Child of the Angel’s | Teen Ink

Child of the Angel’s

By Evealon, Cincinnatti, Ohio
Evealon, Cincinnatti, Ohio

"When in dout ask a friend, if the don't know ask your family, if they don't know ask God"

Night came to an end in Cleveland as I woke up and went to the studio where I put my band equipment for the band I created with some of schoolmates I've known since I first moved into my new place when I was 14. I saw the guitar that Max plays.

"Hey Ann, what’s up?" he asked. I turned around seeing him in a hoodie and baggie pants. I smiled some.

"Morning sweetie" that's what my dad always called my or sometimes baby girl, I don't care cause he's my dad, maybe not my real dad but he is the I got and nothing’s going to change that. I hopped into the shower washing my hair and body, I felt so good. Then I got into my school uniform for my catholic school. When I walked out I saw them sitting on the opposite sides of the couch again.
"Well I need to go to work, see you after school honey" my dad said

"Alright bye dad, see you later" I said

“"Bye Mr. Freeman" Max said. My dad waved back at us. We laughed some then went to school early to see the rest of our band. When we got there we saw Angie, or red that's what she likes being called by everyone. She's a guitar player and a singer like me, she always says that I'm a way better singer, a gift from God , Tristan or Ty for short, he's the drummer sitting closer to one another. I’m glad there close.
"Hey, Angel, what's up?" Angie said hugging me. I hugged her back laughing as she squeezed my sides.

"I’m fine
"I'm great now that your here" she said. We let go and sat down. We talked till the bell rang as Max and Ti talked about something neither of us knew I think it was some boy thing.
When class started I sat across from Angie like always. She waved at me, I waved back then looked forward to listen to the teacher. The door opened some, a boy I guess around my age walked in quiet. Everyone looked at him with a scary look on his face. He had long black hair to his shoulders; his uniform was a little baggy. He sat down right behind me, I felt him staring at me for some reason like I was the only girl he met.
He passed me a note
Josh: Hey
Me: Hey
I wrote back then turned back around to listen to the teacher. Class finished a little early, Angie and I were talking some, and then he walked up to us. He gave her the evil eye she hid behind me.
"Can I speak to you for a second" he asked.
"Sure" I said wondering what he wanted. We went to a little space in the room where no one goes. He whispered
"Can I have you number?" he asked. I looked at him oddly
"I guess" I said. I wrote down my cell number then handed it to him. He looked at it smiling real creepy like he was going to text me weird things all the time. I walked away to Angie.
"What was that all about?" she asked
"Nothing" I said.
"Hey when we get to your house lets practice our solos before the boys get there" she said
"Alright" I said. we both giggled some. When school ended we walked to my locker where Max was waiting for us with Ty. Then I saw Josh, god I wish I couldn't see him at all.
"Hey Angle, Angie" Ty said waving at us. When we walked to my house my dad was sitting in the front door.

"Hey baby girl" he said

"Hey dad" I said smiling back at him. We walked to the studio and practiced for hours.

When the sun went down I waved as my friends went home.

"Bye, Anna see you tomorrow" Angie said.

"Bye everyone" I said. I walked inside seeing my dad playing on his old guitar he got when he was in Florida. I sat down listening to the calm music being played from the strings. He kept playing as he sung, I remember he wrote this song for my his wife when she was still alive before he got me, he always said I look like her some even though I'm not his child. I sung softly still listening to him play. When the song ended he looked at me for a sec.

"How was school?" he asked.

"It was alright" I said. He put it away and kissed my cheek. I walked to my bed and slept instantly.

I woke again early and got all my school stuff ready. I walked out hoping to see Max, but instead I saw Josh, oh great it was him. I wish he wasn't by my door, I looked at him.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him

"I want to walk with you to school, is that bad" Josh said. I felt a little awkward about what he said.

"Then let’s get going" I said trying not to be late for school. I walked slowly trying to keep the same pace as him so we don't look like we hate each other, even though I don't really have feelings for him. When we got to school I tried to walk away from him so rumors wouldn't spread about us, but it was already to late. I herd some of the girls whispering about us.

“Are those dating now?” one of them whispered to another girl, I only looked at the pavement as we walked away, I wish I could run away from this, but my dad always said to not run away from your problems. I walked up to Angie having a fake smile on my face.

“What’s wrong Angel?” she asked me, I just couldn't say it, I couldn't say that I’m being rumored about, not to her. I know what she would do, she would find the people who were spreading them and punch them, and as much as I would enjoy that I don’t want her into trouble. We talked some about our big gig we have coming up pretty soon. Josh stepped into the conversation when he heard us talking about it.

“That cool that you guys are in a band” Josh said. Ty looked at him friendly.

"Yeah we started this band a couple years ago” he said slapping him on the back a couple times. My bad impression went away instantly as I saw them getting along. Then I looked over to Max seeing him looking at me again.

“Anna, there’s something I want to tell you” he said. They stopped talking. Oh boy what could it be, I wanted to go into a corner some.

“What is it?” I asked him. He was about to say something, then the bell rang suddenly. I walked with Josh to class.

“I’ll talk to you later ok” I said. We walked close together almost like we were holding hands. When we walked in we saw the same girls talking again, oh boy this probably wasn't good. They walked up to us.

“Are you two going out?” one girl asked. I felt so embarrassed hearing them saying that and could only imagine what Josh was thinking.

“What do you think, of course we are” Josh said, his hand went around my skinny body giving the signal that I was his and anyone who puts a hand on me will get hurt, I blushed some. They left as we were about to kiss, then I went to my chair. He sat down by me listening to the teacher. It felt like it was forever just thinking about what happened, I looked over seeing Josh not listening to him, he was looking at me, smiling a little. I smiled some then continued listening taking notes, I guess for the both of us. When class ended early Angie and Ty walked up to us,

“Hey are you guys ready for our concert” Angie said almost ready to jump up and down. She sat down on the table right in front of me.

“Where is it?” Max asked still sitting behind all of us.

“First get over here” Angie said. He walked over and stood right behind me with an angry look on his face.

“It’s in Florida this weekend you know the one we've been practicing for, it’s really cool” Ty said. We all started talking about it, I looked over seeing Josh smiling some as we held hands, we stayed that way not knowing, or really caring what was going to happen next..

We were packing up for the concert we have been practicing for a couple weeks; I was so happy that we were picked out of many bands that were auditioning to play. We were just about done until Josh showed up with his bags, we all looked at him for a minute

“What are---?
“I’m going with you” he said, my dad smiled a little

“Is this the boy you've been talking about Anna?” he asked me. I almost stuttered some

“Of, of course not dad ” I said, he laughed, what if Josh was, he’s nice to me, and good looking, but he’s always in trouble with the teachers.

“Well if you want to come lets get going” dad said. He put his stuff in the back with everyone else and got in the back. I sat in the front with dad reading the directions. We stopped at a rest stop to stretch our legs, get some food, and gas. We crowded around one side of our van talking.

“I can’t wait for the concert” Angie said all hyper, probably from the caffeine she’s been drinking.

“Me too I hope we do well” I said drinking some of her soda. She giggles as she jumps on me.

“We’ll be fine Angel” she said. Ty laughed as we were playing around.

“Yeah if we don’t hurt ourselves, or others along the way” Ty said laughing. Max laughed to I hope in a good way. I looked over to Josh seeing him being quiet again.

“Join in the conversation” I said wrapping my arms around one of his

“There’s something I want to tell you first” he said taking me to the back of the van to be in private.

“What is it?” I asked him. He looked embarrassed a little

“I think it’s time you tell me how you feel… about the two of us” he said. What did I think I really liked him I guess?

“I like you” I said. He smiled then suddenly kissed me right on the lips. I felt his spit coming into my mouth as we kissed. When we took a breath I put one of my hands on my lips still feeling the warmth of his lips on mine.

“How was that” he asked, I didn't know what to say, I only looked at him, but in reality I really did enjoy kissing him, I kissed him back meaning yes to his question. We smiled as we both knew what that meant. We held hands as we walked back to the van then let go before they saw us, Angie walked up to us.

“Come to the bathroom with me” she said rushing off with my arm. We went to the bathroom rather quickly, I finished before her.

“So you and Josh, are you really dating?’ she asked. I blushed still having our kiss still rushing through my head.

“No, but we kissed” I said. She squealed some jumping up and down.

“I knew it, I knew you two were getting along” Angie said. Hugging me, I guess for having a relationship, but that didn't matter, the only thing I cared of was how I was going to tell Max, and Ty. When we walked out of the bathroom Max scared us half to death.

“Ha-ha got you girls” Max said laughing. I wasn't amused one bit neither was Angie. We walked away from him pretending he was immature. Josh watched us walk up; he put his arms around me.

“Is something wrong?” he asked

“No, just a little scared” I said

“Why, are you scared” he asked

“I’m afraid we’ll mess up” I said
back quickly

“We won’t mess up” he said. I felt happy hearing those words. Dad walked out with some snacks.

“Time to go” he said. We all got back in and drove for another 3 hours to the motel, this time I was in the back with the others. When we got to the motel we all got out quickly.

“Alright here’s where you two are sleeping, and the rest of you be sleeping the next room over” My dad said. Angie and I put our stuff down and walked over to the boy’s room, I carried my guitar case. We walked in seeing Max and Ty by the table playing cards, as Josh was listening to music on his mp3 player.

“You guys want to do anything?” Angie asked all happy to be out of the van.

“Like what?” Ty asked. We both looked at each other for a sec

“Walk around get some fresh air just have fun” I said. Max put his cards down and got up.

“I’m in” he said

“Me too” Ty said. I walked over to Josh and smiled some

“Want to go out” I said

“Sure” he said. I told my dad where we were going and we walked around the city looking at the sites it had. Angie walked up to a clothing store that had some nice clothes that she was always into, a red scarf, and pants.

“Angel” she said “Let’s look in here” she said again dragging me across the street.

“What is it?’ I asked

“New clothes, let’s come back here later and buy stuff to take home” she said happy

“ OK” I said agreeing thinking it was a good idea. We walked around little further seeing tons of food places to eat while we were here. I looked at my watch to see what time it was, it was 12:34, just five more hours until the concert.

“So relaxing, the warm weather I mean” Max said.

“Yep, I just wish we lived here” I said joking around some. I saw Angie and Ty looking like they were having fun, it made me feel good. She looked at me.

“What” she asked, I giggled

“Nothing, it’s just you two seem really close now” I said

“Yeah, I’m so happy” Angie said holding Ty’s hand in public. It’s the first time. I've never seen them hold hands in public before, not even once.

“Me too, it’s so nice he would be a gentlemen” I said

“I am a gentleman, just to the two of you “Ty said. We giggled at his funny comment. Max came up from behind and tapped me.

“Look at this” he said showing me a stuffed bunny he just bought, it looked so cute that I squeezed it

“Thank you Max” I said hugging him tight as I could. A while passed by, we walked back to the motel to get ready for the concert. Angie and I got dressed in our outfits, and then fixed each other’s hair.

“Ready” we both said. We walked out seeing everyone else ready, Max was wearing a black shirt with jeans, Ty was wearing a vest, and nice looking pants, I looked at Josh who was wearing an outfit that made him look Goth. My dad drove us to the back of the entrance of the concert.

“Are you ready for the newest band Red Lox” a man screamed into the microphone. We ran on stage with our stuff. Ty started the countdown then began drumming. We started playing, everyone cheered as I began singing, I was so scared at one point that I was going to mess up again, I couldn't think of that now , I was performing and I wasn't going to let fear ruin that for us. When we finished I closed my eyes at the last lyric. I opened then, like I just awoke from a bad dream I could not awake from so long hearing the noise from the sound of people cheering and clapping for more. Josh ran up to me and we waved to the audience together. It made my heart go to ease having him near me, I didn't want this to end, not now and not ever.

When we went back stage we heard the guy yelling again, we were so excited we actually got on stage in front of everyone and were cheered for. We went back stage where cameras were taking pictures of us, we posed some as we walked to my dad who was smiling, as he was holding some flowers. I ran up to him.

“Great job you guys” dad said. A lady walked up with a guy and some kids, two our age, and one a little bit younger around 13, I think.

“Thanks for coming” dad said. The women didn't say anything, then the girl walked up to us

“You guys were great, I really liked your music” she said

“Thanks, I appreciate it” I said so happy to hear that she liked our song. Then the younger boy came up to us, I think he’s en he looked a little scary but not as much as the older one. Then he started looking at me like he was trying to look into my soul or something like that. He opened his mouth

“You look a lot like my mom” he said, I was speechless, he said I looked like his mom who I never met before, I felt a little offended by that. comment. I looked at him again,

“Um thank you I guess” I said, Angie giggled by that comment.

“You kind of do look like her, a little” she said. Josh stayed quiet, I guess he didn't know what to say .from that, neither did I

“Thank you” I said, I couldn't. come up with anything else to say. When we got back to our rooms we saw them walk into a separate room. Josh poked me some.

“Is everything alright” he asked
“Yeah, now that we’re alone” I said. I kissed him, then he kissed me back. I stopped caring what others saw when we kissed all I cared about was

1.
My dad
2.
My friends who I will always trusting
3.
How I was not going to let little things interfere with our relationship.