Home > Novel (Fiction) > Romance > Wait for Me

Wait for Me

Faith S.
Wait for Me
Summary: Roselyn is forced into marriage to a man she doesn't love. Until her best friend's brother comes back from studying to be a doctor in London. Full of jealousy and drama, romance and laughter, this is a short story that will capture you emotionally.

Kay95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 16, 2012 at 5:20 am:
Oh I loved it! :D
It was so good! Made me laugh, made me wish to jump into the story and take Roslyn's place ;) It was really well written :) I applaud *claps*
Hmmm maybe a little more of the old time language weaved throughout it would help with the implied time it's set in..? Either way, i love it!
Keep writing! :D I'm on my way to explore some of your other work :)

FaithSnyder16 replied...
Jul. 11, 2012 at 5:27 pm :
Thanks so much @kay95 I tried to not put more language like the time period because I actually had put it in there, but my friends complained said they didn't understand it. So it's confusing and I get that. :) Thank you for commenting I loved the critisism most people don't say how they think so thank you so much! :)) You've made my month honestly!!!! :D

FaithSnyder16 said...
Mar. 20, 2012 at 8:33 pm:
Thanks so much nemish23! I looove Matthew ahahah I modeled him on my dream guy lol. I've started a novel and have a few of the rough draft chapters on here I've gone back and made changes but if you liked this one I think that you'd enjoy the novel! It's called My Dear Mr. Bishop, Thanks for commenting and I thanks you for the feedback! <3

nemish23 said...
Mar. 20, 2012 at 1:08 am:
i love your story!!! it's so cute. Matthew sounds like my kind of guy! :) keep writing, that story is awesome!

FaithSnyder16 replied...
May 26, 2012 at 6:23 pm :

lostkitten37b said...
Bwahaha, YES! Goodbye mister toad, hello handsome prince! Great story, by the way.

lostkitten37b replied...
Dec. 12, 2011 at 11:40 pm :
I Just read your author's note. You should write more of these! I really liked the historical setting. More? Pretty please?

FaithSnyder16 replied...
Dec. 13, 2011 at 6:18 pm :

Lost kitten, 

I'm actually working on a full blown novel that this story inspired. I have I think the first 11 chapters up but It's not finished! Check it out and I thank you so much for reading this! I love the feed back you've given me and it made my day! :) 

elephantshoes said...
I loved it! :) good job!

FaithSnyder16 replied...
Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:11 pm :
Thanks Elephantshoes! I'm really glad you liked it! 

RachaelSt said...
HEY  SDGDS SDTFSDRETRE

FaithSnyder16 replied...
Oct. 18, 2011 at 2:55 pm :
HEY ;) AKJNDFKJANFKJ AKJDBFKJAB

meme said...
Wow this story is really well written other than the few mistakes in spelling and grammar. You have really nice ideas and a great sense of that romantic writing style. I honestly wished the story had more to it though, perhaps more complications. Other than that, brilliant! (:

FaithSnyder16 replied...
Oct. 18, 2011 at 2:55 pm :
Thanks so much Meme! I do know I have a lot of grammar and spelling work to work on, and most of the stuff I post on here, is just rough drafts, and I'm acutally working on a novel that is inspired around this story, the charaters are different and the idea is similar and changed... Idk how to explain but I do have the first I think 8 chapters put up here if you'd like to check it out. I thank you for leaving your comments, it really made my day :) Thanks for reading! 

Kgirl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 4, 2011 at 12:41 am:
I think you have a really good start and some potential.  But your work comes across to me as if you are trying to hard to be jane austen.  Also, you sometimes switch from past tense to present.  And some of your words were wrong, like "strait" instead of "straight" and "purpose" instead of "propose".  I also think you should work on your dialogue, because it seems to switch a lot from old British speaking to modern terminology.  Other than that, you have some strong cha... (more »)

FaithSnyder16 replied...
Sept. 4, 2011 at 6:02 pm :
Thanks! I love how STRAIGHT forward you were with me, and I just was told yesterday by my teacher that I've been spelling straight wrong all my life, and I'm 17 hahahah :D sooo huge fail on my part. Um, I've been working on my dialog alot and I've edited this since I put this on, and I think it's alot better, I know I sound like Jane Austen, and I think it's because I'm in loooove with this time period, and her work. I'm not intentionally trying to sound like her, I'm trying to be myself, and wr... (more »)

LilLover5-15 said...
Love your work! I loved this story

FaithSnyder16 replied...
Aug. 14, 2011 at 7:35 pm :
Thank you! I'm glad you liked it AND commented! I love hearing feedback and not gonna lie... it's given me a huge ego boost heheheh :)) Jk jk.. hahah thanks so much!

emilybwrites said...
wow great story! it had me hooked! please check out my poem "Forgotten Domain" and comment/rate it. i love to get feedback from fellow writers

FaithSnyder16 replied...
Aug. 14, 2011 at 4:37 pm :
Thank so much!! :D I'm so happy you enjoyed reading it! I'll check it out!! :D