My Prince Charming With Fangs | Teen Ink

My Prince Charming With Fangs

By Angel04 SILVER, Houston, Texas
Angel04 SILVER, Houston, Texas

" Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear" ~ Meg Cabot
" I'd rather be pulling a Chevy, than driving a Ford" ~ Grandpa Orta

Author's note:

One of my favorite novels the Twilight Saga, inspired me to write a novel of my own.

" OK, kiddo. Your rooms right over here," my dad, Chief James Anderson, says, leading me upstairs. " Wow! It's beautiful! Thanks Jam, um, Dad." And the room was beautiful. The light, purple walls. The sturdy book-shelf, (I'm a bit of a book-worm) the black bedside table, the small, black rug near my bedside. I loved it! " Glad you like it, Camilla," my dad smiled proudly. " Well, I'll let you get settled. Let me know if you need anything," he said, rubbing his leather hands together. I nodded my head, and started unpacking my suitcase. ******** My name is Camilla Anderson. I'm 16 years old, I used to live in Phoenix, Arizona with my mom...But she's got a new boyfriend now. I felt like I didn't matter anymore, got into a fight with her, and came to Forks, Washington to live with my dad. I'm hoping that this can be a new beginning for me. You know? A fresh start. A new house, new school, new friends. Everything's gonna change!

" OK, Ms. Anderson, here's your locker number and code. And here's your schedule. Have a great first day," the school receptionist smiled, handing me a slip of paper with numbers written on it. I smiled kindly and thanked her. As I walked through the crowded hallway, I took quick peeks of my paper, looking for my locker. Then, as I took another quick peek of my paper, I bumped into someone. A boy. He was tall, broad, and extremely good-looking. He had coal-black eyes, and white-as-ghost skin. " I-I'm sorry," I stammered. He said nothing. He just looked me up and down, then walked away. When I turned around, I saw a girl no older than me, staring in awe. " What," I asked, puzzled. She approached me and said, " Nothing, it's just...I don't know...The way Hunter looked at you...Normally, he avoids eye contact with everyone here, as much as he can, but...Who knows, maybe he likes you." " Hunter," I said, testing out the name, commanding myself not to blush. " Yeah, he's...Different. In his own way, of course," she replied. " I'm Tiffany. Tiffany Jenkins," the girl said, shaking my hand. " Camilla Anderson," I smiled. " I'm guessing you're new here," she chuckled. " Yeah, I just moved here from Arizona. I'm living with my dad, Chief Anderson. You probably know him." She nodded her head and said, " Well, what's your locker number? I can help you find it." I handed her the paper and followed her through the hallway. " Here we are," she smiled, pointing at the dull, red locker. " Wow! I never would've found it," I admitted. We laughed, then Tiffany said, " You know, I think we'll be really good friends." " Me too," I smiled.

*Lunch Time*

As I took my lunch tray, and searched for Tiffany, I caught site of Hunter. He was seated at a table full of other teens who resembled him. They all had the same whiter than paper skin, some had coal black eyes, some had a reddish color. They even had those same flawless features. I couldn't find Tiffany anywhere, so I just gave up, and sat in an empty table across from Hunter's. I caught a glimpse of him and noticed that he was watching me. As I slowly ate my sandwich, I glanced at him every now and then. Only to find that he was smiling at me. As I took another bite of my sandwich, I noticed that Hunter was standing in front of me. " Hi," he smiled. " Um, hi," I answered nervously. He laughed and took a seat across from me. " Look, I just wanted to apologize about what happened in the hall, earlier," he said with a sincere look. " Oh, you don't have to. I was the one who wasn't paying attention to where I was going," I smiled. " I'm Hunter. Hunter Mason," he grinned. " Camilla Anderson," I replied. " I don't think I've seen you around here, before. New girl, huh?" " Yeah, I'm new. I moved here from Phoenix, Arizona. I'm living with my dad, Chief James Anderson," I explained. " I never knew Chief Anderson had a daughter," he chuckled. " Yeah, I don't visit much. My parents split up, the day I was born," I say solemnly. " Well, Camilla, I hope to talk to you again, real soon," he smiled, and as he was about to walk off, he took my bright, red apple. I laughed.

*The School Courtyard*

" Hey, Camilla! Over here, girl," I heard someone call from afar. Then, I caught a glimpse of Tiffany. She was hanging with a group of other kids. As I approached them, Tiffany introduced me to them. " Camilla, this is Jeff, Chris, Malissa, Bianca, and Cora." Jeff was tall, dark, and handsome. Chris was a bit taller than Jeff, he was quite muscular, and VERY sexy. Malissa was gorgeous, had long, dirty-blond hair, a trim figure, and flawless skin. Bianca had black, pixie styled hair, with hot-pink hair extensions, she had a fair figure, and a beautiful smile. As for Cora...She could've easily passed off as a model. She had a VERY trim figure, waist-length, straight, brown hair, and flawless, rosy skin. " Hi, I'm Camilla," I smiled at them. Chris wore a mischievous grin, as he looked me up and down. Chris and I locked eyes for a split second, before Bianca said, " Yeah, Tiff, here told us a bit about you. Shipped yourself off from Arizona, to live with your dad. Chief Anderson, right?" I nodded my head. Suddenly, a vehicle honked behind me. " Oh, that's my mom. Bianca, Melissa, Cora? Did you guys still want to catch a ride," Tiffany asked. They nodded and Cora said, " It was really coll meeting you, Camilla. I sure hope we all can be great friends." " Me too, Cora," I smiled. And then, they walked over to the car, leaving Jeff, Chris, and I alone. Then, Jeff's phone chimed, and he said, " Well, I gotta go. See you guys!" I smiled at Chris, and looked around at the other kids. Then, I caught site of Hunter, scolding at Chris. At that, I had to laugh. Jealous much, I thought. " So, you got someone picking you up, or..." Chris asked. " Actually, no. My dad's busy at the police station. He's got some new cases that he's gotta work on," I answered. " Well, you want a ride," he asked, smiling that devilish grin, again. " Sure. That'll be nice." Then, I followed Chris into the parking lot. My smile grew wider when I caught a glimpse of Hunter, still glaring at Chris. I gasped when I noticed the shiny, black motorcycle. " You like it," Chris whispered in my ear, while playing with my hair. " I love it! What are your parents? Lawyers," I laughed. " Not quite," he chuckled. I could feel his breath at my neck. I shivered. Too soon, he moved away, and handed me a helmet. As I jumped on, he said, " Hold on tight." I tightened my grip around his waist and rested my head on his broad shoulder.

" Right here," I said, pointing at the white, brick house. As he parked his motorcycle in the drive way, I hopped off and thanked him for the ride. " Um...You wanna come in? We can hang out for a bit, if you want," I asked, shyly. " Sure. Sounds like fun," he replied with that smile that drove me crazy. When we entered the house, I asked Chris right away, " Can I get you anything?" " Does your old man got any beer," he asked. I rushed to the kitchen, opened the fridge, and grabbed some beers. Chris looked surprised when I showed up with two beers. " You drink," he asked, lifting an eyebrow. " A girl can have fun can't she," I grinned, taking a seat, on the couch, next to him. Then, he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and accepted his beer, with a wink. As I took a swig of my beer, I felt Chris's lips at my neck. I felt my heart pound against my chest, and my stomach churn. His hands wrapped around my waist, and he pulled me on top of him. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and giggled as his lips traced my collar bone. He laughed, and tightened his grip on my waist.

" You made out with Chris," Tiffany exclaimed through the phone. " Shh, you're gonna make me deaf," I laughed. " Oh, my God! Cammie, I can't believe it! I'm so happy for you. Wait, did you guys...You know...," she giggled. I gasped, " Tiffany! I'm not answering that! You're obsessed!" " You did, didn't you," she giggled, again. " Listen, I gotta go, but I'll see you at school, tomorrow," I laughed. " Yes you will. Along with your new boyfriend, Chris," she teased. I laughed, " Good-bye, Tiffy." " Bye," she giggled. As I hung up, I sat on my bed, laughing at Tiffany's teasing.
* Later that Day * " Mmm, Camilla, this is delicious! What is this called, again," my dad laughed. " Menudo," I smiled. " This is really good," he said, taking in another spoonful of Menudo. " Yeah, Mom taught me all the traditional foods of Arizona," I said, taking a bite of my food. " Well, I need you to teach them to me," he teased, chuckling. I laughed and continued eating my dinner.

After dinner, I took the dishes to wash 'em up, and headed off to bed. " G'night, Dad," I called to him from upstairs. " Good-night, sweetheart," he called back.

Sorry, this chapter is shorter than I planned. Thx for reading!

As I walked through the hallway, I saw Hunter, watching me. Observing me. What's with him, I wondered. Then, I caught a glimpse of Tiffany and he...Our friends. " Hey, Cammie," Tiffany winked. I could tell that she was still psyched about what I told her, yesterday. I rolled my eyes with a smile and said, Hi, Tiffany. Hey, guys." Chris winked, as he approached me, and kissed me. " Um...Did we miss something," Bianca laughed. I laughed, " Just one little detail." Even as I walked away, I could still feel Hunter's eyes on me. This sent a chill up my spine. *Algebra* " OK, class. Yesterday, we talked about the transaction..." I completely tuned out Mr. Smith's lecture. I couldn't stop thinking about the way Hunter was looking at me. The way he watched me...The way he marked my every move...There was something so strange about him. And I'm gonna find out what.

Angel04 SILVER said...
Angel04 SILVER, Houston, Texas

Thx, Malcolm!

Malcolm_Chase PLATINUM, Madison, South Dakota

Not all those who wander are lost
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it
- Confucius

Believe you can and you're halfway there
- Theodore Roosevelt

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
- Albert Camus

It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.
- Aristotle

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!
- Audrey Hepburn

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.
- Helen Keller

This looks like a star romance hit! Nice job, Angel!

on Apr. 27 2018 at 9:33 am
WolfWhisperer0911 BRONZE, Austin, Texas
@Angel04 Oooooh okay?

Angel04 SILVER said...
on Apr. 27 2018 at 9:32 am
Angel04 SILVER, Houston, Texas

Too late, I already tripped. And we talked about...Um...Come to the forum and find out.

on Apr. 27 2018 at 9:30 am
WolfWhisperer0911 BRONZE, Austin, Texas
@Angel04 What did you and StAr talk about while I was gone?

on Apr. 27 2018 at 9:29 am
WolfWhisperer0911 BRONZE, Austin, Texas
@Angel04 I better be careful in there!

on Apr. 27 2018 at 9:29 am
WolfWhisperer0911 BRONZE, Austin, Texas
@Angel04 Uh oh!

Angel04 SILVER said...
on Apr. 27 2018 at 9:29 am
Angel04 SILVER, Houston, Texas

Star left tripwires all over the forum!

Angel04 SILVER said...
on Apr. 27 2018 at 9:26 am
Angel04 SILVER, Houston, Texas

Thanks, Wolf!

on Apr. 27 2018 at 9:25 am
WolfWhisperer0911 BRONZE, Austin, Texas
@Angel04 I'll have to say: This story is a much better romance story than Twilight.