Final Masquerade | Teen Ink

Final Masquerade

February 25, 2015
By bluedaisy101234 BRONZE, Radnor, Ohio
More by this author
bluedaisy101234 BRONZE, Radnor, Ohio
1 article 15 photos 21 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Dream big anyone can do it only if they put thier mind and heart in it anything is possible."
"Don't be content with somebody else's deffanetion of you, but be content with your own definition of yourself."


Author's note:

I got the idea off of Linkin Park's song Final Masquerade. I was inspired by it in a captivating way you could say. By the way the music vedio is amazing you should watch it. It is a work of Art. thanks:3

The author's comments:

parden my spelling I cant copy and paist on word anymore so I am sorry

Sixteen is the age most girls are exited to turn out of all the ages. Why? Well it is because it is the massquerade ball. Every year a masqerade ball is held for all classes, even the poor class. Most of the balls are held for nobel familes, rich familes and roal familes. But this one is special on so many levels. This ball is when men chose thier wives. Thier is a catch though, the men are masked and wemen are not. You could say it is a race to love in a way. In all reality it realy is to conceal the prince who chooses his welthy wife as his own. If you wish to marry the man you danced  with you will have to look all over for him, untill you find him unmasked. From what I have heard the prince is given a list of madins and what they look like and he chooses ahead of time. In a way if a man askes you to dance with him, he is asking you to merry you. That is how it is in our kingdom. Men up to the age of 26 can go wemen can go up till 25. As I walk down the soft ground with my old dress that is tattered at the ends. My Short brown hair flows agenst my neck. When I pass a nobel family they scoff at my pressents. I look at my head down and try to ignor them.

"Hey Fae, are you going to the ball? I don't think you are going because you are too poor to buy a pretty dress. Then again you can go look in the trash and find one. After all that is all you and your family is dirt and trash."

The groupe of girls laugh at me as I look down at my feet.

"You know that is not verry nice to say about people regardless of thier class," a man's voice had filled my ear. I smile knowing who it was.

"You know Phill you really should not accociate with people like her. Mom and dad will be angry if they find out you hang around trash like that."

Phill is Elizabeth's older brother. He is 19 yearsold and he has not danced with a single girl in the ball. It is said that he likes a girl who is younger than he is. So he is waiting this year to dance with her. Phill is a good looking man. His hair blond like gold and his eyes a honey brown, and his skin so smooth and tented. He is every girl's dream man.

"Who cares what mom and dad want and don't want I am an adult. I can do what I want."

Angered by what he said Elizabeth turned on her heals and troted away. He looked down at me and smiled at me and said,

"Sorry about Elizabeth she is the spoiled one."

 I laugh and said,"It is fine I don't hold grudges agenst people. If I do then bad things will happen to me. I don't want that to happen."

He laughed and said, "We don't want that."

"PHILL! GET AWAY FROM THAT PICE OF TRASH!" 

He rolled his eyes and said, "I have to go Fae. See you tonight."

"How can I see you if I can't see your face?"

 He paused for a second then said, "Good point."

"PHILL NOW!" Phill sighed and left.

 I chuckled and thought of how he really does not like his family. I got the apples mom wanted me to buy and headed home.  Even if we as the public dont want to we have to go. I walked in our dusty home. If you can call it home. It was pretty much a worn down shack. Our family is probably the poorest in the Kingdom. My father was a big gambler and got us all into debut with the king. So in a way we are on the king's wish to kill list.

When I walked in my mother came running to me. "Where have you been?"

I looked at her confused at what she was saying to me.

"Emily told me you wanted me to go get apples."

Mothers pretty face cringed in anger, "EMILY!! You know if Fae does not go to the ball she could get in trouble. I told you to do it not Fae."

Emily is the fourth oldest she is 20 and has not yet got a man to dance with her. She just rolled her eyes and left to get ready.

"Fae dear go get showered and get ready I have your dress all layed out."

I walked up our what you would call steps and in my room. There was the most elaborate dress I had ever seen. Our mother makes our dresses for us. This was by far the most prettiest dress I had ever seen. It was an elaborate red color, which had a tail and it had nicely woven jewls on it. The faric was soft to the touch like red silk. I took a shower and thought of who Phill would like that is younger than him. I have never seen him hang out with any girls other than myself but, it couldnt be me we are like brother and sister. I got out and dryed my self off and got dressed. I looked at myself in the cracked merrir. It really did suit me. It made my blue eyes pop and my somewhat pale skin some color. the skirt came to my knees and then drifted in the back of me. I then put on the black high tops which wernt too high. I walked down the stares and was greeted my mother.

"You are so beutifule now lets get make up on you dear."

Mother sat me down and had me cloes my eyes and as I did I could feel her put the make up on me. I knew her hands were working deligently and swiftly. Then I felt nothing, I opened my eyes and saw my mother smiling at me.

"What?"

she moved and I saw what was to be me but not me. I could not reconize myself. By the time mother got done with the rest of the girls it was time to go. Mother saw us off as we all got in the carage to go to the casel for the ball.

"Don't embaress us at all Fae ok."

I nodded and looked out the wendow. I even seem to be not liked by my older sisters don't seem to like me verry much eather. When we got there men helped us out of the carrage. I seemed to have gotten seprated by my sisters in all the comotion. So confused by the commotion I triped and fell into somebody.

"I am so sorry I didn't mean to. I was looking for.." I was cut off by his finger at my lips.

"It is alright young lady." He left without anther word.

Who was that? I wondered what class he is? Not that it mattered. I entered the elaborate building. It was all white and blue. Light blue if I may add.

"Right this way ma'am." The man led me to another man who asked,

"Name."

 He looked at me and I said, "Fae Everneath."

 He scroled threw the thousands of names. He stopped and said, "Go in." The red velvate curtan was lifted and there stood thousands and thousands of men and wemen, already danceing.

My mind you could say was exicted but my body was trying to shy away from the large croud. I could see the bodys of people danceing. I went in to a darkend corner so nobody would knotice me.

"AE, FAE!" I looked around and saw Britney coming along side with a masked man. Wow she already got one.

"What is up?" I asked.

"Nothing but, why are you in the corner alone you need to find a man to dance with. And by the way you look hot."

I blushed and looked down and said you really think so?"

 "Hell yeah."

Then somebody taped my sholder and I turned around and saw it was the man from the front of the casel. He had on a striped sute that was white and black. His mask was elaboratly decorated with gold riming main part was black. I looked down moving closer to Britney.

"Hi there. Shy are we." The man said laughing.

"...A little."

He laughed again and said, "You'r honst, I like that." Anyone could tell he was hot even with his mask on.

He bowed and said, "Would  you care for a dance my lady."

I didn't answer but, I guess Britney did for me. She pushed me and said, "She would love to."

He caught me. "Well then shall we?" He took my hand and led me to the dance floor.

He took me by the waist and began to sway with me.

I had to ask, "Do I know you?"

He looked at me thoughfully and said, "Yes and no."

"Do you know me or of me?"

"No"

"Then why me?"

He looked at me with his glassy green eyes and said, "Something drew me to you."

I blushed and looked down and asked, "It does not matter to me but, are you from a rich and nobel family?"

"Yes a verry well known one to."

"And what about you?"

I looked up and said, "I am poor my other made this dress for me."

He smiled and said, "Poor or not you look lovely like a doe on a nice morning."

I looked at him and thought is that to be a complment?

He laughed and said, "I am not verry good with this stuff."

"Don't you like a girl that you know?" "Well to be honst I am 21 and my parents wanted me to ask another woman to dance with but, I changed my mind when you first ran into me. You seemed to shine like a gem. I am going to be in some deep s*** after this."

He laughed and I was stuned. He is 21 years old?

"How old are you?"

I looked at him and said, "16 years old."

"You are a bit blunt for a girl you know."

"Yeah well I am blunt with alot of people."

"It is cute."

with that the song was over, then with out a moments knotice, he kissed me on the lips. It was a sweet gentel kiss of hope. He smiled and left. I was standing there as he made his way out of the heaping crowd of bodies. That is all it took, one dance, one moment to wonder who this strange imposter was. Imposter or not I wanted to know more about him. I had fallen in love with a masked man in whom I have never met before.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 2 comments.


on May. 21 2015 at 7:19 pm
bluedaisy101234 BRONZE, Radnor, Ohio
1 article 15 photos 21 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Dream big anyone can do it only if they put thier mind and heart in it anything is possible."
"Don't be content with somebody else's deffanetion of you, but be content with your own definition of yourself."

Will do @HudaZavery

HudaZav SILVER said...
on May. 21 2015 at 5:36 pm
HudaZav SILVER, Toronto, Other
8 articles 6 photos 390 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Nothing is impossible; the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" -Audrey Hepburn

I am loving this book so far! The plot, your writing style, the vivid characters.. keep it up! :) PS Could you possibly check out my book "The Art of Letting Go"? I'd appreciate it!