The Summer I Found Myself

Summary:

We walked up the boardwalk and a few guys were coming down our way. There were three of them and they were our age, maybe a little bit older. When we got ready to pass them one of them stopped smiling and asked “Did it hurt?” I looked at him confused and asked “Did what hurt?”

“When you fell from heaven?” My face blushed immediately and Shelly started laughing so hard that I couldn’t help but join in.

“I’m Ayden, and this Jason and Carson.” The guy with the pickup like said.

Shelly stepped forward and introduced us.

“Where are you headed?” Ayden asked.

“To the restaurant down there.” I replied.

“Well, we were heading up to the beach, maybe we will see you around?” he smiled down at me and I replied “Yea, sure.”

Anonymous

The Summer I Found Myself

on Jan. 20 2011 at 7:37 pm
PrincessSparkle GOLD, Flint, Michigan

Whoever said Nothings impossible clearly never tried to slam a rotating door.

If you Like this book so much please check out my book 'Under the Summer Sky'. I think you guys will enjoy it.

on Jan. 19 2011 at 7:18 pm
PrincessSparkle GOLD, Flint, Michigan

Yea, I caught that too. But I can't go back and edit it. I would, but I can't.

on Jan. 19 2011 at 12:26 pm
PrincessSparkle GOLD, Flint, Michigan

thank you so much. I hope the ending will have people satisfied.

MeIsMe18 said...
on Jan. 18 2011 at 5:18 pm
MeIsMe18, Roswell, New Mexico

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; But often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

OMg! this has been the best novel i've read so far, i hope you keep writing more. I can't wait to see what the ending will be.

on Jan. 13 2011 at 7:32 pm
PrincessSparkle GOLD, Flint, Michigan

I just wanted to let everyone know that I have now had 1073 people read my book. it makes me happy to know that people out there want to read this! Thank you everyone!

on Jan. 13 2011 at 7:28 pm
PrincessSparkle GOLD, Flint, Michigan

I am trying to finish it but My computer crashed and im at the point where I just want break it completely. But that wouldn't be good because I need to show you guys what i have done so far.

on Jan. 13 2011 at 7:27 pm
PrincessSparkle GOLD, Flint, Michigan

Thank you. Thank you so so much.

on Jan. 12 2011 at 12:32 am
.The.Skys.Rainbow., Glenbrook, Other

Live.Love.Let Go.

I really love this novel so far. I hope you'll finish it and make it much longer <3

on Jan. 9 2011 at 2:16 pm
aspiringauthor_ BRONZE, Fairfield, Connecticut

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that." - MLK Jr.

I love it, and to all the people who are saying it needs to be edited and revised further... Well, this website isn't about insulting people's work. It's about sharing your opinions with others. And that's exactly what she did.

on Jan. 5 2011 at 4:08 pm
PrincessSparkle GOLD, Flint, Michigan

Yea, It isnt finished but I am definantly working on it. I already have a couple more chapters to add but Im going back and editing them first. I will put them up as soon as possible.

hrf1434 GOLD said...
on Jan. 2 2011 at 5:25 pm
hrf1434 GOLD, Collierville, Tennessee

Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover

Love it! I expectingly love the ending but it seems unfinished

trblue GOLD said...
on Jan. 1 2011 at 6:00 pm
trblue GOLD, Richmond, Virginia

"Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. It only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother@#?!&* upside the head. "

if you took the use of drugs far enough it would have had a ellen hopkins feel, but it was wrapped up in love. he himself was suround by bad people and did not want that to happen to her. i liked and did not know their was a novel section of ink.

on Dec. 30 2010 at 2:17 pm
PrincessSparkle GOLD, Flint, Michigan

Thank you so much for the comment. And yes Ive read their books hundreds of times. Ill read your stuff as soon as I can.

on Dec. 30 2010 at 12:29 pm
sparkledreamer SILVER, Los Angeles, California

"There's a lot of things you need to get across this universe. Warp drive... wormhole refractors... You know the thing you need most of all? You need a hand to hold." - The Doctor

This is a really good novel.. you should add to it.. your writing reminds me of a mixture of sarah dessen and alyson noel... have u ever heard of them?

p.s. please read and comment on my writing

Akram_9 said...
on Dec. 27 2010 at 11:12 am
Akram_9, O.B, Other
Liked the book very much... keep it up

dancer4life said...
on Dec. 25 2010 at 12:24 pm

i think it just kind of ends

but other than that its not bad

The Writer said...
on Dec. 19 2010 at 9:10 pm
Where Im from we like to drink beer and chain smoke cigarettes. Where Im from we hang out at peoples houses and steal our parents wine. where Im from we hang around bonfires til early in the morning playing beer pong. Where Im from everyone knows everyone. Where Im from people smoke weed (I dont...personal choice), Where Im from we dip, chew, and spit. Where Im from, The boys who started a band play outside on neighbors porches at open houses while people are doing keg stands in the back. Not everyone can relate to our town. But everyone in my town where Im from we do things our way. This is the way I grew up. I grew up to my brother who isnt even the legal age to drink would crack a beer at 2 in the afternoon. We do things differently out here. We like to listen to music and play a pour hour. There isnt much to do around my town. So we drink. I will continue to add personal experiences to the books I write. Its not perfect but the people from my town like me just fine and my book. 

Lonleydandy said...
on Dec. 17 2010 at 9:20 pm

This is interesting.....I'm not sure I'm a fan of the abusive use of alcohol or drugs though...I mean, I get the message, but ...yeah....hahaha,

Grace_R SILVER said...
on Dec. 15 2010 at 8:56 pm
Grace_R SILVER, Lenexa, Kansas

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing's going to get better. It's not.
-Dr. Seuss

I guess I found the "Summary" a little misleading. You expect the plot to be about a girl and her new "friend" Ayden. However, that isn't it at all. Also, I guess I don't really get your portrayal of drinking and drugs- you make them seem like a good thing. I guess my advice would be to shape up your grammar and summary and also to show the world that alcohol and drugs really aren't good.

Little-Miss said...
on Dec. 13 2010 at 4:14 pm
I read the first chapter, and I think that this could be good. However, I'm not trying to be rude or mean, but it is more professional when you only enter your best, best work into magazines, or sites. Best as in when you've revised and edited it to a point where you are just so in love with it. The first chapter needs revision and editing (grammar and tense-switching) but you could make it better with some work. Good luck!

SciArc

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!