in her eyes. "I don't know. I-I-I'm sorry." He grabbed her face in his hands and shook her, "Stop apologizing! This is none of your fault. It's all mine. I did the dumbest thing ever... I hurt you when I promised that I wouldn't." Emily felt the tears rolling down her face now, "No. N-No. I-I shouldn't have d-done what I did. That's what s-started all of this." He groaned, "EMILY, don't you get it? I wanted you to. I wanted you to kiss me. If I had ever had any problems with it I would've said something!" Emily gasped, the words hitting her ears like gun shots. That one phrase ran throughout her head, "I wanted you to."
A sob was released and she wrapped her arms around him and finally hugged her best friend after a long time. "Come on, let's go to my place. I have some clothes from my cousin that just might fit you. Plus, my place is closer." Emily said, letting the rain wipe her face of the tears. He nodded, and they ran to her apartment. Emily smiled. This is how things were supposed to be. As he notice Emily smile, he had one thought circling his brain, What would he do about Naomi and how would he explain this to Emily? He decided that after they changed, he would let it all come out.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 3 comments.


on Dec. 19 2011 at 12:00 am
I loved it, but... "Paragraphs... where are they? oOoOoOo"(ghost voice). I would really like paragraphs. Please?

on Aug. 25 2011 at 6:10 pm
JustAnotherDay. BRONZE, Andover, Ohio
2 articles 1 photo 130 comments

Favorite Quote:
Stephen Fry - There are many people out there that will tell you that "you can't". What you've got to do is turn around and say, "watch me."

You should really continue to write on this story! Its really good.! (:

on Mar. 9 2011 at 5:01 pm
Ajah Ateen BRONZE, Saylorsburg, Pennsylvania
2 articles 0 photos 14 comments
Nice...Must Write More!