Soulmates Through A Book | Teen Ink

Soulmates Through A Book

By Alexandria1727 BRONZE, NEW YORK, New York
Alexandria1727 BRONZE, NEW YORK, New York

"A Room With Out Books Is Like A Body Without A Soul- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Author's note: I fell in love with this book Spell bound by cara lynn shultz and i wonder how cool it would be if the main characters popped out of the book!!!

Okay so have you ever read a book and you were like oh my god I wish this was my life well that sort of happened to me but we will get there soon enough!!!

“Allie let’s go before Barnes and Nobles closes” I heard my mom yell outside of my door I grunted and got up only real reason I got up was because we were going to Barnes and Noble. Once I was dressed I headed down stairs to my mother who was happily making pancakes she turned as she heard my converse squeak the floor. “Hey sleepy head” “Hey” I smiled back “Is Ashley coming with us”? “No she said she was going shopping or something” “Oh okay well then hurry up so we can catch the bus to union square” I simply nodded and continued to eat. Finally we had arrived at Barnes and Noble I was growing anxious. “Hon while you look over at the teens I’m going to go upstairs and look at some books” “Okay” I replied. Hmmmm what looks good Spell Bound I wonder what this is about? “I love that book”! I heard someone say from behind me I turned to see a blond girl with pink streaks and a smiled placed on her face. “Really” “Yea it’s really good you should get it I came to get the second part Spell Caster” she said as she held up a book with green vines on it and a girl running on the cover of the book. “Cool maybe I’ll try it ” “HI my name is Brook” “HI Alexandria my friends call me Allie or Alex whatever works for you” Brook laughed “I like Alex but you have a great name” “Yea everyone says that but I’m not to found of it yours is better” “You think mine is better” Brook asked while raising her eyebrow. “Yea Brook is a pretty name” “Yea if only my name were Brook” “What you lied about your name” I asked questionly “No Brook is my nick name Brooklyn is my real name ““Brooklyn is a cool name how many people do you know named Brooklyn”? She laughed “Well now you do” she joked “Yes I do” I joked along with her. “So do you live around here”? Brook asked after a moment of silence “Ah no actually moved here a month ago” “Well in that case welcome” “Well thank you” I replied. “So where are you going to go to school at”? “Ummm my aunt Catherine helped my mom and I apply to I think it’s called Vincent Academy” “No way I go to school there and the book takes place at our school”! “Oh cool now I will at least know a face” “Yes you do” Brooklyn smiled. “Hey hone look at this cool book I found”! I heard my mom say from behind. “Hey mom this is Brook she goes to Vincent Academy” ‘Oh really that’s nice hello I’m Alex’s mother Jessica” my mother said as she out reached her hand toward Brook. “Hi I’m Brooklyn but everybody calls me Brook” “Brooklyn that’s a nice name well nice to meet you Brook” Brook responded with a warm smile. “Okay I gotta start going, so see you in school Wednesday” “Yea Wednesday” I almost growled to that fact I really didn’t want to be the new kid again!
Wednesday I woke up at 7:30am to the smell of my mother’s pancakes I quickly put on the standard uniform that Vincent Academy required and headed down to find my mother in the kitchen making breakfast. “Good morning hone excited for your first day at school” I rolled my eyes and grounded “I can barely sit in a seat I’m so excited” I replied to my mother sarcastically. She looked back and rolled her eyes “It’s not going to be that bad” I just simply looked down at the pancakes when there was a knock on my door I quickly stood up to answer it . “Coming “I yelled as I got closer to the door. “Hey sleepy head”!!! Brook said as she stared at me excitingly . “Hey ummm not to be rude but how’d you know where I live”? “Oh sorry I looked for you on the school directory” “Oh ummm do you want to come in”? I asked with my eye brow raised in question. “I actually came to ask if you wanted to walk to school together” “That’s really nice of you come in while I go grab my bag” I held the door open while Brook came in. “You can go to the kitchen my mom has pancakes and stuff” “No I’m okay with waiting for you here” “Are you sure my mom makes some amazing pancakes” Brook laughed warmly “No I’m okay maybe another time” “Okay be back in a jiffy” I said as I ran upstairs to grab my bag. When I came back downstairs I could hear my mom and Brook talking in the kitchen “Hey honey why didn’t you tell me Brook was here”? “No Ms. Baez she didn’t know I was coming” “I see my mom suckered you into eating some of her pancakes” I said as I saw Brooks plate that contained crumbs left over from the pancakes that once rested there. “Yea I couldn’t resist the smell” Brook joked. She then sat up and said “Yea ready to go” “Yea, mom I’m going to walk to school with Brook is that okay”? “Yea but what about Ashley” At that moment the doorbell rang “Oh that must be her see ya later mom” “Okay see you later you girls be careful “We will” both Brook and I yelled back united as we made our way towards the door. When I opened the door Ashley stood on the stoop reapplying her lipstick when she then turned around and saw us. “Hey” she said excitingly “Hey” I said as I made my way towards her to give her a hug. “I missed you”! She said once the embrace was over. “I missed you too” I replied then I remembered Brook standing awkwardly beside me. “Oh Ash this is Brook she goes to Vincent Academy too and Brook this is my cousin Ashley” they both awkwardly shook hands and said “Hey” to one another. “Okay so things you need to know about Vincent A is that there are a lot of arrogant people there but over time you learn to zone them out” Ashley began to say my guess was she was trying to break the ice and for that I worshiped her. “Yea it’s best to zone them out if not you go crazy” Brook said agreeing with Ashley I simply nodded as they went on about people I should avoid and people I should talk to.

MEET Damion!
“DAMION get up my dad going to be here any minute”!!! I heard Sara’s voice call from the corner of the room. I quickly got up and got dressed. “What are you doing”!!! Sara yelled as she saw me put my leg through her window “Well I can’t exactly go through the front door your father’s not supposed to know I’m here”! Sara took a minute to think about what I had just said then responded with “You have a point okay just be careful” “Always am” I said as I swung out of the window I slowly walked the roof to the middle so I could jump to the tree that was planted near Sara’s room then I would smoothly slide down well at least I hoped I would smoothly slide down. I took a deep breath and jumped to the tree I swiftly landed on the bark of the old oak tree then I very slowly slid down till I saw the emerald green grass beneath me. I looked up to see Sara’s tariffed face turn to a smile when she saw that I was okay I quickly waved and turned to see styles jeep parked across the street waiting for me . I ran to the car and jumped in to see a not so happy face placed on styles “You know what I’m tired of” Styles began to say “What might that be” I responded. “I’m tired of being the bachelor’s getaway driver that never gets any girls” I laughed and styles resumed talking as we drove away. “Another thing dude this is the freaking city you don’t jump out of a girl’s apartment building on a tree and think a fake grass mat is going to break your fall”!!! “Come on Styles you have to admit that was a pretty epic escape” “It was pretty epic but still” “Sara thinks you kind of cute” “Really she said that” “Yea” “Really, no way really” as we came to a stop Styles put his hand on my chest and said “Wait really she said that” I let out a hard uncontrollable laugh. “See your little jump to a tree act made us late”! I rolled my eyes at Styles “Where’re like two minutes late” “Well now we are three minutes late cause of this chit chat” I rolled eyes once more waved good bye to Styles and made my way towards English. When I opened my door Mr. Rum still wasn’t there. As I took my seat in the back I noticed a girl with dark brown eyes staring at me intently I gazed right back at her and she grabbed the end of her hair which where died blue which weirdly matched her dark brown hair. I slowly sat down breaking the stare between her and I. “Hey Brook” I said as I swiveled in my chair and faced Brook sitting next to the girl with the intense stare.
ALEX’S POINT OF VIEW
Brook and I had the same first period class Brook had warned me about Mr. Rum’s spitting problem so we sat near the back of the room. As Brook went on about different teachers the door opened and a guy with bed head hair that oddly fit him well walked towards us in the back my eyes met his Smothering green eyes we stared at each other intensely when he finally broke it by sitting down in front of me then he turned around and faced Brook telling her “Hey” “Hey” she replied back and held her hand pointing at me “Damion this Alex she’s new here” he then turned his face towards me and a half of a breath taking smirk was placed on his face. He out stretched his hand towards me “Hi I’m Damion” “Ummm hi I’m Alexandria but my friends call me Alex or Allie whatever works” I rambled and then felt totally embarrassed about my not controlled rant. Damion then laughed and said “Well I like Alexandria” I turned crimson at that comment at that moment who I guessed was Mr. Rum walked in Damion looked at me one more time then turned around to face Mr. Rum. Mr. Rum started his lesson quickly so I didn’t have to go through the embarrassment of standing in the front of the room and introduce myself to the class which I was thankful for. Mr. Rum went on talking about the beauty of poetry and how in poetry a color can equal the direction of the whole poem. I strongly agreed with Mr. Rum but I couldn’t tear my eyes away from the back of Damion’s. Through the whole lesson I was like a love lust teenager hit by cupid’s arrow staring at the back of Damion’s head. When class came to an end I was sort of sad not because of my love for English but for the reason I wouldn’t probably see Damion again. Brook and I made our way to the hall then went our separate ways I had Latin and she had history on the third floor. This third period class had me worried through the whole two periods of English well at least had me worried when I wasn’t staring at the back of Damion ’s head. I looked down at my schedule that said Latin was in room 277 I walked down looking at the numbers on the top of the doors when I finally reached room 277. I reached for the handle of the door when on its own it opened and a guy with a shirt that read “Where’s the beef”? appeared at the door I almost laughed out loud. “Oh sorry I didn’t realize anyone was at the door” “Oh its fine is this Latin” “Yea Latin with Mr. Kelly right”? “Ah yea I think” I said as I looked down at my schedule “Yup Mr. Kelly” “Okay then you’re at the right place” “Okay thanks am I late?” “No problem and no class hasn’t started yet” “Okay good” I smiled there was a minute of awkward silence “Ummm my name is Styles” Styles said as he out stretched his hand I placed my books are my other arm and out stretched my hand as well “Hey I’m Alex” “Is that like short for something”? “Ah yea it’s short for Alexandria” “Ummm that’s pretty cool” “Yup so I should start heading in” “Yea, yea sure don’t wanna be late now” “Ummm yea nice to meet you” I said as I made my way passed Styles to go in to the classroom. When I opened the door there were seats placed in a circle in the middle of the room some students had took seats in the circle of chairs but others stood around mingling in the corner of the room. As I looked around to find a place to seat an older gentleman who I guessed was Mr. Kelly walked in. “Okay so the beauty of Latin is that you are completely in control” Mr. Kelly began to say then he began he’s lecture of how we are in control of the dead language called Latin.
DAMION
As I was walking out of class all I heard was Styles voice yelling and jumping over students transferring from classes “Hey Damion hold on” I came to a halt at my locker “Dude did you see the new girl”? “Yea Alexandria” “Yea we have Latin together” “I have English with her she’s one of Brook’s friends” “One of Brook’s friends” I looked at Styles and it suddenly angered me that he was even thinking about Allie. “Styles don’t even think about it” “What you have to have all the girls?” “No this one is just off limit” “Off limits” “Yes off limits she’s different” “You just met her and you have Sara” “So what and Sara was just a onetime thing “After math the day just flew by at lunch Styles still complained about the fact that Allie was off limits he didn’t get that after one day I could proclaim someone off limits. He restarted this conversation after school while we were heading to his jeep. “D explain once again how is she off limits” “She just is styles now drop it I need to go home so then we can make it to practice on time” “Fine” Styles huffed as he hopped into the driver’s seat of his car. When we arrived in front of my house I told Styles I would see him in an hour for basketball practice I flung my bag on my arm and ran in to my house I yelled “Hi mom” then raced to my room I threw my bag on the bed and headed to take a shower. I started to wash my hair when the smell of smoke suddenly filled the bathroom “Mom’s making meatloaf again” I huffed under my breath I quickly wrapped my towel around myself and headed to see if my mom needed help clearing the smoke. But when I passed my room the smoke was coming from there I opened the door and a hurl of smoke was coming from my book bag I quickly opened it and saw the cause of the smoke I lifted a book Sara had left in my book bag a hole was placed right in the middle here and there flashes of fire would burn the edges. I held up the book the hole in the book was so big I could put my whole arm through it. “Pretty epic right Emma didn’t think so” I heard a voice say from behind me I slowly turned around to see a guy sitting on my computer chair. “Who the hell are you” I asked holding up the book. “I’m Brendan slinger nice to meet you” I looked at him and then asked “Why are you here setting fire to books” “I didn’t set fire to any books but I did come out of a book that same exact book you are holding” “You expect me to believe you came out of this book” I said while working over to my bedroom door and closing so my mother wouldn’t hear me speaking to probably my insane self. “Yes I expect you to believe that, now dude like get dressed then we can discuss why I’m here” Brendan then began to walk to the closed door. “Where do you think you’re going”? “Dude just because I came out of a book doesn’t mean I came to see you undress” “My mom can’t see you” “Your mom left while you were taking a shower” “Oh ummm fine” Brendan then turned the door knob and left I quickly dressed and went to the kitchen to find Brendan eating a pop tart that my mom had left me. “You want one”? Brendan asked as he held out a strawberry pop tart placed on a plate. “No thanks” I said as I pushed the plate away. “Okay so you probably want to know why I’m here” “That would be nice” “Okay so let me see how I can put this you have a soul mate witches want your blood because of this you are one of seven” “What” ? “Dude don’t look at me like I’m crazy” “You are crazy”!! “Just sit down and listen okay” “I slowly sat down across Brendan I couldn’t believe I was actually attempting to listen. “Okay so my girlfriend Emma and I are soul mates blood from soul mates is very valuable to witches are you following me so far”? I simply nodded back. “Okay I’m here because the author of the book I’m in told us that you are one of the seven soul mates Emma has been going crazy trying to find you guys” “Wait there’s only one problem in this I don’t have a soul mate” “Yes you do okay so do you have a weird pull to anyone at your school” “No” “Okay does anyone have like a weird crest on a necklace or something”? I began to think then the new girl Allie came in to my mind her ring had a crest with a lion covered with vines. “Yea there’s this new girl I think her names Alexandria she has a ring with a lion covered with vines on it” “Now were going somewhere that there is your soul mate that lion with the vines is your crest” “Wait you mean to tell me a girl I have never met or seen in my life is my soul mate” “Yes she is your soul mate I know how hard it is to believe but it’s true” I thought to myself and truly it wasn’t that hard to believe the first time I saw her I felt this pull and I didn’t even want Styles thinking about her. “Okay so what do I do now” at that moment I got a text from Styles- I’m outside Brook is here with Allie I turned to Brendan with wide eyes. “What”? He said while eating a pop tart “My friend Styles just texted me my so called soul mate is in the car”!!! “This is good you’ll be able to talk to her and when Emma comes out of Allie’s book tonight she will explain everything better” “What somebody else is popping out of another freaking book”!!! “Yes genius now go your soul mate is waiting” “Ha, ha very funny and you’re coming”

TO BE CONTINUTED……………

Sorry if have the chapter is edited and rest is not I was just brain storming and then like my ideas that i totally forgot to edit

Near Death Experience
“Hey” I said as I was going to hop in to Styles jeep then I felt a hand pull me back I looked back to see Brendan staring at me “What” I asked “Nothing Lover boy just your soul mates in the back so I’m sitting in the front “ “What no way Styles doesn’t even know you”!!! “Yes way and he’ll get to know me” that was the last thing Brendan said before he jumped in the back seat I just stood there staring at the tinted window of the back seat before I took a deep breath and opened the door. “So you didn’t mention your cousin from where was it again” Styles said as he turned his head towards Brendan “Ohio” Brendan replied happily “Oh Ohio anyway you didn’t mention your cousin from Ohio was here to visit” “Ummm he just slipped my mind” I stuttered Styles raised his eye brows in question at me and followed up in a squeaky questioning voice with “Oh it just slipped your mind” “Yep just went right over my head” I said while picking up my arm and motioning it right over my head with one more weird look from Styles and he turned around and started the car“. I took a deep breath and relaxed when I remembered that Brook and Allie were sitting right next to me I slowly turned my head and waved “Hey guys” “Hey” both Brook and Allie responded I then got a text I looked down to see
U couldn’t have been more awkward dude- Brendan
Hey I got nervous and how’d u get my #?-Damion
Dude I popped out a book and you’re asking how I got your #-Brendan
Whatever what do I do? –Damion
Ah try to be smooth welcome her ask her where she’s from things like that?-Brendan
Okay I’ll try-Damion
“So where are you from”? I asked Allie who was sitting next to me looking at her phone she slowly looked up and smiled “Ummm Kingston, New jersey” “Oh that’s cool did you come up to the city a lot”? “Yea my mom and I used to come up to see my Aunt Catherine and my Cousin Ashley” “What kinds of music do you like”? Brendan yelled from the front seat. “Ummm all kinds but mostly All Time Low , Angles and Airwaves and I love Linkin Park” “You know I saw all the bands live” “No way” Allie yelled to Brendan from the back. “Yup my girlfriend Emma loves Linkin Park too” Allie smiled back at Brendan and looked towards me and said “Wow your cousin has really good music taste” “Oh yea he does” “Have you ever gone to see the bands with him” “Ummm no we don’t hangout much but I’ve seen Linkin Park live” “Wow that’s so cool” “Maybe Damion could take you sometime they are playing in Madison square garden next week” Allie then looked towards me “Yea I could take you” “I would like that” and then finally we had reached school how I was going to concentrate on this game I didn’t know . Everyone jumped out the jeep I made my way towards Brendan. “What were you thinking” I asked Brendan once I was standing in front of him. “Dude you were dying out there I thought you were a bachelor”? “Well I’m not usually trying to strike conversation with my soul mate”!!! “Whatever you needed help so I stepped in” “Fine” I sighed. “Let’s go the game is about to start we all rushed in to the school and made our way to the gym when we were about to split ways Brendan grabbed my arm” “What I said looking at the hand that was gripping my elbow. ‘Nothing I was just wondering what do you play” “Basketball” “Oh you know I’m the star in my basketball team” “That’s really nice to know but I have a game to get to just sit with the girls at the bleachers we’ll meet up afterward” “Oh okay good luck” Brendan said as he walked away towards the bleachers I ran the opposite direction to see the team huddled in a circle for the before the game pep talk I ran towards the circle and squeezed my way between styles and coach Bradford. After the pep talk was over I looked out to the bleachers to see Allie staring at me and smiling with her two thumbs up beside her sat Brendan staring at his phone intensely. Then the referee blow the whistle and the game started.
Allie
I sat in the bleachers Brendan on my right and Brook on my left I looked out into the gym to see Damion staring at me I didn’t know what to do so I smiled and raised my thumbs up once Brendan looked away I smacked my forehead . “What’s wrong Brook said from beside me “Nothing I just I rose my thumbs at Damion “I laughed. Brook patted me on the back and said “It’s not that lame that’s lame” Brook said pointing to a blond girl that was wearing a cheer leading uniform she was walking towards Damion who was walking towards the bench to drink water before half time was over she smoothly stood in front of him and began whispering in his ear Damion shook his head and continued to walk forward the girl looked angry and followed Damion. I turned to Brook and asked “Who is she Damion’s girlfriend”? “No way Damion has never had a girlfriend Damion’s one of those one day guys her name is Sara she’s one of the one day girls that he goes to when he’s bored poor girl follows him like a puppy” “She’s nothing more than something to play with for all that dog cares” a voice from behind us said I turned to see a guy with dark brown hair and hazel brown eyes a huge smile was placed upon his face “Hey Caleb” Brook said from next to me “Hey” Caleb said has he climbed down and sat next to Brook. “Caleb this is Allie, Allie this is Caleb” I turned towards Caleb and I stretched my hand Caleb grabbed it warmly and said “Welcome to the group Allie” “Thanks” “Hey do you guys want popcorn a guy with sandy brown hair asked as he sat beside Caleb Brook out stretched her hand and grabbed a handful of popcorn and stuffed it in to her mouth. “Oh Crish bis Agrie , Agrie this is Grabe” “What I think Brook means” Caleb interrupted “Is that Allie this is Gabe my boyfriend and Gabe this is Allie our new group member” “Nice to meet you” Gabe said a warm smile placed on his face “You to” I replied. After the introductions were done the game began so far we were not off to a good start we had 2 points and the visitors 5 but Caleb and Brook kept insisting that Damion could win the game because he always did Brendan sat next to me yelling “Come On Come On DEVINSE for crying out LOUD”!!! Every time it was time to take a break Damion would look up into the bleachers as he walked to the bench I always tried to give him an encouraging smile. As I looked down at the court I noticed Styles hadn’t played for almost the whole game. “Does Styles ever play” I asked Brook beside me who was stuffing more popcorn into her mouth as she was about to open her mouth to answer Caleb covered her mouth. “We can barely understand you when you talk with your mouth full and its gross let me answer this one” Brook narrowed her eyes at him but nodded her head and kept her mouth shut. “Styles doesn’t play because how can I put this he sucks so the couch keeps him on Bench duty” Brook swallowed her popcorn and turned towards me “He’s not that bad” Caleb looked at Brook like he couldn’t believe what she was saying. “He’s not that bad last time couch Bradford let him play he kept scoring for the other team”!!! “I didn’t say he was perfect I just said he wasn’t that bad” “Your just saying that cause you loooove him” “Shut up” Brook said as she threw a piece of popcorn at Caleb. “Welcome” Gabe said over Brook and Caleb who began a popcorn war “Are they always like this”? I asked Gabe laughing “Always you get used to it after a while but it takes years to zone them out” Gabe joked. At that moment the buzzer went off Brook and Caleb stopped there popcorn war and Gabe and I directed our attention to the court the game was over it was 7 to 10 we lost by Three points I looked out into the court to see Damion throw his bottle to the floor and walk out I quickly got up and told Brook, Brendan, Caleb and Gabe that I was going to use the bathroom. I walked out into the hall to see Damion sitting on the floor with his legs perched up and his head in between his legs. I slowly made my way towards him and sat down beside him he picked up his head and looked at me then went back to his original position. “You know I’ve never lost a game”? Damion whispered. “Never” I asked “Never” he replied shaking his head “Well there’s a first time for everything” I said and I instantly regretted it once it was out of my mouth Damion looked up at me with a sour face and under his breath whispered “Soul mates huh? Some soul mate I have” “What”? I asked wondering what in the world he was talking about. “Nothing” was all he replied I let it slide “Listen I didn’t mean to sound incentive I just…” “Well you did” Damion interrupted me. “Like I was saying I was just trying to say that there will be more games and hopefully you’ll be able to win those” “Yea hopefully I win those” “Are you being sarcastic”? “Whatever gave you that idea?” “Your tone” “Ooops” was the last thing Damion said before he walked off and left me sitting alone in the dark empty hall way I sat there a couple of more minutes then got up to rejoin the group. “Hey I was wondering what took you so long” “I ummm got a little lost” “Well I’m happy you found your way back” Brook joked. After Styles and Damion got there things we headed back to the parking lot as everyone was walking to Style’s jeep I dropped my headphones I went to pick them up while everyone went ahead as I walked to the car to get in the back seat I could hear Brendan and Damion fighting. “I don’t want to sit in the back” “Just sit in the back” “No” “Yes” “Brendan I’m not in the best of moods could you just sit in the back”! “Sorry dude but no” that was the last thing I heard before Brendan jumped in the front seat next to Styles Damion huffed and hesitated to get in I went around the side to where Brook was sitting looking at her phone. I tapped on her window she slowly rolled it down and asked “What are you doing out there get in” “No I think I’m just going to call my mom to come get me” “Why we are all going to Johnny Rockets” “I don’t feel very welcome” “What Styles doesn’t mind driving you” “I’m not talking about Styles I’m talking about Damion” “Don’t pay him any mind he’s just grumpy because he lost the game if you want I’ll sit in the middle” “No it’s okay I’m fine I’ll just tell my mom to come get me or I’ll take the bus or something” “No way you still have so many people to meet” “Brook it’s okay” before I could say anything else Brook was undoing her seat belt and getting out of the car. “What are you doing” “I texted Caleb and Gabe asking if they could drive us were friends, friends stick together” I smiled at Brook “Thank you” “No Problem let me just let Styles know okay?” I simply nodded.
Damion
“Wow you’re a good bachelor” Brendan said front the front seat “Yea why the hell were you so mean to Allie dude” Styles said agreeing with Brendan. “I wasn’t mean to her she’s just too sensitive” “No I think you were an ass” “Styles said while Brendan nodded his head in an agreement beside him. “Just drop it both of you” “No I will not drop it Brook and I were getting close and you just ruined it by being mean to her friend thanks a lot” “Styles Drop it” before Styles or Brendan could talk again I put on my beats headphones and picked up the volume on my iPod. The rest of the way to Johnny Rockets I sat quietly in the back listening to Linkin Park while Styles and Brendan chatted about who knows what when we finally parked the car I had come to the conclusion that I was sort of an ass and that I was mean to Allie. When we walked into Johnny Rockets Allie, Brook, Caleb, and Gabe sat in a booth in the back as Styles stood at my side he whispered in my ear “Could you try not to be an ass this time”. “You should really listen to Styles” Brendan said before he walked off behind Styles. I grunted and followed behind them when I reached the booth the only seat left was one right next to Allie as I sat down she was joining into a conversation that had begun between Brendan and Gabe. After a while everyone joined in except me so I decided just to listen I wasn’t really in the mood to talk anyway. “So what kind of songs do you guys play”? Brendan asked “We play stuff like Blink 182 and All Time Low and Linkin Park” Gabe replied0 “I love Blink 182” Allie added enthusiastically I couldn’t help but join in “Which of their songs are you in to” shocked Allie turned her head towards me so did everyone else at the table. “Ummm at the moment I’ve really been in to some of their old albums” “Which ones?” “Mostly Buddha” “That’s one of my favorites what’s your favorite song on the album?” “Carousel” “Yea that’s a good one “I said as I drank a can of coke. “Yea” Allie agreed while nodding. At that moment a waitress approached our table “Hi I’m Monica I’ll be your server today” “Hi Monica can I get a bacon burger with fries and a garden salad also a coke and a diet coke” Styles said to the waitress while Brook looked up at him Styles then looked at Brook and asked “Did I get your order right” “No you didn’t Monica can I also get a bacon burger and fries and a root beer please” the waitress quickly scratched out the previous order and wrote down Brooks order. Everyone fell silent for a moment and then began to laugh. Everyone had ordered except for Allie once the waitress finished writing down Caleb’s order she turned towards Allie “I’ll have…” “Wait” Styles interrupted before Allie could say her order Allie turned her head towards Styles looking at him question placed upon her face. “Our friend Damion is somewhat a wiz when it comes to ordering for girls he once said I quote by looking at a girl he could tell what she would order so I think the bachelor should show us a sample of his wizard power” I looked towards Styles sure that I could and would kill him when we were alone. “I don’t think Allie or anyone wants to see how did you put it my wizard power” “I would like to” Allie said a daring smile picking out from the corners of her mouth. “I’m sure you don’t” “I’m sure I do” “See you know what you want that meaning you don’t need me guessing what you want to eat you already know” “Please” Brook pleaded from beside Allie I rolled my eyes and said “Fine” I narrowed and looked at Allie up and down she seemed to turn crimson when I looked up and down at her the second time. The second time I looked at her I was sure I knew exactly what she would order I looked over at our waitress Monica “She’ll have chicken fingers and fries” I looked over at Allie and asked “Snapple or Coke”? “Snapple” she replied I looked over at Monica again “And a Snapple ice tea please and that would be all oh wait am I right” I asked while looking over at Allie. “Yes you are right” “Then that will be all” I said to Monica but without removing my eyes from Allie the intensity that was coming from her eyes wouldn’t let me look away I was trapped by her dark brown eyes that sparkled when the sunlight broke through the window behind us but I wasn’t complaining. A few moments after Monica left everyone sat silent looking at Allie and I but I didn’t noticed much Allie and I were still locked looking at each other. Everyone soon went back to their conversations but Allie and I just sat there till she began to talk “How did you that?” “I don’t know I just study a person” “Hmmm I guess a magician never reveals his secrets” “I guess so and ummm about earlier being an ass and all” “You were an ass and I accept your apology” “I am hurt you were supposed to say I wasn’t an ass” I said while lifting my hand to my heart looking hurt “Well I never lie to friends” “So where friends” “Well I suppose so after you guessed my order I figure you know a great deal a lot about me” “I guess your right” I said looking at Allie we began conversations with each other almost blocking out the rest of the group never removing our eyes from each other. We finally pulled our eyes from each other when Monica severed our food. “Hey styles” I called as I saw him approaching the door to leave Johnny Rockets “What he said as he turned around. “Could you drop be off at the parking lot I want to pick up my car and I can drive Allie home” “Oh after being an ass to her you want to drive her home?” “Hey I apologized and yea” “Fine whatever” “Thank you Styles” “Yea whatever your lucky where’re best friends” “Yes I am” I joked I then went outside to fine Allie talking to Brook in front of the car I went over and asked “Could I speak to you a moment?” Allie looked at me then pointed to herself. “Yes you” I laughed she followed me to the lamppost in the corner. “So Styles is dropping me off at the parking lot on 5th avenue” “Oh” “Yea I have to pick up my car I was wondering if you would mind riding with me” Allie stood silent for a moment. “I would have to ask Brook if she’s okay with it cause I came with her and all” “Yea, yea of course” “Okay just give me a sec” I just nodded then Allie turned away and went to speak with Brook I watched as Brook nodded and before Allie turned around Brook gave Allie a wink and rose her thumbs. Allie then turned around and walked towards me “She said she’s fine with it” “Okay would you mind walking it’s not that far away or Styles can just drop us off” “No it’s a nice I’m fine walking and what about your cousin?” “Oh he’ll be fine”. At first we walked quietly beside one another in silence a nice peaceful silence. “Want to play 20question?” I asked Allie “Umm sure you go first” “Ok favorite color” “I have two blue and green what about you?” “Green and red” “Cool color scheme” she joked. “There’s only two blocks left” Allie simply nodded “So that cheer leader was she like your girlfriend?” “Oh Sara no she used to but no she’s not my girlfriend” “Oh what happened between you and her if you don’t mind me asking” “No it’s fine it is 20questions right?” “Yea” “We were just different like two puzzle pieces that as much you tried to squeeze them together they will never fit” “Hmmm” “What’s the hmmm for?” “Nothing it’s just nothing never mind” “What tell me” “It’s just I understand exactly what you mean and you don’t look like the kind of guy to describe feelings like you just did” “Is it the leather jacket or the bed head” I joked. “Okay were here” “This is it but it’s closed” “I have the key” suddenly Allie face looked alarmed “Are you breaking in?” “What no Ms. Withers runs a thrift shop in the parking lot she lets me use the space up stairs” “Oh I’m sorry that I thought you were breaking in I’m so stupid” “It’s okay I would have thought the same thing” I then turned away from her and lifted up the gate the parking lot was as dark as Hollister. “Ummm is this the part when you kill me?” “No that comes later I yelled back at Allie as we walked up the ramp to the third floor. “Oh that’s nice” “Come on scardy cat” I laughed and Allie joined in how I wished I could see her smile when she laughed at this moment. Then suddenly there was a loud THUMP and I could longer hear Allie. “Allie?” “Yea I’m over here I just tripped over this table I think I’m stuck” “Okay reach for my hand” I guided my hand though the darkness till a warm soft hand grabbed me I moved closer and grabbed what I assumed was Allie’s waist and pulled her up Allie grasped my shoulders and I pulled her up I carried her like a child and put her down when we got to the top of the ramp. I let go of her waist but held on to her hand and continued up the ramp. “Okay this one’s mine” I said pointing to the car that was covered. “Yea I would say nice car but I really can’t see much” Allie joked. I released Allie’s hand and took the cover of the car I rolled it up and threw it in the trunk. “Get in” I called to Allie. “Umm could you grab my hand it’s darker up here I can’t see much” “Okay no problem I grabbed Allie’s hand again and directed her to the passenger side I opened the door and while feeling the top of the car Allie got in. I then went around and got in the car myself once I got in I turned the lights on in the car when the head lights came on there was a figure walking towards the car as I rolled up the windows Allie grabbed on to my hand hard “This is the part when we die” Allie whispered I sat there silently thinking of things I could do to protect us while holding on to Allie’s hand I started the car but once I looked up the figure was in front of the head lights I rolled down the windows and stuck my head out ignoring Allie trying to pull me in. Once my head was out of the window the figure began to speak and Allie’s grip on my hand got tighter “Hey you give me a ride” I heard styles ask “Styles you have a car” “Yea I know but I leanded to Brendan he had to meet someone I huffed and nodded once Allie realized who it was her grip lighted but she didn’t let go. “Whatever just get in” once Styles was in the back seat I looked at Allie and asked “Are you okay?”
“Yea I’m fine happy we didn’t get murdered and can I ask you a question?”

“Yea I’m happy we didn’t get murdered either and yea of course what is it?”
” “Well I know we have the head lights and everything but how are you going to drive properly if it’s so dark and there’s tables everywhere downstairs with things on the them?”

“There’s an elevator that will take us down to street level it’s used for like if a car breaks down or something”
“Oh that’s cool”
“Can I interrupted a second if there was an elevator why did you walk up” Styles asked from the back seat I turned my head annoyed and replied “Because we just because we just wanted to walk up now be quiet!”
Styles held up his hands and responded “Sorry was just asking you have to admit it’s a good question”.
“Styles” I said with my nose flaring Allie turned towards Styles and softly said “Yes Styles it was good questions but maybe just keep it to yourself if you don’t want Damion to kill you, and I call it a success that where’re sitting in a pitch black parking lot and no one has gotten killed yet so don’t mess up the success”
” Styles simply nodded and said “Good point” with that Allie turned towards me and smiled I then started the car. Once we were out of the garage I made my way to styles apartment I figured I would drop him off first so I would get to talk to Allie for a little bit.
“Hey why are you taking me home she’s closer” I looked at styles through the mirror and gave him a hard look but I don’t think he got what I was trying to say since he continued on.
“So we should just drop her off first”
“Styles could you just shut up I’m taking you home first because she’s the only think keeping sane enough not to kill you and if I’m in the car alone with you it’ll be your death” I looked over to Allie who looked as she was trying to control the laugher that dared to escape her lips. Styles huffed but stood quiet till we arrived in front of his building.
“I guess this is me” Allie turned toward him and kissed him on the cheek I had never been envious of styles but in that moment I was. Styles turned red but returned the kiss.
“Bye Styles” Allie said as he got out of the car Styles waved at me and I not so happily waved back and zoomed off his street leaving Styles and his apartment in the dust. Once we were near Allie’s apartment I turned towards her and asked “So how’s New York going for you “I joked she looked at me and laughed.
“Well let’s see this is my first day here and I had a murder scare experience and let’s not go over the basketball game so I would say New York is going pretty well for me”
I laughed then answered “Then I guess New York is a success” she nodded while still laughing soon I was parked in front of her apartment and the night was over “Well this was fun” I said as I turned towards her.
“Yea it was well see you Monday” she said while reaching for the handle of the car I reached out my hand and stopped her “What are you doing tomorrow” I asked.
“Nothing why”
“Well I usually go to central park on Saturdays and I was wondering if you might have wanted to join?” Allie looked towards me while biting her lip debating on what to say then finally she place and smile on her face and responded.
“Sure that would be nice”
“Good I’ll pick you up at 1:00pm”
“Okay” with that she climbed out the car and waved goodbye before she disappeared in to her building silently I whispered under my breath “I guess no kiss on the cheek for me” with that I turned my car around and made my way home.
Allie
I stood in the lobby and watched as Damion drove away into the darkness of the night or how ever dark New York could be with all the lights flashing. I couldn’t understand the way I felt when I was around him. I shouldn’t even like him he was a jerk to me even though he apologized but still and when I grabbed his hand I had felt this tingle this warmth like his hand was made just to fit mine I couldn’t explain it. Mother still hadn’t gotten home from work so I headed to the kitchen to grab a bottle of water while drinking my water I couldn’t shake how badly I wanted to kiss Damion before I got out of the car I shook my head and decided I needed to get Damion out of my head if that were even possible he was somehow engranded into my every thought I dragged my feet to my room and decided I would read reading always help to distract and calm me and Brook kept talking excitingly about Spell Bound so I figured I would just read that. When I stepped into my room there was a girl about my age sitting on my bed reading a book startled I dropped my bottle of water the girl looked up and made her way toward me I took a step but the girl only got close enough to grab the bottle of water that had fallen from my hands then with a wave of her hand she dried up the water that wet the wooden floor she then looked up with a friendly face startled I asked “W-h-o-o a-r-r-e y-o-u I said stuttering.
“Sorry if I startled you I’m Emma, Emma Conner” as the girl said her name it sounded familiar as I look at the girl it started to dawn on me the main character in Spell Bound her name was Emma I looked at the girl wide eyed as I saw that she held my book in her left hand but in the middle of the book there was a big enough hole that I could put my hand through it and the hole looked as if someone burned it. I looked up at Emma who didn’t seemed to be concerened that there was a huge hole in the middle of my book Emma then looked at me and saw what I was looking at then said.
“Oh sorry about your book but it was the only way I could get out but I promise to get you another one” I looked at her not understanding.
“What do you mean only way to get out?”
“You know out of the book did Brendan explain?”
“What does Damion’s cousin have to do with this “
“Oh Damion must be your soul mate” at the word soul mate I blanked out and fell on my bed from then on slowly my room and Emma began to fade then everything went black.