The Book That Put Us Together | Teen Ink

The Book That Put Us Together

November 20, 2016
By GalaxyStar, Greenwich, Connecticut
More by this author
GalaxyStar, Greenwich, Connecticut
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"There's nothing wrong with you. There's a lot wrong with the world you live in." -Chris Colfer


The author's comments:

A story my friend and I worked on for school. I asked her if I can write more about the story and post it to Teen Ink. She said yes do this is what we worked on and I'm writing another chapter.

My name is Nikki Mya Savannah, I was born and raised in Greenwich, Ct. I like being called by Mya and I loved the book My Little Tree. It’s about a boy who plants a tree when he’s 2 and you read about him grow older and so does the tree. The book always made me cry and at the end when he says “I can’t leave the tree’s my home, family, and heart.” HIs wife’s eyes water, “Nelson I love you so we’ll live her.” My eyes started to water just thinking about the scenes. I’m shy, a rebel girl, and a reader. The bell rang. Ms. Kenza stopped me after class. “Hey can you tutor Dustin after school” He should be at the library. I told him I would be there but I can’t make it.” Ms. Kenza said. I nodded and walked to class. After the last bell rang for school I went straight to the library. I saw Dustin sitting there waiting for Ms. Kenza. I sat down next to him. “Ms. Kenza told me to tutor you because she had meeting.” I said talking out my things for English. “I was going to do the project on My Little Tree.” Dustin said. “That’s a great book, I did my project on that too.” I said. We sat there writing a brief history about how the author made the book. On our way out  we dropped it off to Ms. Kenza’s room. “Meet me at the park tomorrow because I don’t wanna go to the library.” Dustin said. “Here if you need to contact me about any other tutoring.” I said handing him my phone number on a piece of paper. We went our separate ways. When I got home I threw everything on the ground. My room was spray painted with many different colors. I grabbed a spray can and threw on some dark clothes. I jumped out my window and climbed down the tree. I went to the school and painted Mr. Dicklatto and walked home. I ate dinner around 10pm and fell asleep around 11pm. I woke up the next day ready to see people’s faces. I got to really early and took out a book to read. The first bus got here and the teens laughed as they walked walked into school. “Dustin Adeen to the office.” Mr. Latto said over the speaker. After class I stopped by Dustin’s locker. “Was it you?” I whispered. “It wasn’t me, I promise I was at home watching my siblings.” He said. I laughed inside my head. I started giggling. “It’s not funny, Mya!” Dustin shouted. “Oh s*** I need a lie.” I thought. “It’s just that your cute when your mad.” I said giggling. “Can we go to you house instead of the park?” Dustin asked. “I can’t my mother has her book club.” I said. “Okay, just meet me at my locker at the end of the day.” Dustin said and we went our separate ways. Before lunch I walked up to Jess. “Uh you?” Jess asked. “Yes it’s me, I just can’t believe you what you did to Dustin. Sick much?” I said and walked away. “I did nothing, Whore!” Jess messaged me. “I thought you were going to delete my phone number after I ran from the thing.” I messaged back. “Whatever.” Jess messaged. At lunch I sat next to Dustin. “Nobody wants to be seen with me.” Dustin said. “Only if you knew me you’d hate me.” I thought and walked outside. I saw the janitors cleaning it off. I walked to the office as people ran to class. “I need to speak with Mr. Latto.” I said. “Name please?” The lady asked. “Nikki Mya Savannah.” I said. “He should be back from lunch in a few minutes. Take a seat and wait.” She said and went back to school. Mr. Latto walked in the office. “Mr. Latto I need to talk to you in your office.” I said and walked to his office. He shut the door. “It’s about the bully of your name.” I said. “And this is about?” Mr. latto asked. “It was me, I did because of the English paper.” I said. “This is crap, get back to class!” Mr. Latto yelled. I ran out of the office crying. No one is going to think it was me for my wrongdoings. I walked home and grabbed a spray can. “Out!” I yelled and the janitors ran. “It was the “shy” girl.” I wrote. Mr. Latto came out. “I’m sorry I had to take matters in my own hand because you didn’t believe me!” I yelled. Dustin stood there with hurt in is eyes. “Dustin!” I yelled as he ran. I dropped the spray can and ran after him. Dustin was in the boys bathroom crying. I walked in. “Dustin… I was going to-” “I don’t need to hear your crap.” Dustin shouted. “Dustin, I … I been trying to… I tried.” I said. “What to get me in trouble?!” Dustin yelled. I fell to the floor crying, it reminded me of my parents yelling all night until my mother took the frying pan to my father. “I can’t believe you!” Dustin shouted and left me there with the bad memories going threw my head. After sometime I got up and walked out. They all stared at me and started whispering. All I heard was “I can’t believe she did it.” “She did because she wants Dustin.” “What a sick child.” My eyes started watering, I blinked hard. “Out of my way.” I yelled. They ran to class. Dustin stood there. “Mr. Latto told me everything.” Dustin said. “Never yell at me again.” I said. “We’’ll let’s head to the park. When we got to the park everyone was running away. I heard a woman scream. We dropped our bags and saw a baby sitting in a stroller. I saw a woman with her leg cut off. I dialed 911. “The lines are busy please call in a couple of minutes.” A man said. I saw a little girl running from the scene. I saw a cop car and ambulance. “I just saw this so I called, is she okay?” I asked. They got the woman and little boy in the ambulance. We rode in the ambulance too. The woman woke up. “Watch me son, he’s a good boy.” She said. I nodded as the monitor beeps showing she died. “Dead 8:14.” The doctor said. “Can I see the boy?” I asked. The doctor showed us to a room. “His name is Bryan and 2 years old.” The doctor said. “Can I adopt him?” I asked softly. “You can. It’s just that your under 18 so you need another person to sign off too.” The doctor said. “Dustin please.” I said. He shook his head. “Do you know what it feels like to be full of crap because you saw you parent died right in front of you. That happened to my father and I haven’t seen my mother since. I live with my uncaring uncle.” I said. Dustin signed the papers. “Mammy!” The little boy said. I giggled. “I’m going to love Bryan.” I thought. The doctor gave me a list of things I needed. I used some of my college money. When me got home we set up a little place for him in my room. Bryan giggled. “My little baby.” I said kissing his cheek. Dustin and I fell asleep after that. My alarm went off. “Can you miss school I have to take my sister and brother to a movie.” Dustin said. “Well I have to watch Bryan anyway.” I said as Bryan got up and took a step. He fell and cried. “It’s okay baby.” I said. “Bryan is just a bundle of joy.” I thought and got ready for a crazy day.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.