Bad Boy,Good Lips | Teen Ink

Bad Boy,Good Lips

By Lesleyt, New York, New York
Lesleyt, New York, New York

Author's note: I've read Easy by Tammara Webber and I loved the way she described things and just loved her writing in general making me excited to make my own book.

115, it read as I place my hands on the cold metal handle. Inhaling the fresh air into my lungs, I hope for the best as I push it open. Leaving all of the past behind. Only to find the door needed to be pulled. "Stupid." I mutter to myself.

The door is pulled open to a class full of fatigued students, some were sleeping soundlessly while others whisper to each other. "Take out your notebooks and write-oh, who may you be? and why have you arrived at his time?" A grey haired man peers at me from under his large glasses. The whole class turns their attention to me, bodies shifting up slightly.

"Mia, Mia C-Clarkson." I say, sounding more nervous than confident as I intended to. Curious pairs of eyes were examining me. Eyes wandering on the students, I spot a boy with hair styled up into a quiff and a chiseled, masculine face with tattoos making him look rather attractive. He seems to have realized what was going on, his eyes study me then give out an alluring wink while turning to whisper into his friend's ear. Rolling my eyes, I turn my attention to the teacher.

"Welcome Mia, you can have a seat there. " he points towards the isolated seat next to the boy that had scanned me. Great.

I slip into the cold seat and take out a new notebook out of my bookbag. Scribbling something into my notebook, I feel a warm hand rest upon on my shoulder. My body turns to face the direction of the tap.

“Do you have a pencil I could borrow?” A brown haired boy with soft brown eyes asks me. His teeth form a smile, a friendly, inviting smile with dimples on his cheeks.

“Yeah, I’ll get you one.” I assure him before reaching into my bookbag.

“I’ve forgotten my pens and pencils in my room, silly me!” He gives himself a bonk on the head. I laugh,liking his presence already. I hand him the pencil,

“Thank you!” He grins and goes back to work.

“Oh by the way,I’m Connor.” He smiles, turning his seat towards my direction.

“Mia.” I smile back. This isn’t so bad after all. We start chatting about we want to do in the future and what not while we answered the questions the professor had assigned us.

Laughs kept escaping my lips that I almost didn’t notice the door burst open. The room grows silent. The silence was like a graveyard,creating an overwhelming sense of uncomfortableness. Eyes lock on the engaging figure as he walks into the room.

All though all eyes were on him waiting for his next move, he looks straight ahead ignoring all the pairs of eyes staring him down. He was tall and lean, his arms covered in tattoos, they travelled up to his shoulder but were enclosed with a gray shirt that was tight on all the correct parts. He wore an olive beanie that swung loosely on his soft brown hair. His eyebrows furrowed as if he were rethinking something. Something about his presence brought fear into his room you could almost smell it.

“Harry, why are you arriving at this time? At least take an effort or don’t come at all!” Professor Morgan bickers, his features stirring from content to bitter.

“Don’t fucking tell me what to do, I don’t even want to be here.” Harry spats rolling his eyes. Every word he spoke slow and dangerous.

I gasp at his crude language and whisper to Connor who was busy doodling in his notebook, ignoring the scene, “What’s his problem?”

He ignores my question and asks, “What did you write for number 7?”

Harry walks over to wink boy, greeting each other with a manly handshake and start chatting away. By now, everyone else had gone back to their own thing except me, I guess they were used to it. I raise my eyebrows and go back to work. But that wasn’t the end of it.

The gang start chatting a bit too loud to ignore and chuckle, glancing at me a few times. Mr. I'm late to class and I dont give a f*** glances over and stares, his eyebrows still scrunched together like before. Feeling a bit intimidated from his intense stare, I glance back down at my work. Warmth reaches my face before realizing I was blushing, I didn’t even know why.

"I don't understand #8" Looking over at Connor with a red face, except I understood the question perfectly.

"Um you-," He’s about to answer but hesitates as he sees the gang looking over at us. "Well-" He scratches his head, uneasy. He ignores my question again and scribbles something on his notebook. Well he wasn’t any help. The boys had smirks plastered on their stupid handsome faces.

“Connor, are you ok?” I ask. He shifts in his seat uncomfortably avoiding contact.

“These questions are due next week! Also you will have to pick out a book to read and finish it by next week!” The professor announces, everyone stands up and gathers their materials. “See you all tomorrow,have a great day”

“Just stay away from them.” He places his books back into his bookbag and rises from his seat. His features display fear and worry, it made me worry.

“What do you mean?” I stood up fast enough gathering my things and got a hold of his forearm. His eyes travel from behind me then back at me and whispers ,“I tell you tomorrow.” As he makes his way through the door, he leaves me standing in thought. Deciding, to ask him more tomorrow I head for the next class. I walk towards the stairwell, only to find wink boy blocking my way along with the rest of the gang. As other students make their way up to their class, he smiles, letting them get passed. I say a quick “excuse me” and try to push out but he blocks me again, a smug smile resting on his face. My head tilts up to see his figure staring down at me.

“You’re not going anywhere until I get an answer from you.” He leans in closer and tucks a strand of hair on my face behind my left ear.

“Go out with me.” He settles his teeth between his bottom lip. He rest his large hands on my hips, his chestnut eyes staring into my soul. One of the members cough awkwardly, it was Harry. I couldn’t agree more with him, awkwardness crept over my body, a stranger resting his hands on my hips? I’ve just met this stranger and he wants to go out with me?

“I’m sorry but,no.” My hands reach to his as I take them off my hips.

“Great, I’ll pick you- what?” His eyebrows raise up,lips parting.

“No, I don’t want to go out with you.” I try to free myself out of his block but fail. The gang’s laughter fills the stairwell,some even adding “oooh”. The corners of my lips twist into a smile. My smile fades off when in a matter of seconds as he grabs my wrist, forcing me to look at him, dangerously close.

“No one ever says no to me.” He is stare is hard now and full of displeasure. His eyes growing dark than his usual soft chestnut eyes.I accomplish to get out of his grasp and manage to say, “I just did. Now excuse me, I have to get to class.” His grip goes weak as I walk up the dull gray stairs.

I leave behind a laughing gang and a not so happy boy standing in disappointment.

And in all honesty, it felt great.

“Hi nice to meet you, I’m Blair. I’ve also left you the bed next to the window.” She smiles sitting on her bed, her small hands folded on her lap. I take a glance at the room which was covered in all sorts of colorful posters and a neat made bed stood lonely next to a window.

“Hello, it’s nice to meet you too. I’m Mia and thanks, that’s nice of you.” I smile politely and kick off my shoes, climbing onto my bed, ruining it’s neatness.

“So, are you liking it here so far?” She asks. I decide to admire her features as I take a glance at her. She had long pinkish hair,a nose piercing and beautiful blue eyes that almost looked blue as the sky. Her arms were covered with some tattoos but my eyes landed on the half heart on her wrist. “Yeah I guess, I haven’t gotten to go around yet though.”

“Did your tattoos hurt?” I ask randomly as she is playing with the strands of her funky colored hair.

She smiles, “Well, the first one did but then you somehow start liking the pain.”

“Oh. I don’t think of getting one. They look scary!” I say making a creeped out face. She laughs. Well, I think this was the start of a friendship.

****

“Hey, do you mind if my friends come over a bit?” She glances over at me as I sat on my bed studying.

A few minutes later the door opens and I could not believe my eyes. It was the gang, the gang were her friends! Joy. Right when I start to like her, they ruined it.

“Wassup Blair!” One booms out as they all sat themselves on her bed. I look over and wink boy winks at me as if nothing happened in the morning when I clearly told him no.

“Jace, stop staring at the poor girl, for gods sake.” She laughs. Jace, that’s his name.

“Can you believe she said no to me.” A smirk proving he was proud of it. I don’t get what’s good about that. If it was me, I’d be eating out my feelings while crying into my pillow.

“You’re coming to the frat party today right?” Harry asks looking up from his phone. He had been silent this whole time, his voice bringing a different mood into the room.

“Yeah of course but Mia should come too, she needs to see how fun this college actually is.” She throws a pillow at my head making me look up from my laptop. I actually have nothing to do so I have just been staring at my laptop and hearing their conversation for the past 5 minutes.

“I don’t know, I have to study for a test I have on Monday” Lies. I had no tests, I just got here for god sakes. Anyways, who knows what kind of parties they go to and what they do there in this so called “frat party”.

“Oh c’mon don’t be a partypooper, you need to have some fun, who likes studying anyways?” She pouts. It wasn’t working though. I shake my head still not convinced. I am not a “party pooper”.I just don’t see the joy of parties. I could be doing something much better at home then get myself wasted and puking my guts out.

She whispers to the boys and they all started saying things like “c’mon”, “please”, “don’t be a boring b****”.

Harry says the last one and I did not like it but I knew he was only joking, or that’s what I thought. He laughs along with the other blond one. I glare at him though my hearting faster than usual seeing his alluring face as he laughs before going back to stare at the laptop.

Trying to ignore them, I attempt to stare harder at the bright screen in front of me but instead they got even louder and obnoxious. “Fine.”

“Really? Yay!,” Her sky blue eyes lit up like I just told her the best news. I nod and smile at once. “Well we should get ready, shouldn't we?”

“Great, boys we better getting going then,” One of the boys announces as he stands up from his seat.

“Bye Blair see you later, bye Mia.” He had brown soft hair styled to the side with bright ocean blue eyes. “I’m Riley by the way.” He winked before shutting the door. They had all left, except Harry who was currently laid on Blair’s legs using his phone while she played with his hair. I notice Harry’s wrist had a half heart just like Blair.

I wasn’t good at telling if people were dating or not but they looked like they were and the matching tattoo cleared everything up. Blair got up and announced she was going to take a shower. She had left an I was left with a complete stranger who wasn’t supposed to be here in the first place.

“So, you two-you guys dating?” I ask. That is where I notice he had a lip piercing placed nicely on his plump lower lip and it suddenly made him a lot more attractive. And his lips, shaped into a heart with its dark shade of pink, I realize what I am doing and glance away.

His laugh filled the walls of the small bedroom. Except it was as if I have said something really stupid more like pity. He had a great laugh and dimples too making you want to laugh along but that didn’t stop me from feeling like an idiot.

“She is not my girlfriend.” His deep voice says and slow, emphasizing the not. The slow words coming out from his lips making you want to hear more so I ask him the most obvious question.

“What is she then?”

“What are you, my mother? Stop asking me questions,” He spats,his voice going hoarse.

“What is it with you? Did you wake up on the wrong side of bed?” I say, the tone of my voice seeming to get harsher.

“Again with the questions.” he mutters. That really wasn’t a question.

“You know, this is my room and I could kick you out whenever I please.” I glare at him.

“Well guess what, it’s not your room babe, it’s Blair’s too so, sorry to break your dreams but you can’t” He says harsher now, finally making eye contact with me for the first time. His eyes were dark green with long lashes slapping against his cheek everytime he blinked. His eyebrows pulled together, realizing this is a habit. Not knowing what to say, my eyes look away and slouch on my bed, placing the laptop on my lap.

“Where’s Blair?” I mutter crossing my arms. I don’t want to spend anymore time with this moody idiot.

“The feeling is mutual” He mutters and goes back on his phone and types away. I wanted to rip out his curly head by now.

After 15 minutes later, 15 minutes of me staring at a computer screen, Blair comes rushing out in a pink towel almost resembling to her hair. “Oh, Harry I thought you left, sorry Mia, he’s a bit...moody?” It comes out more like a question rather than a sentence.

“A bit? I was trying to get to know him and he talks to me like if I was garbage!” I cross my arms even tighter.

“Harry, please leave. Mia and I have to get ready” Blair says holding her towel tightly around her body as if it was going to fall off. We both looked at Harry waiting for his answer.

“Fine, I’ll pick you up at 7 along with the other boys” He announces before leaving out the door. An annoyed sigh leaves my lips. “How do you deal with...that?” She laughs. “I get used to it.”

“Anyways, what are you going to wear tonight?” She looks over at me raising an eyebrow.

“That’s the thing, can you help me? I’m not really good at that..but not something inappropriate!” I was not a fan of short dresses at all. She laughs again.

“Sure, anything for my roommate!” She came rushing to hug me. I felt strange because we've just met and we’re already hugging though a smile peeks at my lips. She was very sweet. I feel a vibration in my back pocket and pull back from the hug to answer. “Hello?”

“Honey! How are you? I miss you already! How’s college? Have you made any new friends yet? Ho-” It was my mother, throwing questions at me already. She was always worried about me too much. “Hi mom, I’m good.” not wanting to answer all the questions she asked.

“What are you doing?” She sounds really cheerful, I wonder why. She always putting so much pressure in me and now she was suddenly happy. Mother always pressuring me to be little miss perfect. Thinking she could have full control over me, I was tired of it. Coming to this college was a change, freedom even.

“Studying.” I would never tell her I’m going to a party. Don’t want my ass being kicked, no thank you.

“Oh, that’s my girl! You missing home?” She cheerfully says again. No,

“Yeah, miss my little sister and you of course but anyways, I have to go now Mom, I’m pretty busy right now.Love you, bye.” I rush and close the call. “So what were we doing?” I smile back at Blair as she already had some outfits spread out on the bed.

“Well, as you were talking to your mommy, I got some pretty awesome outfits.” She shows me the first one. It was a short black dress with a sleeve on the side along with a leather jacket. I am not wearing that. It even smells slutty!

“No way I’m wearing that! I’ll just go get something from my wardrobe instead. Thanks for trying to help me.” I turn around and head for my drawer. What she offered basically looked like a blouse rather than a dress, it was way too short to be worn.

“Your wardrobe sucks, let me help you!” She teases. I shake my head no. I want my butt to be covered. She sighs. “Fine, hurry up though. Also there’s change in plans, the boys are going to meet us there. Tyler is going to pick us up. He’s my boyfriend by the way.” She smiles dreamily, staring at the wall. I laugh, “Earth to Blair!” I waved my hand infront of her face.

I had finally decided to wear a red dress that’s appropriate. I had also curled my hair into really nice waves and put some light makeup on. “I’m ready.”

“Woah, nerdypants you look great! Except the dress is a bit..long.” Blaire said. I roll my eyes playfully. I couldn’t really tell if she was being nice or she actually meant it. “You should put on some red lipstick, it would make your outfit look so much better!”

“I don’t know, I’ve never tried it..” I mumble. Before I knew it, she grabs my face and dabs it on my lips. “Gorgeous!” I roll my eyes and went along with her.

There was a knock on the door,it was probably Tyler.

“Hey, woah you girls look great!” He came in and and kissed Blair right on the mouth. So, that’s her boyfriend, not Mr. Moodypants. I mean who would want him as a boyfriend anyways. He’s rude. I would dump him on the first date.

Tyler then took out his hand for me the shake. “Hey I’m Blair’s boyfriend, Tyler.” I shake his hand and smile politely. There are so many attractive boys, how does Blair deal with it? While I was in thought Tyler and Blair have gone back to kissing. I just stood there awkwardly looking at anything but them.

“Let’s go babe, we’re late” Blair mumbled as she pulled away from the kiss. He groaned in annoyance, “Fine.”

Couples were grinding on each other, the music blared through the giant speakers as we passed by them, my hands reaching over my ears to cover the deafening sound. Red cups coming to sight as we got deeper into the party. A body jerking towards me and letting me take a peek confirming it was not water. Blair affirming the grip on my hand as leading the way pushing through bodies to where her crew was. We finally reached them. They were laughing along to something Jace had said, some with a red cup in their hands others with cigarettes and others with nothing. Harry was even laughing, his usual green eyes were now accompanied by crinkles on the sides, the one who laughed me earlier for calling his best friend his girlfriend. A smile pulling at my lips,he looked less moody.

Blair pulled my hand pulling me closer to the crew. She greeted each one as I stood behind her like a child behind her mother. Jace came over and whispered in my ear, “You came” He bit his lip.

“Yeah.” The boys were whistling and teasing now except Harry. Harry just stared hard at me, Green eyes turning dark as the forest. What’s his problem? Is it me that causes him to go in a bad mood?

“Wanna dance babe?” He breathily whispered, making me look back at him. I could feel his hot breath trickling down my neck. His lips so close to my ear, I felt them brush against my earlobe and I hear myself gasp. He smirked satisfied with my reaction.

“Um, no thanks.” I glanced around for a chair to sit in, jackpot, right there next to blair. He grabbed my wrist.

“C’mon babe not again. Let’s go.” He pulls my body into the dance floor. His hands slowly traveling to my waist, my skin covering in goosebumps. His hands guiding my waist to the slow beat of the music. He pulls me closer, our chests closer. His lips were on my ear again. “Dance for me babe.” He whispers before his lips enclose around my earlobe,sucking them. I gasp again, what was he doing? My breaths were now faster, his lips travelling down to below my ear. His right hand travels dangerously up to my breast and that’s when I knew this should stop. I pull away.

“What are you doing?”

“Trying to make you feel good.” He smirks before pulling my face towards him to kiss him forcefully on the lips. His lips were soft but that didn’t stop the kiss from feeling rough and forceful.

“Stop.” I use my hand to push his chest back away from my body.

“Babe it’s ok, don’t worry.” He assures but it’s not.

“Mate, you should stop.” I heard a voice warn from behind,his voice hold familiarity. It was Harry. He was giving the death glare before and now he’s defending me? I do not get this boy at all.

“Why are you here, go play around with Carmela and leave me alone.” Jace says grabbing my arm and pulling me behind him. He smiles at me reassuring it’s all okay.

“Clearly she doesn’t want to dance with you, just leave the poor girl alone.” A smirk peeks his lips.

“Leave me the f*** alone I said!” He’s screaming now. I tried calming him down by putting my hand on his shoulder and calling his name softly. I didn’t want a fight to start all because of me. Jace ignored me giving a death glare to Harry and approaching his figure. I was afraid to approach them so I stood there dumbfounded.

“Now mate I didn’t come to fight but just leave her alone.” He grabbed my arm and pulled me towards him. Eyes holding fear,I close them shut to shut down the seat that was in front of me.

“We’ll talk later.” Jace left disappearing into the sea of people. It was that easy, wow I could have done that.

“Thanks for defending me.” I smile Maybe he wasn’t so bad after all. He just needed a few smiles here and there and maybe he could lighten up.

“I wasn’t defending you. He just likes to mess around with girls and you seemed too innocent to realize it.” He was smirking now as if I was a stupid idiot once again. I spoke too soon, he is bad after all.

“What’s that supposed to mean? That you think I’m stupid enough to let him rape me? I would’ve defended myself, I didn’t need your help at all. ” I roll my eyes at his rudeness and walk over to Blair who was talking to a purple haired girl who had a nose piercing and more tattoos than Blair.

“How’d it go with Jace?” She eyes me suspiciously.

“Bad, he almost had a fight with Harry and Harry is still being rude to me. I don’t get that boy, he might need therapy.” I huffed. Blair laughed.

“You want a drink?” Blair asked pouring the drink into the red cup.

“Oh no thanks I don’t drink.” I shook my head, my eyes growing big.

“Leave it to Blair to bring little miss priss to a frat party.” purple haired girl mumbles a little too loudly under her breath.

I am going to pretend I didn’t hear so I don’t have to think of a comeback. Little miss priss? I am in no way “prissy” I worked and studied hard to get where I am today to make my mother proud.

“I’m going to get some fresh air.” I say and walk away. I wasn’t liking this at all and I wanted to go home except Blair looked like she was having fun and I didn’t want to bother her.

I walked out to the backyard, couples were making out while others were smoking under the dim lights. I knew I shouldn’t have agreed to come go the this frat party. I sigh, I could have been curled up in my pajamas on bed reading an interesting novel. Right now, anything was better than sitting outside with a couple of drunk idiots. I decide to go back inside and the sound of party music fills my ears.

“Oh my god I-I’m so sorry! It was a total accident! Oops!” I hear a high pitched voice a second after I feel my dress soak with a cold liquor. I gasp as I feel the liquor leak down on my thighs.

“I’m sorry!” She smiles as if she meant to do it after all, she looks back at her friends, her friends just laugh at me.

I wanted to pull off the girl’s dyed blond hair so hard so she’d fall to the ground but,I didn’t.“ It’s okay” I sigh walking away and trying to find the bathroom. I push my way through the crowded hall and try to open every door on my way but they wouldn’t bulge.

I decide to go upstairs and continue my hunt for the bathroom. There has to a bathroom somewhere. As I put my hand on the next door handle, I realize this door out of all doors isn’t locked so I push it open to find it being another bedroom. Except this one had Harry laying across the bed, his lips on the purple haired girl’s who was busy straddling him.

I try to get out and step out of the run but my feet wouldn’t budge.

She pulls away from his lips and looks over at me smirking. “May I help you?” Harry catches on and sits up, his arms supporting him. Harry just looks at me with a broad expression. He must do these things all the time, he really is disgusting and the worst of it all, Molly doesn’t even care.

“Oh-I...Um, I was looking for a bathroom and yeah.” I stutter,explaining my situation, looking down at my toes who wiggled out.

“Well go find a bathroom then and can you please get out? You interrupted something.” She kisses Harry on the lips, sticking her tongue into his mouth. She then glances and laughs at my appalled expression.

“Yeah, sorry” I close the door behind me and leave them to continue. I move the s passed through the swarming hall decide to clean myself in the kitchen.

I grab a few paper towels and rub them over my soaked dress only making it worse. I let out a agitated grunt while hearing a chuckle from behind.

“Having fun?” Riley slips next to me with a red cup in hand, a knowing smile peeks his lips as if he knew all.

“Not really” I sigh referring to my clammy dress. “Where’s Blair?”

“She’s over there” His pointer finger points over to the next room revealing a dancing Blair on top of the wooden table. She was along with another girl, shaking their bottoms in an inappropriate way. She laughs as a random drunken guy slaps her ass.

My eyes widen as I divulge a gasp. A hand is placed on my shoulder as I hear “They’re just dancing Mia” He chuckles at my reaction.

Blair seems to spot me because her eyes gleam in excitement. “Mia! Over here, come here!” She slurs while swinging her hips side to side. I shake my head no repeatedly.
She reassures the girl next to her before climbing down the table. She is now coming forward to me as I had a terrified face. No way I’m getting myself into this! “Miaaa! Come and dirty dance with us” She giggles at herself,barely being able to stand on her own two feet.

"No, now way! I am not going up there!” My eyes about to fall out of their sockets.

"I feel dizzy, oh" And that's when I officially regretted coming to this party. She spilled her guts out right in front of me. I feel a gag shoot up my throat as I see the mess upon me but stop it right in time with a gulp.

"I’m taking her upstairs” He lifts her fragile body over his shoulder. “Follow me”
He leads us upstairs into a bedroom with a bathroom. He lets her eject the rest as I hold pink hair away from her frail face. “Take her across the hall and let her sleep, you could stay there if you want” He smiles, reading my mind. I didn’t want to leave her alone.

I manage to drag her down the hall despite her soft groans. Placing her frail body on the bed I began to wonder about around the room. I found myself fully awake despite all the awful things that happened to me. Why did I even agree to come to this party anyway? I glance at the many books that were placed on the shelves and decide to look at one that caught my eye.

“What the hell are you doing in my room?” A voice blared from behind me as the door burst open.

I slowly make my way to the direction of the voice, it was Harry. Making eye contact with frightful eyes, he repeats the question, just as bitter as the first time he said it. “Did you hear me, I said what the hell are you in my room?” His long legs stride towards me leaving a foot between us. He snatchs the book out of my hand put it back in place.

“I..” is all that releases from my lips. I wanted to curse him out for being rude to me but nothing manages to come out. He steps closer now , a smirk decorating his pink lips. He enjoys the reaction he’s gotten out of me. I attempt to back away but my back hits the bookcase. He’s got me cornered now, leaving a few inches away from his face. I wince feeling he was going to hurt me.

“Open your eyes, I’m not going to hurt you.” His voice is low and enthralling. My head having to tilt back to see his height looming over me, his mesmerizing emerald eyes locking on mine. He slips his pink tongue out and slowly drags them across his lips, hitting his lip ring glancing at my lips that were slightly trembling in fear.

“Just get out of my room.” His coy smirk fades away as he steps away from the wall leaving a distant space between us. The tone of his voice going from enthrall to bitter.

“Gladly” I say with a sharp voice. I storm away and close the door behind me.

I didn’t get his troubled self, the proximity of his lips to mine was unbearable,making my heart beat faster. I hated it. I hate him, he can’t possibly think I was craving him, I hated him and his stupid moody self. I was upset that I let him believe I was intimidated by him. It showed him I was weak and vulnerable when I was not. I was not going to let him believe something I’m not, I will prove him wrong.

The first thing I see as I go in is Connor’s features holding fear before seeing Harry standing in front of him. Harry wearing his usual olive beanie, revealing soft brown hair. His tattoos being seen through his white shirt as he laughed at Connor over sometime I couldn’t put my ears on. I walk over to him “ What’s going on?”

“You found the lamest kid to befriend” He smirks, his striking dimples doing things to my heart. Pushing the sudden thought I find the courage to prove him wrong.

“He isn’t lame, he happens to be sweet and smart, qualities you don’t seem to have. Go take a seat pretty boy and leave my friend alone.” I smile making eye contact with raging Harry who seems has nothing to say to my comment as he makes way to his seat. I smile, knowing I defeat Harry.

“Woah,how’d you do that?” Connor no longer looking afraid but excited as to learning my ways. “Usually no one can stop Harry! Are you an angel sent from above for me?!”

Laughing, I say, “No not that I know of but I didn’t want him to hurt my friend.” I smile making him smile as well. The rest of the period goes well, Connor and I sharing a few smiles here and there.

“That was so much fun it gets me excited when we read about-” Connor beams as we are walking in the long hallway. I loved how we shared the same feelings to reading and related to each other on a lot of things. My lips twisting into a smile sharing happiness with the delighted boy next to me before hearing someone call my name.

“Hey Mia.” his low voice speaks with his usual captivating smirk.

“I thought I told you not to bother us.” I say looking straight ahead of me, some part of me told me to look but I’m afraid I’d fall into his green orbs.

“You’re getting feister every time we chat Mia” He chuckles. Making eye contact with him, even if he had a cold heart,his smiles could somehow warm your insides. I stop myself from spilling a smile of admiration. I cherished the way his dazzling eyes grew small while glistening when he smiled really big.

"Stop staring at me.” He mumbles turning to a corner before I could respond. He confuses me in many ways I couldn’t explain. His impulsive self made me want to discover more about him, he was strange but it attracted me more to him. There were layers within him that needed to be revealed, he was troubled but it had to be for a reason.

The rest of the week had gone pretty well,ignoring Harry as much as possible and perceived Connor and his delightful self.

“What do you think of this one?” He smiles holding his phone up to reveal a picture of a kitten with soft white fur. We were currently looking at pictures of cats while entering the populous cafeteria. My nostrils filled with the faint smell of pepperoni pizza making me tingle with excitement.

“Mia, right?” I hear a voice come from above me as I take a seat the smell of the warm delight in front of me making it want me to devour it. Glancing up, I immediately regret as I see some I dreaded to see. Purple haired girl was standing there one hand on her hips while waiting for an answer. Her unusual colored hair styled in a high ponytail while the color of her lips were blood red, she wore a tight shirt that hugged her curves and her breasts almost full on display.

“Yeah? I don’t think I know yours?” I ask raising an eyebrow, curious as to how she find out my name. I think back to Harry having his hands on her hips as she shoves his tongue down his throat. Harry, he told her my name. Curiosity crept towards me as I wondered what they said about me and why they would talk about me.

“Britney, call me Bri but anyways are you coming to the party tonight?” She smiles, a knowing smile seeming to remember the incident.

“There’s another one?” I ask my eyes goes wide

“Yeah there’s one every friday.” She says like if it’s stating the obvious. Her features suddenly light up and and gives in a sneaky smile,“Ok, so Jace told me not to tell you this but he wants to see you” Somehow I felt she was lying, they only liked me to make fun of how pure I was. Why was Jace so interested in me anyway? Didn’t he get upset with Harry? My eyebrows furrowed in confusion at the thought of their strange friendship. I shake my head no as I reach over to the appetizing delight.

“Too bad, Jace really wanted to see you” She pouts thinking it’ll convince me.

“I doubt that!” I laugh remembering the awkward incident.

“We could’ve doubled dated you know.” smiling, she bites her lip. Harry that’s who came in mind when she mentioned double dating. That would’ve not worked out at all. Anyways, Harry is really moody. How is she even interested in him?

“but-” I say wanting to remind how rude I was that day to him but she doesn’t let me finish.

“He’s over it, he still wants you bad” She smirks. “Well bye!” She blows a kiss and walks away swaying her hips with every step. I roll my eyes and turn to Connor who was too busy staring at her butt. Waving my hand in front of his face, he turns to me and I shake my head. “Oh Connor! Eat your pizza slice you bad boy.” I laugh and his face goes red.

“Why not?” Blair says a little too loudly throwing the pillow at my face. She was blabbing about how great this party was going to be.

“I’d rather stay home eat pizza and watch movies on netflix.” I grab the next pizza slice and stuff into my mouth. I moan in appreciation as my taste buds take in the beautiful taste. Before i know it the slice is gone and Blair just sits there, her eyebrow raised in surprise.

“Anyways, I don’t want to go” typing into the keyboard. Suddenly a sign pops up making me groan out in annoyance. Clicking on the refresh button doesn’t help and I groan again. Blair laughs.

“It’s a sign. The computer is telling you to go to the party.” She teases raising an eyebrow.

“No it’s not.”

“Let’s go come on get your ass up, I have an outfit already prepared for you and it’s not as inappropriate.” She rolls her eyes at the last word.

“Let me see it first.” I state getting my “ass” up as she walks over to her closet. She holds up a laced snow white blouse with a pair of dark jeans, I smile it isn’t as bad as I expected. Nodding my head in agreement, she claps her tiny hands together while reaching over her curler and her tiny makeup bag.

***
Red cups seeming familiar by now as they come into sight. I don’t bother to see what liquid it contained, knowing the answer from the last party. The usual roaring of music going on while couples dancing erratically. Shaking my head and turning over to Blair, she seemed to have her attention drifting into something else, she waves at something in front of her. I glance as a laughing crew comes towards us. Suddenly feeling shy, my head bows down scanning the interesting floor tile.

“You don’t look like you're going to church, you actually look great.” I roll my eyes as Harry laughs,his eyes raking down my body. Eyes looking up to met his emerald stare, I notice he didn’t look bad either. His arousing body adorned by a red flannel which the first couple of buttons were revealed by tanned skin and some ink. And those lips never failed to amaze me,so pluMy hand reach over the adjust my shirt and suddenly wishing to come with a loose fitting shirt. “ I’m surprised you’re here”

“What, you think I can’t have fun?” I challenge him, glaring at him.

“No I thought you’re type of fun would be reading a new novel or some s*** like that.” He laughs at his own joke while I glare at his tantalizing face.

Jace interrupts our argument. “Hey Mia.” he smiles, “You wanna play truth or dare with us?” I found it strange how he forgot all about the last incident and how he didn’t even feel a bit awkward about it.

I hesitated at the thought but pushed it away from my mind, “Sure!” I smile as I take his hand which he pulls me towards a chatty crew. The rest of the night consisted of daring each other to do juvenile dares and some even a bit naughty. I of course did most truths and did some dares. These dares were to prove to prove Harry I was not a nerd and could have fun. Some part of me regretted this choice because my head has started spinning, increasing the amount of wanting to throw up.

“Excuse me.” I announce getting away from crowded atmosphere going upstairs. Deciding to open a random door, I sit down on the cold bed, the room spinning uncontrollably suddenly wasn’t as bad. Letting out a groan I lay back on the comfortable bed. My arms spreaded above me, my eyes slowly close.

“What part of no one can come in my room didn't you understand!” A voice booms above me. Eyelids parting open, I spot a frantic Harry above me. “Get out.”

“Why don’t you like me? What have I done? I don’t get it.” I say slurring my words. Before I knew it, tears escaped my eyes and soft sobs escaping my lips. Wasn’t sure if it was the vodka going on effect or if I felt this way about Harry but his expression confused me. It seemed as he was debating whether to help or not. He sat beside me, emerald stare burning into my soul.

“I don’t hate you.” His voice is low as his eyes travel down to the carpet, avoiding contact with my own. Yes you do.

“Then what is it? Why do you treat me like I’m s***?” My eyes travel to him, tears waiting to splash down my face. His eyes turn to the sound of my voice, they hold a sudden care and passion.

Jolt takes over my features as he does the unexpected. His lips crash onto mine. My lips move with his,my body wanting to do nothing better than press my lips against his. Maybe it was the proximity between us, maybe it was the way his lips moved when he spoke but right now it felt right. I could feel the cold metal on the corner of my mouth. My body feeling ignited,I’ve never felt this way before. Lips were warm and inviting, I needed more.

My hands reach to his neck as I pull him even closer. Adding the correct amount of forcefulness, his plump lips wrap around my bottom one. The feeling was absolutely exhilarating as he glides his mouth to my top one, mimicking the action. The way his delicate lips moved against mine, it felt right. The way his hand reaches over to grab my hair it felt right, bringing goosebumps to my skin.

And once his slips his warm tongue in my mouth, I am done. His smell, his masculine body against mine, soft lips, his hot breath, his hands gripping my hips, bringing me on top of him. It was as if it brought me to another world. A world where there is no such thing as Bad. I have been kissed before but nothing compared to this. Gripping my thighs from either side as my hands move to his hair to tug at his soft hair earning a soft moan. It rumbled through his chest and I could feel it escape from my lips. It was a wonderful sound making me desire for more. His sudden lose at contact with my lips makes me whimper but before I can complain he moves to my neck. Loving the feeling his tongue feels against my neck.

But a sudden knock on the door stops him from taking my blouse off and I am glad. “Harry?” It’s a high pitched voice. I accelrate of his laps, cheeks burning and sit on the messy bed.

“Coming.” His husky voice says as he stands up and walks over to the door. I look around not knowing what to do. Should I hide? A stern Britney comes to view with her arms crossed.

“Where were you? And why are you with miss prissy b**** here!” She taps her foot impatiently. My fist clench to the familiar word she calls me.

“I needed to take a break and Mia, just get out.” He states so simply yet feeling pain in my heart. My heart sinks all the way to my stomach. I knew I shouldn’t have trusted him He just wanted to play around with me. I didn’t even notice. He doesn’t even like you he just wants to get inside of your pants, my mind warns me but my heart says otherwise. The feel his lips against my own couldn’t fade away my mind. All I knew was that I loved his lips on mine but to him it was just any other pair of lips on his. Tears beginning to start in my eyes, I stand up.

“Yeah I was just leaving.” With a smile forced on my lips,my footsteps were heard against the wooden floor as I left the room I suddenly felt different about.

My eyes burst open, relieved it was all just a dream. Except it isn’t because my head is pounding so hard I could hear in in my mind.That’s what you get for drinking. Harry coming to my pounding mind. I was so stupid for letting the kiss happen. For letting myself feel something different rather than hate. Was it the fullness of his lips, the thunder of his rich voice or was it the smoothness of his voice that couldn’t let my body function normally. Him being present in all my thoughts. I groan and lay back in bed. My phone vibrates beside me, groaning I reach over to answer.

5 Missed calls

Hey Sweetie, you haven’t been answering lately? Everything all right? I just wanted to check up on you so I’m coming to visit! Yay! xo.

Eyes going wide I disclose a gasp, crawling out of my bed’s warmth. I run over to the closet to put on some decent clothes and brush my teeth. Glancing to the other bed beside me, Blair is almost isn’t seen with all the blankets that covered her tiny body.

There’s a knock at the door stopping me from putting on my right sneaker. As I open the door, the figure I hoped to not see was standing against the door frame, his eyes begging for something I couldn't quite figure out.

“Blair’s not awake yet, come back later.” Before I could fully close the door he stops it with his large palm.

“No I don't need Blair,I need to talk to you.” He states while his feet shuffled against the ground .

“I don’t think we need to and don’t worry, I won’t mention the kiss to anybody.” I give him a fake smile before trying to close the door again but fail with his strong grip on the wooden door.

“Yeah, about the kiss,” His captivating eyes lock on mine. He hesitates while picking at his nails, “ I-I can’t stop thinking about it.” Emerald eyes staring for an answer. My heart pounds against my chest. I say nothing at first because I am surprised at his words.

“Mia Clarkson,is this tattooed troublemaker emo boy the reason you’re not answering your phone?” My mother storms behind Harry glaring at him with her nose wrinkled.

“Mom, I can explain I-” I try to explain but she interrupts me, her expression seeming angrier every second .

“Is this what you do in college young lady? You party all night with boys in your room? I drive all the way here, dare I say it to find you being, slutty!” I gasp at her language and shake my head repeatedly, tears pricking my eyes.

She’s always shoving rude words down my throat but this was different. It brung the familiar pang in my heart but ten times worst. I am not “slutty”, I am working so hard for her and all she does is call me slutty?Hot tears stream down my face and it burns like fire.

“She wasn’t doing anything wrong, Mrs. I just came here.” Harry attempts to defend me.

“I wasn’t talking to you! Why would someone like you want to hang around with my daughter anyway?” She sasses to Harry but he seems afraid and his mouth is voiceless.

“Mother” My teeth is gritted between my teeth as I step towards to Harry.

“You’re have really gotten out of control have you? And as for you, please leave! I ban you from talking to my daughter. You are no good influence for her!” She screams while pointing to the abandoned hallway.

He was a bad influence, so bad but his lips told me otherwise they were good. Bad boy, good lips. His lips so sweet like stolen honey. That is all I knew and my body kept asking me for more.

Mean_Beauty4768 BRONZE, Lincoln, Nebraska

“You can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one.”

― Michael McMillian

This is giving me Hardin Scott & Tessa Young Vibes.

Angel04 SILVER said...
on Apr. 13 2018 at 9:56 am
Angel04 SILVER, Houston, Texas

" Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear" ~ Meg Cabot
" I'd rather be pulling a Chevy, than driving a Ford" ~ Grandpa Orta

Amazing! Two thumbs up.

Its so interesting story i hope u  update it