Struggle 1-3 | Teen Ink

Struggle 1-3

By amanda18, waterford, Wisconsin
amanda18, Waterford, Wisconsin

"Dont let the game keep you from playing."

One day there was two kids who were waiting for their mom to get home. One of the kids, which was a girl, was names Mariah. Mariah was a girl who was always sad. The other kid, which was a boy, was named Montee. Montee was a boy who knew too much. They have been waiting for two weeks for their mom now and still no sign of her. They only have one more day of food. Montee, however, knew what his mom, Shaynay was doing.
Their moms job was being a prostitute and a striper. Every two or three weeks she brings at least ten guys to her house and sleeps with them all in the same night. Their house is never clean, they don’t ever have clean clothes, and they hardly ever have food. The last time Mariah and Montee saw their mother was July 31, 1999.
That was when she brought five guys home. So there they sat, waiting for their mom. But their mom will never come home again, they just know it yet. Then five days later they were watching the news and it said that they found Shaynay Wilson’s body in an abandoned car. Montee and Mariah just started crying. You see the night before, somehow, Mariah’s and Montee’s dad found their mom. He took her out deep into the forest, raped her, then killed her with a shotgun.
So as Montee heard the number to call, he picked up the phone and dialed it. When the person on the other line picked up he said, “Shaynay Wilson is my mom!” The person on the other line then replied, “We will send someone over right away.” An hour later, three cops and two social workers were at their house. Montee told them what her job was and how they’ve been living for the last three weeks without her.
The social worker told them that they will go live with their rich grandma. Then the cops said they go hunt down their dad and put him in jail. So the social worker took them straight to their grandma’s house. As soon as they got there their grandma took them to get food and brand new clothes and shoes. So Mariah and Montee had a good life from then on. Yeah, right, it wouldn’t be a good story.

The End For Now….

When I last left you, Mariah and Montee’s mom died and they went to live with their grandma. Lets continue…Well now Mariah and Montee have a whole new life. They have a new house, school, and a new parent. When you look at Mariah and Montee they don’t even look like brother and sister. Mariah is white with black hair and Montee is black with blonde hair. They look like they are from two different families, but their not. Anyways back to the story. Now the story is a little different. Mariah used to be always sad, but now she is always happy.

But Montee stayed the same. He started eavesdropping on his grandma to figure out what she did for a living. Their grandma owns a bar. Their grandma’s bar is where their mom used to work right out in front of it. That night when their mom was killed, their grandma actually paid their biological dad to kill their mom. But Montee or Mariah don’t know that yet. Until one day. Montee overheard his grandma talking to their dad one night. And heard her say thank you for killing my daughter and getting me the kids.

So he finally figured it out. Montee then quickly ran and told Mariah, she started screaming, but Montee shut her up as fast as he could. So Montee and Mariah packed all their stuff and climbed out their windows to get away. They ran as fast as they could to get as far as they could. When their grandma finally noticed they were gone, they were only five miles away. She called the cops, but they said they couldn’t do anything, but put out a runaway notice.

So the cops and everyone in the kids family went looking for them for three years and never found them and gave up. It was three years later, Montee was 15. Mariah was 13. They have been staying at the homeless shelter. They were always first in line. They have been looking for apartments, but Montee was too young. So Montee said to his little sister, “looks like we are going to be staying at the shelter one more year.”

Mariah shrugged and shook her head. She hasn’t been the same after she heard what her grandma did to her mom. They had to look at one more apartment. So they went and looked at it. Montee did tell the landlord his real age. After they were done previewing the apartment they filled out the form to try and get it. After two weeks the guys contacted them and told them that they were accepted. So they moved their clothes into their new house. Montee went and got a job for five hours everyday of the week. So Mariah had to stay at their house five hours a day, alone. They lived like that for the rest of their lives, but that is not the end of the story. Or is it?

To Be Continued…?

When I last left you Montee had just bought an apartment and him and Mariah moved in. I also told you that Montee found a job and works five hours a day everyday, another thing was that Mariah had to stay home by herself for those five hours. Shall we see what happens next?

Well, on October 31, 2002, was the date of Mariah’s death. You see that day in 2002 Mariah was home alone for eight hours that day. That is when something went horribly wrong. At 3:30 p.m. Mariah was sleeping. She suddenly woke up when she heard breaking glass. She quickly grabbed the phone and ran to the bathroom to try and call her brother. But no one answered! So she slowly and quietly looked around the apartment. You will never believe what happens next. As soon as she got into her brothers bedroom she saw the broken window. As soon as she saw that she ran back into the bathroom and called 911. When the cops answered the phone cut out!! Then all of a sudden someone kicked in the door. In the doorway she saw her dad with a gun pointing straight at her. Mariah tried to run, but then BOOM!! She looked down and saw a huge hole in the middle of her stomach. She let out a long scream then fell to the floor and died right then and there.

Then the father went over and cradled Mariah’s dead body for a couple of minutes. Then her dad called the cops and told them his daughter has been shot. When the cops finally got there, all they say was a dead girl’s body. The cops already knew that it was the who called them that killed her because the he used was covered in blood. The only problem was that the dad didn’t give his name so they couldn’t find him. You won’t believe what happens next. When Montee finally came home two hours later, he had about twenty cops in his house. AS soon as he walked in the door the detectives started to question him. They asked him questions like, where were you two hours ago? Did you kill your sister Mariah? When he was asked that question he started to cry and was like what?! “There is no way that could be possible!!” screamed Montee. “Let me see her, let me see my sister.” When they uncovered the body Montee started crying hysterically. Then he screamed, “Who did this? Who is responsible for this?”

When the cops said they didn’t know, Montee got outraged and went crazy. When he started going crazy the cops piled on top of him and took him down to the station. When he calmed down, they released him. As soon as he got out he went to his apartment, packed all his stuff, and went back to the homeless shelter. He said he couldn’t love were his little sister got killed. You won’t believe what Montee does. After two months without his sister, Montee started going crazy. He started to hear voices and talk to himself all the time. He got so crazy, one day the homeless shelter had to call the psych ward which was named “The Fun House.” They took Montee away, and he never came back alive. If you are a person with a bad heart and cries, you should not read the rest of the story. Turn back now or forever hold your peace.

When he got into the “Fun House” they took everything he had on him and gave him a hospital gown. Then they put him in a room all by himself. The only thing that was in Montee’s room was a bed, small toilet, little cardboard closet, a window in the closet, and a camera. The camera was in the right corner of his room. As soon as Montee saw that he went berserk. He started screaming and was trying to get to the video camera by going on top of the cardboard closet that was close to the camera. As soon as he got to the top of the closet he jumped for the camera and grabbed it right before he started falling back to the ground. As soon as the workers saw him through the camera, they rushed to his room and gave him an injection that made Montee feel sleepy. In no time Montee was sleeping like a little baby. When he finally woke up it was dinner time. When he finally walked out to see what everyone was eating, he saw that there was only five other people in the psychiatric hospital. The food they were serving was a brownie, a green hamburger, and a milk carton. Montee sat down at a table with a black girl. Montee asked her how old she was, she said in a loud way 15. Montee told her how old she was and why he was there. She told him she was there for killing her ex-boyfriend. As soon as Montee heard that his idea of going out with her blew out the window.

After Montee was done eating he went back to his room and took a shower. AS soon as he stepped out of the shower he saw Raquesha, the girl he was talking to at dinner. She asked Montee, “Would you like to go out with me?” Montee stared at her and screamed, “No, why do you think I want to go out with you when you killed your ex-boyfriend?!” Then Raquesha ran out of the room crying. One of the workers then walked into the room and asked what happened. Montee told the worker what have been said, and then the worker said, “You have to be real sensitive to the other kids because they have been through a lot of hard times.” Montee looked at the worker and said real calm, “Well I don’t care what they have been through, my sister was killed by our father and I am suppose to sensitive to them yeah right!”

The worker just got all red, turned and left. When the worker was out of the room Montee got dressed and ready for bed. Before he went to bed he said his prayers, “Dear God please help me get over my sisters death and please help the cops catch my dad. Amen.” Then he got into bed and went to sleep. Montee has survived the first day at the “Fun House”. The next day when Montee finally woke up it was 10 am. He rushed out of bed to get breakfast, but he was too late. All the food was gone. SO he went and asked what time breakfast started and last said 8 am. Two hours late for breakfast, Montee felt like an idiot for not asking the night before.

Montee then asked where everyone was, she told him the gym. The lady escorted him to the gym. They were playing a game of baseball. So he ran to Raqusha’s team to join in. Montee was good at almost every sport. When is was his turn to bat, he hit the ball so hard that is broke through the window to the outside. After that happened everyone got all mad and started yelling at him because they didn’t have another ball. Montee then yelled out, “Forget y’all I am the best!” After that incident everyone went back to their room for free time. All of a sudden he a saw a black girl at his door with a knife. Somehow she blocked the camera with a picture of the room so the workers would think Montee is alone and ok. She started to walk towards Montee holding the knife pointing at him. He got up and prepared to fight for his life.

But it was not good enough. Raquesha threw the knife at Montee and it hit him right in his heart! Montee let out a three second scream, and the workers came running to his room. They saw Raquesha with a bloody knife in her hand and Montee laying on the ground. They rushed Raquesha to a jail and rushed Montee to a hospital. They did all they could to save Montee, but the knife went too deep into his heart. The only people that came to his funeral were the workers of the “Fun House”, Raquesha with cops, and his dad. When the funeral was over the cops grabbed Montee’s dad and also took him to jail. The dad will also pay for his wrong doings to his daughter.

Well, as you see almost everybody that was in Montee’s and Mariah’s family is in jail or dead, everyone except the grandma. She never got caught for having her daughter killed. The cops never found out that it was her who was responsible for her daughter’s death. To this day the grandma is still out there. Today she live in Las Vegas and is very wealthy. She is married to a man named Henry J. Edwards. So remember her husband’s name and look them up. If you do find out where they live in Las Vegas, just tell the cops and they can do the rest.