Love fallen or together | Teen Ink

Love fallen or together

May 19, 2014
By bunnyfreak11, Elgin, Illinois
More by this author
bunnyfreak11, Elgin, Illinois
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

"Kids, get up get dressed! Dad and I are leaving soon,” said Lizzie mom.
"Mom, have you seen my yellow blouse with the lace at the bottom?" Lizzie called. Lizzie waited for two minutes and still there no answer from Lizzie’s mom. "Mom," Lizzie shouted.
"What," yelled my mom?

“Have you seen my blouse with the lace at the bottom," yelled Lizzie from her room.
"No, did you check your closet?" asked Lizzie’s mom.
"Yes, I did check my closet," yelled Lizzie.

"I don't know where then honey! Check with your siblings," Lizzie’s mom yelled back.

"Ok!” Lizzie walked down the Attic stairs and ahead for her first target..... , Harper Bryn Hope. She is Lizzie’s youngest sisters but the first to take my things. Lizzie's sisters are also very sneaky. Lizzie walked into her room and asked "Do you have my yellow blouse with the lace at the bottom?"

"No, you can check my room if you too to make sure I'm not lying?" said Harper.

"Ok," Lizzie said. Lizzie checked under her bed, in her closet, in her hamper, and lastly drawers in her room. Lizzie’s blouse weren’t in her room. Lizzie thought it must be my other sister Jacklyn Bree Hope. Lizzie walked into her room, but she wasn't there. Lizzie walked down stairs. She found her sister, Jacklyn, in the kitchen eating breakfast with Lizzie’s mom. Lizzie asked her "Do you have my yellow blouse?" Lizzie asked.

"The one with lace at the bottom of it? I don’t think I took it," said Jacklyn.

“How did you know what it looked like if you haven't seen it?" Lizzie asked her sister.

"Uhggggg! Yes, I took it," said Jacklyn.

“Go and get it," Lizzie responded.

“Oh, ok. I was going to wear it tomorrow, but I guess not." Jacklyn walked up stairs and found her blouse that she took and gave it to Lizzie. Lizzie took it and said "thanks" and walked up two flights of stairs to go change. Her room is in the attic to make her sister not share a room. She got changed into the top and tan-ish pair of shorts. Lizzie walked down the two flights of stairs to go the kitchen to eat breakfast. "Lizzie?" Lizzie hears in a whisper from behind her. Lizzie turns to the soft whisper and sees her youngest of the siblings.

Lizzie said "yes Harper?"

Harper answered “Can you make me Breakfast, please?"

"Harper, mom made breakfast,” Lizzie said.

"I know but I want pancakes, not waffles," responded Harper.

"Well, I'm not making you pancakes because mom made you food," Lizzie said.

"Mom!" yelled Harper.

"What Harper? I'm busy getting packed." asked mother.

"Lizzie won't make me pancakes!" Harper yelled to her mother.

Mother yelled " Harper, just eat the waffles and tomorrow Grandma Golda or Grandpa Marvin will make pancakes."

"But I want pancakes today!” yelled Harper.
Mother answer Harper " Harper, No pancakes today, they are for tomorrow. Got it?”

"Yes, mom, I got it," Harper said when the door bell went off.

Ding Dong Ding Dong! The doorbell goes off and Jacklyn rushes towards the front door. Jacklyn opens the door and hugs Grandpa Marvin and Grandma Golda.

"Hi grandpa and grandma. Come in!" says Jacklyn.

"Oh, why thank you dear." spoke Grandma. Grandpa brought in 6 suitcases, 3 duffels bags, and lastly 2 huge make up bags. Grandpa was so tired after about 5 trips in and out.

"Grandpa and Grandma you know you are only staying for one week or maybe two more days?" Lizzie questioned them.

Grandpa answered Lizzie saying "Didn't your mom tell you when you moved to the attic?"

"No, she didn't. What's the reason Grandpa?"

"I do believe your mother will tell you when she wants to. Sorry Lizzie, I wish I could tell you."

"Oh, alright Grandpa." Lizzie walked upstairs to her mom and dad's room and saw my mother standing in front of a mirror rehearsing something. Lizzie walked into the room and her mom didn't hear Lizzie come in. Lizzie heard her mom say something... No, no that won't work, how about plain and simple, come clean? Yes that's it; I'll do plain and simple, come clean. "Come clean of what?" Lizzie asked. Her mom jumped back and saw her there. Lizzie’s mom motions her to sit down.

"Oh, I should have told you, but I didn't. I'm sorry that it was hard for you to give up your room for your one of your sisters. I'm sorry for Lying to you. The truth is that you gave up your room for one of your sisters, but I wouldn't let you have the room next to your old room was because Grandpa and Grandma are staying with us. They are living here while your father goes on a work trip for a long time. I need help with raising you and your brother and sisters." Mom replied.

"Its fine, I just wanted to know why they had so many suitcases and other things. If you need help you could have asked me for help."

“No, and it’s final no discussion,” said Lizzie’s mom.


Oh, ok,” Lizzie said. She got up and walked to her room. Lizzie put on blue and green tide-tie boots and put on her black coat with white, teal, and purple buttons. Lizzie zipped up her jacket and went down the two flights of stairs and got a bottle of sprite. She went outside and sat on the deck. It was cold outside. Lizzie watched Derrick, her secret crush, play hockey. Derrick plays hockey for her school she goes to. He is hot, in Lizzie’s mind and everyone else in the whole school, and the captain of the hockey team. Her Mom comes out and says" There you are sweetie. Why are you sitting it here alone? Are you upset, sweetie?"

“No, I’m fine mom. Trust me,” Lizzie spoke.

“Ok, but come inside it’s cold out and we are leaving soon,” Lizzie’s mom said.

"Got it, mom," Mom opens the door and Lizzie goes though. She shuts the door and calls everyone to the living room. Lizzie heard loud noises from upstairs from my two sisters Jacklyn and Harper. Jacklyn and Harper rush down the stairs and run into the living room. Tate comes down stairs quite like he always is. Harper decides to sit on Lizzie’s lap and Jacklyn sits next to Lizzie. Tate sits in the chair and is quite waiting for Lizzie’s mom to talk. Grandpa and Grandma come down the stairs and come in the living room. They sit on the couch across from us. "Where's daddy mom?" asked Harper.

"He is getting dressed. Give him two minutes Harper." Harper shakes her head yes. Lizzie’s Dad comes down stairs and walks into the living room and he has one suitcase in both of his hands. Dad asks mom…..

“Honey ready to go? We will miss our flight."

Mom says "hang on Honey I have to tell them something".

"Ok" replies dad.

Mom says to us complicated things "Harper, you listen to Grandma, Grandpa, and Lizzie. Jacklyn, you have your dance rehearsal Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Tate, you have band practice after school every day this week. Lizzie, you have Gymnastics meet on Saturday and practice every day after school. Grandparents, you guys become parents and times for the events are Jacklyn's rehearsal is four o’clock to five. Tate's band practice is from three o’clock to four forty-five. Lizzie's meet time is at five o’clock and practices are three fifth-teen to six o’clock. Also kids will show Grandma and Grandpa where everything is at."

"Ok" said everyone together.

“Honey, we can go now. Grandparents can you come out and helps us load the van.

"Ok," said grandma and grandpa. The ban hot packed and it was time to go on Vacation.

"Wait Mom and Dad!” called out Lizzie’s mom.

"Yes, what is it?" questioned Grandma.

"Can you guys make pancakes tomorrow? Harper begged for pancakes, but I made waffles. So can you make pancakes tomorrow? Lizzie can help you."

“Of course that's fine with us." said Grandpa.

Grandparents came in and got us outside to say good bye. We said good bye and waved to them as they left the street and we couldn't see them anymore.

The morning passed quickly and the afternoon came by a breeze too. Time finally came to dinner. Grandma called out to Lizzie and her siblings "What do you want for dinner kids?" All of us went into the kitchen and pitched our ideas, which were....

Jacklyn wanted pizza, Tate spoke quite and said sandwiches, Harper wanted popcorn with chips, and I wanted salad and noodles. Grandma and Grandpa didn't know whose idea to do so they had all the kids come in here at the same time. Once we were in the kitchen together we voted for what we would eat for dinner. Grandma had a good idea. She asked if it was ok to do one dish that we suggested on different days. We decided to make a four day dinner schedule. The schedule was today was pizza, Monday is sandwiches, Tuesday is Popcorn with Chips, and Wednesday is salad with noodles. Lizzie augured with them to make her salads for today and Tuesday because Lizzie is eating healthy for Gymnastics. They finally agreed to make salad. Lizzie watched TV for an hour then walked up to her room. Lizzie was about to grab her coat and go watch Derrick play hockey, but it was dinner time. Lizzie walked down the two flights of stairs and into the kitchen. Lizzie saw pizza and a bowl of salad sitting there sliced up.

Grandma says" Sit down Harper, Lizzie, Jacklyn and Tate". We all sat down and ask if we could start to eat. Grandma said "yes, you can start eating. Grandpa came out of the powder bathroom and warned us not to go in there for a couple of hours. We listen because he stunk that room up. Lizzie finished first and asked to be excused. Grandpa said "yes you can. Are you going outside?"

"Yes, if that's alright with you guys?"


"It is," said Grandpa.

"Ok. Thanks,” said Lizzie. Lizzie walked upstairs and grabbed her black coat with the white, teal, and purple buttons. Then Lizzie walked down two stairs cases and found her blue and green tide-tie boots. Lizzie sat at the bench that she always sits on. It's brown and has wood beams to sit on and to lean back on. The railing is white and poles to make it stand up on were white too. Then something strange happened. Derrick hit the hockey puck into my lawn. He ran over and came up to Lizzie and said

"Sorry for hitting the puck over here."

"Oh, it's fine," said Lizzie.

"Ok,” said Derrick. “I got to go, bye". He left and returned to his hockey game. Lizzie got up and went back inside the house. Lizzie saw Grandpa and Grandma sitting at a table.

Lizzie asked grandpa and grandma a question can I take a walk around the neighbor hood.

Grandma sounded mad when she said no. Lizzie was about to question her, but then she said
No, because you need to work on gymnastics.

"But I need the uneven bars, a balance beam, and a vault with a foam pit" I said.

"What about floor?" Grandma asked me questionably.

Lizzie said "I have that down." She just pointed to upstairs. Lizzie got so angry at her. I stormed up the two flights of stairs and sat down on my bed. A minute later I her grandma say "Lizzie I don't hear you practicing." Just then Lizzie thought of a brilliant plan.

"I have to work outside to do my cartwheels and flips,” said Lizzie.

Grandma replied happier this time "Ok, you can go walk around outside, just be back before dark."

"It's dark now!" Lizzie said angrily

"Oh well then by......" Lizzie’s grandma started, but Lizzie interrupted her.

Lizzie said sounding mad "I don’t need to go out there anymore! So, leave me alone.”

"You’re grounded!" said grandma.

"I hate you!" shouted Lizzie angrily. Lizzie heard a voice from outside the window. Lizzie looked out and a figure with a glowing neon green shoes.

“Lizzie is it?” the voice asked from outside.

“Who are you?” Lizzie asked.

"Derrick, from school and neighbor and we also talked today.”

"Oh, hey! Yeah, my name is Lizzie. Sorry, I can't see well from the third story."

"It's fine. I was wondering do you have the notes from Friday." asked Derrick.

"Ummmm, I do t think so. I think I threw those away; sorry." said Lizzie.

"Oh that's fine. Do you have today’s notes?" asked Derrick.

"Yeah" said Lizzie. "Do you need the notes?"

"Yeah." said Derrick. Do you mine coming down here to give them?"

"I wish I could but I'm grounded."

"Oh, that stinks."

Yeah it does."

"How am I supposed to get the notes?"

"I can maybe sneak outside by jumping and you catch me or I drop the notes. That's the only thing I think of during this minute."

"Ok, umm which one do you want to do?"

"Umm, the notes might fly away if I drop them. So maybe jumping; I guess."

“Ok, then. Get ready!” said Lizzie.

Derrick gets ready for the jump. Lizzie opens the window as far up it can go. She takes a step on the window; crouching now. She takes a leap and plunges toward derricks arms. Derrick catches her and drops her to her feet.

"Umm would this be a bad time to tell you to some things now?" ask Lizzie.

"What is it Lizzie?"

"There is a lattice on the side of the house leading up to my room. The other thing is that I forgot the notes," said Lizzie.

"Really, but I still had fun catching you,” said Derrick.

"I guess,” Lizzie said while blushing. The stars were gleaming over them when all of a sudden Derrick leans in to kiss. Lizzie doesn't know what to do. Kiss or leave and get into trouble more, Lizzie thought. Lizzie didn't have time to decide before Derrick’s soft dry lips touch her lips. When they were kissing there was a noise from Lizzie's room. They looked up and saw a shadow of a woman. Grandma! Derrick took Lizzie's hand and pulled her away. They ran into the woods behind Lizzie's house. They disappeared out of Lizzie's grandma's sight. Derrick found his favorite place to relax.

Lizzie asked Derrick "Where did you find this place? I have been in these woods for a long time and never saw this place."

"I don't really remember when I found this place. It's cool right."

"Yeah it is. It's beautiful," Lizzie jumps up on a branch and lays down on it. The branches were curving every way. The branches didn't even look like branches. They were covered in moss on the bottom half of the branches.
Derrick said "Do you hear that.” They hear branches cracking. A shadow is coming closer to them. Derrick gets up and walked over to Lizzie.

"We should go now." whispered Derrick.

"Ok," Replies Lizzie. Derrick helps Lizzie down the branch. They start to make their way to the other side of the branch that Lizzie was sitting on when a hand reach out grasping one of Derrick's shoulder. Derrick reaches out for Lizzie's hand, but missed and grabbed her shoulder. Derrick's force of his hand pushed Lizzie down to the ground. Lizzie let out a light faint scream when she fell to the ground. Lizzie got up and started to think that Derrick was gone. She got off and brushed herself off. She brushed off her yellow lace tank top and her tan-ish shorts. Lizzie started to pluck out all of the woodchips and leaves out of her hair when she heard a soft whisper. Lizzie ten around and saw the figure. It was...

"Grandma!" Lizzie said. Lizzie's grandma didn't finish her sentence to Derrick, she turn to Lizzie and said.....

"Lizzie why are you out here this late at night? I thought I said you were grounded."

"I was taking a stroll around the woods. Derrick showed up and offers to guide......

Grandma interpreted her saying "don't lie to me, Lizzie. I know you went out with him on a date."

"It's not a date, grandma!" Lizzie shouted. Derrick looked at her with a face.

"Lizzie goes back to the house and you..." Grandma pointed at Derrick. "Go to your house and never come over here again. Understand!"

Derrick replied "yes I do."

"You can't tell him what to do grandma. You’re not his mom or mine," Lizzie spoke.

"Lizzie, go home now!" order grandma.
"Fine!" Lizzie said. Lizzie stormed off and Derrick ran away in the opposite direction of Lizzie. Grandma walked after Lizzie.
"Lizzie, wait up," called grandma. Lizzie stopped and turns around and spoke....

"What could you possibly want after being unfair?” Grandma finally caught up to Lizzie.

"I did want I thought our mother would have done. You are getting older and into boys I was trying to protect you from him."

"We have been neighbors my whole life and he never done anything to hurt me. Why would you think that?" Lizzie asked.

“I don't know I saw that you were gone and I saw the window open. I looked out and saw two. One was you and I knew that the other figure was a boy. I'm sorry can you forgive me Lizzie?" questioned grandma.

"I forgive you." Lizzie said. Lizzie and her grandma walked home. When they or home Lizzie went to the kitchen and got a snack.

"You should go to bed Lizzie. You have school and gymnastics." Grandpa spoke.

"Ok grandpa." Lizzie left the snack on the counter and went the two flights of stairs. When she got to her room she hit the door and took off her shoes and socks. She got change into her soft silk pjs. Lizzie went into her bed and clapped her hands. The lights turn off with the sound of clapping.



Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! Lizzie rolled over in her bed and clapped her hands. The lights turn on. Lizzie hit snooze on her alarm clock and clapped her hands. The flickered off again. The door handle rattled with someone touching it on the other side. The door open quietly and clasped their hands loud as could be. Lizzie woke up and rolled over to the door way to Jacklyn and Harper there.

"What do you want guys? It's only... 7:30!"

"Grandma said to wake up at. 7:15." Said Jacklyn.

"I know that!" Lizzie yelled. "Get out!" Jacklyn and Harper turn away and shut the door. Lizzie grabbed some fresh clothes and headed for the shower. She got into the shower and finished five minutes later. Lizzie brushed her wet light brown hair. Her hair was smooth but it wet. She blow-dried her hair in three minutes. Lizzie put her make up on witch her black eyeliner, mascara, and light blue eye shadow. She checked the mirror. She wore an orange tank top, white shorts, and her hair up in a pony tail. She walked back into her room and grabbed her backpack and gymnastic bag. She rushed down stairs and she saw pancakes sitting on the table.

Lizzie said to grandma "I think I'll have breakfast at school today. Lizzie's school was like any other school. Her school had breakfast in the morning, lunch (of course) a free period and assemblies every day. Lizzie was about to walk out the door when grandma stopped her.

She spoke saying "Do you need money?"

"Yeah I do but I have a tab at school." said Lizzie.

"How much money is on your tab?" asked Grandma?

"About ten dollars, I think." told Lizzie. Grandma handed Lizzie ten dollars and told her to forget yesterday. Lizzie nodded and walked out of the house. The bus arrived just as she walked out of her house. Lizzie walked over to her bus. She found Derrick walking on to the bus and he sat down first. He sat in the second row. When Lizzie walked into the bus derrick grabbed her arm and pulled her into his seat. The bus lunges forward and stopped at everyone stops along the way. On the bus Derrick talked to Lizzie.

Derrick said "I think we need to talk."

Lizzie said "What's there to talks about. My grandma told you to stay away and I was grounded."

"No not that part; the part where you said that he not my boyfriend." Derrick said. Lizzie tensed up.
"What about it?" asked Lizzie?

"Well I thought since we kissed that you wanted to go out with me. I was thinking do you want to?"



Before Lizzie could answer they were at school. Lizzie used this opportunity to get out of there.
"We are at school got to go. See you around." Lizzie got up and left Derrick sitting there. The jocks came up to Derrick when he got off the bus and asked him questions. Did you kiss her? Are you dating her?
Derrick didn't answer any; he stormed off before any more questions were asked. Lizzie walked in to the cafe. She saw her best friend; CeCe Brown. CeCe waved to Lizzie. Lizzie walked over to her. CeCe asked Lizzie if she knew about the rumor that just spread though out the entire school. Lizzie was confused. She was dating anyone, at least not yet. Derrick spotted Lizzie and walked over to her table.
He sat down next to Lizzie. CeCe said she had to go, but really wanted to leave her alone with Derrick.

Derrick was the most popular guy in school. He plays on the hockey team at school and is the MPV. All the jocks come over with their girlfriends. Derrick was just to ask Lizzie something when the bell rang. Lizzie got up and said good bye to Derrick. She rushed off to her home room. The only thin Lizzie forgot then was Derrick was in her homeroom. Derrick walked in to Mrs. Daffily room. Lizzie sat down in her usual seat, the back. Derrick walked over and looked at the nerd who sat next to Lizzie. The nerd looked up and saw Derrick and grabbed his things and vanished.

"Why did you do that? You could have asked him politely." Lizzie said without looking at him.

"I know, but how was going to get your attention?" Derrick said. Derrick waited a few seconds and said "hello can you at least talk to me. I have something to say to you."

“What are you waiting for just spit it out before I change my mind of talking to you!" exclaimed Lizzie.

"Ok, ok chill,” said Derrick. "Do you like....." Bell rang for homeroom to start.

"Home room, please be seated." said Mrs. Daffily.

"Now homeroom, I just too told that we have to do an acting scene for the assembly in the next week. It's on Friday next week. We will spend every home room practicing. Who wants to write the script? Raise your hands." Two hands rise. "Ok, good! Now what should are play be?" asked Mrs. Daffily.

A kid named Bill raised his hand. "Bill" called Mrs. Daffily.

"We could do a spy play." said Bill.

"Homeroom what do you think?" asked Mrs. Daffily. "Raise your hands please."

"What do you think Lizzie?" asked Derrick.

"I don't like you talking to me right....."

"Derrick and Lizzie stop talking." Commanded Mrs. Daffily. “Writers, the script are based off of a spy theme. Also make sure you pick people who you know will make a great character for their part. Ok, class dismisses." Derrick grabbed Lizzie's arm and asked if he can talk to her until they reach her locker.

Lizzie finally agreed to talk to him. Derrick asked a question to Lizzie “So do you like..."

"Derrick and Lizzie stay!" Commanded Mrs. Daffily. Derrick and Lizzie stayed put. "You both have detention for talking when not suppose to. Derrick yours is when you just have practice and not a game and Lizzie yours is after school today." said Mrs. Daffily.

"Why is mine not on the same day as his? Is it because he has a big game? I have a big thing too!" Lizzie said angrily. Lizzie rushed off before Derrick or Mrs. Daffily could answer. Derrick chased after Lizzie.

"Wait please Lizzie, wait up." Lizzie stopped and turns around.

Lizzie said "you think you’re so cool playing hockey and getting special things from teachers. I shod of listen to my grandma and stayed away from boys like you. You people make me sick. Stay away from me."

"Lizzie, please! I can explain."

"Stay away! You’re nothing, but a jerk!" Lizzie rushed off before Derrick could talk to her again. Lizzie got to her locker and did her combo; 16-46-6. She got her books for first period class; Mr. Jones. He is the strictest teacher here.

CeCe came up to Lizzie and asked her "What's wrong? You look angry."

Lizzie answers her with an angry voice "It's Derrick. I never want to see his face again." Lizzie shut her locker an turn around to CeCe. "He gets so many privileges and I get detention. He talked to me and got me into trouble. He such a jerk."

CeCe replied "It stinks doesn't it. I have it happen to me twice. So you have detention and he gets it when he is open."

"Yeah, that's what happened."

"Want to get coffee before class."

"Yeah that would be nice," Lizzie and CeCe walked into the cafe and saw Derrick in line for coffee.

"Maybe we should get coffee later," Lizzie asked.

"No, Lizzie you can't hide from him forever," responded CeCe. Lizzie and CeCe walked to the coffee line and waited behind Derrick.

Derrick turns around and says "Lizzie, I took the detention for today if that makes you feel better about us. Also I was going to ask you before we got the detention if you liked me. Do you?"

"CeCe can you give us a moment I’ll get the coffees." CeCe turns away and sits at a table. Lizzie continues “I do like you. There are you happy that you or it out of me."

"Yes, I'm happy." joked Derrick.

"Is there anything you want to say?" asked Lizzie.

"No." said Derrick.

"Wow, classic boys that you never date," said Lizzie.

"What are you talking?"

"You're so nice!" said Lizzie.

"I'm joking, chill. I like you too. Want to go out sometime soon?" asked Derrick.

"Well, I guess if you beg me," said Lizzie.

"You're making me beg?" asked Derrick. Lizzie grabs two coffees. Derrick grabs another coffee for him.

"Ok, I guess I'm not going out with you." Lizzie said.

"Oh I see."

"What?"

"Nothing really; only that you are playing a trick on me. You’re just trying to get to beg and say it’s a joke and I got you."

"Ok, bye." Lizzie walked away. RRRRRRRRING RRRRRRRRING; the bell went off. Lizzie walked to her first period class and left Derrick there sipping his coffee. CeCe walked after Lizzie to grab her coffee that Lizzie took.

"Hey, Lizzie. You stole my coffee." CeCe said calling after Lizzie. Lizzie turns around and says...

"Oh sorry. It slipped my mind."

"So what happened with Derrick?"

"Nothing really; he just asked me out and I said beg and I'll go out with you. He didn't I left him standing there probably confused."

"So wait let me get this. You let Derrick go, your love, because he didn't beg."

"Don't worry about it, he thought it was joke witch it was and I’ll go out with him once he comes back crawling to me." CeCe laughed at Lizzie's comment. What they didn't know was that derrick right around the corner hidden behind a wall. Derrick thought of the perfect plan to get her back. Derrick walked up to the dumbest girl in the school. He asked her to act as his girlfriend to get Lizzie mad, upset or jealous. RRRRRRRING RRRRRRRING! The bell goes off to start first period. Lizzie had all her classes with Derrick. Lizzie walks in to Mr. Ramble’s classroom, but it wasn't really his name. He likes to ramble on and on about whatever he feels like. Someday it's his love life and other days its science. He is supposed to teach science, but it’s rare to have a science talk.

Derrick walks in late with his fake girlfriend. Derrick picks two seats by Lizzie. Mr. Ramble is talking about his love life again. Usually during his talks about his love or anything else we are allowed to talk, but quietly. Derrick leans over to Lizzie and whispers to her "I like you to meet my girlfriend; one who doesn't like me to beg to go out with her."

"Oh ok. It's nice to meet her. Does she have a name or is it trying to get me jealous?"

"No, it's not trying to get her jealous. You’re so pushy."

"How am I pushy?" asked Lizzie. "You're the pushy person. Maybe that's why I won't go out with you!" Lizzie shouted by accident. The whole class went silent, even the teacher. They stared at Derrick and Lizzie. Lizzie said "Sorry to interrupt Mr. Pansy.” the teachers really name.

"I see you two have some issues to dissolve. Why don't you to step out and see the counselor," said Mr. Ramble.

"We're fine Mr," Tried to speak Derrick.

"Go now!" Order Mr. Ramble. Lizzie picked up her backpack as Derrick did the same. They walked out of the room and headed towards the counselor.

"Why did you start talking to me during class? Look where we are going." said Lizzie.

"Why do you always have to blame me? It's your fault were here!"

"Mine! You’re the one who tried to get me jealous. How did that work for you?" said Lizzie.

"I did it to get back at you,” said Derrick.

"I told you it wasn't a joke!" The counselor stepped out of her office/counseling room.

"Glad to see you’re here; I got a call about you to love birds. Come inside and sit please," She asked. The counselor is called "the fixer-upper". She fixes all problems in this school; no matter what the problem is. Lizzie and Derrick walk in and see three chairs. Two hanging from the ceiling and the other is a director chair. Lizzie and Derrick take the seats hanging from the ceiling. One was light green and the other was a tomato red. Lizzie took the light green because it's her favorite color and Derrick took the red; he had no choice. The counselor walks in and takes the director seat. She takes out her clipboard and writes down Lizzie V.S. Derrick.

"Ok lets being." says the counselor. "So what happen in your words Lizzie?"

"He asked me out and I joked with him that he should beg to go out with me and....." Lizzie began.

"AH HA! It was a joke like I heard." Derrick said while interpreting Lizzie.

"What do you mean you heard me say it was a joke?"

"I heard you and CeCe talking," said Derrick.

"Is that why you got that one girl to be your "fake" girlfriend. Wow you’re so immature."

"Really you’re calling me immature." Derrick started. "You're the one who asked me I beg for you to go with me."

"I told, well you heard that it was a joke,” said Lizzie.

"You are such a..." Derrick began to say.

"Enough!!! Out of both if you!" The counselor started to say. "You’re both disagreeing about a lot of things. We can try to work this out."

"There is nothing that can make this better." Derrick said.

"I agree. We are not made for each other." Lizzie said agreeing.

"See you agreed on one thing. This is going to be our building block.



Three hours later Derrick and Lizzie came out of the counselor room holding hands. Ms. Fixer-upper worked her magic on them. The whole school saw ten holding and hands and about the blow up in science class. Word spreads fast at this school. One thing happen in class, next the whole school knows about it. It was lunch time when they got out of counseling. They headed towards the cafe, still holding hands. Lizzie and Derrick head towards the salad bar and then going to pizza bar for each of their lunches. Lizzie always gets salad and Derrick always gets pizza. When they got their food they headed towards Lizzie's usual seating area. CeCe was sitting there alone waiting for Lizzie to come.

CeCe looked up and saw Derrick with her. She was about to grab her lunch and leave, but Lizzie stopped her.

"Please, stay. You don't have to go," Lizzie said.

"I know, but Lizzie can we talk?" asked CeCe.

"Sure," Lizzie let go if derrick's hand and walk off with CeCe. "What is it? Don't tell me it's the third wheel thing."

"It is," CeCe said.

"CeCe you have been my best friend since pre-k. Plus I don't want to be alone with him in front of the whole school."

"Ok, I'll stay if it means this much to you." CeCe and Lizzie walked back to their seats. Derrick gives Lizzie a small kiss on the check when she sits down. CeCe looks over at Derrick who is crawling pizza into his mouth.

CeCe jokes "I see why you like him Lizzie."

"Funny CeCe, real funny," Derrick said with pizza in his mouth. All of them laugh to CeCe and Derrick's comments. One of the jocks on the hockey team comes over to Derrick.

"Hey!" The jock said. The jock's name was Greg Tumbleweed.

"Hey, Greg!" Derrick said while swallowing his lasts bits of pizza.

"Let's say you, me, my girl, and your girl skip rest of school to go hang around at the mall."

"Umm I'm not sure we should. Lizzie and I already have detention. Should we Lizzie?" Derrick asked.

"I can't really. I have gymnastic practice right after school. If you want to you can go." answered Lizzie.

"Sorry Greg. We can't go, but have fun on your date." Derrick told Greg.

"What ever man. You’re not as cool as you used to be. Where is he; Derrick? I know he is inside of you.” Greg said. Greg walked away with his girlfriend.

"Derrick, you can go if you want. I don't want it to seem like now that you have a girlfriend that you can't do everything that you used to do. Please don't let me hold you back." Lizzie said.


"I know, but we have detention together. I can't ditch you and have you cover for me." explained Derrick.

"Ok. Just remember what I said." Lizzie got up and went to get her daily second cup of coffee. When she grabbed it she went to her locker. She did her combo and opened he locker. Inside the locker lay a paper bag with her name written on it. She took it out of her locker and opened it. Inside laid a note. She grabbed it and read it.
"Dear Lizzie,

I know you have gymnastic coming up and your birthday. Happy early birthday! I have your science book and your acting book. If you want the books, well to bad. There mine forever! HAHAHA!
From,

Unknown.
P.S.
Don’t take him away from me again, understand Lizzie."

Lizzie worried who it was from. Then she just remembered she left her backpack in the cafe. She put the note in her pocket and closed her locker. She walked in to the cafe and saw Derrick there; with a girl. He kissed her and then she walked away. Lizzie walked over to Derrick. She grabbed her backpack. Derrick came up to her and said "later".

Lizzie said "Wait! I need to do something." Derrick walked over to her and asked her nervously...

"What is it?" Next thing Derrick knew was that his foot was throbbing with pain. Lizzie stomped on his foot with her sliver and gold zebra high heels. He fell against the table holding his foot. Lizzie stormed off before Derrick could ask what he did. Lizzie walked to the assembly that was held in the gym every day. Derrick tried to chase after Lizzie, but couldn't walk to well.

"Lizzie, wait! We need to talk!" Derrick called after Lizzie, but she already got me the gym. Lizzie found CeCe and sat down next to her on the cold dusty floor. Derrick came in a few minutes later. During that time Lizzie told CeCe what she saw and how they broke up again. Lizzie eyes started to water, but she quickly wiped them away. CeCe grabbed her shoulder and told her it’s his loss not yours. Derrick came over to Lizzie. He sat down next to her and she simply got up and moved away from him. Derrick slide closely to CeCe.

"What did I do to her?" Derrick asked CeCe.

"Hmmm, I don't know try you kissed another girl. You Jerk!" CeCe got up but Derrick pulled her down to him. CeCe sat down and Derrick explained to her that the girl Lizzie saw was his cousin. CeCe got up quickly and went to Lizzie.

"Hey, Lizzie. Derrick told me that...."

"I don't care about him." Lizzie claimed.

"Let me finished," protested CeCe. "Lizzie he told that the girl he kissed was his cousin. He wasn't cheating on you." Lizzie looked over at Derrick who looked back at her. Lizzie got up and hugged CeCe. Then Lizzie walked over to Derrick who still sat in the same spot when Lizzie left him.

"I'm sorry. Can you forgive me?" Lizzie asked with sadness in her tone.

"Of course." Derrick got up and hugged Lizzie in front of the whole school. Then he kissed her and she started Lizzie blush. Lizzie pushed back and walked away. The whole school went silent. Derrick chased after Lizzie. Lizzie was in the cafe with her coffee, she got from her locker.

"What was that all about in there?" asked Derrick. "I thought we were good." Lizzie tapped her fingers on the table. She looked up at him.

"You are asking me who just got kissed in front the whole school and almost blushed like crazy." Lizzie exclaimed. "I blush whenever I'm kissed. I didn't want the whole school to know that." Derrick went over to Lizzie and sat down next to her.

"Listen all girls blush."

"Not me. Never in front of a body of people."

"All girls blush over me and everyone sees it," said Derrick.

"It's not the same for me." Lizzie said. "I don't blush!"

Derrick said in a quiet voice "I can't think what you’re thinking, but I do know you want to kiss me now." Derrick leans in and Lizzie gets up and grabs her coffee. Derrick falls forward and looks up and sees Lizzie disappeared. Lizzie went back to her locker to put the coffee back in. Lizzie saw Derrick's reflection in her mirror hanging in her locker. "I thought you might be here."

"I thought you would get the message that I wanted to be alone."

"I see." Derrick kissed her on the head and walked away. Lizzie grabbed her phone from her locker and saw a text from her mom. She saw it and it said "don't go to practice. All three kids sick with fevers and puking. Help grandma and grandpa. -mom" Lizzie texted her back saying "ok, but first I have to do three things. One is that I have detention for being talked to in homeroom, two tell coach I can’t go practice, and lastly I have to explain to Derrick why I can't date him.-Lizzie" Lizzie's phone showed message sent. Lizzie quickly put her phone back in locker and saw people come out from the assembly.

The last classes flew by for everyone. RRRRRRRRING! RRRRRRRRING! The school bell rang for school to be over. Lizzie went to detention and Derrick was sitting there. Lizzie grabbed the seat farthest from Derrick. Mrs. Daffily set her timer for fifteen minutes without talking. The fifth-teen mines flew by so quickly it's seemed detention was only three minutes. The timer dinged and detention was over. Lizzie said across the room "I have to put gymnastics first so we can't date." Lizzie got up and grabbed her backpack and left. Derrick sat there confused. No one has ever broke up with him, ever. Lizzie walked over to the gym and told coach about her family. Coach understood and said we will practice later, just me and you. Lizzie left the gym and headed out the school doors. When she got out there Derrick was there waiting.

Derrick said "I am breaking up with you, not the other way around." Lizzie nodded her head and walked past him. Derrick was planned for her yelling or talking, but instead she just nodded. It took Lizzie five minutes to get home. She walked though the threshold of the front door and imminently smelled the puke. Lizzie set her school bag down and her gymnastics bags down. Lizzie walked on the first floor and didn't find anyone. She went to the next floor. She found her whole family cramped into the bathroom on that floor.

"Hey everyone. How are you guys feeling?" Harper saw Lizzie as ran to her.

"Lizzie! I don't feel well."

"It's ok. It will be over soon."

"Really Liz......" Harper just puked on Lizzie. It got on her tank top, shoes, and her shorts. "I'm sorry Lizzie." Just then grandma looked at Harper and saw Lizzie.

"Lizzie, are you ok?"

"I'm going to take a shower." Lizzie walked away still covered in Harper's puke. Every step she took it got everywhere else it didn't where she puke on her. Lizzie finally made it to her room then to her shower. She took a shower many times to try to get the puke smell off of her. It took seven showers. She put on fresh clean unpacked clothes on. She wore a white tank top with orange shorts. Lizzie brushed her hair and put it up in a bun. Her light brown hair hung tight in the bun. When she finished her make up again, she looked in the mirror. After she checked the mirror she headed back towards the bathroom. Lizzie leaned into the bathroom and saw no one was there. Lizzie walked though out the whole second floor. They weren't there. Lizzie walked down another flight of stairs to the main floor. Lizzie heard noises coming in the kitchen. Lizzie walked to the kitchen and saw the three little puke monsters and grandma and grandpa.

"Grandpa, can you put the sick children to bed please."

"Of course, dear." Grandpa gathered up the sick children and went upstairs with them.

"Lizzie, how was today?"

"Fine," Lizzie said.

"What does fine mean? What happened today in detail?"

"I can't really explain it."

"Come on." Grandma said. "If it long story then sum it up."

"Ok, if you want to hear it so bad. I am just saying one part of the day. First me and Derrick were dating then broke up then dating then broke up then dating then lastly broke up." Lizzie claimed.

"Oh that bad dear." Grandma said. Grandpa came down stairs with a look on his round wrinkly face.

"What's wrong Grandpa?" Lizzie asked.
"Harper puked again, but on Tate." Grandpa exclaimed. "Tate is not too happy about it. I just finished his shower."

"Oh that's terrible!" Grandma said. "Lizzie and I will go check on everyone."

"Ok, be safe with the pukers."

"Thanks grandpa." Lizzie said with a smile. Lizzie and grandma walked up the stairs and went to Jacklyn's room first. They walked up the flights of stairs and heard noises from Jacklyn and Harper’s room.
“This could mean only one thing, Grandma.” Lizzie said quietly. When they reached Jaclyn’s room the noise stopped. Everything was dead silent. The door was shut and they could tell that the light was off. Lizzie put one hand on the door knob and pushes it open softly and slow. Inside the room they saw no Jacklyn.
“This is very weird, Lizzie.”
“I know, Grandma. We should check all her room for her then go check on everyone else.”
“Ok dear.”
“Wait. I have an idea.” Grandma looked at her with a question look on her face. “We should split up. You take this room and Tate’s and I’ll check everywhere else.”
“Ok, but be careful.”
“Will do and you too.” Lizzie said and turned away. Lizzie walked into Harper’s room first. Lizzie turned the doorknob and opened up the door. The door wouldn’t budge open.
“Harper!” Lizzie yelled. “Are you in there? Open the door!” No answer came from the other side. Lizzie knew she has to get in there to check on Harper. Lizzie backed up a couple of paces and ran at the door. With all of her might she shoved herself into Harper’s door. The door broke. The door fell on top of Harper’s dresser, tiny bookcase, and the lamp. Lizzie got up and felt her leg cry out to her. It was bruised immediately along with her shoulder, arm, and stomach area. Once she got up and braced herself, she looked around the room. No Harper. “Who would block the door way to Harper’s bedroom?” mumbled Lizzie. Lizzie looked though the entire room and never saw anything or any trace of someone coming in here.
Lizzie walked over the door and the things laying beneath it. Lizzie walked to Tate’s room. She put her hand on the doorknob and opens the door. This time the door wasn’t jammed. Lizzie saw Tate’s bed had foot prints and blankets thrown across the bed. There was no Tate. Lizzie walked out of his room and walked towards her old room. She thought maybe they were in there. She saw a figure move across the room. “Who’s there!” shouted Lizzie. Just then Lizzie heard her grandma’s scream. It echoes the hallway to Lizzie’s ears. Goosebumps went up Lizzie’s spine. Lizzie saw the shadow move towards her. “Who are you?” Lizzie shouted once more. Lizzie turn to run out the door and a figure slammed the door shut before she could escape. Lizzie tried to open the door, but the figure on the other side hold the door shut. Lizzie gave up and turned around. The figure was only five paces away.
The figure’s hand reached out and Lizzie tried to bolt to the other side of the room to escape though the window. It was no use. The hand grabbed Lizzie’s arm and yanked her towards the shadowy figure. The figure wrapped its hairy arm over her neck and tried to drag her to the door. Lizzie tried to push her way out of the hairy arm grip. It was no use again. Lizzie decided in that moment to use her elbow. She took her elbow forward a little bit and slammed it against the figure’s stomach.
The voice let out a scream. Lizzie got out of the figure’s heavy grip and raced for the window. She threw open the window. The figure recovered from the blow quickly and race after the girl, Lizzie. Lizzie was about to jump out when the figure grabbed her and threw her back in. Her head smacked against the bed frame. Her blacked out. The figure grabbed her set her on the bed. The figure cleaned her head first, so if they got caught they wouldn’t have more years in jail for hitting the girl. The figure in the room, cleaning Lizzie’s head, heard the door handle move. The door open and the other figure stood at the door.
“What did you do now!” the figure asked the other figure. “We were not going to hurt anyone remember.”
“I know. She caused it herself.” The figure explained to the other figure what happened.
“Ok, now what?” asked the figure (who slammed the door shut on Lizzie).
“Well what do you think?” said the figure, which who knocked Lizzie out. “Tie her up, idiot!”
“Ok, don’t be so harsh.” The figure grabbed the bag from the side of the bed and zipped open the bag. He grabbed two ropes and puts the two ropes on the bed. Lizzie was still unconscious, lying still on the bed. The figures rolled Lizzie over. Her body was now facing against the Polk-a-dot mattress. The two figures tied her hands behind her back and tied a rope around her shoulders and upper chest. They lifted her up onto one of the figure’s shoulders. They walked out of the house and open one of the car doors. They sat Lizzie in the back seats lying down on her side. One figure closed the door while the other figure walked on the other side of the car and started the car. The other figure, which wasn’t going to drive, opened up the passenger car door, got in, and shut the door. The two figures drove off with Lizzie in the back of the car.

In the middle on the way to the secret place, Lizzie woke up and tried to get up, but failed.
“What’s going on? Where are we? Who are you?” Lizzie asked.
“I told you she would wake up. We should have knocked her out more.” Called the figure in the passenger seat. Lizzie recognized that voice. It was her ex.
“Tyler is that you?” Lizzie asked the passenger figure. His name was Tyler Zaal. He got dumped by her in ninth grade.
“Man, I told you she would recognize me once she heard my voice.” Tyler exclaimed. Lizzie struggled to sit up. She finally made her way to sit up when she heard a…. BLUNK! POP! BLUNK! POP!
“SHOOT!” yelled an unfamiliar voice. The car pulled over on the high way. The unfamiliar voice was the one, who got out of the car to check what happened.
“Lizzie, I swear I didn’t know you lived her. It’s been two years since we dated and I thought you moved.” Said Tyler. “My best friend talked me into it and……”
“Save it.” Lizzie said. “You knew you just don’t want me to be mad at you again.”
“I didn’t, I swear.”
“Where’s my family?”
“I don’t know. There were other people who came…..” The car door opened on the driver’s side. The other figure was a man. A man, Lizzie never knew.
“There are two flat tires, but I can fix this in about ten minutes then we are back on the road to the place.”
“Ok, just fix it fast before the cops come looking.” The man shut the door and popped open the trunk door.
“I can’t talk to you. That what my best friend told me.”
“Wait your best friend is an older guy?”
“NO!” Tyler protested. “He is... Oh, never mind. Back to what I was saying about your family……”
“Wait! Who is this guy?”
“I can’t tell you. He said he would kill me if I told you who he was.”
“Sure, he said that.” Lizzie said sarcastically. “So, what about my family? Who took them and where?”
“I can’t tell you the place because I don’t know, but I do know that there were at least ten men who came into your house and took about seven people, not including you.”
“Wait, seven people?” Lizzie asked concerned. The man came back to the car before Tyler could answer. The man started the car again and began to drive. All Lizzie’s mind was thinking about was seven people. There was only Grandma, Grandpa, Jacklyn, Harper, and Tate. Who else?

They drove for about five more minutes before reaching their destination. “Where are we? Can I ask?” Lizzie asked both men.
“No!” protested the man. The man got out along as Tyler. Tyler opens the door to let Lizzie out. Tyler grabbed part of Lizzie’s upper arm. He tugged her out and pushed her in front of him and his older friend. They reach the door and Tyler waves his hand for his older friend to do the secret code. The older man claps his hands twice, pats his leg really loud, then let out an O-GA, O-GA! The door panel opens at the top at the door and a face appears. It’s a woman; finally a woman was part of this kidnapping, Lizzie thought. The door opened up and Lizzie got pushed in to an abandon warehouse. In the warehouse, Lizzie saw her family. She figured out who were the two extra people. It was her mom and dad.
“Mom, Dad?” Lizzie called out.
“No talking!” yelled one of the men in the warehouse. Tyler’s older friend pushed Lizzie to where her whole family was sitting their tied up and some have duck tape on their mouths. The man sat Lizzie down on the cold, dirty floor next to her mom.
“Before we call it a night, so we can sleep I thought I should leave Lizzie with many thoughts. Mea, would you like to tell Lizzie the truth or should I? Don’t you think she should know the truth about her life?” said the man. Lizzie looked at her mom.
“No, I don’t think so; Mr.…. I don’t think I got your name. So what’s your name?” Mea asked the man.
“I’m Tim. Remember me? Last chance before I tell Lizzie the truth.”
“Fine! I’ll tell her. Just can you let us do it in private, please?”
“No, tell her now or I tell her in five, four, three, and two….”
“Ok, ok, ok. Lizzie, this might be a little hard for you to take in…..” said Mea.
“GET ON WITH IT MEA!” the man shouted.
“This man, Lizzie, he is your real father. He is your biological father; not Beau.” Said Mea.
“How could this man be my father? I don’t look like him at all.” Lizzie exclaimed.
“Your hair, nose, mouth, and sport love comes from him; everything else is from me.”
“But how could he be my father; Beau is my father. He was there when I grew up.” asked Lizzie.
“I walked out on you because I didn’t want a girl child. I wanted a boy.” said Lizzie’s real father.
“Because I was a girl, you left me?” asked Lizzie.
“Yeah, you understand great. Why don’t you meet my son, Lizzie.” answered Lizzie’s real father. A tall narrow woman walked over with tall narrow boy. “I like to introduce to you, Lizzie your brother.
“Greg?” Lizzie said.
“Lizzie?” Greg said.
“I see you have met already.” Lizzie’s real father said.
“Yeah, dad. Remember the one night I came home without my girlfriend. Well, that was Lizzie.”
“What you dated your sister?” asked Lizzie’s real father.
“I didn’t know. You never bother to tell me!” shouted Greg.
“Or me!” Lizzie chimed in looking at her real father then to her mom.
“Ok, let’s just drop this part.” said Lizzie’s real father.
“NO!” said Greg.
“What did you just say?” Greg’s dad asked.
“I said NO!” Greg replied to his father. Just then there is a crash though the window. Everyone looks at the broken window area and sees a man. Derrick.

“Mom, it’s Derrick” Lizzie whispered.
“IT’S DERRICK!” Greg shouted. Every one picked up something; except for the victims. Derrick jumped onto a rope that was hanging from the ceiling and was close to the window. Everyone was moving close to that rope. Someone jumped forward and started to climb up the rope that held Derrick. The person climbs faster and faster to the top. The person finally made it up to Derrick held on to the rope. The person swag a fist fast; hitting Derrick in the face.
“Come on Derrick!” Lizzie shouted.
“Shut it daughter.” Called Lizzie’s real father.
“Lizzie, I think I am going to fall.” Derrick shouted from up on the rope.
“It’s ok Derrick. You tried your best.” Lizzie shouted back. The person on the rope kicked Derrick in the gut and then punched him in the face. Derrick fell off the rope and fell safely on a mat below the rope. “Derrick!” Lizzie shouted. Lizzie got up with a help from her mom. Her mom used her legs and pushed against Lizzie’s back. Lizzie tried to run over to Derrick, but her real dad pulled her back. Then sirens started to blare. They saw though the windows red and blue lights flashes on and off.
“Who called the cops?” yelled Lizzie’s real father. Greg looked at Derrick.
“COME OUT THIS IS THE POLICE! WE HAVE YOU SURROUND! YOU CAN’T ESCAPE!” yelled the police.

“Dang it!” yelled one of the men in the abandon warehouse. They heard a sound come from the door. BANG! BANG! BANG! The door bursts down and the cops came rushing in. BANG! A gun goes off. A cop falls to the ground with a bullet wound. BANG! Another gun goes off, close to Lizzie’s ear drum. Lizzie wanted to put her hands over her ears but she couldn’t because her real father was still holding her and her hands were tied up. BANG! BANG! BANG! More people fall to the ground. Cops called in for more back up. More cops came in. BANG! BANG! The last two out of three fell. The last one reaming was Lizzie real father. Lizzie’s father grabbed his pistol on his pistol holster. He took the gun and held it towards Lizzie. Lizzie couldn’t move because his hairy arm was wrapped around her neck.
“SHOOT ME AND SHE DIES WITH ME!” yelled Lizzie’s real father. The backups to the backups came in and stopped half way in. The cops signaled them to hide, but act like they left. The two cops left took a step forward. Lizzie’s real father pulled the bullet in to place inside the gun. “I’M WARNING YOU!” yelled Greg’s father again. Derrick got up and quietly walked behind Lizzie’s father (the not biological father). He untied all of Lizzie’s family and quietly ripped off the duck-tape on some of the family’s mouths. Then Derrick walked away silent as a moose and stood behind Lizzie’s real father. The cops nodded and spoke….
“Let her go and we won’t arrest you.” said one of the two officers.
“So let me get this straight, I let her go and you don’t arrest me?” asked Lizzie’s real father.
“Yes.” said the cop.
“Ok, I’ll let her…” Lizzie’s real father started. “This is a trap! I’m never falling for those.”
“Ok, but you left us no choice.” One of the cops tosses a pistol over Lizzie’s and her father’s head. He turned around to see who was behind him. BANG! A scream filled the cool thick air. Lizzie falls to the ground with her real father on top of her. The cops rushed over. They took out their hand cuffs and cuffed him. The backups to the backups came towards Lizzie’s real father and circled him, so he couldn’t escape. The two cops, who cuffed him, lifted him up and the backups to the backups came and grabbed Lizzie, who was underneath her father. One of the backups grabbed a knife and cut Lizzie’s hands free. Once he did that, Lizzie ran over to Derrick and hugged him.
“My hero.” Lizzie said. “How did you know where I was?”

“I saw them take you. I saw Ummmm…. Well at your window about to throw rocks at it, when I heard screaming from inside. I walked over to a brush and crept down to hide. I saw you knocked out and on top of a man. I followed the car from my parents’ car. I also slashed their tires.” Derrick said.

“You risked your life, for saving me.” Lizzie said.

“Why was Greg here?”
“GREG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Lizzie shouted.
“What about Greg?” Derrick asked.
“The cops came in and killed or shot everyone in here.” Lizzie exclaimed. “TYLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
“Lizzie, calm down.” Derrick said. “Who is Tyler?”
“Tyler was my ex boyfriend and he didn’t want to do this. His friend made him.” Lizzie said. A scream came from inside a circle of paramedics.
“Lizzie, go find him and I’ll check the circle of paramedics. Got it?”
“K, I will. Meet here soon.” Lizzie said before she rushed off to find Tyler. Lizzie checked everywhere, but the back of the warehouse. Lizzie found Tyler against the walls clutching his hand to his stomach. “Tyler!” Lizzie exclaimed. Lizzie raced over to Tyler and put her hand on Tyler’s stomach wound.
“Lizzie, I’m sorry.” Tyler said quietly.
“Tyler, it’s ok that you kidnapped me. You didn’t mean to. Don’t be mad or upset with yourself.”
“Lizzie, it hurts.”
“It’s ok. Go into the light. I’ll be fine.” Lizzie said.
“No, Lizzie!” Tyler said while trying to shout, but failed.
“Tyler please I don’t want you to suffer.”
“Lizzie, I’m staying. I can’t leave you.”
“You do know I have a boyfriend. It’s Derrick.” just as Lizzie said that, Derrick walked behind her.
“Were back together?” Derrick said. Lizzie turned around.
“Yeah.” Lizzie says while turning back to Tyler. “Tyler we need to get you over to the hospital, now. Derrick can you help me carry him over to the paramedics?”
“Sure, then Greg.” Derrick responded.
“Ok.” said Lizzie. Lizzie and Derrick help Tyler get up and walked over to the paramedics. The paramedics put Tyler on a stretcher and lifted him up onto the ambulance.
“Wait Lizzie.” Tyler said from inside the vehicle. Lizzie got up into the ambulance.
“What is it?” Lizzie asked.
“Can you please come with me to the hospital?” Tyler spoke.
“Ok, Tyler.”
“LIZZIE!” A voice came from behind her. Lizzie turned and saw Derrick. “Come on. Greg wants you to go to the hospital with him.” Lizzie looked at Tyler then to Derrick.
“Lizzie!” called Tyler from inside the ambulance. Lizzie looked at Tyler.
“Derrick, I can’t go to the hospital with Greg or you. I promised Tyler first. Sorry,” Lizzie said. The ambulance doors closed shut and the paramedics banged on the door for the driver to go. The ambulance drove off. Lizzie took Tyler’s hand and Tyler squeezed his hand tight.
“Thank you, Lizzie,” said Tyler.
“You’re welcome, but what for?” Lizzie asked.
“For going with me when your boyfriend said to go with him to the hospital,” Tyler said.
“No problem,” said Lizzie. They arrived at the hospital moments later. Tyler was taken into the ER. Tyler went in to the room to have a surgery. Lizzie waited in the ER waiting room. Derrick came into the room where Lizzie was sitting.
“Hey, Lizzie. Are you ok,” asked Derrick.
“Hey,” Lizzie turned around and saw Derrick at the door with a girl. “Yeah, I guess I’m a fine.”
“Good, then,” said Derrick. “I’m going to walk my cousin to her car.
“OK,” said Lizzie. Derrick shut the door behind him and his cousin. Derrick and his cousin walked to the front door of the hospital.
“I thought she was your cousin,” asked Derrick’s cousin.
“She is,” said Derrick. Lizzie walked silently behind Derrick without him knowing.
“If she is then why did you say I have to take my, which means me, cousin to her car. I don’t even own a car! I am dating you, not your cousin,” asked Derrick’s cousin.
“She is your girlfriend!” Lizzie said outraged. Derrick quickly turned around a saw Lizzie. “Do you know why your foot hurts a lot?” Lizzie then stepped on his foot with her black and lime green high heels. “I am, well now I’m not his girlfriend,” Lizzie said turning to Derrick’s girlfriend. Lizzie then stormed off going back to see Tyler.
“I guess she was right about why your foot hurts. You’re a Jerk!” Derrick’s ex girlfriend said.
“I’m sorry!” Derrick said while one of his ex girlfriends walks in the other direction that Lizzie walked away. Derrick was left there standing on the hospital’s logo in the lobby. Derrick waited there for a few moments then went in Lizzie’s direction. When Derrick walked by the handicap bathroom he heard crying. He knocked on the door. The voice inside said to go away. Derrick knocked on the door again. Go away the voice inside said. Derrick tried for a third time. GO AWAY! The voice shouted form inside the handicap bathroom. Derrick wanted to talk to Lizzie, so he tried for a fourth time. I SAID GO AWAY! The voice inside shouted at the top of their lungs. Derrick wouldn’t take a go away for an answer. He tried for a fifth time. The door finally cracked open. The voice inside said can I help you. Derrick was confused. He asked the figure to come out, so they could talk. The figure opened the door all the way. He saw a woman dressed in a nurse outfit.
When he saw her, he apologized for what he did and continued on his way to find Lizzie. He heard crying coming from a room with a door shut. Derrick thought for sure it was Lizzie. Instead of waiting for her to open the door he would go in. He put his hand on the door knob and pushed the door open careful and quiet. He saw in there was not Lizzie, but a room full of babies; crying babies. He shut the door quiet and walked off. He heard crying coming from an office room. He didn’t go into the room because it wasn’t going to be Lizzie. Derrick continued walking. Lizzie can out from the office and walked behind Derrick ad he didn’t notice her. Lizzie turned down a hallway and found Tyler’s room. She walked into the room and shut the door behind her.
“Hey, it took you some time to come back with snacks. Where are the snacks?” asked Tyler.
“I didn’t get any food because I just broke up with Derrick,” Lizzie said while trying to hold back the tears.
“What did he do if you don’t mind me asking?” Tyler asked.
“He cheated on me with this one girl from a different school. I thought we finally come have a relationship that actually worked, but it failed again like all my relationships,” Lizzie explained to Tyler.
“Your relationship with me didn’t fail,” Tyler said to Lizzie.
“Thanks. That’s good to know, but that’s not what I mean. I can never find true love,” said Lizzie.
“Come on, Lizzie. You’re the most attractive girl I know. Guys want to date you, but you push them away. Why do you push them away?” Tyler asked Lizzie.
“I don’t push them away! They don’t want to date me. Why would you say that,” said Lizzie.
“What do you mean they don’t want to date you!” said Tyler. “They love you. They won’t ask you out because you would push them away.”
“I don’t push them away!” Lizzie shouted.

The door opened and a nurse came into with a tray.
“Tyler, take your fluids,” the nurse said. The nurse handed the flypaper to Tyler. He took the fluids and drank each quickly. He handed the cups back to the nurse and she walks out of the room.
“Can we get back to what we were talking about, Lizzie?” asked Tyler.
“No, I had enough of that I push guys away, which I don’t do,” Lizzie said.
“But…….” Tyler said whole getting interrupted by Derrick coming in thou the door.
“Hey Lizzie, there you are. Your parents are here to take you home,” Derrick said.
“Ok, thanks. I’ll be out in a second,” Lizzie said to Derrick. Derrick walked out of the room closing the door behind him. “Tyler I’ll be back tomorrow.”
“Ok, Lizzie. I’ll be here,” said Tyler. Lizzie opened the door and walked out. She closed the door after she walked out. Lizzie reached the lobby where her mom and dad were standing.
“Lizzie! I’m sorry I didn’t have the guts to tell you about your real father. Can you ever forgive me?” Lizzie just walked right passed her dad and straight for her mom. Lizzie hugged her mom.
“Yes, I can forgive you mom. It’s ok with me,” Lizzie said to her mom while still hugging her. Lizzie’s dad walked up to the hugging girls and pulled them apart. They walked out of the lobby together and went to the car. They got into the car and drove home. When Lizzie’s dad, her mom, and Lizzie got home the TV was on. Harper, Tate, Grandma Golda, Grandpa Marvin, and Jacklyn were watching the news. Lizzie’s kidnapping was already news across the whole U.S.A.

“Lizzie! Your home,” shouted Harper. Harper ran over to Lizzie and Lizzie picked her up. Lizzie set Harper on her side with Harper’s hands around Lizzie’s neck.

Ok, kiddos into bed. Your not puking any more witch is good, but you need rest,” said Lizzie’s mom.






Lizzie woke up the next day in her bed. She clapped her hands together and the lights turned on. She threw off her covers and her blankets. She got up and walked down the two flights of stairs. She went into the kitchen and saw French toast sitting on the table with syrup.

“Good morning, Lizzie,” said Lizzie’s mom.

“Good morning to you too,” said Lizzie. “Mom, what time is it?”

“It’s nine o’clock. Why do you need to know?” asked Lizzie’s mother.

“NINE! I’m late for school! Why didn’t you wake me up?” Lizzie asked. Lizzie’s mom came over to her and put her hands on Lizzie’s shoulders.

“I called you in. You not going to school when you know what happened yesterday,” said Lizzie’s mom.

“But I need to do gymnastics; I have a huge meet coming up! You know what this means for me, right?” Lizzie asked her mom.

“Yes, I know that you can make it to the Olympics if you win gold or sliver,” said Lizzie’s mom.

“Yes, that’s it. I need to be at school to practice for the Olympics. Please let me go, mom!” said Lizzie.

“Lizzie, tomorrow you will go to school,” Lizzie’s mom said.

“Ok, thank you mom,” said Lizzie.

“Come eat breakfast before it goes cold,” said Lizzie’s mom.

“Ok,” Lizzie said before sitting down at the table. Lizzie finished her breakfast in five minutes. She only ate five pieces of French toast. Lizzie walked up the two staircases and went into her room. She grabbed an outfit and went for the bathroom on her floor. She took a quick shower and changed her clothes. She was wearing a silk teal tank top. It was a rare tank top from Tweeterbumble. No one knows about the brand, except for a couple of people. She wore on her legs was White shorts and pink, black, and lime green sneakers. She put on make up which consist of light blue eye shadow, light pink lipstick, mascara, and black eyeliner. She pulled her light brown hair into a pony tail and walked out of the bathroom into her room.

She put her clothes and towel in the hamper and walked back down the two flights of stairs. She went towards the kitchen. When she got into the kitchen, she saw her dad and her mom sitting there laughing. Lizzie came in and asked if she could take a run around the neighbor hood. Her mom and dad agreed to let her go run. Lizzie opens the front door and smelled the spring air. The flowers bloomed heavily. Lizzie walked over to Derrick’s house and knocked on the door. Derrick opened the door. Lizzie said “I LOVE YOU!” Lizzie wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him. He hugged her back too.


From that day on they never stopped loving each other and were true to them. Tyler died because he went into a coma and never came out of it. Lizzie made it to the Olympics and won the Olympics. Greg did die and so did Lizzie’s real father. They both died after two day of the shot hitting them in the gut and back/spine. Derrick and Lizzie got married and had six wonderful children named Ray, Theo, James, Lexi, Alexia (the twin to Lexi), and Hillary.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.