“Friends” | Teen Ink

“Friends”

By Melissa Sanchez, San Diego, California
Melissa Sanchez, San Diego, California

Author's note: My friend inspired me to write this novel because she went trough the same thing.

It was a typical Tuesday, I was helping Saribel with some homework at school.

“Melina, get over here. We have to go!” Chloe yelled while she rolled her eyes.

Chloe is my bestfriend. She is a tall girl with blond hair and blue eyes. She has a tan and she dresses similar to me in crop tops, skirts and shorts. Except she exposes herself a little more. She likes to do her makeup, she always does it really neatly and perfect. Shes is always looking at herself in the mirror and she loves compliments. If Chloe dislikes you she is the biggest b**** ever. She is only nice to popular people and people that do her work. Shes a sophomore just like me and oh, I almost forgot she LOVES attention. Chloe is also very impatient and bossy. When they are talking good about her she is very calm and nice. But when people are talking smack about her she is scandalous and rude. Chloe kept yelling at me to hurry up she was tired of waiting a couple of seconds.

“Wait up! I’m helping Saribel with some homework,” I responded.

“Oh my god hurry up. We don’t have all day!” she yelled.

“Okay, there i’m done. Bye Sarible!!”

Chloe and I started walking out of school when suddenly we saw Julian, a sophomore with brown skater guy hair, hazel eyes, light skin, big muscles, and about six feet tall. I looked right at Julian and thought,

“Hes perfect.”

“Julian!!!” Chloe yelled.

The moment she yelled his name out I felt so much anger inside of me.

“Hey Julian, I wanted to ask you if you wanted hang out down at the beach?” Chloe asked

“Uh, no thank you. I need to do homework and go to soccer practice. Maybe some other day,” Julian responded.

“Awww okay Julian,” Chloe responded in a sad voice then gave him a big hug.

“Since when does she talk to Julian? Does she like him? Or is it one of her little games? Uhggggg should I say something?” I thought.

“Chloe hurry up, like you said we don’t have all day!!!” I yelled.

“I’m going god,” answered Chloe with an attitude while rolling her eyes.

I started walking a little then I turned to look at Julian for the last time, and guess what? He was already looking at me! When he noticed I was looking at him back he smiled at me.

“Julian just smiled at me! I mean its Julian, my crush, HE JUST SMILED AT ME! “Ahhh!” I thought.

Now I have dark brown long hair. I’m not fat or skinny and I’m pretty smart. I consider myself a stylish nerd. I’m tall and light skinned. I have light brown eyes with long eyelashes, and for Julian to smile at a girl like me is pretty amazing!

When I turned to Chloe I noticed she was pretty angry and jealous.

“Let’s go, we have to head home already,” I mumbled.

Chloe just looked and me and started walking home with me. Once we got home we went into my room. My room is pretty big, all my walls are color lavender . Two of my walls are covered in photographs I have taken and the other wall full of random photos.On my window I have a bunch of different kind of plants. I have a king size bed with white covers and a couple of lavender pillows, a shelf with about ten different cameras. I also have another shelf full of trophies and certificates i've received. I have an apple laptop with my Dr.Dre pill speakers connected to it on my desk and a 42 inch plasma tv that is located a couple of inches in front of my bed. Chloe walked towards my bed and sat on it.

“Get your homework out Chloe. You have to finish it or you're going to fail the semester.” I said

“I’m going god, but bump some music. Music helps me finish my homework faster,” Chloe responded.

“Alright, what song?” I asked.

“Mmmm, I don't know um bump something by Drake?”

“Sure!”

I walked towards my laptop and played “Just Hold on We’re Going Home” by Drake.

The Music started playing “I got my eyes on you,You're everything that I see

I want your hot love and emotion endlessly, I can't get over you, You left your mark on me....” The music kept playing. I was about to start doing my homework when Chloe asked me,

“Isn't Julian sooooo cute?”

“Um since when do you talk to him?” I asked instead of responding back.

“I, I, i’ve always talked to him, how do you not know that? I’m always with you.”

“Maybe because you’ve never talked to him.”

“Whatever. Anyway, answer my question!”

“Yeah, hes cute. I mean he’s perfect, he's smart, and he's an athlete. There are not a lot of guys like him now a days.”

“I , I,” I was about to confess that I liked Julian when Chloe interrupted me by saying,

“Right!! I’m totally crushing on him!!”

“Uh, don’t you have a boyfriend? Plus I kinda like him too soo..” I mumbled in a sad voice.

“Who cares. He doesn’t know I like him, and oh well I don't guarantee you anything. You never know if he likes me. I mean why wouldnt he, I’m perfect.”

“Oh my god Chloe only your conceited ass would say that. Anyway lets get back to doing our homework...” I demanded.

“Just hold on we're going home (going home, going home), Hold on” the song finished.

“Um first play another song, then i’ll start working again!” demanded Chloe

“Okay,” I responded with an attitude.

“We clawed, we chained our hearts in vain, We jumped never asking why, We kissed, I fell under your spell, A love no one could deny....” the song “Wrecking Ball” started playing.

We started doing homework and everything was completely silent. I continued to do homework when suddenly Chloe starts packing her stuff.

“I have to go its five already. I need to see Jacob,” Chloe said

“Alright, i'll walk you half way,” I responded.

Chloe and I started heading out the door. What Chloe did not know was that Julian lives only a couple houses always from me and practiced outside his house around five thirty. I started walking Chloe half way.

“There,half way already. See you tomorrow,” I said.

I was about to walk away when Chloe says,

“Alright bye” Chloe gives me a hug and walks home.

I start walking home when suddenly I hear

“Ayeee!!!” in a deep voice.

I turn around and guess who it is? Its Julian!!! I walk towards him.

“Melina right?” Julian asks.

“Yes.” I responded in a shy voice.

“Hahah hi I don’t think you know me but we went school together when we were younger and we have first period together. Anyway, I was wondering if you wanted to play soccer. I heard you play soccer and I need to practice with someone, so do you wanna practice with me?”

“Sure, I need a little extra practice too.”

“Alright then let’s start right now.”

“I dont have my work out cloth on though.”

“Who cares!”

Julian and I started shooting some goals.

“So Melina, i've known you since like kindergarten, but we've never talked.Your fifteen right?”

“Yeah, so are you. Right? ”

“Yes,” Julian answered with a big smile.

“Do you have a boyfriend?” added Julian.

“Why?”

“Just asking!”

“No I do not.” I answered.

“Oh my god Julian asked if I had a boyfriend, oh my god what does that mean ahhhh!” I thought

“Alright well you should hit me up in Facebook, I think I already have you as a friend?” He said.

“Yeah, I think so but um you should message me when you're not busy so I don’t bother you, sounds good?” I asked.

“Perfect, i’ll message you in a bit. Anyway lets get back to shooting some goals.”

“Alright lets start shooting!”

We started dribbling and shooting some goals. I had the ball and I was about to shoot a goal when suddenly I almost accidentally stepped on the ball! I almost fell, but Julian caught me. My heart was beating so fast. I was in his arms.

“You okay Melina?” he asked.

“Yeah I’m okay, but look at the time I have to go” I quickly stood up out of his arms.

“Alright we’re going to practice tomorrow?”

“Sure” I replied while speed walking to my house.

I was so embarrassed I tripped in front of Julian but the best part was actually getting caught by him it was amazing. It was perfect the fact that I was in his arms without being his girlfriend. His catch made me fall for him even more. Once I got home I could not stop thinking of Julian and the fact that I was in his arms I was exhausted because of practice so I feel asleep really quickly.

The next day Chloe and I were walking to school. Once we got to school we saw Julian once again.

“Julian!!!!!” Chloe yelled.

“Wassup?” he replied

“You want to hang out right now? I need a little bit of help in some homework. You can maybe help me?”

“Um... sure why not,” Julian mumbles while looking at me.

I felt really jealous. My best friend flirting with my crush right in front of me when she knows I like him. I looked right back at him with a sad face. He kind of smiled at me, but had an upset face at the same time. Julian and Chloe start walking and left me standing alone like an idiot. I’m left standing so I start walking.When I bump into my other group of friends. I stayed with them and talked. Ten minutes later the bell rang and I went to my first period class. Guess who is in my first period class? Julian! He was about to come in class when Chloe gave him a big hug. I saw Chloe starring in the class with a smirk on her face. Julian came in class and sat two desks away from me. He smiled at me but I was too bummed out to look at him and smile back. I was so bummed out I was not participating in class as much as I always do. All period I felt like someone was staring at me. Well my senses were right. Guess who was staring? Julian was! I think he noticed I was kind of bummed out. Anyway, the bell rang. As I start getting up from my seat I hear,

“Melina!!!” I turned around and it was Julian calling me.

“Wait up, I need to talk to you,” he added.

I stopped for a second and waited for him to come to me.

“Sorry for not messaging you yesterday. I was too busy thinking and I was really tired because of the mini practice we had so I fell asleep, but i’ll message you for sure today.” Julian added.

“Its all good. I was exhausted also, but i’ll be waiting for that message,” I replied with a smile.

“Alright then, see you later.”

I start walking my way and he starts walking his way. The whole day I thought of Chloe and the fact that she was flirting with the guy she knew I liked.

It was seventh period already, the bell was about to ring and I was already packing up. The bells rings and I start walking out to the spot where I usually wait for Chloe. I kept waiting for Chloe. Five minutes past, ten minutes past. Finally fifteen minutes later Chloe comes.

“You had me waiting here like a dumbass for fifteen minutes. What were you doing?” I asked.

“My bad. I was busy talking to Julian. You know, I gave him my number so we can talk later on.”

“You could of at least texted me saying you were coming all late. I could of already gone home. Plus why were you giving him your number? You have a boyfriend Chloe.”

“I don’t care god, I like Julian!”

Chloe and I started walking home. The whole walk we did not speak to each other. She was all into her phone probably texting Julian. We were one block away from my house.

“I’m going this way, I have to get home do a bit of homework then go see Jacob,” Chloe said.

‘K,” I responded.

I was walking home when I heard someone call my name.

“Melina!!!” Julian called. I turned around.

“Yes?” I asked

“Are going to practice today?”

“Yeah sure.”

“Five a clock sounds good? Can we practice a little longer today?”

“Yeah I’ll have enough time to do homework, and yeah sure why not. How long though?”

“Till six thirty?”

“Sure.”

“Alright then, see you in a bit.”

I started walking home, as soon as I entered my room I went straight to my computer to check my facebook. When I logged into my facebook I saw I had three unread messages. Guess who one of them was? Julian! just saying a simple hello. I replied with a hi and that same minute I replied he replied to me. We started talking for about thirty minutes until I told him that I had to do homework. I logged off and started doing my homework. Time passed so slowly. I wanted it to be five o'clock already so I could see Julian. Finally it was five. I started heading out, when I see that Julian was already waiting for me outside of my lawn.

“Hey,” Julian said with a smile.

“Ready to practice?” he added.

“Hello, and yes I’m ready” We started walking to his lawn. Finally we were there and we start shooting some goals and dribbling the soccer ball. An hour passed and he stopped the ball.

“I told you we were going to practice for little longer but the truth is I just wanted to hang out for a little bit more to get to know you a little better,” Julian confessed.

“Its all good. You could of just told me you wanted to hang out. I would of brought some food,” I answered.

“I already thought about that. I supposed you were going to be hungry after practice so I took the time to order some pizza and wings. You like pizza right?”

“Of course I do. It’s one of my favorite foods!”

“Mine too,” Julian replied with a smile.

We were sitting outside of his lawn waiting for the pizza. Five minutes later the pizza guy came. Julian stood up and paid the pizza when suddenly my phone rings. Guess who it was? Chloe!

“Hello?” Chloe asked

“Why you calling me for?” I answered

“What are you doing? I need some help on some homework. Can you help me?”

“No sorry i’m kinda busy right now ill help you in the morning.”

“Why I need help right now, wait what exactly are you doing?”

“Its none of your business Chloe, I have to go bye” I clicked

“Who was that?” asked Julian

“Oh it was Chloe, I told her I was kind of busy unless you want me to call her and she can come though?”

“No its all good its better only me and you, plus I thinks she likes me shes always all up on me.”

“I don’t know i've been kind of mad at her lately she's been acting like a b****.”

“Oh, well lets eat some pizza i’m starving!!! ” Julian and I sat down on the grass we began to eat pizza.

“So, how’s your pizza?” Julian asked

“Its delicious,” I giggled

“Glad you liked it, I was worried that you weren't going to like it.”

“Hahah no I love any kind of pizza.”

We continued to eat. Twenty minutes past and we were finally done eating.

“We still have ten minutes left of “practice” how about we just kick it here for the rest of the time or you want me to walk you home already?” Julian asked

“We can hang out I don't have anything important to do anyways so yeah.”

“So you said you didn't have a boyfriend why is that?”

“The guy I like doesn't know I like him and I don't think he likes me.”

“Well that guy must be stupid if he doesn't like you because you're beautiful, you're not like other girls your smart, funny, you're perfect.”

“There is not a lot of girls like you now a days.” Julian added

“Thnaks. Whats your opinion on girls that have a boyfriend and yet flirt with alot of other guys just because her boyfriend does not go to the same school as her?” I said while blushing

“I think thats just wrong, I mean if you're with somebody and he's not at your school it does not give you a right to flirt with other guys I mean might as well be single if you're going to be a whore.”

“I agree with you, I just wonder how you can actually stand lying to a person like that.”

“Right, I hate those types of girls.” Julian and I continued talking

“Shoot look at the time it’s almost seven I have to go Julian.” I stood up and right when I was about to leave I hear,

“Wow you don’t even say goodbye with a hug? I see how it is.”

I walk up to Julian and give him a hug right when I was about to let go he didn't not let go of me.

“Alright bye Julian,” I said.

“Wait, let me walk you home yeah?” Julian asked

“ AHHHHHHHHH I JULIAN JUST GAVE ME A LONG HUG, AND NOW HE WANTS TO WALK ME HOME OH MY...” I thought in my mind

“Sure,” I responded.Julian and I start walking to my house.

“Okay we’re here.” Julian said

“Alright Julian i'll see you tomorrow. Bye!” I responded.

“Alright Melina.”

Julian pulls my arm and gives me a big hug once again it lasted about five seconds longer than the previous one.

“That was a long hug,” I said

“Ha my bad I got a little carried away anyways goodnight.”

“Goodnight Julian,” I said and turned with a big smile in my face.

I turn around once again and I saw Julian moving his hands while saying YES!!! pretty loudly. I don’t think he knew I was still standing there. I got inside and went straight to my room and checked my facebook to update a status.

“Great day today <3” I posted. Then I noticed I had 4 unread messages and one of them was from Julian. When I was about to click the message I got a notification. The notification read that Julian and 3 other people liked my status. Then I clicked on my messages and finally read Julians message. The message read,

“I had an awesome afternoon with you, we should hangout more often (: <3”

“Yeah I had a lot of fun with you, and sure why not c:” I replied.

Julian and I talked all day on facebook till nine because I had to take a shower. When I was done taking a shower I fell asleep right away. I was so exhausted because of practice.

Chapter 3

The next morning I did not call Chloe to pick me up. I started walking to school alone.Once I got to school I saw Chloe but to avoid her I walked the other way.

“Melina!!!” Chloe yelled my name out across school.

I turned with an annoyed face and replied,

“Whaaaaat??” in an angry voice.

Chloe came running to me.

“I need some help in my homework, remember I told you yesterday but you were too busy doing I don’t know what!”

“ Uh fine, what do you need help on?”

Right when Chloe was taking her homework out she saw Julian pass by.

“Ummm nevermind, I just remembered I didn't need help I actually did it yesterday,but thanks I have to go!” Chloe said while running in back of Julian.

“Julian wait up!” Chloe yelled out

Julian taking his earphones of his ears says “Wassup?”

“Uh I need.....” I heard Chloe say, I couldnt hear what she told him because they were too far to actually hear what they were saying. I walked and chilled with my other friends. Ten minutes later the bell rang and I start walking to my first period class.

“Melina!!!” Julian Yelled

“I have to go bye,” I heard Julian telling Chloe.

“No hug oh okay?” Chloe replied

“Uh no sorry I have to go catch up to Melina.”

Chloe rolled her eyes and just went walked towards her classroom she looked a little mad.

“Hey hhahahah” Julian said

“Hey,” I replied.

“You should sit by me in first period or do I sit with you?”

“You can sit with me haha, I like my seat so yeah.”

“Alright then, lets walk a little faster or else we will be late.”

Julian and I start walking a little faster when suddenly I get a text from Chloe. The text read

“Thanks for taking Julian away from me D:<”

I clicked on it on purpose but did not reply so she can know I saw it but did not take the time to reply. The first 4 periods past by really fast. It was lunchtime I was walking towards the table where my other friends were sitting at.

“Melina” Chloe yelled

“Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat” I replied

“You can keep Julian , Its like whatever I have a boyfriend anyways.”

“Oh okay Thanks I guess, I have to go bye” I said and walked away.

“I’ll look for you after school okay!” Chloe yelled while I was walking.

I just nodded my head and continued to walk to my destination.Since then I was just thinking about how Chloe “let me have” him all day. Finally it was after school and I was walking out my class when I see Chloe actually waiting for me where we usually wait for each other. I walked towards her.

“How was seventh period?” Chloe asked

“Good I guess why the question?” I responded

“Just asking hahaha, anyways have you talked to Julian?”

“Yeah, i've been practicing with him lately for like two hours. Why?”

“Uh just a random question ahhahaha what time?”

“From like five to seven sometimes a little past seven.”

“Oh nice where at?”

“His house like outside why do you keep asking so much questions I feel like i’m getting investigated or something.”

“Hahaha no i’m just a little curious.”

“Oh okay well lets start walking home I need to do a lot of homework”

“Alright.”

Chloe and I started walking home.

“So I noticed that you actually like Julian,” Chloe said.

“Uh yeah why would I lie about that haha?”

“I don’t know? I think you guys should go out.”

“You think so?”

“Sure,” Chloe mumbled while rolling her eyes.

“Uh okay.”

“Okay well we have one more block left and I need to go this way to get home.”

“Alright bye.” I said.

Chloe gives me a hug and walks to her house.When I got home first thing I did was go on facebook like I always do. I had five messages. One of them was from Julian. The message read

“Chloe just texted me saying she was coming to practice because you invited her? I thought it was only going to be me and you? ):”

“Wuttttttt. I never invited her anywhere I swear, -.- She was asking me all these questions on our way home and I told her about us practicing everyday for like two hours but she never told me she was coming by and practicing with us she doesn't even play soccer she hates it. I’m going to text her right now!” I replied.

“Alright, I say we practice somewhere else? Because what if she actually comes ._. ?” Julian asked me on facebook.

“Yeah, lets practice some where else lets go to the park, the one that is about four block away pick me up at 4:30 now (:?” I replied

“Sound perfect how about I take you out to eat when we are done practicing? To wings-and-things?” Julian asked

“You don’t have to /.\ but if you want i'll love to go out and eat with you (: but I gtg I have do homework. See you in a bit (:” I replied

“Alright bye :*” Julian replied

Right when I logged off of facebook I picked up my Iphone and texted Chloe saying,

“Why did you tell Julian I invited you to practice with us? You know dam well I never invited you anywhere. Plus you don't even like soccer. D:<” Once I send the text I took out my homework and started doing it. Fifteen minutes later Chloe replies,

“I wanted to hang out with you guys too so I invited myself (: wut? you wanted some more alone time with him... no... Oh and all of a sudden I like soccer and I wanna practice. (: I’ll be there at five o'clock. :*”

“ Uh -.- I thought you “let me have him” I thought you weren't going to chop at him anymore Chloe, Why the hell do you do this to me arent we “bestfriends” Ugh whatever come whenever you want but watch Karma is a b****.” I replied

That same minute Chloe read it but did not reply so, I continued to do my homework.Thirty sixteen minutes later I finished my homework and I had twenty five minutes left before the clock hit 4:30. I started getting ready, I put my black adidas sweats on with a white adidas shirt, my old black vans that look more brown than black now, and I put my hair up in a bun with a cute white bow because I wanted to look cute but sporty at the same time. I also got my black nike bag ready I put a lavender nike mini towel, my brush, my deodorant and a my sweet pea perfume.

It was time to go I came out my room. I was about to text Julian to come and pick me up when I look out my window and he was already here! He also had a rose in his hand.I picked my black nike bag, opened the door and started walking towards him.

“A beautiful rose for a beautiful gir,l” Julian smiled while handing me a big red rose.

“Thank you,”I said while blushing.

“Lets start walking, we don’t want Chloe to see us leave,” Julian said.

We Started walking to the park and talking at the same time.

“I never thought we were going to be friends, i’m so glad we are.” Julian

“Hhaha right!” I replied

“Yeah ahaha, I remember when we were all small and stuff I was so shy to talk to you. But remember when all our friends will tag in the monkey bars. Or when we use to always sit together in a group at lunch.”

“Yeah, I remember I would always catch your staring but I kept I was too shy to smile at you ahhaha”

“Hahaha yeah, you were so beautiful I miss 7th grade. You're still beautiful by the way.”

“Hahaha yeah and you never talked to me! And thank you.”

Suddenly Julian's phone started vibrating.

“Its Chloe!” He mumbled

“Hello?” He added

“I’m on my way can’t wait to hang out” Chloe said in an excited voice.

“Okay aha gotta go okay bye” Julian clicks.

“We need to hurry up and get to the park shes on her way already.” Julian told me

“Alright.”

We started walking faster because we did not want Chloe to see us leaving her. Once we got to the park we started practicing right away. We tried to do some tricks with the ball then we started to dribble the ball, when suddenly my phone rings.

“Hello?” I answered

“Where you guys at? Im here!” Chloe said

“Oh Julian never told you? We canceled practice because he had to go somewhere with his mother.” I replied

“Oh okay. Then where you at?”

“I’m with my mom at the store so I have to go bye.” I said then clicked.

“It was Chloe right?” Asked Julian.

“Yeah I made something up so we don't have to worry about her hahaha lets get practicing.”

“Wait I want our first picture together.” Julian said

“Hahaha okay lets take a couple cause I want some in my phone too.”

“Lets just take them in your and you'll send them to me through facebook. Yeah?”

“Yeah.”

We started to make silly faces and took the photo. We took another just smiling while he was hugging me. And in the last picture he gave me a kiss on cheek while I was doing kissy lips.

“Okay thats enough” I said.

“HAHA okay, lets start practicing. “ Julian answered

We started shooting some goals and played a little game with some strangers. After an hour Julian asks

“I’m getting hungry. Let’s go eat now?”

“Yeah sure,” I replied.

I picked up my nike bag, got my mini lavender nike towel and wiped my face with it. Then picked up the big red rose that Julian gave me and waited for Julian to finish gathering his stuff.

“Ready?” Julian asked.

“Ready,” I said with a smile.

We started walking to wings and things it was only a couple of blocks away from the park.

“Are you hungry?” Julian asked

“Yeah ahhaa I actually felt the workout today so i’m actually really hungry.”

“Okay good. Have you ever been to wings and things?”

“Yeah I have.”

“Oh okay so you do know what to order?”

“Yeah.”

“Can you please tell me so I can order while your getting a table for us?”

“Yeah uh I want the single meal with the sweet chili boneless wings.”

“Oh okay Thats what I always get haha. What drink do you want?”

“Haha nice, and I would like some pink lemonade.”

“Alright then.”

Julian and I continued to walk we still had one more block left. Chloe called me once again but I ignored the call. She also called Julian twice but he ignored the calls too. We were finally at the place.

“Do you want to seat on the spongy chairs or a table with regular chairs but for two?” I asked

“A table for two sounds good, i’ll be there in a sec okay i’ll just order our food.”

“Um, ill get the table but after i’ll go to the restroom okay.”

“Okay ill be waiting,” Julian responded with a smirk.

Once I chosed our table I went to the bathroom and washed my face because I was kind of sweaty still. I put some deodorant and some perfume. I took my bun off and made myself a braid and put my bow on the back of my head. After five minutes of being in the restroom I finally got out.

“You fixed your hair no wonder you took a little long,” Julian said

“Yeah ahah I felt all nasty,” I said while trying to sit down

“Number twenty-three Number twenty-three,” The cashier yelled

“Thats us, i'll be back” Julian said

“I’ll go with you and i’ll serve us some drinks what kind of soda do you want?” I responded

“I want sprite.”

“Oh kaaay”

We walked towards our food. I got the cups and went to the soda station and served sprite in one cup and pink lemonade in the other. I started walking over to our table.

“I’ll help you with those,” Julian said while coming towards me

“Haha thanks” I responded.

“I can’t believe i’m actually going to eat with Julian!!! And he gave me a rose !!!!!!” I thought in my mind

He grabbed the drinks out of my hand and walked them to our table.

“Okay this one is yours,” He handed me over my plate which included 5 boneless wings with three pieces of carrots, three pieces of celery and two pieces of bread.

“Thank you,” I said.

“No problem,” Julian responded.

I just smiled at him. We started to eat our food.

“So did you like the rose I gave you?” Julian asks

“I loved it, its so pretty and big,” I replied

“I asked for the most beautiful flower.”

Julian smiled then I smiled back and then continued to eat. When I finished eating what I had in my mouth I said

“It is beautiful. Anyways thank you!”

“For?” Julian asked.

“Everything, the flower, the food, everything that has happened in the last couple of days,” I said in a shy voice.

“You don’t have to thank me, but honestly these past days have been awesome..”

“I agree, I really like hanging out with you.”

“I do too. Remember when we were smaller we would rarely talk, who would of thought we were going to start hanging out once we were older.”

“Right, I was thinking the same thing. We should of talked in elementary and middle school.”

“Yeah I regret not talking to you. To be honestly I used to have the biggest crush on you back in middle school.’

“WOOOOOOOW, why didnt you ever talk to me.”

“I've liked you since we were smaller, I love you Julian” I thought in my head but was too scared to admit it.

“I dont know I was like a little skinny nerd, you've always been beautiful so I thought I didn't have a chance.”

“If only you knew Julian....” I thought

“Well, you could've talked to me because also had a crush on you.” I admitted while blushing.

I took a bite of my chicken then of my carrot on purpose.

“Oh well I didn't know that. Anyways...” Julian said then stuffed his mouth with bread then took a bite of his chicken. I stayed quiet and continued to eat.

“So... do you like anybody?” he added.

“You already asked me that, like 2 days ago..”

“I know but I really want to know who your crush is. Hes such a lucky guy...”

“I’ll tell you some other day. Who do you like huh?” I asked.

“Uh I honestly don’t know I think I have a crush on some girl but i’ll tell you when i’m sure of it.”

“Alright, so what do you think of Chloe?”

“Honestly shes kind of cute but I don't know she looks like she doesn't take stuff seriously and like she doesn't care about school. I like girls that are smart and care about school not act dumb just to look cute.”

“Chloe never really does her work, I have to like make her do her work when shes at my house.”

“Daaaaammm... I don’t know I think I should talk to her a little more I mean shes your bestfriend.”

“I guess... I mean you can if you want.”

“Alright...” Julian said in a mysterious voice.

I took a sip out of my cup of lemonade and continued to eat and used my phone at the same time. I checked my facebook and I saw a message form a kid from school named David. The message read

“Hey cutie (;”

“Hey?” I replied

I saw Julian looking at me from the tip of my eye, I look up and he looked down and pretended he was eating this whole time. My phone vibrated on the table. I got a message on facebook it said

“Your Melina form school right? the really cute one? wyd?”

“Yeah i’m Melina but I don't know about the cute part but not much just eating with my friend Julian and you?” I replied.

Then I put my phone down on the table and continued to eat. It got really quiet since we stopped talking about Chloe. My phone vibrated once again.

“Julian the one with the skater hair? Does he play soccer? and not much talking to a really cute girl <3 (;” The message from David read.

“Yeah him? And oh cool.” I replied

“Hes the homieeeeeee.” he replied

I set my phone down on the table once again and did not reply to David. I continued to eat.

“Who were you talking to? If I may know?” Julian asked.

“Uh..I don't even know his name is David Ortiz, He just messaged me saying hi cutie.”

“David? Whaaaaaaat? That's my homie...”

“Oh well he messaged me I don't know..”

“Dam “homies” now a days can't back off....” Julian mumbled.

“Back off?” I asked

“Uh nevermind.” Julian said in a mysterious voice

“Tell me....”

“Forget it”

Julian continued to eat his chicken, he took a bite out of his bread and dipped his carrot in the ranch and started eating it. I kept checking my phone just because everything got awkward.

“Did he tell his homies he liked me? Back off why back off? Maybe he likes me !!!” I thought in my mind.

“Uh its so quiet now, I see you're almost done eating..” Julian said

“Yeah, you're almost done too.”

“Five more minutes and i’ll walk you home?” Julian asked

“Yeah,” I started eating my last chicken piece and my last piece of bread. He ate his last piece of carrot and he was done. Julian drank out of his soda and waited till I was done eating. When I was finally done I was about to get up when I hear

“I’ll throw it away for you.” Julian stood up and took the tray out of my hand.

“Thank you,” I replied.

He smiled at me and started walking towards the trash I got both of our black nike bags and started walking out of the place.

“I’ll carry those.” Julian said while taking both nike bags out of my hand.

We started heading home my phone vibrated in my pocket.

“Are you home?” Chloe texts me

“I’m almost home why?” I replied

“Alright i’ll go in ten minutes okay?” Chloe texts

“Ight.......” I replied

“Julian we have to walk a little faster,” I told julian in a worried voice.

“Why?” Julian asks

“Chloe just called and said she’ll be at my house in ten minutes, if we don't hurry up she’ll see us together!”

“Alright then.”

We were finally at my house.

“Were here,” Julian said while handing me my bag.

“Yeah, thanks for today.”

“Your welcome. Anyways I have to go before Chloe sees me” Julian said.

He looked straight into my eyes and smiled. Then gave me a big hug and a kiss on the cheek.

“Thanks for that.” I said while blushing

“My pleasure” He replied.

“Alright i’m going inside now, cause what if Chloe comes,I haven't even changed cloth.”

“Alright beautiful.” Julian started walking out my lawn and I got inside my house.

I quickly took a shower and put some lavender pjs pants and a white t-shirt. I took my homework out and pretend I was doing it. I unlocked my phone and looked at the pictures Julian and I took.The one I looked at the most was the one where he was kissing my cheek. Every time I saw it it made me so happy so I put it as my home screen on my white Iphone 4 so Chloe can't see it. Then I realized she knew my pass code so I changed it.

Suddenly I heard someone knocking. It was obviously Chloe I stood up and walked to my door. I opened the door.

“Heeeeeeeeeeey.” Chloe said in a high pitched voice and gave me a big hug.

“HAHA what's up with you?” I asked

“Oh i’m a little happy cause i’m going to hang out with Julian at school tomorrow morning.”

I started walking toward my room.

“Whuuuuuuuut? I thought you were “over” him.”

“I am dumbass, just as friends.”

“Uh okay lets just hang out only for a bit i‘m a little tired.” I said

As soon I got in my room I went straight into my room and went in my mac and played “Beware” by Big sean.

“When you said it was over you shot right through my heart.Why you let these hoes tear what we had right apart. Ooh, I was so mad” the music started playing.

“So anything new?” Chloe asks.

“No not much, just had a lot of homework. What about you? anything new?” I answered

“Oh haha, and no other than I been seeing jacob.”

“Oh nice finally taking him seriously?”

Chloe started talking about how her and jacob were.

“Baby,Last time calling me baby,Last time calling me crazy, crazy, crazy” the music started fading away.

The whole time she was talking to me I saw her texting a lot. Maybe she was texting Jacob, who knows. We continued to talk without music finally a hour past and I was exhausted.

“I’m so sorry Chloe i’m really tired maybe we can continue talking some other day?” I said in a sleepy voice

“Alright i’ll go now” Chloe said.

Chloe started packing her stuff. She started heading out the door and left home. I checked my facebook and I saw I had a couple of messages one from Julian and one from David. I didn't reply to Julian I wasn't really in the mood to talk to him.

“My bad I was a little busy today...” I replied to David’s message.

“It's okay I was busy too I had to practice.”

“Practice what?”

“Soccer. (:”

“You play soccer also?”

“Are you in the school team with Julian?” I added

“Yeah hahaha. Anyways you're taken?”

“David is not that bad hes kinda cute well he is cute. Maybe I should start talking to his ince Julian doesn't seem to like me. Maybe julian is just trying to be nice.” I thought in my head

“Yeah i’m single ahha.”

“Goood. Anyways, what are your hobbies?” David asks.

“Well, I love taking pictures of beautiful stuff, I play soccer and I love posting up my photos on tumblr.”

“Nice, I hear your smart, dam beautiful smart and athletic. ufff <3 perfect.”

“Ha thanks (:”

“You should say hi at school.”

“YOU should say hi ahhahah cx”

“I will can I get a hug?”

“Uhhhh sure.”

David and I talked till I fell asleep.

“Good morning beautiful <3” David texted me.

“Good Morning (:” I replied.

Six minutes later I hopped in the shower. While I was showering I was able to hear my phone vibrating..I ignored it and sang the whole time. Once I got out the shower I had two text messages.

“How did you sleep? <3” David texts reads.

“Good Morning princess <3” Julian's text reads.

I read them but did not reply. I started changing into my black and white flowered skirt with a white shirt and some white converse. After four minutes, I replied to Julian with a simple good morning and a smiley face. Then replied to David

“I slept really good, and you? (:”

When I finished texting I pressed play on my music playlist.

“It's another, if it ain't one thing. Instigators, like puttin' fire on propane. The wrong thing, they be worried 'bout.Ooh, you know females. And how they like to run their mouths” All bad by Justin bieber started playing.

I started doing my makeup and singing . While I was putting my makeup on I got a two text message once again. Once again the messages were from Julian and David. I did not bother to read Julian’s because I knew what he was going to ask me so I didn't even bother to click in it.

“Mine was good too (: Hahah i’m going to start getting ready for school. See you at school :* <3” David texts read.

I continued doing my make up after finishing putting mascara on I reply to David.

“Alright (: and ahah okay say hi (:”

Right when I finished texting I started putting the rest of my make up on. Finally I started doing my hair, I had long perfect curls. I was so happy that my day was starting off so well. Finally I was all done and grabbed my bag, my phone and my bagel. I started walking outside my house while eating my bagel and checking my facebook on my phone.

“Can’t even reply to me.” I heared in the back

I look up and see Julian.

“My bad I was getting ready for school,” I responded.

I continued to eat my bagel.

“Ha can I walk with you? Or are you a little too busy?” Julian said in a sarcastic voice.

“You can walk with me.”

“Hahaha okaay. How was yesterday with Chloe?”

“Uh its was good I guess she told me you guys are going to hangout in a bit.”

“Oh yeah, I almost forgot is it okay with you?”

“Yeah its like whatever. Plus i’m going to hang out with David in a bit too.”

I looked up at Julian and noticed he was kind of mad.

“Oh oh, ummm well have fun..”

“I guess. You have fun with Chloe.” I said.

We were already at school, and I saw David from a distance.

“Uh I have to go this way.” Julian says

“Yeah I have to go the other way....”

“Bye.” Julian says in a sadish voice then gave me a big hug.

“Bye...” I replied.

I felt really bad cause I was hanging out with David and not him but I mean he was hanging out with Chloe and I was pretty sure that they were going to flirt. I started walking towards David. He turned his head around and put a big smile on his face.

“Hi beautiful,” He said.

“Uh hi,” I replied with a little smile.

David walked towards me and gave me a big hug.

We started hanging out and just talking about random stuff.Thirty minutes past, thirty minutes went by really fast. Finally the bell rang I was about to walk to my classroom when I heard,

“Let me walk you to class yeah?” David asked.

“Yeah sure.”
We started walking towards my first period class when suddenly I see Julian walking with Chloe towards class, she was all up in him. Julian turned around and saw me and just hugged Chloe back. They were a couple steps away from us so when they were about to go the classroom Chloe gave Julian a big hug. Julian walked in class and sat next to my seat. I finally got to class and David gave me a hug. While David was hugging me I looked inside the classroom and noticed Julian starting with a jealous face.When David let go of me I got in class and sat next to Julian. Julian kind of turned his head towards me but I didn't say attention to him and started working. The whole class period it was silent between me and Julian. First period went by really slow. But then after first period my day went really quickly.

It was finally lunch and I started walking towards my other group of friends. I really did not want to hang out with Chloe or Julian I felt so mad inside because I knew they were flirting. I got my cheese its mix out of my bag and started eating some. I always eat some because they are favorite so crunchy and cheesy. Anyways, while I was eating I started spacing out. When suddenly I see Julian and Chloe eating together on a table alone! I got so mad I stopped eating my mix and stopped paying attention to my other friends.About twenty five minutes later the bell rang. I started walking to my sixth period. All sixth period I was spacing out and thought about Julian. Sixth period was our last period. Finally the bell rang and it was after school I started walking home when suddenly I received a text from Chloe but I just ignored it. I continued to walk and kept receiving text messages I ignored them all. Finally I got home and locked myself in my room. I started doing homework. After some minutes I checked my text messages I had 3 text messages. One was from Chloe the other one from David and the last one from Julian. I did not reply to any of them except Julian's.

“Are we going to practice today?” Julian’s texts read.

“Uh Idk.... Its up to you?” I replied.

“Well I wanna practice with you but if you don’t want to it's okay I guess.”

“I do want to practice...”

“Alright five sounds good?”

“Yeah.”

“Alright see you in a bit.”

I continued doing my homework after I finished my homework I changed into my workout cloth. I put on my black and white nike shorts, my white and lavender nike shirt and my black and white nikes. I got my bag ready I put the same stuff in my bag as I did last time. Except this time I brought two ziploc bags filled of cheese it mix for Julian and I. Finally it was five and I started heading out and like usual Julian was already waiting for me. I started heading out the door once I got to Julian he gave me a big hug and we started walking to his house.

“I need to talk to you... So, we are only going to practice for a bit” Julian said

“Uh okay..” I responded in a confused voice.

We were finally at his house and we started practicing. He was goalie and I was shooting at him after fifteen minutes I was goalie and he was shooting at me. After fifteen minutes he stopped the ball and started walking towards me.

“So you know how in the morning I was hanging out with Chloe?” Julian asked.

“Yeah...”

“Uh she kinna kissed me.... But I did not go with it I swear!”

“Sure....” I said in a disappointed voice. He holded my hands and looked right into my eyes.

“I swear, she was all up on me. The only time I actually went with it is when I saw you with David and she hugged me so I just hugged her back on purpose...” he confessed

“I believe you on the part when you said she was all up on you part shes like that. But why would you do that?”

“I was jealous, the moment you told me you were hanging out with him I got kind of pissed... Im sorry..”

“Its okay, but I don’t know why you got jealous.”

“The reason that I got jealous was because I like you Melina... I’ve liked you ever since middle school but never had the balls to talk to you or tell you how I felt about you.”

“AHHHHHHHHH JULIAN LIKES ME HE LIKES ME!” I thought in my mind.

“It was still kind of wrong, but I actually kind of did the same. When you told me you were going to hang out Chloe I got super mad. I never planned to hang out with David I was only going to say hi but when you said that I had to make you jealous so I just hanged out with him.. But I never kissed him or anything like that.”

“And I like you too... i've always liked you,” I added.

“I understand, but I just want you to know i'm sorry and that I don't like her shes easy!I like you you're more like me, you're perfect. But I'm glad you feel the same way.”

“I forgive you.”

“Oh and um shes been all up in me ever since day one.... I didn't want to tell you cause I thought you were going to get mad or something.”

“Are you serious?! She has a boyfriend Julian...”

“What? she never told me that she told me she was single and that shes always liked me.”

“The only reason she started “liking” you was because she noticed the way I looked at you.. shes such a f'in slut.”

“Woahhh there... but honestly she is a slut for what shes doing.”

My phone kept vibrating while I was talking to Julian. David kept texting me I ignored the texts and continued to talk to Julian.

“I’m sorry about the laungage, shes just pising me off... I need to talk to her tomorrow she's going to hear me.”

“Now that I know everything about her I dont give a s*** about her.”

“I’m hungry lets go to the store really quick?” he added.

“Yeah sure.”

We began to walk towards the flower shop instead of the grocery store.

“Wait here.. Its only going to take me 2 minutes.”

I stood there in the side walk by myself like a retard. I turned my head and Julian had twelve roses on his hand.

“What's this..?”

“I know this is not the best time for this but i've waited a long time for this. Melina would you like to be my girlfriend?” Julian asked me while handing me the roses.

“Yeeeeeeeess!” I answered with a big smile in my face.

He handed me the roses and then gave me a huge hug.

“Ive waited for this moment for a really long time.” Julian said.

“I'M JULIANS GIRLFRIEND OH MY GOOOOOOOOOSH!” I thought

“I have also..” I said.

We started walking home while we were holding hands he carried my bag the whole way. We were finally home.

“We are here.” Julian said in a sad voice.

“Yeahh we are...”

“Anyways I have to go now...” I added

Julian leaned over and kissed my cheek and gave me another huge hug.

“Bye babe.”

“Bye” I said

I came into my room as fast as I could.

“I’M JULIANS GIRLFRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I yelled

“Why are you so happy missy?” I heard my mom yell.

“Remember that guy i've liked of the longest hes my boyfriend!!!!! oh and i’m not friends with Chloe anymore.”

“Thats awesome honey i'm so happy for you. And see I knew it I disliked her for a reason.

“Yeah ahha you're always right mom..”

“I love you” I added

“I love you too honey.”

I threw myself on my bed and just looked at our old photos of me and Julian. I was smiling at my phone like a dumbass. When suddenly I get a text from David.

“Lets go out?” David text read.

“David, not trying to be rude but I don't like you like that i’m sorry.Plus I have a boyfriend now sorry.” I replied.

“Uh it's okay i’m sorry bye” He replied.
I fell asleep right after rejecting David.

The next morning I woke up in a pumped mood. I took a long shower. After twenty minutes of showering I got out and got ready. I had to look good for Julian. I put on my light blue American apparel shorts, my white crop top, my white bow and my white converse. I curled my hair then grabbed half of it with my bow. I put my favorite baby lips on, mascara, powder and blush. I was almost done all I needed was my sweet pea perfume so, I got it and sprayed it on me. Finally I got my Iphone and my bag and started heading out the door. On my way out I saw my boyfriend.

“ayeeeeee,” I yelled.

“Babeeeee,” Julian yelled back.

He came up to me and gave me a big hug.

“Good Morning beautiful.” he added

“Morning” I responded.

We started walking to school while we were holding hands and talking about random stuff. Once we were at school I really wanted to look for Chloe and tell her how I feel about this but I thought

“Melina, chill you can wait till lunch.”

Finally the bell rang, Julian and I walked to our first period since we have it together and we sat right next to eachother. My whole first four periods went by really fast I guess it was because I felt really happy.It was lunch and I was really mad but pumped at the same time. I was standing waiting for Julian.

“Babe i’m by the 500 building meet me there.” I texted Julian

“Okay babe i’ll be there in a sec” He replied.

I felt someone grab my waist I turn around and it was Julian.

“Hi babe. Hahaha lets go find Chloe.” I told him

“Alright let’s go”

Julian and I started walking all around school. Now school is really big and noisy there is always people around everywhere so you can’t ever really be in private except when you're in the bathroom. Suddenly I saw Chloe standing by herself by the parking lot. People were a couple of feet away from her. Chloe was texting, Julian and I walk up to her.

“Chloe!” I yelled in an angry voice.

“What?” Chloe replied with an attitude while looking around to see who was around.

I came walking really quickly towards her with Julian behind me. Julain was holding my hand.

“I thought you said you were over Julian and that you were going to be faithful to your boyfriend.” I said

“Uh what the f*** are you talking about? I am faithful to Jacob.”

“Don’t act stupid Chloe you know dang well you were flirting with Julian like two days ago.”

“Who who said that?”

“My boyfriend.”

“And Whos your boyfriend?”

“Julian.”

Suddenly more and more students started gathering around us.

“Oh hes lying.”

“Babe was she all up on you or not?” I asked Julian

“Yeah chloe don’t deny it.”

“Okay okay yeah maybe I did flirt a little.”

“More than a little..” Julian said

“Seriously Chloe? I thought you were my friend.”

“AHAHAHHA b**** please. I've been acting like your friend just to be popular, and I got what I wanted. Now I want to be the most popular one. Im fucken tierd of you.”

“”Excuse me? First of all don’t EVER call me a b**** again. Second oh really so you really want me to burn you out about you f'ing around with other guys right now huh? You really want me too?!”

“Ooooooooooooooooooooooo,” The big crowd yelled.

“Uh burn me out all you want I really don’t give a f***. I’m already popular so I could give less of a s***. Okay bye bye.” Chloe was about to turn around when I said,

“Look i’m f'in tired of you hoestly Chloe you've been flirting with half of the guys from this school, you've talked s*** about literally the whole school. If you really wanna be popular quit being a b****.”

“Uh i’m already popular by being a b**** so swerve.”

“Uh no you're popular because of me, the reason everyone likes me not trying to sound all conceited but its is because i’m actually nice I don't talk smack about half of the school.”

“Melina Melina !!!” the crowd yelled.

“Chloe No one likes you get out of here. You ain't s***.” A random girl yelled. Chloe rolled her eyes.

“I don’t really give a f*** okay. Leave me alone and you girl shut the f*** up you don’t tell me what to do.” Chloe responded

“Alright then Chloe don’t ever talk to me again. I don’t care if you need help or whatever, I don't care if you say sorry im never going to be friends with you i’ll forgive you but not be your friend ever again you hear me!”

“Uh I already told you I don’t give a f*** about our friendship and okay its not like I wanted your help.”

“Okay bye.” I walked away and left her standing.

“Julian!” Chloe yelled

“I have to go with my girlfriend,” Julian yelled back.

“Whatever” Chloe yelled while rolling her eyes and walking away from the crowd.

“Slut slut slut!!!” the crowd yelled.

“Shut up.” Chloe kept walking faster and faster.

I noticed everyone was calling her names.

“LISTEN UP!!” I yelled out to the crowd.

“Not trying to be rude but this is between Chloe, Julian and I so please stop calling her names. You guys are bullying her and I won’t accept that even if she did what she did. You can hate her all you want but please don’t bully her like that it hurts.”

“Alright.”a guy said

“Alright.” a couple of more people said and eventually everyone said all right and left her alone.

Julian and I started walking away from the crowd when suddenly I see Chloe crying on the table. I felt really bad so I went up to her.

“Don’t worry they are not going to call you anything anymore unless you talk carp about them to I dealt with them already.” I said then walked away.

“I admire you so much...” Julian said to me he pulled me towards him and gave me a big kiss on the lips.

“AHHHHH my first kiss with Julain was amazing!!!!!!!!” I thought

“Aww babe” I responded

“Thank you... and i’m sorry for everything.” Chloe mumbled.

“Its okay.” I responded and left with Julian.
Chloe lost her all her popularity and started to focus in school. She became a nerd and Jacob forgave her for what she did to him. He said he like the new her better. I was elected to be president. Julian and I had no problems ever since. The school was so much peaceful and everyone was happy that “popular” Chloe was gone.