Witch and Werewolf | Teen Ink

Witch and Werewolf

February 15, 2011
By IntoxicatedBeauty BRONZE, Oak Ridge, New Jersey
More by this author
IntoxicatedBeauty BRONZE, Oak Ridge, New Jersey
2 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
I wish I were a tear so I could start on your eyes, live on your face, and die on your lips.
There once was a girl who never knew what love was until a boy broke her heart.


“You did this to me, and you can only stand and watch as my blood empties along this cement floor?”
“Watching you die is a pleasure to see; you deserve to die like your ancestors did.”
“You Bastard, did our love mean nothing?”
“Shut up witch, I could never love you!”
As these words came out of his mouth, it felt as if pure poison was filling into my veins.
I knew I was destined to die.
6 Months Earlier
“Wake up Jezebel!” yelled Aunt Beth
“I’m comin-g.” I replied sleepily
My first day of High school, I was a freshman. I got to meet all these new kids older than me and I was excited. I had promised myself these goals I had set to achieve before summer. Get good grades, make new friends, and fall in love. My main 3 achievements to help me make it through high school until the summer begins.
As soon as I got out of bed and carefully picked out the right outfit, I ran downstairs for a quick breakfast. Toaster waffles, my favorite. After I ravenously ate my breakfast, I went and brushed my teeth. Perfect timing, it was just about the time for my bus to be here. As soon as I grabbed my lunch money, kissed my Aunt and ran out the door, my bus had just gotten to my stop. Jumping on the bus I soon realized I would no longer see familiar faces since over the summer I had moved. Stepping on the bus, I looked into the sea of people, I could feel the penetrating gazes plastered on their faces. I quickly took the last free seat without trying to meet any gazes.
I quickly sat down and was glad for the one empty seat. The bus ride seems to have taken forever, since once I had gotten on the bus it took about 25 minutes to get to school. As the bus strode to the school, the buildings size was quickly discovered. It was massive! I was super excited to begin the new school year with a fresh start. I knew I needed it from all the mistakes I made in my past and I wanted a chance to change. This was my chance and I gladly took it. My life in Breakers was not something I will ever be proud of. The bus came to an abrupt stop and kids began filing off. I quickly joined the line, and when my feet touched the uneven pavement I knew this was real, no dream. I shuffled up the stairs and into the cold distant looking building. I was unsure of how this place would treat me, all I could hope was better than Breakers. As soon as I reached the hallway I was confused, I had no schedule and no maps or information at all. So I navigated the office and sat quietly waiting to meet with the principal, to explain how life was going to be here. I have had this talk only one other time in my life, but that was only when I began slipping up.
“Ah, Miss Clarke, right this way.” Principal Fuller stated.
“Thank you sir, I’m glad you had the time to see me, especially this early in the morning.” I said.
“It’s not a problem; I always have time to meet with the new students.” He had said.
As he said those words, ‘New Students’ I had shivered. I hadn’t come to realize I would be treated as the new kid in school, the one with all the attention and the one that doesn’t fit in. What fun this was going to be.
As I was lectured about the behavior in this school, I zoned out. I seemed to have missed his little fit because next thing I know he hands me my schedule and escorts me to the door. Before shutting it he has one last statement.
“If you ever need something just come up to my office, at any time” Were the last words he said just before his thick wooden door was shut in my face. As his door made a loud thud the secretaries looked at me like they were trying to come up with some gossip. As I caught their gazes they quickly snapped back and went right to work.
As I walked out of the office the halls were still flooded with people. As if on cue they all exited out into classes and I was left alone in the massive hallway. I slowly walked down the halls to find my locker which was number 1358. Only when I began searching for it I could only find 1000 and then I had to turn a corner. I was in such a hurry to find my locker I tripped and my things went spewing down the hallway. I got up and quickly grabbed my things and was grateful my book landed in front of my locker. Part 1 of this never ending day was resolved, only a million more to go through.
I opened the locker and then grabbed my stuff and headed to my first class. I had English first thing in the morning. So when I reached the room, I turned the knob and strolled to the teachers desk. I tried not to catch the looks I was getting from the other kids in class.
“Miss… Clarke take a seat next to Andrew in the back, follow along and you should be fine.” Mrs. Garcia said.
Andrew, like I knew who that was… She must be oblivious.
“Um, Andrew?” I whispered.
Some kid in the back right ushered me over with the wave of his hand. As I quickly sat down with my things in hand, I looked at Andrew and smiled.
He laughed and went right back to paying attention. I was in English class the one class I admired. I’m excited to see what the year brings.
“Turn to page 327 in your English Composition” Mrs. Garcia exclaimed
I looked at Andrew and knew I would have to ask her. I slowly raised my hand and Andrew grabbed it and pulled it down. Slid his book over to show he would share with me. I knew I would have to ask the teacher later after class for a book for myself.
While paying attention to class and the lesson, I never really realized what Andrew looked like. He had brown skater hair with green and golden ember eyes. Wow he was breath-taking, and I wonder how I didn’t realize to begin with. Suddenly I felt like I knew him, we had this attraction towards each other. I wanted to throw him in a closet and just…. The bell rang.

Wow I didn’t know what made me think of that. As the other kids filed out of the classroom I fell behind to ask the teacher for a textbook. While she was searching for one, Andrew came up behind me and said he would see me around and he flashed me a smile. I blushed and turned at the right moment to receive my textbook for the semester. Next on my schedule was World History CP. One of my most dreaded classes. I made it to the room right on time and early enough to grab a seat in the way back. Out of eyesight, far enough the teacher wouldn’t see me. But of course the teacher asked the whole class if there was a Rebecca Clarke and of course everyone looked around until gazes fell upon me. “Mr. Kilter, she’s right there.” Pointed a girl I would later know as Sarah Bictome. The school bi**h. The tattle tale and the girl everyone despised. “Thank you Miss Bictome.” Mr. Kilter exclaimed. And in such a flash, Andrew ran into the classroom like something was on fire. Actually something was on fire. He was sent by Mr. Zamas because the Biology classroom had a chemical spill which hadn’t been attended to so it became a fire. Andrew looked about the classroom until his gaze fell upon mine. That creepy feeling was back and I just wanted him there and now. Just to be so connected with him, have that feeling of belonging. What the f**k, why was I just thinking of that. Okay sure he was good looking but I don’t want to have sex with someone I just met. Of course I want to get to know him better but when would I get that chance. I spoke to soon, the classroom filed outside for a fire drill. Andrew came over to me and we started talking. “How’s the school treating you so far?” “Fine, I guess.. so what happened in your class that caused this. I think it’s pure bad luck.” “Well we had a spill which led to a fire. And I don’t think it’s bad luck, I got to talk to a beautiful girl.” Beautiful? Was he really looking at me? I am silvery blonde with my literally violet eyes. I tell people there contacts so they don’t freak out, but every Halloween they turn blood red. I find it so very creepy, yet for now I’m used to it. My pale skin, and my fragile looking body. My eyes make up for my body. “Awe you’re very sweet.” Again with the blushing! As the siren of the bells turned off and kids went back to classes, Andrew pulled me over. “Do you want to go out with me this Friday? To see a movie or get dinner or something?” “I would love to, umm here’s my number.” As I smiled and gave him my number I walked back into school and into my seat. The bell rang again signaling the switch of classes. By this time we had dropped third period and for fourth I had lunch, what I was dreading the most.

I found the cafeteria and got in line quickly. As soon as I paid the nice old looking cafeteria lady, I looked for a seat but I found none empty. I skimmed the crowd of kids to find that one empty seat like on the bus.
I went to look around the edge and tripped causing my food and everything to go spewing all over the floor and on my clothes.
As soon as I hit the floor everyone was quiet and looked at me all covered in my lunch. I was miserable as the rumble of laughter filled the entire room. I scrambled to my feet and ran out towards the door, and crashed right into Andrew. Gosh why is he everywhere I am today, coincidence much? He watched as I ran out crying with my mascara smeared down my face. I ran to the bathroom and cried, how was I going to wash out the food all over my clothes.
I had meatloaf and mash potatoes and corn all over my dark skinny jeans and blue flowing top. It was a beautiful choice ruined by my day. I ran to the nurse, she gave me the lost and found choice box with the clean clothes and I found a new outfit for my day. It wasn’t too great but it made somewhat of a difference then the corn and potato covered clothes.
So as I wandered back into the hallway to class, I walked to class and held my head high acting like nothing had happened. Hoping kids would do the same. Only when I got to my Earth Science class, kids saw me and broke out in laughing. My ears echoed the sounds of their piercing laughter. I tried not to cry as I found a seat next to some girl who seemed unbothered with the fact I sat next to her and even what had happened a few minutes ago. As the minutes went on into class the kids finally stopped laughing and started paying attention, I zoned out. I clearly didn’t realize class had ended when the girl who I sat next to told me to move. Wait what did we talk about or learn if we even did learn anything.
As I grabbed my books and walked out of the door I was happy to know the day was almost over and I could go home soon! Yes, the best part of my day is probably going to be going home. I was too focused on going home I tripped into someone and I didn’t look up until I heard his beautiful musical sounding voice. Taylor Wright. The one girls wanted to date. The one guys want to be like. He looked up at me and he had to smile.
“ Oh I’m so sorry, let me help you with your books” Taylor said.
“Thank you umm Taylor right?” I said.
“Yeah it’s Taylor, Rebecca right?” He said.
“Um yes It’s Rebecca” I blushed.
“Well I’ll see you later?” He exclaimed.
“Yeah sure” I said.
As I walked away with my books in hand I quickly turned around to realize he was still staring at me. I giggled to myself and walked farther away. Last class in the day, Creative Writing with Mrs. Formare, this class was recently added to the curricular. I loved writing songs and poems so I hoped this class would benefit me. So I knew as soon as I met the teacher this would be my favorite in the day. She was a sweet small little old aged woman. With her blond curly hair and her taste in clothes, you could tell she was experienced in writing.
When I sat down I began writing, immediately I was onto something like I always am when I feel inspired. Only had I begun writing I realized it was about Andrew. Wow I really liked him since all it was about was waiting for that special day to come and how I longed to kiss him. But I never figured out how I felt like I knew him before when I met him, which clearly had to be impossible since I just met him today, so I must be imagining things then. So all I knew was that in English I was given a project I need to look up on, a project about my ancestors and what they did and such in their time. The Clarke family so far all I was told was that my ancestors created a I think it was a book factory. They had a special book they gave out to others and the family. I think it was called “Mage Magic” or something along the lines of that.

After several minutes of writing I forgot that the bell would ring in about a minute or two. I had to quickly gather my stuff and then the bell rang right on time. So I hustled out of the room into the now crowded hallway to reach my locker. Its weird I haven’t seen Andrew in awhile. And as if on cue he came running out of gym all sweaty and of course he wasn’t paying attention and fell on top of me. I squealed.
“Ouch, get off me you’re hurting me.” I exclaimed with barely any air left in my lungs
“Oh, Jezebel I’m sorry I didn’t mean to, are you okay?” He asked sincerely.
“I’m fine.” I gathered my things and walked away.

He hurried to catch up to me but I quickly ran away to my locker and then opened it. So bland inside it, nothing fun in it at all. I really should decorate it soon. I grabbed my jacket and my bag, shoved my books inside and ran to find my bus. I found it quickly and then after ii got on I found the closest seat to the back and sat there. Some boy sat down next to me and completely ignored me for the entire ride. I just put my headphones in and listened to “Without you” By My Darkest Days. I love that song, one day that song will be my song with a boy. It means so much about a person. See the only boys I ever had I hooked up with it was a quick relationship. All based on drugs and alcohol.
My Life in Breakers was a living hell. I tried to be cool and popular and get by, by doing all the stupid things that kids did to seem super cool. Things like drugs and alcohol and sex and everything a girl my age should never have. I became a pot head- I loved weed. I would get high and I always needed a cigarette. Truthfully I still smoke but its very rare that it happens. I would drink at least a bottle a night but at a party I would get bombed, completely and utterly wasted!
I became cool and popular because I did all these illegal things. Things that caused me to get diseases and infections well things that could have gotten me infected. I loved being popular and being seen as special to them. The one with all the alcohol, since my aunt Beth is such a heavy drinker since she hates being divorced and single and all alone.
I haven’t seen my parents since I was 6 I was told they couldn’t handle me they thought I was going to be a problem child so they handed me over to my Aunt. No one knows where they are right now or if there even alive for that matter. I don’t find it that hard living without a family a home that loves you and is disciplined. A real mom and a dad who say they love you and take you shopping and out places. Make you a birthday cake and buy you clothes. I either got mine stolen but sometimes I bought the clothes. So I sort of miss my real parents and I hope one day I get to meet them if they are even alive right now somewhere out in the world. I really would like to know what they are like, what they like, and how they live. Is it easy without a troublesome child like me in there lives ruining everything good for them? I hate being here don’t get me wrong I love my Aunt Beth but I just want an actual family sometimes, something better for me to have worth living for.
See I got kicked out of Breakers and was taken to court. They found me passed out drunk and high behind the school. I was tested, found out and taken to court. I was guilty of my crimes, I was high on cocaine and I was smashed with a toxic level of alcohol. They put me on probation for 2 months and I had 72 hours of community service to fulfill. I hated it but it kept me away from the bad drugs and drinking and mostly the bad people.
When I finished my hours and probation, I begged my Aunt to let us move. I had figured out that all the peer pressure had caused me to change into something I said I would never be. I always claimed no smoking, no drinking, no drugs but no. I couldn’t resist temptation towards them. Why did people find a thrill? So I tried and I didn’t become instantly addicted but the first time it happened, I kept trying it. I hung around with those kids who helped ruin my life. To make me something I’m really not. Someone I’m really not like.

The author's comments:
Sorry it's been so long!!! Laptop broke and i haven't really been able to make new stories with everything going on. I promise to keep updating. AND her name is Rebecca. Jezebel was for another story i was working on, oops! Sorry Lovlies

Getting off the bus and walking down the street was probably the best part of my day, I only had to get inside the house and then I could relax. Actually I was going to make dinner and wait for my Aunt to come home so we could discuss my project on my family. When I think about my family, I really don’t know much. My family was always a mystery to me. Hmm, Google search time? I think so. So I type Mychal Clarke and I get absolutely nothing. Mychal Clarke and Isis Clarke, still nothing; do my parents even exist. I’ve never seen photos or anything. There was a massive fire when I was younger. Everything was destroyed and I was left with nothing. By the time I finished searching it was about time to start dinner. My Aunt would be home soon, with more alcohol but I would ask her questions before she got too plastered to function. So I made her meatloaf with corn and mashed potatoes. Nothing special but just something for the night, since if I don’t make dinner I usually don’t get to eat. While I wait for it to finish cooking I catch a glance at myself. I really don’t look normal or even human for that matter. My Aunt never told me why my eyes were purple; she just said it’s a family thing. What like a disease? And I’ve never seen hair this blonde ever. It’s not like a color on a box or really even in salons. I’ve never seen anyone with this color, obviously except myself. I lose track of time glaring at myself so vividly I don’t realize the door slamming or the oven timer going off until I hear her.
“Rebecca! Dinner’s ready I assume?” She said.
I ran quickly out of the bathroom and grabbed oven mitts out of the top drawer and pulled the meatloaf out. As I placed it on the top of the oven, I turned around to catch her glance. Her eyebrows were raised and by the looks of it she was going to ask something.
“Why meatloaf? Something special happen at school?” She questioned.
“Not really, school was…school. But I was assigned a project and it’s something I need your help on.” I begged.
“What is it?” She asked as she took her seat at the table. We rarely sit together let alone eat dinner. I sat alongside of her and dished her plate of food.
“It’s for English, it’s everything about our…our family history.” I looked down at my plate playing with the mashed potatoes as I asked.
I glanced up to see how she reacted but all I saw was her closed eyes.
“I don’t think it’s the right time, but I have something for the time being. See what you can figure out on your own”. She left the table for a minute and went in a closet or something.
“I already tried using Google to find my parents, well anything about them but I couldn’t find a single thing”. She reappeared with a book. A thick book but it was still small enough to fit in my palm. It looked more like a journal or diary someone had over the years. Why would I want this? I don’t want to read about my Aunt’s love life or whatever when she was my age. She placed it on the table and said “You’ll know when the time is right”. She took her plate with her into her room for the night.
“Oh and I have a date on Friday night.” I screamed before her door shut.

I sat there alone, staring at my food and then staring at the book. I flipped it over and read what was on the front. Mage Magic. No, it can’t be. It’s the book she took me about as a kid. This is it.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 10 comments.


on Jan. 11 2022 at 5:53 pm
Writtingisamazing BRONZE, Allentown, Pennsylvania
2 articles 0 photos 24 comments

Favorite Quote:
Act as if what you do makes a difference because it does!

This is amazing you should write more!

on Jan. 30 2012 at 6:05 pm
BluBirdWriter13, Nowhere, Kentucky
0 articles 0 photos 33 comments
loving this book, instead of vampire and werewolf its witch and werewolf very orginal luvs it

on Nov. 2 2011 at 10:30 am
kaybaby92 SILVER, Cumberland, Maryland
6 articles 0 photos 2 comments
Your welcome.This kind of stuff really is interesting to me.I'm going to start writing a story also soon,but once I do I hope it will be great like yours,it will take me awhile but I just gotta think of it.I loved reading it and cant wait for more!Your an excellent writer!I would so publish this if I was a publisher.Again thank you for writing this!

on Nov. 1 2011 at 9:32 pm
IntoxicatedBeauty BRONZE, Oak Ridge, New Jersey
2 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
I wish I were a tear so I could start on your eyes, live on your face, and die on your lips.
There once was a girl who never knew what love was until a boy broke her heart.

Aweh thank you, that means so much to me. I will be sure to start writing more and adding it. It means alot that you even took your time to read my measly story and even comment. Thank you once again(:

on Nov. 1 2011 at 12:35 pm
kaybaby92 SILVER, Cumberland, Maryland
6 articles 0 photos 2 comments
This is absolutly amazing you should totally write more!I am in love with it!I love stories like this!So please write more!

on Aug. 2 2011 at 12:20 pm
DirectingGabs GOLD, Texas, Texas
19 articles 1 photo 65 comments

Favorite Quote:
\"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.\"

It's SUPER good so far! Only one thing, try not to repeat things when you say them (I do this mistake ALL the time!) Like as an example: The door slammed shut. The door had made a bang when it shut, drawing my attention. I just made that sentence up, but you should get the point. But, alot of people now do that. Anyways, it's reallly good so far!!(: Great job!

GP18 said...
on Apr. 27 2011 at 6:56 pm
I like it but i'm confused. how come some times she's rebecca and sometimes she's jezebel?

on Feb. 23 2011 at 7:56 pm
IntoxicatedBeauty BRONZE, Oak Ridge, New Jersey
2 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
I wish I were a tear so I could start on your eyes, live on your face, and die on your lips.
There once was a girl who never knew what love was until a boy broke her heart.

Don't be afraid to comment on my work please i strive to make it better in any and ever way. So please comment if yo uhave something to say.

on Feb. 21 2011 at 9:16 pm
IntoxicatedBeauty BRONZE, Oak Ridge, New Jersey
2 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
I wish I were a tear so I could start on your eyes, live on your face, and die on your lips.
There once was a girl who never knew what love was until a boy broke her heart.

Oh it's no problem at all i appreciate the critism. It only makes work better. I agree the title should be different but im not sure i only began writing this novel and it still needs some work.

Inkfan SILVER said...
on Feb. 21 2011 at 1:34 pm
Inkfan SILVER, Memphis, Tennessee
5 articles 0 photos 19 comments

Favorite Quote:
Age is irrelevant, because time is just a measurement!

The only thing I have to say is the title could use some work.  Magical Bite would have been a better title, in my opinion...but then I'm sort of a snob, so you should probably ignore me.  

Sorry for bugging you? :)