Love in Paradise | Teen Ink

Love in Paradise

January 26, 2017
By AvaH121801 SILVER, Willard, Ohio
More by this author
AvaH121801 SILVER, Willard, Ohio
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Chin up princess or the crown slips."


Kayla looks at the ocean with a sigh and Bradly looks over at her with a slight grin.

Kayla looks up at him "You know, this is all your fault."

He grins "Why's that?"

She gets up brushing the sand off her clothing "You got us lost, because you had to get distracted."

He chuckles pulling her to him "Kayla Kayla, it's actually your fault."

She gasps and looks at him "And how is it MY fault?"

He whispers into her ear "You made me distracted darling."

Kayla thinks to herself, I distracted him? Does he like me? Ughh boys these days so confusing.

She rolls her eyes and wiggles out of his grip "We need a shelter, food, and,  water."

He chuckles loudly and points to the ocean. "There is water right there silly goose."

She holds back a slight smile and sighs "I meant water that won't kill us retard."

He shakes his head slightly "I am going to look for wood and stuff for a shelter, you look for food."

She nods as he walks off, she suddenly felt scared but she shook it off and walked around the forest.

There was so many colors here, this place was beautiful but full of noises. She found some berries and decided whether or not to pick them. She heard a loud cracking noise and jumped to see Bradly beside her smirking.

"I wouldn't eat those berries if I were you darling" He says

She grins "And why is that?"

He laughs "They are poisonous, boy scouts pays off."

She gulps "O-oh"

She felt herself grabbing onto him. Maybe to feel safe or maybe she just wanted to. All she knew was that he was staring at her with his dreamy eyes.

He pulls her along while walking "Let's go build this shelter, then eat some safe berries."

After the shelter was built and they ate, she sat back on the sand observing the bright blue sky. He sat down beside her with a slight smile going across his face. She felt herself blush, so she turned away so he couldn't see her.

She thought about her mom, she missed everyone but she felt safe with him for some reason. Is this good or bad?

"You know, you look very pretty in the sunlight." He looks up at the sky with a smile

She blushed deeply, what was happening to her? No way could she fall in love with...Bradly her best friends brother.

Hours later the sun started to set and he started a fire, I fell asleep so he carried me into the shelter and snuggled up close to me falling asleep with me in his arms.

I slowly opened my eyes and saw Bradly beside me and I smiled to myself. I slowly got out of his grip trying not to wake him up. He opened an eye and looked at me.

"Good morning sunshine." he said with a yawn.

I brushed my hair out of my face and sort of waved not saying a word to him. I got to say he looked pretty cute with bed head. What am I saying? I crawled out of the shelter on my knees and looked outside, the sun was super bright. I felt something touch my foot and I shrieked. Bradly came crawling out fast.

"Are you okay?" He stood up and wrapped his arms around me looking worried.

I nod slowly and just let him hold me as I look down at my feet. He follows my gaze and scoops up the bug off of my foot. I feel myself smile as I watch him. Who knew he could be so sweet!

He whispers in my ear "Are you hungry?"

I shake my head even though my stomach growls from my hunger. I didn't have much of an appetite today. Maybe I was nervous or distracted, whatever it was it left my heart racing in my chest. He picked up wood and set it in a pile and I just stared at him. He looked so hot with his muscles...he didn't have a shirt on and his abs were gorgeous. I looked down at my legs and my jeans were shredded at the bottom. I was sweating it was so freaking hot outside! I rolled up my shirt so it was a crop top and felt his eyes looking at me. All I saw when I looked back up was his smirk, which made me blush once again. I walked around and found my backpack and dug through it. Inside was a picture of me, Bradly, and Jackie when we were younger, it made me smile. How I miss the good old days. I dug deeper and found my sketchbook, then some granola bars. I unwrapped one and took a huge bite out of it. Mmmm was this way better than leaves and berries. I ran back with my backpack and threw some granola bars in the shelter to keep safe. I grabbed my sketchbook and started to draw the ocean, it was a nice day with  only a couple clouds in the sky. Being stranded wasn't all that bad, it was quite peaceful actually. Bradly sat beside me looking over my shoulder at my drawing.

"It is beautiful" He says laying his head on my shoulder.

His hair tickles my neck and I try and stop myself from laughing. He looks at me with his big brown eyes and I melt inside. I shake my head, I cannot fall in love with him! I just can't! It is not right to fall in love with my best friend's brother. Although he was a pretty sweet guy...NO KAYLA. Even though I say I cannot fall in love with him...I didn't bother to move his head...because I liked it there. A couple hours later me and him toss around a ball that we made from leaves. I played softball, so I guess this as close enough eh? It was really fun! I fell a couple times trying to catch the ball. He ran off with the ball and I jumped on his back. We both came tumbling down with me on top. I started laughing and he just looked at me. I stopped laughing as he leaned in. I started to lean in to...but I rolled off of him and laid next to him. I really wanted to kiss him, but again I can't...He turned to face me, he wouldn't take no for an answer. He pulled my face to his and simply kissed me.

I open my eyes, then it hits me...Bradly kissing me was only a dream. Ugh why did it cut out the kissing scene??? I wanted to kiss him now more than ever. OMG KAYLA! I look around for him and he is right beside me looking through my sketchbook. I try to talk but my speech is slurred. He looks over at me with a smile then his face goes worried.

"You took a tumble and passed out." he says softly and strokes my hair

I smile slightly "Being stranded with you isn't as bad as I thought."

He grins at me then looks around and I can't see his face.

-Bradly's point of view-

Her smile makes me blush. How come i've never noticed how cute Kayla is? She is beautiful and I can't help but look at her. I almost feel bad for- oh never mind...I look back over at her and glance at her lips...I slowly take her hand expecting her to pull her hand away, but she doesn't. A grin comes across my face. She must like me. Do I like her though? Nah I can't like that little squirt. Her laugh makes me melt, those funny snorts. She tilts her head sideways looking at me.

"How about we take a walk...Kay." I said squeezing her hand

She nods but then smirks at me "Only my friends call me Kay, but i'll make an exception."

I stand up and help her up, still holding her hand I start walking pulling her along. She trips over a rock and I chuckle and catch her looking into her big green eyes. I see her blush and I smile. We continue to walk and once in awhile I glance over at her. I hum the tune "every kiss begins with Kay" She hears me and rolls her eyes but with a smile. Now I know for sure that I like- no I love her..

-Kayla's point of view-

This walk was really romantic. I know we aren't a thing but still he was super sweet. I lace our fingers and he looks over at me and kisses my cheek. I blush again after like a million times. And to think I used to hate this retard...How could I of hated him in the first place? I had such an amazing day with him! It was beginning to become night and I jumped on his back to watch the sunset. He held me up high and I felt like a princess. It started to rain and he set me down and pulled me close to him. Our lips were inches apart and he leaned in and kisses me. I kiss back softly with a slight smile. He puts a hand on my cheek and one hand on the back of my head as he kisses me gently. I kiss with a little bit of a faster pace and he catches up with a smirk across his face. I ruffle his hair and kiss him with passion. He makes out with me and I felt his tongue touch my top lip for entrance and I let it inside my mouth. After awhile he pulls away but slowly. He lets go of me and starts walking back acting like none of this even happened. I'm so confused right now. Did he like it? Was there a connection? Was there not a connection? So many thoughts went through my head. I started to walk back looking up at the sky still quite confused from the kiss. I mean I thought it was pretty great. He was a really good kisser...maybe I was a bad kisser and that's why he just walked away..I just wanted to cry into my pillow at home at this point....but I couldn't.

"Good night princess." He says sleepily then as soon as he says it he passes out.

I lay beside him and snuggle up with an emergency blanket and lay awake. I couldn't sleep after the kiss...I just couldn't...I love him. The words "I love you" went back and forth through my head like a pendulum. I imagined the clock in my room going "tick tock" Maybe that was a sign that I'm running out of time..but the question is, what am I running out of time for? I close my eyes and eventually fall asleep.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 1 comment.


Angel04 SILVER said...
on Apr. 26 2018 at 10:20 am
Angel04 SILVER, Houston, Texas
7 articles 2 photos 39 comments

Favorite Quote:
" Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear" ~ Meg Cabot
" I'd rather be pulling a Chevy, than driving a Ford" ~ Grandpa Orta

LOVE THIS NOVEL! You should add more chapters to this!