A Journey Far From Home | Teen Ink

A Journey Far From Home

By ladybugsrock SILVER, Billings, Montana
ladybugsrock SILVER, Billings, Montana

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Summary:

Joan and her younger brother Ben really are on A Journey Far From Home when they take a 48 hour train ride to their home in Illinois from visiting relatives. The two siblings are still very young to be riding a train at ages 12 and 9, and encounter some difficulties along the way. These issues involve potato soup, a photo album, and a search from top to bottom. Will Joan and her brother be able to fight life and death and will they be strong enough to keep up?

ladybugsrock

A Journey Far From Home

ladybugsrock SILVER, Billings, Montana

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ok! Great! Thank you so much for the advice! Please tell others to read my book too:) Thanks again!

DanielM SILVER said...
on Jun. 14 2012 at 10:36 am
DanielM SILVER, Kent, Washington

"I would rather hated million times for what i did then loved a million times for what i didn't do." - Daniel Moto
" I've sought out to be the best i could posibly be but when i hit a roadblock in life what did i do, i had two choices either stay at the roadblock or i take this roadblock and make of it and go around it and achieve my goal. So, what will it be?"- Daniel Mathia

"People take love like its a four letter word or just a phrase that you tell people or your friends all the time. But in reality love is much bigger than a merely phrase or 4 letter word. Instead love is a genuine promise or covenant to that special person."-Daniel Mathia

“Why change yourself when you were made perfect and wonderfully by the creator of everything?” – Daniel Mathia

“If live is not hurtin then were really not living in.” – B. Reith

I really like your novel so far. I really like the storyline its seems pretty intersting. I liked your beggining sentence of chapter 1. Suggestion: try to write in paragraphs and indent to make it a new paragraph cause it was a tad bit hard for me to see what was next. Other than that Great Job!!